PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Dwight to BKN, Love to LAL, Brook to MIN

LakersIn5
01-22-2013, 12:32 PM
http://sulia.com/m/jrudolphsports/f/4bff50d9-cecb-4613-939b-6cf01f456e20?source=twitter&guid=4bff50d9-cecb-4613-939b-6cf01f456e20

According to sources, King was planning to contact the Minnesota Timberwolves in order to gauge their interest in a three-team trade that would send Kevin Love to the Lakers, Brook Lopez to the Timberwolves and Dwight Howard to the Nets. Other small pieces would need to be included, but the proposed trade was thought to be intriguing enough to start conversations in the Lakers front office that would force them to deal with Howard earlier than planned.

That idea, however, was hurt when Love was sidelined 8-10 weeks with a broken hand. The Nets believed the Lakers would be interested in Love, but not an injured Love, even if they’re facing missing the playoffs, according to sources.

too bad love got injured

Max.This
01-22-2013, 12:35 PM
Love can shoot the three and stretch the floor. Why the hell would they want Brooks and pekovic to start together.

GiantsSwaGG
01-22-2013, 12:37 PM
Love can shoot the three and stretch the floor. Why the hell would they want Brooks and pekovic to start together.

Because Lopez isn't soft anymore and he can be the banger the Love isn't

CaptainClutch
01-22-2013, 12:37 PM
wait what?????? Link please

justinnum1
01-22-2013, 12:38 PM
except minny would never do that deal.

sep11ie
01-22-2013, 12:38 PM
In b4 da Close

Tmath
01-22-2013, 12:39 PM
Brooklyn & Minni would be stupid to do this.

CaptainClutch
Nevermind just copied and pasted it. Not gonna happen now cause K Love is hurt

GiantsSwaGG
In b4 da Close

It's a real report

gRaNdMasTaMaSh
01-22-2013, 12:40 PM
It was on real GM

sep11ie
01-22-2013, 12:41 PM
It was on real GM

lol

CaptainClutch
01-22-2013, 12:42 PM
:facepalm:

CityofTreez
01-22-2013, 12:44 PM
Real GM :laugh2:

justinnum1
01-22-2013, 12:44 PM
this is basically what billy king wanted to do. Lakers would do this in a heartbeat. dwight is a joke and not a winner. Minny would be stupid to do that deal

Metsboi69
01-22-2013, 12:45 PM
LOL its never going away.

CaptainClutch
01-22-2013, 12:45 PM
this is basically what billy king wanted to do. Lakers would do this in a heartbeat. dwight is a joke and not a winner. Minny would be stupid to do that deal

Kevin Love is their future and he signed the extension to prove he doesn't have to be in the spotlight of LA or NYC to win.

GiantsSwaGG
01-22-2013, 12:46 PM
It was on real GM

:laugh:

YoungOne
01-22-2013, 12:46 PM
we take lopez and give the lakers everything they want :D

GiantsSwaGG
01-22-2013, 12:47 PM
Funny thing is Dwight is a horrible fit for Brooklyn just by watching him in LA

GiantsSwaGG
01-22-2013, 12:48 PM
we take lopez and give the lakers everything they want :D

Avery Bradley, Sullinger, Rondo and Jeff Green might get their attention

CaptainClutch
01-22-2013, 12:48 PM
Funny thing is Dwight is a horrible fit for Brooklyn just by watching him in LA

Completely agree actually. They have a nice chemistry going. If anything, wait until the Nets go through this tough stretch of games to finish out the month of January

ILLUSIONIST^248
01-22-2013, 12:49 PM
Not happening .

HowFit
01-22-2013, 12:50 PM
Lol...

GiantsSwaGG
01-22-2013, 12:51 PM
Completely agree actually. They have a nice chemistry going. If anything, wait until the Nets go through this tough stretch of games to finish out the month of January

Not only he's a cancer, he so naive to think the offense can run through him. No post move, still recovering (might not even be the same) from a bulging disk and he's a horrible free throw shooter. Tyson would be licking his lips if he came to Brooklyn cause he shuts him down every match up cause he's easy to defend. He rather see Dwight than Lopez

nycericanguy
01-22-2013, 12:54 PM
Kevin Love is their future and he signed the extension to prove he doesn't have to be in the spotlight of LA or NYC to win.

Umm Kevin Love has repeatedly called out MIN and their FO... MIN fans are not too thrilled with him right now.

Considering MIN is also reportedly leary of paying Pekovic big money ( and we know he will command at least $12m per this offseason) this actually makes some sense for all 3 teams.

Heck if I'm the Lakers I might consider this even if Love is still hurt for a few more weeks, Love is signed for 2 more years and is the ideal PF next to Gasol at C for D'antoni.

MIN could put Brook at Center, and then trade Pekovic and get a real nice return there. But they have to get more than Brook, especially considering his injury history, you can't trade Love for Brook straight up.

all that being said, I'm not even sure that trade would make BK better anymore... Nets offense already struggles, now you want to take away their best offensive player and bring in Howard who struggles to create for himself and can't hit FT's.

CaptainClutch
01-22-2013, 12:55 PM
Not only he's a cancer, he so naive to think the offense can run through him. No post move, still recovering (might not even be the same) from a bulging disk and he's a horrible free throw shooter. Tyson would be licking his lips if he came to Brooklyn cause he shuts him down every match up cause he's easy to defend. He rather see Dwight than Lopez

And especially with the way Brook Lopez played yesterday blocking those drives to the basket by Carmelo. He's getting tougher and can stretch the floor with his 15-17 ft jumper

Twinsfan24
01-22-2013, 12:56 PM
Love is not going anywhere unless he demands it. The only way we trade Love in this trade is if we get Howard not Lopez. But this will never ever happen.

Metsboi69
01-22-2013, 12:58 PM
Love for Howard straight up makes sense for both teams. Unfortunately for Minn Howard would never sign long term there.

justinnum1
01-22-2013, 12:59 PM

he didnt even sign the 5yr deal lol

CaptainClutch
01-22-2013, 01:00 PM
No one knows what the 'smaller' pieces would be. Anyone gonna try to make something on NBA trade machine?

