PDA

View Full Version : Lowry leaving ?

Stunner
01-26-2013, 01:27 AM
Toronto is perhaps the most realistic landing spot for Gasol, given the uncertainty in the organization about whether Andrea Bargnani will ever develop into a star there. Bargnani wouldn't have to be a star in LA. He would simply have to stand at the 3-point line and make shots, a La Howard's former teammate in Orlando, Ryan Anderson. Toronto also has a point-guard problem to solve. And while Jose Calderon has frequently been mentioned as trade bait, league sources say the Raptors are far more amenable to trading Kyle Lowry, who has not made many friends in his new surroundings. The Raptors gave up a sure lottery pick for him (which Houston subsequently sent to Oklahoma City in the James Harden trade), so Gasol might be a way to salvage that transaction. Plus, with the new CBA taking effect and shortening teams' windows for winning, a team like Toronto might feel better about committing 1 seasons to Gasol than using its cap room this summer to sign a lesser player for four years. CBSSports.com

Kyle Lowry, who has quickly worn out his welcome in Toronto, could be an option for the Mavs or Hawks, who are both in need of point-guard help. With only $1 million guaranteed next season, Lowry would be a short-term fix without clogging up future cap space. CBSSports.com

http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

bucketss
01-26-2013, 01:35 AM
if we trade lowry for gasol i will probably quit watching basketball **** this ****.

OceanSpray
01-26-2013, 01:41 AM
You better be talking about Marc Gasol at the very least... I wouldn't trade Luke Walton for Pau.

Sly Guy
01-26-2013, 01:42 AM
gasol for lowry is not a trade the raps should be thinking about. Even if he's worn out his welcome, he's still far too great a talent at too much of a gamble to be traded for Gasol.

LAKobeBryant
01-26-2013, 01:43 AM
What is raptors doing with davis, amir, barg, jonas, grey, acy, PAU?

Borough
01-26-2013, 01:46 AM
too good a player to trade at the moment, let the man flourish without injuries

Sly Guy
01-26-2013, 01:46 AM

no pau. Trust me on this.

bucketss
01-26-2013, 01:48 AM

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/image.php?u=19560&type=sigpic&dateline=1347895679

IndyRealist
01-26-2013, 01:49 AM

Bargs and others would have to go back in salary to bring in Pau, I believe.

Hellcrooner
01-26-2013, 01:49 AM
the only trade raptors and lakers needs to make is nash for Calderon.

RipCity32
01-26-2013, 01:52 AM
LA could really benefit with a stretch four playing along side Howard.Bargs sucks in my opinion but next to Howard he could be very dangerous.

OceanSpray
the only trade raptors and lakers needs to make is nash for Calderon.

Nash and Dwight... Nash isn't better than Calderon at this point. No defense at all.

Raps08-09 Champ
Why don't you just have 1 gif in your sig?

LAKobeBryant
01-26-2013, 02:02 AM
LA could really benefit with a stretch four playing along side Howard.Bargs sucks in my opinion but next to Howard he could be very dangerous.

Lewis > Barg
Turk > Barg
Ryan Anderson > Barg

Your not going win a championship with a weak *** PF.

RipCity32
01-26-2013, 02:08 AM
Lewis > Barg
Turk > Barg
Ryan Anderson > Barg

Your not going win a championship with a weak *** PF.

Your not going to win a championship right now period.I was just commenting on a reasonable trade you might be able to make.

LAKobeBryant
01-26-2013, 02:17 AM
Your not going to win a championship right now period.I was just commenting on a reasonable trade you might be able to make.

Both options won't win you a championship. But Pau has more value, look at Raptors they've been trying to trade Barg for months and got no decent trade rumours.

shep33
01-26-2013, 02:18 AM
Pau has been playing really well lately. Don't want Bargs

STL Don
01-26-2013, 02:23 AM
At this point, a package surrounding Bargs/Lowry is the best possible deal we can get. There should be no hesitation. The Lakers should also try really hard to also grab Amir Johnson in the deal to help improve our defense up front.

Bargs is a great fit with Nash and Howard. He's only there to score and hit open shots, in which there will be many opportunities for him. Lowry will help solve our bench issues and provide the scoring we oh so desperately need.
He's also another chip to help keep Howard stay.

