PDA

View Full Version : Why do short players not get the respect they deserve?

CousinsEvansDUO
01-29-2013, 09:00 PM
Isaiah Thomas just had on of the best PG games of the 2013 nba season, hitting a clutch shot against John Wall as well as going for 22/7 and doesn't get any recognition. Why? because he's a manlet. Being 5'8 nobody puts him in top 10 pg conversations yet he's been carrying the kings with his hustle and heart game in game out. If Isaiah was 6'1 he would easily have higher trade value, would easily be more desirable by other teams posters on psd yet he just gets thrown away like trash despite his incredible performances. Sure his averages aren't high, but when you have 3 decent pgs on your team(5 including salmons and tyreke) he won't be playing a lot of minutes, but when he gets a lot of minutes he almost always plays at an elite level.

So my question to you is this: Why is the nba and nba fans racist against short players? Despite their high level of play they do not get the same appraise or applause, this has to end, now.

JNoel
01-29-2013, 09:02 PM
:dance:

Sactown
01-29-2013, 09:03 PM
Isaiah Thomas just had on of the best PG games of the 2013 nba season, hitting a clutch shot against John Wall as well as going for 22/7 and doesn't get any recognition. Why? because he's a manlet. Being 5'8 nobody puts him in top 10 pg conversations yet he's been carrying the kings with his hustle and heart game in game out. If Isaiah was 6'1 he would easily have higher trade value, would easily be more desirable by other teams posters on psd yet he just gets thrown away like trash despite his incredible performances. Sure his averages aren't high, but when you have 3 decent pgs on your team(5 including salmons and tyreke) he won't be playing a lot of minutes, but when he gets a lot of minutes he almost always plays at an elite level.

So my question to you is this: Why is the nba and nba fans racist against short players? Despite their high level of play they do not get the same appraise or applause, this has to end, now.
He averages like 2 1/2 assists a game bro...

Minimal
01-29-2013, 09:03 PM
He average 11 and 3 this season what respect should he get from us?

BKdoubleStacker
01-29-2013, 09:06 PM
my sister has bigger arms than you

Sota4Ever
01-29-2013, 09:09 PM
Yes! Time to stand up for the little guys. How about this you make a thread everytime your short guy does something good and every time my short guy does something good (JJ Barea) I will make a thread. Let's get these guys the recognition they deserve.

NBA_Starter
01-29-2013, 09:14 PM
Kemba is a victim of this too.

poleandreel
01-29-2013, 09:15 PM
thomas is straight garbage

ThaDubs
01-29-2013, 09:16 PM

*grandmother

Celticsfan2007
01-29-2013, 09:19 PM

Carrying the team to another high lottery pick for the Seattle Supersonics?

Htownballa1622
01-29-2013, 09:21 PM

um...Racist against short players?

That's incorrect.

tredigs
01-29-2013, 09:22 PM
(pretending he's not a troll, which he is), I love that he considers 22/7/4 on average efficiency against the Wiz "one of the greatest PG games of the 2013 season".

That's may be his best game of the 2013 season. But does not sniff the top 50 PG games of the 2013 season.

ChitownSports16
01-29-2013, 09:27 PM
I would take little Nathan over all of these little chumps :)

ThaDubs
01-29-2013, 09:28 PM
(pretending he's not a troll, which he is), I love that he considers 22/7/4 on average efficiency against the Wiz "one of the greatest PG games of the 2013 season".

That's may be his best game of the 2013 season. But does not sniff the top 50 PG games of the 2013 season.

I'm pretty sure Isiah had a 34 point game earlier this season.

ManRam
01-29-2013, 09:33 PM
Thomas got a good amount of love last year. He just hasn't taken it to the next step and plays in a very crowded back court. Not sure what you want from people.

And I don't think people care about height. If you're good, you're good. Guys like Kemba and Isaiah don't get overlooked because they're short...it's because they play on terrible teams. Kemba does actually deserve more love. Unlike Thomas, he's actually been great.

Actual teams might prefer a 6-4 PG to a 5-11 PG if they're identical players. I don't think fans care though.

Also, I never get why I respond to you seriously. You said dude is "carrying" the Kings. Either you are truly just trying to be what people think you are, or you don't watch your favorite team play much.

Sactown
01-29-2013, 09:36 PM
Thomas got a good amount of love last year. He just hasn't taken it to the next step and plays in a very crowded back court. Not sure what you want from people.

And I don't think people care about height. If you're good, you're good. Guys like Kemba and Isaiah don't get overlooked because they're short...it's because they play on terrible teams. Kemba does actually deserve more love. Unlike Thomas, he's actually been great.

