PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 ball-handlers or all-time

NetsPaint
01-30-2013, 12:47 AM
Who do you have on your list?

There's a lot of guys I haven't seen/seen enough, so this isn't my definitive top three (don't have a top 5) of the top ball-handlers.

1. "Pistol" Pete Maravich
2. Allen Iverson
3. Jason Williams

Pete Maravich was flat out amazing with the ball. I've seen no one with better handles. He was also a great player which is a big reason he's number one on my list. Another big reason is he did all his crazy moves without carrying.

Iverson obviously has great handles, a great player, he also ran with the ball with blazing speed and slashed to the basket efficiently and often.

Jason Williams was like Maravich, except not a great shooter. He was streaky, but he still was a very good player so he ranks very high in the top ball-handlers list.

asandhu23
01-30-2013, 12:48 AM
AI, Maravich, Cousy, J Williams, Tim Hardaway.

Jerry West wasn't bad either.

seikou8
01-30-2013, 12:50 AM
handles or crossovers

ewing
01-30-2013, 12:51 AM
Isiah Thomas

IKnowHoops
01-30-2013, 12:53 AM
1. Allen Iverson
2. Tim Hardaway
3. Isaiah Thomas
4. Jason Williams
5. Raefer "skip to my luo" Alston

JAZZNC
01-30-2013, 12:56 AM
Any list with Raefer Alston in the top 5......save me Jebus!!

tredigs
01-30-2013, 12:57 AM
Jerry West basically dribbled one handed. Top All time? Wth.

Chris Paul is up there with the best I've ever seen. He's essentially perfect.

ThaDubs
01-30-2013, 01:03 AM
Tim Hardaway, AI, CP3.

Duncan = Donkey
01-30-2013, 01:04 AM
Jerry West dribbled like Stanley from the office.

Kashmir13579
01-30-2013, 01:09 AM

agree

Hawkeye15
01-30-2013, 01:20 AM
Isiah Thomas

thread. Zeke had the best handles I have ever seen. CP3 is as good as I have seen since however.

asandhu23
01-30-2013, 01:34 AM
Jerry West basically dribbled one handed. Top All time? Wth.

yes but he was really good with that hand. lol.

ewing
01-30-2013, 01:36 AM
thread. Zeke had the best handles I have ever seen. CP3 is as good as I have seen since however.

When i was a kid i had this video i Isiah drilling. Dude was obscene.

Iggz53
01-30-2013, 01:36 AM
Tim Hardaway and Steve Nash come to mind

rockbottom2010
01-30-2013, 02:16 AM
Tim Hardaway
Allen Iverson
Derrick Rose
J-Crossover
Pistol Pete
CP3

TheNumber37
01-30-2013, 02:41 AM
Iverson had very good handles and the best crossover ever. But let's not confuse that with great ball handling, I think you have to have pretty good handling off the ball to not turn it over.

Chris Paul, Isiah, Hardaway, Magic, Rondo,

tapajafri
01-30-2013, 03:17 AM
Tim Hardaway
Allen Iverson
Derrick Rose
J-Crossover
Pistol Pete
CP3

Good god you're a heat fan and got to watch Jason Williams play and you put Rose, J-Crossover, and CP3 over him?!?!?

Give me Jason Williams in his Sacramento King days over almost anyone!

tapajafri
01-30-2013, 03:17 AM
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Deron Williams. Whenever he dribbles, it looks like the ball molds into his hand and his hand becomes part of the ball lol

sunsfan88
01-30-2013, 03:20 AM
Steve Nash and CP3 only ones who qualify from today's players.

Lakersfan2483
01-30-2013, 03:22 AM
Isaiah Thomas
Allen Iverson
Penny Hardaway
Pete Maravich
CP3

It is hard to put a definitive list together as guys like Tim Hardaway, Jason Kidd, Jason Williams, etc... all belong at the top also.

LakersMaster24
01-30-2013, 03:22 AM
Metta World Peace.

Mr_Jones
01-30-2013, 03:31 AM
Please don't list any old-school players. I get that it's not their fault that they just picked up a ball last week, but they still sucked.

Kyrie and Chris Paul come to mind.