I do not see how this trade, in any way, could possibly worsen this team.

rockbottom2010
01-26-2013, 04:00 AM
i don't see it happening....they gave up too much for lowry...i think bargs is going to be part of a package

shep33
01-26-2013, 04:06 AM
Honestly though, what is Bargs' value right now?

He's often injured, inefficient offensively, averages under 5 rpg in his career, doesn't play defense, and his contract sucks.

shep33
01-26-2013, 04:07 AM
If Toronto can't trade him by the deadline, they might as well use their amnesty on him.

OceanSpray
01-26-2013, 04:10 AM
How exactly would Gasol fit in Toronto... Not to mention Kyle Lowry is a huge part of their team.

shep33
01-26-2013, 04:19 AM
How exactly would Gasol fit in Toronto... Not to mention Kyle Lowry is a huge part of their team.

Gasol, Val, Ed Davis make for a terrific core up front. Val gets to learn under Pau, and Pau gets to play with Calderon. Trade Amir who has value for another pg. Re-up Calderon who would probably sign on the cheap to play with Pau.

Here's the issue I have with Lowry. He doesn't even start for them and his contract is up after next year. He's an UFA. Dude is moody and has left for not being able to start in the past. At least this is what Grizz fans have told me.

shep33
01-26-2013, 04:22 AM
Makes sense for the Raps imo, I mean they have to deal Bargs, and the only way to do that is getting rid of Calderon or Lowry in the process.

Doesn't make sense at all for the Lakers. They're basically trading Pau for Lowry. Bargs is a burden

shep33
01-26-2013, 04:29 AM
I would just rather not trade Pau for that deal. Gasol's contract is going to be extremely valuable. Next year he's a 19 mill expiring, and the dude can still play when not running around in D'antoni's crap system

Mcdoh
01-26-2013, 05:12 AM
I would just rather not trade Pau for that deal. Gasol's contract is going to be extremely valuable. Next year he's a 19 mill expiring, and the dude can still play when not running around in D'antoni's crap system

is that you mufridaz? (consecutive post) :p

ACanadian
01-26-2013, 05:39 AM
We need to blow up our roster, trade every person in the orginization, even the Air Canada Center for Kevin Durrant... We'll let him play 1vs5 on a blacktop court in the ghettos of Toronto if we have to, just get us Kevin Durrant!

John Walls Era
01-26-2013, 05:47 AM
Gasol has a big contract left, so its not the best decision to acquire him in Toronto's POV.

NBA-GMaster
01-26-2013, 07:01 AM
A three team trade would be nice Gasol and Jamison to Wolves; Lowry, Bargnani and Pekovic to Lakers; Williams,Barea and 1st rd pick from Min; future 2nd rd pick from LA to Raptors..

NYKNYGNYY
01-26-2013, 07:35 AM
people always think that every team wants pau gasol...I don't get it!

rapsjaysfan88
01-26-2013, 08:32 AM
I call bs, raps have been a lot better lately and lowrys body language and interviews have not been at all negative. If I'm colangelo I trade bargs for a second round pick or amnesty him to clear that 10 mil off the books.

BALLER R
01-26-2013, 09:44 AM
I call bs, raps have been a lot better lately and lowrys body language and interviews have not been at all negative. If I'm colangelo I trade bargs for a second round pick or amnesty him to clear that 10 mil off the books.

If that's the case keep him. Yes I want him gone too but Bargs has more value than a 2nd round pick.

LanceUpperCut
01-26-2013, 10:30 AM
I see no point in this trade at all for the Raps. Jose's contract is done by seasons end and Lowry seem's pretty happy right now so if anyone is traded it's Jose.
Bargnani is so underrated now it's hilarious he might not be great or even that good but he's the same guy we had last season and can easily be utilized to benefit the raps a lot more than trading him for garbage. I'm all for trading the guy in the offseason or come deadline if some idiot GM wants to overpay but anytime trading a guy at his all time low and injured is stupid.
I never trust any american source when it come's to the Raptors anyway.

DoMeFavors
01-26-2013, 10:35 AM
Jameer for Lowry swap?

Sly Guy
01-26-2013, 11:24 AM
At this point, a package surrounding Bargs/Lowry is the best possible deal we can get. There should be no hesitation. The Lakers should also try really hard to also grab Amir Johnson in the deal to help improve our defense up front.

