PDA

View Full Version : Bosh says he is a lock to bein the Hall of fame

spreadeagle
01-26-2013, 08:03 PM
Some would disagree. He reminds me a lot of another former Raptor VC...consistent all star but I dont really think of them as elite hall of fame type guys. But their numbers would say they get in.

Miami Heat center Chris Bosh was selected to the All-Star team as a reserve by the coaches, marking the eighth time he’s received the honor in his 10 NBA seasons.

That, along with the championship ring he earned a season ago might mean he’s already assured himself a spot in the Basketball Hall of Fame.

Bosh believes so, anyway. And actually, the numbers are on his side.

From Chris Tomasson of FOX Sports Florida:

“Hell, yeah, of course. I’ve been a Hall of Famer like four years ago,” the Miami Heat center told FOX Sports Florida after Friday’s 110-88 win over Detroit. “And I say that very serious, though. I’ve talked about it before with my friends.”

The only eligible player in history with eight or more NBA All-Star selections who is not in the Hall is eight-time pick Larry Foust, a center who averaged 13.7 points and 9.8 rebounds from 1950-62.

“He’s on the right path,” said Heat guard Dwyane Wade. “To be in a position where he has a lot of years left, he has a championship under his belt. If we can continue to get more and he can continue to be productive, no question about it.”

It’s rare to hear players still in their prime be so brash about their legacy like this, but Bosh is an intelligent guy who likely knows his place in the game.

It’s also worth noting that most players aren’t asked about their Hall of Fame chances this way, and with good reason. Checking in with the obvious choices — i.e., every active player with more than eight career All-Star appearances — wouldn’t make sense, as all of the names on that list are no-brainer selections.

Where it starts to get interesting is when you take a look at the only other active player with eight All-Star appearances, and that’s Vince Carter. Should he be feeling as confident as Bosh is about his own Hall of Fame chances?

OceanSpray
01-26-2013, 08:14 PM
I think so as well. He still has a good 5-6 years left considering he's not a physical PF. He's averaging great stats and has been a huge part of Miami's success. When it's all said and done, Wade, Bosh, and James will make it to the 1st ballot Hall of Fame. He was way over himself when he said 4 years ago, but he's got the right mind. Good for you Bosh! Underrated as hell.

kingsdelez24
01-26-2013, 08:26 PM
Joe Johnson was a 6 time allstar

We should just throw him a Hall of Fame enshrinement ceremony RIGHT NOW by this logic :facepalm:

Bosh needs to start getting rebounds like he did in his Toronto days and maybe he might get considered

JNoel
01-26-2013, 08:29 PM
Bosh is a troll.

TheSource
01-26-2013, 08:31 PM
Does anyone think Chris Webber is a lock or in huge considerations for the Hall of Fame?

OceanSpray
01-26-2013, 08:36 PM

We should just throw him a Hall of Fame enshrinement ceremony RIGHT NOW by this logic :facepalm:

Bosh needs to start getting rebounds like he did in his Toronto days and maybe he might get considered

You're comparing Joe Johnson with Chris Bosh? That's not fair because Joe has been playing longer and still hasn't won a ring. Chris Bosh is well on his way to another ring and has been one of the best players in the NBA for quite some time.

Gators123
01-26-2013, 08:37 PM
I’ve been a Hall of Famer like four years ago

:laugh2: Sure.

rocket
01-26-2013, 08:37 PM
No. **** no he's not.

abe_froman
01-26-2013, 08:44 PM

joe johnson is going to be a hofer,sorry to break it to you .but yeah,bosh is def a no doubt hofer

seriously ,you guy really need to look up who's in the hall of fame ,because too many of you are acting like there is an extremely high bar to get in,like its the baseball hof where only 1% make it or something.

abe_froman
01-26-2013, 08:45 PM
Does anyone think Chris Webber is a lock or in huge considerations for the Hall of Fame?

def he is.

iam brett favre
01-26-2013, 08:49 PM
What does D Wade know? He shouldnt be a HOF'er.

OceanSpray
01-26-2013, 08:50 PM

Oh lord.

Raps18-19 Champ
01-26-2013, 08:51 PM
I think he'll be successful enough for the remainder of his career to be in there.

houstonzfinest
01-26-2013, 08:52 PM
bosh is a good player not a great player, how can he make the hall when he's never been top 5 at his position yet in his career

GiantsSwaGG
01-26-2013, 08:52 PM
:laugh:

time4change
01-26-2013, 08:55 PM
I think we start heading down a slippery slope if we let guys like Bosh in. I mean he is a good player, but HOF worthy? IDK I just always thought that was reserved for great players.

