PDA

View Full Version : Starting to like Lebron??

monzternipz12
01-26-2013, 10:31 AM
I just watched a video of Lebron tackling a guy in celebration after heaving up a $75k shot. Then I see him in karaoke with Wade. This dude is laid back as hell but still kills on the court. I might get in trouble for this but has anyone started to like Lebron James?? Did you go from purely hating Lebron to somewhat tolerating him?? Yes, his ESPN special announcing his Miami signing was quite douchey but other than that, what's really there to hate?? The man can dominate every position, treats his fans pretty well, and does some charity work. What more can you ask for from a superstar? You mad bc he didn't sign with your team bc I'm sure you would've loved him if he did? (some Bulls/Knicks fans)

Im_in_Mia_bish
01-26-2013, 10:33 AM
:catfight: in 3,2,1...

greg_ory_2005
01-26-2013, 10:35 AM
Cool

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-26-2013, 10:42 AM
I love LeBron.

BcEuAbRsS
01-26-2013, 10:48 AM
I think he's had a wake up call with all the bad pub he got a few years ago. You could tell he didn't enjoy being the villain...

SanAntonioSpurs23
01-26-2013, 10:49 AM
**** Lebron......

BALLER R
01-26-2013, 10:51 AM
I have. I use to hate lebron but mainly it was his fans that would make you hate him. But I've notice he matured on the court and I actually like him.

Borough
01-26-2013, 10:58 AM
He's always been a cool guy, sure the decision was douchey just because of the fact that he was important enough and above the rest of the league so he could do something like that, but it all ended up going to charity.

Im_in_Mia_bish
01-26-2013, 10:58 AM
lol when i saw the shot, i was like OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH and jumped up. natural reaction by bron.

i guess people dont like arod because he shows no "emotion" for the game. moments like these is what is needed by all athletes. make them seem more human and less machine.

Tony_Starks
01-26-2013, 11:19 AM
Always liked him, never been a hater. Great player and seems like a cool dude. Contrary to the psd stereotype a lot of Laker fans actually like Lebron. We only get riled up with some Lebron fans that can't just let him be great without throwing Kobe under the bus......

LongIslandIcedZ
01-26-2013, 11:26 AM
I never disliked his personality. Sure, he may be a bit arrogant, but with that talent who wouldnt be? I disliked him because of the decision he made, and how the whole situation went down. He seems like a good guy and a good guy to get a beer with.

Sly Guy
01-26-2013, 11:29 AM
people can change, and maybe he has. But it was still a seriously dick move to do what he did to cleveland.

Big Zo
01-26-2013, 11:38 AM
This guy became the most hated athlete on the planet for the stupidest reason anyone can possibly think of.

homestarunner93
01-26-2013, 11:39 AM
I just watched a video of Lebron tackling a guy in celebration after heaving up a $75k shot. Then I see him in karaoke with Wade. This dude is laid back as hell but still kills on the court. I might get in trouble for this but has anyone started to like Lebron James?? Did you go from purely hating Lebron to somewhat tolerating him?? Yes, his ESPN special announcing his Miami signing was quite douchey but other than that, what's really there to hate?? The man can dominate every position, treats his fans pretty well, and does some charity work. What more can you ask for from a superstar? You mad bc he didn't sign with your team bc I'm sure you would've loved him if he did? (some Bulls/Knicks fans)

This is what I've said ever since he signed with Miami. I've always liked him. He's a phenomenal player, and he did nothing wrong.

Eagles710
01-26-2013, 11:41 AM
ill be honest, i hated him for a while after the decison thing... But Short after that season was done, he is impossible to hate, if you watch basketball, you have to love LBJ, HE IS BASKETBALL lol .... But truth is you wont get many people to admit they like him, or even admit they hated him, here at the amazing PSD where everyone is right lol

sep11ie
01-26-2013, 11:49 AM
mmmmmmmmkay

Chronz
01-26-2013, 11:52 AM
I always liked Bron, but yea those were heart softening moments that make me like him even more. Reminds me of Shaq, whom Ive always loved.