Metsboi69
01-22-2013, 01:00 PM
Me thinks us basketball fans are going to be dealing with another significant Dwightmare for the next two months. He eventually gets traded to the Hawks 24 hrs before the deadline for Horford, Teague and the Nets first rounder in 2014.

Badluck33
01-22-2013, 01:17 PM
BKN is doing FINE with out DH and actually pretty good with Lopez. They shouldn't move him.

LAL have been in every trade scenario over the past year on attaining howard. Now they will be in every trade scenario on trading away howard...

pretty sad.

and it wont get done. they will probably lose him for nothing.

The Los Angeles Bobcats are coming soon to LA LA LAnd....

mitch should be scouting NCAA players and not trying to figure out how to fix this team via trades. They aren't too far away from being a lottery team....

justinnum1
01-22-2013, 01:22 PM
stephen a just said jim buss doesn't like PJ beaches he is dating buss' sister. lmao. lakers are so ****ed.

CaptainClutch
01-22-2013, 01:23 PM
BKN is doing FINE with out DH and actually pretty good with Lopez. They shouldn't move him.

LAL have been in every trade scenario over the past year on attaining howard. Now they will be in every trade scenario on trading away howard...

pretty sad.

and it wont get done. they will probably lose him for nothing.

The Los Angeles Bobcats are coming soon to LA LA LAnd....

mitch should be scouting NCAA players and not trying to figure out how to fix this team via trades. They aren't too far away from being a lottery team....

You couldn't have said it any better. Trade away Howard and Pau and get REAL assets (i.e. young athletic players and picks)

todu82
01-22-2013, 01:26 PM
Yeah, can't see this happening either. You have to wonder now is there's a stigma attached to Howard. Both with his whining to get out of Orlando and the fact the Lakers are doing so poorly.

KniCks4LiFe
01-22-2013, 01:37 PM
Can I be honest? I think Brook Lopez is the superior offensive player. With that said, he's getting traded and Dwight Howard will be a Net. We all can't forget Dwight Howard when 100% motivated took an Orlando Magic team of scrubs to the NBA Finals. This probably happens next mth.

CaptainClutch
01-22-2013, 01:37 PM
Yeah, can't see this happening either. You have to wonder now is there's a stigma attached to Howard. Both with his whining to get out of Orlando and the fact the Lakers are doing so poorly.

I think its his fault his value won't be so high come the Feb 21st deadline. All of what you said is reason to believe a trade for Dwight last summer won't = a trade for Dwight in the next 4 weeks

abe_froman
01-22-2013, 01:39 PM
i cant see that happening,sorry laker fans

bronxbomba26
01-22-2013, 01:42 PM
NetsDaily.com ‏@NetsDaily

Nets source: Howard trade rumor "total BS" ... "fabricated" by "Jarrod Whatever His Name Is" Strong words delivered minutes after report.

http://www.netsdaily.com/2013/1/22/3903578/report-nets-still-looking-to-make-a-run-at-dwight-howard

A Nets source, responding to the latest rumor of Nets interest in Dwight Howard, called the report "total BS."

In an email, received minutes after NetsDaily reported on the rumor, the source wrote, "Total BS, Jarrod what ever his name is just fabricated a story"

According to Jarrod Rudolph, of Real GM, the Nets, Timberwolves and Lakers were engaged in discussion on a three-team trade that would have sent Kevin Love to Los Angeles, Brook Lopez to Minnesota and Dwight Howard to Brooklyn.

The hold up was, Love broke his hand and will miss the next 8-10 weeks. Yes, that was the "hold up."

The report flies in the face of what Ian O'Connor reported only last week, when he noted that the Nets are happy with Lopez and unlikely to jump over hurdles to satisfy Howard or his agent.

O'Connor quoted "one NBA official familiar with the thinking of Nets management" as saying that even in the (unlikely) event that Mitch Kupchak calls, the conversation might not be a long as it would have been with Rob Hennigan back in July. "It's not as cut and dried as it was last year, when the feeling was go ahead and pretty much gut the team for Dwight, give up a bunch of draft picks and players and take back bad contracts. That feeling isn't there anymore."

Rudolph has hit on a few of the Howard details in the past (before anyone else had them), including that Howard was staying in Orlando. However, Rudolph has also missed, in that he guaranteed that Howard would re-sign with the Lakers after the 2012-13 season. Now, that seems like it's far from a guarantee, as is evident from Rudolph's own reporting about the dissension in Los Angeles and the team's desire to move Howard.

CaptainClutch
01-22-2013, 01:42 PM
Can I be honest? I think Brook Lopez is the superior offensive player. With that said, he's getting traded and Dwight Howard will be a Net. We all can't forget Dwight Howard when 100% motivated took an Orlando Magic team of scrubs to the NBA Finals. This probably happens next mth.

While we can't forget what Dwight Howard did to that Magic team, he was getting a large % of the touches down low. He had players like Turk, JJ, Jameer Nelson and others who could really shoot the 3. Drawing double teams in the paint and kicking to the 3 point shooter

Teeboy1487
01-22-2013, 01:48 PM
I would love this trade even with Kevin Love injured. We are not going anywhere this year anyway. We have to get something for Howard and Love would be perfect.

KniCks4LiFe
01-22-2013, 01:48 PM
While we can't forget what Dwight Howard did to that Magic team, he was getting a large % of the touches down low. He had players like Turk, JJ, Jameer Nelson and others who could really shoot the 3. Drawing double teams in the paint and kicking to the 3 point shooter

Meanwhile Brook is getting the same touches. The system is fitting to that design. IDK if I'd do it though. But my common sense tells me it's Dwight Howard. Then my somewhat heart saids Brook is a better scorer and improving defensively and on the boards.

bronxbomba26
01-22-2013, 01:49 PM
If I'm the Nets, I'm not giving up Brook to get Dwight and only Dwight. I'd want more. Brook is the best offensive center in the game right now. Not to mention he has the #4 PER in the NBA right now only behind lebron, KD, and CP3.

But either way, the Nets are denying these rumors. Makes me feel much better about it.

