PDA

View Full Version : NBA trade deadline predictions

mbsalame123
01-27-2013, 01:20 PM
Well I know there are other threads about this but I wanted to try something new. Come up with trades folks, but please think of realistic ones.

I was thinking these guys will get traded:

paul milsap or al jefferson (1 of the 2)
pau gasol
danny granger
rudy gay
marcin gortat
kyle lowry
andrea bargnani
courtney lee
jj reddick
paul pierce or rajon rondo (1 of the 2)
monta ellis
wilson chandler

the teams that i think will make deals are:

celtics
lakers
grizzlies
hawks
bucks
magic
rockets
raptors
jazz
bobcats
wizards
nuggets
and other teams, but these are the teams that will make significant moves, in my opinion.

Come up with trades, what do u think can happen?

mbsalame123
01-27-2013, 01:31 PM
I like the possibility of pau gasol for andrea bargnani and kyle lowry. the lakers get an amazing point guard that can help on the defensive end, bolster the lakers bench and keep things running when steve nash isn't on the court. andrea bargnani is that stretch 4 that just needs to stand at the 3 point line, similar to what ryan anderson and rashard lewis were able to do in orlando with dwight.
the raptors get a nice big man to pair with fellow spainiard jose calderon, he makes this team even more competitive and gives them a guy that they can possibly build around or make a small run with for the next couple years.

I like the possibility of paul pierce for rudy gay. I think gay can inject the youth into the celtics team and would make a nice running mate with rajon rondo at point guard (he did claim he would like gay on the celtics). The grizzlies save money with paul pierce partially gaurunteed contract and he brings them that win now mode where they will be even better than they are right now.
I also like the possibility of the celtics trading jeff green and courtney lee to the suns for jared dudley and marcin gortat. the celtics get a nice center to help down low, get a 3 point shooter and pair that with rudy gay and you've got a nice rebuilt celtics team which will be much better than they are right now.

rondo, bradley, gay, kg, gortat
bench: dudley, terry, bass, sullinger, and whatever else is left
of course other players would be involved and possibly avery bradley would have to be moved but I don't think danny ainge wants to do that.

I think the nuggets will figure out a way to make a package out of their deep bench/team to get themselves some help downlow or some 3 point shooting. they can try and trade for jj reddick in order to get some 3 point shooting, possibly packaging timofey mosgov with wilson chandler and a draft pick for reddick and someone like glen davis... idk. there is a possibility of rajon rondo to the nuggets, but I doubt that happens.

the jazz are going to face problem with which big man they must trade, milsap or jefferson. I think jefferson can possibly give them more and isn't really valuable to the team's young core down low of kanter and favors. Milsap can play with those 2 but Jefferson will just slow them down. so if they can possibly trade jefferson to the bucks for monta ellis then that would be amazing for both sides.

I think the pacers will explore the possibility of trading danny granger, but im not sure if they will find any takers. the nets might seem like a possibility but who can they offer? khris humphries and marshon brooks? I dont know if that is enough. but we will see.

I see the rockets possibly trading for josh smith or paul milsap if a deal can fall through, but they would have to get rid of asik, lin, or parsons in any potential deal, which makes it difficult for something to happen.
I think after one trade happens, the next will follow.

well, come up with trades... lets go!

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

DoMeFavors
01-27-2013, 01:40 PM
Nets always make a deal

goalie
01-27-2013, 09:00 PM
Evan Turner, Thad Young and a 2013 1st for Josh Smith?

Then use Josh to recruit Howard. Jrue, Josh and Dwight.

Josh's last year and Bynum come off the books, lets the Sixers sign Dwight and then extend Josh.

If Josh can't get Howard to PHI, then make a run at Al Jefferson for Jrue, Josh and Al

JNoel
01-27-2013, 09:02 PM
Lebron for Chris Duhon

Wade n Fade
01-27-2013, 10:33 PM
Eric Bledsoe to the Celtics seems possible now since Rondo shredded his ACL.

rocket
01-27-2013, 10:38 PM
Pistons will trade Stuckey

king4day
01-27-2013, 11:31 PM
I also like the possibility of the celtics trading jeff green and courtney lee to the suns for jared dudley and marcin gortat. the celtics get a nice center to help down low, get a 3 point shooter and pair that with rudy gay and you've got a nice rebuilt celtics team which will be much better than they are right now.

Lee and Green have bad contracts and don't help us presently or in the future. No thanks to both. Suns aren't giving away their limited assets. Gortat and Dudley would bring back more than Lee and Green anyway.

