PDA

View Full Version : Bos/okc

BleedingGreen9
01-23-2013, 10:30 PM
Time to blow it up?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bebyld4

Kg has a no trade contract but maybe if it is to a serious contendor he gives the go ahead

C's get:Lamb, JonesIII, and Perk(just to get $$ to match) + first round pick from toronto
OKC gets: KG A serious veteran that tremendously helps on a championship push on D as well as O

Then try and trade Pierce and Terry to a playoff team trying to make a push for expirings or youth + draft picks

JNoel
01-24-2013, 09:41 AM
Not bad, Celtics need to rebuild soon.

LJEATON26
01-26-2013, 08:01 AM
Why would the Thunder give up a possible top 10 lotto pick, and 2 good young prospects for a 36 year old KG?

BleedingGreen9
01-28-2013, 03:34 PM
^ KG is a huge upgrade over Perk on both sides of the ball+ Will probably retire at the end of the season witch gets them out of Perks contract and frees up 11M

The 2 good young prospects are stuck behind good young players and for the foreseeable future that's where they are going to stay

Westbrook
Sefolosha/Martin
KD
Ibaka
KG

LJEATON26
01-28-2013, 05:36 PM
^ KG is a huge upgrade over Perk on both sides of the ball+ Will probably retire at the end of the season witch gets them out of Perks contract and frees up 11M

The 2 good young prospects are stuck behind good young players and for the foreseeable future that's where they are going to stay

Westbrook
Sefolosha/Martin
KD
Ibaka
KG

So you want the Thunder to trade away all these young assets for a person who around 4 months from now will leave and then leave them with a hole in the middle of the paint next season that a lottery pick center could fill. If they want to get rid of Perkins then they can use their amnesty on him this summer and still draft a good young center to groom with the Toronto lottery pick. If they are giving up lamb and that 1st round pick I won't something more substantial then a 36 year old pf playing center.

TrueFan420
01-29-2013, 02:46 AM
Time to blow it up?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bebyld4

Kg has a no trade contract but maybe if it is to a serious contendor he gives the go ahead

C's get:Lamb, JonesIII, and Perk(just to get $$ to match) + first round pick from toronto
OKC gets: KG A serious veteran that tremendously helps on a championship push on D as well as O

Then try and trade Pierce and Terry to a playoff team trying to make a push for expirings or youth + draft picks
You'd be luck to get half of that for kg.

frenchie
01-29-2013, 08:58 AM
okc won't trade both lamb and jones, i don't even think they'll trade one.
and also do not except us to trade the first round pick from toront until the draft, because it will a lottery one and we might see what we can get before trade it (also see which pick we'll get, something between 6-12)

mdm692
01-30-2013, 12:54 PM
If OKC wants a championship I would do it in a heartbeat. KG instantly puts them over the top IMO and I'm almost certain every OKC fan wants to see a ring or 2 in KD's hand.

frenchie
01-30-2013, 01:15 PM
If OKC wants a championship I would do it in a heartbeat. KG instantly puts them over the top IMO and I'm almost certain every OKC fan wants to see a ring or 2 in KD's hand.

we haven't the same heartbeat :D
i don't tell that KG is not valuable but he doesn't worth lamb+jones+perk+ top 10 pick, be serious !
it's also don't know how our front office is working : we're not going on instant win for 2years and forgetting futur. We already have a contender team, witout any move and jones+lamb will be able to contribute a lot in the next few season at a lower price. so it's just not an option seing sam presti doing this. Obvioulsy for the c's it's great, but not for okc and this not an DNA's thunder move

Kjthunder
01-30-2013, 03:37 PM
If we cant take the pick out of the deal.I would do it for sure. KG would help us win this year, and the influence he would have on Ibaka and Thabeet would be incredible! Plus a lineup of Collison and KG together would probably be the most intelligent 4,5 combo in the nba when on teh court together

RC27
02-10-2013, 12:48 AM
If you forgot the TOR 1st and perk, i bet you they would do it. KG has 2 more years after this season. OKC would undoubtedly be the favorite to win it all. They have assets to acquire players through trades. They are rotting on the bench so it is not that they are waiting for them to develop. Cash in on the assets, and get your ring.

They also have TOR 1st which can be used for a big like Zeller to learn from garnett and take his spot when he retires.