Hellcrooner
01-22-2013, 01:50 PM
with love out for a long time lakers wont make that deal.

Now, Nets should talk to Memphis bout being the third team.
If they can convince them to take Lopez and maybe Brooks and send L.A gay and Marc that may do the trick for all the involved.

bronxbomba26
01-22-2013, 01:53 PM
with love out for a long time lakers wont make that deal.

Now, Nets should talk to Memphis bout being the third team.
If they can convince them to take Lopez and maybe Brooks and send L.A gay and Marc that may do the trick for all the involved.

You're Joking right? The Lakers getting Rudy Gay and Marc Gasol for giving up about 3 months of Dwight? That's laughable. That'd NEVER happen in a million years.

benzni
01-22-2013, 01:57 PM
I heard on Real GM that Derrick Rose is being traded to the hawks for Teague and Smith

KniCks4LiFe
01-22-2013, 01:59 PM
If I'm the Nets, I'm not giving up Brook to get Dwight and only Dwight. I'd want more. Brook is the best offensive center in the game right now. Not to mention he has the #4 PER in the NBA right now only behind lebron, KD, and CP3.

But either way, the Nets are denying these rumors. Makes me feel much better about it.

What if they offer this?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bjrnuef

CaptainClutch
01-22-2013, 01:59 PM
Whewf that the 'Nets Source' denied the report right away. Again, as someone earlier said, Brook Lopez is the best offensive center in the NBA and only becoming more of a beast defensively over time

Hellcrooner
01-22-2013, 02:00 PM
You're Joking right? The Lakers getting Rudy Gay and Marc Gasol for giving up about 3 months of Dwight? That's laughable. That'd NEVER happen in a million years.

wich three months? dwight goes to NEtS where he signs back, Memphis get LOPEZ ( signed) and MARSHON BROOKS:

oak2455
01-22-2013, 02:03 PM
wich three months? dwight goes to NEtS where he signs back, Memphis get LOPEZ ( signed) and MARSHON BROOKS:

Brooks is garbage

KniCks4LiFe
01-22-2013, 02:04 PM
What if they offer this?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bjrnuef

*coughs*

Robbw241
01-22-2013, 02:04 PM
Why Won't Jarrod Rudolph just die!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry:

Metsboi69
01-22-2013, 02:05 PM
*coughs*

Nets wouldn't deal Wallace, rather picks or Hump if anyone would want that scrub.

Robbw241
01-22-2013, 02:07 PM
*coughs*

Lakers rape everyone. Which means it will probably happen :(

KniCks4LiFe
01-22-2013, 02:08 PM
Nets wouldn't deal Wallace, rather picks or Hump if anyone would want that scrub.

so you wouldn't do that deal? Howard/Clark/Williams landing in BRK?

oak2455
This isn't real why is this crap still open.... I'll believe it when bleacher report says it ;)

CaptainClutch
*coughs*

cricket cricket

shep33
You know what? Some Nets fans are right, I honestly think Dwight would be a worse fit in Brooklyn than in LA. Just by the style they play, and Brook is a superior offensive player, which they need because they have trouble scoring some nights

CaptainClutch
01-22-2013, 02:11 PM
I heard on Real GM that Derrick Rose is being traded to the hawks for Teague and Smith

I heard Brian Scalabrine broke the deal cause he didn't want to go to Atlanta ;)

KniCks4LiFe
01-22-2013, 02:11 PM
You know what? Some Nets fans are right, I honestly think Dwight would be a worse fit in Brooklyn than in LA. Just by the style they play, and Brook is a superior offensive player, which they need because they have trouble scoring some nights

here's some of my thoughts, what if Dwight is halfassing it b/c he doesn't want to be in LA?

torocan
01-22-2013, 02:12 PM
stephen a just said jim buss doesn't like PJ beaches he is dating buss' sister. lmao. lakers are so ****ed.

Actually, of the reasons for NOT hiring Phil Jackson, this is the only reason that I would consider defensible.

There are a LOT of family run businesses that won't put spouses/significant others in positions of high responsibility simple to avoid how messy things can become.

It's hard to discipline a brother/sister in law, and very hard to terminate someone that's extended family regardless of performance.

And even if it doesn't reach that point, it can get messy as heck as it can blur the employer/employee relationship. And lord help the business if they ever get divorced or break up. Uncomfortable.... to say the least.

So yah, if that was the reason they didn't hire Phil, it's actually one that's somewhat justifiable.

CaptainClutch
here's some of my thoughts, what if Dwight is halfassing it b/c he doesn't want to be in LA?

Duuuuude you just want to see Tyson RAPE D12 in the battle of the boroughs haha

Stinkyoutsider
Would have been a solid deal for the Lakers. Gasol would be at the 5 and take all the low post scoring opportunities with Howard gone. And the Lakers get a little younger with Love and a dirty works player they need.

Brookland would finally get Howard like they wanted. I think this would energize the entire team but Lopez is good in the post offensively. Howard is a load down there too but the Nets live off of doubles Lopez gets. I think his scoring technique is more versatile but Howard's drop step is better right now.

The Twolves would have a huge front line? Pekovic and Lopez is huge. They would dominate the boards and do damage on both ends imo. Losing a star like Love would probably be bad for the fans but I think in the long run because they like Love, but I can see those 2 guys beating people up in the paint every game...

GiantsSwaGG
01-22-2013, 02:13 PM
*coughs*

Why would the Wolves trade for a center when they already have one?

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
01-22-2013, 02:13 PM
Crazy how things change man... all Lakers fans couldn't wait to get Dwight and loved gloating it up in nets fans face ... nets fans woulda killed there first born to get Dwight and Dwill together ... now no one wants him and wants him traded or prays there them doesnt try and trade for him and he is getting the label of a "cancer"

Its just cray how things changes

KniCks4LiFe
01-22-2013, 02:15 PM
Why would the Wolves trade for a center when they already have one?

B/c their C is a FA after this year. And can't score like Mr. Cowabunga.

shep33
01-22-2013, 02:16 PM
LA shouldn't trade Dwight unless he asks to be dealt or doesn't commit on re-upping. I'm sure that conversation will come up around the deadline.

