PDA

View Full Version : Lakers should trade Pau and Howard

DomLA06
01-23-2013, 01:24 PM
Heres why... but first to start off im new here so i dont know if this idea has been brought up or if discussed. Secondly im a LA sports fan that lives in Chicago. Been to LA several times
gone to lakers and dodger games.
anyway i think the lakers have to trade both Pau and Howard to get younge Kobe and Nash are going to be done in the next couple of years so the lakers should cash in and rebuild for the future. Get some young talent draft picks etc

NYKnickFanatic
01-23-2013, 01:28 PM
Agreed. Time to rebuild.

Gators123
01-23-2013, 01:32 PM
Howard to the Cats for Bismack Biyombo

Kobe to the Kings for Jimmer

Gasol to the Raptors for Calderon (To make Crooner happy)

Nash to the Pistons for Slava Kravtsov

justinnum1
01-23-2013, 01:34 PM
Howard to the Cats for Bismack Biyombo

Kobe to the Kings for Jimmer

Gasol to the Raptors for Calderon (To make Crooner happy)

Nash to the Pistons for Slava Kravtsov

lakers would have to throw in a future first with kobe to jimmer

JLynn943
01-23-2013, 01:35 PM
Welcome to PSD

I guess it all depends on how confident they are in their ability to re-sign Dwight. If they think he'll come back, just trade Pau for some decent pieces and try to make a run while Nash and Kobe can still play. If they trade Pau for people who can shoot, then even if Dwight leaves they could run another 7-seconds-or-less type of offense next year and just hope Kobe and Nash hold up. But, if the locker room is bad and Dwight is unhappy, get rid of him. I'm sure Houston would listen.

KniCks4LiFe
01-23-2013, 01:37 PM
Agreed. Time to rebuild.

But how many times didn't we say this? It's a stark reality, they don't play in a weak enough division to run w/ those vets. Kobe's cooked right now. Dwight is gone, Lakers fans need to realize that, he doesn't want to play over there. Lakers mgmt. has done everything to make it look peachy, he never really wanted to play over there and he's mentally a child who doesn't take losses as a big thing. Gasol just don't like D'Antoni. So yeh. You deal both. You try to pawn him off and move on.

Kyben36
01-23-2013, 01:40 PM
Dont you Rebuild around your youngest players, a la Dwight. not around your two oldest in Kobe and Nash.

if anything you trade Gasol, maybe even nash, dont see kobe as tradeable and will retire a laker. and you build around the best Center in the league, not around a 34 year old SG and 38 year old PG.

KniCks4LiFe
01-23-2013, 01:43 PM
Dont you Rebuild around your youngest players, a la Dwight. not around your two oldest in Kobe and Nash.

if anything you trade Gasol, maybe even nash, dont see kobe as tradeable and will retire a laker. and you build around the best Center in the league, not around a 34 year old SG and 38 year old PG.

Dwight doesn't want to stay. They are fronting an image that he does in order to save the drama. There are already reports how they are shopping him yet it looks like teams are staying away, specifically the Nets for some odd reason covet Lopez over Howard.

oak2455
01-23-2013, 01:51 PM
lakers would have to throw in a furutre first with kobe to jimmer

furutre :confused:

oak2455
01-23-2013, 01:52 PM
dwight doesn't want to stay. They are fronting an image that he does in order to save the drama. There are already reports how they are shopping him yet it looks like teams are staying away, specifically the nets for some odd reason covet lopez over howard.

he's been good why change for that pain in the *****

KniCks4LiFe
01-23-2013, 01:54 PM
he's been good why change for that pain in the *****

b/c that pain in the *** went to the NBA Finals. Do you believe the Nets as they are constructed are an NBA Finals team?

