PDA

View Full Version : Update: Raptors Grizzlies looking for third team to take on Calderon in trade

spreadeagle
01-29-2013, 06:41 PM
Update from thread I posted few days ago on this trade. Sounds like this is in the works not just a rumor, although Woj does say deal is not sure thing. Any thoughts on takers for Jose?

The Toronto Raptors to discuss a trade for Rudy Gay, but sources say it is proving difficult to find a third team to acquire Jose Calderon.

The Raptors are reportedly building a trade with the Memphis Grizzlies for Gay around Calderon and Ed Davis.

As for finding a spot for Calderon, yes, teams have interest in him. Yet how much are they willing to contribute to MEM-TOR in 3-way deal?
Calderon is in the final season of his contract.

Colangelo noooo

The final hurdle for the salary dump of Memphis Grizzlies forward Rudy Gay to the Toronto Raptors hinges on finding a third team to absorb the expiring contract of Raptors guard Jose Calderon, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

The Grizzlies have inquired with multiple teams over the past several days, searching for a willing partner to facilitate a three-team deal, sources said. Despite organizational proclamations to the contrary, new Memphis ownership and management is determined to unload Gay and the $37 million owed him as soon as possible, league sources told Yahoo! Sports. Calderon has a $10.5 million expiring contract.

“With so many quality point guards, they’re struggling to find a spot for Calderon,” one league general manager told Yahoo! Sports. Preferably, the Grizzlies want a less expensive small forward to plug into the lineup for Gay, sources said. Memphis has been relentless in shopping Gay over the past several weeks. In a proposed deal, Memphis would likely receive another young Raptors player and a future draft pick, sources said. The Grizzlies have unsuccessfully tried to pry Raptors rookie Terrence Ross as part of the deal, sources said. Toronto has deemed Ross untouchable in these talks.

https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA

lakers4sho
01-29-2013, 06:51 PM
lakers

bstnfn34
01-29-2013, 06:53 PM
Celtics! Idk what to give up for him though.

diu9leilomo
01-29-2013, 07:00 PM
so..BC is working his *** to save his job...and we will end up at the 9th spot...great

dodgersuck
01-29-2013, 07:00 PM
Celtics come to mind

Swift Game
01-29-2013, 07:01 PM
Lakers should find a way to be included in this deal. Calderon would be great as a backup to Nash or vice versa. Not sure what the Lakers could give up without touching the core guys. Mitch will need to work his Magic.

lakers4sho
01-29-2013, 07:04 PM
Lakers should find a way to be included in this deal. Calderon would be great as a backup to Nash or vice versa. Not sure what the Lakers could give up without touching the core guys. Mitch will need to work his Magic.

1st rd draft picks from 2085-3011

bucketss
01-29-2013, 07:05 PM
wtf seriously this is a nightmare bye ed hello overrated rudy smh.

STA_PLAR
01-29-2013, 07:07 PM
Knicks Please somehow some way! We need some penetration.

valade16
01-29-2013, 07:08 PM
Why do the Grizzlies want Ed Davis when they have Zbo and Gasol?

uprightciti
01-29-2013, 07:09 PM

how?! there is almost no way we could get calderon!

heyman321
Oh god no!!! Woj is reporting it so that means Colangelo REALLY IS dumb enough to trade Ed Davis!!

spreadeagle
im guessing they will trade Zbo and replace him with Davis who is still on rookie deal. Prob try to get a cheaper SF than Gay for Zbo

bucketss
01-29-2013, 07:12 PM

the calderon curse will carry on to your team which means he will unseat any of your starting pgs and eventually have them traded.

bucketss
01-29-2013, 07:13 PM
how?! there is almost no way we could get calderon!

yeah there is give us shump.

They're cheap and just want to get rid of gays contract.

North Yorker
01-29-2013, 07:13 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bzed973

UPRock
01-29-2013, 07:19 PM
Dallas should be all over this.

aLau10
01-29-2013, 07:21 PM
As a Raptors fan, I'd say **** NO

GunFactor187
01-29-2013, 07:23 PM
Update from thread I posted few days ago on this trade. Sounds like this is in the works not just a rumor, although Woj does say deal is not sure thing. Any thoughts on takers for Jose?

https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA

Dat sig...oh...my...word..

spreadeagle
01-29-2013, 07:25 PM

Could work

spreadeagle
01-29-2013, 07:27 PM
Dat sig...oh...my...word..

Hamilton Ontario...home of a few hot ladies haha

NYYCowboys
01-29-2013, 07:28 PM

Awful trade. The Raptors give up garbage, and Memphis is trading Gay because of his bad contract, and get back another awful contract in Jeff Green, Bradley, and scrubs. The Celtics would never give up Bradley for Calderon either. Hollinger would never allow this.

aLau10
01-29-2013, 07:31 PM
Actually I wouldn't mind if Lakers got into the mix of this. So what would happen is this...

