PDA

View Full Version : Is it wrong to be happy that the Lakers are struggling?

RLundi
01-26-2013, 05:56 PM
I hate the preponderance of Lakers threads as much as the next guy and I'm loathe to ever create a hate or bait thread, but I just can't help but feel vindicated, satisfied and just downright giddy that the Lakers are struggling. I've never ever had a vendetta against any non-rival team so this is strange for me. But the Magic suck and I need something to root for (or against) and this has sustained me.

Is this wrong? (Nothing personal Lakers fans)

greg_ory_2005
01-26-2013, 06:00 PM
Nope not at all. It's right to be happy about it.

Cracka2HI!
01-26-2013, 06:04 PM
Nope! It makes perfect sense. Especially on this site! Their fans deserve this. They earned it!!

That said there are some decent Laker fans. This post goes out to the banner pointers and LeBron in 2014ers.

thephoenixson28
01-26-2013, 06:05 PM
Not If your a suns fan

Seguin
01-26-2013, 06:08 PM
Haha, Lakers fans have been a thorn in EVERYONE'S side the past decade. There's areas that simply don't know how to win and Lakers fans are pretty much the definition of that.

Celticsfan2007
01-26-2013, 06:09 PM
Not unless your a Lakers fan...

OceanSpray
01-26-2013, 06:11 PM
I'm actually disappointed because LAL has been such a storied franchise and the playoffs won't be as entertaining. C'mon, a LAL vs Heat matchup would break records solely because LBJ and Kobe are still the top two stars.

Sly Guy
01-26-2013, 06:15 PM
not at all. For the same reason why we were all doing the same to the knicks when Isiah was mad at the wheel of that franchise.

shep33
01-26-2013, 06:15 PM
It's normal and understandable. Teams that are successful for long periods of time are often hated, so it comes with the deal. Nobody has dominated the modern NBA like the Lakers. Since 1980 the Lakers have 16 conference titles and 10 championships.

Yankees, Lakers, Man U, Celtics, etc. all receive a lot of hate too.

I'm not trying to be arrogant, because I think our title window has closed for a couple years (unless Dwight re-ups), but this is often how sports works. Success often leads to hate, and I'm certainly no different. I hate Man U lol

OceanSpray
01-26-2013, 06:17 PM
It's normal and understandable. Teams that are successful for long periods of time are often hated, so it comes with the deal. Nobody has dominated the modern NBA like the Lakers. Since 1980 the Lakers have 16 conference titles and 10 championships.

I'm not trying to be arrogant, because I think our title window has closed for a couple years (unless Dwight re-ups), but this is often how sports works. Success often leads to hate, and I'm certainly no different. I hate Man U lol

I understand where you're coming from but at the same time, it's hard to not hate a team when their star player brags about winning the championship before they played a game.

leftymo
01-26-2013, 06:19 PM
Of course not... 5 championships 7 finals in the last 12 years... name another NBA team remotely close to that...

Enjoy it while it lasts, history has proven it doesn't last for long...

NFLNBA
01-26-2013, 06:19 PM
Of course not...........Lakers are always a team contending and are that team you HATE if your not a fan of theirs because they win so much. Only problem is you wont be able to enjoy it long cause the Lakers are never down long so enjoy and bask in this as long as you can lol

Im sure they will make a trade and get Lebron and Bosh for Gasol somehow lmao

Money_23
01-26-2013, 06:20 PM
it's not wrong, you are just a d1ck.

shep33
01-26-2013, 06:20 PM
I understand where you're coming from but at the same time, it's hard to not hate a team when their star player brags about winning the championship before they played a game.

LeBron James.

Lakerhead4ever
01-26-2013, 06:21 PM
you have every right to be happy.

but laker struggles usually dont last long.

OceanSpray
01-26-2013, 06:23 PM
LeBron James.

And Miami were hated for that. Same reason why people hate LAL now.

kobe4thewinbang
01-26-2013, 06:23 PM
No, but it's sad. You could find better sustenance.

shep33
01-26-2013, 06:25 PM
And Miami were hated for that. Same reason why people hate LAL now.

Nobody hated the Lakers before this? C'mon now. Lakers are also the most loved team in the NBA.

