PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Durant: 24 points on 12 shots last game. Carmelo: 14 points on 16 shots...

poleandreel
01-26-2013, 09:12 PM
IN ONE HALF TONIGHT.

There really is no comparison for who the best scorer is. Not to mention, the Knicks are losing to a bad sixers team.

OceanSpray
01-26-2013, 09:14 PM
Do you even know what scorer means? It's not about points, it's about how they score in any position or situation. Carmelo isn't as good as Durant but you're confusing the meaning of "scorer."

Kashmir13579
01-26-2013, 09:15 PM
right?

cibaoyanks
01-26-2013, 09:16 PM
I have never ever heard anybody call Melo a better scorer than KD. All though I have heard people say Melo is the second best scorer right behind KD

BigBlueCrew
01-26-2013, 09:17 PM
what exactly is the point of this, just outta curiosity?

tredigs
01-26-2013, 09:19 PM
Great sample size. I'll give you a break that it's Saturday and you're probably loaded.

In either case, yes, KD is a better scorer.

Yankeefan213
01-26-2013, 09:37 PM
Your example is **** but you are right.

Vampirate
01-26-2013, 09:42 PM
This just in, Kevin Durant is a more effeciant scorer than Carmelo Anthony.

bucketss
01-26-2013, 09:46 PM
Do you even know what scorer means? It's not about points, it's about how they score in any position or situation. Carmelo isn't as good as Durant but you're confusing the meaning of "scorer."

i hope you're trolling:facepalm: so i guess monta and jamal crawford are also a better scorers than durant and also lebron.

justinnum1
01-26-2013, 09:48 PM
This just in, Kevin Durant is a more effeciant scorer than Carmelo Anthony.

been that way since kd's 2nd season

poleandreel
01-26-2013, 09:48 PM
haha sorry for the stupid thread. I'm a bit upset that the best scorer since Jordan only gets 12 shots in a game when Carmelo has free reign to take 25+.

Imagine if Durant did that on a nightly basis? He would put up 40 every night with ease.

BallIsAll
01-26-2013, 09:50 PM
It's one game. Are you mentally challenged?

Sactown
01-26-2013, 09:52 PM
This is why I'm not huge on melo. To many games where he's just not in the game and not focused. That or he's a streaky shooter.. For the knicks sake I hope it's the first

CEasFiRe
01-26-2013, 09:54 PM
yeah noone is making shots but amare right now

Sly Guy
01-26-2013, 09:57 PM
It's one game. Are you mentally challenged?

it's not even that, it's one half of one game...lol

poleandreel
01-26-2013, 10:01 PM
Well considering he has been better this entire year/last year/year before in every single offensive and efficiency category...you're wrong.

BallIsAll
01-26-2013, 10:04 PM
it's not even that, it's one half of one game...lol

So true. Haha this guy is nuts.

seikou8
01-26-2013, 10:07 PM
kd is the best scorer but using one half sample not cool

KingPosey
01-26-2013, 10:11 PM
Ya this is dumb.

kobemelo
01-26-2013, 10:20 PM
I have never ever heard anybody call Melo a better scorer than KD. All though I have heard people say Melo is the second best scorer right behind KD

well let me be the first, KD can't bang in the post like Melo, he may shoot higher percentages but Melo is the better overall scorer

b@llhog24
01-26-2013, 10:22 PM
This is why I'm not huge on melo. To many games where he's just not in the game and not focused. That or he's a streaky shooter.. For the knicks sake I hope it's the first

He has a 113 Ortg with a USG rate of above 34%, he's fine.

bklynny67
01-26-2013, 10:31 PM
haha sorry for the stupid thread. I'm a bit upset that the best scorer since Jordan only gets 12 shots in a game when Carmelo has free reign to take 25+.
Imagine if Durant did that on a nightly basis? He would put up 40 every night with ease.

Melo is averaging 22 shots per game while Durant is averaging 18 shots per game. Let's say Durant starts taking 4 more shots per game and lets say he makes two of them. So that's 4 extra ppg for Durant.

Exaggerate much?

Sadds The Gr8
01-26-2013, 11:28 PM
well let me be the first, KD can't bang in the post like Melo, he may shoot higher percentages but Melo is the better overall scorer

I'd rather my player to be able to just get the ball in the hoop as efficiently as possible. "Banging in the post" is irrelevant.

KnIckFaN.2883
01-26-2013, 11:41 PM
close thread

oak2455
01-26-2013, 11:51 PM
close thread

who is that in your sig:speechless:

jiggin
01-26-2013, 11:59 PM
I like the single game sample size....