Bargs is a great fit with Nash and Howard. He's only there to score and hit open shots, in which there will be many opportunities for him. Lowry will help solve our bench issues and provide the scoring we oh so desperately need.
He's also another chip to help keep Howard stay.

I do not see how this trade, in any way, could possibly worsen this team.

there is no way Amir goes in that trade. That's far too much value for Gasol, and the Raptors' [limited] team success comes from their on court chemistry, a big part of that is between jose and amir, and davis and amir.

mamba24
01-26-2013, 11:51 AM
Trading a soft pf for a softer stretch pf who is injured AND is shooting like crap this year makes no sense. They won't trade Pau just to trade him.

mrker
01-26-2013, 12:12 PM
This is the problem with B.C, chose one of the point guards and stick to it, Sign lowry to a extension and move Jose, with andrea

Or move Lowry now if the right deal is there , Or do nothing and put the best package together this summer, when you know

Where that 1st rounder is going( o.k.c or raptors ) teams would jump a little higher and offer a bit more for a top five pick( weak draft or not) plus andrea and whatever variation of pieces he deems expendable, but the choice is one or the other,

Because i don' t see jose coming of the bench, unless its on some one like a re-tooled boston and he was behind rondo or on the spurs to rest parker but only a team that has a legit shot at a title

kenzo400
01-26-2013, 12:29 PM

My signature pic should give you the answer :)

LanceUpperCut
01-26-2013, 12:37 PM
This is the problem with B.C, chose one of the point guards and stick to it, Sign lowry to a extension and move Jose, with andrea

Or move Lowry now if the right deal is there , Or do nothing and put the best package together this summer, when you know

Where that 1st rounder is going( o.k.c or raptors ) teams would jump a little higher and offer a bit more for a top five pick( weak draft or not) plus andrea and whatever variation of pieces he deems expendable, but the choice is one or the other,

Because i don' t see jose coming of the bench, unless its on some one like a re-tooled boston and he was behind rondo or on the spurs to rest parker but only a team that has a legit shot at a title

What's the problem with BC? You make it sound like the deadline went by already and he never picked one. Even though the two PG thing is probably are teams greatest strength our fan base seems to have a problem with it, I don't really get it.

cleptopot
01-26-2013, 12:38 PM
Cant blame him. toronto's a dump

Tmath
01-26-2013, 12:40 PM
Just another BS rumour.

Tmath
01-26-2013, 12:40 PM

Cleaner than NY

jon32
01-26-2013, 12:43 PM
good one troll

phantasyyy
01-26-2013, 12:51 PM
lmao @ laker fans who think they can just rip off teams everytime things arent going there way..

theres no way the raptors pick up gasol and shore up all the bench issues that lakers currently have

everyone talks about how bargs value is at an all-time low but you can say the same for gasol no? Having a 19million dollar expiring isn't the greatest thing for Toronto to have since we cant sway any decent free agents over without overpaying anyways so i ask... why make this trade?

mrker
01-26-2013, 01:00 PM
What's the problem with BC? You make it sound like the deadline went by already and he never picked one. Even though the two PG thing is probably are teams greatest strength our fan base seems to have a problem with it, I don't really get it.

Since B.C sighed jose to his new deal, Every year since we have had a P.G controversy, lets see, T.j Ford, Jarret jack, Bayless and

now lowry, its not the fault of the players, when they are told to come win the job( jack was for bosh, i know) B.C should have

said jose is our starter and used assests to get late first rounders and take some shots at find the next rondo @ 22 or 23, on top
of our own pick,
unless some allstar becomes available and it is only going to take lowry or Jose, Andrea and lets say Ross or
davis, then he has to chose and sooner the better,

He can't undo 3 years of mismanagement at the P.G spot but he can make a choice that gives clarity to a position that's demands it.

ghettosean
01-26-2013, 01:24 PM
LOL... This will never happen we have enough PF already we don't need Gasol unless it's Marc

mike_noodles
01-26-2013, 03:01 PM

Classy :facepalm:

mike_noodles
01-26-2013, 03:03 PM
A three team trade would be nice Gasol and Jamison to Wolves; Lowry, Bargnani and Pekovic to Lakers; Williams,Barea and 1st rd pick from Min; future 2nd rd pick from LA to Raptors..

