Garnett
Chris Bosh
Tyson Chandler
Paul George
Kyrie Irving
Joakim Noah
Jrue Holiday
Luol Deng

I for one am happy to see Deng get some credit, though the guy who may be playing the best ball in Chi-town was left off the list while two of his teammates were put on it. Boozer is second on the team is points and rebounds. I love that Paul George got on, because he has been playing amazing ball and in a small market, so it's nice to see him get recognition. On the east, the most glaring omission may be Josh Smith. I was really expecting him to make his first All-Star game. I think it could be argued that he is having a better season than Deng.

In the west there are a couple issues I have, but the biggest is the omission of Stephen Curry. I would have like to see Iggy and Ibaka make the team, but I don't think there is a case for them, even if they are deserving. Same goes for Gay. Batum, Lillard, Gortat and DMC are having good seasons (Gortat not as good as last season), but I understand each of their omissions. Jefferson certainly has a case, especially since Utah has a better record than LAL, yet LAL has two starters and Utah has no All-Stars.

If you could sub in two guys for each conference, who would you put in, and who would take out?

Chronz
01-25-2013, 01:19 AM
Not sure whos the snub but if anyone looks out of place its Paul George.

And are you really fond of coaches selecting their all-stars based on what the fans chose to start?

Raps18-19 Champ
01-25-2013, 01:21 AM
How the Nets didn't get an all star even though he's on the 3rd best team in the East.

seikou8
01-25-2013, 01:25 AM
curry not being a allstar

Ill21
01-25-2013, 01:28 AM
Step Curry for sure.

Really happy Deng made it

eibbor
01-25-2013, 01:29 AM

And are you really fond of coaches selecting their all-stars based on what the fans chose to start?

Anybody who thinks PG is out of place doesn't watch basketball

NYKnickFanatic
01-25-2013, 01:29 AM
How the Nets didn't get an all star even though he's on the 3rd best team in the East.

Yeah, it's tough.

Honestly, I think they should just add more players to the team.

Ill21
01-25-2013, 01:31 AM
Also Brook Lopez should have made it too

RenegadeRiot36
01-25-2013, 01:32 AM
Steph Curry, Josh Smith, and Brook Lopez shouldve been on there.

eibbor
01-25-2013, 01:32 AM
Yeah, it's tough.

Honestly, I think they should just add more players to the team.

Not unless they make it a JV team

mosesedan
01-25-2013, 01:34 AM
lopez for bosh
josh smith for deng
curry for lma

eibbor
01-25-2013, 01:34 AM
Steph Curry, Josh Smith, and Brook Lopez shouldve been on there.

If Brook Lopez made it... Any role player would have a gripe

eibbor
01-25-2013, 01:35 AM
I do agree Bosh shouldnt have made it nor Deng. It isnt a game for role players

DreamShaker
01-25-2013, 01:36 AM
Kinda surprised Lopez didn't make it.

eibbor
01-25-2013, 01:40 AM
Kinda surprised Lopez didn't make it.

over who?

Ill21
01-25-2013, 01:40 AM
If Brook Lopez made it... Any role player would have a gripe

Lopez has been one of the best centers this year

Chronz
01-25-2013, 01:41 AM
Anybody who thinks PG is out of place doesn't watch basketball

So anyone who disagrees with you doesn't watch the game?

OK

Well anyone who thinks PG is a true All-Star, doesnt have high standards.

TheNumber37
01-25-2013, 01:44 AM
West
Curry
East
Lopez

Iggy? I know he's not a stat stuffer, but have you seen his stats this year, not really impressive.

eibbor
01-25-2013, 01:47 AM
So anyone who disagrees with you doesn't watch the game?

OK

My standards ARE high. If you don't think PG is an all star in the East you must not watch the games.

Box scores rock for u I guess...

For me, watching games rock... Especially watching the defense PG play while still putting up points rebounds and assists.

JOhnnyTHaJet
01-25-2013, 01:47 AM
I hope Lopez getting snubbed motivates him even more, many dont respect him, it's a shame.

eibbor
01-25-2013, 01:48 AM
Lopez has been one of the best centers this year

In the last couple weeks or this year? Be honest

eibbor
01-25-2013, 01:51 AM
I hope Lopez getting snubbed motivates him even more, many dont respect him, it's a shame.

Fact

JOhnnyTHaJet
01-25-2013, 01:51 AM
"In the last couple of weeks" what...?

Chronz
01-25-2013, 01:53 AM
My standards ARE high. If you don't think PG is an all star in the East you must not watch the games.

Box scores rock for u I guess...

For me, watching games rock... Especially watching the defense PG play while still putting up points rebounds and assists.

Cool story bro, but whats the point in calling someone out if you have no proof?

I could just as easily say you dont watch many games outside of Indiana. I have no doubt you watch alot of Pacers games, but sadly your basis for comparison is extremely limited if thats all you watch. So yea Im not going to take your insults seriously considering your in Indiana and likely biased.

But keep thinking someone like me doesn't watch games. LOL.

eibbor
01-25-2013, 01:56 AM
Cool story bro, but whats the point in calling someone out if you have no proof?

I could just as easily say you dont watch many games outside of Indiana. I have no doubt you watch alot of Pacers games, but sadly your basis for comparison is extremely limited if thats all you watch. So yea Im not going to take your insults seriously considering your in Indiana and likely biased.

Well I aint gonna hate... But as good as PG is on offense.. His defense is incredible. imo he was thrown into the role he is in and he made it work.

I'm not saying he is goat but for the EC... Dude is an all star...

eibbor
01-25-2013, 02:00 AM
"In the last couple of weeks" what...?

Not gonna do ur homework for ya bro. Ill just say Bosh

Team*Chicago
01-25-2013, 02:01 AM
East: Boozer over Bosh
West: Curry over Parker

eibbor
01-25-2013, 02:03 AM

I can see Boozers broke azz over Bosh. Can't do Curry over Parker tho

shep33
01-25-2013, 02:05 AM
No, I'm sorry Josh Smith doesn't deserve a spot. Lopez should've made it. I've got no problem with Deng being on there. He might be the 2nd best two way player in the NBA, behind LBJ

shep33
01-25-2013, 02:05 AM
Steph should've made it out west

eibbor
01-25-2013, 02:06 AM
No, I'm sorry Josh Smith doesn't deserve a spot. Lopez should've made it. I've got no problem with Deng being on there. He might be the 2nd best two way player in the NBA, behind LBJ

hahahaha Are you serious?

mzgrizz
01-25-2013, 02:13 AM
Marc Gasol got snubbed. Had to have given it to ZBo over Marc but Marc's been having an unusually interesting year and is still a top 3 center

bgdreton
01-25-2013, 02:16 AM
How is steph not on this list. Really?all star is a joke

Lakers4ItAll
01-25-2013, 02:17 AM
Howard doesn't deserve to be there at all

KniCks4LiFe
01-25-2013, 02:17 AM

it's been all season.