RLundi
01-26-2013, 06:26 PM

I think if all Lakers fans were like you, Avenged, and KB-Pau-DH (wherever he went) the Lakers wouldn't be as hated. But when you got people like Vinylman, nickdymez and Lakersmaster24 running around, it's no wonder a lot of people are reveling in the Lakers' failures.

RLundi
01-26-2013, 06:27 PM
it's not wrong, you are just a d1ck.

Probably :)

TheMoneyTeam
The Lakers win 5 championships every decade average so we can hate all we want in a sub par season with an aging club. When a person says this isn't a bait or hate thread it most certainly is a bait and hate thread. The only difference here is that moderators hate them too so they let it happen.

OceanSpray
Nobody hated the Lakers before this? C'mon now. Lakers are also the most loved team in the NBA.

So the fact that they bragged about winning the championship and are losing isn't one of the reasons people hate them? C'mon now. There are always haters for every team. LAL hate Boston Celtics, other way around as well.

OceanSpray
01-26-2013, 06:28 PM
No, but it's sad. You could find better sustenance.

Are you happy if LAL win? If yes, you could find better sustenance.

b@llhog24
01-26-2013, 06:32 PM
I'm ecstatic to be honest.

Vinylman
01-26-2013, 06:34 PM
maybe we should make a thread about the magic..

oh wait... no one would care

CubsBullsBucs
01-26-2013, 06:36 PM
Theres a thread for that. this would fall under the feelings category

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?799151-The-Lakers

dtmagnet
01-26-2013, 06:52 PM
LeBron James.

And Lebron and the Heat aren't hated?

RLundi
01-26-2013, 07:06 PM
maybe we should make a thread about the magic..

oh wait... no one would care

Aww look whose feelings I hurt :(

Vinylman
01-26-2013, 07:09 PM
Aww look whose feelings I hurt :(

people have to care to have their feelings hurt...

Lakers are like the hot chicks... the nerds and dorks can't resist talking about them...

we get it

Avenged
01-26-2013, 07:12 PM
lol is it wrong to be happy that the Mavs are struggling? 76ers? Celtics?

Point being it doesn't matter so no it's not wrong.

tapajafri
01-26-2013, 07:18 PM
Of course not... 5 championships 7 finals in the last 12 years... name another NBA team remotely close to that...

correction: 3 championships and 6 finals in the last 12 years.

Game 6 WCF 2002
Game 7 NBA Finals 2010

You're right though, history shows it won't last for long.

Hawkeye15
01-26-2013, 07:21 PM

Yep, you nailed it. The team on the top of the mountain for a long period of time will always have haters. I love them struggling.

RLundi
01-26-2013, 07:24 PM
people have to care to have their feelings hurt...

Lakers are like the hot chicks... the nerds and dorks can't resist talking about them...

we get it

Lol so when do you graduate high school?

ThunderousDemon
01-26-2013, 07:52 PM
:moon:

bucketss
01-26-2013, 07:57 PM
no not at all. i have erectile dysfunction and the lakers losing is the only thing that gets me hard.

KingOf215
01-26-2013, 08:05 PM
If it's wrong.... I don't ever want to be right.

Here's to the eternal suckdom of the Lakers. Go Clips.

K.I.N.G.
01-26-2013, 08:12 PM
Is it wrong to be happy to see teams like the Bobcats, T-Wolves, Hornets, and all the other crappy teams that suck in the NBA struggling? Nope, so why would it be any different if it were the Lakers? Because they are the most storied franchise in NBA history besides the Celtics? Please!

OceanSpray
01-26-2013, 08:16 PM
Is it wrong to be happy to see teams like the Bobcats, T-Wolves, Hornets, and all the other crappy teams that suck in the NBA struggling? Nope, so why would it be any different if it were the Lakers? Because they are the most storied franchise in NBA history besides the Celtics? Please!

Duh? No one cares enough to hate on Bobcats, T-Wolves, and Hornets. They are crappy teams with crappy history.

LakersMaster24
01-26-2013, 08:25 PM
Sure. Its called jealousy.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
01-26-2013, 08:29 PM
I am with my fellow magic fan on this but who can blame us? Its the nature of the beast but for me its not that I hate the Lakers I do hate how they always rape in trades somehow but I only want to see Dwight fail it wouldnt have mattered where he bailed us for I woulda rooted against that team he was on just because of him... so its not like I hate the Lakers just wanna see Dwight go nowhere ...