If anything else is shows his ridiculous level of arrogance.

ATX
01-26-2013, 08:58 PM
Bosh will get in, not 1st ballot though.

abe_froman
01-26-2013, 09:02 PM
you guys are going to be in for a big shock in about 15 years

xxplayerxx23
01-26-2013, 09:03 PM

:facepalm:

OceanSpray
01-26-2013, 09:06 PM
I think we start heading down a slippery slope if we let guys like Bosh in. I mean he is a good player, but HOF worthy? IDK I just always thought that was reserved for great players.

Check who's in the Hall of Fame... Bosh averages better stats than 30% of those players. You don't know what you're talking about.

J4KOP99
01-26-2013, 09:06 PM
The hall of fame in most leagues has become a joke. Exclusivity should be the key with these things... The best of the best. If you were never the best at your own position for your entire career, let alone for any given year, then you should wind up nowhere near the hof.

LAcowBOMBER
01-26-2013, 09:16 PM
This comes up every single time we have a HOF discussion for basketball. There is no NBA hall of fame. He lead the ACC in FG% as a freshman, Jamison is the only other guy to do that. He is an 8 time all-star, he is the Raptors leading scorer, he has a gold medal from the Olympics and a decent international resume aside from that, and an NBA championship. He also has better averages than players that are in the HOF

OceanSpray
01-26-2013, 09:26 PM
This comes up every single time we have a HOF discussion for basketball. There is no NBA hall of fame. He lead the ACC in FG% as a freshman, Jamison is the only other guy to do that. He is an 8 time all-star, he is the Raptors leading scorer, he has a gold medal from the Olympics and a decent international resume aside from that, and an NBA championship. He also has better averages than players that are in the HOF

Cause they think HoF=must be good in NBA. You just have to be spectacular in basketball for your entire career. Chris Bosh is exactly that.

houstonzfinest
01-26-2013, 09:34 PM
The hall of fame in most leagues has become a joke. Exclusivity should be the key with these things... The best of the best. If you were never the best at your own position for your entire career, let alone for any given year, then you should wind up nowhere near the hof.

i agree, if we have to have a discussion about a player being in the hall of fame, that should tell us something. we never have to ask about great players, it's just known that they're going to get in.

BKLYNpigeon
01-26-2013, 09:40 PM
they let everyone in the hall of fame...who cares.

justinnum1
01-26-2013, 09:46 PM
he probably is.

BcEuAbRsS
01-26-2013, 09:47 PM
HOF means alot to me, for that reason I don't think he ”should” get in. But with the standards already set, he will.

seikou8
01-26-2013, 10:03 PM

this

soundjunkies2
01-26-2013, 10:05 PM
Basketball is the easiest sport to get into the hall of fame so he probably will.

LAcowBOMBER
01-26-2013, 10:12 PM

It's not arrogant, he is going to get in. Really good year as a freshman in college, 2 bronze medals for FIBA and 1 gold for the Olympics, 8 time all star, all-time leading scorer for Raptors, all-rookie team, all nba 2nd team, NBA championship, and who knows what else, but he will add something to that already HOF worthy resume.

Also, I really don't like Chris Bosh and think he is a baby, but he's going to the hall

B'sCeltsPatsSox
01-26-2013, 10:22 PM
He could retire today and would probably make it. All he has to is to play at the level he's at for 2 more seasons and he'll get in without a doubt.

Lakers2000
01-26-2013, 10:24 PM
:facepalm:He is a lock for the hall of fame! He was on the Raptors team that Kobe scored 81 on.

TheMoneyTeam
01-26-2013, 10:26 PM
I don't even think Wade is a HOF. Bosh has jokes.

LAcowBOMBER
01-26-2013, 10:30 PM
You can't be serious

This is for Wade
2× NBA champion (2006, 2012)
NBA Finals MVP (2006)
9× NBA All-Star (2005–2013)
NBA All-Star Game MVP (2010)
NBA scoring champion (2009)
2× All-NBA First Team (2009–2010)
3× All-NBA Second Team (2005–2006, 2011)
2× All-NBA Third Team (2007, 2012)
3× All-Defensive Second Team (2005, 2009–2010)
NBA All-Rookie First Team (2004)
Conference USA Player of the Year
All American first team (unanimously)
Gold and bronze medal in the Olympics

See my previous posts for Bosh's accomplishments and why he deserves it

Jint.
01-26-2013, 10:32 PM
like a Bosh..