Cal827
01-28-2013, 12:35 AM
Lowry and Fields and to Boston for one of Bradley/Sullinger, Melo and Jeff Green

Ok that might be a stretch, but I have a feeling that Boston is going to be calling Toronto over the Pgs.

Silent
01-28-2013, 03:55 AM
Eric Bledsoe to the Celtics seems possible now since Rondo shredded his ACL.

What would the C's Offer? I Can't see it

idrinkpepsi
01-28-2013, 04:10 AM
I think Calderon will finally be shipped out of Toronto.

BrianValente
01-28-2013, 01:14 PM
I can see the knicks tryin to get sessions from charlotte.

Chronz
01-28-2013, 01:45 PM
Clips go all in, trading Bledsoe+Odom+Butler/DJ for KG/Pierce

mbsalame123
01-28-2013, 01:52 PM
with the clippers possibly struggling right now, I can see them trying to package deandre jordan with caron butler and eric bledsoe to get some stars on the team like possibly rudy gay or even paul pierce and kevin garnett, but I doubt it. I think they trade bledsoe if the right deal comes along.

I think the celtics will try and get lowry, possibly trading jeff green and courtney lee for lowry and someone else like landry fields or someone else like ed davis or amir johnson.

I like the possibility of josh smith to the sixers for young and turner, that would be huge! just imagine smith, holiday, and bynum..... and if howard is there then wow!!

I don't think pau gasol will get traded anymore, and with the injury to rondo I see the bucks staying pat and looking to make a run with this team so monta wont go. i see the hawks keeping smith as well and taking the risk of losing him in the summer.

so I see it coming down to paul milsap and rudy gay getting traded while other small trades will happen. but we will see.

I don't think anything will happen this week or next week, but I predict a major trade will happen the week of the all star break and then after the all star break, it will be huge with lots of trades this year to make up for what was lost last year in the deadline.

jason17
01-28-2013, 06:58 PM
Rudy gay will be a wizards
dwight a nets
gasol in memhis
love to lakers

BleedingGreen9
01-28-2013, 07:35 PM

Odom and Butler are expiring right? I deff like this trade

5ass
01-28-2013, 07:44 PM
I doubt the Celtics want a back court of Rondo, Bradley and Bledsoe.

Duncan = Donkey
01-28-2013, 08:42 PM
Im hoping we trade Brown and Telfair, and Gortat for the right price

Silent
01-28-2013, 11:26 PM
dwight a nets
gasol in memhis
love to lakers

Not gonna happen

Celticsfan2007
01-28-2013, 11:51 PM
I doubt the Celtics want a back court of Rondo, Bradley and Bledsoe.

If we were to trade for Bledsoe, depending on how he plays as a starter the rest of the season, Rondo could become extremely expendable.

king2218
01-29-2013, 12:51 AM
Hedo Turk & JJ Reddick for Rudy Gay. MEM gets a shooter in JJ with an exipiring contract & Hedo's contract expires after next season & can be bought out at the beginning of next season. ORL gets a good building block in Rudy Gay.

OldStyleCubbies
01-29-2013, 12:55 AM
Lebron for Chris Duhon

Why would LA do this?

denverfan66
01-29-2013, 01:14 AM
I could see Denver looking for a shooter/low post player. Somebody who makes it so that the team doesn't live or die by the fastbreak. Reddick looks like a fit. It would be difficult for me to let go of Chandler (provides solid defense, can hit shots of his own) but you need to be able to hit 3's consistently this day in age. Koufos has played well this year but if the team feels they can upgrade at the position I'd suspect they'd look Al Jefferson or Gasol (a far shot).

Thunder-Sooner
01-29-2013, 01:53 AM
Durant,Westbrook,Ibaka and 2 1st round picks for Luke Walton.

apet8945
01-29-2013, 02:09 AM
Odom and Butler are expiring right? I deff like this trade

Odom is expiring this offseason, but Butler has another year left for 8 million.

ATLPRIMETIME21
01-29-2013, 08:00 AM
I would love to see the Celtics make a trade but honestly I do not see them trading Pierce or KG allowing a trade with his no trade clause. The Atlanta Hawks need to move Josh Smith, he will not be resigning and they will walk away with nothing. I think Josh Smith to Detroit for their 1st round pick Andre Dummond and Tayshaun Prince would be a good move for the franchise

Manimal
01-29-2013, 09:22 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bajgpdd

Why for Clippers?
They get the best defensice low post guy in Garnett and a guy who can create his own shot in Pierce. Makes them instant favorites for the West.

