PDA

View Full Version : Rudy Gay to the Lakers, Pau Gasol to the Celtics, and Paul Pierce to the Grizzlies??

mbsalame123
01-26-2013, 03:22 PM
Well, in case you haven't heard it? The lakers, grizzlies, and celtics might have a trade in the works or at least a trade that looks to good to be true.

http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/dime-130125-26/nba-scouts-saying-now

Read the 2nd one about the eastern conference.

This would be amazing for all 3 teams in my opinion, what do u think?

KOBE24
01-26-2013, 03:27 PM
As a lakers fan I want Pierce instead of Gay... shorter contract

DanG
01-26-2013, 03:28 PM
Not gonna happen.

Gay is inefficient, he can play defense, but he's not consistant at it

Also he has a big 3year contract that would mess up our 2014 plan.

Green_Monster
01-26-2013, 03:30 PM
This trade has no legitimate source or backing behind it.

DanG
01-26-2013, 03:31 PM
Gasol to the Celtics LOL.

shep33
01-26-2013, 03:35 PM
Gasol on Boston would be scary. What does Boston lack right now? 21st in ppg and 29th in rebounding. They get a top 5 center (yes when he plays center he's top 5 in the NBA imo). I would just about guarantee that Pau would put up 18 and 11 with Boston.

Rondo
Bradley/Lee/Terry
Green
KG
Pau

That's a pretty nasty starting 5 right there.

Don't like it for LAL at all though. It makes sense for the Grizz if they want to shed money, but they're playing well, so no need to.

JNoel
01-26-2013, 03:37 PM
LOL. Not happening.

shep33
01-26-2013, 03:40 PM
Yeah, the deal won't happen though, just another rumor

BradytoGronkTD
01-26-2013, 03:42 PM
I cannot see the C's ever trading Pierce

JNoel
01-26-2013, 03:43 PM
This should be merged with the trade speculation thread.

This really doesn't make sense for Memphis, why would they trade for an older free-falling SF with just as bad a contract?

shep33
01-26-2013, 03:44 PM
I cannot see the C's ever trading Pierce

Yeah, I agree

celtics 34
01-26-2013, 03:51 PM
This should be merged with the trade speculation thread.

This really doesn't make sense for Memphis, why would they trade for an older free-falling SF with just as bad a contract?

Because only 4 mil of his contract is guaranteed next season

TheNumber37
01-26-2013, 03:51 PM
gay would be great in L.A. and pierce could actually be a true leader in Memphis. the dude closed 2 games poorly and they are ready to move him?

I don't see Boston Doing this.. for a banged up Gasol who is supposed to be their enemy? that would put Green in the starting lineup?

I think Boston is just better off trading directly for Gasol with Green and terry as center pieces. get a 3rd team to absorb something for a trade exception .

TheNumber37
01-26-2013, 03:52 PM
celtics would be without a true closer which won't get you throuh the tough D in the playoffs.

JNoel
01-26-2013, 03:53 PM
Because only 4 mil of his contract is guaranteed next season

Is it the last year of his contract? I thought he recently signed a 3 year deal but I'm not sure, anyways that would make more sense.

ManRam
01-26-2013, 03:56 PM
Rudy Gay: The Lakers Savior!

:laugh:

This seems way too farfetched. I don't think it makes too much sense for any of the three teams.

celtics 34
01-26-2013, 04:00 PM
Is it the last year of his contract? I thought he recently signed a 3 year deal but I'm not sure, anyways that would make more sense.

Yup the last year which is why the celtics aren't really looking that agressively to make a deal to trade him before the deadline last year wasnt guaranteed

kozelkid
01-26-2013, 04:02 PM
I like it for everyone EXCEPT LA. :laugh2:

But I do see the logic that LA is looking for which is small ball around Dwight. It's too bad they don't realize that Rudy Gay is quite overrated.

Hellcrooner
01-26-2013, 04:06 PM
i cant really picture celtics and lakers doing a trade in wich they are taking the risk of the other team winning the ring because of it.