I'm sure cavs fans were the sameway when bronbron left

canzano55
01-26-2013, 09:31 PM
It makes me feel giddy. Especially when we beat them and all those kids with their Kobe jerseys went home home with their heads down.

...oh and Jack Nicholson walking out on his team...hehe.

I love it.

Vampirate
01-26-2013, 09:38 PM
So the fact that they bragged about winning the championship and are losing isn't one of the reasons people hate them? C'mon now. There are always haters for every team. LAL hate Boston Celtics, other way around as well.

Who'd hate teams like the Raptors though? Exactly what reasons would bring around haters for teams like this?

ILLUSIONIST^248
01-26-2013, 09:56 PM

ThaDubs
01-26-2013, 09:59 PM
Sure. Its called jealousy.

Yeah, I sure wish I was 17-25. :mad:

kobe4thewinbang
01-26-2013, 10:20 PM
Are you happy if LAL win? If yes, you could find better sustenance.Huh? I'm a Lakers fan; of course I'm happy when they're winning. They suck now, but I don't suddenly start smirking at the failure of the Suns or Magic. It is what it is; there's always ups and downs. I'm always supportive when a previously bad team starts to improve.

kobe4thewinbang
01-26-2013, 10:23 PM
Duh? No one cares enough to hate on Bobcats, T-Wolves, and Hornets. They are crappy teams with crappy history.Bobcats, maybe. But not Hornets and T-Wolves, who almost beat LA one year. Really, dude, where is this silly malice coming from?

LAcowBOMBER
01-26-2013, 10:26 PM
Depends how happy, some people seem happier about the Lakers sucking than they do about their team doing good. I'm happy when I team I don't like is struggling, but it's not like a get excited when they lose like I would when my team wins

kobe4thewinbang
01-26-2013, 10:26 PM
It makes me feel giddy. Especially when we beat them and all those kids with their Kobe jerseys went home home with their heads down.

I love it.Giddy? Don't you mean disturbed? What sane being is happy when little kids go home frowning? Who is this "we" anyway? Ah, hell, you could be a fan of any "we" since the Lakers have been beaten by practically every other team this season.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
01-26-2013, 10:29 PM
Speaking as a Celtics fan you've got to love this.

kobe4thewinbang
01-26-2013, 10:29 PM
I'm happy when a team I don't like is struggling Why? It's not good for the game. What exactly drives you to feel that way?

kobe4thewinbang
01-26-2013, 10:33 PM
Speaking as a Celtics fan you've got to love this.Uh-huh, sure. Celtics ain't doing much better in a weaker conference. Believe it or not, I'm a fan of both teams. It's so childish how people cling to one team and trash others.

Tony_Starks
01-26-2013, 10:37 PM
The same people that are happy the Lakers are struggling are the same ones that will be saying "the nba is fixed" if the Lakers make the playoffs......

kobe4thewinbang
01-26-2013, 10:38 PM
The same people that are mad the Lakers are struggling are the same ones that will be saying "the nba is fixed" if the Lakers make the playoffs......Only idiots believe that crap, or bother to say it. No intelligent person would get mad over sports.

Raps08-09 Champ
01-26-2013, 10:43 PM
Eh. Do whatever you want.

ThaDubs
01-26-2013, 10:44 PM
Only idiots believe that crap, or bother to say it. No intelligent person would get mad over sports.

So wrong.

kobe4thewinbang
01-26-2013, 10:45 PM
So wrong.Explain. Cause it's "just a game", dude. Maybe if you're drunk.

Vampirate
01-26-2013, 10:46 PM
Only idiots believe that crap, or bother to say it. No intelligent person would get mad over sports.

I'm sure you've gotten lost in the moment, if a call goes the other teams way and you believe it's BS and it is the call that makes the other team win, you won't be pissed?

kobe4thewinbang
01-26-2013, 10:47 PM
No, it's just part of the game. I don't jump off the couch and drop F bombs.

ThaDubs
01-26-2013, 10:52 PM
Explain. Cause it's "just a game", dude. Maybe if you're drunk.

