PDA

View Full Version : Four Cavaliers in "Rising Stars" game. What do you expect from this team?

JerseyPalahniuk
01-30-2013, 07:12 PM
Both their top 10 picks from last year (Kyrie and Tristan Thompson) and this year (Dion Waiters and Zeller) made the team.

So far the Cavaliers' front office has been doing well in terms of identifying talent, although this hasn't translated to wins yet with the Kyrie/Varejao injuries.

Do you think this team will continue to develop this prospects and attempt to follow the (rarely successfull) Thunder model or will they trade for a current All-Star?

Will they trade Varejao this summer/next year when healthy?

How many years will it take for them to make the playoffs?

ThaDubs
01-30-2013, 07:19 PM
Kyrie is going to become absurdly good soon, Dion Waiters is already averaging 15 a game as a rookie so I expect him to be an all-star eventually, Tyler and Cody are probably going to be the next Pau and Marc, and Tristan Thompson is playing well. I'm guessing they're a playoff team in maybe 2 or 3 years.

JerseyPalahniuk
01-30-2013, 07:21 PM
Kyrie is going to become absurdly good soon, Dion Waiters is already averaging 15 a game as a rookie so I expect him to be an all-star eventually, Tyler and Cody are probably going to be the next Pau and Marc, and Tristan Thompson is playing well. I'm guessing they're a playoff team in maybe 2 or 3 years.

Woah we haven't seen enough from either Zeller to warrant such comparisons but I agree on the rest.

Arch Stanton
01-30-2013, 07:30 PM
We will see. TT has had a good couple of months and certainly warrants a spot. Not sure about Tyler Zeller over some other players that were not selected from that class? I don't think Kyrie will play a whole lot in this game because he is also in the AS game.

CavsYanksDuke
01-30-2013, 07:35 PM
Really was worried about the Thompson pick the second it happened, but he's been great. Zeller has over performed and just look at my sig for Cavs' fans reactions to the Waiters pick.

gotoHcarolina52
01-30-2013, 07:37 PM
They'll be a championship-caliber team when they add Raymone in 2014-15.

idrinkpepsi
01-30-2013, 07:37 PM
Kyrie Irving is one helluva player, I love watching him. Depending on who they draft with their likely higher pick in the draft this year it should be very interesting to see how good they can be.

Stunner
01-30-2013, 07:38 PM
They should only have two on the roster...

Buckwheat
01-30-2013, 07:42 PM
They should only have two on the roster...

Nope. You're wrong.

Thomspon, Irving, Waiters all are deserving.