PDA

View Full Version : Should Boston trade Pierce and Garnett???

Ty Fast
01-28-2013, 03:22 PM
Do you think they should trade them while they still have good trade valule or do you think they should keep them and make another run at it next year when Rondo comes back?

DubbyDubbs
01-28-2013, 03:44 PM
trade. they gotta blow it up and start over. you wont your title with them but that time has past

Sactown
01-28-2013, 03:46 PM
Eh KG has a no trade clause I believe, and it's a risky move since you'll never get your value back in return, plus I doubt the fan base is going to be to excited about going from perennial contender, to high lottery.

king4day
01-28-2013, 03:59 PM
With Rondo out, I say yes. They have solid young pieces in Sullinger and Bradley. Melo could be a key rebuilding piece as well.
They can probably get something nice for KG since he can help a contender.
If they can land a Rudy Gay type of player for Pierce, then that'd be even more valuable for them too. They have a chance to rebuild quickly if they do this right.

Hellcrooner
01-28-2013, 03:59 PM
kg? maybe.

Pierce? **** no, show some ****ing loyalty.

Wes_Craven
01-28-2013, 04:06 PM
Pierce to the Clippers and Garnett to either Nets/Knicks.

I'm calling it now.

LA4life24/8
01-28-2013, 04:54 PM
cant trade pierce hes been a celtic his entire career, thatd be like LA trading kobe at this point, not gonna happen unless he asks for it and KG like someone said has a no trade clause i thought, so hed also have to sign off on it

Ty Fast
01-28-2013, 05:10 PM
pierce on clippers would be awesome for them

JasonJohnHorn
01-28-2013, 05:10 PM
No, they should bring in Iverson to replace Rondo and they will be all set.

RLundi
01-28-2013, 05:51 PM
Why do you need 3 question marks in the title?

BradytoGronkTD
01-28-2013, 05:57 PM
No way unless they ask for it. We wont get anything good for them anyway. Contenders are the only teams that want them most likely and they would offer end of the first round picks?

DaVille
01-28-2013, 06:11 PM
NO! First of all, Celtics won't receive anything of value in return. Mostly average players with terrible contracts. Secondly, Pierce and Garnett sell tickets.

Ebbs
01-28-2013, 06:29 PM
100% any young assets is better than getting a first round knock out

blahblahyoutoo
01-28-2013, 06:30 PM
Eh KG has a no trade clause I believe, and it's a risky move since you'll never get your value back in return, plus I doubt the fan base is going to be to excited about going from perennial contender, to high lottery.

they are not a contender this year, esp not without rondo.
might as well make a move now.

Quinnsanity
01-28-2013, 06:35 PM
KG to OKC for Perkins/PJ3/Toronto's pick

Who says no?

Sactown
01-28-2013, 06:41 PM
they are not a contender this year, esp not without rondo.
might as well make a move now.

You can't just dish out KG to a **** team for pieces, as he'll use his no trade clause.
Only trade that makes sense to me is

KG+Pierce to the Clippers

DJ, Bledsoe, Butler, Odom.

Odom is an expiring of 8 Mill, Butler will be an expiring next season, so Boston could flip it him for pieces. And 2 young players in DJ, and Bledsoe and they rid themselves of KG and Pierces 28 Mill for the next 3-4 seasons.

This is also only if the Clippers want to go all in with KG-Pierce.
Also I would assume Rondo would have to be dealt for pieces when he comes back.
Maybe they could flip Rondo for Eric Gordon since he wants out of New Orleans, and the Pelicans could get a very useful piece in Rondo to put next to Davis.

Eagles710
01-28-2013, 06:43 PM
KG and Pierce to miami so ray and Kg could become friends again lol

Eagles710
01-28-2013, 06:44 PM
Trade Injured Rondo And KG to LA Lakers , For DWIGHT HOWARD! BOOM!

WestCoastSportz
01-28-2013, 06:56 PM
Paul Pierce is still pretty effective even at 35 years old. There is a team out there that would be willing to give up something in order to grab him. After this season, he'll have one more at $15M so its not a huge financial risk for another team. Same goes for KG. They're not franchise players anymore but can really help a team that are already in the playoff hunt and are looking for some player to put them higher up in the standings. For the Celtics, they'll have to get some young talent back to rebuild with Rondo next season.

Trade 1 for Boston with Nuggets

Send Paul Pierce to Denver for Danilo Gallinari, Timofey Mosgov and Anthony Randolph. I think both teams would win on this deal. The Nuggets need a goto scorer to go along with Iguodala. I think Iguodala's season would turn around having Pierce on the team as well. For Boston, the get a nice young SF in Gallinari and a center in Mosgov. Randolph is more of a filler, but still has potential.

Denver Starters: Ty Lawson, Andre Iguodala, Paul Pierce, Kenneth Faried and Kosta Koufos

Trade 2

Send Kevin Garnett and Jared Sullinger to the Jazz for Enes Kanter, Derek Favors and Alec Burks. A bunch of players with potential that hasn't really done much in Utah thus far, yet they're still in the playoff hunt. KG is a guy that can come in and help the Jazz to be a 5th or 6th seed instead of an 8th seed.