Where do I sign? I like it.

KrazeeEyezKilla
01-26-2013, 11:58 PM

Lol You're from newyork..Your city is so filthy you can get aids from city on a bench..

OceanSpray
01-27-2013, 12:40 AM
Lol You're from newyork..Your city is so filthy you can get aids from city on a bench..

You're insulting New York City? Lmao, you live in Canada! You people come to NY the most out of any country!

bucketss
01-27-2013, 12:51 AM
You're insulting New York City? Lmao, you live in Canada! You people come to NY the most out of any country!

say word!

KrazeeEyezKilla
01-27-2013, 02:14 AM

wow, no ***** we're right next to you what do you expect?...Big surprise Americans visit Canada more than any other country...I've been to New York city twice (not because I wanted to either) it's like a much sh*ttier version of Toronto with 3 times the ppl (way more fat ppl), 10x the crime and 100 x the garbage. Can't even breathe in that city and ppl take dumps on the street like there's nothing wrong with it, f*cking disgusting.

mjt20mik
01-27-2013, 01:53 PM

Statistics have proven Toronto to be a top 5 tourist destination in North America.

If it was such a dump why are people still coming here?

BALLER R
01-27-2013, 01:57 PM

Yeah but we don't stay

Sadds The Gr8
01-27-2013, 02:02 PM

lol clown

dtmagnet
01-27-2013, 02:11 PM

You're a moron.

kenzo400
01-27-2013, 02:11 PM
In all fairness, I wouldn't call Toronto a dump but it is a pretty boring city. Maybe it's just because I have lived here the vast majority of my life, but there just aren't that many things to see. New York has a lot of worse ghetto parts, but there is so much to do and you simply do not get the same sights in Toronto than you do in New York.

Somewhat of point, but having said that, I never understood why so many people who live in ghetto areas of New York are so proud of their city. It doesn't seem to make much sense. I wouldn't be proud of living in Regent Park, and yet so many people take great pride that they grow up in bad environments. I guess, it comes from some lack of personal confidence and need to justify their character to others.

ThaDubs
01-27-2013, 02:19 PM

Both Canada and NY are **** holes. But in your case you can't say **** because you're lucky we even gave you your own team up in Toronto. 'Merica.

shen
01-27-2013, 02:20 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bbbpofa

Get it done!

aman_13
01-27-2013, 02:30 PM
Both Canada and NY are **** holes. But in your case you can't say **** because you're lucky we even gave you your own team up in Toronto. 'Merica.

Toronto is the fourth largest market in the NBA, of course they gonna have an NBA team. The city wanted one, they got one.

ThaDubs
01-27-2013, 02:31 PM

Get it done!

Why the **** would you want to get rid of JJ for 2 unimportant role-players?

shen
01-27-2013, 02:39 PM
Why the **** would you want to get rid of JJ for 2 unimportant role-players?

We are not bringing him back after this year. We are either trading him before deadline or letting him walk. Don't know a single person that thinks Blazers are keeping him, if someone does please share opinion, I am always open to being convinced of another point of view. Plus Cunningham has high potential and the though of Cunningham/Mathews/Barton/Batum/LMA small lineup makes me drool. D would be unmatched.

shen
01-27-2013, 02:39 PM
If it makes you feel better we would take cash/picks where u feel needed.

shen
01-27-2013, 02:44 PM
Deal gives Mavs talent and options. Lowry is only guaranteed what 1mil next season? Hickson is not likely to get more then 7mil contract and if they get Dwight in FA he can be top tier 6th man. Mavs do love having a good bench. I heard Collison was on outs with coach and might not be brought back, if Mavs fan would like to way in I would appreciate it. If I heard wrong please let me know. If would like that deal please let me know.

Deal gives Lakers what they want Gasol to be and gets them a young athletic PG who upgrades bench and an heir apparent to Nash providing much needed stability. Plus at moment is cheaper having those two then Gasol.

Raptors move on from under-performing players while getting an vet attraction who can help youngsters and might be able to to some recruiting if kept happy. as well as PG who showed some flashes with Lakers to backup Calderon.