ATX
01-26-2013, 11:57 AM
I don't think the Cavs deserved to have him in retrospect, seeing as how they never put anything decent around him in 7 long years, plus their fans wretched treatment of him and the unbelievably unprofessional Dan Gilbert letter when LeBron decided Titles were paramount. He didn't seem to get as much hate from LA as the two emotionally spurned cites of Chicago and New York. Holy hell, so much crying after he chose not to play for the Bulls and Knicks, fueling the hate from 2 of the top 3 markets in the country. LBJ is still the same person, it's just that it gets hard to hold onto useless obsessive hate for a man that has done no real wrong. I'm sure some will hold onto the hate, but it's nice that most are coming around to the idea that he's not such a bad guy after-all.

og knick
01-26-2013, 12:14 PM
Still hate Lebron and Lebron INC ... The hug thing was really cool and it's not like he's an evil person or anything..and if he just had love for the game and stuck to basketball I would probably love and respect him..But he's a kind of dud personality wise and an ugly dude trying to be a marketing guy like jordan.. when he is not.
Things I hate about the dude..
- That corny *** chalk thing he does before games.( does he still do that?)
- That he came out saying he wanted to be a billionaire athlete before he really proved his basketball worth.
- That he didn't want to build his team for a championship.
- That i feel his sponsors put pressure on stern to give him calls.
- all those blatant flops that just stopped this season.
- When Him , wade and bosh play dress up and carry purses and look like complete_________!
- That his sponsors invest so much money in him that I think they direct him in non pure basketball directions and put presure on him to not just be himself .... reminds me of rocky trying to do all those commercials in rocky 2 .

Over all I see him like a wilt chamberlain type of guy.. amazing talent but not an amazing drive to win. Might get one more championship but not up to all the damn hype ... which would be damn fine if he just focused on b ball only.

Nope still hate lebron Inc and he should stick to ball and be more like Malone off the court.. quite and real.

ghettosean
01-26-2013, 12:19 PM
I still don't like him...

He promised Cleveland he would never leave until he won them a championship then he dipped out on them to join with Wade and Bosh to form a super team in order to win a ring.

The little tackle he did means nothing to me really... He George Bush kissed babies but I still think he's a douche too.

http://www.albany.com/byesline/check%20my%20stats2.jpg

ghettosean
01-26-2013, 12:21 PM
Still hate Lebron and Lebron INC ... The hug thing was really cool and it's not like he's an evil person or anything..and if he just had love for the game and stuck to basketball I would probably love and respect him..But he's a kind of dud personality wise and an ugly dude trying to be a marketing guy like jordan.. when he is not.
- That he came out saying he wanted to be a billionaire athlete before he really proved his basketball worth.
- When Him , wade and bosh play dress up and carry purses and look like complete_________!
- That his sponsors invest so much money in him that I think they direct him in non pure basketball directions and put presure on him to not just be himself .... reminds me of rocky trying to do all those commercials in rocky 2 .

Over all I see him like a wilt chamberlain type of guy.. amazing talent but not an amazing drive to win. Might get one more championship but not up to all the damn hype ... which would be damn fine if he just focused on b ball only.

Nope still hate lebron Inc and he should stick to ball and be more like Malone off the court.. quite and real.

You hit it more on the nose for me I just used one example but yeah...

This!

Hardaway Here
01-26-2013, 12:34 PM
I still don't like him...

He promised Cleveland he would never leave until he won them a championship then he dipped out on them to join with Wade and Bosh to form a super team in order to win a ring.

The little tackle he did means nothing to me really... He George Bush kissed babies but I still think he's a douche too.

http://www.albany.com/byesline/check%20my%20stats2.jpg

I'm not saying you guys have to like the guy, but the hate you have for a person you don't even know is just sad. This jut leads me to believe there is nothing significant in your life so you spend all your passion hating a person you will never meet smh.

ghettosean
01-26-2013, 12:40 PM
I'm not saying you guys have to like the guy, but the hate you have for a person you don't even know is just sad. This jut leads me to believe there is nothing significant in your life so you spend all your passion hating a person you will never meet smh.

First off I said I don't like him not hate him...

I don't like Vince Carter for what he did to Toronto... I don't have to meet him to not like him for the PUBLIC DISGRACES he has pulled on the city of Toronto.

Tell me this...

You are telling me you like a person you have never met and I can't dislike someone I have never met based on there public actions and displays (which is what I do know about them).

GTFO!!! LOL!!!

b@llhog24
Neutral.

monzternipz12

I actually can't disagree with some of this. But can you blame him? How many ppl in this world would not try to make as much $$ as possible in his situation? Its not his fault the media kept sucking his *****. Did he really burn Cleveland? I don't think so. If derrick rose dipped after 7-8 yrs of his front office failing to surround him with a competent team, then he has a right to peace out. And that goes for any star athlete. You don't think Kobe would've dipped if they didn't get Phil or Shaquille or any other part of their dynasty teams? Now for the business aspect, IT'S BUSINESS. You create a brand to MAKE $$$ and you cut anyone's throat to do it. Can't blame him. Look at Jordan, all those things you mentioned can easily be applied to the almighty Michael Jordan. If you think about it, he's probably top douche of all douches but he was just smarter about it by having ppl falling in love with his swag.

Big Zo
01-26-2013, 12:42 PM
First off I said I don't like him not hate him...

I don't like Vince Carter for what he did to Toronto... I don't have to meet him to not like him for the PUBLIC DISGRACES he has pulled on the city of Toronto.

Tell me this...

You are telling me you like a person you have never met and I can't dislike someone I have never met based on there public actions and displays (which is what I do know about them).

GTFO!!! LOL!!!

"I see you's a free agent. Ghettosean don't like no free agents."

ATX
01-26-2013, 12:47 PM

-Calling him "Ugly" as a reason you dislike him is a little weird, don't you think?
-I could really care less about the chalk toss, though it certainly doesn't bother me one little bit.
-He said he wanted to be a billionaire...Who doesn't? Besides, he's well on his way.
-Didn't want to build his team for a championship? What on earth are you talking about? The Cavs organization couldn't provide him that in 7 long years, and besides who in their right mind would willingly want to play in Cleveland? At least he took them to the Finals...
-You feel his sponsors influence Stern and thus the refs?? C'mon man, take the tin foil hat off.
-I'm not going to argue fashion choices on a sports forum, and I don't care.
-Not a will to win? Why did he leave Cleveland if not to win? Besides from getting out of that dreadful city of course. He took a HUGE hit just to try to win.
-At 28 you think he's only going to get 1 more championship? TBD, but he's got plenty of time.

ghettosean
01-26-2013, 12:48 PM
"I see you's a free agent. Ghettosean don't like no free agents."

Vince Carter wasn't a free agent when he left Toronto... He was on a long term contract... Do your homework son!

og knick
01-26-2013, 12:58 PM
In reply to the bulls guy but I don't know how to do the quote thing.. sorry.

No doubt your right ... and I've hated Jordan for the mental anguish and pain and suffering he put me through back in the 90's ...
The difference between born and Jordan is that..1) jordan fit the marketable guy mold more and was ( is ) more real in that and 2) that bastard wanted to win more than most people I have met in any walk of life at all. 3) Jordan proved his worth on the court and then the endorsements came .

Bron is probably more likable than Jordan in person.

It's kinda really a statement of where sports are at right now that Sponsors have such a say in how the sport is run. That thing with stern fining pops cause the sponsors complained... and people don't think stern pulls the strings with foul calls?

And heat fan hardaway guy... this is a fun internet forum... I don't hate from the bottom of my heart and really don't give a **** about any basketball player the same way they don't give a **** about me.... but thanks for worrying about significant things in my life and bringing some morality to the thread....stay cool bro!

Eagles710
01-26-2013, 01:00 PM

This is an Epic Show Of love that you actually have for lebron lol... You Looked way to deep into it, i think someone has a lil man crush :)

justinnum1
01-26-2013, 01:03 PM
A lot of petty answers in here

Knick_Fever
01-26-2013, 01:09 PM
He's the best player in the game, his personality has no effect on me whatsoever.

