PDA

View Full Version : Michael Jordan: The Legend Of The Greatest - 4 HOURS!!

BlowingDro
01-22-2013, 07:28 PM
Hello, new to the forums. I copied and pasted my post from the insidehoops forums..Thought Id share this video over here if you haven't seen it..Every b-ball fan should see it whether you like the man or not...hope you enjoy..now to the copied and pasted part

Sorry if this has been posted already but I didn't see it...but this should put to rest even a whisper of who the goat is...4 hours

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KamJ25XsgpY

Video was posted 1 week ago on youtube...4 hours of Michael Jordan, seemingly every offensive play in his career...I know its not but if seems like it..and his college career...Also passes and blocks and just a lot of ridiculous stuff....To hell with the 3 point shooters..this man may be the greatest shooter also in NBA history, watch the amount and variety of shots he hits in this thing..I thought I had seen everything Jordan there was to see..This dude must own every Jordan game every televised as most of this footage is from the original TV broadcasts....This has been downloaded and burned and played in my DVD player all week, lol...I hated Jordan, I love the Pacers..I hate the Bulls...This man is another stratosphere....

BlowingDro
01-24-2013, 01:30 AM
Easily the best highlight video Ive ever seen..

Mr_Jones
01-24-2013, 01:36 AM
puppies grow up to be dogs

Fired-Up
01-24-2013, 02:01 AM
Probably the first time I've seen extensive college footage of Jordan. Is it just me or did he seem much more explosive with the Bulls? He just seemed to be quicker and got more air.

AIRMAR72
01-24-2013, 03:27 PM
Probably the first time I've seen extensive college footage of Jordan. Is it just me or did he seem much more explosive with the Bulls? He just seemed to be quicker and got more air.

I only remember him(Da blueprint) as a bull

BlowingDro
01-24-2013, 10:33 PM

I think its just the more free flowing nature of the NBA...he just didnt get a chance and probably didn't want to try a lot of those moves in college...

texanmonstra011
01-25-2013, 12:08 AM
nice

shep33
01-25-2013, 12:28 AM
When's the Mike James 5 hour volume come out?

celtics 34
01-25-2013, 01:17 AM
When's the Mike James 5 hour volume come out?

Not until the white mambas the man the myth the legends 24 hour video .

ackar
01-25-2013, 01:42 AM
excellent find!!! Big ups!!!!!

NYKalltheway
01-25-2013, 01:44 AM
great video! Going to my collection if I manage to download it :D

shep33
01-25-2013, 01:49 AM
Not until the white mambas the man the myth the legends 24 hour video .

I'd watch that twice in a row

shep33
01-25-2013, 01:49 AM
Jokes aside, it's a great video man :clap:

Hawkeye15
01-25-2013, 02:17 AM
The best player I have ever seen. He was unreal. I spent from age 11-26 in awe.

Hawkeye15
01-25-2013, 02:29 AM
Just watched the first 40 minutes. To any Kobe fan who thinks he is on the same level, you are insane. I have never seen anything like Jordan, including LeBron. I get caught up in my age, and the fact that I grew up with MJ, but my god, how on earth do you do some of the stuff he did? Its not possible

kntresistheheat
01-25-2013, 11:14 AM
Just watched the first 40 minutes. To any Kobe fan who thinks he is on the same level, you are insane. I have never seen anything like Jordan, including LeBron. I get caught up in my age, and the fact that I grew up with MJ, but my god, how on earth do you do some of the stuff he did? Its not possible

This. The guy was amazing! I also had the pleasure to watch his career. I lived in Chicago and went to a few bulls games and the very first game I saw it was Bulls vs Celtics because my cousin was a huge Celtic and Larry bird fan and I remember being a 10 yr old kid and I was amazed how easy he made the game look. I never missed another game of his and even when I became a true basketball fan/junkie and started to follow the Heat in 95 I still was a fan of the greatest player ever.

effen5
01-25-2013, 12:01 PM

one of my all time favorite moves by MJ was the layup he had against the Nets. He went through 4-5 Net Players, put on 4-5 different moves IN THE AIR.

Just mind boggling.

AIRMAR72
01-25-2013, 12:27 PM
one of my all time favorite moves by MJ was the layup he had against the Nets. He went through 4-5 Net Players, put on 4-5 different moves IN THE AIR.

Just mind boggling.

I know

Pierzynski4Prez
01-25-2013, 01:29 PM
Unbelievable hangtime

Hawkeye15
01-25-2013, 05:17 PM

Just mind boggling.

I know which one you are talking about. Floats from one side of the lane to the other, making multiple moves, sailing by multiple defenders. I have never seen anyone else that can do the things Jordan did.