There's a difference between being mad and going mad. If you're angry because your team is losing or just lost it's totally normal. Most people would be mad in those sorts of situations. There isn't much to explain. If your team wins, you're happy. If your team loses, your mad.

*Superman*
01-26-2013, 11:01 PM
Explain. Cause it's "just a game", dude. Maybe if you're drunk.

*Favorite team looses championship by one point*

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lqafpmToyq1qafcveo1_500.gif

OceanSpray
01-26-2013, 11:13 PM

First off, you're not intelligent.
Second off, you have Kobe and LAL all over your profile. You cared enough to spend your time doing so. You obviously care. Are you trying to say we have better things to do than release our emotions over a sport? That's so absurd. Also, what does Hornets and T-Wolves almost beating LAL prove? No one cares enough to hate Hornets or T-Wolves because they are a small market team with virtually no publicity.

TheMoneyTeam
01-26-2013, 11:22 PM

I love it.

He can keep walking, he isn't from Los Angeles anyway.

TheMoneyTeam
01-26-2013, 11:25 PM
Uh-huh, sure. Celtics ain't doing much better in a weaker conference. Believe it or not, I'm a fan of both teams. It's so childish how people cling to one team and trash others.
:facepalm:

Blasphemous.

TheMoneyTeam
01-26-2013, 11:26 PM
No, it's just part of the game. I don't jump off the couch and drop F bombs.

Right, you just turn the channel to the Celtics' game.

LAcowBOMBER
01-26-2013, 11:43 PM
Why? It's not good for the game. What exactly drives you to feel that way?

The fact that I don't like them, but usually it's so obnoxious fans of that team have nothing to talk about

Fireworld
01-27-2013, 12:06 AM
Can't blame people for being happy about it, but I think it's wrong as a human to be happy for anyones misfortune.

jiggin
01-27-2013, 12:27 AM
A little wrong and its because if they struggle this year, you know they will spend and trade like crazy in the offseason to have it not happen again next year. Its a two headed monster, especially since the Lakers have NEVER built through the draft...its all about trades and instant success.

Leftcoast_yg
01-27-2013, 12:55 AM
haters come with success and the fame. I would be worried if people didn't hate the Lakers thanks op for reminding us laker fans how great our franchise at a time like this :D

bucketss
01-27-2013, 01:01 AM
haters come with success and the fame. I would be worried if people didn't hate the Lakers thanks op for reminding us laker fans how great our franchise at a time like this :D

lakers should be on the history channel since all their fans cant stop talking about the past!

LAKERMANIA
01-27-2013, 01:09 AM
lakers should be on the history channel since all their fans cant stop talking about the past!
History repeats itself.

Leftcoast_yg
01-27-2013, 01:15 AM

great idea! they deserve it.....oh wait you meant it as insult non taken ;)

Chacarron
01-27-2013, 01:19 AM
Is it wrong to be kinda happy being a Lakers fan just because you despise Kobe? :o

John Walls Era
01-27-2013, 02:06 AM
Nope, its fine. I'm not happy, but I do like to rub it in to my Laker fan friends (Kobe Fans tbe :pity:).

John Walls Era
01-27-2013, 02:11 AM
Eh. Do whatever you want.

STFU. You're a Raptors fan, stop pretending you're a Lakers fan. And stop promoting the Tennis forum.

mzgrizz
01-27-2013, 02:30 AM
Look up schadenfreude
Covers it there

Sactown
01-27-2013, 02:37 AM
I was Happy when LA was slightly out of the playoff picture, but was thought to be a lock, now with every loss I become more sympathetic for them, and I don't really know why... since I'm a Kings fan lol..

LAKERMANIA
01-27-2013, 02:42 AM
STFU. You're a Raptors fan, stop pretending you're a Lakers fan. And stop promoting the Tennis forum.
What are you talking about? check out his username one more time, who do you think won it in 2008-2009? ;)

hidalgo
01-27-2013, 02:42 AM
the Lakers will still make the playoffs for sure, with a predictable lame heroic 2nd half of the season

LAKERMANIA
01-27-2013, 03:04 AM
the Lakers will still make the playoffs for sure, with a predictable lame heroic 2nd half of the season

How are you allowed to have 2 usernames?

