PDA

View Full Version : Allen Iverson wants to join 76ers from office "After Retirement"....

Everymanalion
01-30-2013, 12:00 PM
http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/1/3...ers-retirement

Quote:
Iverson's manager Gary Moore was just in Philadelphia visiting with Sixers owner Josh Harris and CEO Adam Aron about getting the 37-year-old involved with the organization once he steps away from the game for good:

"Once he does do that, I want to ensure that Josh Harris and Adam Aron know how much Allen appreciates what Philadelphia has meant to him, what the NBA has meant to him," Moore said, "and to someday come back and be a consultant to them, to help them do certain things.

D-Leethal
01-30-2013, 12:04 PM
I could see him doing what Starks/LJ do for the Knicks but I can't see him having a role where he makes important decisions. Hes not built for that. Starks and LJ do community stuff, appear at games, mostly ambassadors for the team in the NYC community. I can see AI doing something for Philly in that capacity.

LongIslandIcedZ
01-30-2013, 12:12 PM
No one can say AI doesnt love the game lol.

I hope he gets a position he enjoys.

Blink
01-30-2013, 12:18 PM
Free Iverson

CarmeloAnthony
01-30-2013, 12:18 PM
I can see him doing that kind of job in the near future.

Quinnsanity
01-30-2013, 12:25 PM
*Front office

rockbottom2010
01-30-2013, 12:34 PM
i called it....i knew this was going to happen....i posted it on " iverson making a comeback thread"

beasted86
01-30-2013, 12:40 PM
He would be just great in a public relations position. He is a public icon that represents Philly.

ManRam
01-30-2013, 12:55 PM
Yeah. Something in PR or community relations would be good. Can't see him being a terrible good basketball operations type of guy.

Nick Anderson, for example, has a very strong presence with the Magic doing community relations work. AI could be effective in a role like that.

jaydubb
01-30-2013, 01:09 PM
He will ban all practices for the 76ers.

jaydubb
01-30-2013, 01:10 PM
^^Andrew Bynum will Like him a lot.. :)

Weezy
01-30-2013, 01:21 PM
Not a game, not a game..... We talkin about.. Practice.

asandhu23
01-30-2013, 01:23 PM
Yeah. Something in PR or community relations would be good. Can't see him being a terrible good basketball operations type of guy.

Nick Anderson, for example, has a very strong presence with the Magic doing community relations work. AI could be effective in a role like that.

Judge not by the cover of the book.

D-Leethal
01-30-2013, 02:56 PM
Judge not by the cover of the book.

Its not judging the book by its cover, we all know AI's personality and the way he views the game of basketball. Hes not a great basketball mind. He was an enigma as a player and while hes arguably the best 'little man' of all time and hes a legend for what he accomplished, he never played the game 'the right way', he had a ton of problems off the court, legal issues, alcohol issues, was the same guy who refused to see the merits of practice, wasn't a terrific teammate, never got along with his coaches, refused to sacrifice for the team or come off the bench late in his career.

Hes not a guy you want in the front office or making basketball decisions, nothing to do with his appearance.