Blazers get youth/experience/D/potential all in one deal while losing a player we are not keeping to begin with.

mrker
01-27-2013, 02:45 PM

Get it done!
Then where do the raptors trade Pau to? Because they have one too many already, Casey only has so many mins, Davis going back to garbage mins just won't happen, they still have Acy and Gray for that plus hill coming in for the mop up work

ThaDubs
01-27-2013, 02:56 PM
Toronto is the fourth largest market in the NBA, of course they gonna have an NBA team. The city wanted one, they got one.

I thought my sarcasm was obvious...

shen
01-27-2013, 02:57 PM
Then where do the raptors trade Pau to? Because they have one too many already, Casey only has so many mins, Davis going back to garbage mins just won't happen, they still have Acy and Gray for that plus hill coming in for the mop up work

I don't know much about Raptors honestly. I assume make other deals for wings G's. I mean Gasol is an established star and could help a young Raptors more then I am guessing most rest the bigs. Again I don't really know much about Raptors situation so I appreciate response.

bucketss
01-27-2013, 03:18 PM
We are not bringing him back after this year. We are either trading him before deadline or letting him walk. Don't know a single person that thinks Blazers are keeping him, if someone does please share opinion, I am always open to being convinced of another point of view. Plus Cunningham has high potential and the though of Cunningham/Mathews/Barton/Batum/LMA small lineup makes me drool. D would be unmatched.

i think you're thinking about dante Cunningham, j.Cunningham ****ing sucks.

shen
01-27-2013, 03:21 PM
We had Dante and did not want him. I am talking about J. Watched him lot at Oregon State. He might not be doing great right now but he has lot of potential and really want him. Some of us hoped he fell to last couple picks in first and Blazers would be able to buy a pick and take him.

mrker
01-27-2013, 03:43 PM
I don't know much about Raptors honestly. I assume make other deals for wings G's. I mean Gasol is an established star and could help a young Raptors more then I am guessing most rest the bigs. Again I don't really know much about Raptors situation so I appreciate response.

No worries, just my take on the raptors, this deadline is this, we have one too many PF (amir, Davis, andrea,) already, The

rookie Valinchnias needs mins and no allstars at any position, Andrea will be addition by subtraction, and has value to a couple

teams outside a salary dump, Lowry will only be moved if an allstar player outside of Gasol is coming in, .. Jose will be moved due to his expiring 10 mil contract, unless Lowry again is moved first

All other players except the rookie centre could be moved in the right deal, but look for any three team deals for the raptors to be players,

Overall, I think the raptors will make one to two deals, if a team is will to take a shot and pay some value for andrea, good as gone, if not look for small moves Jose to a title team for a late 2013 1 rounder or a high 2 from a another team, plus look for Alan Anderson to be moved for picks also

But all bets are off when or if B.C can get multiple teams involved,

I would go for Kevin Love, even if it cost Andrea, Lowry, Davis, and Ross. Or a 1 rounder

shen
01-27-2013, 03:58 PM
No worries, just my take on the raptors, this deadline is this, we have one too many PF (amir, Davis, andrea,) already, The

rookie Valinchnias needs mins and no allstars at any position, Andrea will be addition by subtraction, and has value to a couple

teams outside a salary dump, Lowry will only be moved if an allstar player outside of Gasol is coming in, .. Jose will be moved due to his expiring 10 mil contract, unless Lowry again is moved first

All other players except the rookie centre could be moved in the right deal, but look for any three team deals for the raptors to be players,

Overall, I think the raptors will make one to two deals, if a team is will to take a shot and pay some value for andrea, good as gone, if not look for small moves Jose to a title team for a late 2013 1 rounder or a high 2 from a another team, plus look for Alan Anderson to be moved for picks also

But all bets are off when or if B.C can get multiple teams involved,

I would go for Kevin Love, even if it cost Andrea, Lowry, Davis, and Ross. Or a 1 rounder

Alright you said multiple deals yourself. So why not do that deal then do another deal to thin out log jam?

mrker
01-27-2013, 04:17 PM
Alright you said multiple deals yourself. So why not do that deal then do another deal to thin out log jam?