If Dwight doesn't want to re-up, I'd gladly take Love, because we get a stud player to build around for the future. I doubt Minny is interested though. So this deal likely won't happen.

GiantsSwaGG
01-22-2013, 02:21 PM
B/c their C is a FA after this year. And can't score like Mr. Cowabunga.

And can be resigned for a cheaper contract than Lopez is being paid. Minny laughs at that trade.

CaptainClutch
01-22-2013, 02:21 PM
LA shouldn't trade Dwight unless he asks to be dealt or doesn't commit on re-upping. I'm sure that conversation will come up around the deadline.

If Dwight doesn't want to re-up, I'd gladly take Love, because we get a stud player to build around for the future. I doubt Minny is interested though. So this deal likely won't happen.

Still have the field offers and actively seek some too. You got 30 days until it can't happen and then its a hit or miss with him signing in Houston, ATL or elsewhere

Lab Rat Robby
01-22-2013, 02:26 PM
Me thinks us basketball fans are going to be dealing with another significant Dwightmare for the next two months. He eventually gets traded to the Hawks 24 hrs before the deadline for Horford, Teague and the Nets first rounder in 2014.

x2 but they should keep teague.

2-ONE-5
01-22-2013, 02:26 PM
banger? no.

Dwight took a team to the finals if hes not a winner what does that make Lopez and Love?

And especially with the way Brook Lopez played yesterday blocking those drives to the basket by Carmelo. He's getting tougher and can stretch the floor with his 15-17 ft jumper

a 7 footer blocking shots makes him tougher?

KniCks4LiFe
01-22-2013, 02:28 PM
And can be resigned for a cheaper contract than Lopez is being paid. Minny laughs at that trade.

saids who? And he can't score like Lopez and Brooks is SG w/ a ceiling yet to be touched. I like Pekovic but com'on now.

king4day
01-22-2013, 02:28 PM
I find it hard to believe that LA wouldn't take an injured Kevin Love. It's a broken hand, not a torn ACL.

CaptainClutch
01-22-2013, 02:31 PM
I find it hard to believe that LA wouldn't take an injured Kevin Love. It's a broken hand, not a torn ACL.

I think that explains the validity of the article

KniCks4LiFe
01-22-2013, 02:32 PM

I don't believe the rumor myself.

Hellcrooner
01-22-2013, 02:43 PM

Broken SHOOTING hand.
Thats risky at best case scenario it will take him months to get his touch again, at worst he will NEVEr get it back.

Im_in_Mia_bish
01-22-2013, 02:44 PM
LOL! u might as well post articles from bleacherreport while youre at it.

allSUAVE
01-22-2013, 02:50 PM
This is a good trade for all teams

allSUAVE
01-22-2013, 02:53 PM
Actually minny would be stupid ..kevin love>> brook lopez

ILLUSIONIST^248
01-22-2013, 03:01 PM

LOL. You're not getting dwight anyways noob.

CaptainClutch
01-22-2013, 03:01 PM
this whole thing is a joke

ILLUSIONIST^248
01-22-2013, 03:09 PM
this whole thing is a joke

Obviously. You really thought you were going to get Dwight for lopez?.LOLLOLOL

CaptainClutch
01-22-2013, 03:22 PM

You're getting someone with the 4th highest PER in the league behind Durant, LeBron and CP3

waveycrockett
01-22-2013, 03:23 PM
Actually minny would be stupid ..kevin love>> brook lopez

Funny cause Brook Lopez>>Dwight Howard>>>>Kevin Love this year

waveycrockett
01-22-2013, 03:24 PM

And you really thought you guys were a playoff team this year LOLOLOLOLOL

Hawkeye15
01-22-2013, 03:25 PM
Minnesota would be insane to do this deal.

Chill_Will_24
01-22-2013, 03:26 PM
I see no reason for Minnesota to do this. None. Unless they are enamored with Brooks. Lopez has made strides this year and is a legitimate all star in the East and has arguably played better than Howard but let's be real here he is not as good a player as K.Love. I am sure that Howard want to be in Brooklyn. Pretty much anyone with a brain that is not a Lakers fan will admit this. However at this point i doubt he has any leverage.

The Nets are rolling and are the hottest team in the league (9-1 in the last 10 games) with Lopez a crucial part of the offense. Unless the Nets can make some additional trades to get some shooters than i do not see how Howard in Brooklyn can work as effectively as it did in Orlando which some here are implying.

That said i do not agree with those that think the Nets would get worse. You are forgetting that Dwight Howard is elite defensively and a rebounding machine. That alone improves the offense by getting them more transition buckets and multiple possessions. On offense the guy is still unstoppable inside.

Let's also not forget that in Brooklyn the Nets have one of the best pick and roll point guards in the league. Deron may be struggling to do what he did in Utah but in Utah he had pick and roll heaven. In Brooklyn he has Kris Humphries and the awkward Lopez who is not an ideal target for the pick and roll due to his lack of mobility.

The Nets WOULD get better. Just do not think Howard will be as good as in ORL unless the bring ATL in on this. This was my trade idea. Lakers, Hawks, Bucks, and Nets fans what do you think?

Nets get: Howard, Illyasova, Pryzbilla, Korver
Hawks get: Lopez, Brooks
Bucks get: Humphries, Taylor and picks
Lakets get: Smith

The Bucks seem to be the only team that gets low balled in this deal and that is only to the fans because if we are being honest Illyasova has been garbage this season and to a low market team swapping his long contract with Humphries 1 year deal would be ideal. I threw in Taylor just so that Bucks fans will not cry bloody murder.

Here is one involving the Wolves instead

Nets get Dwight Howard and Kyle Korver
Hawks get Kevin Love, Marshon Brooks, and Gerald Wallace
Lakers get Smith
Wolves get Lopez, Tayshawn Taylor, and Deshawn Stevenson

Then the Nets can make an additional trade for Illyasova

waveycrockett
01-22-2013, 03:27 PM
Minnesota would be insane to do this deal.

Love is utterly useless right now, broke his shooting hand and will probably opt out of his contract. Insane isn't the word I'd choose more like smart.