Nov: 18/6
Dec: 18/8
Jan: 19/7

his PER is top 5 in NBA.

DreamShaker
01-25-2013, 02:18 AM
over who?

I am not necessarily saying he deserves it more than anyone else, I just expected him to get selected. The teams with better records usually get represented and he has been the best Net so far. I can't say it's a huge snub, but with the way voting usually goes, I expected him to make it.

JOhnnyTHaJet
01-25-2013, 02:18 AM
it's been all season.

his PER is top 5 in NBA.
But cmon, he isnt flashy, thats all that matters.

Team*Chicago
01-25-2013, 02:21 AM
I can see Boozers broke azz over Bosh. Can't do Curry over Parker tho

I just chose Curry because he was the most snubbed even though he didn't deserve it over Parker and chose Parker because he's great and all but the worst out of the best and Westbrook and CP3 is better than him even though there were no reason for it.

eibbor
01-25-2013, 02:22 AM
I am not necessarily saying he deserves it more than anyone else, I just expected him to get selected. The teams with better records usually get represented and he has been the best Net so far. I can't say it's a huge snub, but with the way voting usually goes, I expected him to make it.

Thats fair. I see what you are saying. Selections are sometimes BS

mzgrizz
01-25-2013, 02:22 AM
Howard doesn't deserve to be there at all

No he does not. But leaving it to the casual fan gets all stars like Dwight.

97NYer
01-25-2013, 02:24 AM
Smith for Deng or Noah
Curry should be in but what guard do you take out? Maybe TP but that's it.

KniCks4LiFe
01-25-2013, 02:25 AM
But cmon, he isnt flashy, thats all that matters.

if he were a Knick, ppl would be killing the NBA coaches that made that decision. Brook Lopez has been an allstar all season and he has this he's soft BS label on him which they need to re-evaluate. All they have to know is fans are actually more for keeping him over acquiring Dwight Howard. So how is this guy not in the allstar game? he has the numbers, he leads in scoring, he's a rare center in this game, his team is in the playoff spot contending for the top seed, his team is above .500 and there mainly b/c of his influence on the game defensively and offensively, yet homie can't even get the reserves?

I love Tyson Chandler, but he other than the PnR and tip outs that pad up his rebound numbers, he's not better than Brook Lopez, Noah maybe, but KG? are you kidding me? and Bosh?

eibbor
01-25-2013, 02:27 AM
it's been all season.

his PER is top 5 in NBA.

PER is subjective. His numbers are on par with Bosh. If we werent talking per or Lopez we would be talking about anybody averaging less than but close to 18ish points and less than and close to 8ish rebounds.

I think Lopez is a fine player. I just don't think he is a no brainer AS

eibbor
01-25-2013, 02:28 AM
fans should get like 10 percent of the vote... im surprised yao ming wasnt voted in again

SeoulBeatz
01-25-2013, 02:29 AM
Steph Curry and Josh Smith

KniCks4LiFe
01-25-2013, 02:31 AM
PER is subjective. His numbers are on par with Bosh. If we werent talking per or Lopez we would be talking about anybody averaging less than but close to 18ish points and less than and close to 8ish rebounds.

I think Lopez is a fine player. I just don't think he is a no brainer AS

His team is one of the NBA's hottest team in wins. You can make an arguement they might take the #1 seed. Nah homie, Mr.Cowabunga/surfs ups is getting dissed. You can't tell me he ain't. Tyson Chandler gets in via his rep over 3 yrs. and Brook Lopez gets a soft rep. That's cray.

Krizzle88
01-25-2013, 02:34 AM
I think boozer should have made it instead of bosh

b@llhog24
01-25-2013, 02:36 AM

Isn't this the guy who said that MJ won it all by himself?

jsthornton7
01-25-2013, 02:36 AM
I got snubber, you want some?

JOhnnyTHaJet
01-25-2013, 02:38 AM
if he were a Knick, ppl would be killing the NBA coaches that made that decision. Brook Lopez has been an allstar all season and he has this he's soft BS label on him which they need to re-evaluate. All they have to know is fans are actually more for keeping him over acquiring Dwight Howard. So how is this guy not in the allstar game? he has the numbers, he leads in scoring, he's a rare center in this game, his team is in the playoff spot contending for the top seed, his team is above .500 and there mainly b/c of his influence on the game defensively and offensively, yet homie can't even get the reserves?

I love Tyson Chandler, but he other than the PnR and tip outs that pad up his rebound numbers, he's not better than Brook Lopez, Noah maybe, but KG? are you kidding me? and Bosh?

Well I'm glad someone notices this. And heres another point, the kids only 24! I realize age doesnt always factor into the votes but this isnt even his peak.

Maybe it was because of the Avery firing, maybe it was because people have a bias about him, or maybe it was because his game as a center is different from others in the league, (as a fan) I'd just like some sort of explanation.

Its not just him playing in the game thats important to me, its him being recognized as more than just an average player. He deserves respect but still falls short to get it.

KniCks4LiFe
01-25-2013, 02:40 AM
I think boozer should have made it instead of bosh

that's another one. I don't get who the hell voted this and can call themselves a coach. The coaches chose the reserves. How can the coaches say Steph Curry ain't an allstar when the Warriors weren't expected to be that good. How is Boozer not in w/ a team of scab role players Noah and Deng. How is can someone justify KG and yeh I'll say it, Tyson Chandler over Brook Lopez? if a fan is seeing that one player scores 6 more ppg, 1 more bpg, better offensive arsenal, and better FT shooter. How is this guy not in? BRK is .5 game back from NYK, this dude is mainly why they are where they are. :laugh2:

shep33
01-25-2013, 02:58 AM
I think the two obvious ones are Lopez + Curry

sharqstealth
01-25-2013, 03:09 AM
Josh Smith got the biggest snub in the east along with Jennings, Steph Curry for the West.
Bosh, Deng, Aldridge shouldn't be all-stars.