Jazz starters: Jamal Tinsley, Randy Foye, Marvin Williams, Kevin Garnett and Al Jefferson.

This would be a major rebuild for the Celtics, filled with lottery picks over the last couple of years. If they get to their potential, this could be a great team in a couple of years.

Line up:

PG Rajon Rondo - Avery Bradley
SG Alec Burks - Jason Terry - Leandhro Barbosa
SF Danilo Gallinari - Jeff Green
PF Derek Favors - Brandon Bass - Anthony Randolph
C Enes Kanter - Timofey Mosgov - Fab Melo

Throw these guy on the floor for extended time to let them develop their game

BleedingGreen9
01-28-2013, 07:26 PM

Who says no?

Ive brought this trade up a few times in the past couple weeks and everyone hates on it. I think its great for both sides

Sactown
01-28-2013, 07:32 PM
Ive brought this trade up a few times in the past couple weeks and everyone hates on it. I think its great for both sides
It wouldn't work financially.

Would have to throw in Lamb as well

Corey
01-28-2013, 07:39 PM
With Rondo out, I say yes. They have solid young pieces in Sullinger and Bradley. Melo could be a key rebuilding piece as well.
They can probably get something nice for KG since he can help a contender.
If they can land a Rudy Gay type of player for Pierce, then that'd be even more valuable for them too. They have a chance to rebuild quickly if they do this right.
1) Melo is garbage. Rebuilding piece? Nope.

2) Rudy Gay is a chucker with an absurd contract. Good luck building around him.

3) Trading Pierce for Gay isn't ''rebuilding quickly''. It's ensuring mediocrity for the next half decade.

kg? maybe.

Pierce? **** no, show some ****ing loyalty.
Loyalty?

It's a business.

cant trade pierce hes been a celtic his entire career, thatd be like LA trading kobe at this point, not gonna happen unless he asks for it and KG like someone said has a no trade clause i thought, so hed also have to sign off on itOverstating loyalty in sports.

No, they should bring in Iverson to replace Rondo and they will be all set.Tee hee.

NO! First of all, Celtics won't receive anything of value in return. Mostly average players with terrible contracts. Secondly, Pierce and Garnett sell tickets.They'll sell tickets regardless. Especially if they get good return for Pierce and KG.

100% any young assets is better than getting a first round knock out
Accurate, and agreed.

Even better.

BleedingGreen9
01-28-2013, 07:45 PM

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bebyld4

Yea thats what i posted in the trade forum and OKC's page and no OCK fan like it at all.

PJIII and Lamb are young and have potential but there stuck behind young players and will probably be stuck there for a while if they stay

KG in there starting line up at center is an upgrade over perk on both ends of the floor

Sactown
01-28-2013, 07:46 PM
1) Melo is garbage. Rebuilding piece? Nope.

2) Rudy Gay is a chucker with an absurd contract. Good luck building around him.

3) Trading Pierce for Gay isn't ''rebuilding quickly''. It's ensuring mediocrity for the next half decade.

Loyalty?

It's a business.

Overstating loyalty in sports.

Tee hee.

They'll sell tickets regardless. Especially if they get good return for Pierce and KG.

Accurate, and agreed.

Even better.

Other than the OKC trade, I still think

Clips : Butler/Odom/Bledsoe/DJ
Clips Recieve: Pierce+KG

Boston : Rondo/Pierce/KG/ Courtney Lee
Boston receives: Eric Gordon/ Butler/Odom/Bledsoe/DJ

Hornets: Eric Gordon
Hornets receives: Rondo,Courtney Lee

Seems to make sense

Clippers go all in with KG and Pierce, become a sure fire contender with great experience and youth.

Boston blows up the roster and starts over with young pieces in
Bledsoe/EG/Green/Sulinger/DJ also get an expiring in Odom, and the next season another expiring in Butler which they can trade for more pieces.. seems like a quick way to start over with nice talent

Hornets trade away a disgruntled Gordon and receive a star studded PG to place next to Anthony Davis.

BleedingGreen9
01-28-2013, 07:49 PM
I like your way of thinking Mr. Sactown

Sportfan
01-28-2013, 07:52 PM

Who says no?

not me.

Sactown
01-28-2013, 08:09 PM
I like your way of thinking Mr. Sactown

Seems to make sense for all parties, although the Rondo for EG thing might be complicated because of a torn ACL now, but I've thought this was a good move since like week 3 lol.

old blue
01-28-2013, 08:28 PM
Why not they are not going anywhere this year. must make some changes anyway.

Everymanalion
01-29-2013, 06:49 AM
Should, yes. Will they? No, I believe if KG is traded, he retires but then again I thought the same about Ray Allen and now look ha.

THE MTL
01-29-2013, 09:06 AM
Hell no, they should NEVER trade Paul Pierce. He's been with them his entire career and he should retire a Celtic. It is only right. Gotta show loyalty.

SINCESTARBURY25
01-29-2013, 02:51 PM
Dont trade Pierce unless its to the Clips hes born a celtic die a celtic. But they should move Kg and some other guys.