PDA

View Full Version : With Rondo hurt should Celtics make a move for Lowry or Calderon?

spreadeagle
01-28-2013, 01:02 AM
With Jose on the last year of his deal, and Lowry with only one more on his at a low salary, and the Celtics waiting on Rondo and needing a short term PG fix, seems like perfect trading partners at the moment. the Raptors are almost guaranteed to move one of their Pg's before the deadline.

Conversely, could the Celtics find a way to shed a couple of spare parts for a viable point guard to replace Rondo and stitch their core group back together for one more run? The Raptors are almost certain to trade either Jose Calderon ($10.6 million expiring contract) or Kyle Lowry (only $1 million guaranteed next season). Either one would give Boston a chance to ride it out with their current group and deal with the tough decisions around the draft or in July.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ken-berger/21619762/rondo-injury-could-hasten-breakup-of-the-celtics

Cal827
01-28-2013, 01:07 AM
Lowry would fit better in their concept of team defense. Calderon gives them a PG who can shoot the ball and can be a floor general almost as good as Rondo, but is a defensive burden. Lowry is a much better defender (well as the past years suggested).

Knowing that Boston would likely have to unload a big contract in order to make the salaries meet, they might have to offer more in order to get Calderon's Expiring (or take on Barg's contract in return too lol)... Raptors would likely be interested in a SF (Green) and younger players (Bradley, Melo, Sullinger)... not saying that they are going to get them, just mentioning their interests.

Corey
01-28-2013, 01:09 AM
Lowry is my dude.

Chronz
01-28-2013, 01:14 AM
If they get Lowry, I bet you they play better than they ever did with Rondo.

Raps08-09 Champ
01-28-2013, 01:16 AM
I'd need Bradley back if Lowry is gone. Hell I'd take Rondo but I doubt they do that. And Rondo wouldn't want to be here.

JNoel
01-28-2013, 01:19 AM
Pierce and Garnett for Lowry and Bargs.

GiantsSwaGG
01-28-2013, 01:20 AM
Why when they can sign Derek Fisher who's a cheaper and experience PG

GiantsSwaGG
01-28-2013, 01:21 AM
Pierce and Garnett for Lowry and Bargs.

So the celtics would get even more softer

JNoel
01-28-2013, 01:25 AM
So the celtics would get even more softer

Lullz this is about rebuilding for them. They could start off by something like that, and progressively get better when Rondo returns.

Hellcrooner
01-28-2013, 01:26 AM

Bet taken.

Rondo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Lowry in everything except Chuking the ball to up his own stats= not a good thing for a TEAM.

spreadeagle
01-28-2013, 01:31 AM
Jeff Green for Calderon straight up would be good in my books

BHF
01-28-2013, 01:33 AM
Bet taken.

Rondo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Lowry in everything except Chuking the ball to up his own stats= not a good thing for a TEAM.

here we go with the hating this guy hates every player taking minutes away from his bad Spanish players :facepalm: lol Lowry chucking what a joke of a statement but not a surprise coming form this guy.

Hellcrooner
01-28-2013, 01:42 AM
here we go with the hating this guy hates every player taking minutes away from his bad Spanish players :facepalm: lol Lowry chucking what a joke of a statement but not a surprise coming form this guy.

taking mintues from who?

last time i checked Lowry was joses BACK UP.

BACK UP

BACK UP

:D

and comparing either of them to Rondo is a " boutade"

shep33
01-28-2013, 01:59 AM
Because the Raps are in the same division, the price is going to be high for either one of those guys.

Don't think Toronto would want Lee or Terry. They definitely don't need Bass because they've got Davis, Bargs, Amir, etc. Jeff Green?

That's a bold move though. Green is suppose to be a big part of the future in Boston. Also, do the Raps want Green's contract? They've already overpaid a few guys on their team.

John Walls Era
01-28-2013, 01:59 AM
I'd need Bradley back if Lowry is gone. Hell I'd take Rondo but I doubt they do that. And Rondo wouldn't want to be here.

O i didn't know we were talking about the Lakers and Celtics, thought this was with the RAPTORS. A team you aren't even a fan of.