Actual teams might prefer a 6-4 PG to a 5-11 PG if they're identical players. I don't think fans care though.

Also, I never get why I respond to you seriously. You said dude is "carrying" the Kings. Either you are truly just trying to be what people think you are, or you don't watch your favorite team play much.

Isaiah Thomas has lost more games than he has won... that's why he's over looked... he's played like garbage.

Cal827
01-30-2013, 01:53 AM
:dance:

ewing
01-30-2013, 02:06 AM
Seriously, it's the not size of the boat its the motion of the ocean. Right fellas?

Mr_Jones
01-30-2013, 02:09 AM

bro, does this guy even lift?

Sadds The Gr8
01-30-2013, 02:10 AM
Sure his averages aren't high, but when you have 3 decent pgs on your team(5 including salmons and tyreke)

:laugh:

sventhedog
01-30-2013, 03:39 AM
because in basketball, size is really important. i respect all these small players who have all the heart to play. this is why smaller players who excelled in the league were rare and really impressive.

most small players have a good young career but struggles when they age.

reality is just that they don't lower the rim, tall players don't try to stoop down, and they don't give you extra points for being 7 feet or 4 feet tall.

Guppyfighter
01-30-2013, 03:44 AM
Chris Paul is called the best point guard in the league. He's short as ****.

DubbyDubbs
01-30-2013, 03:57 AM

BAHAHAHHAAAH

Such a dumb dumb dumb dumb thread and even dumber argument... Thomas is actually a decent player but you just hurt that by starting this thread... lol

1. a 22/7 night is not considered "one of the best games" haha... as a matter of fact this would likely be considered an off night for players such as westbrook, irving, paul, parker, etc haha. cmon
2. He hasnt carried the Kings to anything and beating the lowly Wiz aint much to brag about.
3) 22/7 for one game puts you nowhere near elite level.. especially if you count this as his best game of the year.
4) Salmons is not a PG
5) not that what you were trying to imply was true, but hating a small guy is in now way racist

Hawkeye15
01-30-2013, 04:08 AM
the OP's avatar is disturbing

Im_in_Mia_bish
01-30-2013, 11:35 AM

i believe they like to be called little people.

NYCkid12
01-30-2013, 11:58 AM

Wow, just wow.....

Isiah Thomas doesn't get recognition because he should be a back up

AIMelo=KillaDUO
01-30-2013, 12:00 PM
Kemba and Vasquez are two of the most underrated players in the league.

2-ONE-5
01-30-2013, 12:55 PM
this OP is halarious. only time i see him post is on the rare occassion a Kings player has a good game.

benzni
01-30-2013, 12:58 PM
because he is not usually a factor. Its not because he is short. What kind of stupid question is that?

Kudos to him for factoring into that win

Seguin
01-30-2013, 01:01 PM

Your sister must be a fat pig then

GiantsSwaGG
01-30-2013, 01:04 PM
:facepalm:

I Rock Shaqs
01-30-2013, 01:05 PM

Wow sexy pic....

I Rock Shaqs
01-30-2013, 01:07 PM

Your sister is a man then, never understood people hating on people cuz they skinny or toned lol, I'm like the same body shape too, girls don't like dudes who look like they on Steroids.

GiantsSwaGG
01-30-2013, 01:08 PM
Judging by the op avatar, I can tell he's a REAL fan of Thomas

GiantsSwaGG
01-30-2013, 01:09 PM

Does she have a d***?

Iggz53
01-30-2013, 01:21 PM
Yes, nobody from the Kings gets the respect they deserve. They should have 6 players in the All-Star Game and have a Top 10 player in every position. It's no wonder they are in 1st place in the West.

JLynn943
01-30-2013, 01:58 PM

Sadly, Salmons is leading the Kings in assists. He's been playing pretty well for us (at least compared to last year...)

Anyway, Isaiah hasn't earned respect. He's wildly inconsistent and looks for his shot a little too much (which would be fine if he was taking better shots). I don't really hold the bad performances against him considering the complete lack of structure the team has (he's intelligent and would likely thrive with some structure and consistency in minutes), but having a few good games isn't enough to act like he's being majorly disrespected.

WAYNEBO
01-30-2013, 02:01 PM

Um, because the object of everyone's affection is 10 feet in the air? Stupid-@$$ questions on here.. SMH.

Alayla
02-01-2013, 07:58 AM
CED overrating kings players once again if DMC Evans and Thomas where as good as he thinks they are the kings would be contenders

MrfadeawayJB
02-01-2013, 01:24 PM
Iverson got respect though

TrueFan420
02-01-2013, 03:27 PM

Hahahaha that's just all types of stupid right there