Again just my guess,, dealing for gasol means you want gasol, if there was a market for him L.A would have moved him already, and as in seeing that gasol is just a better player than andrea,, not different, and more money and same injury concerns, seems redundant,

And the a second deal would then have to be made, to clear up mins,

A decision on Jose @ how much and how long becomes a P.R nightmare in a losing season,

As for the multiple trade scenario, Jose to the lakers for metta world peace and Blake, and say Alan Anderson to OKC for 2 second rounders, is more likey than Pau coming in and a clear out move happening,

shen
01-27-2013, 04:22 PM
Again just my guess,, dealing for gasol means you want gasol, if there was a market for him L.A would have moved him already, and as in seeing that gasol is just a better player than andrea,, not different, and more money and same injury concerns, seems redundant,

And the a second deal would then have to be made, to clear up mins,

A decision on Jose @ how much and how long becomes a P.R nightmare in a losing season,

As for the multiple trade scenario, Jose to the lakers for metta world peace and Blake, and say Alan Anderson to OKC for 2 second rounders, is more likey than Pau coming in and a clear out move happening,

How many years left on Blake? Would have to buy out Artest or he would become a cancer. Why not keep Calderon? Next contract wont be as much. current one only was because Blazers were ready to pounce years ago and offer like 8million a year. Morris a G with potential who is young and a All-Star looking for fresh start who can provide you 20ppg and close to 10rpg while mentoring and providing vet leadership seems highly valuable to a team with such young front court and a team with history of wasted potential.

mrker
01-27-2013, 04:38 PM
How many years left on Blake? Would have to buy out Artest or he would become a cancer. Why not keep Calderon? Next contract wont be as much. current one only was because Blazers were ready to pounce years ago and offer like 8million a year. Morris a G with potential who is young and a All-Star looking for fresh start who can provide you 20ppg and close to 10rpg while mentoring and providing vet leadership seems highly valuable to a team with such young front court and a team with history of wasted potential.

2 years @ 4 mil on Blake, Metta likes T.O, Jose is making 10 this year and that has value that needs to be extracted, And as a FA next year we could offer 5 mil @ 4 and bring him back, ( I like Jose, have for a long time,) but assets are assets,

If you have two PG fighting for the starting job, that means you don't have a starting PG. I agree with the idea of letting Jose mentor a starting PG in waiting,, but that means finding that young pg, Lowry was not brought in to TO for mentoring, so if Lowry stays Jose becomes a asset.

shen
01-27-2013, 04:46 PM
2 years @ 4 mil on Blake, Metta likes T.O, Jose is making 10 this year and that has value that needs to be extracted, And as a FA next year we could offer 5 mil @ 4 and bring him back, ( I like Jose, have for a long time,) but assets are assets,

If you have two PG fighting for the starting job, that means you don't have a starting PG. I agree with the idea of letting Jose mentor a starting PG in waiting,, but that means finding that young pg, Lowry was not brought in to TO for mentoring, so if Lowry stays Jose becomes a asset.

From sound of it Lowry does not like Toronto and Toronto does not like him. I would trade him. As for Calderon maybe make a Big Z agreement. Like years ago where Cavs traded away Z, then a month later resigned him. At time thought was BS but oh well, I like Raptors somewhat and would like to see them become good team and consistent playoff team and if that what takes then so be it.

mrker
01-27-2013, 05:07 PM
From sound of it Lowry does not like Toronto and Toronto does not like him. I would trade him. As for Calderon maybe make a Big Z agreement. Like years ago where Cavs traded away Z, then a month later resigned him. At time thought was BS but oh well, I like Raptors somewhat and would like to see them become good team and consistent playoff team and if that what takes then so be it.

Its not that we don't like or want Lowry,,,, its that we want someone to be the PG that makes the team better and creates his own shot when needed, Jose is good not great, if he could drop 35 8-10 times a year we would talk about him as one of the best ever,

But he won't / can't so we go looking for the scoring and hope we can teach the thinking,

We can become a playoff team only thru solid drafting and smart trades, FA only are drawn to the big 5 spots( LA, NYC, Boston, Brooklyn, Miami) everyone else needs to sell winning or money and they always take more of one.

Lowry has value but would have more when tied to a high pick, and that won't be known til after the season, Jose could be re-signed and Lowry could be moved at the draft, allowing a team to fill to spots emptied by trades