Hellcrooner
01-23-2013, 01:54 PM
yeah, lets play with nba trade machine or 2k and come up with some crazy trades like

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=byrrbbj

NOT

justinnum1
01-23-2013, 01:56 PM
furutre :confused:

chrome thought that was a word lol

RayLewis 3:16
01-23-2013, 01:57 PM
No sense of building a team around a guy who care more about fame then a ring...no ones a building a team around a guy that cant make free throws, you'll lose every game that's within a couple points in the end. How embarrassing to start getting fouled by teams on purpose when there is 4 minutes left in the game.
-Keep Gasol
-Trade Howard and Duhon for Josh Smith and Devin Harris both have contracts expiring after this year

justinnum1
01-23-2013, 01:57 PM
b/c that pain in the *** went to the NBA Finals. Do you believe the Nets as they are constructed are an NBA Finals team?

They have just as good a chance to get to the finals as the bulls or heat.

xnick5757
01-23-2013, 01:59 PM
yeah, lets play with nba trade machine or 2k and come up with some crazy trades like

NOT

Kobe for Lebron and Wade
Gasol for Paul
Nash for Love

Boom

PG: Chris Paul
SG: Dwayne Wade
SF: LeBron James
PF: Kevin Love
C: Dwight Howard

it works - http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bj869wm

sep11ie
01-23-2013, 02:01 PM
lololololololol ANOTHER ONE...

xnick5757
01-23-2013, 02:03 PM
OR even better:

Gasol for Paul
Kobe for Durant/Westy/Ibaka
Nash/MWP for LeBron

PG: Paul
SG: Westy
SF: Durant
PF: LeBron
C: Howard

Ibaka comes off the bench

(this, amazingly, works $$$wise - http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=adg58ad)

sep11ie
01-23-2013, 02:04 PM
How about Kobe for a prime MJ, Nash for LeBron, Metta for Ish Thomas, Pau for CWebb, Dwight for Eddy Curry?

Hellcrooner
Kobe for Lebron and Wade
Gasol for Paul
Nash for Love

Boom

PG: Chris Paul
SG: Dwayne Wade
SF: LeBron James
PF: Kevin Love
C: Dwight Howard

it works - http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bj869wm

nice one!!!!!!

come on , someone try to work out a crazier one.

Pity the machine only allows you to use 4 teams or i would try to do a 30 team trade.,

Twins Fanatic
Minny will LA Derrick, Luke, and B-Roy for Pau; and maybe a pick.

xnick5757
01-23-2013, 02:07 PM
nice one!!!!!!

come on , someone try to work out a crazier one.

Pity the machine only allows you to use 4 teams or i would try to do a 30 team trade.,

I know, it sucks.

LeBron, Bosh, Wade, Durant, Westbrook, Lopez, Ibaka, and Blatche for Kobe, Gasol, Howard, Blake, Nash, and MWP also works.

oak2455
01-23-2013, 02:10 PM

just as good as anyone

oak2455
01-23-2013, 02:10 PM
chrome thought that was a word lol

:laugh:

KniCks4LiFe
01-23-2013, 02:11 PM

NOT

woahhhhhh no. You still have Brooks and Blatche in Brooklyn after that and add Ridnour and Pek, hell no.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=adrrnsb

I could see something like this

KniCks4LiFe
01-23-2013, 02:12 PM
just as good as anyone

IDK. 7 game series that Lopez will take them to the promised land. If you're a GM you have to weigh does Brook or Howard get me closer to the NBA championship.

sep11ie
01-23-2013, 02:16 PM
Dwight has kinda cute cheek bones like Westy as opposed to Pau who does not have attractive cheek bones.

xnick5757
01-23-2013, 02:16 PM
woahhhhhh no. You still have Brooks and Blatche in Brooklyn after that and add Ridnour and Pek, hell no.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=adrrnsb

I could see something like this

:facepalm:

learn2make realistic trades bro

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=balxvx2

KniCks4LiFe
01-23-2013, 02:17 PM
They have just as good a chance to get to the finals as the bulls or heat.