Why would Garnett not veto the trade?
He is from LA. Will get to end his career in sunny LA, while challenging for a title on a team that has a legit chance to win it all. With Pierce also in the trade, I don't see KG saying no to the trade.

Why would Boston do it?
They get an athletic big man on a reasonable contract, a great prospect in Bledsoe, a serviceable player in Butler with a short and relatively cheap contract and an expiring contract in Odom. They can go ahead and just waive Odom as we all know Odom can't play if he's not near the beach.

Maybe the Clippers can pick him up from waivers then.

LakersKB24
01-29-2013, 09:45 AM
Why would LA do this?

In a heartbeat! LeBron would be a solid upgrade for that backup PG spot. He'd have to get past Steve Blake though.

cdnsportsfan
01-29-2013, 10:03 AM
Rumours have it that Raps REALLY want to land Gay and are willing to ship out Calderon and Ed Davis to do so http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8891818/rudy-gay-subject-active-trade-discussions-toronto-raptors-memphis-grizzlies-sources

To Memphis
Jose Calderon
Ed Davis

To Toronto
Rudy Gay
Darrel Arthur

That's just a rumour though, and the Grizzlies may very well stick with what they have following the Cleveland cash dump.

There's also talk circulating that both PGs, Calderon and Lowry, could be moved by deadline. And obviously Bargnani, but he's been on the trading block for a while - and injured for a while - so that's likely not happening. Toronto will be an active trading partner if they're given the opportunity this month, and with two serviceable PGs potentially at their disposal that may very well happen.

reffahead
01-29-2013, 10:21 AM
I would love to see the Celtics make a trade but honestly I do not see them trading Pierce or KG allowing a trade with his no trade clause. The Atlanta Hawks need to move Josh Smith, he will not be resigning and they will walk away with nothing. I think Josh Smith to Detroit for their 1st round pick Andre Dummond and Tayshaun Prince would be a good move for the franchise

Why in the blue hell would they give up a high lotto pick, Drummond, and Prince who does not want to get traded. Josh doesn't hold that much value at this moment. Ferry wants optimal cap space for next season, that's his priority.

markbutter
01-29-2013, 10:22 AM
Well I know there are other threads about this but I wanted to try something new. Come up with trades folks, but please think of realistic ones.

I was thinking these guys will get traded:

paul milsap or al jefferson (1 of the 2)
pau gasol
danny granger
rudy gay
marcin gortat
kyle lowry
andrea bargnani
courtney lee
jj reddick
paul pierce or rajon rondo (1 of the 2)
monta ellis
wilson chandler

the teams that i think will make deals are:

celtics
lakers
grizzlies
hawks
bucks
magic
rockets
raptors
jazz
bobcats
wizards
nuggets
and other teams, but these are the teams that will make significant moves, in my opinion.

Come up with trades, what do u think can happen?

I don't think alot of teams make a trade unless it's a blockbuster. The Jazz would be better served letting Milsap & AlJeff expire and then do a SnT. As much as teams might want to do something, the biggest hinder will be the lux tax.

I saw on ESPN last nite - NBA Coast-to-Coast, one of the guys said this: The Lakers are 30M over the cap and would pay that in tax. Taking the exact same team, basically having Kobe/Pau/Metta/Nash/Howard (assume resign) that same 30M tax is now 85M because of escalation clauses in the new CBA. Regardless of any TV contract revenue, that's 55M out of the Buss's collective pockets.

Yes, this is an extreme example to make my point, but look at alot of those teams that might not have as much lux tax due next year, and proportionally, that extra 55M for the lakers might be ~20M for other owners. That's still alot of dough.

The primary reason Gay would be dealt at this point since they got under the cap with their previous trade, is again, lux tax in the future. And, it's one thing to be paying that amount while contending, the Lakers and to some extent, the Knicks aren't in that conversation yet.

The sleeper is the heat, who might trade Bosh. I think he's definitely in play this summer if they do repeat. Simply because of the tax

mbsalame123
01-29-2013, 10:47 AM
If we were to trade for Bledsoe, depending on how he plays as a starter the rest of the season, Rondo could become extremely expendable.

that is absolutely correct. I think bledsoe is a starting calibar player, he's shown it this past week playing in place of the injured chris paul. this could be a good rebuilding session for the celtics, however I doubt that happens because there would be chemistry issues between both teams and the clippers can't afford to have problems right now.