Celtics33
01-28-2013, 02:16 AM
I was thinking the same thing in regards to making a move for Kyle Lowry, but I still think the need of a Center out ways the need for a point guard right now.

shep33
01-28-2013, 02:29 AM
I was thinking the same thing in regards to making a move for Kyle Lowry, but I still think the need of a Center out ways the need for a point guard right now.

I agree with this. Lee, Bradley, Barbosa, etc. can bring the ball up. Pierce and KG are great passers in the half court, so they can get by at the pg spot. Obviously nowhere near as good without Rondo, but Boston lacks two things imo.

1) Rebounding
2) Low post scoring

I believe Boston is 29th in rebounding. That's a huge issue, and has been since Perk has left. If they can swing a deal for a center, they'll be extremely dangerous.

Problem is who's available?

Gasol or maybe Pekovic?

Guppyfighter
01-28-2013, 02:39 AM
Would the Raptors trade to a division rival?

Chronz
01-28-2013, 02:39 AM
Bet taken.

By that same logic I could simply say that Rondo pads his own stats by hogging the ball.

I knew you would respond to that post but are you suggesting the Celtics are a team that has won with great offense?

I think they would love to have a scorer who can defend. Hes not as good as Rondo but you know as well as anyone its not always about talent.

shep33
01-28-2013, 02:42 AM
Would the Raptors trade to a division rival?

Yeah, I doubt they do, but if they do, they'd have a high asking price. Lowry and Calderon have a lot of value.

I would say that a guy like Lowry could even net them Milsap (although it'd be useless given that they have 10 pfs).

Just thinking about what Boston can offer, and really there is nothing I see there outside of Green.

Honestly, just go and sign Delonte West. Save your chips for something else

Chronz
01-28-2013, 02:48 AM
Because the Raps are in the same division, the price is going to be high for either one of those guys.

Don't think Toronto would want Lee or Terry. They definitely don't need Bass because they've got Davis, Bargs, Amir, etc. Jeff Green?

That's a bold move though. Green is suppose to be a big part of the future in Boston. Also, do the Raps want Green's contract? They've already overpaid a few guys on their team.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bdre9s5

Who says no?

smith&wesson
01-28-2013, 02:49 AM
Calderon + Lowry + Barg's

For

Rondo + Garnet

Super.
01-28-2013, 03:09 AM
Calderon + Lowry + Barg's

For

Rondo + Garnet

That's ****ing awful

gwrighter
01-28-2013, 03:27 AM

Who says no?

T.O. would say no to adding 13 mil of salary between Green & Lee for 4 years. Raps already have a glut of mediocre wings. They'd be looking to consolidate talent instead of adding more role players IMO. I don't see a deal materializing between these two teams without a 3rd team facilitating.

shep33
01-28-2013, 03:28 AM

Who says no?

Not bad Chronz. I think that's a bit too much to give up if your the Celts. They lose a lot of guard depth, and Pierce won't have a backup... haha Fields is pretty god awful and has a bad contract too.

Bit too much for Boston, but it seems like Green has to be the main piece going to Toronto.

Maybe they should think smaller. Someone like Barea or Ridnour for Lee + fillers?

FriedTofuz
01-28-2013, 03:33 AM
lowry isnt getting traded for green and sullinger, we dont need them, thanks. We're not helping out a division partner make the playoffs. raptors did not trade their first overall pick for a Bunch of potential players, they traded it for a PG of the future. good day celtics. good day

FriedTofuz
01-28-2013, 03:34 AM
too much to GIVE UP? everything offered there was trash. No thanks.

shep33
01-28-2013, 03:36 AM
Who says no to this? http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=cws7mjb

Minny needs a 2 guard.

sunsfan88
01-28-2013, 03:42 AM
I think they should go for someone like Jarrett Jack.

mynameismo
01-28-2013, 03:44 AM
We don't need a pure PG. We got players who can bring down the ball.
What we needed and STILL need is another Big man. Rebounding. Interior Defense.

shep33
01-28-2013, 03:45 AM
I think they should go for someone like Jarrett Jack.

Can't see GSstate giving up Jack. He's playing unreal right now, plus if Steph goes down with another ankle issue they'd be screwed without Jack

shep33
01-28-2013, 03:47 AM
Problem is there aren't many bigs out there, and their cost is extremely high.

arealballer
01-28-2013, 03:54 AM
I thought the C's had a very solid offseason, with the acquisition of Terry along with some nice prospects acquired through the draft. I haven't seen them play very often, but it's unclear to me why they've struggled as much as they have. Rondo has been brilliant in the few games I've seen him play, garnett is still a productive big, and pierce still has a knack for hitting big shots late.

