PDA

View Full Version : Ranking The Top 10 PGs (Midseason Addition)

Jets012
01-29-2013, 09:48 AM
http://hoopshabit.com/nba-power-ranking-the-10-best-nba-point-guards/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+HoopsHabit+%28HoopsHabit%29

Definitely a different way at looking at each point guard. I actually think this is one of the more accurate lists out there according to this years play, even though the majority would disagree.

Only really disagree with Hill and Conley. I'd have Conley around 7. Glad Rondo isn't getting love because this is actually where he should be.

My list would look something like:

1) Paul
2) Parker
3) Westbrook
4) Kyrie
5) Curry
6) D-Will
7) Holliday
8) Conley
9) Rondo
10) Lowry

Mods you can change it to edition, believe it or not I was actually just coming out of a math class lol

kdspurman
01-29-2013, 10:05 AM
Jrue should probably be higher, and I guess since it's mid-season is why Kyrie is low. But it looks pretty good

Eagles710
01-29-2013, 10:12 AM
Jrue at 10 ???

Umm No

YoungOne
01-29-2013, 10:21 AM
could live with 1 and 2, the rest is pretty awful

NYKnickFanatic
01-29-2013, 10:31 AM
could live with 1 and 2, the rest is pretty awful

This.

Mishmin
01-29-2013, 10:32 AM
No this is all kinds of wrong.

marvILLous
01-29-2013, 10:47 AM
Clearly the writer got lazy after Conley :laugh:

Blitzbolt
01-29-2013, 11:53 AM
Conley is 4th in the West Jrue is 9th in the East.

I agree with this 100% great read.

Im_in_Mia_bish
01-29-2013, 11:56 AM
lol @ midseason addition.

EDITION BRO.

anyways that list is off.

Collings94
01-29-2013, 12:22 PM
Conley is waaaaayyyy to high.

Would you really take Conley over Rondo?
Over Irving?
Over Deron Williams?
Even over Holiday?

Holiday definitely deserves to be higher then Hill and Conley, maybe even higher then that.

Here is my top 10 (Excluding Rondo for obvious reasons):

1. CP3
2. Curry
3. Parker
4. Westbrook
5. Irving
6. Williams
7. Holiday
8. Jennings
9. Conley
10. Lin

macc
01-29-2013, 12:39 PM
Irving will be arguablly the best PG in the NBA within the next 2 years. Book it.

Twins Fanatic
01-29-2013, 12:41 PM

Over Irving?
Over Deron Williams?
Even over Holiday?

Holiday definitely deserves to be higher then Hill and Conley, maybe even higher then that.

1. CP3
2. Curry
3. Parker
4. Westbrook
5. Irving
6. Williams
7. Holiday
8. Jennings
9. Conley
10. Lin

Wow steph curry at 2, you obviously don't watch basketball or are definitely a Golden State fan; and jeremy lin on this list; Tawson, Vasquez, Lillard, Teague have all played better.

Twins Fanatic
01-29-2013, 12:42 PM
Irving will be arguablly the best PG in the NBA within the next 2 years. Book it.

True, as long as Cleveland can surround him with talent, preferably a couple of big men.

Blitzbolt
01-29-2013, 12:51 PM
Like the article says Conley is pretty much the best Defensive PG in the NBA you have to reward that.Clearly the other guys are better play makers ect on offense..

LJEATON26
01-29-2013, 12:53 PM

Over Irving?
Over Deron Williams?
Even over Holiday?

1. CP3
2. Curry
3. Parker
4. Westbrook
5. Irving
6. Williams
7. Holiday
8. Jennings
9. Conley
10. Lin

Westbrook at 4? Hell I quit looking at the hoopshabit website because they had Parker over him. He is statistically better in every category then Parker and Curry and that is with him being the number 2 option on the team. Just more of nobody showing Westbrook love because he isn't a traditional PG.

sfattahian
01-29-2013, 01:07 PM
Conley way too high, curry a bit too low

Raider0510
01-29-2013, 01:09 PM

Over Irving?
Over Deron Williams?
Even over Holiday?