But if the right deal comes and they can package deandre jordan along with eric bledsoe and possibly caron butler, then they should make a trade. But I think it's better to wait for the offseason, especially since chris paul isn't a full guarantee yet to stay with the team.

mbsalame123
01-29-2013, 11:07 AM
I don't think alot of teams make a trade unless it's a blockbuster. The Jazz would be better served letting Milsap & AlJeff expire and then do a SnT. As much as teams might want to do something, the biggest hinder will be the lux tax.

I saw on ESPN last nite - NBA Coast-to-Coast, one of the guys said this: The Lakers are 30M over the cap and would pay that in tax. Taking the exact same team, basically having Kobe/Pau/Metta/Nash/Howard (assume resign) that same 30M tax is now 85M because of escalation clauses in the new CBA. Regardless of any TV contract revenue, that's 55M out of the Buss's collective pockets.

Yes, this is an extreme example to make my point, but look at alot of those teams that might not have as much lux tax due next year, and proportionally, that extra 55M for the lakers might be ~20M for other owners. That's still alot of dough.

The primary reason Gay would be dealt at this point since they got under the cap with their previous trade, is again, lux tax in the future. And, it's one thing to be paying that amount while contending, the Lakers and to some extent, the Knicks aren't in that conversation yet.

The sleeper is the heat, who might trade Bosh. I think he's definitely in play this summer if they do repeat. Simply because of the tax

you make a great explanation. many are still wondering why the grizzlies want to trade rudy gay, even after they made the financial trade last week with the cavs, that is because they will still ride over the salary cap. A team like the grizzlies, small market, small city, can't afford to pay the luxury tax like the lakers or knicks, those bigger market teams.

I see the grizzlies trading rudy gay, eventually. I think the raptors might have the inside track of getting a deal done. possibly a 3 team deal between the celtics, raptors, and grizzlies (this is my opinion, no sources have said this yet).

I can't think of a way for the trade to happen but something where the celtics end up with kyle lowry as the main piece, raptors end up with rudy gay and the grizzlies get ed davis, draft picks, and other players from both teams, possibly courtney lee and jeff green or something like that.

mbsalame123
01-29-2013, 11:10 AM
Rumours have it that Raps REALLY want to land Gay and are willing to ship out Calderon and Ed Davis to do so http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8891818/rudy-gay-subject-active-trade-discussions-toronto-raptors-memphis-grizzlies-sources

To Memphis
Jose Calderon
Ed Davis

To Toronto
Rudy Gay
Darrel Arthur

That's just a rumour though, and the Grizzlies may very well stick with what they have following the Cleveland cash dump.

There's also talk circulating that both PGs, Calderon and Lowry, could be moved by deadline. And obviously Bargnani, but he's been on the trading block for a while - and injured for a while - so that's likely not happening. Toronto will be an active trading partner if they're given the opportunity this month, and with two serviceable PGs potentially at their disposal that may very well happen.

This is the hottest rumor going on right now and I think at the end of the day the trade will go down. However, I see the raptors having to give up more, unless draft picks are included. I could see it being lowry, davis, and fields or klieza and anderson for gay and arthur. But we will see.

The grizzlies could try and look for a third team to take lowry and possibly give them a decent small forward and cheaper backup point guard.

mbsalame123
01-29-2013, 11:14 AM
I could see Denver looking for a shooter/low post player. Somebody who makes it so that the team doesn't live or die by the fastbreak. Reddick looks like a fit. It would be difficult for me to let go of Chandler (provides solid defense, can hit shots of his own) but you need to be able to hit 3's consistently this day in age. Koufos has played well this year but if the team feels they can upgrade at the position I'd suspect they'd look Al Jefferson or Gasol (a far shot).

The nuggets came out and surprised us last year when they traded nene for mcgee and I think they will do a surprise trade this year. there were small talks of rondo ending up in denver before he got injured, however that deal is thrown out now. They have Wilson Chandler and Timofey Mosgov offered in a package right now and I think if the right deal comes, they can throw in draft picks and possibly someone else other then kenneth faried, ty lawson and probably danilo gallinari and get someone to help them.