JasonJohnHorn
01-25-2013, 03:09 AM

George has been playing great ball this year. He's leading his team in points and steals and is second on the team in rebounds and assists, while shooting the lights out from down town (he's the best 3pt shooter on his team). He is the best player on the team that is tied for the best in their division. Their division rival got two players on the team (the Bulls), while the Pacers got one. The Pacers are in position to get home-court advantage in the first round. Doesn't it seem reasonable that if they are one of the four best teams in the East that their best player should represent them on the All-Star team?

sharqstealth
01-25-2013, 03:12 AM
that's another one. I don't get who the hell voted this and can call themselves a coach. The coaches chose the reserves. How can the coaches say Steph Curry ain't an allstar when the Warriors weren't expected to be that good. How is Boozer not in w/ a team of scab role players Noah and Deng. How is can someone justify KG and yeh I'll say it, Tyson Chandler over Brook Lopez? if a fan is seeing that one player scores 6 more ppg, 1 more bpg, better offensive arsenal, and better FT shooter. How is this guy not in? BRK is .5 game back from NYK, this dude is mainly why they are where they are. :laugh2:

They are where they are because the NBA gave them a favorable schedule.

KniCks4LiFe
01-25-2013, 03:19 AM

And we....? you want to hate on the Nyets hate on them. Don't make **** up.

That team went to OKC and beat OKC, that team took 2 out of 4 against us, that team beat Indy, that team beat Boston w/ and w/o Rondo, that team has beaten the same teams we have, everyone except Miami and SAS. So favorable schedule my ***.

Knicks are 16 - 7 vs East, Brooklyn is 19 - 9
Knicks are 5 - 3 vs ATL, Brooklyn is 9 - 3
Knicks are 5 - 4 vs CEN, Brooklyn is 4 - 3
Knicks are 6 - 0 vs SE, Brooklyn is 6 - 3

Knicks 10 - 7 vs West, Brooklyn 7 - 7

The only arguement you have is we played 8 more gms. in the Southwest than them. Which has 3 teams in the top 8 spot.

Stunner
01-25-2013, 03:29 AM
Curry for LA but I see whythey went big. But out of the reserve guards Curry could replace Parker . In the East Brook should replace KG and Josh Smith could replace Bosh but Bosh put up very good numbers this year it's just lately he's been a lil off . Still Bosh deserved it , he was one of the most consistent Heat players most of the year . With no Rose Deng and Noah had to pick up the slack and playing damn near 40 min's a game . They're the reason along with the late surge by Boozer are where they at . Paul George deserves his spot , he has turned it on this season and had overtaken Granger as the best player IMO . Looking at the crop of players , injuries and preformance he is the right selection over the likes of Joe Johnson and Paul Pierce . If Rose didn't get hurt I think Kyrie would have gotten left off and Jrue makes it still because I think his overall play has been better .

Stunner
01-25-2013, 03:30 AM
Brandon Jennings is not having a better season than Jrue or Kyrie

Chronz
01-25-2013, 03:40 AM
Lopez is definitely the biggest snub but its a pretty good field of players.

Chronz
01-25-2013, 03:42 AM
George has been playing great ball this year. He's leading his team in points and steals and is second on the team in rebounds and assists, while shooting the lights out from down town (he's the best 3pt shooter on his team). He is the best player on the team that is tied for the best in their division. Their division rival got two players on the team (the Bulls), while the Pacers got one. The Pacers are in position to get home-court advantage in the first round. Doesn't it seem reasonable that if they are one of the four best teams in the East that their best player should represent them on the All-Star team?
Best player on a team that is tied for its division is some sort of honor nowadays? He started the year off slow but is catching on of late. If hes been an All-Star thus far its been because of his defensive impact because if you know anything about stats, you would know they arent All-Star caliber.

JOhnnyTHaJet
01-25-2013, 03:49 AM

http://espn.go.com/nba/stats/rpi/_/sort/SOS

Dade County
01-25-2013, 04:45 AM
The league needs more stars, because some of these guys that are in the All Star game are not really Super Stars.

NYYCowboys
01-25-2013, 05:01 AM
I don't get how Curry was "snubbed". He isn't as good as Westbrook, Kobe, CP3, Parker, or Harden so he didn't make it. It's not really close either. His PER is below 20. I don't see what the big uproar is.

Alayla
01-25-2013, 05:12 AM
I don't get how Curry was "snubbed". He isn't as good as Westbrook, Kobe, CP3, Parker, or Harden so he didn't make it. It's not really close either. His PER is below 20. I don't see what the big uproar is.

:facepalm:

Korman12
01-25-2013, 05:18 AM
I like the East, though I can see arguments for Smith and Lopez. Jrue is deserved, especially in a weak season for EC point guards, and I like the inclusion of Paul George.

But Marc Gasol and Steph Curry are my biggest omissions over all, but I guess Gasol's numbers aren't flashy enough.

NYYCowboys
01-25-2013, 05:34 AM
Look at the stats, and tell me he deserves it over those 5. Then use a facepalm you petulant child.

Alayla
01-25-2013, 05:51 AM
Look at the stats, and tell me he deserves it over those 5. Then use a facepalm you petulant child.

Curry literately deserves it over every single one of them barring CP3 His Shooting %s are off the Charts his scoring numbers are good and its overall numbers are very balanced how anyone could think Curry DOESN'T belong is beyond me.

He may well be the best shooter the game has ever seen.

No but in all Honesty Curry is Averageing 20 points 6 assits 4 Rebounds and 1.7 steals while shooting 45% from 3
and 89% from the Free throw line Tell me where in those numbers he isn't all-star worthy

NYYCowboys
01-25-2013, 06:18 AM
Curry literately deserves it over every single one of them barring CP3 His Shooting %s are off the Charts his scoring numbers are good and its overall numbers are very balanced how anyone could think Curry DOESN'T belong is beyond me.

He may well be the best shooter the game has ever seen.

No but in all Honesty Curry is Averageing 20 points 6 assits 4 Rebounds and 1.7 steals while shooting 45% from 3
and 89% from the Free throw line Tell me where in those numbers he isn't all-star worthy

OK. Everyone of the guards chosen ahead of Curry have a higher PER and WS, WS/48 than he does. If there are players who make it who are better than you are then you aren't a snub. Curry is a very good player, but didn't deserve to be an allstar this season based upon his competition.

tmacsc2
01-25-2013, 07:34 AM
lopez for bosh
josh smith for deng
curry for lma

No. Curry for Parker!