I Rock Shaqs
01-26-2013, 01:20 PM

What did you think he did, have sex with underage girls and not call them back? Beat up kids and do cocaine on the side?

lvlheaded
01-26-2013, 01:22 PM
I don't like LeBron, but I don't not like him, and I have the utmost respect for him as a player.

As a Knicks fan, I hate the Heat though and this LeBron by association

ManRam
01-26-2013, 01:23 PM
He's always been this fun-loving...even in his early Cleveland fan. I think now that he's won, and now that his greatness is undeniable, more people are starting to just enjoy it.

Really, the only major hiccup he's had in terms of personality and likability (unless you just hate him because he's good or because of his fans...which are understandable) is The Decision. Besides that, he's always been a likable guy off the court.

NYYCowboys
01-26-2013, 01:31 PM
I'm starting to hate him less I'll admit, but unless he goes to another team I don't think I will ever like him.

Chill_Will_24
01-26-2013, 01:52 PM
Always said the hate on him was unwarranted.

You stars in the NBA with drug charges, manslaughter charges, domestic abuse cases, rape, fights, drama, and all type of other crap. Yet Lebron who you cannot even find a speeding ticket on, is hated even though the guy is a family man who is great to his fans and i cannot remember even hearing the guy curse.

GoferKing_
01-26-2013, 01:53 PM
I don't give a **** about him. Not hot nor cold. ;]

blastmasta26
01-26-2013, 01:59 PM
I've never hated LeBron, always been a bit indifferent to him. Moments like these make me like him more though.

sammyvine
01-26-2013, 02:02 PM
He's always been a cool guy, sure the decision was douchey just because of the fact that he was important enough and above the rest of the league so he could do something like that, but it all ended up going to charity.

Not so sure about that. Seen numerous videos when he just ignored his own heat fans who ask for autographs while other players sign for fans.
Yes I no he doesn't have to sign but it proves he's not one of the nicer guys. I always see KD and CP3 sign.

sammyvine
01-26-2013, 02:04 PM
He's always been this fun-loving...even in his early Cleveland fan. I think now that he's won, and now that his greatness is undeniable, more people are starting to just enjoy it.

Really, the only major hiccup he's had in terms of personality and likability (unless you just hate him because he's good or because of his fans...which are understandable) is The Decision. Besides that, he's always been a likable guy off the court.

How? KD an DRose are so much nicer and actually greet fans!

IgglesFanInCO
01-26-2013, 02:06 PM
Ive always loved him, love watching his play, its just so fun to see a guy legitimately dominate a game, that term gets thrown around so much but he can truly take control of a game

Didnt even dislike him for the decision, thought it was overblown, Cleveland didnt go all out to try and put a serviceable team around him and he gave them plenty of time to do that, Cleveland fans should hate their management not lebron

This dude loves the game and dominates it, fun to watch, fun to follow, good guy

Im_in_Mia_bish
01-26-2013, 02:07 PM
Wade, LeBron, KD, and Rose are good ambassadors to the game of Basketball.
I'm sure there are others as well, but those 4 come to mind.

nirvana235
01-26-2013, 02:07 PM
Lebron's much easier to like since he's never raped anybody.

JeffG20
01-26-2013, 02:09 PM
at this point, there are many more players deserving of my hate then Lebron.

Dade County
01-26-2013, 02:15 PM
ummm yeah, I think his a sataness... So he has to change that part of his life,

bucketss
01-26-2013, 02:28 PM
i never hated any player except those who screw my team ie:rupaul,wince,and the ball boy turk.

bucketss
01-26-2013, 02:35 PM

you need to stop watching basketball like a female man.

Max.This
01-26-2013, 02:38 PM
No problem with LeBron just the HEAT fans that are obnoxious and cocky for no reason

BKdoubleStacker
01-26-2013, 02:41 PM
The heat fans on here make it really hard to like lebron

however, ive always liked lebron.

I remember his rookie year, I wrote lebron james on my PE shorts in the name slot lol

CubbieKid17
01-26-2013, 02:44 PM
I've been a fan of him since he was in high school. I remember thinking back that he was going to be a superstar in the NBA the year before he was drafted. I was mad when he signed with the Heat, but ultimately got over it and was really happy for him when he won his first Championship. Dude is entertaining as hell to watch and I'm not even a huge basketball fan anymore.

ztilzer31
01-26-2013, 03:54 PM
The Heat fans have to be cocky in order to defend off all the dumbass Laker fans.