Bulls are getting Derrick Rose back, the Heat have picked up their intensity on D. They may be figuring it out. The Nets next move is crucial for their season and franchise.

justinnum1
01-23-2013, 02:18 PM
Bulls are getting Derrick Rose back, the Heat have picked up their intensity on D. They may be figuring it out. The Nets next move is crucial for their season and franchise.

I still think they need to pass it more, but if JJ keeps playing like he has and the nets keep playing hard they will be tough to beat

KniCks4LiFe
01-23-2013, 02:26 PM
I still think they need to pass it more, but if JJ keeps playing like he has and the nets keep playing hard they will be tough to beat

you and I know, Deng, Bron', Granger, Shump (to a lesser extent) Bradley...they can shut him down or make the night difficult for him. They move the ball Brook stretches the floor, but will he be able to take over the game is still not clear.

Nomar
01-23-2013, 02:29 PM
I'm hoping the Celtics can magically pull off a Green centered deal package for Gasol.

crownroyal1430
01-23-2013, 02:29 PM
No sense of building a team around a guy who care more about fame then a ring...no ones a building a team around a guy that cant make free throws, you'll lose every game that's within a couple points in the end. How embarrassing to start getting fouled by teams on purpose when there is 4 minutes left in the game.
-Keep Gasol
-Trade Howard and Duhon for Josh Smith and Devin Harris both have contracts expiring after this year

thats a good idea but Im a Atlanta fan and there is no way we give up Josh Smith for Dwight, maybe Al Horford

KniCks4LiFe
01-23-2013, 02:43 PM
:facepalm:

learn2make realistic trades bro

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=balxvx2

troll much? and that's realistic? :laugh2:

ztilzer31
01-23-2013, 02:48 PM
Okay. Sick of all these Lakers threads. Your team isn't relevant, and you should not have more than 5 threads in 12 hours on the same ****ing topic.

Hellcrooner
01-23-2013, 02:57 PM
Okay. Sick of all these Lakers threads. Your team isn't relevant, and you should not have more than 5 threads in 12 hours on the same ****ing topic.

the lakers, bulls and knicks are relevant regardless if they are at the top or the bottom.

if they are on the top, because they are on the top.
it they are on the bottom because they are on the bottom.

Thats how life goes.

got it?

WITZ
01-23-2013, 02:57 PM
If they trade both of those guys they are just making their own draft pick better for the Suns :laugh2: because they traded it for Nash. Howard and Pau could net multiple 1st but they will most likely be from a contender and be in the 23 and below range.

ztilzer31
01-23-2013, 03:40 PM
the lakers, bulls and knicks are relevant regardless if they are at the top or the bottom.

if they are on the top, because they are on the top.
it they are on the bottom because they are on the bottom.

Thats how life goes.

got it?

This is literally the 5th thread on the same **** since last night.

Should we trade Pau?
Should we trade Dwight?

This should be in the Lakers forum, and if any should only have ONE THREAD OPEN. The reason you don't see them get longer then 3 pages is because the same people are posting on them, and the reason they keep disappearing after a couple days is because the threads aren't receiving enough posts.. Lakers fans. No one else cares. Put it in the LAKERS FORUM.

GiantsSwaGG
01-23-2013, 04:16 PM
troll much? and that's realistic? :laugh2:

I have a honest question, not trying to bait or troll being dead serious. Why do you care soooo much about the Nets if you claim you're a Knicks fan?

b-ballistic
01-24-2013, 12:12 AM
Yes, they should trade both now while they can still get something for them. I never wanted Howard in the first place. The dude's just a distraction and it was obvious it wasn't gonna work with Kobe. But I think Mitch had a greater plan at work. Get Howard to increase value in a a second, upcoming trade.

Atlanta seems like a good option. But we'd prolly end up with Horford instead of Josh. Get some draft picks and then send them to another team for a lotto pick and get like a Noels or a Porter in the draft.

Time to re-build

JasonJohnHorn
01-24-2013, 12:29 AM
They need to call up BK and see if they can wrestle Lopez, Humphries and Wallace away for Dwight and Gasol.