I think they are a lowpost player or another scorer away from actually competing for a title. if they can somehow land jj reddick for wilson chandler or make it into a bigger deal and involve others like mosgov and draft picks, then they can get reddick along with possibly glen davis, but I don't think they need him.
The nuggets played better last year because of the 3 point shooting, so they need a shooter for sure, and I think they wait until the offseason to go after a big man or another complete scorer, depending on what happens with iggy.

mbsalame123
01-29-2013, 11:18 AM
dwight a nets
gasol in memhis
love to lakers

I'm loving these rumors of lakers, grizzlies, and nets trade. 1 person creates a rumor and everyone goes crazy over it. unless the lakers totally collapse, which I don't think is going to happen now (they're going to go on a run... watch!), then the lakers should trade dwight howard, but I don't think they need to right now. Plus Love is injured right now and I honestly don't see how well he could fit in the lakers system. Someone like andrea bargnani could be perfect, and I've been saying all along if the lakers are going to trade pau gasol, then they must do it for andrea bargnani and jose calderon or kyle lowry.

But the lakers won't make a move because they're going on a run right now.

I think the wizards will wait until the offseason to make a move and if anything happens then it will be for demarcus cousins, not rudy gay. Although they wizards do have the best offer for rudy gay in my opinion. But I'm not the grizzlies GM. I like the idea of ariza, crawford, and someone like jan vesley and even trevor booker or kevin seraphin for rudy gay and darrel arthur or jerryd bayless.

WhiteSoxGod
01-29-2013, 11:20 AM
I believe the Rockets will trade for Paul Millsap.

mbsalame123
01-29-2013, 11:29 AM
what people seem to forget is the whole pau gasol for josh smith scenario. I think that is trade is still available and it could happen anytime now, just 1 call and bam! in my opinion.
especially now with the turmoil between the hawks and josh smith building up once again. It looks like he's demanding a max contract and the hawks might not be willing to give him that. the hawks do't want to lose him for nothing and the only reason why they haven't traded him in my opinion, is due to the intriguing possibility of landing chris paul or dwight howard in the offseason.
But if the hawks continue to struggle this week and the lakers still can't figure out a way for pau gasol to be efficient and fit in well (remember, he hasn't demanded a trade but is upset with the benching), then this trade will be official.

I think gasol and devin ebanks along with chris duhon or darius morris for josh smith and kyle korver or zaza pachulia, would work both ways. the hawks get a lowpost player that would move al horford to the power forward and form an intriguing duo down low. they get a point guard to help out with the injury to lou williams and they get a young forward in ebanks, or possibly earl clark depending on if the lakers want to trade clark after his fierce role right now.

the lakers want to keep howard and are trying to figure out a way to better make this offense work together. something that D'ntoni and Nash had in Phoenix was a dynamic forward, who can rebound, defend, and was super athletic, that was shawn marion. In Josh Smith they can get the same. Smith and Howard would form the best lowpost defense in the league, the most dynamic and forceful offense, just imagine the alleyoops and slashing passes to smith, and they get a consistant rebounder who can stretch the floor (although he can't shoot, but he can work his shot from the outside going in and attacking). They also would get a 3 point shooter which is much needed in kyle korver to help out and possibly, most importantly, Howard's best friend who can almost certainly guarantee howard stays, oh and don't forget they get younger and are equipped for the future with howard and smith to build around.... and they can pay smith a max contract as well.

mbsalame123
01-29-2013, 11:32 AM
I believe the Rockets will trade for Paul Millsap.

something tells me milsap will end up in houston as well. I think houston will make a trade for a big man, possibly josh smith, but I doubt it is for him. I think if they can package patrick patterson along with carlos delfino, toney douglas, and some draft picks, then that will work. but they have too much money going out to 3 players in omer asik, jeremy lin, and james harden and chandler parsons, I think is off limits. So it'll be interesting to see what happens. remember they have 3 rookie prosepcts in royce white, terrance jones, and donates montiejunas, so packing 1 or 2 of them with patterson, delfino, and toney douglas would be a nice package for the jazz.

sjbirds
01-29-2013, 12:12 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bajgpdd

Why for Clippers?
They get the best defensice low post guy in Garnett and a guy who can create his own shot in Pierce. Makes them instant favorites for the West.

Why would Garnett not veto the trade?
He is from LA. Will get to end his career in sunny LA, while challenging for a title on a team that has a legit chance to win it all. With Pierce also in the trade, I don't see KG saying no to the trade.

Why would Boston do it?
They get an athletic big man on a reasonable contract, a great prospect in Bledsoe, a serviceable player in Butler with a short and relatively cheap contract and an expiring contract in Odom. They can go ahead and just waive Odom as we all know Odom can't play if he's not near the beach.

Maybe the Clippers can pick him up from waivers then.