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-25-2013, 07:42 AM
Brandon Jennings is not having a better season than Jrue or Kyrie

Bucks have a better record. Last season Jennings was snubbed cause we had a losing record this year we have a winning record and get snubbed again. He probably will go off for 50 against Irving tonight.

Doogolas
01-25-2013, 07:47 AM
Bucks have a better record. Last season Jennings was snubbed cause we had a losing record this year we have a winning record and get snubbed again. He probably will go off for 50 against Irving tonight.
Jennings wasn't snubbed. Jennings sucks.

There's a very big difference.

NYKNYGNYY
01-25-2013, 07:47 AM
saw a bunch of reports that jr smith was gonna make the team...not saying hes a snub cus he has a lot of bad games but he has a lot of great games to ...but not really a snub...brook lopez defiantly a snub! and im a knicks fan but how does not 1 player from the 3 seed not make it?

ZHawk1123
01-25-2013, 08:35 AM
Snubber.

LOL

JiffyMix88
01-25-2013, 08:53 AM

Wow turn the ****ing game on and watch him play sometime....

Who would you have over Paul George?

kdspurman
01-25-2013, 08:56 AM
People are really saying Curry for Parker? I know Curry is having a great season but that doesn't mean Parker isn't either. If people actually looked at the comparison between them, maybe they'd see that.....

Oldmantrash
01-25-2013, 08:56 AM

So the Bulls have 3 all stars, and the Nets non.

That's a homer.

Paul George deserved his spot,

BKLYNpigeon
01-25-2013, 09:21 AM
lopez for bosh
josh smith for deng
curry for lma

exactly...

cleptopot
01-25-2013, 10:19 AM
Why the hate for Aldridge. He deserved it. 20 & 8 on good shooting percentage with portland in the playoffs.

Noah tho had no business being on the team

JiffyMix88
01-25-2013, 11:46 AM
Why the hate for Aldridge. He deserved it. 20 & 8 on good shooting percentage with portland in the playoffs.

Noah tho had no business being on the team

You might be right Boozer was probably more deserving.

Do you think Chandler was more deserving than Noah? If so Why?

LongIslandIcedZ
01-25-2013, 11:54 AM
It doesnt really bother me, because he's a Net, but Lopez should probably be on this team. He easily could have definitely taken Deng's or Bosh's spot. He's the Nets best player and the Nets are playing great ball right now.

NBA-GMaster
01-25-2013, 12:14 PM
Stephen Curry and Josh Smith..

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-25-2013, 12:19 PM
Per 36 Larry Sanders has better numbers then Noah. But for Milwaukee stats or wins don't matter. But when we lose then losses matter.

SugeKnight
01-25-2013, 12:50 PM
Steph over Harden and Lma

SugeKnight
01-25-2013, 12:51 PM
Gasol got snubbed too

Chronz
01-25-2013, 12:54 PM
Wow turn the ****ing game on and watch him play sometime....Why dont you start watching more games?
My roomate is a Pacers fan, I have prolly missed only a handful of their games. How about you? How many games of theirs have you seen and how many of the league at large?

Who would you have over Paul George?
Havent given it much thought. Do you think he was the most worthy? Like I said in my OP, I dont know whos been snubbed but Paul George looks abit out of place.

jmoney85
01-25-2013, 12:55 PM
Gasol got snubbed too

how did gasol get snubbed?

he plays slightly above average defense and is a great passer but hes an AWFUL rebounder and scorer

29$JerZ
01-25-2013, 12:59 PM
Lopez got snubbed because he simply isn't very marketable and KG was voted as a starter.

Had Noah/Tyson/Bosh been named the starting C I'm pretty sure Lopez gets the nod over KG.

Every year their are snubs so what can you do?

Rockice_8
01-25-2013, 01:04 PM
lopez for bosh
josh smith for deng
curry for lma

This is exactly right.

THE MTL
01-25-2013, 01:19 PM
lopez for bosh
josh smith for deng
curry for lma

this.

Chill_Will_24
01-25-2013, 01:20 PM
Lopez got snubbed. Nets fans and analysts are going crazy :laugh2: I don't really see why Nets fans care tbh

All the all star game means is validation. Why do fans need so much validation? Who cares if people do not think Brook Lopez is good. The Nets are the 3rd best team in the east fighting for 2nd and closing on 1st. Yet they have no all stars at all. Only 2 of the top 10 players in PER did not make the team, both play for the Nets. Who cares? It means nothing what people think. Brook Lopez is not a highly marketable player. He isn't gonna talk trash or start drama. He is not gonna dunk on anyone. He isn't athletic in comparison to others in there.

Lopez is not even a great fit for the all star game. The game is so fast paced and i do not want Lopez running hard up and down the court. Would have been nice to see Lebron dishing to him with how good Brook is at getting himself open underneath the basket

THE MTL
01-25-2013, 01:21 PM
Stephen Curry didnt get snubbed, he got ROBBED!!!!!

pacofunk64
01-25-2013, 01:36 PM
Booooooooooozer

JiffyMix88
01-25-2013, 01:37 PM
Why dont you start watching more games?
My roomate is a Pacers fan, I have prolly missed only a handful of their games. How about you? How many games of theirs have you seen and how many of the league at large?

I've seen plenty of games and in those games he's clearly the reason y they are winning with his defense and offense. For you to make a statement about him being out of place is absurd.

Havent given it much thought. Do you think he was the most worthy? Like I said in my OP, I dont know whos been snubbed but Paul George looks abit out of place.

What does that even mean btw "out of place"? You can't even tell me who is more deserving to back up your claim. Seems to me maybe you root against the Pacers a bit because maybe your roomate gloats about them too much and maybe your tired of hearing about them.

jets33
01-25-2013, 01:58 PM
Lopez was injured for too many games this year? I thought maybe jj from Brooklyn. Definitely curry was snubbed. Possibly joshsmith.

