PDA

View Full Version : Better End Of Career Resume? KD or LBJ

RocketLoc80
01-27-2013, 05:45 PM
Overall who will go down as the more legendary player?

Hawkeye15
01-27-2013, 05:48 PM
Too early to tell, but LeBron is my answer if I had to make a guess.

Cal827
01-27-2013, 05:50 PM
Lebron

Hardaway Here
01-27-2013, 06:01 PM
Why did u make 2 pointless threads.

KnicksorBust
01-27-2013, 06:19 PM
I think they both have a legit shot to be top 10 all-time players. LeBron could end up in the top 3.

seikou8
01-27-2013, 06:23 PM
lbj

JNoel
01-27-2013, 06:24 PM
Westbrook.

mdm692
01-27-2013, 06:39 PM
KD. People get so caught up in his ability to score the ball and forget how good he can be in every other aspect of the game. As a matter of fact KD could go down as the greatest pure scorer of all time and as the greatest shooter. Also KD is just getting started he still has about 3-4 years left before he reaches his prime in compariso to LBJ who we already know who he is and who he is going to be for the rest of his career. Right now LBJ is the best in the league but in about 2-3 years I see KD passing him without a doubt.

ThaDubs
01-27-2013, 06:40 PM
#mikejames

mightybosstone
01-27-2013, 06:46 PM
It's way too early to tell where Durant's game will go from here, but right now James has a huge lead on him and beat him in a head-to-head Finals matchup. Regardless of how he elevates his game as a scorer and shooter, Durant will probably never be as good of a playmaker or passer that Lebron is. Defensively it'll probably end up being a wash.

Right now, I'd comfortably say Lebron, but you never know...

ManRam
01-27-2013, 06:47 PM
KD. People get so caught up in his ability to score the ball and forget how good he can be in every other aspect of the game. As a matter of fact KD could go down as the greatest pure scorer of all time and as the greatest shooter. Also KD is just getting started he still has about 3-4 years left before he reaches his prime in compariso to LBJ who we already know who he is and who he is going to be for the rest of his career. Right now LBJ is the best in the league but in about 2-3 years I see KD passing him without a doubt.

KD might pass him...but I wouldn't bet on that yet.

However, you talk about how the rest of his game is slept on, but all you mention is how great of a scorer he is. He might go down as one of, or maybe the greatest, scorer ever, but I don't see how he'll ever be regarded as a better defender or playmaker than LeBron, and that I think will keep LeBron ahead.

Team accolades could change that. Say KD wins 5 titles and LeBron only gets 1. But if you strip that I just can't see his game rounding out enough. His scoring is other-worldly, but his all-around game...well...I just can't see it ever being considered better than LeBron's.

But he'll get better, so maybe I'll be eating crow.

RocketLoc80
01-27-2013, 06:49 PM
So you all really don`t see Lebron winning another ship?!

RocketLoc80
01-27-2013, 06:49 PM
KD might pass him...but I wouldn't bet on that yet.

However, you talk about how the rest of his game is slept on, but all you mention is how great of a scorer he is. He might go down as one of, or maybe the greatest, scorer ever, but I don't see how he'll ever be regarded as a better defender or playmaker than LeBron, and that I think will keep LeBron ahead.

Team accolades could change that. Say KD wins 5 titles and LeBron only gets 1. But if you strip that I just can't see his game rounding out enough. His scoring is other-worldly, but his all-around game...well...I just can't see it ever being considered better than LeBron's.

But he'll get better, so maybe I'll be eating crow.

So you really don`t see Lebron winning another ship?

Sactown
01-27-2013, 06:52 PM
So you really don`t see Lebron winning another ship?

I don't think that's what he was saying, more of an example of what could possible happen to give Durant the edge.

OceanSpray
01-27-2013, 06:53 PM
Why do people think Durant is going to continue improving every year? Things aren't always like that. Durant could have a terrible year next year, no one knows.

With that being said, both players have a chance to be the top 10 greatest ever. Considering Durant's age and how much he's achieved, he's definitely on pace with LeBron. However, LeBron is just so much better in terms of being the youngest to 20,000, to being an overall beast. LeBron has a chance to be top 5 greatest, maybe top 3. Durant on the other hand probably won't just because he's pretty much a scorer.

mdm692
01-27-2013, 07:20 PM
Why do people think Durant is going to continue improving every year? Things aren't always like that. Durant could have a terrible year next year, no one knows.

With that being said, both players have a chance to be the top 10 greatest ever. Considering Durant's age and how much he's achieved, he's definitely on pace with LeBron. However, LeBron is just so much better in terms of being the youngest to 20,000, to being an overall beast. LeBron has a chance to be top 5 greatest, maybe top 3. Durant on the other hand probably won't just because he's pretty much a scorer.

I'm not trying to discredit LBJ but I think the whole "youngest to 20000" is irrelevant due to the fact that LBJ had the freedom of coming to the NBA straight out of high school as opposed to say KD who had to go to Europe or NCAA prior to joining the NBA.

LoveMeOrHateMe
01-27-2013, 07:24 PM
At this point lebron! But memories are made in the playoffs and so far lebron has the edge due to years played we'll see

justinnum1
01-27-2013, 07:37 PM
another thread from d12 fan

RocketLoc80
02-02-2013, 02:40 PM
Upping

rockbottom2010
02-02-2013, 02:47 PM
stupid question...next

sep11ie
02-02-2013, 02:54 PM
Dang, these threads get worse and worse day by day.

sep11ie
02-02-2013, 02:55 PM
So, nobody has checked to see if the OP is a dupe by now?