1. CP3
2. Curry
3. Parker
4. Westbrook
5. Irving
6. Williams
7. Holiday
8. Jennings
9. Conley
10. Linyou have got to be kidding me this list is a joke right im a warrior fan and I dont think curry is the second best both parker and westbrook should be ahead and how could you put lin anywhere near the top 10 rondo is way ahead of him I would even rank him ahead of williams and conely I would say with the exeption of this year because of injury rondo is top 5 in the leauge

SanAntonioSpurs23
01-29-2013, 01:12 PM
Shitbrick is so over rated......

kdspurman
01-29-2013, 01:29 PM
I think we can all agree Mario Chalmers is out of his mind with statements like this from a recent interview. :facepalm:

Brian Windhorst ‏@WindhorstESPN
Mario Chalmers on ranking among PGs: Id say top 10. Im not in the lower part (of top 10), Im in the middle part."

Minimal
01-29-2013, 02:11 PM
1. Cp3
2. Westbook
3. Rondo
4. Kyrie
5. Curry
6. Parker
7. Holiday
8. Williams
9. Jeff Teague
10. Lillard

Im_in_Mia_bish
01-29-2013, 02:13 PM
I think we can all agree Mario Chalmers is out of his mind with statements like this from a recent interview. :facepalm:

:(

kdspurman
01-29-2013, 02:45 PM
:(

lol I mean to specifically say he's in the middle of the top 10 vs the bottom. I don't get it! I think he's serious too which is the scary part

Im_in_Mia_bish
01-29-2013, 02:47 PM
lol I mean to specifically say he's in the middle of the top 10 vs the bottom. I don't get it! I think he's serious too which is the scary part

i know man. he's so inconsistent, but so cocky.
and the funny thing is that he was honestly serious about that statement lol

he keeps tryin to also let us know that he has the best floater in the game and that lebron and wade learned it from him lol

kdspurman
01-29-2013, 02:53 PM
i know man. he's so inconsistent, but so cocky.
and the funny thing is that he was honestly serious about that statement lol

he keeps tryin to also let us know that he has the best floater in the game and that lebron and wade learned it from him lol

Man... They should let him be the focal point for a game like towards the end of the season. Maybe a game or 2 so we can see what he does. Just like sit Lebron/Wade and maybe Bosh too.

Sactown
01-29-2013, 02:54 PM
Man... They should let him be the focal point for a game like towards the end of the season. Maybe a game or 2 so we can see what he does. Just like sit Lebron/Wade and maybe Bosh too.

Let him at least have bosh... Bosh and spot up shooters, he does the creating tho

Im_in_Mia_bish
01-29-2013, 02:55 PM

he's barely better than norris cole, who btw has the worst PER in the NBA.
:facepalm:

sigh PG issues.

Im_in_Mia_bish
01-29-2013, 02:56 PM
you guys should check out the RAPM for this season lol i was so disgusted by it.

kdspurman
01-29-2013, 03:15 PM
he's barely better than norris cole, who btw has the worst PER in the NBA.
:facepalm:

sigh PG issues.

lmao...

Honestly, the PG issues are swept under the rug because Lebron is a great play maker. Chalmers is on the court cause they need a "starting PG" and he can hit the 3 ball

you guys should check out the RAPM for this season lol i was so disgusted by it.

Where's a good site to check that out?

Collings94
01-29-2013, 03:21 PM
Irving is a great player, but his team really sucks.

Curry is an incredibly efficient player, who is playing very well for a team that is playing very well and exceeding expectations.

I'm a little bit biased against Westbrook. I wholeheartedly believe that he hurts his team. OKC really should have managed to trade Westbrook and keep Harden. The Thunder will never win a championship if Westbrook is the guy taking the most shots on there team.

SLY WILLIAMS
01-29-2013, 03:25 PM
Irving is a great player, but his team really sucks.

Curry is an incredibly efficient player, who is playing very well for a team that is playing very well and exceeding expectations.

I'm a little bit biased against Westbrook. I wholeheartedly believe that he hurts his team. OKC really should have managed to trade Westbrook and keep Harden. The Thunder will never win a championship if Westbrook is the guy taking the most shots on there team.

