PDA

View Full Version : First to go, Pau or Dwight?

JNoel
01-22-2013, 09:39 PM
Easy answer is Pau, but Dwight has pulled some real BS lately. Any of these guys can be traded any minute if not already done so. I'm starting to lean towards Dwight, but its anyone's guess at this point.

ThaDubs
01-22-2013, 09:40 PM
:facepalm:

JNoel
01-22-2013, 09:44 PM

NBA_Starter
01-22-2013, 09:50 PM
Dwight

ILLUSIONIST^248
01-22-2013, 09:51 PM
Yay more laker threads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ManRam
01-22-2013, 09:51 PM
Dwight is a 27 year old franchise center piece.

Pau is not.

They're going to have to make major changes eventually, why not keep the franchise guy and work from there? I hope LAL trade Dwight. It would be great to see them mess that up.

Also, :horse:

bucketss
01-22-2013, 09:56 PM
i wish they would do something stupid and trade dwight

TheNumber37
01-22-2013, 09:57 PM
Dwight should go, but only because he has the most trade value and isn't a lock to stay with them this Summer.
BUT, Pau will go because Buss is afraid of looking bad on the Mike D over Phil J and Brian S situation.

NBA_Starter
01-22-2013, 10:07 PM
i wish they would do something stupid and trade dwight

So it's not stupid to let him walk for nothing in return?:confused:

Lab Rat Robby
01-22-2013, 10:09 PM
it's gotta be dwight, he's not going to re-sign. lakers need to find out where he wants to go. it's gotta be nets or hawks. work a 3 way deal. get a young big that can shoot, play alongside pau, and is under contract for a couple years or at least restricted. also get a young point that can learn from nash, play for resting or injured nash, and is also under contract for a couple years or at least restricted. teague/ horford, lopez/ watson, or 3 way combination that gets a better point than watson i'd say bledsoe or maynor.

ManRam
01-22-2013, 10:10 PM
Dwight ain't walking

NBA_Starter
01-22-2013, 10:10 PM
it's gotta be dwight, he's not going to re-sign. lakers need to find out where he wants to go. it's gotta be nets or hawks. work a 3 way deal. get a young big that can shoot, play alongside pau, and is under contract for a couple years or at least restricted. also get a young point that can learn from nash, play for resting or injured nash, and is also under contract for a couple years or at least restricted. teague/ horford, lopez/ watson, or 3 way combination that gets a better point than watson i'd say bledsoe or maynor.

Exactly, they have to get something in return.

Dwight ain't walking

He's gone

JNoel
01-22-2013, 10:11 PM
Dwight won't walk, but if the Lakers don't get their **** together soon, we'll have another Dwightmare on our hands.

Baller1
01-22-2013, 10:14 PM
Pau very obviously.

NBA_Starter
01-22-2013, 10:15 PM
The only way I see Dwight not walking is if they make the playoffs and win at least one series.

kblo247
01-22-2013, 10:18 PM
To be fair I can see Dwight being the type to sign on for a full new contract with bird rights, then saying ok trade me.

ManRam
01-22-2013, 10:20 PM
Playoffs or not, if the Lakers offer him the money (they'd be dumb not to), he'll stay.

Speaking in absolute convictions about Dwight is silly, but he isn't getting to Brooklyn or New York. He isn't getting to Chicago. He isn't getting Deron so he probably isn't going to Dallas. Really all he's got is Atlanta and despite him being from the area, he's never once suggested he wanted to play there.

And even if he does, waiting it out and trying is worth the gamble. He's worth the risk. If he bolts, whatever. They'll be ready to rebuild anyways. They'll have **** tons of money to spend in 2014.

NBA_Starter
01-22-2013, 10:22 PM
Playoffs or not, if the Lakers offer him the money (they'd be dumb not to), he'll stay.

Speaking in absolute convictions about Dwight is silly, but he isn't getting to Brooklyn or New York. He isn't getting to Chicago. He isn't getting Deron so he probably isn't going to Dallas. Really all he's got is Atlanta and despite him being from the area, he's never once suggested he wanted to play there.

And even if he does, waiting it out and trying is worth the gamble. He's worth the risk. If he bolts, whatever. They'll be ready to rebuild anyways. They'll have **** tons of money to spend in 2014.

But couldn't Cleveland offer LeBron the most back when he was a FA?

Cracka2HI!
01-22-2013, 10:28 PM
I think they should trade Howard but will trade Gasol. I don't think he is a franchise player anymore. 27 is not young for a 7 footer. I am also not confident that a guy who had back surgery and hasn't recovered ever will. Once again 27 is not young for a 7 footer coming off back surgery who's game revolves around him being stronger and faster than everyone he plays against. I think the Lakers will lock up Howard and he will be a cancer for years to come.

ldawg
01-22-2013, 10:33 PM
Howard cant leave La. If he leaves it will hurt his name and brand that he could not make it in a big Market and the pressure was to much for him to handle.