Chronz
01-25-2013, 02:02 PM
What does that even mean btw "out of place"? You can't even tell me who is more deserving to back up your claim. Seems to me maybe you root against the Pacers a bit because maybe your roomate gloats about them too much and maybe your tired of hearing about them.
Yea but my roommate aint posting so why would I bring the nonsensical hate here? Its not like I havent told him the same things either. And I wasn't trying to back up my OP, it wasn't intended to say hes not an All-Star it was to point out that if someone did get snubbed, I would take a hard look at him and maybe even Deng. Thats not to say they arent All-Star caliber, but are they the most worthy? Upon further inspection I suppose they are the best, which to me speaks more about the East's lack of quality stars outside a few select teams than it does those All-Stars ability.

You know full well what out of place means, it means among his All-Star peers, he strikes me as the one who stands out in a negative way. As in, not as good as the others.

Personally, I find Indiana's top 3 players to all be comparable, which makes it hard to choose 1 standout on a team thats as good as Indiana has been.

But for argument sake, why does he stand out more than West? Was George chosen as a wildcard? If so why not Hibbert?

sep11ie
01-25-2013, 02:15 PM
snubber?

72 Wins
01-25-2013, 02:26 PM

:laugh:

cleptopot
01-25-2013, 02:35 PM
You might be right Boozer was probably more deserving.

Do you think Chandler was more deserving than Noah? If so Why?

Chandler has been better than Noah so far. Both similar pts and rebs but Chandler shoots a far better percentage from the field (leads the league) while playing less mins. Knicks also having the better record which helps with his case.

cleptopot
01-25-2013, 02:37 PM
People are overrating Brook lopez. He's putting up 19 and 7 in only 30 minutes, big deal.
People acting like he's putting up 22 and 10 in 38 minutes.

JiffyMix88
01-25-2013, 02:39 PM
Yea but my roommate aint posting so why would I bring the nonsensical hate here? Its not like I havent told him the same things either. And I wasn't trying to back up my OP, it wasn't intended to say hes not an All-Star it was to point out that if someone did get snubbed, I would take a hard look at him and maybe even Deng. Thats not to say they arent All-Star caliber, but are they the most worthy? Upon further inspection I suppose they are the best, which to me speaks more about the East's lack of quality stars outside a few select teams than it does those All-Stars ability.

You know full well what out of place means, it means among his All-Star peers, he strikes me as the one who stands out in a negative way. As in, not as good as the others.

Personally, I find Indiana's top 3 players to all be comparable, which makes it hard to choose 1 standout on a team thats as good as Indiana has been.

But for argument sake, why does he stand out more than West? Was George chosen as a wildcard? If so why not Hibbert?

You would have a decent arguement with West but I have no clue why you would bring Hibberts name into this discussion. As for the George over West is because George simply does more for the Pacers than West does. Whoever the Pacers play you best believe George is guarding that teams best player(positions 1-3) and does it at a high level everygame. Offensively he stretchs the floor, can run the team, take people of the dribble and isn't afraid to bang down low for an offensive board. Besides all that why would you not give the nod to this guy when he's putting up better numbers than West is?

b@llhog24
01-25-2013, 02:43 PM
Except he isn't.

koreancabbage
01-25-2013, 02:46 PM
Lopez got snubbed. Nets fans and analysts are going crazy :laugh2: I don't really see why Nets fans care tbh

All the all star game means is validation. Why do fans need so much validation? Who cares if people do not think Brook Lopez is good. The Nets are the 3rd best team in the east fighting for 2nd and closing on 1st. Yet they have no all stars at all. Only 2 of the top 10 players in PER did not make the team, both play for the Nets. Who cares? It means nothing what people think. Brook Lopez is not a highly marketable player. He isn't gonna talk trash or start drama. He is not gonna dunk on anyone. He isn't athletic in comparison to others in there.

Lopez is not even a great fit for the all star game. The game is so fast paced and i do not want Lopez running hard up and down the court. Would have been nice to see Lebron dishing to him with how good Brook is at getting himself open underneath the basket

its a validation for career merits. when you proclaim someone's career, you often quote # of all-star appearances. Hell Brook Lopez fans should be mad that he didn't into the ASG but is he deserving moreso that Bosh, Noah? Argument could go both ways. Only player that everyone should really take out is Tyson Chandler. Boozer, Lopez should easily make it over him.

JiffyMix88
01-25-2013, 02:47 PM
Chandler has been better than Noah so far. Both similar pts and rebs but Chandler shoots a far better percentage from the field (leads the league) while playing less mins. Knicks also having the better record which helps with his case.

Far better only because he only dunks. Noah has been the emotional/lead by example leader. He does FAAAR more for his team then Chandler does for his. If you take Noah out from this team presently I highly doubt they would be 25-16. You take Chandler out doubt it would make as much as a difference.

Your arguement should be why is J.R. Smith not in the allstar game instead of Chandler or Bosh cause then you would have a point.

JiffyMix88
01-25-2013, 02:48 PM
Except he isn't.

The only thing West has him beat in is fg%... George is averaging the same rebounds per game as his pf and center

koreancabbage
01-25-2013, 02:52 PM

Noah averaging career high 4 assists for a center. blocks, steals, FT% goes to Noah, ppg and rpg are a tie.

Noah > Chandler numbers wise. Chicago also top 3 defensively in opponent fg%, pts allowed. 2 games back of New York, record wise, without their superstar in Rose. more props to Noah.

PacersForLife
01-25-2013, 02:55 PM
Except he isn't.
Assuming you're talking about the West vs. George argument...
George: 17.3 ppg, 7.8 rpg, 3.7 apg, 1.74 spg, 0.67 bpg
West: 16.6 ppg, 7.8 rpg, 2.8 apg, 0.81 spg, 1.05 bpg

LongIslandIcedZ
01-25-2013, 03:00 PM
Was going to post the advanced statistical comparison between Chandler and Noah. Unfortunately, it was way too confusing. Either way, its extrememly close.

Chronz
01-25-2013, 03:04 PM
You would have a decent arguement with West but I have no clue why you would bring Hibberts name into this discussion.
Obviously because I value his defense but yea his offense has made it really hard to side with.

As for the George over West is because George simply does more for the Pacers than West does. Whoever the Pacers play you best believe George is guarding that teams best player(positions 1-3) and does it at a high level everygame. Offensively he stretchs the floor, can run the team, take people of the dribble and isn't afraid to bang down low for an offensive board. Besides all that why would you not give the nod to this guy when he's putting up better numbers than West is?
Agree to disagree, I dont consider that to be doing "more" for his team, I mean hes more versatile because thats his game whereas West is strictly a PF, but thats not the same as doing more for your team. West is the rock to me, hes both a go-to and outlet option who can hold his own defensively. Its no surprise to me that the team falters more when hes not on the court than without any other player and hes putting up the best stats on the team. (You can disagree with that, its a case of tallies vs rates (or quantity vs quality) but I think the minutes are close enough that I cant ignore the vast difference in the teams play and the superior efficiency of West.