I became a Heat fan because of how people were being so damn stupid. 75% of this forum were even saying at one point that Lebron isn't a top 5 player (proves how stupid the NBA forum is).

You're right about people loving it if he was on their team. Just like the Laker population that hated Dwight tell they got him... Now they're stuck with them. 70 win maybe? LOL.

Rain City
01-26-2013, 03:55 PM
lebron is a good guy, what he did to CLE was dirty, it drives me nuts all the MJ comparisons, but he is without a doubt the most talented player in the L, one of the greats of all time, and a great ambassador of the sport.

bucketss
01-26-2013, 03:57 PM
The Heat fans have to be cocky in order to defend off all the dumbass Laker fans.

I became a Heat fan because of how people were being so damn stupid. 75% of this forum were even saying at one point that Lebron isn't a top 5 player (proves how stupid the NBA forum is).

You're right about people loving it if he was on their team. Just like the Laker population that hated Dwight tell they got him... Now they're stuck with them. 70 win maybe? LOL.

haters go to the point of making up stuff like the 'clutch gene, and 'the look. lol wth is that you mean to tell me people are born clutch? and no matter how much you go off if you don't have the LOOK in your eyes it doesn't mean much smh.

TmacBryant
01-26-2013, 04:02 PM
I think he has matured a lot. I guess I like that O.O

TheSource
01-26-2013, 04:18 PM
I've disliked Lebron for two reasons; one being how overhyped he was so early in his career, and the way in which he left Cleveland.

I've always liked his style of play and his easy-going, humorous personality off the court.

monzternipz12
01-26-2013, 04:20 PM
I probably should have made the thread about how your view of him has changed since "the decision"

Hawkeye15
01-26-2013, 04:21 PM
I was indifferent to him until around 4-5 years ago, when fans started turning on him. His last year in Cleveland I was pulling for him, even though I knew he didn't have the team to win it all. After he went to Miami, and became the most hated athlete in history, I started pulling for him big time.

Never understood it. Guy doesn't seem like an a-hole, seems laid back, and cool. On top of that, why hate a player who in 20 years, you will be telling your kids about as the best player you ever saw most likely?

Im_in_Mia_bish
01-26-2013, 04:22 PM
still cant believe people call heat fans cocky after what the heat fans had to endure in 2010. lol

its so amusing to me.

Hawkeye15
01-26-2013, 04:23 PM
I probably should have made the thread about how your view of him has changed since "the decision"

The only view change I have is that I think all his haters should just shut up now. He got over the hill, whats your excuse now?

Mudvayne91
01-26-2013, 04:24 PM
you need to stop watching basketball like a female man.

What's a female man? Transgender?

Hawkeye15
01-26-2013, 04:25 PM
I've disliked Lebron for two reasons; one being how overhyped he was so early in his career, and the way in which he left Cleveland.

I've always liked his style of play and his easy-going, humorous personality off the court.

Has he not met, or even surpassed the hype though? Shouldn't that mean you just let it go, and the media actually started drooling over a 16 year old who fulfilled his expectations and more?

The way he left Cleveland will always bug a lot of people, and I get why. But athletes, young men, make mistakes.

BKdoubleStacker
01-26-2013, 04:26 PM
still cant believe people call heat fans cocky after what the heat fans had to endure in 2010. lol

its so amusing to me.

you mean the "you mad?" propaganda and trolls that rose from when lebron went to MIA?

I am not lumping all the heat fans into one; but I am also not going to name names. Everyone knows who they are

Hawkeye15
01-26-2013, 04:28 PM
you mean the "you mad?" propaganda and trolls that rose from when lebron went to MIA?

Heat fans, without question, took more **** from the posters in here than they dished out. The "You Mad" response basically came from them becoming sick of defending their team, who was public enemy #1.

I can't believe so many of you forget how much of a witch hunt against Heat fans this site was for an entire 1.5 years.