JLynn943
01-27-2013, 03:14 AM
I'm a Kings fan, so other than the Kings winning (lol), the Lakers struggling is what I like to see most.

GunFactor187
01-27-2013, 03:55 AM
Indifferent about the Lakers, extremely ecstatic that the Clippers are doing so awesome.

Zefflin
01-27-2013, 04:05 AM
I was Happy when LA was slightly out of the playoff picture, but was thought to be a lock, now with every loss I become more sympathetic for them, and I don't really know why... since I'm a Kings fan lol..

haha thanks man

kobe4thewinbang
01-27-2013, 04:52 AM
Second off, you have Kobe and LAL all over your profile. You cared enough to spend your time doing so. You obviously care. Are you trying to say we have better things to do than release our emotions over a sport? That's so absurd. Also, what does Hornets and T-Wolves almost beating LAL prove? No one cares enough to hate Hornets or T-Wolves because they are a small market team with virtually no publicity.According to who, you? Don't make me laugh. You started a troll thread because you have nothing better to do than dog the Lakers. Grow up already. Find a hobby until the Magic get good again, preferably a long hobby. Caring isn't going crazy over a sport. At the end of the day, I barely care about any of this stuff. Unlike you, I don't need to obsess over a sports team to feel better about my favorite sports team losing. No one intelligent hates any team. To do so is absurd.

kobe4thewinbang
01-27-2013, 04:53 AM
Right, you just turn the channel to the Celtics' game.Yeah, I do. What's wrong with that?

ThaDubs
01-27-2013, 05:05 AM
Second off, you have Kobe and LAL all over your profile. You cared enough to spend your time doing so. You obviously care. Are you trying to say we have better things to do than release our emotions over a sport? That's so absurd. Also, what does Hornets and T-Wolves almost beating LAL prove? No one cares enough to hate Hornets or T-Wolves because they are a small market team with virtually no publicity.

You're both stupid, primarily you. The size of a team's market is irrelevant. OKC is small market, so are you saying that a win over OKC is basically the same as beating Hornets or Wolves? Also it's not that hard to make a simple signature and avatar. You're just lazy as **** or don't know how to do it.

mightybosstone
01-27-2013, 10:06 AM
According to who, you? Don't make me laugh. You started a troll thread because you have nothing better to do than dog the Lakers. Grow up already. Find a hobby until the Magic get good again, preferably a long hobby. Caring isn't going crazy over a sport. At the end of the day, I barely care about any of this stuff. Unlike you, I don't need to obsess over a sports team to feel better about my favorite sports team losing. No one intelligent hates any team. To do so is absurd.
I consider myself fairly intelligent. I hate the Lakers. Your point has been proven false.

mightybosstone
01-27-2013, 10:13 AM
One point I'd like to make, though, is that success in any professional sport is cyclical. The Lakers have been the most dominant team in the league since the 80s, but everyone forgets how mediocre they were in the 90s or 70s. Eventually this franchise will drop off again like all franchises do and they'll have to remember how to rebuild through the draft again. I'm guessing it will be sooner rather than later, especially if Dwight doesn't come back next season. So Lakers fans can enjoy thir success over the last 12-13 years, but they need to be realistic and realize that just because you're the Lakers and can woo free agents easier than most franchises does not somehow guarantee you a spot in the Finals every season.

Tony_Starks
01-27-2013, 11:10 AM
One point I'd like to make, though, is that success in any professional sport is cyclical. The Lakers have been the most dominant team in the league since the 80s, but everyone forgets how mediocre they were in the 90s or 70s. Eventually this franchise will drop off again like all franchises do and they'll have to remember how to rebuild through the draft again. I'm guessing it will be sooner rather than later, especially if Dwight doesn't come back next season. So Lakers fans can enjoy thir success over the last 12-13 years, but they need to be realistic and realize that just because you're the Lakers and can woo free agents easier than most franchises does not somehow guarantee you a spot in the Finals every season.

Lakers went to the finals in 91, won a chip in the 99-00 season, and went to the playoffs in between. I hardly call that mediocre.