Toronto:
Gay
Gasol

Memphis:
Davis
Fields

Lakers:
Jose
Bargnani

I'd like that ALOT as a Raps fan!!!

North Yorker
01-29-2013, 07:32 PM
Awful trade. The Raptors give up garbage, and Memphis is trading Gay because of his bad contract, and get back another awful contract in Jeff Green, Bradley, and scrubs. The Celtics would never give up Bradley for Calderon either. Hollinger would never allow this.

Gay is owed $37M the next 2 seasons and is playing the worst ball of his career. Green could put up Gay's numbers this year if given the same usage, and gets paid half of what Gay does. Bradley could easily be Tony Allen 2.0, which might intrigue Memphis since Allen is due to be a FA next year.

If the Celts want Calderon they will need to give up at least 1 young asset, that much is a given.

Blink
01-29-2013, 07:37 PM
Pistons need a legit PG

kduce
01-29-2013, 07:41 PM
Pistons need a legit PG

I was kind of thinking that too, maybe he can teach Knight a few things. If it doesnt work out his contract is up anyways, if it does and he likes it in the D they could work on resigning him. If the Pistons just had to give up one of our many players coming off of the books there is no harm in trying.

smith&wesson
01-29-2013, 07:43 PM
how bout this

tornoto gets gay

memphis gets bradley and davis

boston gets calderon

boston gets a pg who can run the show till rondo gets back. then calderon becomes 10 million off the books for boston putting them in position to be players in free agency if they dont want to re sign calderon next season because rondo will be back.

memphis gets two great young prospects and save a crap load of money

raptors get gay, if they arent already... pun intended.

Avenged
01-29-2013, 07:44 PM
Lakers :pray:

i'd be willing to give all our trash except for Colby, Dwight, or Pau.

get er done!

kenzo400
01-29-2013, 07:46 PM

Future, Randolph has only got a couple of really good years left in him. Maybe not even if he gets injured.

kenzo400
01-29-2013, 07:49 PM

Bradley is overrated. He's never going to average more than 10 ppg. At least Calderon helps the overall team offense.

OceanSpray
01-29-2013, 07:49 PM
Celtics need to take this trade.

CaptainClutch
01-29-2013, 07:52 PM
NetsDaily.com suggest the Nets should help facilitate this trade. Maybe the Nets can accomplish something at the same time.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=addm5mm

Hellcrooner
01-29-2013, 07:55 PM
lakers.
send nash bad THREE year deal for calderons EXPIRING.

More cap for 2014 .

kenzo400
01-29-2013, 07:55 PM
lakers.

More cap for 2014 .

Why would you want to trade regular Calderon for a poor mans Calderon?

bucketss
01-29-2013, 07:58 PM
lakers.

More cap for 2014 .

he had his chance and decried to join the evil empire please keep him to yourselves lol.

BHF
01-29-2013, 07:58 PM
NetsDaily.com suggest the Nets should help facilitate this trade. Maybe the Nets can accomplish something at the same time.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=addm5mm

i like this for every team

North Yorker
01-29-2013, 07:59 PM
i like this for every team

Except it would leave Memphis with 4 legit PF's and no SF

bucketss
01-29-2013, 08:00 PM
the grizz are trying to cut salary so i don't think they want any part of large contracts unless they're expirings.

Green_Monster
01-29-2013, 08:00 PM

Celtics wouldn't do that.

Bradley is overrated. He's never going to average more than 10 ppg. At least Calderon helps the overall team offense.

Are you forgeting that he's arguably the best on ball defender in the league?

kenzo400
01-29-2013, 08:01 PM
Except it would leave Memphis with 4 legit PF's and no SF

Hey, they would almost be like the Raptors.

murphturph
01-29-2013, 08:03 PM
Actually I wouldn't mind if Lakers got into the mix of this. So what would happen is this...

Toronto:
Gay
Gasol

Memphis:
Davis
Fields

Lakers:
Jose
Bargnani

I'd like that ALOT as a Raps fan!!!

THis is Brilliant! Exactly the kind of trade i was thinking of! I think it workds nicely for all teams as well... Although, a second round pick or two may need to be sent Memphis way

PG: Lowry (Better Alvin Williams)
SG: Derozan (Poor mans Carter)
SF: Gay ( Tmac)
PF: Gasol (The Vet: Charles Oakley)
C: Valinciunas ( Antonio Davis... Maybe even better one day :)

^^ see what I did there raps fans :p

This team sounds dirty! On paper of course.. I'm not to sure how a Lowry/Derozan/Gay back court would work

bucketss
01-29-2013, 08:05 PM
THis is Brilliant! Exactly the kind of trade i was thinking of! I think it workds nicely for all teams as well... Although, a second round pick or two may need to be sent Memphis way

This team sounds dirty! On paper of course.. I'm not to sure how a Lowry/Derozan/Gay back court would work

*poor mans tmac

kenzo400
01-29-2013, 08:07 PM

*homeless mans Carter

murphturph
01-29-2013, 08:08 PM
*poor mans tmac

Tmac was not as good as he was when he was on the Raps... I know what your saying tho

Hellcrooner
01-29-2013, 08:09 PM
Why would you want to trade regular Calderon for a poor mans Calderon?

contract.

no nash in 2014 = chance to get 2 top f.a to join howard or 1+kobe
nash n 2014 = only ONE top f.a signable and if Kobe signs back then 0 f.a signable.