BKdoubleStacker
01-26-2013, 04:29 PM

thats called bandwagoning

bucketss
What's a female man? Transgender?

what are you talking about,man.

Im_in_Mia_bish

I am not lumping all the heat fans into one; but I am also not going to name names. Everyone knows who they are

that, and also the 9-8 start, all the lebron jokes, calling every single heat fan a bandwagoner, it was frustrating. i personally wouldnt rub it in anyones face on purpose, but i wouldnt hold the fans who retaliated at fault.

but i do agree that some heat fans make the whole fanbase look bad, but we all know every fanbase has a few of them.

Schulte212
01-26-2013, 04:31 PM
**** Lebron......

This

monzternipz12
01-26-2013, 04:31 PM
Has he not met, or even surpassed the hype though? Shouldn't that mean you just let it go, and the media actually started drooling over a 16 year old who fulfilled his expectations and more?

The way he left Cleveland will always bug a lot of people, and I get why. But athletes, young men, make mistakes.

Currently, IMO he hasn't surpassed the hype, yet. He put more pressure on himself by saying the Heat will win a ton of championships before winning one. But can't knock him for the confidence. I'm just hoping my Bulls and DRose can stop him from keeping his promise.

BKdoubleStacker
01-26-2013, 04:32 PM
Heat fans, without question, took more **** from the posters in here than they dished out. The "You Mad" response basically came from them becoming sick of defending their team, who was public enemy #1.

I can't believe so many of you forget how much of a witch hunt against Heat fans this site was for an entire 1.5 years.

not as bad as being a lakers fan. If you are a laker fan, you are immediately a kobephile or kobe lover boy or whatever term they use.

Im_in_Mia_bish
01-26-2013, 04:32 PM
it wasnt as bad as espn forums though. thats the reason why i came on PSD. the heat ESPN forums used to be calm and quiet, but the moment lebron joined it was very hard to have normal discussions.

countless spammers, and trolls of all kinds.

so i ventured out to a better website and stumbled upon PSD.

Hawkeye15
01-26-2013, 04:34 PM
not as bad as being a lakers fan. If you are a laker fan, you are immediately a kobephile or kobe lover boy or whatever term they use.

b.s. dude. If you are a kobephile, you get called one. The Heat fans were blasted by every single fanbase relentlessly here for a year and a half.

Such forgetful people here at times.

Hawkeye15
01-26-2013, 04:36 PM
Currently, IMO he hasn't surpassed the hype, yet. He put more pressure on himself by saying the Heat will win a ton of championships before winning one. But can't knock him for the confidence. I'm just hoping my Bulls and DRose can stop him from keeping his promise.

That was at a Miami Heat party, get over it. How has he not surpassed the hype? He was labeled as the next great talent going into the NBA, one of the most talented players to enter the NBA. 3 MVP's, 1 Finals MVP, Championship, multiple all NBA and all Defense selections, and a gold medal. How is that nut fulfilling the hype?

BKdoubleStacker
01-26-2013, 04:37 PM
b.s. dude. If you are a kobephile, you get called one. The Heat fans were blasted by every single fanbase relentlessly here for a year and a half.

Such forgetful people here at times.

No I didnt forget. But the lakers are easily the most hated team on these forums. I dont see how you can argue that.

That is one of the reasons I dont even really come to this side of PSD anymore, rational arguments dont exist. It is just petty name calling and trolling.

Sactown
01-26-2013, 04:41 PM
I've never hated Lebron, my thought has always been this. I don't think Lebron came up with "the decision" I think Espn and his pr agent had a lot to do with that.. And it went to charity anyways so it wasn't for him obviously, also I've always thought Wade brought out more of the vilian in Miami than Lebron had...

monzternipz12
01-26-2013, 04:43 PM
That was at a Miami Heat party, get over it. How has he not surpassed the hype? He was labeled as the next great talent going into the NBA, one of the most talented players to enter the NBA. 3 MVP's, 1 Finals MVP, Championship, multiple all NBA and all Defense selections, and a gold medal. How is that nut fulfilling the hype?

