PDA

View Full Version : DeMarcus Cousins month of January

kingsdelez24
01-23-2013, 10:43 PM
He's been killing it lately. He's putting up 21.9 Points, 12.6 Rebounds, 3.6 Assists, and even 1.5 steals, while shooting 50.5 percent from the field. He's recorded 9 double-doubles out of the 12 games he's played this month. One of them being a 31 point, 20 rebound effort against the raptors

It pisses me off to hear people calling him Eddy Curry 2.0 when Curry never put up stats like this in his life

Discuss

Cal827
01-23-2013, 10:49 PM
Eddy Curry 2.0

SeoulBeatz
01-23-2013, 10:51 PM
Dude's got talent, i was hoping the Sixers would take him off ur hands :)

sf-fanatic
01-23-2013, 10:53 PM
Demarcus Cousins of the Seattle Supersonics

ThaDubs
01-23-2013, 10:54 PM
Demarcus is amazing. Old news. He's still a punk.

1-800-STFU
01-23-2013, 10:55 PM
He's going to look good in a Seattle uniform

BleedingGreen9
01-23-2013, 10:56 PM
C's should have given them anything they wanted when they had a chance

seikou8
01-23-2013, 10:56 PM
the sonics should trade everyone and rebuild around cousins this offeseason

HotMayo
01-23-2013, 11:24 PM
I think greg Monroe is way better

SLY WILLIAMS
01-24-2013, 12:29 AM
He's been killing it lately. He's putting up 21.9 Points, 12.6 Rebounds, 3.6 Assists, and even 1.5 steals, while shooting 50.5 percent from the field. He's recorded 9 double-doubles out of the 12 games he's played this month. One of them being a 31 point, 20 rebound effort against the raptors

It pisses me off to hear people calling him Eddy Curry 2.0 when Curry never put up stats like this in his life

Discuss

Eddy never had 12.6 rebounds per game but,

Eddy put up 21.6ppg with a 58.0% FG in December 2006
Eddy put up 22.1 ppg with a 63.3% FG in January of 2007
Eddy put up 20.1ppg with a 63.8% Fg in Febuary 2007

For the 2006/07 season Eddy scored 19.5ppg-7.0rpg and shot 57.6% FG

Sly Guy
01-24-2013, 12:33 AM

I dunno, Cousins' offensive game is as smooth and polished as any big man in the league right now.

rocket
01-24-2013, 12:50 AM
Eh he's like a second version of Eddy Curry

asandhu23
01-24-2013, 12:53 AM
Eddy Curry 3.0. 2.0 was Kwame.

Im_in_Mia_bish
01-24-2013, 12:57 AM
:drool:

dudes a stud.

Kashmir13579
01-24-2013, 01:12 AM
cancer

tmacsc2
01-24-2013, 01:19 AM
He is a ****in headcase tho

rhymeratic
01-24-2013, 01:26 AM
No he's more like Derrick Coleman 2.0. A lot of y'all too young to remember but trust me he is DC all the way.

RipCity32
01-24-2013, 01:36 AM
He's "The Custodian" 2.0

lakersfan01
01-24-2013, 01:39 AM
Dude's got talent, i was hoping the Sixers would take him off ur hands :)

His character, or rather lack thereof, would be a great fit for the city of Philadelphia. Vick on your football team and Cousins on your basketball team :laugh2:

LakeShowRaider
01-24-2013, 01:54 AM
Some have called him a cancer, some have called him a stud. Truth is, he's all of the above.

Baller1
01-24-2013, 01:57 AM
Seems like someone who will look good in green and gold.

ztilzer31
01-24-2013, 01:59 AM

Please don't. Guy is about to lose his team, that's mean.

Catfish1314
01-24-2013, 02:33 AM

I'm pretty sure Baller was a Sonics fan before they left Seattle so he knows the pain. Free pass in my book.

noodle
01-24-2013, 02:45 AM
Nice numbers! Reminds me of Eddy Curry when he first started out.

The Sonics have a bright future though, for sure!

Lakers + Giants
01-24-2013, 02:52 AM

:guns: haha!

On a serious note, he's been so helpful in my fantasy league :nod:

Baller1
01-24-2013, 03:56 AM

I'm pretty sure Baller was a Sonics fan before they left Seattle so he knows the pain. Free pass in my book.

:guns: haha!

On a serious note, he's been so helpful in my fantasy league :nod:

:hi5:

tapajafri
01-24-2013, 04:15 AM
Boy people sure do have the wrong idea about Cousins lol.

