PDA

View Full Version : Hoophype:Wiz front runners for rudy gay

jason17
01-23-2013, 08:24 PM
Thatís doesnít mean Washington isnít looking to shake some things up. Sources close to the process peg the Wizards as a front runner in the ongoing Rudy Gay talks with Memphis and that they do have several other situations they are involved in. The Wizards are not sending out rookie Bradley Beal as some have reported, but they do have several pieces that are moveable and attractive. HoopsWorld

:clap:Do it wizards.

thedfactor
01-23-2013, 08:40 PM
Will have to impress the Grizzlies simply because they aren't forced to deal Gay anymore to get under the tax line this season following the trade with Cleveland.

Package built around Jordan Crawford doesn't seem to cut it just yet, will have to see who else is part of it.

JNoel
01-23-2013, 08:42 PM
I've seen this thread 3 or 4 times already.

RipCity32
01-23-2013, 08:47 PM
Grizz are not going to trade at least not this year

TrueFan420
01-23-2013, 08:49 PM
Isn't this old news

NYKnickFanatic
01-23-2013, 08:49 PM
I've seen this thread 3 or 4 times already.

Right?! Lol

And it gets closed every time! :laugh2:

MrfadeawayJB
01-23-2013, 09:05 PM
not happening now that Speights has been dealt

jason17
01-23-2013, 09:17 PM

Doesn't mean anything . The grizz can still obtain Craw and first pick and others with good value since Rudy might be dealt any ways .

And people above please sorry if we are still talking about Howard to Brooklyn or some lame crap . THats all ive read.

JNoel
01-23-2013, 09:21 PM
Right?! Lol

And it gets closed every time! :laugh2:
:hi5:

Doesn't mean anything . The grizz can still obtain Craw and first pick and others with good value since Rudy might be dealt any ways .

And people above please sorry if we are still talking about Howard to Brooklyn or some lame crap . THats all ive read.

The title says Hoopshype and the source says Hoopsworld.

MrfadeawayJB
01-23-2013, 10:03 PM

If the grizz still want to trade Gay it will be for a deal better than that... They could have had that deal before trading Speights if they wanted it

seikou8
01-23-2013, 10:05 PM
it is offcial i think the west is a three race between the spurs clips and the favorite the thunder no one esle

ThaDubs
01-23-2013, 10:12 PM

So what if Speights was dealt?
We already knew that the Grizzlies were sorta rebuilding so it's more than likely that Speights isn't the only one that'll be gone before 2014.

Blitzbolt
01-23-2013, 10:24 PM
I don't see it maybe in the offseason but not now.Especially after that big trade.

mzgrizz
01-23-2013, 11:42 PM
Rebuilding my ***. We still have our core of 4.

reffahead
01-23-2013, 11:50 PM
Serapin, Okafor, and top 3 protected 2013 pick.

mzgrizz
01-24-2013, 12:36 AM
In all fairness, I just saw local news and Chris wallace does NOT rule out another trade but he didn't say whom.

Cracka2HI!
01-24-2013, 02:09 AM
I think the Grizz made a good move getting under the tax. They are in must position to trade Gay now. I don't think they ever wanted to trade Z-Bo. Trading Gay make some sense for them IMO. He is their top scorer and scoring is their biggest problem. Replacing him with 2-3 solid role players might get them back on track. With the way GS has looked this week and Denver on the rise Memphis needs to get their offense back on track...no...killing the Lakers doesn't count.

mzgrizz
01-24-2013, 02:16 AM
I think the Grizz made a good move getting under the tax. They are in must position to trade Gay now. I don't think they ever wanted to trade Z-Bo. Trading Gay make some sense for them IMO. He is their top scorer and scoring is their biggest problem. Replacing him with 2-3 solid role players might get them back on track. With the way GS has looked this week and Denver on the rise Memphis needs to get their offense back on track...no...killing the Lakers doesn't count.

Yes yes it ALWAYS does and we got style points with this one too :)

mzgrizz
01-24-2013, 02:18 AM
Darrell Arthur answered the call big time. Just loved DA's presence on the team and Sooooo glad he's healthy as a thoroughbred !!!

mzgrizz
01-24-2013, 02:19 AM
Did I mention I got floor seats given to me tonight???? Yee haw it was great fun !!

Cracka2HI!
01-24-2013, 02:22 AM
Yes yes it ALWAYS does and we got style points with this one too :)

Everyone gets that against the Lakers :p

On a serious note the Grizz could make a great move trading Gay now that they have some leverage. I know they probably can't get Beal from Washington but if you could get a young player of that caliber for Gay it would be a great deal IMO!

Mr_Amaziing
01-24-2013, 02:10 PM
If Gay were gonna get traded then they'll probably look for a 3rd team

kenzo400
01-24-2013, 03:06 PM
Highly doubt there is any actual talk at this point, but if there is, I don't understand why they don't just send out Bradley Beal. It's not like he's ever going to be any better than Rudy Gay anyway. It's going to take him a couple of years to even get to that level.

j-bay
01-24-2013, 03:13 PM
Highly doubt there is any actual talk at this point, but if there is, I don't understand why they don't just send out Bradley Beal. It's not like he's ever going to be any better than Rudy Gay anyway. It's going to take him a couple of years to even get to that level.