First off, calm down. Its not that serious.
Second, If that fulfills/surpasses the hype for you then you have low standards. I guess it depends on how you define his hype/expectations. With all the **** sucking he got, you'd think he already overshadowed Jordan. To me, his hype was how much better hell be than Jordan. As of now, is he at Jordans level or even above it? I say no..... Not yet.

Redskins10
01-26-2013, 04:43 PM
People that hate him are only mad that he's not on their team.

Hawkeye15
01-26-2013, 04:44 PM
No I didnt forget. But the lakers are easily the most hated team on these forums. I dont see how you can argue that.

That is one of the reasons I dont even really come to this side of PSD anymore, rational arguments dont exist. It is just petty name calling and trolling.

Meh, when you are the king of the mountain for a long time, that happens bro. And there are a TON of Laker fans here. But don't dodge the fact that Heat fans were stalked and hunted for a while here, it was pathetic.

Hawkeye15
01-26-2013, 04:45 PM
First off, calm down. Its not that serious.
Second, If that fulfills/surpasses the hype for you then you have low standards. I guess it depends on how you define his hype/expectations. With all the **** sucking he got, you'd think he already overshadowed Jordan. To me, his hype was how much better hell be than Jordan. As of now, is he at Jordans level or even above it? I say no..... Not yet.

Calm? That is all I ever am dude...

What hype did you perceive? What were YOUR expectations? Mine was that an all time great talent was coming into the NBA, a player who could challenge to enter the top players ever area, which he has done.

monzternipz12
01-26-2013, 04:51 PM
Calm? That is all I ever am dude...

What hype did you perceive? What were YOUR expectations? Mine was that an all time great talent was coming into the NBA, a player who could challenge to enter the top players ever area, which he has done.

Jordan set a level which is near impossible to achieve. Kobe is the closest to it, for now. I defined Lebrons "hype" as the next Jordan not the next great talent. Great talent and the next Jordan are two very different things. Since we can't see into the future, AS OF NOW, he is no where near Jordan. Hence, me saying he hasn't fulfilled/surpassed the hype.

Hawkeye15
01-26-2013, 04:52 PM
Jordan set a level which is near impossible to achieve. Kobe is the closest to it, for now. I defined Lebrons "hype" as the next Jordan not the next great talent. Great talent and the next Jordan are two very different things. Since we can't see into the future, AS OF NOW, he is no where near Jordan. Hence, me saying he hasn't fulfilled/surpassed the hype.

See, I never heard that hype. I wasn't hearing that this kid was going to be the best player ever, just that he was probably the best talent to ever enter the NBA. That just means its up to him to see where he lands, he has the tools.

D-Leethal
01-26-2013, 04:55 PM
I honestly have. As a LeBron hater I held on to the fact that he hasn't won and would always choke in the big moments, thats no longer the case, he's won, I gave up, and while hes an egomaniac and a diva, you could say the same about every NBA superstar and he seems like a genuinely good guy. That was an awesome scene when he tackled the fan. Great stuff. Still wish nothing but bad things on the Heat though.

RocketLoc80
01-26-2013, 05:14 PM
The only people that are hating on Lebron are people who worship the ground Skip Bayless walks on and think his word is gospel. Even now Bayless is probably pulling for the Heat to come up short this year and the coming years so he and his "flock" of sheep who are probably on this site can bring back up his short-comings to hold it against him. You see it in the media now where people are setting up to where they will eventually try to say KD is more of a better player.

Ezekial
01-26-2013, 05:19 PM
Lol NBA Forum...

GREATNESS ONE
01-26-2013, 05:31 PM
I still haven't converted to liking him but I will say it made me laugh and think good when he tackled the guy for the 75k.

Lakers4ItAll
01-26-2013, 05:40 PM
At first I hated how hyped he was exsp after a couple of years and never winning ****. But after this last years Olympics I have started to like his game more and more. He does seem like he would be a great teammate and fun to be around. But he is still the enemy!

RLundi
01-26-2013, 05:42 PM
I never really hated LeBron. I root for him to win championships. I want him to go down as the best player in the history of the NBA and I want to be able to say that I watched the career of the greatest player of all-time.