Mr_Amaziing
01-22-2013, 03:28 PM
Link?

Hawkeye15
01-22-2013, 03:29 PM
Would have been a solid deal for the Lakers. Gasol would be at the 5 and take all the low post scoring opportunities with Howard gone. And the Lakers get a little younger with Love and a dirty works player they need.

Brookland would finally get Howard like they wanted. I think this would energize the entire team but Lopez is good in the post offensively. Howard is a load down there too but the Nets live off of doubles Lopez gets. I think his scoring technique is more versatile but Howard's drop step is better right now.

The Twolves would have a huge front line? Pekovic and Lopez is huge. They would dominate the boards and do damage on both ends imo. Losing a star like Love would probably be bad for the fans but I think in the long run because they like Love, but I can see those 2 guys beating people up in the paint every game...

neither Lopez or Pekovic is playing PF, and if the Wolves are having concerns about paying Pek now, they are essentially saying we will trade Love for Lopez straight up, and let Pekovic walk, which is why this is a stupid trade that should never happen. Love has been hurt, and didn't play great when he was playing this season after coming back early from a broken shooting hand, but I don't think anyone in their right mind would say Lopez is in his class if we are looking at their bodies of work as a whole. Love is a far better player when both are healthy.

Hawkeye15
01-22-2013, 03:30 PM
Love is utterly useless right now, broke his shooting hand and will probably opt out of his contract. Insane isn't the word I'd choose more like smart.

He can't opt out for 2.5 more years dude, that isn't a concern.

CaptainClutch
01-22-2013, 03:31 PM
I see no reason for Minnesota to do this. None. Unless they are enamored with Brooks. Lopez has made strides this year and is a legitimate all star in the East and has arguably played better than Howard but let's be real here he is not as good a player as K.Love. I am sure that Howard want to be in Brooklyn. Pretty much anyone with a brain that is not a Lakers fan will admit this. However at this point i doubt he has any leverage.

The Nets are rolling and are the hottest team in the league (9-1 in the last 10 games) with Lopez a crucial part of the offense. Unless the Nets can make some additional trades to get some shooters than i do not see how Howard in Brooklyn can work as effectively as it did in Orlando which some here are implying.

That said i do not agree with those that think the Nets would get worse. You are forgetting that Dwight Howard is elite defensively and a rebounding machine. That alone improves the offense by getting them more transition buckets and multiple possessions. On offense the guy is still unstoppable inside.

Let's also not forget that in Brooklyn the Nets have one of the best pick and roll point guards in the league. Deron may be struggling to do what he did in Utah but in Utah he had pick and roll heaven. In Brooklyn he has Kris Humphries and the awkward Lopez who is not an ideal target for the pick and roll due to his lack of mobility.

The Nets WOULD get better. Just do not think Howard will be as good as in ORL unless the bring ATL in on this. This was my trade idea. Lakers, Hawks, Bucks, and Nets fans what do you think?

Nets get: Howard, Illyasova, Pryzbilla, Korver
Hawks get: Lopez, Brooks
Bucks get: Humphries, Taylor and picks
Lakets get: Smith

The Bucks seem to be the only team that gets low balled in this deal and that is only to the fans because if we are being honest Illyasova has been garbage this season and to a low market team swapping his long contract with Humphries 1 year deal would be ideal. I threw in Taylor just so that Bucks fans will not cry bloody murder.

Lakers get Smith

I really like your thinking man. Two viable trade options. Did you try any on the trade machine?

GiantsSwaGG
01-22-2013, 03:31 PM
saids who? And he can't score like Lopez and Brooks is SG w/ a ceiling yet to be touched. I like Pekovic but com'on now.

With Rubio he can put up 16 points a game plus they have love who's a better scorer and rebounder than Lopez. Plus Nikola is a better defender. The trade is laughable. Love alone is better than Lopez so why downgrade!

And yes Brooks can score but he's a HORRIBLE defender... There's a reason Brooks isn't playing even with the new coaching change. Stop it

waveycrockett
01-22-2013, 03:34 PM
He can't opt out for 2.5 more years dude, that isn't a concern.

Just like it wasn't a concern 2.5 years ago for the Magic right? It's never a good thing when your franchise player wants to jump ship like he clearly plans to do and the longer you wait the less you will get. See ORL.

GiantsSwaGG
01-22-2013, 03:36 PM
Just like it wasn't a concern 2.5 years ago for the Magic right? It's never a good thing when your franchise player wants to jump ship like he clearly plans to do and the longer you wait the less you will get. See ORL.

Orlando won the trade :facepalm: not only that they might have more lottery picks than expected giving the fact sixers and lakers are basically lottery teams now. Magics have a good young square just need a few pieces to contend!

waveycrockett
01-22-2013, 03:37 PM
With Rubio he can put up 16 points a game plus they have love who's a better scorer and rebounder than Lopez. Plus Nikola is a better defender. The trade is laughable. Love alone is better than Lopez so why downgrade!

And yes Brooks can score but he's a HORRIBLE defender... There's a reason Brooks isn't playing even with the new coaching change. Stop it

Like you've said many times about Lopez in the past. Love is a great scorer on a bad team and he is a worse defender than Lopez. You can't run an offense around Love who isn't a post player and isn't a prime Dirk.

Hawkeye15

But why on earth rush? That makes no sense dude. I understand some fans just overreact, and want to pull the trigger now, but what good would it do to trade a 24 year old, all NBA player, when he has that many years left on his deal? If the Wolves can get healthy by next year, and re-sign Pekovic, I don't see why its not a 50 win team, which will shut Love up quickly.

Winning cures all.

HowFit
LOL. You're not getting dwight anyways noob.

I would rather have Brook...

waveycrockett
01-22-2013, 03:38 PM
Orlando won the trade :facepalm: not only that they might have more lottery picks than expected giving the fact sixers and lakers are basically lottery teams now. Magics have a good young square just need a few pieces to contend!