Pistol_Pete
01-26-2013, 04:12 PM
This seems like a weird trade to me. Sure, it's strange for the Lakers and Celtics to deal with each other, but as long as it's a good business deal, I can see them doing it.

I don't really see how it helps though. Even though he sometimes doesn't play like it, I think Gasol is a great player. I don't think him for Gay is an even match, and he's contract isn't attractive. I also can't see Memphis giving up a 26 year old player for a 35 year old player. And I don't know why the Celtics would dump Pierce for Gasol -- it probably make sense, but it seems like something they wouldn't do.

I think the unsubstantiated rumor of Kevin Love to LA, Dwight to Brooklyn, and Lopez to Minn. is a deal that works better and makes more sense for the teams.

Hawkeye15
01-26-2013, 04:14 PM
this is just a rumor. The Lakers won't take on that longer deal, it would hurt their plan of shedding salary by 2014.

Hawkeye15
01-26-2013, 04:14 PM
This seems like a weird trade to me. Sure, it's strange for the Lakers and Celtics to deal with each other, but as long as it's a good business deal, I can see them doing it.

I don't really see how it helps though. Even though he sometimes doesn't play like it, I think Gasol is a great player. I don't think him for Gay is an even match, and he's contract isn't attractive. I also can't see Memphis giving up a 26 year old player for a 35 year old player. And I don't know why the Celtics would dump Pierce for Gasol -- it probably make sense, but it seems like something they wouldn't do.

I think the unsubstantiated rumor of Kevin Love to LA, Dwight to Brooklyn, and Lopez to Minn. is a deal that works better and makes more sense for the teams.

as a Wolves fan, um, no, this doesn't make more sense.

LakersKB24
01-26-2013, 04:15 PM
i cant really picture celtics and lakers doing a trade in wich they are taking the risk of the other team winning the ring because of it.

This.

And as already mentioned, they would lose their flexibility in 2014. Wouldn't make much sense, but hey, it's Jimmy so who the **** knows.

iam brett favre
01-26-2013, 04:17 PM
You should definitely add a ? to the title.

mbsalame123
01-26-2013, 04:17 PM
Remember the trade rumors last year that had rajon rondo heading to the lakers for pau gasol and we all made fun of that, well this one actually makes sense. replace rondo with pierce and you've got yourself a possible deal.

Paul Pierce has only 5 million dollars of that 3 year contract guaranteed for the next 3 years and the grizzlies are all about saving money while staying competitive. they would save money while also getting a much better player than rudy gay who would put them in win now mode for the next 2 years and if things don't work out they still saved money. Pierce brings experience and is a go to scorer that will take over the game and has shown that he can win games for teams in the past.

Rudy Gay playing with the lakers would be amazing. playing small ball around dwight howard has worked in the past or at least leaving the paint wide open for the big man to work down low is amazing. Steve Nash and Mike D'ntoni have played with a big man almost as dominant as dwight howard (amare stoudamire), however they had that 1 other guy that was playing out of position, a little undersized for the power forward but fit really well with amare, and that was shawn marion, which rudy gay would fit in to that role this time around as well. The suns had the potential but never made it because they didn't have that go to scorer, well maybe this time they do in kobe bryant and this could get them going. having gay, who brings tremendous defense and an amazing athletic slasher, who fits in with nash and the lakers system would be amazing. gay matches up with the other small lineups in the NBA, the heat, knicks, and even the thunder run with small lineups at the end of games, it's becoming a trend now a days.

the celtics get rid of one of the franchises greatest players and a player that has commited his life to celtics for his whole career in paul pierce, however they begin the rebuild around rajon rondo and get the size they have been searching for. pairing garnett with gasol down low would be dangerous and allowing jeff green, courtney lee and others to thrive at the 3 would begin the rebuild for the celtics while keeping them competitive right now.

I like it for all 3, however its too good to be true. others would have to be involved like jodie meeks to the celtics (solve the 3 point shooting issue for the celtics, a cheap shooter), and others involved as well.