Dude have you see Beal lately. He has been really good along with Wall lately. They shouldn't trade him. I think somethin along the lines of Ariza, Crawford, and 1st should get a deal done.

jason17
01-24-2013, 04:38 PM
:hi5:

The title says Hoopshype and the source says Hoopsworld.

because the origin from the info was on hoophype.

jason17
01-24-2013, 04:40 PM
If the grizz still want to trade Gay it will be for a deal better than that... They could have had that deal before trading Speights if they wanted it

Not really true at all we offer a pretty improving SG in Crawford than a first pick along with a good defender in Ariza and potential players in Singleton and Vesley and Booker. It actully would help the Grizz and just because they traded a few days ago means nothing they can still get there value now while it lasts at the moment and from what its been we are the best offer .Also they can be just still waiting to see before deadline for best offer i mean we have 2-3 weeks before it so no rush .

Victimize
01-24-2013, 04:42 PM

Its very possible for Beal to become better than Gay.

jason17
01-24-2013, 04:43 PM

Bradley Beal has improved much more lately and has been very good. The wizards are becoming much better and our offer will be good enough for Gay since our players can give them one starter and good role players along with the first pick that potentially can get them Muhummad but i doubt that I honestly think Washington plays out of the top 5 pick spot.

kenzo400
01-24-2013, 04:53 PM
Beal has been playing well lately, but I think his ceiling is limited. He can definitely be a good shooter and decent defender but I don't see any way he can be a superstar. Maybe an Eric Gordon type player with worse defense.

MrfadeawayJB
01-24-2013, 05:06 PM
Ronald Tillery ‏@CAGrizBlog
Griz CEO Jason Levien to media after practice: 'It's more likely than not that we do nothing (with core by Feb21). We really like our team.'

Retweeted by Rob Fischer

looks like no moves will be made

Ill21
01-24-2013, 05:10 PM
Gay isn't going anywhere. With the deal with the Cavs it put the Griz under the luxury tax line so now there is no need to trade Gay

OceanSpray
01-24-2013, 05:14 PM
I can't believe they are trying to trade Gay when he's their leading scorer and a good defender. I don't see why he's up for option.

Hawkeye15
01-24-2013, 05:45 PM
I can't believe they are trying to trade Gay when he's their leading scorer and a good defender. I don't see why he's up for option.

I doubt they are now, they just dumped $6 million in salary. The reason they were looking, is because of the 4 large contracts they employ, Gay is probably the least valuable basketball player. His points come at below average efficiency, and his defense can be easily replaced. He is that shot creating, gets a GM excited overpay that happens all the time. No way on earth Gay is worth the money he makes, nor is his skillset worth going over the harsh luxury tax for.

OceanSpray
01-24-2013, 06:19 PM
I doubt they are now, they just dumped $6 million in salary. The reason they were looking, is because of the 4 large contracts they employ, Gay is probably the least valuable basketball player. His points come at below average efficiency, and his defense can be easily replaced. He is that shot creating, gets a GM excited overpay that happens all the time. No way on earth Gay is worth the money he makes, nor is his skillset worth going over the harsh luxury tax for.

They are winning. Marc Gasol is doing terrible, why isn't he up for trade? It's the team in general as a whole, not just Gay.

Cracka2HI!
01-24-2013, 07:13 PM
I wasn't aware Marc Gasol was doing terrible?

Hawkeye15
01-24-2013, 07:22 PM
They are winning. Marc Gasol is doing terrible, why isn't he up for trade? It's the team in general as a whole, not just Gay.

Like I said, they won't have to do it this season now that they have shed some money, it was going to be purely a financial move. If you think Gasol was doing terribly, I kind of question your ability to understand the game dude, unless you don't watch them or understand the stats.

Even the monster market Lakers have a blueprint to get under the tax by 2014, the penalties will be so harsh. A small market team like the Grizzlies can not afford to be put in that position. Gay makes a ton of money, and is less important than Gasol and Randolph, hell even Conley has been a more impactful player this season than Gay.

OceanSpray
01-24-2013, 07:30 PM
Like I said, they won't have to do it this season now that they have shed some money, it was going to be purely a financial move. If you think Gasol was doing terribly, I kind of question your ability to understand the game dude, unless you don't watch them or understand the stats.

Even the monster market Lakers have a blueprint to get under the tax by 2014, the penalties will be so harsh. A small market team like the Grizzlies can not afford to be put in that position. Gay makes a ton of money, and is less important than Gasol and Randolph, hell even Conley has been a more impactful player this season than Gay.

I'm sorry, Gasol averages 7 rebounds a game while playing as a center. Brook Lopez averages more and he's a terrible rebounder. Gasol's season has declined compared to last year.

What Grizzlies are missing is a scorer. Rudy Gay is their best scorer regardless of what you say. He's also getting paid the same amount as Gasol while averaging 1 less rebound.

Conley is better than Gay... Lmao, enough said.

Hawkeye15
01-24-2013, 07:34 PM
I'm sorry, Gasol averages 7 rebounds a game while playing as a center. Brook Lopez averages more and he's a terrible rebounder. Gasol's season has declined compared to last year.

What Grizzlies are missing is a scorer. Rudy Gay is their best scorer regardless of what you say. He's also getting paid the same amount as Gasol while averaging 1 less rebound.

Conley is better than Gay... Lmao, enough said.

Do you have any grasp of anything other than basic per game, archaic stats? Gay is having a very down year efficiency wise, he isn't even an average scorer efficiency wise, he is a pure chucker this year.

Blitzbolt
01-24-2013, 11:23 PM
last season zbo was injured is hard to get good stats when zbon steals all the rebounds and some of his shots.Also today the owner said he won't trade gay this season.

texanmonstra011
01-25-2013, 12:01 AM
Cant believe memphis is willing to dump Gay like that.

eibbor
01-25-2013, 12:14 AM
I doubt they trade Gay. Would be huge for the Wiz tho... They could probably pick up 4 or 5 more wins this year...