The goods
01-30-2013, 03:40 AM

Hahahaha

The goods
01-30-2013, 03:41 AM
A.I.
Tim hardaway
CP3
Zeke
Nash

Sadds The Gr8
01-30-2013, 04:09 AM
cant believe only one person said Jcrossover. He has like 5 highlight reel ankle breakers per year

alan.mcconnell
01-30-2013, 04:43 AM
Jerry West was also good one. He was drafted with the 2nd overall pick by the Minneapolis Lakers. He became the first draft pick ever of the relocated franchise.

PickFactor

Hellcrooner
01-30-2013, 05:09 AM
1 Tyrion Lan,...................er Tyron Bogues.

2????????who cares?

KingPosey
01-30-2013, 05:30 AM
The worst thing that ever happened to JWill was taming him. They should have channeled his game, not muzzled him. He could do ANYTHING with the dribble that anyone else has been able to do.

BKLYNpigeon
01-30-2013, 10:28 AM
Jamal Crawford.

Im_in_Mia_bish
01-30-2013, 10:38 AM
lol @ no jkidd or nash on anyones list yet.

BklynKnicks3
01-30-2013, 10:42 AM
1. Crawford
2. Isiah
3. Jwill
4. iverson
5. cp3

Fla.SticKy
01-30-2013, 10:51 AM
Iverson had very good handles and the best crossover ever. But let's not confuse that with great ball handling, I think you have to have pretty good handling off the ball to not turn it over.

Chris Paul, Isiah, Hardaway, Magic, Rondo,

IDK about the best crossover ever, T.Hardaway had a sick crossover that he was especially known for! AI had some crazy handles too, but I just dont know why J.Williams isnt one of the top ones in all these posts! Williams had one of, if not the craziest handles of all time. He was just plain nasty with the rock!

ZHawk1123
01-30-2013, 11:22 AM
Isiah Thomas, Tim Hardaway, Allen Iverson, Jason Williams, Chris Paul, Jamal Crawford

3RDASYSTEM
01-30-2013, 11:58 AM
ZEKE/AI hands down...i honestly cant pick between those 2, but i give seniority to ZEKE

KENNY A. was lethalthen T.HARDAWAY,PENNY had nice cable also
ALSTON and a couple others,STRICKLAND had a handle also plus JAMAL C

da ThRONe
01-30-2013, 12:03 PM
Jamal Tinsley
Chris Paul
Pistol Pete
Rod Strickland
Jason Williams
Jamal Crawford
Zeke Thomas
Steve Nash
Tim Hardaway

And Kyrie Irving seems like he's next to a list like this.

Chronz
01-30-2013, 12:53 PM
Handles as in flashy crossovers or as in ball protection?

I think Earl Monroe deserves some mentioning, its hard to pull off modern crossovers when the rules do not permit it but for his era, he was the closest thing to having the ball on a string and being able to spin and turn on defenders.

Today I think Kyrie, CP3 are the best protecters. With Jamal Crawford being the flashiest in the league.

Alayla
02-01-2013, 08:03 AM

Sign of the times. Back when he played players didnt carry every play the way they do now.

Alayla
02-01-2013, 08:03 AM
Jamal Tinley
Chris Paul
Pistol Pete
Rod Strickland
Jason Williams
Jamal Crawford
Zeke Thomas
Steve Nash
Tim Hardaway

Iverson?

da ThRONe
02-01-2013, 09:12 AM
Iverson?

OK Allen Iverson.

tonystarks90292
02-01-2013, 09:52 AM
Cousy
Kenny Anderson
Isiah Thomas
Pistol Pete
AI

C_Mund
02-01-2013, 10:43 AM
Isiah Thomas

Yup. CP3 is up there, Maravich is up there. I have trouble making a list without Jamaal Crawford, I don't know if he'll truly be appreciated until he retires.

.... although I've read a lot of NBA history I've never been able to watch a lot before the late 80's (I know, pathetic for a 30 year-old dude that lives bball....) so I can't really go too far back.

C_Mund
02-01-2013, 10:44 AM
Jamal Tinsley
Chris Paul
Pistol Pete
Rod Strickland
Jason Williams
Jamal Crawford
Zeke Thomas
Steve Nash
Tim Hardaway

....also this. Tinsley's a wizard with the ball.

3RDASYSTEM
02-01-2013, 11:00 AM
Handles as in flashy crossovers or as in ball protection?

I think Earl Monroe deserves some mentioning, its hard to pull off modern crossovers when the rules do not permit it but for his era, he was the closest thing to having the ball on a string and being able to spin and turn on defenders.

