PDA

View Full Version : Scottie Pippen the Sonic

DJHUFF2000
01-29-2013, 12:31 PM
Pip is def 1 of the all-time greats,and 1 of my fav players all-time,how great do you think he would have been had Seattle not traded him to the Bulls?

king4day
01-29-2013, 01:03 PM
What would his team look like had he stayed there? Would Payton and Kemp still be Sonics?

I'd think they could have been true title contenders each year if they were all together.

01-29-2013, 01:24 PM
how would that work with the cap tho. cause Delf was soild no pippen tho. maybe wouldn't have over spent on Jim McIlvaine :/

Hangtime
01-29-2013, 01:28 PM
That's a tough question. Scottie certainly had potential to do some great things, but would he have tapped into that potential without playing along side Jordan who had a major influence on him?

I don't remember what type of team Seattle had at the time, but if Pippen helps to turn things around, they may never get guys like Kemp and Payton so it's anybody's guess.

DaBUU
01-29-2013, 02:52 PM
I'm not sure he becomes HOF Scottie Pippen without Mike. Scottie was really raw coming out of his small school, but with a lot of potential. Mike took him under his wing and molded him in his image.

mekedubs
01-29-2013, 03:14 PM
I'm not sure he becomes HOF Scottie Pippen without Mike. Scottie was really raw coming out of his small school, but with a lot of potential. Mike took him under his wing and molded him in his image.

Very true.... BUT, Pippen also taught Jordan how to play in the post and helped Jordan with his footwork because remember before Pippen, most of MJ's points came from taking his man off the dribble and the short jumper....

Byronicle
01-29-2013, 03:22 PM
Very true.... BUT, Pippen also taught Jordan how to play in the post and helped Jordan with his footwork because remember before Pippen, most of MJ's points came from taking his man off the dribble and the short jumper....

i thought that was Hakeem Olajuwon

joeym
01-29-2013, 03:42 PM
What would his team look like had he stayed there? Would Payton and Kemp still be Sonics?

I'd think they could have been true title contenders each year if they were all together.

If I remember correctly, Kemp would have gone to the buls in that trade....

mekedubs
01-29-2013, 08:47 PM
If I remember correctly, Kemp would have gone to the buls in that trade....

I think he means if Pippen had stayed with Seattle when they drafted him instead of going to Chicago in the 1987 draft....