Westbrook would drive me nuts since I like a PG to think pass first but with that said he is so much better than most guards physically. At times he is unguardable for smaller PGs.

Im_in_Mia_bish
01-29-2013, 03:34 PM
lmao...

Honestly, the PG issues are swept under the rug because Lebron is a great play maker. Chalmers is on the court cause they need a "starting PG" and he can hit the 3 ball

Where's a good site to check that out?

http://stats-for-the-nba.appspot.com/

and try not to cringe when you see cole down there just ahead of earl clark lol

b@llhog24
01-29-2013, 03:39 PM
Lol this list is horrible. Kyrie at 6? :laugh2:

SanAntonioSpurs23
01-29-2013, 03:42 PM
1. Cp3
2. Westbook
3. Rondo
4. Kyrie
5. Curry
6. Parker
7. Holiday
8. Williams
9. Jeff Teague
10. Lillard

Pretty much agree except id have Irving at 6, Parker at 5 and Curry at 4. Irving plays for a ****** team so of course his numbers would be inflated.

b@llhog24
01-29-2013, 03:46 PM
Pretty much agree except id have Irving at 6, Parker at 5 and Curry at 4. Irving plays for a ****** team so of course his numbers would be inflated.

Then way is so ****ing efficient? It's one thing to get counting stats by just chucking up shots, but he's scoring at a very efficient clip.

kdspurman
01-29-2013, 03:52 PM
http://stats-for-the-nba.appspot.com/

and try not to cringe when you see cole down there just ahead of earl clark lol

Thanks! Yea that's bad man :laugh2:

yaswaggin
01-29-2013, 03:58 PM
1. CP3
2. Westbrook
3. Irving
4. Curry
5. Parker
6. Holiday
7. Rondo
8. Deron
9. Lillard
10. Conley

On the bubble:

Vasquez, Teague, Jennings

ThaDubs
01-29-2013, 03:59 PM
1. CP3
2. Westbrook
3. Rajon Rondo
4. Tony Parker
5. Steph Curry
6. Kyrie Irving
7. Jrue Holiday
8. Deron Williams
9. Damian Lillard
10. Brandon Jennings

xxplayerxx23
01-29-2013, 04:03 PM
1-cp3
2- westy
3-kyrie
4-Parker
5-curry
6-rondo
7- deron
8-holiday
9-Conley
10-lillard

Collings94
01-29-2013, 04:09 PM
Westbrook would drive me nuts since I like a PG to think pass first but with that said he is so much better than most guards physically. At times he is unguardable for smaller PGs.

I think Westbrook is a great athlete and has maybe the best acceleration I have ever seen out of basketball player. However, there is no reason why he should be taking more shots per game then KD none.

If they had kept Harden and traded Westbrook for an average playmaking PG, like Calderon, I think OKC is a much better theam.

DanG
01-29-2013, 04:15 PM
1. Chris Paul
2. Russell Westbrook
3. Tony Parker
4. Kyrie Irving
5. Rajon Rondo
6. Stephen Curry
7. Jrue Holiday
8. Deron Williams
blah
blah

SLY WILLIAMS
01-29-2013, 04:18 PM
I think Westbrook is a great athlete and has maybe the best acceleration I have ever seen out of basketball player. However, there is no reason why he should be taking more shots per game then KD none.

If they had kept Harden and traded Westbrook for an average playmaking PG, like Calderon, I think OKC is a much better theam.

I agree about his amount of shots he takes for sure but defense is a major difference between Westbrook and Calderon.

xxplayerxx23
01-29-2013, 04:28 PM

What? Really he is a top 3-5 defensive pg in the game. He also takes attention from defenders. H takes to many shots yes but he is still the better player. Martin has played well okc is just as good if not better then they are last year. They also got lamb and a pick I think they got a good trade. Harden is obviously a great player but I think westy Is better

Ty_Lawson
01-29-2013, 04:33 PM
no love for ty...