It's a joke to think ORL won the trade. Their team is awful right now and they will not even get a top-5 pick this year. They will be the Toronto Raptors 2.0.

waveycrockett
01-22-2013, 03:40 PM
But why on earth rush? That makes no sense dude. I understand some fans just overreact, and want to pull the trigger now, but what good would it do to trade a 24 year old, all NBA player, when he has that many years left on his deal? If the Wolves can get healthy by next year, and re-sign Pekovic, I don't see why its not a 50 win team, which will shut Love up quickly.

Winning cures all.

Not rush just plan accordingly. Love just cant stand the people who run that org. Being on a 50 win team didn't please Dwight enough to stay and it might not be enough to please Love.

GiantsSwaGG
01-22-2013, 03:41 PM
Like you've said many times about Lopez in the past. Love is a great scorer on a bad team and he is a worse defender than Lopez. You can't run an offense around Love who isn't a post player and isn't a prime Dirk.

Great scorer on a bad team? Wolves would of been a decent squad if it wasn't for the injuries. Give love a second scorer and they will thrive. Love is better than Lopez and its not even close let alone a debate!

CaptainClutch
01-22-2013, 03:42 PM
great scorer on a bad team? Wolves would of been a decent squad if it wasn't for the injuries. Give love a second scorer and they will thrive. Lopez is better than lopez and its not even close let alone a debate!

*love

GiantsSwaGG
01-22-2013, 03:42 PM
Not rush just plan accordingly. Love just cant stand the people who run that org. Being on a 50 win team didn't please Dwight enough to stay and it might not be enough to please Love.

Who said love is thinking like Dwight, if anything Dwight looks even more stupid because he wanted to leave a 50 win team for a team that won't even make the playoffs. Dwight screwed himself and I'm pretty sure love wouldn't want to follow his foot steps.

GiantsSwaGG
01-22-2013, 03:43 PM
*love

Yeah I was typing to fast mybag

waveycrockett
01-22-2013, 03:44 PM
Great scorer on a bad team? Wolves would of been a decent squad if it wasn't for the injuries. Give love a second scorer and they will thrive. Lopez is better than Lopez and its not even close let alone a debate!

He's played with Al Jefferson 2 years ago did he not? A top-5 scoring big man in the game and a guy whose game should of complemented Love's.

Infamous916
01-22-2013, 03:44 PM
Because every GM wants to help rebuild a sinking ship.....

GiantsSwaGG
01-22-2013, 03:45 PM
He's played with Al Jefferson 2 years ago did he not? A top-5 scoring big man in the game and a guy whose game should of complemented Love's.

:facepalm: Jefferson is not a go to scorer...

Hawkeye15
01-22-2013, 03:46 PM

Dwight was given early success, and the team never got better. Love hasn't even sniffed it yet. There is a difference. And planning accordingly isn't what we would be doing, it would be trading an all star, all NBA player when his value is at its lowest. The Wolves would be insane to trade Love right now, they will not get fair value. If they do, they are being short sighted as an organization.

GiantsSwaGG
01-22-2013, 03:47 PM
Love needs a go to scorer at the 2 or the 3 because of the system. Derrick Williams was suppose to be that guy and failed. The wolves should make a play for Rudy Gay

Hawkeye15
01-22-2013, 03:48 PM

You absolutely did not watch the Wolves then dude, if this is your assessment. Jefferson and Love didn't compliment each other at all, and it was clear Love was the better player, even then, hence why they traded Jefferson to make room for Love.

Hawkeye15
01-22-2013, 03:49 PM
Love needs a go to scorer at the 2 or the 3 because of the system. Derrick Williams was suppose to be that guy and failed. The wolves should make a play for Rudy Gay

Gay? No thanks. He is an inefficient volume scorer who slows down the offense. Honestly, just re-sign Pekovic, stay healthy, and get some shooters.

waveycrockett
01-22-2013, 03:52 PM
:facepalm: Jefferson is not a go to scorer...

He was last year after making the allstar team and leading his team the playoffs and he's doing it again this year. Your point makes no sense. Who is he supposed to be paired with?

GiantsSwaGG
01-22-2013, 03:53 PM
Gay? No thanks. He is an inefficient volume scorer who slows down the offense. Honestly, just re-sign Pekovic, stay healthy, and get some shooters.

True but he would take the scoring load off of Love. Plus Rubio would put him in the right position on top of that. Your current team isn't going to cut it. U need another scorer. Gay can be the guy.

Chill_Will_24
01-22-2013, 03:54 PM
I really like your thinking man. Two viable trade options. Did you try any on the trade machine?

Both work though only the first one is realistic imo

Love is worth a lot more than Lopez, and Taylor. I tried making it work with Brooks going there but could not figure it out. Also there is the problem that i do not think anyone will take Wallace. So that second trade is just be playing with the machine but not realistic at all

Chill_Will_24
01-22-2013, 03:56 PM

Winning cures all.

Is your ownership willing to pay the bill? Just curious because i do not know anything about the Wolves

Pekovic will be in high demand.

I mean look at the Grizzlies now. They may look great on the court but behind the scenes they are shopping their best players because of money concerns

GiantsSwaGG
01-22-2013, 03:57 PM
He was last year after making the allstar team and leading his team the playoffs and he's doing it again this year. Your point makes no sense. Who is he supposed to be paired with?

You serious lack basketball knowledge. First off only reason they made the playoffs is because outside of the 7 teams that got in, the 8 spot was a toss up and the teams weren't that good. Nikola can put just about the same numbers if Rubio is healthy. Watch the wolves from the earlier years, Jefferson was actually hurting love growth. The way Love game is, he needs shooters around him!

Hawkeye15
01-22-2013, 04:00 PM
True but he would take the scoring load off of Love. Plus Rubio would put him in the right position on top of that. Your current team isn't going to cut it. U need another scorer. Gay can be the guy.

If they re-sign Pekovic, that is a 16/8 guy. If we get healthy, Budinger, Kirilenko, Shved, and even Barea are capable of pulling their weight there. The team would benefit from getting another scorer, but I would be upset if our GM fell trap to the overpaid shot creator/chucker syndrome that gets teams in trouble. Explore trading Williams for a young SG like Marshon Brooks, or another low key SG that can score 15 a night on average efficiency.