Blitzbolt
01-29-2013, 08:10 PM
Its a bad trade for us not only on paper but on the court.Why would we trade for a young average PF when we have 2 good ones.

The Raptors have nothing to offer us I really thing this won't happen.

P.s this is like the 6 year in a row with Rudy Gay trade rumors I'm tired of it as a Grizz fan the Media really wants to trade him.

kenzo400
01-29-2013, 08:12 PM
contract.

no nash in 2014 = chance to get 2 top f.a to join howard or 1+kobe
nash n 2014 = only ONE top f.a signable and if Kobe signs back then 0 f.a signable.

I'm a little confused. I thought you were a Raptors fan. My commented was directed at your statement assuming so.

kenzo400
01-29-2013, 08:12 PM
Its a bad trade for us not only on paper but on the court.Why would we trade for a young average PF when we have 2 good ones.

P.s this is like the 6 year in a row with Rudy Gay trade rumors I'm tired of it as a Grizz fan the Media really wants to trade him.

Just please make us give you Derozan, so we can get rid of him instead.

bucketss
01-29-2013, 08:14 PM

i think you're forgetting your owners are C H E A P, i thought you would know this by now when they gave pau gasol away.

denverfan66
01-29-2013, 08:17 PM
The Mavs and Boston first come to mind. Lakers make sense but I have a hard time believing Calderon, who's probably a 2nd tier PG, will want to play backup when other teams can offer more money and give him more minutes as a starter when he's a free agent in the offseason. Never know with LA though.

I Rock Shaqs
01-29-2013, 08:18 PM

Who the hell is we??? Why would you want to give up Derozan he's one of the best players on the team, actually do you even watch the Raptors play because if you do then you are just a hater.

Hellcrooner
01-29-2013, 08:19 PM

im a lakers fans.

i just check closely and root some for the teams with spaniards ( Raps, wolves, grizz, okc, blazers currently) .
I will not root for the dam pixies if calderon ends there tough :facepalm:

poleandreel
01-29-2013, 08:21 PM
Ed Davis is really nothing special. Nothing more than a backup energy pf in this league.

He has zero post moves, zero basketball IQ, and doesn't have much scoring ability besides open dunks/hooks.

North Yorker
01-29-2013, 08:21 PM
Celtics wouldn't do that.

Are you forgeting that he's arguably the best on ball defender in the league?

Is Bradley really that untouchable? I mean he looks like a Tony Allen clone, a solid role player who can defend and knock down the 3. If you guys could land Calderon by giving up only really Bradley (while shedding Green's contract at the same time) you wouldnt do it?

If Boston was gonna land Calderon, it's not gonna be for Green+ scrubs/filler.

Blitzbolt
01-29-2013, 08:24 PM
i think you're forgetting your owners are C H E A P, i thought you would know this by now when they gave pau gasol away.

New owners this year.

NoahH
01-29-2013, 08:24 PM
Celtics

Green_Monster
01-29-2013, 08:25 PM

Is Bradley really that untouchable? I mean he looks like Tony Allen clone, a solid role player who can defend and knock down the 3. If you guys could land Calderon by giving up only really Bradley (while shedding Green's contract at the same time) you wouldnt do it?

If Boston was gonna land Calderon, it's not gonna be for Green+ scrubs/filler.

Boston was hesitant to give up Bradley in the rumored Cousins trade. Why would they give him up for a rental PG?

I would not do a Green+Bradley for Calderon trade. Calderon is a rental.

RLundi
01-29-2013, 08:29 PM

... Nah, too easy.

Hellcrooner
01-29-2013, 08:30 PM
jazz needs a Pg and have wanted calderon for a while , also needs a wing and less bigs ( jefferson, Millsap)

raptors, want gay, and would need a replacemente big for ed davis.

Grizz want shorter contracts, youth , expirings contracts, would like to move randolph too, and they would need wings.

nuggets, could use a good big man ( randolph , jefferson, milsap....) and has a Wings logjam wiht iggy, chandler and gallinari.

i think something could be worked out from there.

RLundi
01-29-2013, 08:31 PM
Boston was hesitant to give up Bradley in the rumored Cousins trade. Why would they give him up for a rental PG?

Lol I love how Celtics fans overrate Bradley because he had one subpar season with a PER of ~9.

Green_Monster
01-29-2013, 08:33 PM
Lol I love how Celtics fans overrate Bradley because he had one subpar season with a PER of ~9.

How am I overrating him? He's 22, and one of the best on ball defenders in the league.