Rockice_8
01-29-2013, 04:39 PM
Minus Rondo since he's now done for the year my list looks like this

1. CP3
2. Westbrook
3. Parker
4. Irving
5. Curry
6. D-Will
7. Holiday
8. Conley
9. Jennings
10. Lawson

If I included Rondo he'd be in the 6-7 range with D-Will and Holiday.

Quinnsanity
01-29-2013, 04:43 PM
*Edition

IndyRealist
01-29-2013, 04:50 PM
Westbrook at 4? Hell I quit looking at the hoopshabit website because they had Parker over him. He is statistically better in every category then Parker and Curry and that is with him being the number 2 option on the team. Just more of nobody showing Westbrook love because he isn't a traditional PG.

Westbrook is a really inefficient shooter. Parker is mucher better on 2s, 3s, a bit better on FTs. Per minute, they score the same and get the same number of assists. Westy gets more rebounds and steals, Parker commits less turnovers and fouls. Parker is so much more efficient offensively it's unfair to compare them.

tp13baby
01-29-2013, 05:07 PM
Wow steph curry at 2, you obviously don't watch basketball or are definitely a Golden State fan; and jeremy lin on this list; Tawson, Vasquez, Lillard, Teague have all played better.

Curry has been playing great man. Not two but he is up there. And Jeremy Lin isn't close. As a Nuggets fan, I wish we played Houston all year, Lawson has absolutely tore up Lin. 21 ppg 7.5 assists compared to Lins 7.5 ppg and 6.5 assists.

TrueFan420
01-29-2013, 05:49 PM

the funny thing is mike james has had better statistical seasons than chalmers

Hawkeye15
01-29-2013, 05:54 PM
lot of people not watching Conley I see. Its why I said Gay was the 4th best player of their large deals.

seikou8
01-29-2013, 05:58 PM
Westbrook is a really inefficient shooter. Parker is mucher better on 2s, 3s, a bit better on FTs. Per minute, they score the same and get the same number of assists. Westy gets more rebounds and steals, Parker commits less turnovers and fouls. Parker is so much more efficient offensively it's unfair to compare them.

westbrook is thec better defender and has higher up side ill take westbrook but you cant go wrong with etiher

ThaDubs
01-29-2013, 06:16 PM

Over Irving?
Over Deron Williams?
Even over Holiday?

1. CP3
2. Curry
3. Parker
4. Westbrook
5. Irving
6. Williams
7. Holiday
8. Jennings
9. Conley
10. Lin

Sorry man, I enjoy the praise of Steph, but I'm a season ticket holder and I wouldn't even put him at 2. Either 3-5, with Rondo and Parker contending for spots with Steph. Maybe in the future? :shrug:

Hawkeye15
01-29-2013, 06:22 PM
I honestly think Rondo is the most overrated player in the NBA over the past couple of years.

IndyRealist
01-29-2013, 06:27 PM
westbrook is thec better defender and has higher up side ill take westbrook but you cant go wrong with etiher

Oh I agree. Was just responding to the notion that westbrook is better statistically than parker. Statistically Westbrook isn't in the same league. This year I'd take Parker. Next three years? Westy.

Nats_vcu-Okc35
01-29-2013, 06:50 PM
1. CP3
2. Westbrook
3. Rajon Rondo
4. Tony Parker
5. Steph Curry
6. Kyrie Irving
7. Jrue Holiday
8. Deron Williams
9. Damian Lillard
10. Brandon Jennings

Flip Parker and Irving; Holiday and Jennings. That's my list.
Honorable mention to Vasquez who is playing way above expectations.

Swashcuff
01-29-2013, 07:22 PM
no love for ty...

Are you really a fan of Ty? I seriously question that because for the first 30+ games of this season especially within the first 25 or so he's been nothing but underwhelming in a season that was supposed to be his breakout year. He has 18 and 8 with solid efficiency potential and hasn't gotten anywhere near that while being extremely inconsistent. Honestly Ty really hasn't made any strides this season to be considered top 10 especially when you consider the improvements so many of those around him have. As a true Lawson fan you'd admit to this and hope that he gets back on the track that he was projected to be on at the end of last season.