Sevilla91
01-26-2013, 10:40 PM
LMAO!! stats dont=hall of fame..

Tony_Starks
01-26-2013, 10:46 PM
You guys are missing a big part. He said he was already HOF "like four years ago." That is delusional. So you really think you were a hall of famer when you were with the Raptors putting up numbers on a garbage team and getting bounced out the first round(if you made the playoffs)? Word? Vince Carter did more individually and carried his team further and he's not even a lock.......

FreakaNashur
01-26-2013, 10:47 PM
Bosh has a ring and a key player to winning more. nuff ****ing said.

FreakaNashur
01-26-2013, 10:48 PM
You guys are missing a big part. He said he was already HOF "like four years ago." That is delusional. So you really think you were a hall of famer when you were with the Raptors putting up numbers on a garbage team and getting bounced out the first round(if you made the playoffs)? Word? Vince Carter did more individually and carried his team further and he's not even a lock.......
Bosh was the entire team. and way younger than VC

OceanSpray
01-26-2013, 11:18 PM
Well the discussion is now whether or not Bosh is hall of fame worthy, and he is. Sorry, you can't debate that when you take into effect who's already a hall of fame.

LAcowBOMBER
01-26-2013, 11:21 PM
LMAO!! stats dont=hall of fame..

They certainly play a part. Also I'm not sure why your saying that, but if it is to say Bosh shouldn't be in he also has won internationally and in the NBA

beasted86
01-26-2013, 11:21 PM
Not a lock, but on pace.

beasted86
01-26-2013, 11:24 PM

You're nuts if you think Wade is not a HOF lock.

Sadds The Gr8
01-26-2013, 11:25 PM
lol

justinnum1
01-26-2013, 11:43 PM

:facepalm:

97NYer
01-26-2013, 11:47 PM
bosh is a good player not a great player, how can he make the hall when he's never been top 5 at his position yet in his career

Come on now... Bosh was considered the best PF in the league going into the offseason where he joined Miami, had been at least top 5 before that and still is top 5 among PF's.

jiggin
01-26-2013, 11:51 PM
He thinks an awful lot of himself.

Too bad he doesn't get to vote.

NOT EVEN CLOSE TO GETTING IN...ESPECIALLY FOR HIS POSITION.

no way he is even close to comparing to the likes of Kevin McHale, Bob Pettit, Elvin Hayes, Dirk Nowitzki (who will be a hall of fame player), Charles Barkley , Karl Malone ect...

you kids now days are crazy if you think otherwise.

jiggin
01-26-2013, 11:53 PM
Come on now... Bosh was considered the best PF in the league going into the offseason where he joined Miami, had been at least top 5 before that and still is top 5 among PF's.

That doesn't mean he holds anything to the all-star hall of fame players at his position. Top 5 at a position for a couple years MEANS NOTHING in comparing his numbers to Hall Of Fame Inductees.

Heat players have this problem regularly...they like to tell others how good they are...while it shouldn't be that way. YOU SHOULD NEVER HAVE TO TELL PEOPLE HOW GOOD YOU ARE, IF YOU ARE GOOD. PEOPLE SHOULD TELL YOU.

OceanSpray
01-27-2013, 12:17 AM
That doesn't mean he holds anything to the all-star hall of fame players at his position. Top 5 at a position for a couple years MEANS NOTHING in comparing his numbers to Hall Of Fame Inductees.

Heat players have this problem regularly...they like to tell others how good they are...while it shouldn't be that way. YOU SHOULD NEVER HAVE TO TELL PEOPLE HOW GOOD YOU ARE, IF YOU ARE GOOD. PEOPLE SHOULD TELL YOU.

You must be ******** and don't know anything. You don't have to have the best numbers to be in the hall of fame. Bosh's averages are higher than 30% of the players in the Hall of fame. If he wins another ring, there is no doubt he's a hall of famer. Also, referees and coaches made it into the Hall of fame. What are you trying to say now? You probably didn't even know that because you automatically assume only MJ caliber players are hall of fame worthy.

koreancabbage
01-27-2013, 12:22 AM
joe johnson is going to be a hofer,sorry to break it to you .but yeah,bosh is def a no doubt hofer

seriously ,you guy really need to look up who's in the hall of fame ,because too many of you are acting like there is an extremely high bar to get in,like its the baseball hof where only 1% make it or something.

