PDA

View Full Version : Bogut to play tonight

asandhu23
01-28-2013, 02:04 PM
Via Twitter. marcus thompson and matt steinmetz.

Over Da Pence
01-28-2013, 02:10 PM
dam u beat me to it. thanks though dr bogut

Over Da Pence
01-28-2013, 02:12 PM
this seems odd to me though. I thought he needed a week of practice. Seems like he just wants to test it. But what good is that if he plays 1 game, but then sits out 3? Thought he was supposed to be back at 100 percent after the all star break.

Leandres_sf
01-28-2013, 02:18 PM
I hope he's ready. I don't want him playing tonight, then missing another 4 weeks.

Over Da Pence
01-28-2013, 02:19 PM
I hope he's ready. I don't want him playing tonight, then missing another 4 weeks.

it could be just a ploy though

Lloyd Christmas
01-28-2013, 03:50 PM
I really don't want to get my hopes up but...

:dance:

SugeKnight
01-28-2013, 04:14 PM
Yes!

COOLbeans
01-28-2013, 04:56 PM
Stylez?

MackShock
01-28-2013, 04:58 PM
Look for him to play 10 minutes off the bench tonight and for the next week or 2.

RaiderBeast
01-28-2013, 05:20 PM
It would be great to have him back in a limited role as long as there is no chance of reinjury. Hopefully he isn't rushing back again. We will really need him in the playoffs.

GiantsNinersW's
01-28-2013, 05:39 PM
Hopefully he can get to 30 min/game at some point this season. We'll need that out of him for the playoffs

MrBistre
01-28-2013, 06:05 PM
I guess he must have read some of Stylez posts and said to himself "Drats! He's on to me! Now I have no other choice but to play."

likemystylez
01-28-2013, 06:09 PM

ur right, lets just rest him for another 5 yrs

lincecum=future
01-28-2013, 06:10 PM
Didn't see this coming

likemystylez
01-28-2013, 06:11 PM
I guess he must have read some of Stylez posts and said to himself "Drats! He's on to me! Now I have no other choice but to play."

I thought last week he was saying he wanted to get atleast 1-2 weeks of full practice before playing.. and an interview with him on saturday said he was atleast a month away

Over Da Pence
01-28-2013, 06:13 PM
if he doesn't play tonight, stylez has the right to think he's milking it

lol, please
01-28-2013, 06:32 PM
Dubs at full strength! Dubs powering up like Super Saiyan 4. Time to show the NBA what we can do!!!!

Go Dubs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:faint:

Over Da Pence
01-28-2013, 06:35 PM
I know that we are all nervous whenever Bogut is involved in physical plays, especially when he is on the floor.

Also, I hope this isn't like when Webber came back to the warriors and couldn't find his way with the team. That cat got hurt too.

asandhu23
01-28-2013, 06:37 PM
I know that we are all nervous whenever Bogut is involved in physical plays, especially when he is on the floor.

Also, I hope this isn't like when Webber came back to the warriors and couldn't find his way with the team. That cat got hurt too.

That was a Webber at the end of his career.

hotcurry
01-28-2013, 06:55 PM
This is great news!! I've been thinking the sooner the better for Bogut to get back out there, especially since it feels like his issue recently been about being in game shape not if his ankle is healed. So the reinjury chance is just as likely now or if he waited another 2 months. What better way to test your game shape then getting some minutes. We have been really hurting lately on the boards and post D, and once Bogut starts getting regular minutes we will be able to win the Spurs, Grizzlies type match-ups.

Honestly, I don't know how much more of Ezeli dropping every pass and Biedrins the offense ghost I can handle, seeing Bogut out there tonight will be a breath of fresh air ahhhh

BOGUTS BACKKK....ALLRIGHT!!!!!:clap::D

GSWJunkie
01-28-2013, 07:33 PM
Dubs at full strength! Dubs powering up like Super Saiyan 4. Time to show the NBA what we can do!!!!

Go Dubs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:faint:

WELLLL.... A definite increase in strength but not full strength. We won't be there until BRush gets back. But this is great news though as we are getting killed on the glass recently. We need the boost..... BIG TIME!

MackShock
01-28-2013, 07:35 PM
dont look for bogut to be a difference maker just yet. i guaranteed you he will grimace more than mcdonalds.

Over Da Pence
01-28-2013, 07:37 PM
Bogut is back!!

MackShock
01-28-2013, 07:43 PM
Bogut is back!!

we signed jack parkman !!

Raider0510
01-28-2013, 09:29 PM
What do you guys think of bogut so far?

NorCalDC Fan15
01-28-2013, 10:22 PM
I thought he looked really good. Played most of the game and you could see he did have an impact. Forcing raptors to think twice about going inside and also forcing double team in the post then kicking it outside to the shooters. Knows when to cut to the basket and he can actually catch a pass. I thought he looked good and had a noticable impact even though he probly still isn't in the best condition yet. Once he gets back into game shape with no setbacks this could be huge for us

MackShock
01-28-2013, 10:36 PM
4 blocks was icing on the cake IMO.