This team has gotten a lot more mileage out of it's big three than I thought possible. It was clear this season was the last run for their two HOF'ers. I don't see a clear rebuilding path for this team, aside from cashing out on pierce and garnett.

Hellcrooner
01-28-2013, 04:02 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=an5pusz

Jsut tweaking the rumored Mem-bos-l.a trade from some days ago.
Lakers would need to receive someones First rounder tough, to make it worht it for them.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-28-2013, 09:25 AM
Grizzlies interested in Pierce for a playoff push now and for salary cap reasons next season.

nycericanguy
01-28-2013, 10:09 AM
Lowry & Fields for Green & Bradley makes sense.

TOR unloads Field's contract, they get a big upgrade at SF for only a bit more than they are paying Fields. And they get Bradley.

BOS gets Lowry of course and Fields would actually give them another nice piece.

bagwell368
01-28-2013, 10:27 AM
I agree with this. Lee, Bradley, Barbosa, etc. can bring the ball up. Pierce and KG are great passers in the half court, so they can get by at the pg spot. Obviously nowhere near as good without Rondo, but Boston lacks two things imo.

1) Rebounding
2) Low post scoring

I believe Boston is 29th in rebounding. That's a huge issue, and has been since Perk has left. If they can swing a deal for a center, they'll be extremely dangerous.

Problem is who's available?

Gasol or maybe Pekovic?

Miami is worse at rebounding than the Celts. The rebounding issue (offensive glass ignored specially is by design for them to get back on D - which is good, so pick your posion).

Why do the Celts want old retread point guards?

Much more interested in dealing Pierce, Terry, and Bass in 3 ways, and getting back a Bledsoe (so Rondo can be dealt next year), and a big looking for a max extension such as Jefferson.

Getting into the 8th, 7th, or 6th seed this year is a ticket for a one and done. My idea puts them in the lottery - although no very high up this year.

The PP/KG team is done, and it's been done since they lost the Finals to the Lakers. Please don't bring up last year with Rose and Bosh being the primary reason they got to game 7 of the ECF last year. A very meh Philly team took them to 7 for goodness sakes.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-28-2013, 10:31 AM
Dooling wants a come back.

rockbottom2010
01-28-2013, 10:32 AM
most likely calderon and anderson for a 1st rounder...but who knows...i could be wrong

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-28-2013, 10:38 AM
KG has a no trade clause unless he waives it to go to contender.

THE MTL
01-28-2013, 10:42 AM
Lowry would be great on the Celtics, but I think its time to face the music and build for the future. Lowry is nothing more than a short term answer. Even with healthy Rondo, the Celtics werent doing anything special.

pebloemer
01-28-2013, 10:51 AM
Lee, Sullinger, Green for Bargnani, Lowry, Anderson

2-ONE-5
01-28-2013, 10:55 AM

they won a championship with Rondo...

TO to the CHI
01-28-2013, 11:03 AM
Miami is worse at rebounding than the Celts. The rebounding issue (offensive glass ignored specially is by design for them to get back on D - which is good, so pick your posion).

Much more interested in dealing Pierce, Terry, and Bass in 3 ways, and getting back a Bledsoe (so Rondo can be dealt next year), and a big looking for a max extension such as Jefferson.

Getting into the 8th, 7th, or 6th seed this year is a ticket for a one and done. My idea puts them in the lottery - although no very high up this year.

The PP/KG team is done, and it's been done since they lost the Finals to the Lakers. Please don't bring up last year with Rose and Bosh being the primary reason they got to game 7 of the ECF last year. A very meh Philly team took them to 7 for goodness sakes.

I really think this analysis is spot on. Even if the Celtics get Lowry or Calderon they aren't going anywhere this year, so Bagwell is right. It makes sense to get a couple of picks and give Pierce et al a chance to win another title while setting up the Celtics to be great again in a couple of years. Very well-reasoned analysis from a Celts fan right there.

rockbottom2010
01-28-2013, 11:06 AM
they will get a first rounder back....unless its a fair trade...colangelo is a smart guy

bagwell368
01-28-2013, 11:19 AM
Dooling wants a come back.