Why trade him for a rental PG? The Celtics chances of winning the championship are very slim, with or without Calderon. Why trade a promising young player, for a guy who most likely won't resign next year? I question the knowledge of some people.

North Yorker
01-29-2013, 08:34 PM

I bet if Boston actually had the pieces to land Cousins they would have no problem giving up Bradley. I just dont see what's so great about him. I guess he's over-valued by the Celtics because they lack young assets on an aging roster.

Boston has to decide if they're going for it (in which case Calderon would be a desirable target) or blowing it up. The East is weak anyways, if Boston landed him and Miami suffered an injury to 1 of the Big 3 in the playoffs then they could make a run.

kenzo400
01-29-2013, 08:34 PM
im a lakers fans.

i just check closely and root some for the teams with spaniards ( Raps, wolves, grizz, okc, blazers currently) .
I will not root for the dam pixies if calderon ends there tough :facepalm:

lol, I see.

Who the hell is we??? Why would you want to give up Derozan he's one of the best players on the team, actually do you even watch the Raptors play because if you do then you are just a hater.

The anti and pro Derozan arguments have been repeated about a billion times on our forum. I'm too tired to go through them again.

North Yorker
01-29-2013, 08:37 PM
The anti and pro Derozan arguments have been repeated about a billion times on our forum. I'm too tired to go through them again.

Dont mind him, he just stated this in the Raps forum...

I've never been one of those stat guys, because I actually play and watch basketball but Rudy Gay's PER is only 14.4 lol I think that's pretty bad.

Meanwhile DeRozan's PER is 14.2, so, I guess he thinks he's pretty bad too?

Sssmush
01-29-2013, 08:40 PM
I'm not at all for trading Dwight, but if there was a way that the Lakers could wind up with Gay, Calderon and Marc Gasol I think we'd have to consider it.

Green_Monster
01-29-2013, 08:41 PM
I bet if Boston actually had the pieces to land Cousins they would have no problem giving up Bradley. I just dont see what's so great about him. I guess he's over-valued by the Celtics because they lack young assets on an aging roster.

Boston has to decide if they're going for it (in which case Calderon would be a desirable target) or blowing it up. The East is weak anyways, if Boston landed him and Miami suffered an injury to 1 of the Big 3 in the playoffs then they could make a run.

You don't see what's so great? I'll say it again, he's arguably the best on ball defender in the league. He harrasses whomever he guards. He's also starting to come into his offensive game. Remember, he's only 22.

Calderon won't lead the Celtics to a championship. That rather obvious. So why trade a key piece to their future for a rental PG?

kenzo400
01-29-2013, 08:42 PM
Dont mind him, he just stated this in the Raps forum...

Meanwhile DeRozan's PER is 14.2, so, I guess he thinks he's pretty bad too?

I think he just picks a side in arguments and sticks to it no matter what lol The problem is the initial selection is usually pretty random.

Tmath
01-29-2013, 08:54 PM
I'm not at all for trading Dwight, but if there was a way that the Lakers could wind up with Gay, Calderon and Marc Gasol I think we'd have to consider it.

:rolleyes:

koreancabbage
01-29-2013, 08:56 PM

Derozan isn't exactly superstar worthy. He is totally replaceable if the Raps are getting equivalent in scoring. i.e. Gay. Its not a lateral move considering it moves Ross and Anderson to their natural position at SG and Gay at SF.

North Yorker
01-29-2013, 08:56 PM
You don't see what's so great? I'll say it again, he's arguably the best on ball defender in the league. He harrasses whomever he guards. He's also starting to come into his offensive game. Remember, he's only 22.

Calderon won't lead the Celtics to a championship. That rather obvious. So why trade a key piece to their future for a rental PG?

He really only does one thing well, so he's a role player. A Bruce Bowen or Tony Allen type. I wouldnt classify one dimensional players/glue guys as key pieces to the future. Those are easy enough to find in the league. They are available in the mid-late 1st and even 2nd rounds of the draft and you can find lots of specialists (whether it'd be elite rebounders, shooters, defenders, etc) fairly cheap in FA.

NBA-GMaster
01-29-2013, 08:57 PM
Celtics..

makavelli
01-29-2013, 08:58 PM
Gonna be weird seeing Calderon in a different uniform especially the Celtics.

koreancabbage
01-29-2013, 08:58 PM
How am I overrating him? He's 22, and one of the best on ball defenders in the league.

Why trade him for a rental PG? The Celtics chances of winning the championship are very slim, with or without Calderon. Why trade a promising young player, for a guy who most likely won't resign next year? I question the knowledge of some people.

they can certainly reload but you're right. Now its really the GM's way of thing if they still have a chance. If he believes so and they can land some major talent with giving up Bradley (not for Calderon per say) they will do it.

TheNumber37
01-29-2013, 09:02 PM
Can't understand why Toronto would want Derozan and Gay and then Give up a play maker like Calderon who has a shot at making them work together.