This guy is a competetior. He wants to win so bad and he plays with so much passion. Yes, he needs to learn how to control his emotion and passion and not let his emotion get the best of him. But hey, would you rather have a player who wants to win that bad and may overreact sometimes? Or would you rather have a player who simply doesn't really care that much like Howard or Bynum?

Cousins is a future leader by example. He's an inspiring player plays with a lot of heart. He just needs to work on controlling his emotion and not making dumb plays, no doubt.... and call it a headcase if you want..... but at least he wants to win. Get the right coaches and some good veterans around him and he'll be a top 10 player in the league one day. It's hard for him to not be so frustrated when his team loses so much. It's got to be even more frustrating when you know your team is loaded with tons of young talent and potential like the Kings, yet they play so poorly as a team. They need a new coach.

ThaDubs
01-24-2013, 04:19 AM
His character, or rather lack thereof, would be a great fit for the city of Philadelphia. Vick on your football team and Cousins on your basketball team :laugh2:

No I think he'd be fit on your team more to tell the truth.
Or is one dbag already enough?

John Walls Era
01-24-2013, 07:31 AM
No one has ever called him Eddy Curry 2.0.

Time to actually look into some facts: http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/c/curryed01/gamelog/2007/
Curry had a longer string of 20+ PPG games......

"It pisses me off" when people use NEVER but never looked into their claims before spewing **** out of their mouth.

setman2000
01-24-2013, 07:38 AM
It's his head, not his game.

eso
01-24-2013, 07:55 AM
The Derrick Coleman comparison is spot on. Cousins is a beast. Could be the best big in the nba very soon.

NYKnickFanatic
01-24-2013, 08:36 AM
Eddy Curry 3.0. 2.0 was Kwame.

:laugh:

SLY WILLIAMS
01-24-2013, 02:42 PM
No he's more like Derrick Coleman 2.0. A lot of y'all too young to remember but trust me he is DC all the way.

That is an interesting comparison. I think DMC is much more of a brute than Coleman but I can see some similarities as well. Derrick Coleman had some real skills before injuries and other setbacks.

sep11ie
01-24-2013, 02:57 PM
v2 Curry, Eddy

JiffyMix88
01-24-2013, 03:05 PM
I like him more when he doesn't shoot threes though

JLynn943
01-24-2013, 03:19 PM
I like him more when he doesn't shoot threes though

He's only shot 8 all year, and the one he shot (and made) yesterday was only because he got the ball right before the 1st quarter ended and had to shoot it. He definitely shouldn't (and hasn't really) look for threes though.

CityofTreez
01-24-2013, 03:28 PM

I think Cousins will be way better than Monroe.

Just what I think.

OceanSpray
01-24-2013, 03:33 PM
Eddy Curry was never better than Cousins.
Greg Monroe was better last year but this year, he's declined a lot.

Cousins has so much potential to be the best big man in the game. He's very skilled, tough, and doesn't back down from Dwight or Bynum. The only issue is he needs to work on his defense and anger issues.

Rain City
01-24-2013, 03:36 PM
The Derrick Coleman comparison is spot on. Cousins is a beast. Could be the best big in the nba very soon.

DC was lazy, hardly a headcase like cousins, but both have immense talent. HOF capable.

his month doesnt surprise me and i have no faith that at some point this year they will ponder wanting to trade him again bc he acts out.

CityofTreez
01-24-2013, 03:45 PM
DC was lazy, hardly a headcase like cousins, but both have immense talent. HOF capable.

his month doesnt surprise me and i have no faith that at some point this year they will ponder wanting to trade him again bc he acts out.

It could happen, but ever since he was suspended by the team, he's really shaped up his attitude. Small things like getting called, and chipping at the refs have been limited. Used to happen ALOT, and he would foul out. As of late, he's controlled himself/performance, and his production has shown.

Recently, he's been getting his double-doubles before the 2nd Half.

True Sports Fan
01-24-2013, 04:06 PM

This guy is a competetior. He wants to win so bad and he plays with so much passion. Yes, he needs to learn how to control his emotion and passion and not let his emotion get the best of him. But hey, would you rather have a player who wants to win that bad and may overreact sometimes? Or would you rather have a player who simply doesn't really care that much like Howard or Bynum?