GiantsSwaGG
01-22-2013, 04:04 PM
If they re-sign Pekovic, that is a 16/8 guy. If we get healthy, Budinger, Kirilenko, Shved, and even Barea are capable of pulling their weight there. The team would benefit from getting another scorer, but I would be upset if our GM fell trap to the overpaid shot creator/chucker syndrome that gets teams in trouble. Explore trading Williams for a young SG like Marshon Brooks, or another low key SG that can score 15 a night on average efficiency.

MarShon brooks isn't an efficient scorer and is a chucker himself. Plus he's a HORRIBLE defender and serious needs to add weight. If only Portland didn't match Batum contract, he would of been the PERFECT fit for that team.

VinceCarter
01-22-2013, 04:08 PM

Lakers get Smith

This trade is horrid. Also look at the Hawks...they get Love, Brooks and Wallace for giving up Smith, Korver and DeShawn??! I love Smith but he is not worth THAT much.

Hawkeye15
01-22-2013, 04:09 PM
Is your ownership willing to pay the bill? Just curious because i do not know anything about the Wolves

Pekovic will be in high demand.

I mean look at the Grizzlies now. They may look great on the court but behind the scenes they are shopping their best players because of money concerns

not sure dude. Taylor paid the tax before, when we were competitive he was more than willing to go over the cap. But new ownership will slowly be taking over the next few years, and I don't know how much influence they may have in the decision. Pekovic will probably command 4 years, $48 million or so.

Hawkeye15
01-22-2013, 04:10 PM
MarShon brooks isn't an efficient scorer and is a chucker himself. Plus he's a HORRIBLE defender and serious needs to add weight. If only Portland didn't match Batum contract, he would of been the PERFECT fit for that team.

essentially they need a cheap scoring guard, if they re-sign Pekovic. They can't put themselves that far over the cap, and afford the huge bills that would come down the line, just like the Grizzlies are going to be going through in the next couple of years.

If the Blazers wouldn't have matched, Pek was gone anyways after this season. Just food for thought, he may be anyways, we shall see if they are willing to spend.

shep33
01-22-2013, 04:15 PM
Yeah, this deal isn't going to happen

GiantsSwaGG
01-22-2013, 04:17 PM
essentially they need a cheap scoring guard, if they re-sign Pekovic. They can't put themselves that far over the cap, and afford the huge bills that would come down the line, just like the Grizzlies are going to be going through in the next couple of years.

If the Blazers wouldn't have matched, Pek was gone anyways after this season. Just food for thought, he may be anyways, we shall see if they are willing to spend.

Nikola might be gone either way and Batum would solve your shooting woes trumendously. Even if u guys go after an average Center like a mozgof

Rubio
Shevid
Batum
Love
Mosgov

That's a good squad and a playoff contender

Chill_Will_24
01-22-2013, 04:17 PM
Yeah, this deal isn't going to happen

This is not even legit. Just some guy speculating. NetsDaily may seem like just a blog but the editor who runs it is very well connected to the Nets and knows what is and is not legit and he called the report complete BS

NetsDaily had the Joe Johnson deal before any reporter or beat writer sniffed it out.

Hawkeye15
01-22-2013, 04:20 PM
Nikola might be gone either way and Batum would solve your shooting woes trumendously. Even if u guys go after an average Center like a mozgof

Rubio
Shevid
Batum
Love
Mosgov

That's a good squad and a playoff contender

well, they tried to get Batum, it didn't work, moving on haha..

ILLUSIONIST^248
01-22-2013, 04:20 PM
I would rather have Brook...

GiantsSwaGG
01-22-2013, 04:21 PM
well, they tried to get Batum, it didn't work, moving on haha..

Yup which sucks cause you might have to overpay for Nikola who's having an average season at best and will still command a big contract!

The goods
01-22-2013, 04:21 PM
except minny would never do that deal.

Neither would L.A. Gasols soft *** needs to get traded as well.

The goods
01-22-2013, 04:23 PM
Give us Love, Lopez, and some young players and picks for Dwight and Pau

GiantsSwaGG
01-22-2013, 04:23 PM

Brook is a better fit for their system. Although Dwight is light years better than Lopez, Lopez fits the scheme better than Dwight. Plus Tyson would shut down Dwight, he has a harder time guarding Lopez than Dwight

moneygman
01-22-2013, 04:26 PM
As a Nets fan. I hope we keep Brook. He's getting better. I think we need a better PF who can defend to keep pressure off Brook. His offensive game is the only reason why we stay afloat during bad offensive stretches. Pick and roll with Brook is hard to defend. Easier to defend with D-Will & Dwight.

Dwight should stay in LA. If he really wanted Brooklyn, he could have just signed as a FA last offseason. He's blown his chance. I like this Nets team. I think they are the second best team in the East.

Hawkeye15
01-22-2013, 04:42 PM
Yup which sucks cause you might have to overpay for Nikola who's having an average season at best and will still command a big contract!

Pek is playing fine honestly, and with a healthy Rubio, he will be a top 10 center. I mean, for a 6'11", 290 lb efficient center, you pay $$$ dude. Honestly, Kirilenko has worked out just fine. Its our health dude, my god. We are going to be the Nets of last year, who had exponentially the most missed games due to injury on their roster in the NBA.

Team*Chicago
01-22-2013, 04:58 PM
The Timberwolves would be dumb enough to do that trade, the Nets are dying for Dwight and the Lakers do have a history doing lopsided trades that only favors and benefits them.

TheNumber37
01-22-2013, 05:06 PM
As a Knick fan, I'd welcome Howard and his poor mid range and free throw shooting back to the eastern conference; Brook Lopez has been killing us.
For Minnesota to throw out Klove for Brook Lopez makes no sense because:
1. KLove> Lopez
2. They already have a capable center n Pekovic.
Are they just trying to secure a playoff Berth and first round loss to the Thunder or Clippers?

If I was Brooklyn, I would do it. A lot of the Heat comes off Dwight from having to play in LA with Kobe, he goes to a team that fits his style of play and has a winning record.

This deal would never happen, though, because it would mean the Lakers and Kobe admitting defeat not even halfway through the season... Nooo... knowing the the Buss brand, their going to ride this train of doom all the way to being a 9th seed by way of a 3 way tie for 7th and 8th and losing the tie breakers.