Boston could offer memphis Jason Terry.

spreadeagle
01-29-2013, 09:15 PM
Gonna be weird seeing Calderon in a different uniform especially the Celtics.

its that feeling you get when you dump that chick who has been getting annoying lately..but then you see her at a club dressed all hot with another guy...and then she drops 15 and 10 in a W over you lol

BleedingGreen9
01-29-2013, 09:24 PM
that chick has a massive and fugly shaped hand in ur sig

Mave1002
01-29-2013, 09:25 PM

There is a way.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=avpl6dy

DH12
Clark
MWP
Kobe
Nash

Pau/Sacre
Jamison
Allen/Pondexter
Meeks
Calderon/Morris

Pau And JMC on the 2nd unit with Tony Allen as the enforcer. What do you think?

Tmath
01-29-2013, 09:28 PM
its that feeling you get when you dump that chick who has been getting annoying lately..but then you see her at a club dressed all hot with another guy...and then she drops 15 and 10 in a W over you lol

Naw, he is more like a chick that gave you herpes, and you see her with another guy...

lakers4sho
01-29-2013, 09:33 PM
There is a way.

DH12
Clark
MWP
Kobe
Nash

Pau/Sacre
Jamison
Allen/Pondexter
Meeks
Calderon/Morris

Whatever good **** you're smoking, pass it to me.

murphturph
01-29-2013, 09:33 PM
There is a way.

DH12
Clark
MWP
Kobe
Nash

Pau/Sacre
Jamison
Allen/Pondexter
Meeks
Calderon/Morris

VERY unrealistic... The Raptors give up there two best players (yes Calderon is arguably our best player this year) and Amir Johnson who is vastly underatted

murphturph
01-29-2013, 09:34 PM
^^^ if Barg and pau can get mixed in there tho, im all for it

spreadeagle
01-29-2013, 09:44 PM
that chick has a massive and fugly shaped hand in ur sig

agreed, it only looks like that when the pic is small for some reason...with boobs like that though she could have a lobster claw for a hand for all i care

NBA_Starter
01-29-2013, 10:06 PM
I don't think this will happen.

Jenceman
01-29-2013, 10:06 PM
Oh god please let it be the Lakers who step up. Please.

BHF
01-29-2013, 10:13 PM
There is a way.

DH12
Clark
MWP
Kobe
Nash

Pau/Sacre
Jamison
Allen/Pondexter
Meeks
Calderon/Morris

puff puff pass

heyman321
01-29-2013, 10:17 PM
http://s13.postimage.org/ipd73pbbr/205769_448377631899337_294109293_n.jpg

Phew good thing this is a joke from turbozone, I almost **** when I saw it at first.

bucketss
01-29-2013, 10:19 PM

Phew good thing this is a joke from turbozone, I almost **** when I saw it at first.

i just had a mini heart attack thanks a lot cott damn.

ACanadian
01-29-2013, 10:23 PM

Oh ****, my heart stopped for 2 seconds when I read that...

spreadeagle
01-29-2013, 10:29 PM
just saw that on facebook LOL

smith&wesson
01-29-2013, 10:39 PM
I don't think this will happen.

i really, really hope it does

smith&wesson
01-29-2013, 10:39 PM
Oh ****, my heart stopped for 2 seconds when I read that...

lol i know the f was that about.

Cal827
01-29-2013, 10:40 PM

Oh Sweet Jesus in the Name of Jesus, I almost died when I saw that lol

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=atleg89

Don't mind this trade:

Gives Memphis 2 SFs and Davis
Raptors get Gay and Gasol
Lakers get Calderon, and take on Bargs in exchange
Memphis clears Gay's contract, and have two expirings next year.

Would send Anderson to Memphis as well if he's willing to wave the mini NTC

Pretty much the only deal I would make if I'm BC if I gotta give up Davis lol

Raptors:

Lowry/Lucas
Derozan/Ross
Gay/Ross (I want Ross to get a ton of mins at the swingmen positions so he can develop)
Gasol/Johnson
Jonas/Grey/Johnson (Of course, until Jonas i back, Amir and Gasol would start together)

Lakers:

Nash/Calderon
Kobe/Meeks
Metta/Clark
Bargnani/Jamison (both stretch 4s so Dwight has inside to himself)
Dwight/Hill

Grizzlies:

Conley/Bayless
Allen/Anderson
Fields/Kleiza
Z-Bo/Davis/Arthur
Gasol/Hadaddi/Arthur/Davis/

Of course, they could always swap Ed or Arthur to get another SF or a possible back-up C...

smith&wesson
01-29-2013, 10:45 PM
Oh Sweet Jesus in the Name of Jesus, I almost died when I saw that lol

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=atleg89

Don't mind this trade:

Gives Memphis 2 SFs and Davis
Raptors get Gay and Gasol
Lakers get Calderon, and take on Bargs in exchange
Memphis clears Gay's contract, and have two expirings next year.