Chronz
01-25-2013, 03:06 PM
Assuming you're talking about the West vs. George argument...
George: 17.3 ppg, 7.8 rpg, 3.7 apg, 1.74 spg, 0.67 bpg
West: 16.6 ppg, 7.8 rpg, 2.8 apg, 0.81 spg, 1.05 bpg
He is, but hes going by stats the NBA stresses aka possession analysis.

b@llhog24
01-25-2013, 03:13 PM
The only thing West has him beat in is fg%... George is averaging the same rebounds per game as his pf and center

Even if we're just talking on a basic level, doesn't George play more mins ? and they're basically the same height. Dwest also grabs more offensive rebounds which are more valuable than defensive rebounds. Once you look at their stats from an advanced level, it's not much of an argument.

Was going to post the advanced statistical comparison between Chandler and Noah. Unfortunately, it was way too confusing. Either way, its extrememly close.

Why? In any event Chandler destroys Noah statistically.

Sactown
01-25-2013, 03:14 PM
DeMarcus Cousins.

JiffyMix88
01-25-2013, 03:33 PM
Obviously because I value his defense but yea his offense has made it really hard to side with.

Agree to disagree, I dont consider that to be doing "more" for his team, I mean hes more versatile because thats his game whereas West is strictly a PF, but thats not the same as doing more for your team. West is the rock to me, hes both a go-to and outlet option who can hold his own defensively. Its no surprise to me that the team falters more when hes not on the court than without any other player and hes putting up the best stats on the team. (You can disagree with that, its a case of tallies vs rates (or quantity vs quality) but I think the minutes are close enough that I cant ignore the vast difference in the teams play and the superior efficiency of West.

While I do like West and I do like his physical play and how he can pass out the double but George has got a developing game, phsyical tools and intangibles of a Superstar. He was one I knew the coaches would put in so I wasn't worried about him getting left out just surprised some people think he doesn't belong. So I think you're right we'll just have to agree to disagree.

JiffyMix88
01-25-2013, 03:35 PM
DeMarcus Cousins.

HAHA

good one bro

JiffyMix88
01-25-2013, 03:39 PM
Even if we're just talking on a basic level, doesn't George play more mins ? and they're basically the same height. Dwest also grabs more offensive rebounds which are more valuable than defensive rebounds. Once you look at their stats from an advanced level, it's not much of an argument.

Why? In any event Chandler destroys Noah statistically.

Rouhgly 3 mins more. Not the same weight though. He's a powerfoward he should be grabbing more rebounds not basically the same as your starting sg.... Advanced stats I don't care for nor do I care for regular stats tbh but care to prove that?

Stunner
01-25-2013, 04:00 PM
Bosh deserved to be there , if Brook to replace anyone it should be KG too bad he couldn't . And Josh Smith numbers are worst than last years. Curry and Brook are the only two players to get snubbed . Deng is still underrated by this board because he isnt flashy . The guys is basically the switch army knife of the team.

Stunner
01-25-2013, 04:01 PM
If David West made the team i would be mad because Boozer is having a better season

Stunner
01-25-2013, 04:02 PM
The player who lucked into making the ALL -Star team is Kyrie Irving , If Rose was healthy he wouldnt be there. So he is the 4th best PG in the East based on this season so far. Glad he made it over D -Will and Jennings though.

b@llhog24
01-25-2013, 04:14 PM
Rouhgly 3 mins more. Not the same weight though. He's a powerfoward he should be grabbing more rebounds not basically the same as your starting sg.... Advanced stats I don't care for nor do I care for regular stats tbh but care to prove that?

He's getting more offensive boards which I stated are more valuable than defensive rebounds which offer "diminishing returns", hes doing his part. Also you tried to turn this into a statistical argument, you were better served sticking with highlighting George's intangibles rather than his stats which aren't really that jaw dropping. What am I supposed to be proving btw?

The player who lucked into making the ALL -Star team is Kyrie Irving , If Rose was healthy he wouldnt be there. So he is the 4th best PG in the East based on this season so far. Glad he made it over D -Will and Jennings though.

He probably would've made it anyways, only guard in the East clearly better than Kyrie is Wade.

mgsports
01-25-2013, 04:25 PM
Where's the 13th selection?

Stunner
01-25-2013, 04:28 PM
He probably would've made it anyways, only guard in the East clearly better than Kyrie is Wade.

No ....just no

JiffyMix88
01-25-2013, 04:31 PM
[QUOTE=b@llhog24;25210402]He's getting more offensive boards which I stated are more valuable than defensive rebounds which offer "diminishing returns", hes doing his part. Also you tried to turn this into a statistical argument, you were better served sticking with highlighting George's intangibles rather than his stats which aren't really that jaw dropping. What am I supposed to be proving btw?

I wasn't trying to make it a stats arguement. I just said West shoots a higher fg% and rebounds the same. I know what I see George do for his team more than West does and thats why he made the allstar game by the coaches votes and I side with them cause they know basketball better than you and me.

Phillysports90
01-25-2013, 05:01 PM
the fans vote makes the starters a joke. i remember when tmac and ai were both starting

Chronz
01-25-2013, 05:10 PM
If David West made the team i would be mad because Boozer is having a better season

Really? So you would be upset that your team only has 2 All-Star and another team has 1?

If you think team selections shouldn't matter then Im with you, but they do. If Bulls had 3 All-Star, how do you think other fans would have felt?

If this plainly about the individual, then I think lots of names change. I think Pierce still gets in there, but because KG and Rondo are already on the team, he had to suffer.

TornadoOfSouls
01-25-2013, 05:13 PM
I'm convinced the users saying Curry over Parker are mentally handicapped individuals that don't actually watch the games. There isn't a single thing Curry does better than Parker besides shoot threes. As far as advanced stats go, Parker's better across the board. Better scorer, Better passer, more efficient, Better PER, win shares, etc. AND he plays six less minutes than Curry.

No disrespect to Curry, but every guard picked ahead of him was better.