But anyway I don't think you can compare the Lakers to any other team. How many teams can say they win at least one chip every decade?

mightybosstone
01-27-2013, 11:34 AM
Lakers went to the finals in 91, won a chip in the 99-00 season, and went to the playoffs in between. I hardly call that mediocre.
I was referring to the 90s teams post Magic and pre Kobe/Shaq. But technically if you want to make that argument, they never won a championship in the 90s. The 99-2000 team counts as a ring in the 2000s. And how many other Finals appearances did they have in that decade? A single finals appearance and no rings over a decade span is mediocre in my book, especially for the Lakers. There were half a dozen superior teams in the Western Conference in the 90s: Rockets, Jazz, Sonics, Suns, Spurs, etc.

But anyway I don't think you can compare the Lakers to any other team. How many teams can say they win at least one chip every decade?
Well, as I just pointed out, the Lakers HAVEN'T won a championship every decade. They did not win a ring in the 60s or 90s. And they only won one ring in the 70s (72), so really I would argue that they were only dominant in two decades out of the NBA's five most popular decades. The Celtics have been every bit as successful as the Lakers and I would argue moreso. They were dominant in the late 50s, the entire 60s, won more titles in the 70s, won three titles in the 80s and a title in the 2000s. But even the Celtics have had weak eras, particularly the 90s and early 2000s.

Hellcrooner
01-27-2013, 01:35 PM
Sure, why not?
btw, I think Op means "Prepotency"?

Heck im a Lakers fan and i usually feel ashamed of other Laker fans behaviour on psd, bad when losing ( even if not that frequent) , bad when winning.

So its kind of normal that other teams fanbases are happy.

It wont be for long tough, it never is with this team :D

B'sCeltsPatsSox
01-27-2013, 01:39 PM
Uh-huh, sure. Celtics ain't doing much better in a weaker conference. Believe it or not, I'm a fan of both teams. It's so childish how people cling to one team and trash others.

So because my team's bad I can't root against other teams? :sigh:

Wilson
01-27-2013, 01:59 PM
Sure, why not?

Heck im a Lakers fan and i usually feel ashamed of other Laker fans behaviour on psd, bad when losing ( even if not that frequent) , bad when winning.

You're just as bad! Especially with Barcelona :laugh2:

Anyway it isn't bad to be happy the Lakers are losing. I don't mean this to sound stupid and cocky but everyone dislikes teams that win so much. It's inevitable that those teams will get a load of crap when they suck, especially when they thought they were favourites for the championship, and even more so when they thought they were favourites because of a run-and-gun game built around a 38 year old point guard, center returning from back surgery and a starting five with an average age of 33.

So just enjoy it while it lasts I guess :cool: :p

RLundi
01-27-2013, 05:16 PM
Sure, why not?

Um no, I meant 'preponderance.' It means 'a lot or overwhelming.'

RLundi
01-27-2013, 05:17 PM
According to who, you? Don't make me laugh. You started a troll thread because you have nothing better to do than dog the Lakers. Grow up already. Find a hobby until the Magic get good again, preferably a long hobby. Caring isn't going crazy over a sport. At the end of the day, I barely care about any of this stuff. Unlike you, I don't need to obsess over a sports team to feel better about my favorite sports team losing. No one intelligent hates any team. To do so is absurd.

Actually, I started the thread :eyebrow:

kobe4thewinbang
01-27-2013, 10:37 PM
So because my team's bad I can't root against other teams? :sigh:You can, but it's weird.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
01-27-2013, 10:38 PM
You can, but it's weird.

So it's weird to root against my favorite team's rival? Okie dokie then.

flclfanman
01-27-2013, 10:39 PM
You can, but it's weird.

You didn't root against DAL or SA back when the Lakers sucked in 05-06? Human nature for sports fans. Misery loves company.

sventhedog
01-27-2013, 11:53 PM
yes. it's human nature. a lot of people, at a certain extent, would feel good for a good team to lose. sort of makes them feel better about themselves.

TrueFan420
01-27-2013, 11:58 PM

Spurs

Sssmush
01-28-2013, 12:05 AM
I hate the preponderance of Lakers threads as much as the next guy and I'm loathe to ever create a hate or bait thread, but I just can't help but feel vindicated, satisfied and just downright giddy that the Lakers are struggling. I've never ever had a vendetta against any non-rival team so this is strange for me. But the Magic suck and I need something to root for (or against) and this has sustained me.

