PDA

View Full Version : Finally a good Royce White interview (LONG READ)

Chronz
01-30-2013, 07:25 PM
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8890734/chuck-klosterman-royce-white

Royce White has a lot of radical thoughts about his own mental illness. But that's just the beginning he's worried about your brain, too.

He was on this mornings "GoodDay LA", seemed perfectly normal but Im starting to understand his mission.

Kashmir13579
01-30-2013, 07:41 PM
Royce White is doing great things right now.

sep11ie
01-30-2013, 07:43 PM
Royce White is a chump.

Verbal Christ
01-30-2013, 09:47 PM
royce what is crazy. literally.

flea
01-30-2013, 09:51 PM
He's not very eloquent but not everything he says is nuts.

Redskins10
01-30-2013, 10:08 PM
He's not very eloquent but not everything he says is nuts.

He's actually really eloquent.. Have you heard him on PTI? He's a very good speaker, he's just insane.

Chill_Will_24
01-30-2013, 10:39 PM
He's actually really eloquent.. Have you heard him on PTI? He's a very good speaker, he's just insane.

Cmon man

The man is making sense. The NBA is notorious for not treating players fairly. We see it time and again. There SHOULD be protocols in place. Absolutely.

flea
01-30-2013, 10:45 PM
He's not insane, he's just poor at describing how he feels about the situation. That's why you think he's insane. He's probably more in the right than the NBA, but his pontificating is filled with things that make most people shake their heads.

salmonleg
01-31-2013, 01:05 AM
I'd be curious to know if anyone's ever checked out his backstory. The little kid that he "watched die" etc. Just wondering how deep his layer of BS runs...

RiceOnTheRun
01-31-2013, 02:14 AM
I really can't stand this guy. He's idealistic to a flaw. Yeah, nobody likes stress, but what are you going to do about it. Unless he can fix ALL poverty in America, there's always going to be somebody stressed on where they're getting their next meal from. Not to mention almost 99% of decent college kids doing their work is going to be stressed at one point or another. What does he know about true stress anyways, he's been pampered his whole life. I guarantee that if he wasn't a baller he'd be fired from pretty much any job by now.

beasted86
01-31-2013, 09:22 AM
As I said before, forget trying to be politically correct with this guy.... Royce White is crazy as crazy gets. He sees the world through his own radical rose colored glasses where people don't have to deal with stress if they don't want to or do their job because it might affect them emotionally.

By his own admission he hasn't made any attempt to stay in shape because he's so busy being an advocate for mental illness. This screams somebody who had little intention to try and make things work, and shouldn't be in the NBA. Because if he really was trying to make it work, he should have been in shape and ready to play, because theoretically at any moment the Rockets could have caved in and bent all the way over backwards and agreed to everything he wanted, and then what? "Thanks guys for agreeing to everything I wanted, now just hold up while I spend a couple more weeks trying to get back into shape" Seriously, GTFO!

yaswaggin
01-31-2013, 09:39 AM
This is bs, everyone has stress.

Hope he enjoys flipping burgers at McDonald's, but even that job might be too stressful for him

Lab Rat Robby
01-31-2013, 05:38 PM
crazy or not, he is an idiot for not staying fit and playing ball. houston shouldn't have drafted him.

Chronz
01-31-2013, 06:24 PM
As I said before, forget trying to be politically correct with this guy.... Royce White is crazy as crazy gets. He sees the world through his own radical rose colored glasses where people don't have to deal with stress if they don't want to or do their job because it might affect them emotionally.
Thats true, but he could also be ahead of his time. I thought he was using his illness as an excuse to not play while racking up millions but perhaps he genuinely wants to promote radical change. Not just within the NBA, but across the world. A futile attempt but I can at least respect the crusade if its genuine.

If I had a message to get across, I would use any platform I could to do so... right or wrong

Sactown
01-31-2013, 08:41 PM
If he played and said this, he'd get much more respect than forcing his way out and still collecting a paycheck... If he wanted to make a difference he'd either play and talk about the need for a change globally, or quit basketball, stop riding off of Houstons money and become an advocate for people with mental health issues..
Chose one or the other, you can't collect undeserved money and try to tell people you're a morally respectable person.. what he is doing is theft in my mind.. He doesn't want to do his job but is willing to collect a paycheck for it.. doesn't make sense to me.

PrettyBoyJ
01-31-2013, 10:06 PM
I really can't stand this guy. He's idealistic to a flaw. Yeah, nobody likes stress, but what are you going to do about it. Unless he can fix ALL poverty in America, there's always going to be somebody stressed on where they're getting their next meal from. Not to mention almost 99% of decent college kids doing their work is going to be stressed at one point or another. What does he know about true stress anyways, he's been pampered his whole life. I guarantee that if he wasn't a baller he'd be fired from pretty much any job by now.

He has a mental disorder which makes stressing and the results from stress X10. How are you so sure he's been pampered his whole life and if he wasn't a baller judging by how well spoken he is I think he would do pretty well in a regular job. Also if he would get fired from any job because of his mental illness that's a law suit for his employer and probably bad press for that company. Mental Illness is real.

Chronz
01-31-2013, 10:38 PM
The crusade is impossible because of what our society has become, but we should never give up hope.

KingPosey
01-31-2013, 11:11 PM
I love how many people bite So easily when Someone makes clever analogies. I still can't side with him, he didn't say anythig profound, and still is a turd.

sep11ie
01-31-2013, 11:36 PM
Ok, he cried like the little spoiled kid, got his way and now people wanna act like he's some martyr...

You people are what is wrong with America these days.

Doogolas
02-01-2013, 12:45 AM
Ok, he cried like the little spoiled kid, got his way and now people wanna act like he's some martyr...

You people are what is wrong with America these days.

Wrong. You are.

AsfanSince99
02-01-2013, 05:05 AM
Royce White makes me SICK!!
Especially with all of his whiney-***, complaining tweets. I watched his story on HBO's Real Sports. He said he travelled to all his college games with Iowa State. So why can't he do the same with Houston? Because as he puts it, he trust his coaches at Iowa State and not the Rockets. What a crock of shiiiit. People with his condition go to work everyday and deal with their day-to-day situations as best they can, yet this dirt bag can take the Rockets' money, but he can't bother to stay in shape and be ready to play when it's time to? What a leach. I hope they cut his sorry ***!

AsfanSince99
02-01-2013, 05:27 AM
God this guy's a ******* head case! I hate him even more after reading the Grant Land interview.