Chronz
01-25-2013, 05:16 PM
While I do like West and I do like his physical play and how he can pass out the double but George has got a developing game, phsyical tools and intangibles of a Superstar. He was one I knew the coaches would put in so I wasn't worried about him getting left out just surprised some people think he doesn't belong. So I think you're right we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Only thing we agree on is that we both felt hes the Pacer the coaches would send to Houston, but thats not the same thing as agreeing with the selection. After awhile you begin to pick up on certain biases, hes the young fresh athlete who isnt that far off from his teams best players. And I kind of feel like Hibbert got punished for all the Centers making the team. Pierce couldn't make it with his team having 2. That just leaves George.

Stunner
01-25-2013, 05:31 PM
Really? So you would be upset that your team only has 2 All-Star and another team has 1?

If you think team selections shouldn't matter then Im with you, but they do. If Bulls had 3 All-Star, how do you think other fans would have felt?

If this plainly about the individual, then I think lots of names change. I think Pierce still gets in there, but because KG and Rondo are already on the team, he had to suffer.

What ? Where did i say think the Bulls deserve 3 ? I dont at all im basing if they needed to have a PF and Chose West i would have though Boozer had a better Season stat wise. Thats all i said . Celtics only deserve one all star and thats Rondo , Paul and KG dont belong there this year. I had any combo of Noah / Boozer making it or Noah / Deng making it thats all. If Rose was healthy it isnt' far fetch to see the Bulls having 3 All Stars at all, Especailly coming down to the Coaches picking it. Only team in the All Star game that should have three players from a team this season are the Heat.

Stunner
01-25-2013, 05:32 PM
This year in the East was really messed up , it was a toss up year , So many " All Star " players having a worse year than their last.

Chronz
01-25-2013, 06:05 PM
What ? Where did i say think the Bulls deserve 3 ?
It was a hypothetical. You said if West had made the team, you would have been upset because Boozer would not be the choice. But if he was, that would have given the team 3 All-Stars.

I dont at all im basing if they needed to have a PF and Chose West i would have though Boozer had a better Season stat wise.
But having Boozer instead of West would in fact give the Bulls 3 All-Stars in this hypothetical.

If Rose was healthy
But he isnt, so its irrelevant to the topic.

Blitzbolt
01-25-2013, 06:08 PM
Parker is a vet Curry is not we saw it last year with Dirk.

It Happens!!And I think it was the right move.

b@llhog24
01-25-2013, 06:24 PM
No ....just no

Compelling argument.

You would have a decent arguement with West but I have no clue why you would bring Hibberts name into this discussion. As for the George over West is because George simply does more for the Pacers than West does. Whoever the Pacers play you best believe George is guarding that teams best player(positions 1-3) and does it at a high level everygame. Offensively he stretchs the floor, can run the team, take people of the dribble and isn't afraid to bang down low for an offensive board. Besides all that why would you not give the nod to this guy when he's putting up better numbers than West is?

[QUOTE=b@llhog24;25210402]He's getting more offensive boards which I stated are more valuable than defensive rebounds which offer "diminishing returns", hes doing his part. Also you tried to turn this into a statistical argument, you were better served sticking with highlighting George's intangibles rather than his stats which aren't really that jaw dropping. What am I supposed to be proving btw?

I wasn't trying to make it a stats arguement. I just said West shoots a higher fg% and rebounds the same. I know what I see George do for his team more than West does and thats why he made the allstar game by the coaches votes and I side with them cause they know basketball better than you and me.

See bolded.

sjbirds
01-25-2013, 06:49 PM
somewhere dmf is crying in a corner about lopez

HeaTxRipZz
01-25-2013, 10:12 PM
Wasn't Iverson voted in one time when he barely played. Was either him or T-Mac I can't remember lol

VinceCarter
01-25-2013, 10:14 PM
People are overrating Brook lopez. He's putting up 19 and 7 in only 30 minutes, big deal.
People acting like he's putting up 22 and 10 in 38 minutes.

Sarcasm? Give him 38-40 minutes a night and he is putting those numbers up. In the couple games I remember him playing 38+minutes he was having 20 and 11 type games. Add in 2-4 blocks too.

OceanSpray
01-25-2013, 10:44 PM
Brook Lopez and Stephen Curry deserved it more than anyone!

Chronz
01-25-2013, 11:36 PM
Wasn't Iverson voted in one time when he barely played. Was either him or T-Mac I can't remember lol

Never Tmac, he threatened the fans not to vote him in when he was among the leading vote getters, and they obliged him.

bklynny67
01-25-2013, 11:44 PM
Lol no Nets. DMF must be steamin. They have a good all around team but no one individual deserving of being an all star.

JOhnnyTHaJet
01-25-2013, 11:55 PM
Lol no Nets. DMF must be steamin. They have a good all around team but no one individual deserving of being an all star.

Another fine example of someone commenting on the Nets without watching many of their games. Brook Lopez is the difference on the Nets, its been clear in almost every game.

Arch Stanton
01-26-2013, 12:13 AM
HAHA

good one bro

You're joking right? Boogie should be an all-star!

koreancabbage
01-26-2013, 12:18 AM
Another fine example of someone commenting on the Nets without watching many of their games. Brook Lopez is the difference on the Nets, its been clear in almost every game.

he is indeed. they have a ridiculous record when Lopez is on the court for them and they just suck without him.

haters gonna hate, Brook Lopez is the probably the biggest snub in the East.

xxplayerxx23
01-26-2013, 12:47 AM
Lopez in the east
Curry in the west

Machine13
01-26-2013, 01:00 AM
Steph Curry is the biggest snub imo. I thought JSmoove would finally make it this year and Brook Lopez is deserving as well.

Team*Chicago
01-26-2013, 01:04 AM
somewhere dmf is crying in a corner about lopez

He's not the only Nets fan crying especially after tonight's lost of the game and 3rd seed which eliminated more of their bragging rights to talk ****.

OceanSpray
01-26-2013, 01:18 AM
Deng for Lopez.

Curry is a tough one. Every single one of the players on West deserve it. I don't think Curry is better than any of them.

bklynny67
01-26-2013, 05:25 AM

Ok? Because Lopez is the most important player on the Nets, doesn't mean he should be an all star. Noah and Chandler should be there over him, and look, they are.

bigmac8675
01-26-2013, 05:39 AM
Stephen Curry without a doubt... but being a warriors fan I can't complain with David Lee making it. Our first all-star since 97!