Is this wrong? (Nothing personal Lakers fans)

Magic Johnson doesn't think it's wrong, and he is supposedly not just a Laker but "the Greatest Laker in History."

So you are certainly in great company.

OceanSpray
01-28-2013, 12:11 AM
Magic Johnson doesn't think it's wrong, and he is supposedly not just a Laker but "the Greatest Laker in History."

So you are certainly in great company.
Magic Johnson is ********. Great player, terrible analyst. Just like Shaq, he's pretty dumb.

b-ballistic
01-28-2013, 12:32 AM
I don't know if you could consider me a Laker "fan" or not anymore. They definitely are the team I want to see win the most as I was a fan for 35 years. Now, I mostly just love NBA basketball and even though I still love the Lakers, I really like a lot of other teams as well.

That said, I'm actually glad they've been struggling because they need the wake up call. They just assumed they were gonna be unbeatable with the famous names. But to win in the NBA, you have to hustle, night in and night out. It doesn't matter who you are......except Jordan (haha).

Good wake-up call......and I think they'll respond.........they're starting to now and even Kobe is passing the rock................whoa

OceanSpray
01-28-2013, 12:37 AM
I don't know if you could consider me a Laker "fan" or not anymore. They definitely are the team I want to see win the most as I was a fan for 35 years. Now, I mostly just love NBA basketball and even though I still love the Lakers, I really like a lot of other teams as well.

That said, I'm actually glad they've been struggling because they need the wake up call. They just assumed they were gonna be unbeatable with the famous names. But to win in the NBA, you have to hustle, night in and night out. It doesn't matter who you are......except Jordan (haha).

Good wake-up call......and I think they'll respond.........they're starting to now and even Kobe is passing the rock................whoa

Because Kobe figured out he was the problem.

thenaj17
01-28-2013, 06:08 AM
Haha as a Laker fan, i should be annoyed with this but i'd be exactly the same with a team i don't like. Can't stand the Pistons and love seeing them out the playoffs year after year (I do like Monroe though!)

Over Da Pence
01-28-2013, 06:30 AM
the lakers got their mojo back

sunsfan88
01-28-2013, 06:47 AM
Absolutely not.

Lakers have one of the most arrogant fan bases in all of sports and are a team that in a way likes to "buy" their players pointing at the big market, Hollywood, etc to try and get free agents. Not to mention that they have selfish players like Bryant who think their bigger than the game of basketball.

Also they rip off every team in every trade. It's so damn annoying and it's nice to see that a trade finally didn't go their way :D

kobe4thewinbang
01-28-2013, 09:01 AM
they rip off every team in every trade. It's so damn annoying and it's nice to see that a trade finally didn't go their way :DDon't blame the Lakers for swinging one-sided deals when the other teams are foolish enough to accept.

YankeesR#2
01-28-2013, 09:12 AM
Of course it isn't wrong to root against the lakers and their obnoxious front running fans just like it isn't wrong to root against the similary obnoxious yankee fans and their "Worst team money can buy" team.

At least the New York yankees won all their titles while the Los Angeles Lakers stole titles that belong in Minnesota. Might I add that California is not the "Land of 1000 lakes".

Some people think it's OK to root against the New England Patriots because they've been so successful though their fans are very good fans, most of whom also root for the Boston Red Sox.

Marlin234
01-28-2013, 09:33 AM
LeBron James.

But he got his ring now right?... Its okay to enjoy their failure. They are like the Patriots.

SanAntonioSpurs23
01-28-2013, 11:54 AM
No, aside from my team winning and Dallas losing theres nothing better.

leftymo
01-28-2013, 05:53 PM
Of course it isn't wrong to root against the lakers and their obnoxious front running fans just like it isn't wrong to root against the similary obnoxious yankee fans and their "Worst team money can buy" team.

At least the New York yankees won all their titles while the Los Angeles Lakers stole titles that belong in Minnesota. Might I add that California is not the "Land of 1000 lakes".

Some people think it's OK to root against the New England Patriots because they've been so successful though their fans are very good fans, most of whom also root for the Boston Red Sox.