I will wait for anthony to have a better % from the floor than Durant sometime later this season...and then see a post saying the opposite.

xxplayerxx23
01-27-2013, 02:14 AM
One game? :laugh: Durant is the best scorer but to make the example on one game. I could do that in Melos favor if we take one game

xxplayerxx23
01-27-2013, 02:16 AM
I like the single game sample size....

I will wait for anthony to have a better % from the floor than Durant sometime later this season...and then see a post saying the opposite.

Melo has had a 45 point game with a 63% shooting percentage. Melo and the Knicks take games off, it's a serious problem with effort but I laugh at the one game sample lol

Sactown
01-27-2013, 02:27 AM
Kind of stupid to bring up one game, not sure why you're comparing them anyways.. Melo is having the best season of his career, and still Durant (including this season) has had half of his career posting numbers better than Melos career best.
I don't understand why they are compared so often, I mean sure GREAT! most think Melo is the most versatile scorer in the game, Doesn't mean he's a better offensive player than Durant is, as Durant does what he does best, puts up a lot of numbers efficiently, who cares if Melo has more moves.

naps
01-27-2013, 02:46 AM

Oh no :facepalm:

Even Jordan couldn't touch 40 in his best years. And certainly he's no Wilt.

And this is a lame thread. Pretty much everyone knows Durant is the better scorer.

amos1er
01-27-2013, 07:02 AM
Are you kidding me. Comparing KD to Melo. Hahahahahahaha.

Why so crewel to Melo. It's not even a comparison. Melo is not fit to lick his boots.

NYY09
01-27-2013, 07:26 AM

Why so crewel to Melo. It's not even a comparison. Melo is not fit to lick his boots.

Good thing they wear sneakers, otherwise Melo would have a serious saliva surplus... :rolleyes:

jayjay33
01-27-2013, 07:50 AM
I'd rather my player to be able to just get the ball in the hoop as efficiently as possible. "Banging in the post" is irrelevant.

I wouldn't.....who's the last superstar to lead his team to the ship without a post game? high/low something. Being efficient just means you pick your spots. Doesn't mean you can take what you want, when you want.

LBJ....nothing till he caught the block, dirk nothing til he started catching the block, pierce the block bully ball, Kobe the block, Duncan, shaq, Jordan, bird, magic, Kareem....etc.

Durant may very well be the one to change all that ( though I doubt it) but as scores go I like the guy's who can catch the block. Either way it's certainly not irrelevant.

Just one man's opinion.......

Swashcuff
01-27-2013, 09:04 AM
I wouldn't.....who's the last superstar to lead his team to the ship without a post game? high/low something. Being efficient just means you pick your spots. Doesn't mean you can take what you want, when you want.

LBJ....nothing till he caught the block, dirk nothing til he started catching the block, pierce the block bully ball, Kobe the block, Duncan, shaq, Jordan, bird, magic, Kareem....etc.

Durant may very well be the one to change all that ( though I doubt it) but as scores go I like the guy's who can catch the block. Either way it's certainly not irrelevant.

Just one man's opinion.......

Thing is. KD is a better and more efficient post player than Melo. He may not have the flashy moves and pretty game in the post but as far as effectiveness and efficiency he's better than Melo and also better at getting to the line.

Maybe you should take a little time to watch some more Thunder games.

HowFit
01-27-2013, 09:23 AM
Yes, KD is a scorer :)

HoopsMachine
01-27-2013, 11:55 AM
I think Melo is more of a complete scorer than KD due to the fact he has a post-up game that is lethal, but KD is the more efficient scorer.

Becks2307
01-27-2013, 12:12 PM
KD is an absolute monster this year. But put them head to head in a series and though KD is better its pretty much up in the air.

29$JerZ
01-27-2013, 12:52 PM
When you are as efficient and lethal as KD you don't need much of a Post game.
Plus it doesn't help Melo's case that he has been missing some easy layups this season and has bricked a few GW attempts already.

SLY WILLIAMS
01-27-2013, 02:01 PM
Melo played almost as well as any scorer in the NBA in the first 8 weeks of the season including KD but Melo has dropped off KD's pace significantly in terms of shooting percentages in January

Melo:
Nov-47%FG
Dec-48%FG
Jan-40%FG

KD:
Nov-51%
Dec-52%
Jan-54%

ChiSox219
01-27-2013, 03:19 PM
Thing is. KD is a better and more efficient post player than Melo. He may not have the flashy moves and pretty game in the post but as far as effectiveness and efficiency he's better than Melo and also better at getting to the line.

Maybe you should take a little time to watch some more Thunder games.

KD is #2 in the league in post scoring, these kids be watching too much Sportscenter. They know more about Te'o's sex life than KD's game.

ThaDubs
01-27-2013, 03:29 PM

Crewel?