97NYer
01-22-2013, 10:47 PM
D'antoni, all 29 other coaches in the league would have this team in the playoffs. Mike D is the worst coach in the NBA, it is beyond me how he ever got another job at any level after New York.

Mikeb29
01-22-2013, 10:50 PM
How bout trade them both to the wolves for love Williams and picks or some role players. Just end this disaster

ZamboniCub
01-22-2013, 10:56 PM
How bout trade them both to the wolves for love Williams and picks or some role players. Just end this disaster

typical laker fan.... how about team X gives us their best players and assets and we poop on their face.

dwight isnt that valuable without a sign and trade
pau is obviously not valuable as he sucks and makes 20+mill

you should have kept your picks they are looking good right now!

NBA_Starter
01-22-2013, 10:59 PM
D'antoni, all 29 other coaches in the league would have this team in the playoffs. Mike D is the worst coach in the NBA, it is beyond me how he ever got another job at any level after New York.

QFT

Every word of it.

Mikeb29
01-22-2013, 11:00 PM
Wolves want gasol for a while now and every team in the league if they could would grab Howard in a second. You make it like its gasol and earl Clark I'm talking about.

sep11ie
01-22-2013, 11:02 PM
Jnoel.

ZamboniCub
01-22-2013, 11:05 PM
the chances of Dwight signing with minny are the chances of your trade idea....
wolves probably dont want pau as he is having knee issues and that is the last thing they need on a roster of 10.
i think all the wolves want pau is a bunch of laker homers driving a dead story. more like lakers want Love.

ThaDubs
01-22-2013, 11:05 PM
Yay more laker threads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah I know right! They're not good enough to have this many!

Mikeb29
01-22-2013, 11:14 PM
Golden state lol

ManRam
01-22-2013, 11:17 PM
But couldn't Cleveland offer LeBron the most back when he was a FA?

Yeah. Cleveland isn't Los Angeles though. Hard to really compare the two situations. LeBron left so that he could actually play with championship caliber talent; Dwight will have that in LA almost regardless. Dwight does want to win, and that is a big reason he left Orlando. He was hell bent on Brooklyn but that ain't happening in free agency.

ThaDubs
01-22-2013, 11:22 PM
Golden state lol

Why?

6 Lombardi's
01-22-2013, 11:40 PM
I still can't believe the Lakers are in this position. This is just all the worst case scenarios at once!!! Un laker like is an understatement!!! With that said. Lets go Lakers

justinnum1
01-23-2013, 12:07 AM
Dwight is a 27 year old franchise center piece.

Pau is not.

They're going to have to make major changes eventually, why not keep the franchise guy and work from there? I hope LAL trade Dwight. It would be great to see them mess that up.

Also, :horse:

franchise player? yes
#1 option on a contender? hell no

SINCESTARBURY25
01-23-2013, 12:36 AM
I used to say I would take Dwight on the Knicks but when you do something like walk around your locker room with a stat sheet complaining about how you only got 5 shots thats really childish. Especially when your on a play off team like the Lakers. Kobe isnt going to go for this crap. I dont think he will leave but I think Dwight is as good as gone. If I were the Lakers Id call up the Hawks, Mavs, Rockets, Nets in that order.

Jarvo
01-23-2013, 12:54 AM
To me does it really matter? Dwight to me isn't a franchise player as in "the number one option", But he's a good piece to a true number one scoring option.

ThaDubs
01-23-2013, 12:55 AM
I used to say I would take Dwight on the Knicks but when you do something like walk around your locker room with a stat sheet complaining about how you only got 5 shots thats really childish. Especially when your on a play off team like the Lakers. Kobe isnt going to go for this crap. I dont think he will leave but I think Dwight is as good as gone. If I were the Lakers Id call up the Hawks, Mavs, Rockets, Nets in that order.

He had a damn good reason to walk around the locker room with a stat sheet when he's getting 3x less shots than he should be getting. Kobe is the reason for this teams downfall. He's been playing like Jon Starks vs. the 94 Hawks... He needs to stop forcing up shots when he's off (which he has been recently) and actually let others create for themselves. I know the concept of letting others create with the ball is probably a tough one for Kobe to understand, but it will help the Lakers. Dwight's not getting the shots he deserves and it's not doing anything for the teams chemistry or win %. Oh and Lakers are not a playoff team, lol to that.

justinnum1
01-23-2013, 12:58 AM
dwight for all horford and Kyle korver

Lab Rat Robby
01-23-2013, 04:05 PM
gambling on dwight, or easily done horford +? hmmm i'll take horford +. i bet atl front office would give up any asset to pair dwight with smith and still keep teague. turn that atl+ into pachulia, jenkins, and a pick, add clark, and go get evans from sacramento. there, kobe is still the man in la with a monster team that can collectively take the wheel once he's gone. dwight and smith are hawks, talk about 2 birds with one stone. like atl doesn't have a big enough market to retain those guys. that's where kenny, charles, ernie, and shaq are every almost every thursday night. the hawks could rebrand and be team inside the nba.