Today I think Kyrie, CP3 are the best protecters. With Jamal Crawford being the flashiest in the league.

So would flashy dunking and powerdunking be such a stretch to compare when comparing best dunkers? who was a better dunker NIQUE/KEMP/V.CARTER/DRJ?

A flashy crossover comes from handling the ball well, protecting the ball comes from handling the ball well.....does it occur to you that And1 ball was back then, isnt it why the ABA merged? because of the 'flash' they brought to table?

CRAWFORD is only 'flashy' because of his unorthodox style, but his handle is every bit as pure..dont get all political and try to say 'flashy' because at somse point they are all flashy with the ball,some do it more than others if they have the 'handle' and like to showcase it

KYRIE? hes the epitome of parkball flashy handle, wow you guys are amazing....CP3 is always showing off his handle..since highschool/WAKEFOREST

The NBA is all about flash/superstar/boxoffice/$$$$$...**** you been at all this time

Chronz
02-01-2013, 01:28 PM
So would flashy dunking and powerdunking be such a stretch to compare when comparing best dunkers? who was a better dunker NIQUE/KEMP/V.CARTER/DRJ?
I know plenty of people who break down the art of dunking into several categories. And those seem to be the names most people have, but I have a soft spot for the older guys who made it cool to dunk. I cant believe people used to not dunk because it was considered showboating.

A flashy crossover comes from handling the ball well, protecting the ball comes from handling the ball well.....does it occur to you that And1 ball was back then, isnt it why the ABA merged? because of the 'flash' they brought to table?
Yes?

CRAWFORD is only 'flashy' because of his unorthodox style, but his handle is every bit as pure..dont get all political and try to say 'flashy' because at somse point they are all flashy with the ball,some do it more than others if they have the 'handle' and like to showcase it
Its flashy but not as effective. Lets put it this way, back in Deron's prime days, his crossover was deadly. Its flashy because its pretty to see him use it to create space for his j/drive. Stylistically speaking, Deron Williams is arguably the flashier ball handler when compared to Chris Paul.

But CP3 is the better ball handler because of his low center of gravity and change of pace game, he doesnt NEED to rely on the crossover as much as Deron, so he rarely exposes the ball, thus he protects the ball.

KYRIE? hes the epitome of parkball flashy handle, wow you guys are amazing....
Not seeing your point here.

CP3 is always showing off his handle..since highschool/WAKEFOREST

The NBA is all about flash/superstar/boxoffice/$$$$$...**** you been at all this time
Its efficient movement with CP3 tho. I never said CP3 couldn't be flashy, quite frankly he has the ball on the string and knows how to attack the angles based on his opponents body position, its all about efficiency with him. The fact that he can create a zillion plays with such a microscopic turnover rate is why hes more than just flash, hes substance.

Alot of guys (Like Jason Williams for example) were much more flashier but lacked the substance.

Tony_Starks
02-01-2013, 02:50 PM
People sleeping on Agent Zero. His peak wasn't very long but when he was on top of his game his handle was nice. Either the crossover pull up or going to the rack...

Also prime Baron Davis was pretty nice.....

THE MTL
02-01-2013, 06:30 PM
Allen Iverson greatest of all time

Uncbball234
02-01-2013, 06:48 PM
If Zeke isn't on your list your clueless.

jayjay33
02-01-2013, 07:01 PM
Shammgod.....end thread.

Honorable mention

j-will
skip
kenny anderson
rod strickland
tim hardaway
nick van-exel
Ed Cota

--23--
02-01-2013, 07:51 PM
AI
Tim Hardaway
Zeke
J-Will
CP3
Jamal Crawford
D-Will

xofdusaia
02-01-2013, 08:34 PM
ONLINE STORE——————-
famalegoods.com

we accept PAYPAL/credit card payment and all the products are the FREE shipping .

Air jordan(1-24)shoes $33

UGG BOOT $50

Nike shox(R4,NZ,OZ,TL1,TL2,TL3) $33

Handbags(Coach lv fendi d&g) $33

Tshirts (Polo ,ed hardy,lacoste) $16

Jean(True Religion,ed hardy,coogi) $30

Sunglasses(Oakey,coach,gucci,Armaini) $12

New era cap $9
Bikini (Ed hardy,polo) $18