The smart new yorkers left a long time ago... like the Dodgers & Giants...

leftymo
01-28-2013, 05:54 PM
Don't blame the Lakers for swinging one-sided deals when the other teams are foolish enough to accept.

I think your sig needs to be changed. Kobe: Listen Steve, you clearly can't play PG, so I'm going to pull a Nash and play your position for you... 14 dimes/game...

leftymo
01-28-2013, 05:56 PM
Absolutely not.

Also they rip off every team in every trade. It's so damn annoying and it's nice to see that a trade finally didn't go their way :D

It may seem that way, but it's not exactly true.

The Lakers traded away Marc Gasol along w/ a ton of stuff for Pau. Lakers won titles w/ Pau, but Marc is clearly better right now than Pau.

The Lakers back in the day traded Gary Payton & Rick Fox for Chucky Atkins, Chris Mihm... in that deal Payton refused to show up and LA was forced to deal its first round pick. Thanks to Phx giving it back, Boston then selected Rajon Rondo with the Lakers selection. That trade didn't exactly go the Lakers way.

Cracka2HI!
01-28-2013, 06:03 PM
Magic Johnson is ********. Great player, terrible analyst. Just like Shaq, he's pretty dumb.

Interesting. So he was smart enough outside of basektball to handle his money well enough to buy a stake in the most expensive sports team of all-time, yet to quote you he is "********". Hmmm Magic or the troll on the internet? Obvoiusly this brilliant troll is intelligent enough to call a multi-millionaire "********". I would bet he's worth about $250 million times more than you, but I would love to see a list of your accolades and accomplishments to prove me wrong! TROLL!!!

LAKERMANIA
01-28-2013, 06:11 PM
Interesting. So he was smart enough outside of basektball to handle his money well enough to buy a stake in the most expensive sports team of all-time, yet to quote you he is "********". Hmmm Magic or the troll on the internet? Obvoiusly this brilliant troll is intelligent enough to call a multi-millionaire "********". I would bet he's worth about $250 million times more than you, but I would love to see a list of your accolades and accomplishments to prove me wrong! TROLL!!!

Kim Kardashian is worth millions of dollars, does that automatically make her a genius?

XerxestheGreat
01-28-2013, 06:11 PM
Sure if your a hater....

If it wasn't for the Lakers some of you wouldn't even have a team in your city. Thank you to revenue sharing....

XerxestheGreat
01-28-2013, 06:17 PM
Kim Kardashian is worth millions of dollars, does that automatically make her a genius?

Yes, there are lot's of ladies with a nice butt, not all of them used it the right way to make millions....:rolleyes:

XerxestheGreat
01-28-2013, 06:18 PM

I like your sig...I want me some Kunis

Cracka2HI!
01-28-2013, 06:21 PM

I would bet she is also smarter than the troll I quoted, but that is a terrible analogy. How many athletes that have made Magic's money have stayed as successful as he has? How many have blown it all?

ThaDubs
01-28-2013, 06:22 PM
Absolutely not.

Lakers have one of the most arrogant fan bases in all of sports and are a team that in a way likes to "buy" their players pointing at the big market, Hollywood, etc to try and get free agents. Not to mention that they have selfish players like Bryant who think their bigger than the game of basketball.

Who's fault is that?

LAKERMANIA
01-28-2013, 06:32 PM
I would bet she is also smarter than the troll I quoted, but that is a terrible analogy. How many athletes that have made Magic's money have stayed as successful as he has? How many have blown it all?

The point is, you can be successful with money and still not be a great analyst..

Oldmantrash
01-28-2013, 06:40 PM
Sports wouldn't be the same without hate, crazy as it seems.

Every sports fan hates some team, if you are passionate enough about it.

I hate the Yankees,Braves, Patriots, Dolphins,Cowboys, Celtics, Lakers, and every Chicago team except the White sox.(lived there for a year, fans were unbearable)
Don't feel bad, it just makes games without anyones team in it more fun to watch.

Hawkeye15
01-28-2013, 07:39 PM

sympathetic? You have to be kidding me.

Cracka2HI!
01-28-2013, 07:45 PM
The point is, you can be successful with money and still not be a great analyst..

I can understand that, but I wasn't repsonding to an intelligent person who was making a rational point. To quote him "Magic Johnson is a ******".