Would send Anderson to Memphis as well if he's willing to wave the mini NTC

Pretty much the only deal I would make if I'm BC if I gotta give up Davis lol

Raptors:

Lowry/Lucas
Derozan/Ross
Gay/Ross (I want Ross to get a ton of mins at the swingmen positions so he can develop)
Gasol/Johnson
Jonas/Grey/Johnson (Of course, until Jonas i back, Amir and Gasol would start together)

Lakers:

Nash/Calderon
Kobe/Meeks
Metta/Clark
Bargnani/Jamison (both stretch 4s so Dwight has inside to himself)
Dwight/Hill

Grizzlies:

Conley/Bayless
Allen/Anderson
Fields/Kleiza
Z-Bo/Davis/Arthur
Gasol/Hadaddi/Arthur/Davis/

Of course, they could always swap Ed or Arthur to get another SF or a possible back-up C...

getting gasol & gay while keeping lowry, derozan, ross, & jonas.. annnnd ridding ourselves of bargnani in the process... so dreamy

Hellcrooner
01-29-2013, 10:49 PM
getting gasol & gay while keeping lowry, derozan, ross, & jonas.. annnnd ridding ourselves of bargnani in the process... so dreamy
Gasol and Gay dont see eye to eye tough.
Not a good idea.

Redskins10
01-29-2013, 10:51 PM
Gasol and Gay dont see eye to eye tough.
Not a good idea.

How would you know that?

LA4life24/8
01-29-2013, 10:51 PM
not gonna happen, pau for calderon and bargs? seriously, no one wants bargnani raptors fans, im sorry, its not gonna happen, and as the lakers stepping up i would love for it to happen, but without giving up pau, raps prolly wont do it

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
01-29-2013, 10:55 PM
agreed, it only looks like that when the pic is small for some reason...with boobs like that though she could have a lobster claw for a hand for all i care

^^^ exactly

Those things are freakin magical

LA4life24/8
01-29-2013, 10:59 PM
^^^ yeah every time i see that sig pic :drool::worthy:

Hellcrooner
01-29-2013, 11:05 PM
How would you know that?

they had a feud back in the day bout touches when both were grizzlies.

BleedingGreen9
01-29-2013, 11:15 PM

lol

bucketss
01-29-2013, 11:25 PM

after 5 years playing alongside the brick mamba i think playing with gay would be refreshing for him.

Hellcrooner
01-29-2013, 11:30 PM
after 5 years playing alongside the brick mamba i think playing with gay would be refreshing for him.

maybe lol.

Still i would not be thrilled about lowry, derozan, gay, gasol.

too many offensive players that look too much for themselves and to few workers that put their butt down on defense.

there needs to be a balance.

Mikeleafs
01-29-2013, 11:33 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a8bt458

Tor gets: Gay

Celtics gets: Calderon

Memphis gets: Jeff Green and Kleiza

Fills a need for every team...

xnick5757
01-29-2013, 11:39 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a8bt458

Tor gets: Gay

Celtics gets: Calderon

Memphis gets: Jeff Green and Kleiza

Fills a need for every team...

hollinger isn't touching greens contract with a 30 foot pole

EDIT: from one of his articles...

Re-signed Jeff Green for four years, $36 million: Can they amnesty Green yet, or do they have to wait until the games start? Maybe the Celtics are just trying to keep us on our toes and prove they're capable of screwing up, too. Here's what we know: Green was a fungible player before he missed last season with a heart problem; guaranteeing him four years (with a player option on the fourth!) at a rate far beyond any rational market level is something we might expect from a couple of the league's bumbling organizations, but certainly not this one.

I can't stress this enough: Green is 26 and played four full seasons in the league, and after all that time there's no evidence he's actually any good and considerable evidence that he's a health risk. Yet he's being paid like a second-tier star. This was, without a doubt, the worst contract of the summer.

Cracka2HI!
01-30-2013, 01:15 AM
This rumor doesn't make a damn bit of sense. If the Grizz are going to trade Gay it makes sense for them to pick up Calderon. He is an expiring at a position of need.

spreadeagle
01-30-2013, 02:46 AM
Wow what is Colangelo doing
Woj-

The final hurdle for the salary dump of Memphis Grizzlies forward Rudy Gay to the Toronto Raptors hinges on finding a third team to absorb the expiring contract of Raptors guard Jose Calderon, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

The Grizzlies have inquired with multiple teams over the past several days, searching for a willing partner to facilitate a three-team deal, sources said. Despite organizational proclamations to the contrary, new Memphis ownership and management is determined to unload Gay and the $37 million owed him as soon as possible, league sources told Yahoo! Sports. Calderon has a $10.5 million expiring contract.

“With so many quality point guards, they’re struggling to find a spot for Calderon,” one league general manager told Yahoo! Sports. Preferably, the Grizzlies want a less expensive small forward to plug into the lineup for Gay, sources said. Memphis has been relentless in shopping Gay over the past several weeks. In a proposed deal, Memphis would likely receive another young Raptors player and a future draft pick, sources said. The Grizzlies have unsuccessfully tried to pry Raptors rookie Terrence Ross as part of the deal, sources said. Toronto has deemed Ross untouchable in these talks.