PacersForLife
01-26-2013, 05:58 PM
LeBron really is a good guy and all. I liked him in Cleveland, probably just as much as I like Durant now. It's things like this that make it hard to flat out hate the guy. But...

Some of the things he and Wade do and say are what made me not like him and still kind of dislike him today. I was really starting to lighten up this year until before the game when they were playing against the Pacers. He made some comment on how we like to talk a lot and stuff. I honestly don't know what he was talking about. They also made a big deal that we like to celebrate or whatever. That's just stupid to me. They basically cried when they beat the Celtics last year. Also all of the flopping and whining they did last year was pretty pathetic at times. I mean yeah, that might be a stupid reason to hate someone, but it still rubbed me the wrong way and I don't literally hate any basketball player.

Another thing I don't like is all the little kids running around wearing all of this Heat apparel and what not just because it's the cool thing to do. If there is one thing I hate in sports it's bandwagon fans. Sure, I don't mind if you like LeBron and respect what he does because he will go down as one of the greatest. But acting like you are some die hard Heat fan when you never were before the whole "Big 3" thing is just stupid to me.

Like I said, LeBron is a good dude. Don't get me wrong. He just can do some things that rub people the wrong way.

OceanSpray
01-26-2013, 06:07 PM
How did this go from judging LeBron as an individual to him comparing to Jordan? LeBron is one of the nicest people out there. I met him twice and he's never been arrogant or rude. He's respectful and always helps out in every way. I remember reading an article about LeBron seeing a group of U.S army soldiers on the way to one of their games. He literally told his team to get out of the bus and to thank them. C'mon, there was never a reason to hate him. Those people saying "The Decision" was a reason are just angry that he publicly chose his team and not theirs. I can guarantee if he chose NYK, Bulls, or Cleveland, people would still hate on him just due to the fact that it wasn't their team. I don't recall anyone saying The Decision was bad before it aired. Also, he raised $3,000,000 for his charity in doing so. Yeah... the guy takes a hit in his reputation for raising money for his charity.

ClearSoulForce
01-26-2013, 06:47 PM
Why is everyone getting all happy and **** about him tackling the guy?

If it were someone else, you'd get people *****ing about how that player needs to concentrate on the game and not being an attention whore.

He is one of my favorite players but using those things is dumb.

Redskins10
01-26-2013, 06:48 PM
Lebron's better than Jordan and Kobe ever hoped to be.

Max.This
01-26-2013, 06:53 PM
Lebron's better than Jordan and Kobe ever hoped to be.

A little piece of me died when I read this.

OceanSpray
01-26-2013, 06:55 PM
A little piece of me died when I read this.

Well it's a no brainer. People in general will always love the old days better. Same reason why people love The Beatles, Ali, Elvis, and Babe Ruth. Same reason why we love DBZ over any other cartoon show. It's pretty evident that we as people are homesick and will choose the old days over the new days every time.

VicTheWizard
01-26-2013, 07:08 PM
Yea, Lebron does seem like a cool person in real life.

More-Than-Most
01-26-2013, 07:15 PM
I love Lebron.... Best player in the world and likely a top 3-5 player all time.... Maybe even better than MJ xD.....and go

mjt20mik
01-26-2013, 09:02 PM
He's a great guy. Gives back to the community, loves his country (gives back to the people that serve), and loves his fans.

I keep on saying this, but the decision was even done for the goodness of the community. It wasn't a smart move because it hurt a lot of fans, but it did help raise millions for the girls and boys club.

hail2skins4life
01-26-2013, 10:11 PM
I used to dislike him. After finishing off the Celts last year and dominating the Finals I have gained respect for him. And kind of like him now. Im a Lakers fan

heyman321
01-26-2013, 10:34 PM
I've always had a boner for him since day one. Never got mad at the decision, and I loved him more when he helped Dirk when his first championship, then got one himself the next year. Nothing to really hate about him, he doesn't kick orphans in the face or not recycle, he's perfect!

Tony_Starks
01-26-2013, 10:42 PM
I hate to say it but "YOU MAD?" would probably sum up this thread......