BudGrant
01-29-2013, 07:49 PM
I'm guessing BJ3 is number 11 on everyone's list?

Blitzbolt
01-29-2013, 08:23 PM
Guys is not the best scoring PG is the best overall PG what Mike Conley does on Defense and on offense(Helping ZBO Gasol and Gay)is very important.

But Nah fans want scoring and Flashy plays and don't look at the other important stuff.

tredigs
01-29-2013, 08:55 PM
Going off this season + what I expect going forward this year?

1: Paul
2: Parker (20/8/3 with Highest PER/WS/TS% of anyone not named Cp3. Smart as hell to boot).
3: Curry
4: Westbrook (Comparable impact overall to Steph right now due to such poor finishing, the tie going to Curry for me so far this season for embarrassing him heads up)
5: Irving
6: Conley
7: Holiday
8: D. Williams
9: Jennigns
10: Lillard

ThaDubs
01-29-2013, 09:32 PM
Flip Parker and Irving; Holiday and Jennings. That's my list.
Honorable mention to Vasquez who is playing way above expectations.

Kyrie is not better than Parker, and Jennings is DEFINITELY not as good as Holiday...

ThaDubs
01-29-2013, 09:35 PM
Guys is not the best scoring PG is the best overall PG what Mike Conley does on Defense and on offense(Helping ZBO Gasol and Gay)is very important.

But Nah fans want scoring and Flashy plays and don't look at the other important stuff.

Conley is not the best overall point guard... He's a mediocre scorer, okay passer, terrible rebounder, and average defender.

KnicksR4Real
01-29-2013, 09:40 PM
Deron Williams is much lower. His jumper has been putrid.

kdspurman
01-29-2013, 09:56 PM
Going off this season + what I expect going forward this year?

1: Paul
2: Parker (20/8/3 with Highest PER/WS/TS% of anyone not named Cp3. Smart as hell to boot).
3: Curry
4: Westbrook (Comparable impact overall to Steph right now due to such poor finishing, the tie going to Curry for me so far this season for embarrassing him heads up)
5: Irving
6: Conley
7: Holiday
8: D. Williams
9: Jennigns
10: Lillard

This looks like a solid list going off this year. Curry/WB can probably be switched depending on who you talk to, but with very similar stats, it's tough to choose either way. Head 2 head match-ups are a good tie breaker

xxplayerxx23
01-29-2013, 10:36 PM
Conley is not the best overall point guard... He's a mediocre scorer, okay passer, terrible rebounder, and average defender.

Very wrong. He is solid overall and a good defender

tredigs
01-29-2013, 10:43 PM

Averages 5.8 assists, 2.5 boards and 13 points on meh efficiency. I do think that overall he's a very solid PG and a good defender, but he leaves a lot to be desired when compared to the best of the best.

xxplayerxx23
01-29-2013, 11:00 PM
Averages 5.8 assists, 2.5 boards and 13 points on meh efficiency. I do think that overall he's a very solid PG and a good defender, but he leaves a lot to be desired when compared to the best of the best.

While I believe his assists should be wayyyyyy better but also looking at basic stats doesn't tell the whole story and having gay and zbo who are guys that need the ball in there hands hurts him. He is better then his stats show

tredigs
01-29-2013, 11:37 PM
While I believe his assists should be wayyyyyy better but also looking at basic stats doesn't tell the whole story and having gay and zbo who are guys that need the ball in there hands hurts him. He is better then his stats show

It's not as if most of his advanced stats have him better than the elite either. Again, he's good, and yeah I'd agree better than some of those stats show given his defense (solid, not elite), but he's not a top 3 point or anything.

Nabeshin
01-29-2013, 11:40 PM
Rondo is an assist beast and he is ranked ninth !? odd.

ThaDubs
01-29-2013, 11:46 PM

He averages 2.3 steals from his great anticipation of passing lanes, not his perimeter D.

tredigs
01-30-2013, 12:02 AM
He averages 2.3 steals from his great anticipation of passing lanes, not his perimeter D.
Can you prove that?