Kg is not from LA he is from SC then moved to chicago.

mbsalame123
01-29-2013, 12:26 PM
I was thinking of this trade:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=aolwy9a

This would be amazing for all teams involved. first of all the raptors get the star they have been awaiting for who can help them build for the future with a core of derrozan, gay, lowry, and valenciunas. the grizzlies save money and get young players to keep them competitive. ed davis is amazing and would have an amazing future for the team and possibly even make zach randolph expandable. they get a deeper bench after this trade with courtney lee leading the bench and alan anderson who has surprised many with his scoring as well. they get a cheaper and young replacement in jeff green who can potentially play amazing if he gets back into form.
the celtics take jose calderon from memphis who is an amazing replacement for rajon rondo, and the most amazing thing is that he is an expiring contract so they play him for this year and that's it. now the grizzlies might be reluctant to give up calderon since he saves them the money but getting lee and green along with potential draft picks would be amazing for the team. plus the other throw ins are decent. the raptors get darrell arthur who is a very similar player to ed davis and would help down low as well.

We will see what happens but I am intrigued all the possibilities of a memphis and toronto trade.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-29-2013, 12:40 PM
Bucks GM said on radio the phones been ringing more lately. Bucks always making moves. We trade at the deadline almost yearly and trade on draft night then follow it up with trades in the summer.

mbsalame123
01-29-2013, 01:00 PM
Bucks GM said on radio the phones been ringing more lately. Bucks always making moves. We trade at the deadline almost yearly and trade on draft night then follow it up with trades in the summer.

If the bucks make a trade then it will be a trade for another big man. I like the possibility of al jefferson for monta ellis, a package built around those 2. I think the bucks might be looking at breaking the small back court of ellis and jennings and I think a trade with the jazz looks perfect. the jazz are trying to get rid of either milsap or jefferson in order to add depth to the backcourt and open up a spot for favors and kanter to get more playing time.

The bucks need a big man and getting jefferson would be amazing, pairing him with possibly sanders and then moving ilyasova to the 3 or trading ilyasova, his stock is super high right now! and getting a backcourt player like possibly jj reddick would be amazing.
But we will see.

the bucks will try and trade samuel dalembart and/or drew gooden as well, look for them to be included in any possible packages.... but I am really intrigued by the possibility of a jazz and bucks trade.

what about these trades:
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=c4aeba6

or

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ajlvtch

these are just ideas but I like them.

what do u think?

markbutter
01-29-2013, 01:40 PM
If the bucks make a trade then it will be a trade for another big man. I like the possibility of al jefferson for monta ellis, a package built around those 2. I think the bucks might be looking at breaking the small back court of ellis and jennings and I think a trade with the jazz looks perfect. the jazz are trying to get rid of either milsap or jefferson in order to add depth to the backcourt and open up a spot for favors and kanter to get more playing time.

The bucks need a big man and getting jefferson would be amazing, pairing him with possibly sanders and then moving ilyasova to the 3 or trading ilyasova, his stock is super high right now! and getting a backcourt player like possibly jj reddick would be amazing.
But we will see.

the bucks will try and trade samuel dalembart and/or drew gooden as well, look for them to be included in any possible packages.... but I am really intrigued by the possibility of a jazz and bucks trade.

what about these trades:
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=c4aeba6

or

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ajlvtch

these are just ideas but I like them.

what do u think?

url]http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=c4aeba6[/url]

AlJeff/Burks for Ellis/Dalembert/Hariss ---> the Jazz aren't taking on ~9M for 2013/14 just for Monta Ellis. Plus Dalembert does them no good this season with Milsap/Kantor/Favors.

Same answer as above for second proposed trade. They've got Gordon Hayward as their future 2 or 3.

As for Milwaukee, they'll try anything at this point. With an interim coach, unless it's a blockbuster, I don't see them making a trade until the coaching decision.

I think the Lakers stay pat, for no other reason than nobody is taking Gasols 19M for next year without some major incentive. Particularly with the more punitive CBA lux tax next summer.

As a whim:

KG/Bass/Lee to Lakers
Pau/Blake to Celtics

lakers get immediately tougher and KG I think works better with Howard. The only pitfall is the Lakers take on more salaries in the out years. But I think they'd be a better team now and in the short term.

Blake fills in for Rondo and they get a center.

