PDA

View Full Version : Brian Scalebrine obliterates Boston's best street ballers in 1 on 1.

Clippersfan86
01-22-2013, 05:15 PM
Remember the 1 on 1 challenge where Scal said he was sick of people running their mouths? Well it happened and Scalebrine beat all 4 opponents easily by a score of 44-6. Then he proceeded to beat the guys who hosted in a game of 1 on 3.. and beat them 11-1.

30 minutes of footage and some audio here to go with the article.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/01/22/toucher-richs-scallenge-no-challenge-for-brian-scalabrine/

So if you've ever said to yourself that you can beat "scrubs" in the NBA take notes. These guys auditioned for the chance to play Scalebrine and were some of the better players in all of Boston.

NoahH
01-22-2013, 05:20 PM
Hahaha we all knew this was coming didnt we

greg_ory_2005
01-22-2013, 05:24 PM
Well obviously he would. Scal don't play around on the court :clap:

BALLER R
01-22-2013, 05:25 PM
Imagine if they were facing Lebron, Durant, Kobe or Melo.

Captain Moroni
01-22-2013, 05:28 PM
Of course it was BOSTONS best, what do you expect.

kntresistheheat
01-22-2013, 05:31 PM
For a minute there I thought the white mamba was going for 83 points.

Sly Guy
01-22-2013, 05:41 PM
maaaaan, I'm tired of all these star calls. White mamba was hand checking the **** outta that guy one on one. Refs gotta call that.

lol

heyman321
01-22-2013, 05:43 PM
What do you expect? It was the White Mamba, they were lucky he didn't go off for 90 points.

ILLUSIONIST^248
01-22-2013, 05:52 PM
Remember the 1 on 1 challenge where Scal said he was sick of people running their mouths? Well it happened and Scalebrine beat all 4 opponents easily by a score of 44-6. Then he proceeded to beat the guys who hosted in a game of 1 on 3.. and beat them 11-1.

30 minutes of footage and some audio here to go with the article.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/01/22/toucher-richs-scallenge-no-challenge-for-brian-scalabrine/

So if you've ever said to yourself that you can beat "scrubs" in the NBA take notes. These guys auditioned for the chance to play Scalebrine and were some of the better players in all of Boston.

LMFAO!!!! skal is the man!

Clippersfan86
01-22-2013, 05:53 PM
2 of the players are college ball players including a Syracuse walk on BTW. 2 of the players were 6'8 or bigger as well so not like size was a real advantage.

blahblahyoutoo
01-22-2013, 05:56 PM
What do you expect? It was the White Mamba, they were lucky he didn't go off for 90 points.

he was holding back, obviously.

sep11ie
01-22-2013, 05:58 PM

The White Mamba has compassion.

BIG worm
01-22-2013, 06:02 PM
Awesome that he followed through with this....and the legend of Scalabrine grows!

haggis
01-22-2013, 06:04 PM
Damn, beat those dudes without HCA.

GOAT.

sep11ie
01-22-2013, 06:06 PM
I think he had HCA, kinda at least.

PrettyBoyJ
01-22-2013, 06:06 PM
This is awesome

DWhiteTheTruth
01-22-2013, 06:14 PM
Scal can hoop obviously but no offense these dudes he faced were scrubs and FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR from Bostons best street ballers lmao they wouldnt do a DAMN THING where I play in Roxbury, Washington Park etc lol cmon man

GoferKing_
01-22-2013, 06:14 PM
Emmm, seriously those are best players in Boston? They didn't even know how to dribble the ball... and Scal did foul the shiiiieet out of them.xD

Clippersfan86
01-22-2013, 06:16 PM
Scal can hoop obviously but no offense these dudes he faced were scrubs and FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR from Bostons best street ballers lmao they wouldnt do a DAMN THING where I play in Roxbury, Washington Park etc lol cmon man

Did you guys play college ball? These guys do. Not sure why you're expecting 6'8 or 6'9 PF's to have good handles man.

DWhiteTheTruth
01-22-2013, 06:20 PM
Did you guys play college ball? These guys do. Not sure why you're expecting 6'8 or 6'9 PF's to have good handles man.

Well I was going to play at a D3 schol but I had my daughter so I kind of put it on hold. Im good enough to play at a D3 even D2 level man, I know ball and I know good ballers, and THOSE that he played are NOT "Bostons best street ballers" because BOSTONS BEST STREET BALLERS would blow scal away, that's real man.

haggis
01-22-2013, 06:21 PM

So what you're saying is that he's undefeated with HCA.

Jordan-esque.

CubsBullsBucs
01-22-2013, 06:25 PM
*PLEASE correct spelling. it is SCALABRINE

D_Rose1118
01-22-2013, 06:36 PM
Well I was going to play at a D3 schol but I had my daughter so I kind of put it on hold. Im good enough to play at a D3 even D2 level man, I know ball and I know good ballers, and THOSE that he played are NOT "Bostons best street ballers" because BOSTONS BEST STREET BALLERS would blow scal away, that's real man.

there is a reason scal was in the NBA and bostons best street ballers are exactly that, streetballers....

Ty_Lawson
01-22-2013, 06:37 PM
If those guys are best Boston have,then idk...:facepalm:

Sofnr
01-22-2013, 06:39 PM

And the insanity continues. :laugh:

Ezekial
"And all the coaches that put me in for the last 2 mins, which is the best time for the white mamba to strike."

laohoo

Blow scal away?? Then try getting in the NBA first. All of you underestimating scal. Scal>everystreet baller dude that's why he's in the NBA and not those street ballers.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
01-22-2013, 06:44 PM
They plan on having a whole show on this after the Celtics game tonight:laugh2:

And for those of you that didn't know, Boston and Massachusetts as a whole really doesn't have basketball players that are as good as most of the country.

Ty_Lawson
01-22-2013, 06:48 PM
I didn't say that some streetballer would win vs any nba player,but those guys that played him,they aren't BEST streetballers boston have,they are streetballers that wanted to play vs Scal....Believe me,there has to be atleast one baller that would make it atleast to 8-9pts...believe it or not there are streetballers that didn't make it in the nba because of health problems,or problems with drugs...maybe in few years there will be some nba players doing the same thing Scal did and maybe they face idk lets say Royce White??You think Royce can't win vs some retired player 1on1??(i don't think it will be KD or LBJ,it will be(if it happens) some 15th player on roster or something like that)

BKdoubleStacker
01-22-2013, 06:59 PM
those guys were pretty bad, but this was pretty funny and Id love to see more

AddiX
01-22-2013, 06:59 PM
Where's the video of him playing 1 on 1, couldn't find it.

Shortys4711
01-22-2013, 07:04 PM
Not taking anything away from Scal and that hes not good, hell ya gotta be to be in the NBA, but like others have said, those guys a S**T there is no way in hell these are the best ballers in Boston, If so then just wow.

tmacsc2
01-22-2013, 07:15 PM
WHITE MAMBA STRIKES and WINS WITH EASE....... Just confirmed what i already knew.....i dont ever say i could beat any NBA player ever (maybe Robert Swift lol not really) but seriously next time you go to a gym and have a hard time guarding a guy just imagine what a NBA player would do to you!

Raps18-19 Champ
01-22-2013, 07:17 PM
Good.

Infamous916
01-22-2013, 07:29 PM
Scal is the man!

Guppyfighter
01-22-2013, 07:29 PM
Not taking anything away from Scal and that hes not good, hell ya gotta be to be in the NBA, but like others have said, those guys a S**T there is no way in hell these are the best ballers in Boston, If so then just wow.

He made them look ******.

Gormans Mic
01-22-2013, 07:42 PM
And for those of you that didn't know, Boston and Massachusetts as a whole really doesn't have basketball players that are as good as most of the country.

yeah but they got fat Irish ladies on lock down.

Gormans Mic
01-22-2013, 07:43 PM
Where's the video of him playing 1 on 1, couldn't find it.

its in the story in the link, scroll down in the middle.

mp3
01-22-2013, 07:47 PM
I am not impressed at all. It took him about 6 possessions to score a single point against the third guy. Also, what was up with some of these rules. If these are the 4 best ballers in Boston, then Boston has some pretty **** talent up there.

Gormans Mic
01-22-2013, 07:50 PM
They are four of the guys who were picked to play out of those who auditioned. They're I'm sure some of the better players, but who's to say those are the 4 best guys in Boston? As someone stated 2 of them play college ball. One is a walk on at Syracuse. Scal should take this on the road I guess, "street ball kings" around the country need to be shut up.

Guppyfighter
01-22-2013, 08:10 PM
I am not impressed at all. It took him about 6 possessions to score a single point against the third guy. Also, what was up with some of these rules. If these are the 4 best ballers in Boston, then Boston has some pretty **** talent up there.
He also played games consecutively and disallowed rebounds, which favors the opponents.

Sactown
01-22-2013, 09:02 PM
Talk about hand checking the 1st guy... wow.. The ref must of been his agent

Clippersfan86
01-22-2013, 09:35 PM
They are four of the guys who were picked to play out of those who auditioned. They're I'm sure some of the better players, but who's to say those are the 4 best guys in Boston? As someone stated 2 of them play college ball. One is a walk on at Syracuse. Scal should take this on the road I guess, "street ball kings" around the country need to be shut up.

Great points. I shouldn't have said 4 best players in Boston but 4 of the better that auditioned. Maybe the best players didn't audition for all we know. Bottom line is two play college for D1 schools which is much more than the people on here bashing it can say.

TheNumber37
01-22-2013, 09:56 PM
I wonder how it would've been if they played through shot attempts and had to rebound every possession.

Come to that challenge in NY

Blitzbolt
01-22-2013, 10:01 PM
How did this get 3 pages???

wow what's wrong with you people.

ThaDubs
01-22-2013, 10:03 PM
Guys, guys. WM was not trying. He's the world's most dormant snake, did you not get it the first time?
He doesn't go into battle mode unless confronted with worthy competitors.

Fired-Up
01-22-2013, 10:05 PM
The reason these guys look so is bad is cuz Scal is in the NBA. He got paid to play ball. Of course he's gonna demolish.

blahblahyoutoo
01-22-2013, 10:07 PM
maaaaan, I'm tired of all these star calls. White mamba was hand checking the **** outta that guy one on one. Refs gotta call that.

lol

It's call your own fouls and ref is there to override.
Scal was also traveling like crazy.

TO Rapz
01-22-2013, 10:15 PM
Scal travelled like a mother****er in this. That's really what stood out to me..

R. Johnson#3
01-22-2013, 10:24 PM
White Mamba forever.

Fired-Up
01-22-2013, 10:33 PM
Anybody else pretty happy Scal did this? Just to totally destroy guys that would own 99% of this forum? Pro athletes get disrespected so often. No college team is gonna beat a pro team. No guy off the street is gonna beat an NBA player, etc.

They get PAID

BlahaTRUTH
01-23-2013, 06:31 AM
Not a Scalebrine fan since he did the Pistons dirty back in the day. However, this video was pretty great. He's also doing good work with some TV commentating recently too. Talented guy.

The goods
01-23-2013, 06:43 AM
Go to New York with that **** or even Chicago then I'll be impressed.

The goods
01-23-2013, 06:46 AM
Anybody else pretty happy Scal did this? Just to totally destroy guys that would own 99% of this forum? Pro athletes get disrespected so often. No college team is gonna beat a pro team. No guy off the street is gonna beat an NBA player, etc.

They get PAID

Uhhhh I'd beat him, but then again I'm a nut checker on defense. Lol

mikekhelxD
01-23-2013, 07:43 AM
What is up with complaining with travelling and defense? You're playing with an ex NBA player. You follow NBA standards, in this case Scal's Rules (nba rules).

Travelling call is almost doesn't get called ever.
and
Call your own fouls. There is a ref there. Do what NBA players do. Call your own foul and yell at the ref.

tmacsc2
01-23-2013, 08:02 AM
White Mamba to the RACK and the fader is just dirty....Gotta incorporate these moves in my game!

bagwell368
01-23-2013, 08:50 AM
Not a Scalebrine fan since he did the Pistons dirty back in the day. However, this video was pretty great. He's also doing good work with some TV commentating recently too. Talented guy.

He's a much better announcer than he was a player.

The guys he played are not street ballers. There isn't much street ball in Boston. Hartford, NY, Chicago, are way ahead talent wise. In my day the best city talent was at BCH (City Hospital), when pros like Tiny Archibald and Terry Duerod would show up.

All but one of these guys were/are D1/D2 college players. And yes he traveled a lot.

blacknell
01-23-2013, 09:19 AM
I'm sure he didn't beat the guys from the streets of Boston because they don't have time to be auditioning for him

69centers
01-23-2013, 09:21 AM
I wanna see white mamba vs. black mamba, one on one.

ZHawk1123
01-23-2013, 09:39 AM

haha get out of here with that BS... No way in hell.

JiffyMix88
01-23-2013, 09:44 AM

No, Boston is full of sorry *** basketball players cause everyone is trying to act like they're in a Irish mob

Anyways great win for the white mamba against BOSTON'S BEST

ZHawk1123
01-23-2013, 09:48 AM
No, Boston is full of sorry *** basketball players cause everyone is trying to act like they're in a Irish mob

Anyways great win for the white mamba against BOSTON'S BEST

Wow, that's not stereotypical and ignorant at all...

FOBolous
01-23-2013, 10:27 AM
I don't think some of you who still thinks you can beat Scal realize how hard it is to make it to the nba. to do so, you have to prove yourself to be one of the best at every level...whether it's high school or college. even the worse player in the nba was one of the best when he was in high school/college. that's why they're a pro and no street ballers can beat a pro. street ballers are street ballers and no pros because they couldn't make it at whatever level they were at. what makes any of them think they have a chance versus someone who proved themselves to be one of the best at whatever level the street ballers are at and beyond?

Muttman73
01-23-2013, 10:43 AM
Don't F with the Mamba

mjt20mik
01-23-2013, 10:51 AM
I don't know why people think Scal is ****. I mean compare to other NBA players yes, but compared to College and other guys, he would destroy.

DWhiteTheTruth
01-23-2013, 10:54 AM
there is a reason scal was in the NBA and bostons best street ballers are exactly that, streetballers....

So ********** what??????? Just because he made the NBA does NOT MEAN hes better at basketball than ANY STREET BALLER........ you must be from the suburbs, which is FINE but you do NOT know street ball man im laughing at all of these people thinking that there is NO street ballers from Boston who are better than Scal HAHAHA, ok think what you want "well then why arent they in the NBA" LMAO thats so weak, theres PLENTY of reasons and personal reasons why some street ballers never made the NBA, struggles in life, school etc we dont know so dont ask that stupid *** question lmao

DWhiteTheTruth
01-23-2013, 10:55 AM
no, boston is full of sorry *** basketball players cause everyone is trying to act like they're in a irish mob

anyways great win for the white mamba against boston's best

lol k, I know because Boston is just full of white people right, tool bag.

JiffyMix88
01-23-2013, 10:56 AM
Wow, that's not stereotypical and ignorant at all...

Well let's be fair here you stay in New Hampshire and you're probably in the mountains snowboarding or eating yellow snow so I'm sure you wouldn't know

DWhiteTheTruth
01-23-2013, 10:58 AM
If those guys are best Boston have,then idk...:facepalm:

Not even close lmao I see better basketball players at local YMCA's daily.

JiffyMix88
01-23-2013, 11:03 AM
lol k, I know because Boston is just full of white people right, tool bag.

Naw I'm suuuuuuuuure you guys keep some black Irish wise guys around too :rolleyes:

MrfadeawayJB
01-23-2013, 05:00 PM
SCAL = GOAT :win:

Chronz
01-23-2013, 05:02 PM
I will never forget when Tracy Murray tore up a 24 hour fitness I was at.

Charokee Parks tore up the park I was playing at.

Never played against them but watching them dominate was something

ZHawk1123
01-23-2013, 05:15 PM
Well let's be fair here you stay in New Hampshire and you're probably in the mountains snowboarding or eating yellow snow so I'm sure you wouldn't know

I lived in Allston and Brighton for 5 years and have been in and around Boston my whole life... I think I have a solid grasp on the racial demographics of the city...