Sportfan
01-26-2013, 04:31 PM
Honestly, I wouldn't too pissed about this

Hawkeye15
01-26-2013, 04:31 PM

This trade wouldn't mean a ring for either team. Hell, the Lakers will need to get on fire to just make the playoffs, the Celtics offense is putrid, and they stand minimal chance of getting out of round 1. Gay is not that good, the Lakers would be dumping salary, and Gasol is not the piece that the C's are missing to climb multiple spots and have an offense.

SanAntonioSpurs23
01-26-2013, 04:39 PM
Lol KoMe and Gay on the same team chucking up shots?!?! Howard would never touch the ball. Do it Mitch!!!!

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-26-2013, 04:40 PM
holy ****, I was scared that this was done deal

Raps18-19 Champ
01-26-2013, 04:42 PM
Change the title. It's misleading. I thought the deal was already done.

Avenged
01-26-2013, 04:45 PM
An inefficient to mediocre scorer (Gay) to pair with Colby and Dwight? With the way Dwight has come out complaining about his shots, I don't think this will be a good trade at all, talent aside because Pau is better than him. At the end of the day, the goal is to keep Howard, not drive him away.

Oh and Pau to the Celtics has got to be a joke.

Hunter48MVP
01-26-2013, 04:49 PM
This is a horrible trade. Thats what we need another player taking away shots attempts from Howard

CaptainClutch
01-26-2013, 04:57 PM
Dude its just an idea....no need to start a thread like this for something you read on the Daily Dime.

D-Leethal
01-26-2013, 05:03 PM
I think Gay's inefficiency is largely in part to his role on the team as a half court catch and shoot guy off the inside play of the Marc/Zbo tandem. If you put him in a system that meshes with his skillset better he will be more efficient. I like the trade for LA and Memphis. Pierce would be killer on that team. I have trouble seeing Gasol mesh with the personalities of Rondo and KG.

beasted86
01-26-2013, 05:18 PM
Not gonna happen.

Gay is inefficient, he can play defense, but he's not consistant at it

Also he has a big 3year contract that would mess up our 2014 plan.

What 2014 plan?

I'm seriously not trying to sound like a troll Laker hater or anything, but no top 10 player in their right mind would outright sign with the Lakers in 2014 via capspace after seeing how this team has blown it with a roster as talented as currently constructed.

A building block core of Rudy Gay and Howard and a little capspace to add another piece is far better than whatever imaginary scenario you are dreaming would happen in 2014.

But I digress, this trade isn't happening. 0% chance.

unwantedplayer
01-26-2013, 05:27 PM
An inefficient to mediocre scorer (Gay) to pair with Colby and Dwight? With the way Dwight has come out complaining about his shots, I don't think this will be a good trade at all, talent aside because Pau is better than him. At the end of the day, the goal is to keep Howard, not drive him away.

Oh and Pau to the Celtics has got to be a joke.

Colby?

HowFit
01-26-2013, 05:40 PM
wow, if Celts could add Gasol...

KniCks4LiFe
01-26-2013, 05:42 PM
Gay isn't a halfcourt-ish player. His strengths is a run n' gun system. He can dribble, his shot selection is poor, he should be using his post up ability as an advantage but doesn't. I think him and the Lakers or Warriors or Wizards or Nuggets makes sense. He's still young and finishes a fastbreak.

Super.
01-26-2013, 05:52 PM
Gasol on Boston would be scary. What does Boston lack right now? 21st in ppg and 29th in rebounding. They get a top 5 center (yes when he plays center he's top 5 in the NBA imo). I would just about guarantee that Pau would put up 18 and 11 with Boston.

Rondo
Bradley/Lee/Terry
Green
KG
Pau

That's a pretty nasty starting 5 right there.

Don't like it for LAL at all though. It makes sense for the Grizz if they want to shed money, but they're playing well, so no need to.

KG would still play Center. Pau would play PF.

