PDA

View Full Version : Reggie Evans (NETS) have nothing better to do?

kobe4thewinbang
01-26-2013, 10:04 PM
MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Midway through the fourth quarter of the Nets’ night’s 101-77 loss to the Grizzlies Friday night, Reggie Evans finally had enough.

It was bad enough the Nets had been manhandled by the Grizzlies, and that Memphis still had starters Mike Conley, Rudy Gay and Zach Randolph on the floor while the Nets had emptied their bench.

But when Memphis coach Lionel Hollins opted to send starting center Marc Gasol back into the game with the Grizzlies holding a 20-point lead with less than four minutes left, Evans couldn’t take it any more. He rose up off the bench and yelled over to Gasol several times while Gasol stood at the scorer’s table waiting to check in.

“That was the point where I was like, ‘Wow’ ... I was real shocked to see him come back in,” Evans said. “I guess it is what it is.”

Evans admitted the Nets put themselves in that position by the way they played against Memphis. saying “You can do what you want.” But that didn’t mean he liked it.

“We’re pretty much putting our subs in the game, and just to see you putting him in the game,” Evans said. “You’ve got Rudy and Zach still in the game. You still got Conley in the game and then you’re going to put [Gasol] in the game? It’s like, ‘Are you serious?’

“I’m kind of shocked, you know what I’m saying? It is what it is, but you can’t do nothing but respect it. It won’t be forgotten, though.”

The burly power forward, who finished with 11 points and 10 rebounds for his first double-double as a Net, sounded like he already circled Feb. 24 on his calendar, when the Grizzlies make their lone trip of the season to Brooklyn.

“Right now we’re going to focus on Houston, but we’re definitely going to look forward to that day they’re coming,” Evans said.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/nets/evans_irked_memphis_left_starters_jYWPws9Ar96HJDwh coMfJM

:facepalm:

greg_ory_2005
01-26-2013, 10:30 PM
You have nothing better to do.

CarmeloAnthony
01-26-2013, 10:33 PM
Lol interesting..

kobe4thewinbang
01-26-2013, 10:37 PM
You have nothing better to do.And you do? Funny how you weren't doing "something better" instead of making an insolent remark.

kdspurman
01-26-2013, 10:41 PM
Not sure what the issue is here? A lot of guys don't appreciate starters in late when its a blowout already. Some are vocal about it, others aren't.

kobe4thewinbang
01-26-2013, 10:43 PM
Not sure what the issue is here? A lot of guys don't appreciate starters in late when its a blowout already. Some are vocal about it, others aren't.It's just a pointless thing to say. Dude must have ADD.

greg_ory_2005
01-26-2013, 10:48 PM
It's just a pointless thing to say. Dude must have ADD.

If its such a pointless thing to say, why are you making a thread about it?

nirvana235
01-26-2013, 10:50 PM
You have nothing better to do.

+1

eibbor
01-26-2013, 10:56 PM
I see his point, but I do not see the point of this poorly titled thread.

Cal827
01-26-2013, 10:58 PM
Everyone who comes to this thread has nothing better to do.

OceanSpray
01-26-2013, 11:15 PM
So the guy who makes millions has nothing better to do but the guy who quotes him and says he has nothing better to do, has something better to do. hmmmmmm...

LAKobeBryant
01-26-2013, 11:20 PM
much rather seeing a video instead of just words

VinceCarter
01-26-2013, 11:32 PM
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/nets/evans_irked_memphis_left_starters_jYWPws9Ar96HJDwh coMfJM

Who cares? He's speaking his opinion and didn't call anybody out or do anything out of hand. I'm sure he was just upset about the loss. Why does it bother you so much?

Blitzbolt
01-27-2013, 12:06 AM
Memphis only has 9 players after the trade we blow the Nets and the bench played almost all the second half.

OceanSpray
01-27-2013, 12:14 AM

Who cares? He's speaking his opinion and didn't call anybody out or do anything out of hand. I'm sure he was just upset about the loss. Why does it bother you so much?

Because it is he who has nothing better to do.

MrfadeawayJB
01-27-2013, 01:30 AM
As Blitz said the reason for the late rotations was because the bench played sooo many mins in the second half, almost the entire 4th quarter up until that point.

As for Reggie Evans, he can go ahead and circle that next game on his calender, I'm sure Z-BO will too since he had a sub-par performance against evans. I expect Randolph to put Evans in his place next time the two teams meet

DoMeFavors
01-27-2013, 01:58 AM
Its a respect thing its not a big deal. This isnt important enough for a thread.

JasonJohnHorn
01-27-2013, 10:00 AM
It is a bad coaching move to put starters out there when the game is locked up. You need to get experience for your bench and you need to get rest for your starters when you can, so unless your starters are stat whores, there is no reason for them to be in the game at that point. You don't want them to get D-Rosed.

waveycrockett
01-27-2013, 10:42 AM
I'm a Nets fan and I guess I'm in the minority. I think Reggie Evans should shut the hell up. He should be mad at his team and his teammates not the Grizzlies.

GiantsSwaGG
01-27-2013, 10:54 AM
Reggie Flop Evans is talking ? :facepalm:

lakerboy
01-27-2013, 12:54 PM
If Evans wants more respect, his team should play better.

DoMeFavors
01-27-2013, 01:34 PM
I'm a Nets fan and I guess I'm in the minority. I think Reggie Evans should shut the hell up. He should be mad at his team and his teammates not the Grizzlies.

dont be dramatic

waveycrockett
01-27-2013, 01:40 PM
dont be dramatic

After that kind of loss I dont have sympathy for them

Mudvayne91
01-27-2013, 01:44 PM
I saw a Reggie Evans thread and I thought it was going to be something far better than this.....

mzgrizz
01-27-2013, 05:54 PM
Memphis only has 9 players after the trade we blow the Nets and the bench played almost all the second half.

Totally.......we had to manage minutes because we have a game tonight and Brooklyn Nets didn't play so well. Are the Grizz supposed to lay down at this point?
I think it had more to do with Marc having Reggie's sack lunch and the crowd remembering him last spring in a Clippers uni. Get over it, Reggie. Move on.

mzgrizz
01-27-2013, 05:56 PM

:clap: