PDA

View Full Version : After last night's game Howard brought a stat sheet around the locker room.

Longhornfan1234
01-22-2013, 05:54 PM
After the game he brought a stat sheet around the locker room to show some teammates and reporters how he got only five field-goal attempts ... a few minutes before the demoted Gasol spoke gracefully across the room about "not pointing fingers, owning up to our responsibilities, wanting to get out of this and having the pride necessary that it takes to utilize our talents and go beat the opponent no matter who it is, no matter where we are."

http://www.ocregister.com/sports/howard-408753-lakers-team.html

Do you have a problem with this?

heyman321
01-22-2013, 06:00 PM
No I don't. He is literally bigger than most players. He should be getting at least 15 shots a game.

blahblahyoutoo
01-22-2013, 06:05 PM
No I don't. He is literally bigger than most players. He should be getting at least 15 shots a game.

and yet his offense sucks, and he can't make FT's if fouled so why should he be featured?
if anything, he should be getting feeds from nash off PnR, lobs, put backs, etc. he can't create his own offense so he should stick to getting easy buckets.

and what he did was a douche move. he's trying to undermine the coach, the system, other players, etc.

Im_in_Mia_bish
01-22-2013, 06:08 PM
i guess thats one way of making your point be heard.

ssnsocalfan
01-22-2013, 06:17 PM
yes, hes bigger then most. but he plays small. worse trade ever, we got shafted

Bigbadmoffo
01-22-2013, 06:18 PM
and yet his offense sucks, and he can't make FT's if fouled so why should he be featured?
if anything, he should be getting feeds from nash off PnR, lobs, put backs, etc. he can't create his own offense so he should stick to getting easy buckets.

and what he did was a douche move. he's trying to undermine the coach, the system, other players, etc.

I disagree, I mean i dislike Howard but we all know what he did for Orlando and to deny that is just angry hatred. He will demand a double team every time he gets in the low post. Kobe is taking way too many contested shots and not letting everyone touch the ball. Sure Kobe is great and there is no denying that but he needs to play a different role at his age.

MagicHero3
01-22-2013, 06:18 PM
dwight has the maturity of a 14 year old.

nickdymez
01-22-2013, 06:19 PM
I disagree, I mean i dislike Howard but we all know what he did for Orlando and to deny that is just angry hatred. He will demand a double team every time he gets in the low post. Kobe is taking way too many contested shots and not letting everyone touch the ball. Sure Kobe is great and there is no denying that but he needs to play a different role at his age.

Blaming it on Kobe despite the valid points the original guy you quoted made. Address those please

HowFit
01-22-2013, 06:29 PM
It's who he is...

Cracka2HI!
01-22-2013, 06:55 PM
He also went the line 8 times and turned it over 4 times. That's 13 shots Howard your freaking idiot. It's not Kobe or anyone elses fault you are only good enough to get 8 points on 13 shot attempts. This guy may be the most overrated player in the history of sports right now. I know he used to be good but he never should have been considered good enough to make the Lakers the obvious favorites. It should have been noted when the Lakers got him that he is the biggest cancer in sports history and would possibly ruin the Lakers franchise too. I was only one I can remember talking about that when they got him. Everyone else thought his "talent" would out weigh any distraction.

Lakers really need to trade this god awful human being. I am going to go out on a limb and say no team with Howard will ever make a deep playoff run. He is worse than TO. This is probably the best example to date. Bringing in a score sheet to blame your teammates for you not being able to hold onto the ball or make FT's. :facepalm:

ManRam
01-22-2013, 06:58 PM
Every big man would be frustrated with that, and this has become a season-long issue...a career long issue too. Remember him barking in the playoffs a few years ago about touches? It's not a new thing with him.

Finding ways to get Howard touches, and more importantly FGAs, was always a huge point of contention among us Magic fans. He's a great offensive player, don't get that wrong, but you can't simply feed him the ball early in the shot clock when he's in bad position and expect good results. You have to run creative offensive sets...something it seems the Lakers aren't really doing.

Hakeem used to talk about how he wanted the ball fed to early in the game 3-4 times in a row just to show defenses he was there and that he was going to be incorporated, and just to get the ball moving. I think the Lakers do need to make an effort to get Dwight going earlier on. Force the issue early on and then let the offense develop from there.

That offense is to predictable. It's not complex. The ball movement has been atrocious in games I've seen. Dwight isn't Shaq or Hakeem, but he DEFINITELY needs to be incorporated more readily.

BULLSFAN0810
01-22-2013, 07:01 PM

I agree. Even though i think James and Howard are still unpolished as players atleast James went hard and can go hard where Howard is a stright punk without post skill..he has a decent left hand,but he cannot really play as well as he should. He is a super duper glorified garbage man . he is like Bill Russell(w/o rings and Leadership) , people need to except it

ManRam
01-22-2013, 07:05 PM
He also went the line 8 times and turned it over 4 times. That's 13 shots Howard your freaking idiot. It's not Kobe or anyone elses fault you are only good enough to get 8 points on 13 shot attempts. This guy may be the most overrated player in the history of sports right now. I know he used to be good but he never should have been considered good enough to make the Lakers the obvious favorites. It should have been noted when the Lakers got him that he is the biggest cancer in sports history and would possibly ruin the Lakers franchise too. I was only one I can remember talking about that when they got him. Everyone else thought his "talent" would out weigh any distraction.

Lakers really need to trade this god awful human being. I am going to go out on a limb and say no team with Howard will ever make a deep playoff run. He is worse than TO. This is probably the best example to date. Bringing in a score sheet to blame your teammates for you not being able to hold onto the ball or make FT's. :facepalm:

This is a pretty poor post.

1. It's not 13 "shots". Yes, he got to the line a lot, yes he turns it over a lot, but he still is a far more efficient scorer than anyone else they have.

2. Kobe shouldn't be averaging more than twice as many shots a game as him. Factor in TOs and FTs, and it remains the same ratio. Kobe turns it over just as much and gets to the line almost just as much.

3. Big men can't give themselves the ball. They do rely on guards to get them involved, period.

4. Calling a guy overrated because he's having a bad half of a season on a brand new team after a serious surgery with two new coaches and so on is a bit disingenuous. Nothing about his play in Orlando was ever "overrated".

5. Awful human being? Maybe. But there is no better franchise cornerstone than him. It would be a huge mistake to give up on him. Look at what he accomplished in Orlando. Imagine what he could do in a place like LA where FAs flock to.

6. You're pinning way too much blame, probably because you're frustrated, on him. The offense hasn't been the problem 80% of the time, and he's about ALL you have on defense. Trade him, and things get worse.

7. With a smart offense led by people who are willing to be patient and make an extra pass he can be an absolute weapon. Unfortunately, that's just not working yet. The offense hasn't been tailored for his play, and that's not his fault. It's amazing how poorly they've done that. It's not that hard. The Magic got it done without really a semblance of a playmaker besides Hedo freaking Turkoglu.

I hope for the sake of the spoiled Lakers fans (you are spoiled, that's not a bad thing...I wish I were) they give up on him. They'll be throwing something really good away. A 27 year-old franchise center is about as rare as a unicorn.

Bishnoff
01-22-2013, 07:08 PM

This.

LakersKB24
01-22-2013, 07:16 PM
Every big man would be frustrated with that, and this has become a season-long issue...a career long issue too. Remember him barking in the playoffs a few years ago about touches? It's not a new thing with him.

Finding ways to get Howard touches, and more importantly FGAs, was always a huge point of contention among us Magic fans. He's a great offensive player, don't get that wrong, but you can't simply feed him the ball early in the shot clock when he's in bad position and expect good results. You have to run creative offensive sets...something it seems the Lakers aren't really doing.

Hakeem used to talk about how he wanted the ball fed to early in the game 3-4 times in a row just to show defenses he was there and that he was going to be incorporated, and just to get the ball moving. I think the Lakers do need to make an effort to get Dwight going earlier on. Force the issue early on and then let the offense develop from there.

That offense is to predictable. It's not complex. The ball movement has been atrocious in games I've seen. Dwight isn't Shaq or Hakeem, but he DEFINITELY needs to be incorporated more readily.

And this is exactly where D'Antoni has failed BIG TIME. Where the hell are Nash & Dwight PnRs??? Dwight's strength isn't posting up but being the roll man. It's not like Dwight gets not touches. but the touches he gets are in bad position and often don't result in FGAs.
I thought this was the main reason they brought D'Antoni here to implement the offense he's known for. And that's why I don't get that he's still allowed to call himself HC of the Lakers.

RipCity32
01-22-2013, 07:17 PM
He should have brung a stat sheet that explains how they went from a championship contender before he was there to a lottery team after he got there.

Bishnoff
01-22-2013, 07:17 PM
5. Awful human being? Maybe. But there is no better franchise cornerstone than him. It would be a huge mistake to give up on him. Look at what he accomplished in Orlando. Imagine what he could do in a place like LA where FAs flock to.

Dwight isn't a winner. I couldn't think of a worse cornerstone than a player with so much potential and athletic ability but who never takes the game serious enough to improve and do what's best for the team. These types of "cornerstones" keep fans praying for things to change but change never comes.

Maybe if Dwight took free throws seriously enough to improve his dismal FT% then he’d get more touches.

Lakers + Giants
01-22-2013, 07:22 PM
Manram, he's a clippers fan.

Guppyfighter
01-22-2013, 07:33 PM
Dwight isn't a winner. I couldn't think of a worse cornerstone than a player with so much potential and athletic ability but who never takes the game serious enough to improve and do what's best for the team. These types of "cornerstones" keep fans praying for things to change but change never comes.

Maybe if Dwight took free throws seriously enough to improve his dismal FT% then he’d get more touches.

57 percent is good enough. A little more than 1 point possession is good.

WOwolfOL
01-22-2013, 07:33 PM

A deep playoff run? Like, how about going to the finals in 09? Is that not considered a deep playoff run? lol

You know what the funny part about this really is? The astute Magic fans were calling him a crybaby and somebody who shouldn't be built around. And all the Lakers fans did for the last 2 years, is shriek like little girls when the possibility of acquiring him arose. It's like none of you guys paid any attention at all.

Cracka2HI!
01-22-2013, 07:40 PM

1. It's not 13 "shots". Yes, he got to the line a lot, yes he turns it over a lot, but he still is a far more efficient scorer than anyone else they have.

2. Kobe shouldn't be averaging more than twice as many shots a game as him. Factor in TOs and FTs, and it remains the same ratio. Kobe turns it over just as much and gets to the line almost just as much.

3. Big men can't give themselves the ball. They do rely on guards to get them involved, period.

4. Calling a guy overrated because he's having a bad half of a season on a brand new team after a serious surgery with two new coaches and so on is a bit disingenuous. Nothing about his play in Orlando was ever "overrated".

6. You're pinning way too much blame, probably because you're frustrated, on him. The offense hasn't been the problem 80% of the time, and he's about ALL you have on defense. Trade him, and things get worse.

7. With a smart offense led by people who are willing to be patient and make an extra pass he can be an absolute weapon. Unfortunately, that's just not working yet. The offense hasn't been tailored for his play, and that's not his fault. It's amazing how poorly they've done that. It's not that hard. The Magic got it done without really a semblance of a playmaker besides Hedo freaking Turkoglu.

I hope for the sake of the spoiled Lakers fans (you are spoiled, that's not a bad thing...I wish I were) they give up on him. They'll be throwing something really good away. A 27 year-old franchise center is about as rare as a unicorn.

:laugh2: Sorry man, but your post is even poorer than mine. I'm a Clippers fan! I am in no way spoiled. LOL!! That's freaking funny.

1. You must not be watching the games. They are trying to get him involved. He can't do **** offensively. The 4 TO's last night all should have been shot attempts. He got to the line 4 other possessions. He only scored 5 points. HE wasn't efficient last night and if the story is correct he tried to blame it on his teammates for not giving him enough shot attempts. I guess he doesn't count the turnovers. I wouldn't either if I were him.

2. I don't disagree that Kobe shoots too much.

3. I agree but Howard can't do ANYTHING for himself...at least on the Lakers.

4. He is as overrated as anyone I can remember. Lakers fans were already raising another banner, ignoring the fact he completely dismantled his last team. The Lakers should have been considered 4th or 5th in the West never obviously the favorites. He should have never been considered THAT much better than what Bynum was last year. I really have no idea why people thought he was SOOOOOO good. If the Lakers got a prime Shaq I can see people reacting the way they did.

5. I'm pretty sure he is a bad human being. Immature as they come for sure. I wouldn't want him anywhere near my team. I didn't want him when he was available.

6. Once again I'm just calling it like I see it. The Lakers are 12th in the West with Howard and finished 4th last year. It's mostly the FO's fault for hiring a horrible coach. Doesn't change the fact the Howard IS a cancer and should be traded. That is my opinion.

7. I agree he could be a weapon, but he wants to be the man. He is not close to good enough to be a #1 option on offense. He hasn't been good on defense either, but again that is a team issue. I do understand what you're saying about spacing and what not and yes the Lakers don't really have it.

Lastly I think it's awesome that this is happening to spoiled Laker fans. I'm glad they get to see how the other side lives. Comments like my last was more those same spoiled Laker fans who predicted 70-80 wins when they traded for Howard. I have no idea why anyone ever thought he was THAT good. He's not and now it shows.

Cracka2HI!
01-22-2013, 07:46 PM
A deep playoff run? Like, how about going to the finals in 09? Is that not considered a deep playoff run? lol

You know what the funny part about this really is? The astute Magic fans were calling him a crybaby and somebody who shouldn't be built around. And all the Lakers fans did for the last 2 years, is shriek like little girls when the possibility of acquiring him arose. It's like none of you guys paid any attention at all.He was much more dominant in 2009. He isn't that player anymore and he is far worse of a cancer. Once again I'm a Clippers fan. I agree with your point about what Magic fans were saying compared to Laker fans. That's why I think he is the most overrated player in the history of sports. Laker fans acted like they got Shaq mixed with Jordan and Jesus. They should have at least entertained the possibility they were getting a cancer. Most everyone thought they were going to be that good. Not only that he wasn't THAT much better than Bynum last year. Bynum was a Clipper killer, quite frankly I don't think there was ever a chance Howard made the Lakers a tougher match up for the my Clipps.

Getting UGGLA
01-22-2013, 08:17 PM
Thank God he's not on the Magic anymore. What a cancer. Have fun with him. Next time he has a good night he'll bring the stat sheet around going neener noner naner, I did better than yoooooooou did!

Avenged
01-22-2013, 08:19 PM
Don't care if he's frustrated or not... there are other ways to go about this. This just makes him look more immature than what we all originally thought.

Get it together big baby.

Bishnoff
01-22-2013, 08:31 PM
57 percent is good enough. A little more than 1 point possession is good.

I was referring to the disruption it has to a team's offense when the opposing team employs the "Hack-A-Shaq" tactic. This tactic is successful because a) Dwight isn't a good FT shooter, and b) Dwight is a much more efficient scorer in open play than at the FT line.

If Dwight wasn't such a poor FT shooter teams wouldn't intentionally foul him. If the "Hack-A-Shaq" tactic wasn't successful at disrupting an opposing team's offensive flow and ultimately winning games then no coach would employ it.

Baller1
01-22-2013, 08:34 PM
If he could make a ****ing free throw then his FT attempts would instead be FG attempts. But instead, everyone knows he's such a disgrace at the line, and therefore foul him to put him at the line.

Make a free throw and maybe you'll get some more shots/looks from teammates.

GiantsSwaGG
01-22-2013, 08:38 PM
Just shows how great of a teammate he is

Dade County
01-22-2013, 08:43 PM
He should have brung a stat sheet that explains how they went from a championship contender before he was there to a lottery team after he got there.

They had to go to game 7 just to beat Denver and OKC took care of them easily, in last years playoff.

I see a lot of people/posters hating on Howard now... He should walk into a great situation next year, if a GM can pitch to him and his agent about outside ways of making money through Mega endorsement deals; I can see Howard singing with a true contending team, while making most of his money through endorsements.

:nod:

RLundi
01-22-2013, 08:50 PM
He was much more dominant in 2009. He isn't that player anymore and he is far worse of a cancer. Once again I'm a Clippers fan. I agree with your point about what Magic fans were saying compared to Laker fans. That's why I think he is the most overrated player in the history of sports. Laker fans acted like they got Shaq mixed with Jordan and Jesus. They should have at least entertained the possibility they were getting a cancer. Most everyone thought they were going to be that good. Not only that he wasn't THAT much better than Bynum last year. Bynum was a Clipper killer, quite frankly I don't think there was ever a chance Howard made the Lakers a tougher match up for the my Clipps.

I think you're very incorrect, and it's actually quite alarming. I'm enjoying Dwight suffer, but to say he isn't the same player as 2009 is false, egregiously so. The man just had back surgery and is clearly not moving like he did last season or years prior.

And to say he is overrated is also wrong, and short-sighted. The Magic teams from the past 5 years were lottery teams. Dwight himself made them contenders. When Dwight is right, he's a top 3 player. Lakers are a mess and to blame Dwight for that or not see the significance of the turbulence of that team on his play is ignorance to the highest degree.

All this is coming from a Magic fan who'd like nothing more to see than Dwight stick his face into an active propeller.

More-Than-Most
01-22-2013, 08:59 PM
I have no issues with how he feels but he forced this on himself and I have major issues with how he goes about the way he feels. That is not being mature.

HowFit
01-22-2013, 09:12 PM

For real?

TheNumber37
01-22-2013, 09:21 PM
A big man that can't shoot. What use is he for Mike D?

Teeboy1487
01-22-2013, 09:29 PM
I think you're very incorrect, and it's actually quite alarming. I'm enjoying Dwight suffer, but to say he isn't the same player as 2009 is false, egregiously so. The man just had back surgery and is clearly not moving like he did last season or years prior.

And to say he is overrated is also wrong, and short-sighted. The Magic teams from the past 5 years were lottery teams. Dwight himself made them contenders. When Dwight is right, he's a top 3 player. Lakers are a mess and to blame Dwight for that or not see the significance of the turbulence of that team on his play is ignorance to the highest degree.

All this is coming from a Magic fan who'd like nothing more to see than Dwight stick his face into an active propeller. I have yet to see the "Right Dwight" this season. He's one of the reasons the lakers suck. His low FG attempts is his own fault. He always commit silly offensive fouls, get stripped all the damn time in the post, and can't make a FT to save his life. Teams foul him in the post because they know he will bail them out with a miss. He lives in foul trouble.

Without his defense and athleticism, he would not be that good. He's a slightly better version of Tyson Chandler. I don't see how his back is affecting the way he scores in the post. All he does is turn the ball over, foul, and misses the FT when hacked. That is not franchise cornerstone material to me.

jerellh528
01-22-2013, 09:31 PM
Too bad every time he touches the ball he gets stripped and turns it over, so damn frustrating.

BALLER R
01-22-2013, 09:36 PM
Dwight is leaving LA. I don't think anyone over there listens to him. I do think the Lakers should be playing inside out with Howard and Gasol.

ztilzer31
01-22-2013, 09:42 PM
I mean it was a fail move. They traded their negative attitude big man for an even more negative attitude big man. Lakers fans went into this whole thing obliviously, like there was nothing wrong with the move. For how many Lakers fans spent time talking down the Heat, they really weren't paying attention to their own backyard. No bench. No backcourt defense. No speed, and no teamwork. This team needs to be traded off, and Kobe should look at this being the year he retires. He might have a couple years left in the tank, but if he wants to be a Laker for life he's going to have to suffer through the end years of a rebuilding team.

I'm really kind of gloating in this whole Laker fall thing. Every time I brought up all this before the season I was just a "Laker hater". I didn't know they'd be this bad, but I think it's only so frustrating because this team was so over hyped.

kblo247
01-22-2013, 10:17 PM
He can't even call himself Clark Kent never the less superman right now as the reason his attempts aren't there is because guys get tired of the turnovers, missed free throws, and silly offensive fouls

Russillo ‏@ryenarussillo
Just went through every LA off possession on Synergy. Dwight had 17 touches, 2 other attempts to get him ball were TO's. 11 touches..

Russillo ‏@ryenarussillo
..ended in something negative, not including missed FT possessions. He said "look at the stat sheet" I did. He's delusional.

Russillo ‏@ryenarussillo
He also had 5 fouls, couldn't set screens last night. It's not that he had a bad game, it's that he takes 0 responsibility for his poor play

Dwight has been regressing in the post the last two years. In the 2010-11 season, Dwight was scoring 0.93 points per post possession, making 50.6 percent of his shots in the post, and turning the ball over 14.5 percent of the time. Last season as Dwight battled injuries and trade rumors he initiated, those numbers slipped to 0.88 PPP and 49.9 percent, while his turnover rate of improved to 13.6 percent.

This season? Dwight is scoring just 0.78 points per possession in the post, making 48.2 percent of his shots, and turning the ball over an astounding 19.7 percent of the time. One out of every five times you throw the ball into the post with Dwight, he’s turning it over. That can’t be a heavy part of your offense. Kobe probably knows that but begrudgingly still attempts to feed him. This is why the quality of the post possessions you give Dwight is so important.

Cracka2HI!
01-22-2013, 10:18 PM

All this is coming from a Magic fan who'd like nothing more to see than Dwight stick his face into an active propeller.Sorry man but no cred after the bolded part. He ain't the same player. It doesn't matter if he's hurt. Did everyone not know he was hurt when he was traded? Did you see my reasoning for calling him overrated? You can't have that false of a statement if you want to call someone out on their opinion. Read all of my posts. I am not blaming it entirely on him.

I have yet to see the "Right Dwight" this season. He's one of the reasons the lakers suck. His low FG attempts is his own fault. He always commit silly offensive fouls, get stripped all the damn time in the post, and can't make a FT to save his life. Teams foul him in the post because they know he will bail them out with a miss. He lives in foul trouble.

Without his defense and athleticism, he would not be that good. He's a slightly better version of Tyson Chandler. I don't see how his back is affecting the way he scores in the post. All he does is turn the ball over, foul, and misses the FT when hacked. That is not franchise cornerstone material to me.You can really tell how much he meant to Magic fans when the Magic fans are questioning my opinion and fans for the team he is actually playing on agree with me.

Cracka2HI!
01-22-2013, 10:20 PM
I mean it was a fail move. They traded their negative attitude big man for an even more negative attitude big man. Lakers fans went into this whole thing obliviously, like there was nothing wrong with the move. For how many Lakers fans spent time talking down the Heat, they really weren't paying attention to their own backyard. No bench. No backcourt defense. No speed, and no teamwork. This team needs to be traded off, and Kobe should look at this being the year he retires. He might have a couple years left in the tank, but if he wants to be a Laker for life he's going to have to suffer through the end years of a rebuilding team.

I'm really kind of gloating in this whole Laker fall thing. Every time I brought up all this before the season I was just a "Laker hater". I didn't know they'd be this bad, but I think it's only so frustrating because this team was so over hyped.
This.

shep33
01-22-2013, 10:20 PM
He can't even call himself Clark Kent never the less superman right now as the reason his attempts aren't there is because guys get tired of the turnovers, missed free throws, and silly offensive fouls

Amen

shep33
01-22-2013, 10:22 PM
I hope Dwight stays, that being said, I don't think any team can win a title with him as the #1 option offensively.

RLundi
01-22-2013, 10:22 PM
I have yet to see the "Right Dwight" this season. He's one of the reasons the lakers suck. His low FG attempts is his own fault. He always commit silly offensive fouls, get stripped all the damn time in the post, and can't make a FT to save his life. Teams foul him in the post because they know he will bail them out with a miss. He lives in foul trouble.

Without his defense and athleticism, he would not be that good. He's a slightly better version of Tyson Chandler. I don't see how his back is affecting the way he scores in the post. All he does is turn the ball over, foul, and misses the FT when hacked. That is not franchise cornerstone material to me.

Um okay, that's like saying most NBA players wouldn't be that good if they weren't tall. Well they are, and that's one of the things that make them good, live with it.

His play is a combination of a lot of things, including a terrible coach who has no idea (and never has) how to utilize a player with Dwight's strengths. Not to mention injuries, 3 different coaches and playing with a demanding player like Kobe, it's no wonder Dwight isn't playing up to par. I'm not making excuses for him because as mentioned, I'd like him to go swim with some Great Whites, but he's CLEARLY still recovering from injury. I watched him for 8 years; he looks completely stiff and immobile, it's like night and day.

RLundi
01-22-2013, 10:35 PM
Sorry man but no cred after the bolded part. He ain't the same player. It doesn't matter if he's hurt. Did everyone not know he was hurt when he was traded? Did you see my reasoning for calling him overrated? You can't have that false of a statement if you want to call someone out on their opinion. Read all of my posts. I am not blaming it entirely on him.

You can really tell how much he meant to Magic fans when the Magic fans are questioning my opinion and fans for the team he is actually playing on agree with me.

Wow, really, frustrated Laker fans are agreeing with you bashing Dwight Howard in the midst of a poor season? You don't say!

Wouldn't your rationale be better (read: smarter) if you used Magic fans to PROVE your point instead of ship-jumping, panicky Lakers fans? Most Magic fans probably hate Dwight. Doesn't it speak volumes that, despite that, we're saying that something is wrong because he isn't this poor of a player? What do you think we have, Stockholm syndrome?

You saying Dwight has always been overrated is ignorant. Over the past 5 years, he's averaged a PER of nearly 24, good for 4th in the league, while the Magic have averaged 54 wins. What he did on both ends of the floor cannot be understated. Orlando was/is a lottery team without him. He's having a bad/injured season and you want to denigrate his body of work? Laughable.

NBA_Starter
01-22-2013, 10:41 PM
If he did it I don't see how anyone could blame him.

b@llhog24
01-22-2013, 10:45 PM
Magic fans laying down the law. Dwight isn't Dwight of old but he's not the reason they haven't been winning.

DaLakerz Rulz

As long as he has a smile on his face. That's all that matters :)

Cracka2HI!
Wow, really, frustrated Laker fans are agreeing with you bashing Dwight Howard in the midst of a poor season? You don't say!

Wouldn't your rationale be better (read: smarter) if you used Magic fans to PROVE your point instead of ship-jumping, panicky Lakers fans? Most Magic fans probably hate Dwight. Doesn't it speak volumes that, despite that, we're saying that something is wrong because he isn't this poor of a player? What do you think we have, Stockholm syndrome?

You saying Dwight has always been overrated is ignorant. Over the past 5 years, he's averaged a PER of nearly 24, good for 4th in the league, while the Magic have averaged 54 wins. What he did on both ends of the floor cannot be understated. Orlando was/is a lottery team without him. He's having a bad/injured season and you want to denigrate his body of work? Laughable.
What is my reason for thinking Dwight Howard is overrated? There is a context to that comment that you clearly aren't understanding, while calling me ignorant. I'm not going to repeat it for a 3rd time in this thread. I really think you just haven't read my 1st 2 posts in this thread. I care very little about this topic. Good day sir.

MTL_123
01-22-2013, 10:52 PM
Lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

b@llhog24
01-22-2013, 10:53 PM
Because of these statements:

He also went the line 8 times and turned it over 4 times. That's 13 shots Howard your freaking idiot. It's not Kobe or anyone elses fault you are only good enough to get 8 points on 13 shot attempts.

It may be 13 shots but all those shots don't have the same value.

This guy may be the most overrated player in the history of sports right now.

As a player, who overrates him?

I know he used to be good but he never should have been considered good enough to make the Lakers the obvious favorites.

In theory a healthy version of him, could.

It should have been noted when the Lakers got him that he is the biggest cancer in sports history and would possibly ruin the Lakers franchise too. I was only one I can remember talking about that when they got him. Everyone else thought his "talent" would out weigh any distraction.

Cancers have won titles before though.

Lakers really need to trade this god awful human being.

An assumption.

I am going to go out on a limb and say no team with Howard will ever make a deep playoff run. He is worse than TO. This is probably the best example to date. Bringing in a score sheet to blame your teammates for you not being able to hold onto the ball or make FT's. :facepalm:

Lol.

kblo247
01-22-2013, 10:55 PM
Amen

I hope he stays too but the offensive fouls on top of the turnovers and hack a Dwight have been bad. He has just took to giving silly fouls now for no reason, which is why Kobe pulled a Dwight on Dwight yesterday. That's why he brought the stat sheet out, kobe lit into him in front of the team and on TNT like Dwight has lit into Pau, Nash, Metta, and Kobe this year. It was just the first time he's had a guy to at him in the public eye during a game and call him lazy to his face

MTL_123
01-22-2013, 10:59 PM
He's right. he was mad in Orlando that he wasn't getting the ball enough and now he's not even getting the ball more than 5-8times a game. And yes i know he sucks and keeps on turning over the ball and missing ft but hes your franchise player in 2 years. So he does have a point

Badluck33
01-22-2013, 11:12 PM
bynum > DH

i said it!

Cracka2HI!
01-22-2013, 11:13 PM
Because of these statements:

It may be 13 shots but all those shots don't have the same value.

As a player, who overrates him?

In theory a healthy version of him, could.

Cancers have won titles before though.

An assumption.

Lol.

:laugh2: Sorry man, but your post is even poorer than mine. I'm a Clippers fan! I am in no way spoiled. LOL!! That's freaking funny.

1. You must not be watching the games. They are trying to get him involved. He can't do **** offensively. The 4 TO's last night all should have been shot attempts. He got to the line 4 other possessions. He only scored 5 points. HE wasn't efficient last night and if the story is correct he tried to blame it on his teammates for not giving him enough shot attempts. I guess he doesn't count the turnovers. I wouldn't either if I were him.

2. I don't disagree that Kobe shoots too much.

3. I agree but Howard can't do ANYTHING for himself...at least on the Lakers.

4. He is as overrated as anyone I can remember. Lakers fans were already raising another banner, ignoring the fact he completely dismantled his last team. The Lakers should have been considered 4th or 5th in the West never obviously the favorites. He should have never been considered THAT much better than what Bynum was last year. I really have no idea why people thought he was SOOOOOO good. If the Lakers got a prime Shaq I can see people reacting the way they did.

5. I'm pretty sure he is a bad human being. Immature as they come for sure. I wouldn't want him anywhere near my team. I didn't want him when he was available.

6. Once again I'm just calling it like I see it. The Lakers are 12th in the West with Howard and finished 4th last year. It's mostly the FO's fault for hiring a horrible coach. Doesn't change the fact the Howard IS a cancer and should be traded. That is my opinion.

7. I agree he could be a weapon, but he wants to be the man. He is not close to good enough to be a #1 option on offense. He hasn't been good on defense either, but again that is a team issue. I do understand what you're saying about spacing and what not and yes the Lakers don't really have it.

Lastly I think it's awesome that this is happening to spoiled Laker fans. I'm glad they get to see how the other side lives. Comments like my last was more those same spoiled Laker fans who predicted 70-80 wins when they traded for Howard. I have no idea why anyone ever thought he was THAT good. He's not and now it shows.

He was much more dominant in 2009. He isn't that player anymore and he is far worse of a cancer. Once again I'm a Clippers fan. I agree with your point about what Magic fans were saying compared to Laker fans. That's why I think he is the most overrated player in the history of sports. Laker fans acted like they got Shaq mixed with Jordan and Jesus. They should have at least entertained the possibility they were getting a cancer. Most everyone thought they were going to be that good. Not only that he wasn't THAT much better than Bynum last year. Bynum was a Clipper killer, quite frankly I don't think there was ever a chance Howard made the Lakers a tougher match up for the my Clipps.

What is my reason for thinking Dwight Howard is overrated? There is a context to that comment that you clearly aren't understanding, while calling me ignorant. I'm not going to repeat it for a 3rd time in this thread. I really think you just haven't read my 1st 2 posts in this thread. I care very little about this topic. Good day sir.
You guys are just picking apart my "opinion". You aren't responding to the reason I think he's overrated or acknowledging that every step of the way I am calling this MY OPINION!!! :shrug:

b@llhog24
01-22-2013, 11:18 PM
I quoted the portions I have problems with.

Shortys4711
01-22-2013, 11:24 PM
Lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im with you man, I found this to be funny as *******. Thinking bout him walking aorund sooking holding the sheet to show everyone, hahahahha

blahblahyoutoo
01-22-2013, 11:29 PM
Um okay, that's like saying most NBA players wouldn't be that good if they weren't tall.

but it's true. in fact, many of the tall players aren't even good. they're just tall.

Hickenlooper
01-22-2013, 11:35 PM
Dwight Howard is a great big man in the age of below average big men. His ego is far greater than his game. Freakish athlete, average basketball player.

Learn some post moves and shut your whiny teen-age trap.

Hickenlooper
01-22-2013, 11:36 PM
bynum > DH

i said it!

All day.

b-ballistic
01-23-2013, 12:03 AM

actually, we can turn around and trade him for more than what we would have gotten for Bynum. Might be part of Mitch's secret plan.

LOOTERX9
01-23-2013, 01:04 AM
hahha howard is making me laugh really hard at moment.. hahaha lol at the lakers!!!

ztilzer31
01-23-2013, 01:14 AM
Howard is not a great big man. He does not have the offensive repertoire to be considered in the realm of Shaq, Kareem, Hakeem, or any of the other greats. He's a good big man in an era of bad big men.

mvb815
01-23-2013, 01:20 AM
howard needs to start throwing down some dunks if he wants more touches, this guy is turning into a joke

LoveMeOrHateMe
01-23-2013, 01:23 AM
Howard reminds me of Bynum no defensive effort and looks uninterested at times except Bynum actually had a very good offensive game, if Howard can net us a star player and then some then trade him

ThaDubs
01-23-2013, 01:34 AM
Howard reminds me of Bynum no defensive effort and looks uninterested at times except Bynum actually had a very good offensive game, if Howard can net us a star player and then some then trade him

Well nobody likes playing with Kobe.

sep11ie
01-23-2013, 01:41 AM
I love seeing Laker fans turn on Dwight, and Pau, and every coach, and Buss, and...see a pattern?

LoveMeOrHateMe
01-23-2013, 02:03 AM
Well nobody likes playing with Kobe.

Steve Nash seems fine everyone else seems fine... Like Larry bird said if you wanna win titles you go play with Kobe he's all business if you wanna have fun then go play with ****en lebron!! Dwight is being so immature right now

Hardaway Here
01-23-2013, 02:08 AM
Steve Nash seems fine everyone else seems fine... Like Larry bird said if you wanna win titles you go play with Kobe he's all business if you wanna have fun then go play with ****en lebron!! Dwight is being so immature right now

Lebron just won a championship so your post makes no sense. Also there are more players who have negative things to say about Kobe after playing with him then there are good, but hey guess you don't hear what they have to say

ztilzer31
01-23-2013, 02:20 AM

If the Lakers trade Dwight it'll be for draft picks not stars.

ThaDubs
01-23-2013, 02:23 AM

Dwight is being "immature" because he's not able to create for himself in the paint. All Kobe does is shoot it or pass in the paint with < 10 seconds left on the clock. If he really cared about winning he would adjust his play to better suite this team for winning, but he doesn't let the bigs or sometimes even Steve get the touches they need. If you have 4 HOF players, 5 former all-stars and 1 current all-star starter on your team, more than one person is ****ing up. All the Lakers fans are blaming MD, Dwight, and Pau but you guys are too deep in Kobe's pants to blame him.

John Walls Era
01-23-2013, 02:29 AM
But did he have a smile on his face and was laughing about it? Its not what you say, its how you say it.

OceanSpray
01-23-2013, 02:45 AM
He's absolutely right. Bynum told his story about how Kobe never gave him a fair chance. Kobe himself admitted it. I guess Howard thought he was going to LAL and improve. Wrong. Kobe will never let his ego fall secondhand to another. Howard is absolutely right because he's the best center and only taking 5 shots? Why didn't they just sign Kwame Brown if they were planning to orchestrate 5 shots for Howard? Kobe needs to understand that Howard needs the ball as well.

John Walls Era
01-23-2013, 02:48 AM

Yeah right. This would be true if they were actually winning with Kobe AND if the Heat didn't win last year.

lakers4sho
01-23-2013, 03:24 AM
for once i actually agree with cracka

strokeman
01-23-2013, 03:57 AM
Howard is right, they need to get the Ball inside, they have Pau shooting 20ft jumpers, kobe and MWP behind the 3 point line, nash somewhere with the ball and D12 in the post for rebounds.
the Lakers need to get the ball to their bigs in the post. let them get a double team and kick to the open guy.
but D12 need to stop with the TO's he gets strip more than a stripper.
If Jim Buss wants to keep D12, he better have a few words with Mike No-D

3ballbomber
01-23-2013, 05:11 AM
I've been observing for some time now how the league/refs don't allow Howard to play - they don't allow him to be physically dominant. It may be just me but i've been observing this for some time now. Ticky tacky fouls always called on him. No big man can play his game if he is not permitted to be physical and dominant in that way. We know that the league has been wanting to go away from big-man centered game to more pg/faster tempo game. I'm not sure the 2 is a coincidence but i feel they don't allow Howard to be free to play and be dominant.

I hate his smiling and joking around and people may think this has alot to do w/ the way he plays and i do take that into account but i seem to always see this guy not get the calls that he deserves.........

Badluck33
01-23-2013, 07:54 AM
I also think D'Antoni wasn't the right choice for job. Hes a good coach but I think the personnel he has on this team doesn't fit what hes trying to do.

plus no one still plays defense.

Faneik
01-23-2013, 09:02 AM
I hope Dwight stays, that being said, I don't think any team can win a title with him as the #1 option offensively.

thanks sherlock

69centers
01-23-2013, 09:16 AM
trade him now as he's definitely not re-signing with the Lakers

infernoscurse
01-23-2013, 12:36 PM
i want all the laker players to keep passing him the ball every time and then bring stat sheets afer the game to show how much he sucks

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
01-23-2013, 12:39 PM
^swag

Chronz
01-23-2013, 12:52 PM
Howard brought the wrong stat sheet lol

Should have just kept his mouth shut and kept on blaming his back

Gators123
01-23-2013, 12:53 PM
This is pretty entertaining. Keep it up Lakers!

blystr2002
01-23-2013, 01:05 PM

Did you watch the Bulls game? Kobe was forcing the ball to Dwight every time down the court. Kobe does take contested shots, but it isn't his fault Dwight isn't getting shots. Kobe is really trying to get Dwight shots every chance he can.

lakersfan01
01-23-2013, 01:12 PM
Hello people, KOBE BRYANT IS THE SINGLE MOST SELFISH PLAYER IN ALL OF SPORTS HISTORY. Period. No other star wants to play with a grossly overpaid cancerous black hole.

Kobe might get a dose of the same bs he pulled to get Shaq shipped out of town.

Sly Guy
01-23-2013, 01:12 PM
I think I've seen enough Dwight to know he's a below average post scorer. For all his size and leaping ability, he's either incapable, or hasn't worked hard enough on his post game to warrant frequent and consistent touches there. In Orlando, he's an offensive rebounding machine, putbacks and alley oops. With his athleticism, you can get your 15-20ppg off of those alone, but it doesn't make you a dangerous offensive threat in the post.

He wants the ball in the post? EARN IT. Show the guys charged with giving you the ball there that you're gonna make more than you miss. In all his years, he has never come back from an offseason where he's developed an up and under, a hook, a fade, or a face up move to the bucket.

lakersfan01
01-23-2013, 01:14 PM
Kobe trying to force the ball to Dwight??? bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha :laugh: The only thing Kobe is forcing is his own shots!!! :laugh:

blystr2002
01-23-2013, 01:15 PM
I would 1st try to trade Gasol for something to get shooters and more athletic, but if that doesn't work we have to explore a Howard trade. I would call someone like Houston and see if we can steal their young talent and picks because if we give up on this year that means Nash, Kobe, and Gasol are 1 year older and closer to retiring or Free Agency. I am not turning on Gasol either with wanting to trade him 1st, but he can't play with Dwight and Dwight is younger. Also, I would love Dwight to resign, but it is not a definite.

blystr2002
01-23-2013, 01:18 PM
bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha :laugh: The only thing Kobe is forcing is his own shots!!! :laugh:

I know that is the perception and he does force shots, but he really is feeding Dwight the ball as much as he should as a SG/SF.

JLynn943
01-23-2013, 01:25 PM
He pretty much just directly took Shaq, Chuck, and Kenny's advice and implemented it. They kept saying how if they were given the ball as little as he was, they would be ripping their teammates in the locker room, demanding the ball. This is just Dwight going about that in his expected non-confrontational way.

justinnum1
01-23-2013, 01:27 PM
except when dwight does get the ball, he either turns it over, or misses a bunny. He looks like joel anthony on the offensive end.

nickdymez
01-23-2013, 02:02 PM
You know why Shaq got the ball so much??? Because when he got it, you can almost gaurantee something good is going to happen. His teamates knew that and felt more comfortable giving him the ball. Im almost confident most of you dont watch Dwight play as much as you think. He has no control in the post. I've never seen a player get as many offeinsve fouls called on him or just get flat out stripped like he does. His teamates just have no confidence in his ablities. Thats something he needs to address. Plus they know late in games that he will get fouled and probably ****in airball the gotdamn freethrow.

gotoHcarolina52
01-23-2013, 03:40 PM
@AlexKennedyNBA

Dwight Howard: "I’m the guy that has to dominate for us to win. We’re not going to win unless I dominate."

Kobe eats first, bro

Sly Guy
01-23-2013, 04:36 PM
@AlexKennedyNBA

Kobe eats first, bro

lol, and as much as I hate to admit it, Kobe eating first over Dwight is probably for the best.

mjt20mik
01-23-2013, 04:46 PM
Based on his size, he should be getting 15 touches a game.

nickdymez
01-23-2013, 04:47 PM
Based on his size, he should be getting 15 touches a game.

Really? :facepalm:

Money_23
01-23-2013, 10:18 PM
I wonder if Dwight is going to show the stat sheet tonight. :laugh2:

ThaDubs
01-24-2013, 04:32 AM
Dwight should start walking around with Kobe's stat sheets.
They're worse looking than his.

PLAYERS FAN
01-24-2013, 05:35 AM
According to Synergy, Howard in the post is .74 pts per possession. The league average is .85 pts per possession.
Kobe and Durant are both 1.12 pts per possession. Lopez is .96 pts per possession. Howard just suck in the post! He's so overrated it's not even funny.

According to John Ireland, Howard is getting the second most touches in the post behind Al Jefferson.

PLAYERS FAN
01-24-2013, 05:36 AM
You know why Shaq got the ball so much??? Because when he got it, you can almost gaurantee something good is going to happen. His teamates knew that and felt more comfortable giving him the ball. Im almost confident most of you dont watch Dwight play as much as you think. He has no control in the post. I've never seen a player get as many offeinsve fouls called on him or just get flat out stripped like he does. His teamates just have no confidence in his ablities. Thats something he needs to address. Plus they know late in games that he will get fouled and probably ****in airball the gotdamn freethrow.

According to Synergy, Howard in the post is .74 pts per possession. The league average is .85 pts per possession.
Kobe and Durant are both 1.12 pts per possession. Lopez is .96 pts per possession. Howard just suck in the post! He's so overrated it's not even funny.

According to John Ireland, Howard is getting the second most touches in the post behind Al Jefferson.

thenaj17
01-24-2013, 07:19 AM

Very interesting stats and exactly what most Laker fans have been saying this season. That's not all on Dwight though as spacing is so poor, he doesn't get a lot of room.

Mike D should show Dwight this stat sheet next time he complains about touches in the post.

Supreme LA
01-24-2013, 07:29 AM

Totally agree. Kobe said himself during his time with Shaq that when they threw the ball inside to him it was either a foul or a bucket and often times both. Watching Howard really makes me appreciate how great Shaq really was. I was fortunate to watch his whole career and to see him pushing the fast break at his size and with that agility was something to behold. Shaq will always be one of my favorite all-time players and Dwight is no where near as complete a player as Shaq was.

Jeffy25
01-24-2013, 10:15 AM

:clap:

that and Dwight had some turnovers

Hickenlooper
01-24-2013, 10:36 AM
The. Most. Overrated. Player. Ever.

MagicHero3
01-24-2013, 10:49 AM
theres so many ppl to blame for the laker's season so far. dwight, dantoni, the GM for hiring dantoni... but as a Magic fan, all I have to say is, Thanks LA!

Hickenlooper
01-24-2013, 10:52 AM
Totally agree. Kobe said himself during his time with Shaq that when they threw the ball inside to him it was either a foul or a bucket and often times both. Watching Howard really makes me appreciate how great Shaq really was. I was fortunate to watch his whole career and to see him pushing the fast break at his size and with that agility was something to behold. Shaq will always be one of my favorite all-time players and Dwight is no where near as complete a player as Shaq was.

Dwight is so far below the Shaq's of NBa history that the comparison itself is insulting.

shep33
01-24-2013, 11:27 AM
Dwight is so far below the Shaq's of NBa history that the comparison itself is insulting.

Yeah, I think Dwight is the superior defender (although this year he's nowhere close to elite).

Shaq >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dwight in every other facet of the game.

OceanSpray
01-24-2013, 03:49 PM
Dwight Howard is right but it's clear Kobe intimidates everyone in the locker room. It's no shocker why everyone he has played with doesn't like playing with him and speaks negative towards him. Dwight got 5 shots and people expect him to play better? It's like this. You're playing in a basketball game and there is that one ballhogger who doesn't pass it to anyone no matter how bad he's playing. Would you feel less inclined to play as his teammate? I would.

Lancelot
01-24-2013, 09:49 PM
This is my all-time favorite lakers team. Getgarnett.com part 2 is coming

Redskins10
01-24-2013, 10:24 PM
How good with the Lakers be if they traded for Nash but kept Bynum and didn't trade for Howard?

OceanSpray
01-24-2013, 10:56 PM
How good with the Lakers be if they traded for Nash but kept Bynum and didn't trade for Howard?

Trade Nash for who? No one is going to take him when the league is full of young PG's.

Bishnoff
01-24-2013, 11:13 PM
Trade Nash for who? No one is going to take him when the league is full of young PG's.

What he's asking is how good would the Lakers be right now if they hadn't traded for Dwight, but still did the Nash trade with Phoenix.

OceanSpray
01-24-2013, 11:15 PM
What he's asking is how good would the Lakers be right now if they hadn't traded for Dwight, but still did the Nash trade with Phoenix.

Considering Bynum hasn't played a game yet, they'll play worse.

Bishnoff
01-24-2013, 11:20 PM
Considering Bynum hasn't played a game yet, they'll play worse.

I wasn't asking, I was correcting :p

Hickenlooper
01-25-2013, 10:36 AM
Dwight Howard is right but it's clear Kobe intimidates everyone in the locker room. It's no shocker why everyone he has played with doesn't like playing with him and speaks negative towards him. Dwight got 5 shots and people expect him to play better? It's like this. You're playing in a basketball game and there is that one ballhogger who doesn't pass it to anyone no matter how bad he's playing. Would you feel less inclined to play as his teammate? I would.

I think whenever his teammates get annoyed with him, they go shine their rings and get over it pretty quick.

WAYNEBO
01-25-2013, 02:51 PM
We can all agree this Dwightmare has left the dock full steam.

Hustla23
01-25-2013, 06:24 PM
Some of the one line descriptions of Kobe and Dwight in this thread have me rolling on the floor. :laugh2:

SeoulBeatz
01-25-2013, 06:36 PM

I honestly think a healthy Bynum would be a better fit for this Lakers squad than Dwight.

Wow, this trade really screwed everybody :)