THE WARRIORS ARE BACK !!!!

likemystylez
01-28-2013, 11:01 PM
4 blocks was icing on the cake IMO.

THE WARRIORS ARE BACK !!!!

team glass ankles!!! reunited

but seriously, I thought bogut had atleast 1 or 2 more blocks that he didnt get. its safe to say that hes gonna change atleast 7 or 8 shots a game no matter how many blocks they give him.

Also something that the wing players need to adjust too... they dont need to leave 3 point shooters to help out in the paint... let bogut protect the rim by himself... id rather have them try to finish over bogut down low than have wide open 3s outside.

if they manage to finish over bogut.... its 2 points. I think finishing over bogut is tougher than hitting a wide open 3.... and thats 3 points.

MackShock
01-28-2013, 11:10 PM
truth

Lloyd Christmas
01-28-2013, 11:14 PM
Bogut is the man. Those touch passes between him and Lee are filthy.

Over Da Pence
01-28-2013, 11:35 PM
People should actually not criticize Bogut for his condition because he is actually in much BETTER condition right now than when the season started. He is trimmer and in better aerobic shape. He has fortified himself and his ankle and I believe he has been spending an abundant amount of time with the Ultra G Treadmill as well as the bike, elliptical, bike, swimming pool, and weight room. He has also worked on flexibility. Now the key is to just stay healthy and the bball conditioning will come. Put it this way... He is in much better shape than webber was when he came to the warriors. And he is in good shape for someone that has came back for the first time. Bogut has been taken his condition very seriously and taking advantage of what he can do.

Leandres_sf
01-29-2013, 01:02 PM
Bogut looked good last night, I hope he keeps it up.

MackShock
01-29-2013, 02:41 PM
yuppp

lol, please
01-29-2013, 02:45 PM
If Bogut plays today on the back end of a back to back I will get excited. Hopefully Curry plays too, but even losing Curry for a few games doesn't take away the excitement of seeing Bogut back.

likemystylez
01-29-2013, 03:24 PM
Bogut is the man. Those touch passes between him and Lee are filthy.

I thought the passes were pretty clean actually..... the block late in the game on amir johnson was kinda nasty though.

lol, please
01-29-2013, 03:29 PM
^ lol. The way Bogut milked his ankle was filthy. Or should I say clean. :cool:

likemystylez
01-29-2013, 03:29 PM
btw- I think barnes might have some competition for dunk of the year nominations on the warriors website. As bogut continues to get healthy and gets use to playing with the rest of the team.... id expect him to have some sick putbacks and run over a couple people on pick and roll plays. he had 4 or 5 dunks last night in less than 24 minutes.... and he wasnt attacking the offensive boards like he can.

sfattahian
01-29-2013, 04:34 PM
Ezeli has had some nasty dunks too, but that's about it. Bogut looked great, such a difference maker on both ends. I'm worried he's rushing back though. It takes longer than 2 months to heal and stabalize a joint after microfracture surgery... more like 6 months bare minimum and usually 9-12 months. Hoping he holds up... and Curry for that matter.

Over Da Pence
01-29-2013, 04:41 PM
It's very important that they sign Jarret Jack for the long run. Hey, let's not kid ourselves. Curry is not going to be healthy all the time. That's just the way it is. That is the reason why we got Jarret Jack, to provide insurance for Curry. And once we get Brandon Rush back, that is going to be good too. It's also a good thing we kept Biedrins and signed Ezeli, that provided us just enough insurance to win games without Bogut. Smart.

lol, please
01-29-2013, 05:09 PM
I saw Barnes grab his knee after that dunk and I thought to myself, is he going to milk his knee now that Bogut is back?

winwarriorslose
01-29-2013, 05:41 PM
I saw Barnes grab his knee after that dunk and I thought to myself, is he going to milk his knee now that Bogut is back?

He grabbed his shin

winwarriorslose
01-29-2013, 05:42 PM
People should actually not criticize Bogut for his condition because he is actually in much BETTER condition right now than when the season started. He is trimmer and in better aerobic shape. He has fortified himself and his ankle and I believe he has been spending an abundant amount of time with the Ultra G Treadmill as well as the bike, elliptical, bike, swimming pool, and weight room. He has also worked on flexibility. Now the key is to just stay healthy and the bball conditioning will come. Put it this way... He is in much better shape than webber was when he came to the warriors. And he is in good shape for someone that has came back for the first time. Bogut has been taken his condition very seriously and taking advantage of what he can do.

You said bike twice.. the more and more I read your posts the more and more I think you've been in a special class once upon a time...

lol, please
01-29-2013, 06:06 PM
^ :laugh:

COOLbeans
01-29-2013, 06:06 PM
lol

Lloyd Christmas
01-29-2013, 06:44 PM
Got heeeeeeeeeeeem

Leandres_sf
01-29-2013, 06:47 PM
With Barnes, Curry and potentially Landry all out, Bogut should be playing...

SugeKnight
01-29-2013, 07:26 PM
With Barnes, Curry and potentially Landry all out, Bogut should be playing...

Nah, not worth the risk of swelling