KnicksorBust
01-27-2013, 03:30 PM
I feel like we've been down this road before. That half-time stat line is just a microcosm of Durant's superiority over Melo for the past 3-4 years. Durant matches any scorer in the league bucket for bucket in terms of volume scoring (Can you say 3x scoring champion at age 24?) and is also significantly more effecient than his contemporaries (minus LeBron). This season in particular he has distanced himself further by raising his FG% while maintaining a 40% from 3pt and still attacking the basket with almost 10FTA per game.

There will always be Melo lovers who will believe in this fallacy that Melo has the best "overall" aresenal of shooting/driving/posting... and those people will always be wrong.

ThaDubs
01-27-2013, 03:35 PM
I feel like we've been down this road before. That half-time stat line is just a microcosm of Durant's superiority over Melo for the past 3-4 years. Durant matches any scorer in the league bucket for bucket in terms of volume scoring (Can you say 3x scoring champion at age 24?) and is also significantly more effecient than his contemporaries (minus LeBron). This season in particular he has distanced himself further by raising his FG% while maintaining a 40% from 3pt and still attacking the basket with almost 10FTA per game.

There will always be Melo lovers who will believe in this fallacy that Melo has the best "overall" aresenal of shooting/driving/posting... and those people will always be wrong.

Respectable coming from an obvious Melo lover.

KnicksorBust
01-27-2013, 03:43 PM
Melo played almost as well as any scorer in the NBA in the first 8 weeks of the season including KD but Melo has dropped off KD's pace significantly in terms of shooting percentages in January

Melo:
Nov-47%FG
Dec-48%FG
Jan-40%FG

KD:
Nov-51%
Dec-52%
Jan-54%

Do you value 3pt shooting and getting to the free throw line?

SLY WILLIAMS
01-27-2013, 03:53 PM
Do you value 3pt shooting and getting to the free throw line?

I value 3 pt shooting, getting to the ft line, 2 point shooting, 2 seat sports cars, and blonde females with tight bodies. :)

KnicksorBust
01-27-2013, 04:02 PM
I value 3 pt shooting, getting to the ft line, 2 point shooting, 2 seat sports cars, and blonde females with tight bodies. :)

:laugh: Wise guy.

If you value all those things then why use FG %?

Vincent33
01-27-2013, 04:17 PM
Good thread.

TheNumber37
01-27-2013, 04:20 PM
this is the worst troll thread ever.
oh look, Joel Anthony is 1/1. he's the best shooter ever!

KD is more efficient, duh. he's taller, longer and a better shooter. if melo was 6'10 he'd have higher percentages.

Still like melo because he is born scorer. when he gets hot in the playoffs you're tune will change.

SLY WILLIAMS
01-27-2013, 04:26 PM
:laugh: Wise guy.

If you value all those things then why use FG %?

I was only speaking about where the players have shown a considerable separation (FG%) in January after they were much closer in November and December.

KnicksorBust
01-27-2013, 04:30 PM
I was only speaking about where the players have shown a considerable separation (FG%) in January after they were much closer in November and December.

But you're using a stat that downgrades the historic production Kevin Durant has had this season.

LAKobeBryant
01-27-2013, 04:31 PM
wrong thread lol

SLY WILLIAMS
01-27-2013, 04:34 PM
But you're using a stat that downgrades the historic production Kevin Durant has had this season.

I did not downgrade KD in my original post. I think KD is amazing. Almost as good as Jcraw :D

Kidding aside I merely pointed out that KD & Anthony were closer in terms of FG% in Nov/Dec before a large disparity in FG% for Jan.

Hawkeye15
01-27-2013, 04:43 PM

so are you.

KnicksorBust
01-27-2013, 05:02 PM
I did not downgrade KD in my original post. I think KD is amazing. Almost as good as Jcraw :D

Kidding aside I merely pointed out that KD & Anthony were closer in terms of FG% in Nov/Dec before a large disparity in FG% for Jan.

You may not be doing it intentionally but referencing KD's 52% FG humanizes his season. His FG% doesn't even crack the top 20 this season but his TS% of 65% on this volume of scoring is one of the greatest performances of all-time.

blastmasta26
01-27-2013, 06:25 PM
You may not be doing it intentionally but referencing KD's 52% FG humanizes his season. His FG% doesn't even crack the top 20 this season but his TS% of 65% on this volume of scoring is one of the greatest performances of all-time.

Yeah, KD's TS% is ridiculous.

SLY WILLIAMS
01-27-2013, 07:03 PM

I understand the point you are making but you may be thinking too deep about my post. I was only showing how big a difference the FG% between KD and Anthony for January.

I have huge respect for KD. How could anyone not have huge respect for KD?

After Gallo, Jcraw, and Nate, KD may be the best player in the NBA!!! :)