ROFL at this guy saying Joe Johnson is going to the HOF. What has he done to warrant this praise.

jiggin
01-27-2013, 12:23 AM
You must be ******** and don't know anything. You don't have to have the best numbers to be in the hall of fame. Bosh's averages are higher than 30% of the players in the Hall of fame. If he wins another ring, there is no doubt he's a hall of famer. Also, referees and coaches made it into the Hall of fame. What are you trying to say now? You probably didn't even know that because you automatically assume only MJ caliber players are hall of fame worthy.

I think you need to go look at who is actually in the hall of fame at the PF position and their numbers. Here you go...here is a direct link:

http://www.hoophall.com/hall-of-famers-index/

if he gets in, he won't be even close to the top 10-15 PF of all time. OF ALL TIME...not this current generation, OF ALL TIME. That is what the hall of fame is about.

koreancabbage
01-27-2013, 12:23 AM
He thinks an awful lot of himself.

Too bad he doesn't get to vote.

NOT EVEN CLOSE TO GETTING IN...ESPECIALLY FOR HIS POSITION.

no way he is even close to comparing to the likes of Kevin McHale, Bob Pettit, Elvin Hayes, Dirk Nowitzki (who will be a hall of fame player), Charles Barkley , Karl Malone ect...

you kids now days are crazy if you think otherwise.

I think career wise totals, Bosh will have some impressive numbers when its all said and done.

jiggin
01-27-2013, 12:25 AM
I think career wise totals, Bosh will have some impressive numbers when its all said and done.

not if he keeps up with the heat. His numbers are not nearly as good as when he was the focal point of the offense up north. Sharing assists, points and rebounds in miami isn't going to help his career....other than the possible ring hardware he will get.

OceanSpray
01-27-2013, 12:29 AM
I think you need to go look at who is actually in the hall of fame at the PF position and their numbers. Here you go...here is a direct link:

http://www.hoophall.com/hall-of-famers-index/

if he gets in, he won't be even close to the top 10-15 PF of all time. OF ALL TIME...not this current generation, OF ALL TIME. That is what the hall of fame is about.

First off, what does positions have anything to do with making it into the HoF? That doesn't make sense.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/p/petrodr01.html

This guy made it to the hall of fame. What do you have to say? You're telling me a guard has to be better than him to make it? By your definition and standards, 10 of the current guards should be hof'ers.

king4day
01-27-2013, 12:29 AM
“He’s on the right path,” said Heat guard Dwyane Wade. “To be in a position where he has a lot of years left, he has a championship under his belt. If we can continue to get more and he can continue to be productive, no question about it.”

Bosh said he was a HoF 4 years ago? Even Wade disagrees. Maybe he'll finish his career strong enough but IMO if you can't be placed in the top 20-30 or even 50 players of all time, then you don't belong. I don't think he's there.

OceanSpray
01-27-2013, 12:32 AM
Bosh said he was a HoF 4 years ago? Even Wade disagrees. Maybe he'll finish his career strong enough but IMO if you can't be placed in the top 20-30 or even 50 players of all time, then you don't belong. I don't think he's there.

Referees are named into the hall of fame. So are coaches. Him being one of the best players of all time isn't required. If you're judging it by that, I can name 20 players who should be removed from the hall of fame. It's all about achievements and quite frankly, Bosh has the accolades. US Olympics, NBA All Star X9, NBA Championships (1) and counting. Some of the players in the hall of fame don't even have 5 NBA All Star appearances.

PrettyBoyJ
01-27-2013, 12:34 AM
well he does have a legit case after winning that ring.. We may not think he's deserving but he most likely will get in

cmellofan15
01-27-2013, 12:59 AM
he'll get in, but that only speaks on how the NBA hall of fame is lacking exclusiveness. like king4day said, unless you've proven yourself a top 50 player all time, you shouldn't be considered one of the greats. but that's not the standard the HoF has so Chris Bosh will probably get in.

jiggin
01-27-2013, 01:42 AM
First off, what does positions have anything to do with making it into the HoF? That doesn't make sense.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/p/petrodr01.html

This guy made it to the hall of fame. What do you have to say? You're telling me a guard has to be better than him to make it? By your definition and standards, 10 of the current guards should be hof'ers.

regarding Dražen Petrović wow, you know so little...and you could have looked it up.

He is the main reason why there has been a influx of players from europe...he also was a international bad *** (at one point he appeared in 40 games and scored 1002 points) on the court in the NBA once he was with the Nets I believe he was considered one of the best SG in the league. After his best season in the NBA and died tragically in a car accident at the young age of 28.

If you don't know what you are talking about, please refrain from commenting on the subject, especially calling out a player you obviously know nothing about.