Recently, the Grizzlies’ front office dumped three contracts and a first-round pick – including Mareese Speights, Wayne Ellington and Josh Shelby – onto the Cleveland Cavaliers to get under the luxury-tax threshold.

At 29-15, the Grizzlies are currently the fourth seed in the Western Conference playoff race. Beyond Gay, the Grizzlies have nearly $65 million in contracts locked into forward Zach Randolph and center Marc Gasol through the 2014-15 season. They are determined to lessen luxury-tax implications of holding onto three significant contracts.

ewing
01-30-2013, 02:55 AM
Woj-

This guy is a catfish

mjt20mik
01-30-2013, 03:23 AM
Woj-

We can say bye bye to Ed Davis.

Guppyfighter
01-30-2013, 03:53 AM
I want to see the Raptors do good. Colangelo, smh

Caveman508
01-30-2013, 04:44 AM
No way Bradley/Green go anywhere in a trade for Calderon lol

LeperMessiah
01-30-2013, 05:10 AM
**** is getting real.

kombayn
01-30-2013, 05:14 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=9wsfcxb

4-Team Trade that makes everyone happy.

Dallas Receive: Jose Calderon

L.A. Clippers Receive: Chris Kaman

Memphis Receive: Caron Butler, Ed Davis & a Future 1st Round Pick from Toronto

Toronto Receive: Rudy Gay

In addition to all this, the Grizzlies shave off a little bit more than $3 million off the current cap they have. The only thing I can see is that Dallas would want some type of draft pick compensation or cash considerations to get the deal done but they would be able to trade Darren Collison & Rodrigue Beaubois for big-man help if they need to look for it.

IKAZ
01-30-2013, 05:29 AM
really? we loose 1st round pick, ed davis and calderon and you say makes us happy.

atleast throw in landry fields or kleiza at worst...

kombayn
01-30-2013, 05:47 AM
really? we loose 1st round pick, ed davis and calderon and you say makes us happy.

atleast throw in landry fields or kleiza at worst...

Your team in the current rumors are ready to part with a young piece (mostly reported as Ed Davis) and a future 1st round pick. I think your boy BC is trying to save his job somehow. I do know that Dwane Casey is good as fired after this season.

LanceUpperCut
01-30-2013, 07:28 AM
Your team in the current rumors are ready to part with a young piece (mostly reported as Ed Davis) and a future 1st round pick. I think your boy BC is trying to save his job somehow. I do know that Dwane Casey is good as fired after this season.

Well then you sir know nothing about the Raptors. I don't even think we can trade a first round pick since we already traded this years, can we?

pacman16
01-30-2013, 07:30 AM
this trade better not go down, i love davis...
keep this team and just get rid of calderon and barni for anything.

IKAZ
01-30-2013, 07:44 AM
Coach casey been nothin but amazing for us. Id believe u in the davis portion but coach casey has been nothin but a bright spot for us.. sure hes adjusting on offense, isnt a great offensive coach but the team has been playin like men under him.

I hope its not amir we loose, Dont mind ed to be honest.

LakersIn5
01-30-2013, 08:08 AM
ed davis is overated here in psd. g

IKAZ
01-30-2013, 08:13 AM
HEs a good, young defensive big who can be something consistent. limited on offense, only drives left.. recently worked on his shot but hes no way in amir johnsons level. hes also a really good kid.

dayman
01-30-2013, 08:41 AM
Ya I'm pretty sure Raps can't trade 2 consecutive first round picks since they traded away a 2013 pick to Rockets (now the Thunder) for Lowry. I hate the idea of giving away draft picks, especially if they're losing a first round pick in Davis.

Bob_at_york
01-30-2013, 08:45 AM
Woj-

He is offering a 2nd round pick.

dayman
01-30-2013, 08:51 AM
HEs a good, young defensive big who can be something consistent. limited on offense, only drives left.. recently worked on his shot but hes no way in amir johnsons level. hes also a really good kid.

They are very similar players when you look at their minutes played and what they bring to the court.

I believe what separates these two is experience, as well as Amir's contract. Amir Johnson is a vet compared to Davis, but don't think for a second that Ed Davis and his agent won't be looking for a similar payday to that of Amir Johnson. And for that reason, I think Colangelo is making the most of the situation and selling high. I don't like this rumored pick that's supposedly in play...Hope it isn't from the Raptors.

koreancabbage
01-30-2013, 09:37 AM
Ya I'm pretty sure Raps can't trade 2 consecutive first round picks since they traded away a 2013 pick to Rockets (now the Thunder) for Lowry. I hate the idea of giving away draft picks, especially if they're losing a first round pick in Davis.

i think its 3 consecutive. 2 consecutive is possible still. not 3. from what I remember.