Over Da Pence
01-26-2013, 07:12 AM
We got our first all star pick in a while, sixteen years
But it came with a twist, I got a smile, mixed with tears
Honestly Lee shoulda started, it ain't Griffin's year
Like Carl Landry tweeted on his Twitter
It feels sweet, but bittersweet. Or sweet n bitter
Our emotions are mixed, I feel ambivalent
The rosters were fixed, this was the equivalent
of giving that center spot to D twelve
Even though we got our first, well since Latrell Sprewell
I'm so pissed off, I won't sleep well, These coaches can go seek hell
we the only team that gave the Clippers three L's :cheers::cheers:
I know Curry was left off by Viny Del
Neegro!! Go eat crow!

Klay Thompson thinks the picks were nonsense
You really got to question the voting process
Really wished David stern woulda stopped this
The last person to reward would be Lamarcus Aldridge

I'm headin to Houston and getting ON THIS
Went in the Locker room and held lamarcus hostage
You didn't deserve it, were 26-15 we earned it
Where is Stephen Curry? He's worth it
Chuck goes on TNT and blast they *****
Time for coach jackson to go Doctor Martin Luther King
stating that this wasn't the right thing for the league
I mean, he's Stickin up for his boys Curry and D Lee
honestly Lee shoulda started with CP3 he he he
We got one all star but 2 all stars woulda been right
Coach Jackson said for a lack of better word that this was a Crime (he actually did)
I guess it just wasn't time, But at the end of the day the coaches should all get penalized
Coaches what is wrong with you? No excuses! Do you know about the wild card selection?
Choose players on a winning team to go to Houston, not the ones off to a mild start choose Stephen

ChitownbullsBG7
01-26-2013, 08:21 AM
Brook isn't an all-star because the fans gave an undeserving starting spot to KG.

bigmac8675
01-26-2013, 08:42 AM
ODP...:facepalm:

koreancabbage
01-26-2013, 10:39 AM
Ok? Because Lopez is the most important player on the Nets, doesn't mean he should be an all star. Noah and Chandler should be there over him, and look, they are.

then why are people saying Lopez was snubbed? even non nets fans are saying that. He should be in there over Chandler and maybe even Deng.

There's a reason why this is Chandler's first all star appearance. He has no place in this chuckfest of a game. We are all going to look back on this year and say this is gonna be hte snub of 2013. Tyson Chandler is the Jamaal Magloire of this allstar game. one and done.

Im_in_Mia_bish
01-26-2013, 11:04 AM
man i really feel curry from the dubs got snubbed big time..

knicksfan42
01-26-2013, 12:10 PM
Chandler has a better TS%, ORtg, TRB%, WS, and WS/48 than Lopez. Not to mention he plays much better defense. I think the coaches possess a bit more basketball insight than the average bball fans in this forum.

cleptopot
01-26-2013, 12:25 PM
I dont get why people think curry is such a snub. the warriors are 5th in the west, they already have lee on the team. why do they need another allstar

and all the guards who made it over him, deserved it.

cleptopot
01-26-2013, 12:34 PM
Far better only because he only dunks. Noah has been the emotional/lead by example leader. He does FAAAR more for his team then Chandler does for his. If you take Noah out from this team presently I highly doubt they would be 25-16. You take Chandler out doubt it would make as much as a difference.

Your arguement should be why is J.R. Smith not in the allstar game instead of Chandler or Bosh cause then you would have a point.

Your not listing any facts but youre opinion. Of course the team would be worse without Noah. the same could be said of the Knicks if they didn't have chandler.

Chandler's playing less minutes than Noah and putting up similar to better stats. Give him more minutes and his stats and productivity would increase. even in advanced stats, his numbers are better. Has the better per, win shares, ws/48, ts%.

and no, chandler is more deserving of the nod than jr smith.

Nick O
01-26-2013, 02:14 PM
Bosh > Lopez

bgdreton
01-28-2013, 08:02 AM
I dont get why people think curry is such a snub. the warriors are 5th in the west, they already have lee on the team. why do they need another allstar

and all the guards who made it over him, deserved it.

Because the last 2 picks were wild cards, you can pick any position. Lamarcus was obviously one of those wild cards but they gave him the nod over curry. You can't tell me he is having a better year than curry and his team is much worse as well.

The lakers have two all stars and there like 12th in the west lol

cleptopot
01-28-2013, 01:31 PM
Because the last 2 picks were wild cards, you can pick any position. Lamarcus was obviously one of those wild cards but they gave him the nod over curry. You can't tell me he is having a better year than curry and his team is much worse as well.

The lakers have two all stars and there like 12th in the west lol
They purposely chose 3 guards and 3 forwards to even it out. Aldridge is deserving.

both kobe and dwight were voted in by fans and deserved to be in the game regardless

bgdreton
01-28-2013, 08:00 PM
They purposely chose 3 guards and 3 forwards to even it out. Aldridge is deserving.

both kobe and dwight were voted in by fans and deserved to be in the game regardless

Just because the the coaches wanted to make the bigs and smalls even doesn't mean he is more deserving(thanks for helping my point). Also curry is top in 3 pt made, 2 in 3 pt percent, top ten in scoring( higher than lma) and only 2 percentage points away from lma as far as shooting percentage and currys a point. Lma points are down this year and he is shooting the worse of his career, not to mention Portland is a .500 team vs the warriors are 9 games above .500 with wins vs clips (3 times), thunder, heat. Everyone knows he was only picked to keep the team even. He got snubbed!

cleptopot
01-29-2013, 11:29 AM
Just because the the coaches wanted to make the bigs and smalls even doesn't mean he is more deserving(thanks for helping my point). Also curry is top in 3 pt made, 2 in 3 pt percent, top ten in scoring( higher than lma) and only 2 percentage points away from lma as far as shooting percentage and currys a point. Lma points are down this year and he is shooting the worse of his career, not to mention Portland is a .500 team vs the warriors are 9 games above .500 with wins vs clips (3 times), thunder, heat. Everyone knows he was only picked to keep the team even. He got snubbed!
Ok but whose to say that Aldridge was the wild card and not Randolph or Lee? Curry wasn't a snub because the guards who made it over him were more deserving.

Like I said before, they have Lee on the allstar team, another Warrior isn't really needed.