Swashcuff
01-30-2013, 12:10 AM

You do know that him playing the passing lanes is part of his perimeter D right? Maybe not his man D but its still his way of defending the perimeter against passing.

dolphan
01-30-2013, 12:47 AM
No Greivis Vasquez?? :O :O i would definitely put in top 7

Blitzbolt
01-30-2013, 11:04 AM
If you actually read the article its says conley is one of the best one on one Defensers in the NBA it even shows you stats.

rockbottom2010
01-30-2013, 11:19 AM
rondo at 9?....are you kidding me?...ahead of conley?

Ty_Lawson
01-30-2013, 11:42 AM
Are you really a fan of Ty? I seriously question that because for the first 30+ games of this season especially within the first 25 or so he's been nothing but underwhelming in a season that was supposed to be his breakout year. He has 18 and 8 with solid efficiency potential and hasn't gotten anywhere near that while being extremely inconsistent. Honestly Ty really hasn't made any strides this season to be considered top 10 especially when you consider the improvements so many of those around him have. As a true Lawson fan you'd admit to this and hope that he gets back on the track that he was projected to be on at the end of last season.

I'm DN fan,not "one-player-fan",and this will be his breakout year,he just had bad 2 months(with 23 games away) and even then he played better than most PG's(14ppg,7apg,3rpg,1.5spg),but if you look at last 10 games his numbers are 18ppg,7apg,3rpg,1.5spg on 50% 3pt shooting,so he is getting better every game,and on a team with 6-7 10+ppg players its really hard to breakout,and he is also playing only 33-34mpg...
Here are some "Per 48" stats for some PGs mentioned:
Ty Lawson 21ppg,10apg,4rpg,2spg
Mike Conley 19ppg,8apg,3.5rpg,3.3spg
Jeff Teague 20ppg,10apg,3.5rpg,2spg
George Hill 20ppg,7apg,6rpg,1spg

bostonrules37
01-30-2013, 12:55 PM
I honestly think Rondo is the most overrated player in the NBA over the past couple of years.
really why? he leads the league in tripple doubles by a huge margain and leads the league in assist this yr. we are talking overall point guards not just scoring point guards.

WAYNEBO
01-30-2013, 02:04 PM
Jrue should be higher. Leaving out Teague??

ThaDubs
01-30-2013, 02:14 PM
I'm DN fan,not "one-player-fan",and this will be his breakout year,he just had bad 2 months(with 23 games away) and even then he played better than most PG's(14ppg,7apg,3rpg,1.5spg),but if you look at last 10 games his numbers are 18ppg,7apg,3rpg,1.5spg on 50% 3pt shooting,so he is getting better every game,and on a team with 6-7 10+ppg players its really hard to breakout,and he is also playing only 33-34mpg...
Here are some "Per 48" stats for some PGs mentioned:
Ty Lawson 21ppg,10apg,4rpg,2spg
Mike Conley 19ppg,8apg,3.5rpg,3.3spg
Jeff Teague 20ppg,10apg,3.5rpg,2spg
George Hill 20ppg,7apg,6rpg,1spg

Wow. He's a lot better than those average-mediocre point guards.

Ty_Lawson
01-30-2013, 02:27 PM
Wow. He's a lot better than those average-mediocre point guards.
well....hill is in top 10 and some guys said teague should be there too ;) and also conley is in top 10..

chi-townlove1
01-30-2013, 02:37 PM
This is pretty bad... Rondo is having an MVP campaign, and it sucks that he got injured. I HATE him as a Bulls fan, but the man can ball and is the best point guard in the NBA.

TheIlladelph16
01-30-2013, 04:55 PM
This is pretty bad... Rondo is having an MVP campaign, and it sucks that he got injured. I HATE him as a Bulls fan, but the man can ball and is the best point guard in the NBA.

Nope to both the MVP campaign (unless your referring to specifically the Celtics MVP) and best PG in the NBA. But a Top 5-10 for sure.

ThaDubs
01-30-2013, 04:56 PM
well....hill is in top 10 and some guys said teague should be there too ;) and also conley is in top 10..

It's a **** list though...

ThaDubs
01-30-2013, 04:57 PM

Ever heard of CP3?