72 Wins
01-25-2013, 08:20 PM
this was sick!

Supreme LA
01-25-2013, 09:33 PM
Simple the GOAT. It's so amazing to relive the evolution of MJ through this video. This man is the only true master of the game.

BlowingDro
01-27-2013, 12:24 AM
You all are showing more appreciation for the video than a couple of other forums I posted it on...I dont really have a favorite player, I mean Im a Pacer fan so you could say Reggie...I just appreciate great basketball and this video just shows that nobody compares, not Lebron, not Kobe, nobody...Ive never seen a collection of MJ highlights like this, actual, original broadcast? I asked the dude on youtube why he didn't make this into a DVD...

effen5
01-27-2013, 02:20 AM
Some of the things kids these days need to take notice in this video...

Jordan got to the rim at WILL with a defender at the rim at all time. There was no 3 seconds back then, centers camped the rim, and we're not talking centers like now a days but these were legit centers and they fouled hard.

Second, just watch Jordan's mid game....it is absolutely RIDICULOUS how incredible his mid game was.

effen5
01-27-2013, 02:24 AM
You all are showing more appreciation for the video than a couple of other forums I posted it on...I dont really have a favorite player, I mean Im a Pacer fan so you could say Reggie...I just appreciate great basketball and this video just shows that nobody compares, not Lebron, not Kobe, nobody...Ive never seen a collection of MJ highlights like this, actual, original broadcast? I asked the dude on youtube why he didn't make this into a DVD...

Thanks for the video man, I can seriously watch this all day long....I completely miss the 80/90 basketball.

KingPosey
01-27-2013, 02:48 AM

It's pretty well spoken about by people familiar wih that team that he was very reigned in and controlled at NC.

DaBUU
01-27-2013, 01:30 PM
It's pretty well spoken about by people familiar wih that team that he was very reigned in and controlled at NC.

As the saying goes, the only person to ever stop MJ was Dean Smith.

KnicksorBust
01-27-2013, 02:37 PM
As a die-hard Knicks fan of the 90s I can tell you that when Pacers or Heat beat us... it really hurt. When the Bulls beat us... it was inevitable. I've never experienced anything like it since. When the Bulls needed him to score... he was going to score and I knew it.

kubernetes
01-27-2013, 04:37 PM
What's amazing about him when you look back is what a complete game he had. You look at players today and everyone is limited in some aspect of the game. Lebron is the only one who even comes close to Jordan's complete skill set.

BlowingDro
01-27-2013, 04:55 PM
What's amazing about him when you look back is what a complete game he had. You look at players today and everyone is limited in some aspect of the game. Lebron is the only one who even comes close to Jordan's complete skill set.
I can agree with this...

Hawkeye15
01-27-2013, 04:58 PM
As a die-hard Knicks fan of the 90s I can tell you that when Pacers or Heat beat us... it really hurt. When the Bulls beat us... it was inevitable. I've never experienced anything like it since. When the Bulls needed him to score... he was going to score and I knew it.

He was unstoppable. I mean, everyone in the universe knew he was getting the ball, and it didn't matter. I love the Pistons clip, where Daly and his asst are telling their players, "he is going to get it out top. Remember, he wants to go right, he wants to go right". they put Rodman on him, he catches it up top, drives right, off the glass, game over. I mean, how the **** are you supposed to even guard that?

JasonJohnHorn
01-27-2013, 04:58 PM
Any time you make a compilation of shots a player made, that player is going to look amazing. Do a compilation of the shots Jordan missed, and the times he got schooled by other players, and he'd look a lot less impressive. Jordan was the best SG ever to play the game no doubt, but such compilation videos always make players look good.

Hawkeye15
01-27-2013, 05:02 PM
Any time you make a compilation of shots a player made, that player is going to look amazing. Do a compilation of the shots Jordan missed, and the times he got schooled by other players, and he'd look a lot less impressive. Jordan was the best SG ever to play the game no doubt, but such compilation videos always make players look good.

Good luck finding a lot of video where he was schooled. Its not just the highlight videos of MJ, its him. You will never find video of another human doing so many of the things he was able to do.

D_Rose1118
01-27-2013, 05:47 PM
also the fact that the defenses in this video are unbelievable, and the rules were not geared toward the offensive player like they are today, for example there was hand checking back then, which Joe Dumars (the best jordan defender) said without hand checking it would be impossible to guard MJ and he would average 50, also the fact that there was no defensive 3 seconds back then, which means defenders and shot blockers back then would be allowed to just sit in the paint the whole game waiting for jordan to come in, and it was not centers like we have today like brook lopez or chris kaman, it was centers like Hakeem, Shaq, Ewing, D Robinson.
The game was undeniably more physical and jordan ate those mother****ers up.

Michael Jordan the greatest of all time.

dodie53
01-27-2013, 06:34 PM
thanks for the link

Supreme LA
01-27-2013, 06:43 PM
I disagree. In terms of athleticism yes Lebron is on MJ's level but nowhere near the level of skill. Kobe would be the closest. Lebron still lacks the footwork, handle, and mid-range game that MJ had.

MJ is just the greatest.

BlowingDro
01-28-2013, 12:13 AM
thanks for the link

No problem...Glad you enjoyed it...

Hawkeye15
01-28-2013, 02:16 AM
I disagree. In terms of athleticism yes Lebron is on MJ's level but nowhere near the level of skill. Kobe would be the closest. Lebron still lacks the footwork, handle, and mid-range game that MJ had.

MJ is just the greatest.

Kobe is the closest in skill, but doesn't sniiff LeBron's athleticism, or hand size. MJ's hands were huge, his hangtime was unmatched, and his body control was beyone what I have ever seen in a basketball player.

Enzo
01-28-2013, 04:57 AM

You're that guy at a bikini contest who points out that the winner wasn't that hot because her left *** cheek was a 1/4 of an inch lower than her right aren't you? :rolleyes:

Jordan was and still is the greatest Basketball player (not just shooting guard as you stated) to ever live. Your comments lead me to believe that either A) You never witnessed him playing in his prime or B) You're just that 1 guy in the crowd that loves to hate. Congrats on one of the most asinine posts I've ever read!!!

I'm going to find a video of Muhammed Ali's greatests knockouts so you can let us all know that he wasn't that impressive of a boxer and someone should upload a video of him getting punched in the face during bouts to belittle his skill and accomplishments. You gotta love PSD!!! :bang:

thenaj17
01-28-2013, 06:00 AM
You're that guy at a bikini contest who points out that the winner wasn't that hot because her left *** cheek was a 1/4 of an inch lower than her right aren't you? :rolleyes:

Jordan was and still is the greatest Basketball player (not just shooting guard as you stated) to ever live. Your comments lead me to believe that either A) You never witnessed him playing in his prime or B) You're just that 1 guy in the crowd that loves to hate. Congrats on one of the most asinine posts I've ever read!!!

I'm going to find a video of Muhammed Ali's greatests knockouts so you can let us all know that he wasn't that impressive of a boxer and someone should upload a video of him getting punched in the face during bouts to belittle his skill and accomplishments. You gotta love PSD!!! :bang:

He's both...

NYYCowboys
01-28-2013, 06:31 AM
It's like watching my early childhood nightmares on repeat. Very cool though.

AIRMAR72
01-28-2013, 10:27 AM

go take your MEDS littleboy, YOU make NO SENSE first of all there plays and ILLmatic moves that Micheal Jordan DID that are not in this highlight footage I SAW HIM play in the flesh this not kobe(fake superstar) or lebron videos WHEN they appear to be super human in their highlights JORDAN did IT everynite at WILL and even when he(MJ) miss a shot he still LOOK good missing the BEST ever to play the game you need a fist in your face for typing rubbish

Lakerfan8032
01-28-2013, 11:01 AM
How do you download videos from youtube? I have no idea how it is done.

Quinnsanity
01-28-2013, 11:29 AM

I've heard that Dean Smith intentionally held Jordan back to keep his teammates interested and to force him to work on other parts of his game. If that's true, it wouldn't surprise me if he really just got cut loose in the pros.

DaBUU
01-28-2013, 11:36 AM
It's like watching my early childhood nightmares on repeat. Very cool though.

Funny, for me its like watching all of my greatest childhood memories

Enzo
01-28-2013, 05:07 PM
Funny, for me its like watching all of my greatest childhood memories

I agree completely. Even though the guy would single handedly destroy my teams hopes of ever winning, it was almost like a priviledge to witness him play.

king2218
01-28-2013, 05:21 PM
Imagine if Jordan played in this era...with no hand checking, a defensive 3 second rule and the touch fouls called...he would easily average atleast 40ppg. Unbelievable player!

BlowingDro
01-29-2013, 11:33 PM
How do you download videos from youtube? I have no idea how it is done.

Firefox has a few youtube downloader addons....easy youtube downloader I believe is the name but I have like 3 of them on my laptop....

BlowingDro
01-29-2013, 11:34 PM
Imagine if Jordan played in this era...with no hand checking, a defensive 3 second rule and the touch fouls called...he would easily average atleast 40ppg. Unbelievable player!
Definitely...and he'd probably shoot close to 53-54%...