Cousins is a future leader by example. He's an inspiring player plays with a lot of heart. He just needs to work on controlling his emotion and not making dumb plays, no doubt.... and call it a headcase if you want..... but at least he wants to win. Get the right coaches and some good veterans around him and he'll be a top 10 player in the league one day. It's hard for him to not be so frustrated when his team loses so much. It's got to be even more frustrating when you know your team is loaded with tons of young talent and potential like the Kings, yet they play so poorly as a team. They need a new coach.

Couldn't have said it any better.

OceanSpray
01-24-2013, 04:09 PM

I agree with half of what you say completely. However, it's frustrating when you watch the game and see Cousins grabbing a rebound and then running the PG. For some reason, he also decides to take threes. That's unteachable and it's obvious he needs to understand what his role is. He reminds me a lot like Shaq. He's like a mini version because his size and skill is certainly there. It's just the fact that he doesn't make smart decisions.

JLynn943
01-24-2013, 04:14 PM
I agree with half of what you say completely. However, it's frustrating when you watch the game and see Cousins grabbing a rebound and then running the PG. For some reason, he also decides to take threes. That's unteachable and it's obvious he needs to understand what his role is. He reminds me a lot like Shaq. He's like a mini version because his size and skill is certainly there. It's just the fact that he doesn't make smart decisions.
Yeah, he definitely tries to do things he shouldn't. For a center, he's a good dribbler and good passer, but that does not mean he's good enough to run point. He doesn't do those types of things a lot, but he does need to play more within his talents. That's something a good coach would coach him out of doing.

STL Don
01-24-2013, 04:15 PM
Yeah, he's a rising center in this league, and the best player on his team.
Unfortunately, the rest of the players on the Kings, for the most part, suck. Their record sucks, and I'm not sure how long it's going to take again before they become relevant.
If he were on a team with more talent and proved to be more mature, I could see him participating in future all-star games.

Pujolsfan91
01-24-2013, 04:15 PM

I was a big fan of Monroe when the pistons drafted him. I told my friend he would be a good consolation prize to DeMarcus. That turned out to be true, but when Cousins' head is in the game.. he is a better, more explosive player than Monroe imo.

Greg has also not been anywhere as efficient as last year. His PPG have been about the same, rebounds are down. Free Throw shooting is down. The big one is that his fg% is also down from .521 to .471. I've been happy with his play recently as he's been getting plenty of double doubles, so we'll see. Drummond has out performed him in limited minutes too.

Cousins has been impressive the last month, lets see if he keeps it up.. or he could just get suspended for something stupid again.

Infamous916
01-24-2013, 04:23 PM

Great post.

You also have to assume 90% of these posters don't watch Kings games & only go on the 5 second highlight ESPN shows.

texanmonstra011
01-24-2013, 05:34 PM

just like everyone else is saying, good post. Although sometimes he tries to do too much. He's just gotta make smarter plays out there sometimes but other than that, this post is dead on. He should play with the spurs.

True Sports Fan
01-25-2013, 03:54 PM
just like everyone else is saying, good post. Although sometimes he tries to do too much. He's just gotta make smarter plays out there sometimes but other than that, this post is dead on. He should play with the spurs.
Or just have an actual good coach... But as long Maloofs remain team owners that probably isn't going to be happening anytime soon.

ShockerArt
01-25-2013, 04:31 PM
Cousins is extremely talented. I loved the guy when he was at Kentucky. He just needs to play hard and play smart. Having anything better than a travesty at head coach would go a long way for him too.

DerekRE_3
01-25-2013, 11:01 PM
Cousins is extremely talented. I loved the guy when he was at Kentucky. He just needs to play hard and play smart. Having anything better than a travesty at head coach would go a long way for him too.

**** ownership as well. It starts at the top. Kings have been a pathetic organization that can't develop their players for awhile now.

Arch Stanton
01-26-2013, 12:14 AM
Boogie should've made the all-star game!

texanmonstra011
01-26-2013, 02:29 AM
**** ownership as well. It starts at the top. Kings have been a pathetic organization that can't develop their players for awhile now.

kind of looks like your 49ers from 2005 to when they finally got serious in the front office. i agree. it all starts at the top.

texanmonstra011
01-26-2013, 02:30 AM
Boogie should've made the all-star game!

He should of. The whole "all stars have to be on winning teams" thing is stupid. I'm glad kyrie irving made it. Hopefully the league goes back to all stars being all stars, regardless if their team is losing.

roshan3ai
02-04-2013, 08:59 PM
He's Eddy Curry? Curry couldn't grab more than 7 boards a game...