I also don't live in the mountain part of New Hampshire... I also have never snowboarded in my life... Or eaten yellow snow (really clever one bro)

You're great at being horribly ignorant. :clap:

MelanconMadness
01-23-2013, 05:29 PM
Kids in NYC public schools could have beaten the first dude. How is he one of Boston's best when he air balls short jumpers?

tapajafri
01-23-2013, 06:25 PM
lol

tapajafri
01-23-2013, 06:26 PM
This just goes to show how stupid the fans/media are for saying certain NBA bench warmers "suck" ....they may "suck" in the NBA, but they're still some of the best players in the world.

Nomar
01-23-2013, 06:37 PM
My boy! Not everyone can be the best in the NBA, but that doesn't mean hoodrats should challenge any NBA player. He won by the final score of 100 - Lennay Kekua.

Fired-Up
01-23-2013, 08:34 PM
So ********** what??????? Just because he made the NBA does NOT MEAN hes better at basketball than ANY STREET BALLER........ you must be from the suburbs, which is FINE but you do NOT know street ball man im laughing at all of these people thinking that there is NO street ballers from Boston who are better than Scal HAHAHA, ok think what you want "well then why arent they in the NBA" LMAO thats so weak, theres PLENTY of reasons and personal reasons why some street ballers never made the NBA, struggles in life, school etc we dont know so dont ask that stupid *** question lmao

So much wrong with this post. Can anyone off the street design a better bridge than an engineer? No, cuz that's their job. Can anyone off the street beat an NBA player? No, cuz that's their job.

John Walls Era
01-23-2013, 08:42 PM
OMG what has the world turned into? A former NBA player can demolish recreational basketball players in Boston (BOSTON of ALL places!). Unbelievable. I cannot believe that Scalabrine a former starter in the NBA can do this...

blastmasta26
01-23-2013, 09:26 PM
This just goes to show how stupid the fans/media are for saying certain NBA bench warmers "suck" ....they may "suck" in the NBA, but they're still some of the best players in the world.

When people say a certain NBA player sucks, I understand that they mean that player sucks only relatively.

DWhiteTheTruth
01-25-2013, 10:25 AM
So much wrong with this post. Can anyone off the street design a better bridge than an engineer? No, cuz that's their job. Can anyone off the street beat an NBA player? No, cuz that's their job.

Absolutely idiotic ^

torocan
01-25-2013, 01:16 PM
Kids in NYC public schools could have beaten the first dude. How is he one of Boston's best when he air balls short jumpers?

To be fair, people grossly overestimate their ability to "make shots". And making shots when playing a competitive game against a real defender is MUCH harder than just making an open shot in practice or playing a pick up game without an audience or cameras around.

I see this all the time in Pool.

A guy make an 8 ball run and they think they have a shot against a Professional. Aside from just a superior peak level of play and understanding, the difference between the amateur and the professional is a level of consistency that amateurs are unable to achieve not only in practice but in competition as well.

For example, Efren Reyes (one of the best 9-ball players in the world) executed 300 spot shots IN A ROW to win a bet. That's placing the cue ball and target ball on the 2 spots on the table (top of the triangle, center of the shot line).

I knew one semi-professional player. His best practice run was clearing 23 consecutive 9 ball racks without a single miss including off the breaks. And he considered himself 3 years away from being good enough to play as a full time professional.

The worst NBA players have a level of play and consistency that goes far beyond what amateurs can do. Are there former College players who were missed during the draft that could compete for a bench spot? Sure.

However, those ex-D1 and international players aren't common at all in terms of playing street ball. The vast majority who are that good are playing international ball.

Vampirate
01-25-2013, 01:51 PM

Yup, home court advantage.

As in, he's an nba level player and they are not, he has the advantage over them because he's just a flat out better player.

Therefore he has the advantage over any non nba player when he steps into any court.

OceanSpray
01-26-2013, 01:27 AM
This doesn't prove anything... Boston ballers aren't very good. Come to NYC, that's where the real street ballers are.

seikou8
01-26-2013, 02:49 AM
This doesn't prove anything... Boston ballers aren't very good. Come to NYC, that's where the real street ballers are.

yup i could beat him jk kinda

Hellcrooner
01-26-2013, 04:03 AM
i cant believe theres still people getting gangsta after the demolishion he has done.-

Deal with it, if you have the skill to be the worst nba player in the last position of the bench from the worst record nba team, is better than your streetballers.

add 95% of the players that have d1 experience or Pro experience abroad too as in better than streetballas.