He's not in game shape, should be ready by mid March to... sit on the bench.

bagwell368
01-28-2013, 11:21 AM
I really think this analysis is spot on. Even if the Celtics get Lowry or Calderon they aren't going anywhere this year, so Bagwell is right. It makes sense to get a couple of picks and give Pierce et al a chance to win another title while setting up the Celtics to be great again in a couple of years. Very well-reasoned analysis from a Celts fan right there.

Thanks - on the Celtic board I'm branded a Rondo hater.

bagwell368
01-28-2013, 11:22 AM
Problem is there aren't many bigs out there, and their cost is extremely high.

Unless the player is in the last year of his deal and the teams knows it can't resign him (or doesn't want to).

John Walls Era
01-28-2013, 11:37 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/trademachine?tradeid=an5pusz

jsut tweaking the rumored mem-bos-l.a trade from some days ago.
Lakers would need to receive someones first rounder tough, to make it worht it for them.

lolololol

Jamiecballer
01-28-2013, 11:38 AM
Lee, Sullinger, Green for Bargnani, Lowry, Anderson

that would be a great trade for the Raptors. sign me up.

Chronz
01-28-2013, 12:19 PM
Who says no to this? http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=cws7mjb

Minny needs a 2 guard.
Thats a sensible trade for sure.

Prolly the best bet for actually happening.

T.O. would say no to adding 13 mil of salary between Green & Lee for 4 years. Raps already have a glut of mediocre wings. They'd be looking to consolidate talent instead of adding more role players IMO. I don't see a deal materializing between these two teams without a 3rd team facilitating.

True, those extra years are hard to swallow. Tried to find one involving Bargs and any other albatross contract they have but Celtics dont have any expirings. They are in a tough position. Cant rebuild with so many bad contracts and they cant compete either. They have to go all in or unload some stars so that they can get rid of bad contracts.

Chronz
01-28-2013, 12:29 PM

You wouldn't push the trigger on this would you?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=awhkvsy

kenzo400
01-28-2013, 12:30 PM
Boston has nothing to offer. I wouldn't want Green, Sullinger or Bradley. These are all just role players and not very versatile ones either. The only way any trade for Lowry would make sense is if they offered Rondo lol

nycericanguy
01-28-2013, 12:33 PM
Boston has nothing to offer. I wouldn't want Green, Sullinger or Bradley. These are all just role players and not very versatile ones either. The only way any trade for Lowry would make sense is if they offered Rondo lol

I don't think TOR can get anymore than a role player for Lowry.

But Green & Bradley not versatile? How so? Green can play the 3 or 4, Bradley can play the 1 or 2.

Jays Claw
01-28-2013, 12:34 PM
The only player the Raps may be interested in is Jeff Green - but then again, the terms of his contract will be an issue.

kenzo400
01-28-2013, 12:36 PM
I don't think TOR can get anymore than a role player for Lowry.

But Green & Bradley not versatile? How so? Green can play the 3 or 4, Bradley can play the 1 or 2.

You're right with Green versatile was not the right word to use. I guess I would say he is kind of pointless for the Raptors. We allready have too many PF's so his ability to play the 4 is kind of wasted. He's also not a great pure shooter, more like a better Landry Fields type player. We allready have at least one guy like that. Plus, he is making 10 million a year and has heart issues. I see no real positives here.

Sullinger can play the 4. I guess he has potential but i'm just not particularly that high on him.

Also, it really depends on the team in question. I do believe that they could potentially get a high draft pick for Lowry. Who knows, they haven't really explored the trade market yet.

BHF
01-28-2013, 12:44 PM
Boston would eat Calderon alive within a month if he gets traded there, he plays 0 defense and dribbles the air out of the ball holding it way way way to long looking for an open man where Boston is all about ball movement, only reason Calderon is doing ok right now is because he has the green light from BC and cant do no wrong they treat him like a superstar.

Hellcrooner
01-28-2013, 12:52 PM
Boston would eat Calderon alive within a month if he gets traded there, he plays 0 defense and dribbles the air out of the ball holding it way way way to long looking for an open man where Boston is all about ball movement, only reason Calderon is doing ok right now is because he has the green light from BC and cant do no wrong they treat him like a superstar.

just :facepalm:

kenzo400
01-28-2013, 12:54 PM

Good point, and not only that, I think people forget just how much of Calderons assists come from fast breaks and quick transition baskets. In Boston this wouldn't be happening too much, considering their main players are 50 years old. I think his true weaknesses would show much more in a very slow system like Bostons.

BHF
01-28-2013, 01:02 PM
just :facepalm:

Calderon fan mad but its true watch if he joins any playoff team he will be exposed when he doesn't have the green light like he does in Toronto

gwrighter
01-28-2013, 01:04 PM
True, those extra years are hard to swallow. Tried to find one involving Bargs and any other albatross contract they have but Celtics dont have any expirings. They are in a tough position. Cant rebuild with so many bad contracts and they cant compete either. They have to go all in or unload some stars so that they can get rid of bad contracts.

Between these two teams I don't really see any trade coming to pass. Raps have made it pretty clear that they are looking for a talented player as we have seen them being linked to Rudy Gay & Gasol rumors. The player of interest for the Raps would probably be Pierce but we all know that there is no chance of Pierce being traded to an in division Rival.

Not a great trade but: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bj4z49a

For the Lazy:

Boston:

Bledsoe + future second rounder from clippers

Toronto:

Sullinger + Hollins + Hill + 1st rounder(from Boston) top 10 protected

Clippers:

Lowry + second rounder (from Toronto)

Toronto get's good value back from trading away Lowry, Clippers get an upgrade at the PG position and a second rounder for facilitating the trade and Boston gets an up and coming PG in Bledsoe.

Hellcrooner
01-28-2013, 01:07 PM
Calderon fan mad but its true watch if he joins any playoff team he will be exposed when he doesn't have the green light like he does in Toronto

the ONLY troubles he would ahve in toronto would be about his Defense, in a defensive minded team.
Thats it.

bagwell368
01-28-2013, 01:07 PM
You wouldn't push the trigger on this would you?

I was naming names, but yes I'd like Jefferson here with a signed extension, KG might rub on off on him some.

I like Bledsoe too.

Bass is a back-up PF, not a starter, even after all this time in Boston he has barely figured out the defensive rotations. Good 8th man, that's it.

Terry is declining and will never be worth the money.

Pierce? I have no interest in keeping him in Boston if we can profit for him being dealt. Pierce has been paid $152M+ by the Celtics, for one title, that retire in Boston thing is for the soft hearted.... I want to win. PP is already a HOF'er and his number will hang in the rafters - good enough.

TheNumber37
01-28-2013, 01:18 PM
Any Point guard they get has to stay for more than a year and be able to do solidly in Rondo's absence.
Lowry is an option as is Jameer Nelson.

I'd like to see them go after Bledsoe, though.

Cal827
01-28-2013, 01:30 PM
Between these two teams I don't really see any trade coming to pass. Raps have made it pretty clear that they are looking for a talented player as we have seen them being linked to Rudy Gay & Gasol rumors. The player of interest for the Raps would probably be Pierce but we all know that there is no chance of Pierce being traded to an in division Rival.

For the Lazy:

Boston:

Toronto:

Clippers:

Toronto get's good value back from trading away Lowry, Clippers get an upgrade at the PG position and a second rounder for facilitating the trade and Boston gets an up and coming PG in Bledsoe.

Would love this as a Raptor fan, but no way in hell do the Clippers accept it. They can get more for Bledsoe than just Lowry.... also, they have Paul/Billups already lol

Chronz
01-28-2013, 01:38 PM
I was naming names, but yes I'd like Jefferson here with a signed extension, KG might rub on off on him some.

I like Bledsoe too.

Bass is a back-up PF, not a starter, even after all this time in Boston he has barely figured out the defensive rotations. Good 8th man, that's it.

Terry is declining and will never be worth the money.

Pierce? I have no interest in keeping him in Boston if we can profit for him being dealt. Pierce has been paid $152M+ by the Celtics, for one title, that retire in Boston thing is for the soft hearted.... I want to win. PP is already a HOF'er and his number will hang in the rafters - good enough.

I meant to post a link to a trade but simply forgot. My post prolly didn't make much sense but thanks for your thoughts. But would you be willing to depart with both Pierce+KG for the likes of Bledsoe+DJ?

Chronz
01-28-2013, 01:45 PM

For the Lazy:

Boston:

Toronto:

Clippers:

Bledsoe is no slouch himself, Lowry is better but there is something to be said for the value of team chemistry and fit. And the Clippers FO has made it clear that they value that chemistry enough that they wouldnt trade Bledsoe for simply more depth. It has to be an upgrade at a position of need.

Backup PG will be a concern if EB is traded (though we've recently toyed with a non-pg lineup recently, coincidence?) but we'd rather have a bonafide starting SF than a great backup for CP3.

Besides, Lowry wouldn't want to be a backup, its why hes moved around so much. Memphis, Houston, and now its looking like Toronto may soon have to make a choice with him. Clips reject this deal instantly.

Chronz
01-28-2013, 01:50 PM

Actually, Rondo pounds the rock more than anyone, Calderon doesn't have Rondo's drive and kick game but he has similar vision to make proper reads when Boston runs a halfcourt offense. And unlike Rondo, he can actually stretch the floor and open the game up for his teammates without the ball. They could actually run some post sets for KG, the Pierce and KG PnR would look abit better if the defense couldn't cheat.

I do agree with your assessment of Calderon, just not of Boston. Its why I think they can overcome Rondo's absence to a certain degree, now they will be about ball movement. They dont have someone they can depend on to just create all the easy looks for them but they do have capable "in the flow" passers. Calderon wont have to pound the rock to have an impact with the guys they have in Boston.

Bob_at_york
01-28-2013, 01:57 PM

Calderon and Gray? Gray is a good rebounder. I am not going to claim he is good at anything else but he could help out inside.

Stinkyoutsider
01-28-2013, 02:30 PM
I think Danny Ainge has shown us that he's not scared of making a big deal to improve the team. But, maybe they should build more towards the future now? Can getting Lowry or Calderon keep them in contention and give them a good chance to beat teams like Miami in the playoffs?

Maybe so, but they also move Garnett and Pierce right now too? I know Garnett is old and Pierce looks old, but I think there's a big market for these 2 players and Boston could get young players and draft picks for both players.

TyrionLannister
01-28-2013, 04:10 PM
Pierce and Bass for Calderon and Bargs or Lowry, Bargs, and Gray makes the most sense.

What I WANT to see though, is Pierce to Golden State for Barnes, Jefferson's expiring and filler salary. Pierce goes home to Oakland and brings a legitimate winning veteran presence to go along with Curry, Thompson, Lee, and Bogut.

ManRam
01-28-2013, 04:29 PM
I'm beginning to think that Boston isn't gonna get a whole lot for KG and Pierce. I think they should hold off blowing it up. A complete 180 from my original stance.

I think Lowry or Calderon could replace Rondo's offensive production almost entirely. Make one more run. It won't be a successful one, but go for it.

It will be easier to move KG and Pierce next year, I'd imagine.

LanceUpperCut
01-28-2013, 04:34 PM
I see no reason to fill Boston's need for a PG when were in somewhat of a play off race. Unless they over pay some how then no way. Green, Bradley even Sullinger aren't bad by any means but they don't make sense for us.

justinnum1
01-28-2013, 04:35 PM
I'm beginning to think that Boston isn't gonna get a whole lot for KG and Pierce. I think they should hold off blowing it up. A complete 180 from my original stance.

I think Lowry or Calderon could replace Rondo's offensive production almost entirely. Make one more run. It won't be a successful one, but go for it.

It will be easier to move KG and Pierce next year, I'd imagine.

what does boston trade for lowry?

spreadeagle
01-28-2013, 04:36 PM
Espn-
this is the non-blow-it-up move for boston to stay relevant this season. Everyone wants to know: Are the raptors going to choose to keep longtime point guard jose calderon or the younger, more volatile kyle lowry? Whispers around the league suggest that the toronto front office is divided on the issue and the celtics could swoop in and take advantage of that possible dissension.

Lowry remains one of the most efficient point guards in the league (21.3 per), but his uneven effort on the defensive end has reduced him to a 20-minute role off the bench for defensive-minded coach dwane casey. The celtics could take on linas kleiza’s contract that pays him $4.6 million this season and possibly next season, though the celtics would probably hope he turns down his 2013-14 player option to go back overseas.

In order to give up lowry and his tidy contract, the raptors would likely need to receive young assets in return. Such a deal would likely require involving avery bradley, jared sullinger and a future first-rounder. But that would also necessitate the raptors absorbing green’s undesirable four-year deal to make the money work. Would toronto decision-maker bryan colangelo do that? We didn’t think he’d give five years and $53 million to a then-30-year-old hedo turkoglu, either.

ACanadian
01-28-2013, 04:42 PM
I'd be happy with a Lowry + Barganani for Bradley or Jeff Green and a 14 or 15 1st round pick

GodsSon
01-28-2013, 04:43 PM
Toronto holds all the leverage if a deal were to happen.

In either case, I'm not making a deal unless Bradley + 1st comes back for either Lowry/Calderon.

As far as Green is concerned, I would stay far away unless they're absorbing a long-term contract from us.

Chronz
01-28-2013, 04:48 PM
what does boston trade for lowry?
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bb7xmny

justinnum1
01-28-2013, 04:51 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bb7xmny

I wouldnt do that trade if im toronto.

Chronz
01-28-2013, 04:53 PM
lol
I dont think anyone but the Clips say yes

DodgerBlue22
01-28-2013, 04:57 PM
Boston isn't trading Bradley or Sullinger!! Doc and ainge love both of these players way too much to get rid of them for a 1 year rental at PG..Any Celtics fan that watches every game like I do would have to be very much against getting rid of one of these guys for a rental PG..Losing Sullinger makes us extremely weaker down low and losing Bradley makes us extremely weaker defensively..Both things the Cs need to upgrade significantly if they want a chance..Our two weaknesses to this point have been rebounding and defense and we are going to give up the best guys we currently have in those areas for a rental PG?? NOT HAPPENING it's Green Lee Bass or Terry that's it.

LanceUpperCut
01-28-2013, 05:06 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b9efzx8

This is a decent trade I think for all sides

Tor gives Kyle Lowry and Linas Keliza
Tor gets Eric Bledsoe and Lamar Odom

Bos gives Jeff Green and Jared Sullinger
Bos gets Kyle Lowry and Linas Keliza

LAC gives Eric Bledsoe and Lamar Odom
LAC get Jeff Green and Jared Sullinger

spreadeagle
01-28-2013, 06:53 PM
Earlier this season, there were rumors the Celtics were interested in Rudy Gay, but what they have to offer (Pierce) never appealed to the Grizzlies, and the talks never advanced past rudimentary discussions. Instead, they might go after a starting-caliber point guard like Kyle Lowry. ESPN’s Marc Stein tweeted that it’s more likely Boston will pursue Lowry than Gay. The Toronto guard has one of the best contracts in basketball, making around $12 million over this season and the next. He’d also fit in nicely with Boston’s bulldog mentality. Lowry Bargnani for Sullinger Bradley Green... get er done

Bob_at_york
01-28-2013, 07:35 PM

It depends how much they like Sullinger and Bradley. They might

Corey
01-28-2013, 09:48 PM

Boston wouldn't either.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
01-28-2013, 09:52 PM
Lowry Bargnani for Sullinger Bradley Green... get er done

Get rid of Bargs and Bradley and I'd highly consider it.

bagwell368
01-28-2013, 11:18 PM
I meant to post a link to a trade but simply forgot. My post prolly didn't make much sense but thanks for your thoughts. But would you be willing to depart with both Pierce+KG for the likes of Bledsoe+DJ?

KG is in year 1 of a 3 year deal, tough to deal, and I'd rather keep him as he is:

1. a unique talent, even deep in his decline, impossible to replace
2. the absolute leader of the Celts, with PP hopefully dealt he has to be kept

I'll deal PP, Bass, Terry, Collins (to balance a deal), Melo (a projects project), and a #1 pick this year. I like the rest and/or they have limited value.

bagwell368
01-28-2013, 11:21 PM
Toronto holds all the leverage if a deal were to happen.

In either case, I'm not making a deal unless Bradley + 1st comes back for either Lowry/Calderon.

As far as Green is concerned, I would stay far away unless they're absorbing a long-term contract from us.

DA will never deal Bradley at his salary plus a pick for two above average but hardly stellar PG's. Please.