The Celts problem is they are built for right now and unless they want to trade Green or Sullinger, they have a core of guys that have 2-4 years on their contracts limiting what they can do in the very short term without including KG/PP.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-29-2013, 02:09 PM
As a Bucks fan I wouldn't part with Harris yet. Could very well be our future at SF. He's a very efficient scorer.

mbsalame123
01-29-2013, 03:37 PM
url]http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=c4aeba6[/url]

AlJeff/Burks for Ellis/Dalembert/Hariss ---> the Jazz aren't taking on ~9M for 2013/14 just for Monta Ellis. Plus Dalembert does them no good this season with Milsap/Kantor/Favors.

Same answer as above for second proposed trade. They've got Gordon Hayward as their future 2 or 3.

As for Milwaukee, they'll try anything at this point. With an interim coach, unless it's a blockbuster, I don't see them making a trade until the coaching decision.

I think the Lakers stay pat, for no other reason than nobody is taking Gasols 19M for next year without some major incentive. Particularly with the more punitive CBA lux tax next summer.

As a whim:

KG/Bass/Lee to Lakers
Pau/Blake to Celtics

lakers get immediately tougher and KG I think works better with Howard. The only pitfall is the Lakers take on more salaries in the out years. But I think they'd be a better team now and in the short term.

Blake fills in for Rondo and they get a center.

The Celts problem is they are built for right now and unless they want to trade Green or Sullinger, they have a core of guys that have 2-4 years on their contracts limiting what they can do in the very short term without including KG/PP.

Dalembart is an expiring contract which is really valuable for a team right now and getting monta ellis would be really nice. they're need is a backcourt player at the shooting guard or point guard, so idk what is wrong with ellis. he would give them the scoring they need from the outside, while hayward is at the 3 and williams at the point guard. the jazz would save money in this deal with backup dalembart and they just have him for the remainder of the season.

the bucks would win this trade of course, but this would work both ways for the jazz and bucks. But I understand what you mean, I just added tobias harris to the deal because I thought the jazz might trade a draft pick or something but you can put marquis daniels or doron lamb in place.

I think the lakers stand pat for now as well, especially considering that they might have figured their system out between howard, nash, gasol, and kobe but if they were to trade gasol then I think they trade him for josh smith.

mbsalame123
01-29-2013, 03:40 PM
As a Bucks fan I wouldn't part with Harris yet. Could very well be our future at SF. He's a very efficient scorer.

I agree he is really good however with mba a moute, dunleavy, and ilyasova there right now and the possible addition of other talent, if they trade ellis, if it means trading harris in order to complete a superstar trade that lands you a big man then trading harris shouldn't stand in the way of a trade.

the bucks will look to put daniels, dalembart, gooden, lamb, or even dunleavy before they decide to part with harris in any kind of deal, but the bucks like you said, will make a deal, whether it's a small one or a big one.

mbsalame123
01-29-2013, 03:49 PM
well in case you haven't heard the raptors and grizzlies may be closing in on a deal for rudy gay. the trade would sound like the way it has been reported. rudy gay and darrell arthur to the raptors for ed davis and jose calderon, however the grizzlies don't want to take back calderon and are looking for a third team right now to take calderon, however, according to wojonski, it is difficult for the raptors to find a team to take calderon.

here is the link:

http://www.straightouttavancouver.com/2013/1/29/3929262/woj-grizzlies-raptors-trade-rumors-rudy-gay

what do you think? the team that comes up in my mind that I mentioned before is the celtics, but what can they offer that might intrigue the grizzlies. I hope the deal doesn't fall apart! lets gooo come onnnnn!

what do u think? where can calderon go to in a 3 team trade with the raptors and grizzlies?

mbsalame123
01-29-2013, 04:23 PM
this is not bad at all right here

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b83oglo

the celtics get a big man who can create matchup problems by stretching the floor and helps down low with rebounding as well. they get jose calderon a 1 year replacement for rondo who saves them money in the offseason this year. they get rid of some bad contracts in lee and green while staying competitive.

the grizzlies save money, get young players in green, lee, and davis which keeps them competitive, strengthens the depth and saves them money.

the raptors get the star they have ben waiting for and get a couple of big men to replace ed davis as well.

this is an even trade for all teams, however I am not so sure if the celtics would want bargnani but we will see.

Rockice_8
01-29-2013, 04:57 PM
I like the Millsap to Brooklyn for Hump, Brooks, and 1st. I think Brooklyn is in desperate need of an upgrade at the PF spot that they'd be willing to include both Brooks and a 1st to get it done.

Millsap elevates the Nets from pretenders to contenders (yeah I think he's that good). Going from Evans to Millsap is a huge upgrade. While they certainly could pull an upset they aren't serious contenders (especially if they somehow met OKC in the finals) with Evans still starting. They need an upgrade bad there.

