PDA

View Full Version : Expectations from The Return

Il Mago50
01-28-2013, 02:38 AM
As we all have taken notice of recently, the Bulls are still a damn good team even without Derrick Rose out. That said, we also all know that Rose will most likely be suiting up for the team sometime in late February.

The real question is what can we really expect from D-Rose this season?

Could he possibly return with a vengeance like Adrian Peterson did and possibly play nearly as well as he did beforehand, something that was nearly unprecedented when it happened this year.

Will he be a shell of himself for a while like basically most players are when they first return?

Where do you see the Bulls season going once he returns based on what you think Rose will be the rest of this season once he returns?

Personally, I think Rose has the same type of work ethic that AD has and is an equally gifted physical specimen. That being said, I don't think we see the same Rose unfortunately and if healthy as a team, they fall short in the East Finals.

What do you guys expect?

fin_frenzy_84
01-28-2013, 02:47 AM
When he gets back he will be getting limited minutes for quite some time but as for his playing style I think he will be shooting more and less driving (Mental thing) I am not saying he will do this for the rest of his career but until he gets his confidence back!

CubsBullsBucs
01-28-2013, 03:00 AM
Bulls are already 3rd in the East. He'll come back, inspire the team, the city and maybe he'll only be 80%-90% himself, but i think he'll lead the Bulls to the Eastern Conference Finals. I cant say anything beyond that because we have half a season still to play and other factors including injuries can happen.

SeoulBeatz
01-28-2013, 03:13 AM
You mean Bynum's return??? :)

Vee-Rex
01-28-2013, 03:32 AM
If he returns late February... I'd use the whole month of March to take it easy on him. Limited minutes and tell him to not force anything during the game. In April (right before playoffs), I'd ease him into more and more minutes until he gets back to his former self, or close to it.

Then he'd be ready for the playoffs. Then the Bulls become an instant title contender. :)

Cubby
01-28-2013, 01:57 PM
He'll come back fine. Not immediately due to an ease into full minutes, but by the playoffs I think he will be at least close to his old self.

Difference is our guys already know how to step up in his absence, so it only gives us more weapons to play with when he's actually there. Boozer and Noah are finally playing well together, we have crazy guard depth, and still have the best defense in the NBA. Things are looking up.

Chill_Will_24
01-28-2013, 02:01 PM

You mean the guy that has a payday coming up this summer and does not wanna lose it because of injury? That guy?

Bynum is gonna come back and show that he still has skills so that he will still get his max deal this summer. Wonder if the Sixers give it.

Chill_Will_24
01-28-2013, 02:03 PM
As far as Rose i do not expect similar results to AP. Petterson was a rare case. Hopefully he does come back like AP because the Bulls are the only legitimate threat to the Heat

Doogolas
01-28-2013, 06:58 PM
As far as Rose i do not expect similar results to AP. Petterson was a rare case. Hopefully he does come back like AP because the Bulls are the only legitimate threat to the Heat

Peterson was SO rare that another RB came back the same year and had an amazing season. So rare.

If a guy has the drive to do it, coming back from tearing an ACL just isn't that big a deal to come back from anymore.

Sactown
01-28-2013, 07:10 PM

Lol the only way Rose could come back as well as Peterson had is to come back average 40/10/5 on a TS% of .60 or better and win MVP lol.

D_Rose1118
01-28-2013, 07:16 PM
Lol the only way Rose could come back as well as Peterson had is to come back average 40/10/5 on a TS% of .60 or better and win MVP lol.

watch rose actually end up doing that and players start tearing their ACL's on purpose cause they see Rose and peterson coming back even better hahaha

Sactown
01-28-2013, 07:17 PM
watch rose actually end up doing that and players start tearing their ACL's on purpose cause they see Rose and peterson coming back even better hahaha

Then Rondo comes back next year and averages 20/15/10 lol....

D_Rose1118
01-28-2013, 07:18 PM
Then Rondo comes back next year and averages 20/15/10 lol....

haha exactly

hopefully all of it happens, minus people tearing their acl's on purpose

Sactown
01-28-2013, 07:20 PM
haha exactly

hopefully all of it happens, minus people tearing their acl's on purpose

talk about a costly sports epidemic... it would take tanking to new heights.... you'd improve your own players and get a top 5 pick :laugh2:

To be honest.

Best case scenario, D-Rose comes back and plays limited minutes until he's got his game back and he's between 90-100% come playoff time, and they are a serious contender.

Worst case scenario, D-Rose comes back early, is rushed and gets re-injured misses the playoffs and has to recondition

Realistic scenario, D-Rose comes back, plays limited minutes until playoffs and is between 70-80%.

Just my predictions, obviously I hope it's more towards best case scenario to make the playoffs more exciting.. Would be heart breaking to see worst case scenario.

OceanSpray
01-28-2013, 07:33 PM
You can never recover from a torn ACL injury and expect to play 100%, ever.

tapajafri
01-28-2013, 07:35 PM

Yeah, that guy. The same guy that isn't as good as dwight howard or demarcus cousins.

Too bad though. No doubt he's talented. He couldve been so good if it weren't for his bum knees. I feel bad for him. Without the injuries, Bynum arguably would've been the most talented and best center of all time that didn't care about the team or winning games.

OceanSpray
01-28-2013, 07:38 PM
Yeah, that guy. The same guy that isn't as good as dwight howard or demarcus cousins.

Too bad though. No doubt he's talented. He couldve been so good if it weren't for his bum knees. I feel bad for him. Without the injuries, Bynum arguably would've been the most talented and best center of all time that didn't care about the team or winning games.

And now Dwight Howard will be the most talented and best center of all time to never win a ring.

Sactown
01-28-2013, 08:11 PM
You can never recover from a torn ACL injury and expect to play 100%, ever.
Tell that to MR Peterson..