And its probably a second rounder. noone said its a first rounder. Remember, Memphis is getting a SF from someone else to get Calderon. so essentially they are getting a young PF and a young SF and a 2nd round pick. Thats about equal or more tha nRudy Gay should really get but I guess contractually something more equal.

mike_noodles
01-30-2013, 09:40 AM
Yes, Raps CAN trade 1st rounder, but it would have to be conditional. Every team must have a 1st round pick every second year. So the condition would be a 2015 or later pick. But this deal has job saving attempt written all over it and MLSE shouldn't allow it to happen if anybody up there has a any common sense.

RipCity32
01-30-2013, 09:41 AM
Pistons should get in on this.

ZHawk1123
01-30-2013, 09:43 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b5zbz48

Boom.

dayman
01-30-2013, 09:55 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b5zbz48

Boom.

That's not happening. Memphis is trading Rudy to rid themselves of a big contract, not absorb another one.

C_Mund
01-30-2013, 10:17 AM
so..BC is working his *** to save his job...and we will end up at the 9th spot...great

I still don't understand this point of view. I'm not saying I'm all for giving up Davis and eating a huge salary in return, but if we even sniff the playoffs this year it would mean we played awesome second-half ball to overcome a franchise-worst start. Then we give the Thunder the absolute worst pick possible in a draft that's not expected to be deep, and we get to start next year with a team that finished the year like 10-over .500 in the second half and a full training camp. Seriously. I love our team and our fans but I'm tired of this "we either need to be first or last" mentality. Let's try to be relevant first, and if we handle our assets properly from that point we can stop handing out our draft picks and youth and actually develop them. We won't need them right away because, you know, we'll be in the playoffs. Much like players, franchises also need to develop.

.....Start with winning some games, then maybe we won't be FORCED to win through the draft, like maybe a free agent or 2 might WANT to play for the Raps if they knew they wouldn't be a hero on a lottery team.

C_Mund
01-30-2013, 10:19 AM
Lakers :pray:

i'd be willing to give all our trash except for Colby, Dwight, or Pau.

get er done!

Haha, you could be the worst salesperson of all time. I'd rather have Caldy go to the Lakers than pretty much anywhere else though.

rockbottom2010
01-30-2013, 10:20 AM
im sooo confused with the way Bryan Colangelo is orchestrating this trade .

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
01-30-2013, 10:26 AM
so for giving up an aging Pierce Boston would not Only get a pg they need in Calderon but Aldo the promising looking.g ed Davis and wroten who I feel has alot of potenial? Lol never happening

Blitzbolt
01-30-2013, 10:57 AM
I think the key for the deal is the SF from the other team he has to be average young and he has to have a low contract because that's what the grizz really want(that's why they ask for Ross).

Very few teams would trade that for Calderon.So I don't see it happening.

miller74
01-30-2013, 11:09 AM
ed davis is overated here in psd. g

After reading through this i agree. Im a big fan of him and liked seeing him improve this year, and he'll keep getting better but Gay is a much more established and complete NBA player. The raps get the best player in the deal and upgrade their starting line up.

I dont know why people are so hung up on keeping players that really dont make a difference in winning and lossing. Ed Davis is not a difference maker and i doubt he ever will be.

Sly Guy
01-30-2013, 02:14 PM
After reading through this i agree. Im a big fan of him and liked seeing him improve this year, and he'll keep getting better but Gay is a much more established and complete NBA player. The raps get the best player in the deal and upgrade their starting line up.

I dont know why people are so hung up on keeping players that really dont make a difference in winning and lossing. Ed Davis is not a difference maker and i doubt he ever will be.

rudy may be the best player in the deal, but he's not that difference maker either.

mightybosstone
01-30-2013, 02:18 PM
As a Rockets fan, I'd love to see Houston get involved in this somehow to get Calderon. He would thrive in their run and gun style of offense and share minutes with Lin at PG. Although that would also depend on what they'd have to give up.

Team*Chicago
01-30-2013, 02:48 PM
Those teams aren't meant to win championships and never will while acquiring and giving big huge contracts.

BenFrank
01-30-2013, 02:58 PM
Hope Houston could get involved

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=blytfn7

kdspurman
01-30-2013, 05:38 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
There have been scenarios today that include third teams, and also where Grizzlies and Raptors could do deal straight up, sources tell Y!

Guess they can get it done either way

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Raptors and Grizzlies are discussing framework of trade with respective ownership groups now, sources tell Y! Deal could be done tonight.

and they're close.

gotoHcarolina52
01-30-2013, 05:47 PM
@WojYahooNBA

Memphis could still have a third team scenario to send on Calderon and take back players, but immediately unclear.

@KBergCBS

Memphis prefers to do Rudy Gay deal with Jose Calderon going to third team. Several potential suitors making push for the veteran PG

However, Calderon's expiring contract would not compromise Grizzlies' pursuit of luxury-tax freedom. Two-team scenarios also in play.