I don't like this. Celtics should blow it up and go young. Start Sullinger

mbsalame123
01-26-2013, 06:00 PM
KG would still play Center. Pau would play PF.

I don't like this. Celtics should blow it up and go young. Start Sullinger

I think that is what the celtics are trying to get at. They rebuild but have KG and Gasol there for the next 2 years to keep things competitive and then they blow it all up. trading pierce would start it. next year Gasol and KG are going to attract plenty with their expiring contracts and veteran experience.

I like this trade, and although it doesn't seem like anything, the fact that every one is going crazy over it and their are thousands of articles written about it, look at the past few hours, this could be a legit rumor to be taken seriously.

but at the end of the day I see the grizzlies trading rudy gay for possibly paul pierce or to another team and I see the lakers trading pau gasol to the raptors for andrea bargnani, linas klieza, and kyle lowry.

We will just have to wait and see but I can see 2 of these 3 players getting traded along with another big name superstar Josh Smith and also paul milsap. we will have to wait but expect more of these rumors to come up, this is the year of the B type stars, the players you pair with a superstar to be the 2nd best player on the team. There isn't one superstar on the trade block that you can build around this year, but there is definitely plenty of superstars that could lead a team with another superstar to help him.

Blitzace137
01-26-2013, 06:03 PM
I think Gay's inefficiency is largely in part to his role on the team as a half court catch and shoot guy off the inside play of the Marc/Zbo tandem. If you put him in a system that meshes with his skillset better he will be more efficient. I like the trade for LA and Memphis. Pierce would be killer on that team. I have trouble seeing Gasol mesh with the personalities of Rondo and KG.

good Post this is my thinking as well. If his role is changed he'll be more inefficient imo

greg_ory_2005
01-26-2013, 06:05 PM
I can't see the Celts trading Pierce, especially to get a Laker.

OceanSpray
01-26-2013, 06:08 PM
Boston would never trade PP. Especially for Gasol..

mbsalame123
01-26-2013, 06:18 PM
I am starting to think that this was a waste of a thread and that this trade won't happen hahahha I just think rudy gay and pau gasol will get traded and I thought this trade idea seemed cool so I got caught away with the speculation.

However, the thing that intrigued me was how last year pierce almost got traded to the nets and also memphis and boston has been known to working with each other in deals like this, they basically traded ray allen to the grizzlies last year, if it wasn't for the time constraints which gave them not enough time to get the deal done before the trade deadline. however, I see all 3 of these teams making a trade, possibly the grizzlies trading rudy gay to the wizards or standing pat and the lakers trading pau gasol to the raptors while the celtics trade for marcin gortat and jared dudley.

We will wait and see but this is getting crazy!

LAKobeBryant
01-26-2013, 06:26 PM
lol you just copied the lakers forum thread.

Losoway
01-26-2013, 07:47 PM
celtics arent ever trading paul pierce. sorry

LAcowBOMBER
01-26-2013, 07:59 PM
What 2014 plan?

I'm seriously not trying to sound like a troll Laker hater or anything, but no top 10 player in their right mind would outright sign with the Lakers in 2014 via capspace after seeing how this team has blown it with a roster as talented as currently constructed.

A building block core of Rudy Gay and Howard and a little capspace to add another piece is far better than whatever imaginary scenario you are dreaming would happen in 2014.

But I digress, this trade isn't happening. 0% chance.

New coach by then, Healthy Dwight if he re-signs or room for another max, Kobe will be retiring or having a reduced role, and it's a huge market and could become that free agents team

But back to the thread topic, Mitch doesn't get ripped off in trades, he does the ripping off. (can't stand the term trade rape)

LakersIn5
01-26-2013, 08:02 PM
if this happens and lakers trade dwight for love then damn! gay love in LA!

Leftcoast_yg
01-26-2013, 08:09 PM
celtics arent ever trading paul pierce. sorry

says the guy on my sig

mzgrizz
01-26-2013, 08:50 PM
Bunch of bull crap