John Walls Era
01-27-2013, 02:04 AM
He will be despite popular opinion RIGHT NOW. Down the road, he will have the HOF resume.

noodle
01-27-2013, 02:04 AM
I still think Lisa Leslie is a better all around player, but I'm pretty sure Bosh is right, he has a legitimate shot at the WNBA hall of fame.

Jarvo
01-27-2013, 02:16 AM
I don't know what's so funny, Bosh is going into the hall :shrug:

TrueFan420
01-27-2013, 02:25 AM
bosh for as much of a punk as he is is a very very good player but not hall worthy

TrueFan420
01-27-2013, 02:26 AM
Sorry for bold very drunk

Lakersfan2483
01-27-2013, 02:27 AM
No way is he a lock. Guys like Terry Cummings, Chris Webber, Shawn Kemp, and Rasheed Wallace aren't locks and he's behind all of them.

Gibby
01-27-2013, 03:44 AM
You guys need to look at who is in the HOF.

amos1er
01-27-2013, 07:03 AM
I wouldn't say he is a lock, but chances are he will make it. I would say like 60-40 in his favor.

deaner
01-27-2013, 07:49 AM
I'm pretty sure he's going for a visit in the near future. But there's NO way he's inducted.

HowFit
01-27-2013, 09:21 AM
Don't not 4 years ago but when he's done...

mike_noodles
01-27-2013, 09:48 AM

Trollololol.

When he was with the Raptors he was easily considered a top 5 PF in the league. Right behind Duncan and Garnett. And now if he's considered a C, again easily in the top 5. If he was the man on his team, he would still be getting 20+ pts every night. I remember Stoudemire talking smack like he was better than Bosh, lol. That was funny.

I think he gets in very easily.

BALLER R
01-27-2013, 09:59 AM
But he said 4 years ago. I think thats a little over board

Mikeleafs
01-27-2013, 10:01 AM
Looooool thank you rupaul for a good laugh! Hahaha

In the end he probably will go in to the hall, it all depends how many rings Lebron and wade get for him.

Even still, you gotta be a bit humble about it. Saying that you're a lock when you're Cristina bosh is hilarious and degrading to all other hall of famers.

Jamiecballer
01-27-2013, 10:03 AM
not if he keeps up with the heat. His numbers are not nearly as good as when he was the focal point of the offense up north. Sharing assists, points and rebounds in miami isn't going to help his career....other than the possible ring hardware he will get.

ring hardware will do more for his case at this point than stat totals. even at the diminished rate he is producing he's got significant totals already.

tmacsc2
01-27-2013, 10:05 AM
basketball hof is watered down w/ mediocre players, so he will be there

todu82
01-27-2013, 10:43 AM
Bosh is a really good player but I find it quite doubtful that he makes the Hall of Fame based on his career thus far.

cleptopot
01-27-2013, 10:48 AM

Who said Joe Johnson isnt a hofer? And with that allstar logic, then i guess reggie miller is a deserving hofer with 5 allstar appearances. :facepalm:

mightybosstone
01-27-2013, 10:51 AM
His Hall of Fame probability sits at 0.8931 right now, which is generally considered to be a lock. That's 11th best among active players, right behind Chris Paul and ahead of guys like Parker, Dwight, Melo and Pau. However, if his career ended today, I'm not sure he makes it because of a lack of longevity and the fact that he was on terrible Toronto teams for so long.

He does have two very good things going for him right now, though. For one, his stats across the board are Hall of Fame worthy. Guys who up up 20/9/1 over their career and have a ring more often than not will make the Hall, and his advanced numbers are certainly worthy. Secondly, he's a No. 3 on a championship winning team and could someday become a No. 2. Guys who were No. 2s and No. 3s on teams what won multiple championships usually make the Hall of Fame (see James Worthy, Robert Parish, Dennis Rodman, etc.). Also, his defense has improved considerably the last couple of seasons, so while most people would have called him "soft" earlier in his career, he's shaken that off and become an above average defensive big.

And obviously if he can continue to play this well and the Heat win one or two more titles, he's basically a guaranteed lock. Probably not a first ballot guy, but he'll definitely make it in.

mightybosstone
01-27-2013, 10:57 AM
Who said Joe Johnson isnt a hofer? And with that allstar logic, then i guess reggie miller is a deserving hofer with 5 allstar appearances. :facepalm:

I don't see your point here. Miller was inducted into the Hall of Fame last year. Or are you trying to be sarcastic?

And for the record, Joe Johnson is not a Hall of Fame worthy player. He has a lot of All-Star appearances because of how weak the SG position has become, but his numbers only indicate a pretty good, inefficient scorer who completely shrinks in the postseason. He has done nothing to warrant induction into the Hall of Fame.

GiantsSwaGG
01-27-2013, 10:58 AM
Bosh Spice

mightybosstone
01-27-2013, 11:02 AM
Bosh Spice

:confused:

ATX
01-27-2013, 11:14 AM
Bosh Spice

The Ru Paul and Bosh Spice comments are still funny?

I Rock Shaqs
01-27-2013, 11:17 AM
Well idk why you guys are acting like he will never get in he has a career average of almost 20ppg, 9 rpg, over a block a game and he's won a championship.

Tony_Starks
01-27-2013, 11:22 AM
But he said 4 years ago. I think thats a little over board

Its a lot overboard. 4 years ago he was a regular allstar on a bad team. That's not HOF worthy. Guys like Mitch Richmond did that for longer and still haven't made it yet. He'll make it when it's all over with but thinking he had it locked 4 years ago is just pompous....

GoferKing_
01-27-2013, 12:05 PM
Pffff ..... 3rd option on a championship team, he has no business beign a HOF.

I Rock Shaqs
01-27-2013, 12:06 PM
Pffff ..... 3rd option on a championship team, he has no business beign a HOF.

Then by that logic James Worthy shouldn't be in the Hall of Fame either...

Dankster
01-27-2013, 12:29 PM
Him saying that 4 years ago was definitely a premature statement to make, but if his assumption was he was going to play out his career as a first option in Toronto, his career statistics would look quite impressive barring any health injuries/major drop-off in production.

He's getting pretty close to becoming a lock for the HOF, even being a third tier option down in Miami. If he ends up with over 20,000 pts and 8,000 rebounds, which he should, I don't see how he'll be left out of the Hall. Probably won't be inducted when he's immediately eligible for it, it might take a couple tries for him to get in. But he should, there's already a decent amount of players in the Hall that aren't deserving whatsoever.

SA5195
01-27-2013, 01:23 PM
He is an 8 time all star, gold medalist, and has a ring. But I don't know why he would even say that, hasn't he learned that he's already a fool to fans? This just adds to this list, "I've been an hall of famer like 4 years ago". smh.

mjt20mik
01-27-2013, 02:55 PM
Piggybacking to a championship... sure Bosh you are a HOF

ATL#22
01-27-2013, 03:18 PM
He's probably close

KnicksorBust
01-27-2013, 03:36 PM
His Hall of Fame probability sits at 0.8931 right now, which is generally considered to be a lock. That's 11th best among active players, right behind Chris Paul and ahead of guys like Parker, Dwight, Melo and Pau. However, if his career ended today, I'm not sure he makes it because of a lack of longevity and the fact that he was on terrible Toronto teams for so long.

He does have two very good things going for him right now, though. For one, his stats across the board are Hall of Fame worthy. Guys who up up 20/9/1 over their career and have a ring more often than not will make the Hall, and his advanced numbers are certainly worthy. Secondly, he's a No. 3 on a championship winning team and could someday become a No. 2. Guys who were No. 2s and No. 3s on teams what won multiple championships usually make the Hall of Fame (see James Worthy, Robert Parish, Dennis Rodman, etc.). Also, his defense has improved considerably the last couple of seasons, so while most people would have called him "soft" earlier in his career, he's shaken that off and become an above average defensive big.

And obviously if he can continue to play this well and the Heat win one or two more titles, he's basically a guaranteed lock. Probably not a first ballot guy, but he'll definitely make it in.

This.

Him saying that 4 years ago was definitely a premature statement to make, but if his assumption was he was going to play out his career as a first option in Toronto, his career statistics would look quite impressive barring any health injuries/major drop-off in production.

He's getting pretty close to becoming a lock for the HOF, even being a third tier option down in Miami. If he ends up with over 20,000 pts and 8,000 rebounds, which he should, I don't see how he'll be left out of the Hall. Probably won't be inducted when he's immediately eligible for it, it might take a couple tries for him to get in. But he should, there's already a decent amount of players in the Hall that aren't deserving whatsoever.

And this.

He is an 8 time all star, gold medalist, and has a ring. But I don't know why he would even say that, hasn't he learned that he's already a fool to fans? This just adds to this list, "I've been an hall of famer like 4 years ago". smh.