Why for Utah. They really need to start Favors and build around their two bigs. Hump offers them a good back PF. Yeah he's got an extra year at $12 mil but they have plenty of cap space and can probably swing him next year for a late first to a contender at the deadline next year who needs a rebounder. The reason they do the deal though is for the other assets in Brooks and the 1st who they can use to continue the rebuild.

mbsalame123
01-29-2013, 05:03 PM
I like the Millsap to Brooklyn for Hump, Brooks, and 1st. I think Brooklyn is in desperate need of an upgrade at the PF spot that they'd be willing to include both Brooks and a 1st to get it done.

Millsap elevates the Nets from pretenders to contenders (yeah I think he's that good). Going from Evans to Millsap is a huge upgrade. While they certainly could pull an upset they aren't serious contenders (especially if they somehow met OKC in the finals) with Evans still starting. They need an upgrade bad there.

Why for Utah. They really need to start Favors and build around their two bigs. Hump offers them a good back PF. Yeah he's got an extra year at $12 mil but they have plenty of cap space and can probably swing him next year for a late first to a contender at the deadline next year who needs a rebounder. The reason they do the deal though is for the other assets in Brooks and the 1st who they can use to continue the rebuild.

this is not bad and I was thinking of possibly khris humphries, marshon brooks to the bucks for ersan ilyasova, but this not bad either.

but the jazz might be reluctant to take hump and they can get a much better deal from several other teams as well. but if milsap is able to end up with the nets then that would be huge!

I think boozer to the nets should be considered, idk why but boozer, lopez, johnson, wallace, and williams just sounds amazing for me.

but we will see what happens.

NYYCowboys
01-29-2013, 05:08 PM
Mozgov to the Knicks. Book it.

DeyAce
01-29-2013, 05:20 PM
Rip Hamilton for Mozgov

arkanian215
01-29-2013, 05:46 PM
0a

JerseysFinest
01-29-2013, 07:19 PM
this is not bad and I was thinking of possibly khris humphries, marshon brooks to the bucks for ersan ilyasova, but this not bad either.

but the jazz might be reluctant to take hump and they can get a much better deal from several other teams as well. but if milsap is able to end up with the nets then that would be huge!

I think boozer to the nets should be considered, idk why but boozer, lopez, johnson, wallace, and williams just sounds amazing for me.

but we will see what happens.

There aren't really a lot of teams out there that necessarily need Millsap, nor would be willing to pay him the big bucks this offseason. I could see teams like Milwaukee, Charlotte, Phoenix, etc. being interested in him, but does it make sense for them to sign him to a deal this summer starting at $9-10 million per year? Bucks have a plethora of young big men, and the Suns and Bobcats are rebuilding and probably want flexibility moving forward. The Rockets probably are interested, but they might be looking at J-Smoove or Dwight knowing Morey. A deal from Brooklyn like Humphries, Tyshawn Taylor, and BKN's 2013 or 2014 pick isn't too unrealistic imo.

The Jazz want and need a point guard to build their team around, and maybe they go with Myck Kabongo, Trey Burke, or C.J. McCollum with their own pick this year. I'm not sure how they are doing in the standings, but if they are in the lottery, they could even shoot for Michael Carter-Williams. Humphries' deal is bad, but it will be a huge expiring contract in the 2013-14 season. The Jazz could use his deal, in conjunction with one of their young assets, to deal for a bad contract and an additional first round pick in the 2014 draft, which is regarded as a very good draft. Say the Jazz get a first round pick using Humphries' deal, combined with BKN's first rounder, they could theoretically move up and get a higher draft selection. They use that pick and their own first rounder to add pieces to their core players. Not too shabby, considering they already have a great young core of guys consisting of players like Derrick Favors, Enes Kanter, Alec Burks, Jeremy Evans and Gordon Hayward. Worst comes to worst, if they can't find a trade they like using Humphries' contract, they could let him expire and they'll be prepared for the free agency period in 2014 which is very, very solid.

BrianValente
01-29-2013, 07:24 PM
whats the word on amare's value? hes been looking good his last few games, coming back into form. Even playing some D blocking some shots. Think any teams are curious?

WhiteSoxGod
01-30-2013, 03:00 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a27e9ej

Utah Jazz
Receive:

SF Carlos Delfino
PF Terrence Jones
PF Patrick Patterson
PG Toney Douglas

2- Conditional 2nd rd picks

Houston Rockets
Receive: