PDA

View Full Version : Who would have the best career if not for injuries?

ayuntalo
01-27-2013, 09:01 PM
If not for injury. Who do you think would have the best career?
Tmac, Penny, or Grant Hill?

Hawkeye15
01-27-2013, 09:03 PM
tough to say. Penny was injured so early, even Hill pretty early. TMac was dominant for half a decade. I really can't make a call here, if a gun were held to my head, I say Hill.

BKdoubleStacker
01-27-2013, 09:08 PM
mcgrady

ManRam
01-27-2013, 09:10 PM
The Orlando Magic curse...

Dwight's next!

T-Mac was the best in his prime. I think Hill could have had the best career though...his game is more tailored to last.

alexander_37
01-27-2013, 09:10 PM
T-Mac when healthy was a top scorer, maybe one of the most talented ever. I have no doubt we would have seen 1-2 35+ ppg seasons. Not to mention was a great passer and defender.

ayuntalo
01-27-2013, 09:11 PM
It is indeed a tough call..
thats why when this thought came to my mind I became so intrigued i had to start a poll LOL

hmmm Im a Tmac fan, enjoyed watching the guy play more than anyone on the NBA.
but if i had to make a choice, i think it would be Grant Hill..

unwantedplayer
01-27-2013, 09:11 PM
Anyone think Yao could be considered?

KnicksorBust
01-27-2013, 09:13 PM
Grant Hill - roughly 21ppg / 10rpg / 7apg with a peak PER of 25.5
Tracy McGrady - roughly 30ppg / 7rpg / 5apg with a peak PER of 30.3
Penny Hardaway - roughly 21ppg / 5rpg / 7apg with a peak PER of 24.6

The numbers say McGrady but my heart says Hill.

KnicksorBust
01-27-2013, 09:15 PM

If we open up to anyone ever then you gotta bring Bill Walton in the conversation. League and Finals MVP who could score/pass/defend at an elite level until injuries slowed him down.

ayuntalo
01-27-2013, 09:15 PM

being a Rockets fan during those Yao/Tmac days, I'd have to say no.
I watched him most of the time and i think he is a little overrated defensively.
he is an intimidating blocker down low but he is a fish out of water from 10 feet away from the basket (worst than Shaq). Boozer killed him every time

sammyvine
01-27-2013, 09:20 PM
being a Rockets fan during those Yao/Tmac days, I'd have to say no.
I watched him most of the time and i think he is a little overrated defensively.
he is an intimidating blocker down low but he is a fish out of water from 10 feet away from the basket (worst than Shaq). Boozer killed him every time

In terms of natural born talent, T-Mac is up there with Lebron & Jordan imo, maybe a lil below, but if he didnt have the injuries maybe had a Kobe like work ethic/killer instinct, he could have been a top 10 player of all time. He was way more talented than Kobe, but this proves talent is not the be all and end all.

One of the most talented players of all time.

alexander_37
01-28-2013, 01:21 AM
In terms of natural born talent, T-Mac is up there with Lebron & Jordan imo, maybe a lil below, but if he didnt have the injuries maybe had a Kobe like work ethic/killer instinct, he could have been a top 10 player of all time. He was way more talented than Kobe, but this proves talent is not the be all and end all.

One of the most talented players of all time.

Not Lebron talented but may be the closest we have seen to him.

blastmasta26
01-28-2013, 01:23 AM
Grant Hill may have had more longevity, but I think T-Mac would've been incredible had his prime lasted longer and had he declined more from slowing down rather than injuries. So I would go with T-Mac.

Chronz
01-28-2013, 01:27 AM
T-Mac was the very definition of a phenom, an NBA PHENOM.
Penny and Hill had the advantage of a College upbringing and Tmac was STILL more developed at age 23 than either of them EVER were. A true prodigy, high IQ, unselfish/efficient passer. The other guys were too but Tmac had it younger and could score at will.

justinnum1
01-28-2013, 01:30 AM
hill

HoopsMachine
01-28-2013, 03:22 AM
Is it too soon to throw Brandon Roy into this discussion??

gwrighter
01-28-2013, 03:31 AM
Sabonis comes to mind also.

LordJohn
02-02-2013, 03:38 AM
Hardaway was already starting to lose it once the injuries started. Of those three, I'd say Hill, just because I'd say he lost the most potential value in his career from injuries of those three, even though he would've never been as good as T-Mac was at his best even if he'd stayed healthy.

If we're talking all time players, Arvydas Sabonis, Pete Maravich, and Bill Walton instantly pop into mind.