Do you really like your athletes to be robots? You would prefer something like this: "It's an honor to even be able to discuss my career as being worthy of the Hall of Fame. For now all I'm focused on is being a valuable member of the Miami Heat and getting back to the NBA Finals to defend our title." :rolleyes: I like that he gave a real answer even though part of it made himself like an idiot.

shizzle09
01-27-2013, 03:38 PM
i would agree

abe_froman
01-27-2013, 03:47 PM
Well idk why you guys are acting like he will never get in he has a career average of almost 20ppg, 9 rpg, over a block a game and he's won a championship.
alot of it has to do with personal emotion, "heat hate" and all.they hated the team up so it keeps posters ability to be objective(you find that common on this board,personal bias trump any objective reasoning here a lot);with abit of a lack of knowledge over who's in the hall of fame,an assumption the bar is set for only the malone's or jordans and not knowing the bailey howell's,kc jones,dennis rodman's,chet walker's ,ect also are in there as well

LAcowBOMBER
01-27-2013, 04:23 PM
he'll get in, but that only speaks on how the NBA hall of fame is lacking exclusiveness. like king4day said, unless you've proven yourself a top 50 player all time, you shouldn't be considered one of the greats. but that's not the standard the HoF has so Chris Bosh will probably get in.

The NBA hall of fame doesn't exist, it is not a thing. HIs college career and international career are also considered. 2 FIBA medals, 1 Olympic gold, lead ACC is fg% as a freshman(that only happened one other time), put up really nice number as a freshman, 9x all star, etc

TheNumber37
01-27-2013, 04:45 PM
not a lock. may get in, but definitely not a lock.
I'd put Webber in over him.

NFLTotalAccess
01-29-2013, 09:30 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/chris-bosh-thinks-hall-fame-candidacy-more-less-140202345--nba.html

Really? Just cause you finally won a ring with a little help from arguably the best player in the league?

justinnum1
01-29-2013, 09:32 AM
about a week late

NFLTotalAccess
01-29-2013, 09:45 AM
about a week late

Haven't been on recently..... Family matter kept me from being active on this site.

YoungOne
01-29-2013, 09:56 AM
he also thinks he is part of the big 3

JasonJohnHorn
01-29-2013, 10:03 AM
He's a lock for the HOF. He is an 8-time All-Star (and counting) with one ring (and likely more on the way) who played a major role in his team winning the championship. He may or may not be a first ballot, but he's getting in. He could go down with a career ending injury right now and his resume is impressive enough to get in.

Is he as great as some of the other guys in there? No, but he is better than a lot of guys who are in there as well.

LeperMessiah
01-29-2013, 10:19 AM
"And I say that very serious, though. I've talked about it before with my friends."
You pay for their partying, what else are they going to say.

rapjuicer06
01-29-2013, 10:28 AM
He's a lock for the HOF. He is an 8-time All-Star (and counting) with one ring (and likely more on the way) who played a major role in his team winning the championship. He may or may not be a first ballot, but he's getting in. He could go down with a career ending injury right now and his resume is impressive enough to get in.

Is he as great as some of the other guys in there? No, but he is better than a lot of guys who are in there as well.

:eyebrow:

heyman321
01-29-2013, 10:45 AM

It's really the big One (Lebron).

NFLTotalAccess
01-29-2013, 10:53 AM

Ray Allen is really coming along with that group as well.

Slug3
01-29-2013, 11:09 AM
Isn't there people that sucked in the NBA but were good in college get into the basketball hall of fame? Who is to say Bosh won't?

Lakerfan In NY
01-29-2013, 05:44 PM
he's a lock for the hof. He is an 8-time all-star (and counting) with one ring (and likely more on the way) who played a major role in his team winning the championship. He may or may not be a first ballot, but he's getting in. He could go down with a career ending injury right now and his resume is impressive enough to get in.

is he as great as some of the other guys in there? No, but he is better than a lot of guys who are in there as well.

who??????

Avenged
01-29-2013, 06:37 PM
Obviously when he retires he will be.

As of right now, if for whatever reason he retired, he wouldn't make it IMO.

edit: scratch that - he would absolutely make it. 4 years ago like he claims, I will say no.

ThuglifeJ
01-29-2013, 08:56 PM
Some would disagree. He reminds me a lot of another former Raptor VC...

Miami Heat center Chris Bosh was selected to the All-Star team as a reserve by the coaches, marking the eighth time he’s received the honor in his 10 NBA seasons.

