PDA

View Full Version : Royce White Ready to Return

Victimize
01-23-2013, 04:43 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/players/playerpage/1992835/royce-white

The Houston Chronicle reports Rockets rookie forward Royce White, who has spent most of the season on Houston's inactive list while he and the team figure out how to handle his anxiety disorder and overall mental health, is close to returning to action. In a radio interview Wednesday, White said he plans to report to the NBA's D-League Feb. 11, pending a final resolution with the team. “The resolution, when I say we’re in the 12th hour, what I literally mean is we’re in the 12th hour ... any hour now this thing will be over,” White said. “I’m supposed to be returning to the D-League on February 11. That was the plan. We’ll see if it finally goes through but last thing I heard was that’s what we’re going to do, that’s what we’re planning to do. Waiting on everybody to get the right paperwork done and stuff."

According to a person with knowledge of the situation, the Rockets are close to making an announcement White will return to the team under a written agreement that includes key elements of the protocols White wanted as an addendum to his contract. However, the agreement will not give authority for decision making to an individual outside the organization, which is what White wanted. “We’re in constant communication with Royce and hope to get him back in the fold soon," general manager Daryl Morey said.

Victimize
01-23-2013, 04:47 PM
Glad to see both sides finally reached a resolution.

JNoel
01-23-2013, 04:51 PM
Lullz. As soon as the paycheck stops coming in, he realizes he needs to start playing again. I say they don't pay him for the rest of the season to make up for his missed time...

JiffyMix88
01-23-2013, 04:52 PM
Lullz. As soon as the paycheck stops coming in, he realizes he needs to start playing again. I say they don't pay him for the rest of the season to make up for his missed time...

He stopped getting paid?

Snakeyestx
01-23-2013, 04:53 PM
I, and probably every other Rocket fan in the world couldn't give a toss if this guy is ready or not.

He should be the first name on the list of trades before the deadline... period.

(The Impossible edit) : Let's trade our headcase for the Lakers headcase. :p

sep11ie
01-23-2013, 04:57 PM
He stopped getting paid?

He was suspended without pay.

CityofTreez
01-23-2013, 04:58 PM
Slow steps Royce....

Tell me how you really feel?

MrfadeawayJB
01-23-2013, 04:59 PM
needs money lol

IgglesFanInCO
01-23-2013, 05:04 PM
hes a total ******* but im still excited to see how he plays :shrug: dudes got a unique skillset, really wanted him to fall to the nuggets...... well now im glad he didnt.............. but still

Lab Rat Robby
01-23-2013, 05:07 PM
trade him and a 2nd to san antonio. we'll give you blair and a late 1st.

topdog
01-23-2013, 05:13 PM
I hope this thing is finally over and that maybe some of the details come out because this whole situation has been more confusing than anything with the ambiguity in what both sides have said publicly.

TopsyTurvy
01-23-2013, 05:27 PM
Both sides blew the whole situation out of proportion. Royce saw a glint of public support for his "cause" and tried to capitalize on it. The team turned around, sent off the legal team to review his contract situation, health, and positioning of the players union, then finally suspended him without pay and forced the issue.

Who would have thought that when the money stops, suddenly the player is ready to come to a "resolution?"

:rolleyes:

JasonJohnHorn
01-23-2013, 07:09 PM
I'm not sure "return" is the right word, since he has yet to actually play for them in the regular season... but I am excited about this. I hope it works out well for all parties involved. I think this guy can be something special. Lookin' at his college numbers, the fact that he lead his team in every major category is pretty impressive.

KniCks4LiFe
01-23-2013, 07:16 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/players/playerpage/1992835/royce-white

so they stop paying his *** and now homie wants to play. Trade this fool.

KingPosey
01-23-2013, 07:19 PM
Shocker, he can play All the sudden

Anji
01-23-2013, 07:27 PM
They just can't put a bag over his head???

I kid.......but really, he's 20 what ever years old, I think if he was 30 something he would do what ever he could to play in the NBA.

mamba24
01-23-2013, 07:37 PM
i think they made the arena a little safer... bumpers on all the sharp corners and edges around the court, child locks on cabinets that had chemicals stored inside, and those little child fences so they couldnt wander into dangerous areas in the arena... white is big on safety...

dodgersuck
01-23-2013, 07:40 PM
Watch him be a complete bust after all of this ********.