From Chris Tomasson of FOX Sports Florida:

“Hell, yeah, of course. I’ve been a Hall of Famer like four years ago,” the Miami Heat center told FOX Sports Florida after Friday’s 110-88 win over Detroit. “And I say that very serious, though. I’ve talked about it before with my friends.”

okay Bosh is a friggin child apparently. I talked about it with my friends? 4 years ago? smh what an idiot officialy lost a lot of respect from me.

and no he's not like VC.
-Vince actually carried his teams by himself and to playoff wins, something Bosh didn't
-Vince was a face of the NBA bosh was never a face, but a good all star and now a 3rd wheel on a championship team( which isnt that bad). No where near as impactful it's just thought at the moment becuz Vince is old while Bosh is still apparent.
-Bosh was named all star reserves, and made all star teams because there werent many better bigs in the East. Carter was always the lead vote getter as a Raptor.

Bosh has been a great PF, unique in a way. But he should not make the HOF. Even if his best buddy since 6th grade told him so.

but he will cuz the standards are so low.

JC_
01-29-2013, 09:28 PM

The funny thing is most athletes in his position would think the exact same thing but many wouldn't be truthful when asked because they were told to say something else by their p.r. person.

A lot of people may not like the guy but to me it's cool when guys do an interview and aren't just saying something they've rehearsed and said a thousand times. Was it the right thing to say? IMO hell no but that's why I like Bosh. He's speaking his mind and there's no ill-will involved.

Lim
01-30-2013, 02:33 AM
he will get in. playing a long side lebron and wade will help prolong his career and help him get in.

tapajafri
01-30-2013, 03:14 AM
He's not a lock.....but he's on his way if he can keep it up.

Of course most laker fans will say he's not, but that's only because they're biased.

Alayla
02-01-2013, 08:05 AM
a lock.. no an arugement yes

jazzyjake
02-01-2013, 08:11 AM
He's not a lock.....but he's on his way if he can keep it up.

Of course most laker fans will say he's not, but that's only because they're biased.

the basketball hof is a joke. players like bosh, reggie miller, mullin should not be hall of fame players.

it really should be the greats who won rings and dominated like MJ, Magic, Bird, Kobe, Duncan, Lebron etc...

cut of point should be players who may not have won a ring but where dominate and almost the league best players like Iversen, Nash, Malone, Barkley etc...

It shouldn't be for players who just made all star appearances but were never top 5 in the league or in their position like CHRIS BOSH.

So basically to be a hall of fame player you need at least 8 all star appearances and your most likely to be in the hall of fame. what a joke.

NY007
02-01-2013, 08:29 AM
Bwahahahaha Bosh is so ****ing dumb

MonroeFAN
02-01-2013, 08:39 AM

This is really upsetting.

LAcowBOMBER
02-01-2013, 08:50 AM
[/b]

who??????

It's too hard to list, but sort this list by points per game and start looking at people with around 16ppg or less. Obviously some are point guards or defensive minded players, but other are definitely players he is better than. Right now his career avg sits around 20ppg and 9 rpg plus his ring, gold medal, college and international resume

LAcowBOMBER
02-01-2013, 08:54 AM
the basketball hof is a joke. players like bosh, reggie miller, mullin should not be hall of fame players.

it really should be the greats who won rings and dominated like MJ, Magic, Bird, Kobe, Duncan, Lebron etc...

cut of point should be players who may not have won a ring but where dominate and almost the league best players like Iversen, Nash, Malone, Barkley etc...

It shouldn't be for players who just made all star appearances but were never top 5 in the league or in their position like CHRIS BOSH.

So basically to be a hall of fame player you need at least 8 all star appearances and your most likely to be in the hall of fame. what a joke.

He was top 5 at his position for a time. He averaged like 22 and 10 for 5 years unless you mean he needs to be top 5 in the league or the best at his position, but then that is an absurdly exclusive hall of fame

Iggz53
02-01-2013, 09:07 AM
He easily will. The NBA Hall of Fame is a joke, anyone can get in.

RLundi
02-01-2013, 09:56 AM
He has a better shot getting into the Rock and Roll HOF.

Ha. Ha. Did you just see that? I made a funny.

Muttman73
02-01-2013, 11:20 AM
As long as they sell tickets, he'll get in for sure

1hardcore
02-01-2013, 11:42 AM
holy **** !!!

10 seasons in the league already

ManRam
02-01-2013, 11:57 AM
Once again, he is all but a lock to make it. If you don't think so...just go look at the guys in the bottom tier of the Hall of Fame. He stacks up well against a lot of them...and he's still got a few years of top-level play left.