That's how this plays out.

kobebabe
01-22-2013, 05:17 PM
No way minn do such a deal! Not happening

Captain Moroni
01-22-2013, 05:19 PM
Why would minnesota give up love for lopez? Laughable

Rockice_8
01-22-2013, 05:21 PM
As a Nets fan. I hope we keep Brook. He's getting better. I think we need a better PF who can defend to keep pressure off Brook. His offensive game is the only reason why we stay afloat during bad offensive stretches. Pick and roll with Brook is hard to defend. Easier to defend with D-Will & Dwight.

Dwight should stay in LA. If he really wanted Brooklyn, he could have just signed as a FA last offseason. He's blown his chance. I like this Nets team. I think they are the second best team in the East.

Yeah Brook might not ever be Dwight but how much longer will Dwight be Dwight. He's got very little skill and when his legs go his game will too. Lopez is 24 and getting better Dwight is who he is and in 3 years when Lopez is in his prime Dwight is 30 and on the decline.

Dwight had his chance to be a Net and blew it. Has nobody to blame but himself. Nets need to focus on finding a Nene, Millsap, J-Smith type who can rebound, defend and stick a mid range jumper if left open. No those guys don't grow on trees but they are out there to be had. If they shore up the PF spot they are going to have a good chance to come out of the East.

Rockice_8
01-22-2013, 05:23 PM
The Timberwolves would be dumb enough to do that trade, the Nets are dying for Dwight and the Lakers do have a history doing lopsided trades that only favors and benefits them.

Actually they're not. As crazy as it sounds I'd much rather try for Millsap, Nene, or Smooth then Dwight. They are cheaper and fill a much bigger need.

Team*Chicago
01-22-2013, 05:32 PM
Actually they're not. As crazy as it sounds I'd much rather try for Millsap, Nene, or Smooth then Dwight. They are cheaper and fill a much bigger need.

If you were in the Lakers forum and from the New York Daily it was a rumor that they were willing to get Howard while the Lakers was in the middle of one of their losing streaks and before Howard was traded to the Lakers they tried aggressively with weak trade proposal to acquire him. It may not be what you want has a fan but it's what Jay Z and the Nets organization wants and that's Howard.

ILLUSIONIST^248
01-22-2013, 05:32 PM
Brook is a better fit for their system. Although Dwight is light years better than Lopez, Lopez fits the scheme better than Dwight. Plus Tyson would shut down Dwight, he has a harder time guarding Lopez than Dwight

The nets would rip the knicks a new one if dwight was on that team.

the brave eagle
01-22-2013, 05:34 PM
min would never do this trade

GiantsSwaGG
01-22-2013, 05:36 PM
The nets would rip the knicks a new one if dwight was on that team.

If Dwight was in that game yesterday we win. Up by one all you have to do is foul Howard and we win... He's a liability in the 4th quarter and again Tyson can defend Dwight well like he has done in the past. All in all Dwight doesn't fit the system

beliges
01-22-2013, 05:44 PM
Its almost comical how much Dwight has been exposed on the Lakers. He may be the most overrated player in the league. His trade value is still high, but I am not so sure Lakers fans would be heart broken if Dwight was traded, or even left.

ILLUSIONIST^248
01-22-2013, 05:49 PM
If Dwight was in that game yesterday we win. Up by one all you have to do is foul Howard and we win... He's a liability in the 4th quarter and again Tyson can defend Dwight well like he has done in the past. All in all Dwight doesn't fit the system

Yeah because the point differential would have still been the same:facepalm:

nycericanguy
01-22-2013, 06:02 PM

I agree, Dwight is the better center, but Brook gives NY alot of trouble with his length and he makes Tyson come out to 18-20 feet.

numba1CHANGsta
01-22-2013, 06:09 PM
Nash
Kobe
MWP
Love
Gasol

offense improves but defense gets much worse :facepalm:

bucketss
01-22-2013, 06:17 PM
Its almost comical how much Dwight has been exposed on the Lakers. He may be the most overrated player in the league. His trade value is still high, but I am not so sure Lakers fans would be heart broken if Dwight was traded, or even left.

or maybe he doesn't fit the kobe system.

bucketss
01-22-2013, 06:18 PM

dwight would decimate that undersized front court of the knicks.

GiantsSwaGG
01-22-2013, 06:46 PM
dwight would decimate that undersized front court of the knicks.

He didn't last meeting and previous games. Dwight offense is very limited which plays into the Knicks hands

GiantsSwaGG
01-22-2013, 06:47 PM
Yeah because the point differential would have still been the same:facepalm:

:facepalm: you obviously didn't get the point which I'm not surprise. So the debate stops here

Cracka2HI!
01-22-2013, 07:02 PM
As with most trade proposals involving the Lakers it looks good for them and terrible for the other 2.

JoeBlessU
01-22-2013, 07:16 PM
Ya this deal makes zero sense as a T'wolves fan. We'll stick with K Love and his broken hand over brook lopez, thanks but no thanks.

rockbottom2010
01-22-2013, 08:17 PM
love even said it himself that he wants to retire in minny

Chill_Will_24
01-22-2013, 08:29 PM
love even said it himself that he wants to retire in minny

Didin't Howard say the same about Orlando? Cannot remember.

ILLUSIONIST^248
01-22-2013, 08:56 PM
:facepalm: you obviously didn't get the point which I'm not surprise. So the debate stops here

Yeah if dwight was shooting the freethrows there would be a good chance he misses. Totally irrelevent. If they had dwight they would have been up 10-15 by that point.

RLundi
01-22-2013, 09:02 PM
Hello,everybody,the good shoping place,the new season approaching, click in.

===== famalegoods.com ====

Discount UGG Boots,

Air jordan(1-24)shoes $33,

Air max shoes (TN LTD BW 90 180) $35,

Nike/shox(R4,NZ,OZ,TL1,TL2,TL3) $33,

handbags(Coach lv fendi d&g) $35,

Tshirts (Polo ,ed hardy,lacoste) $20,

Jean(True Religion,ed hardy,coogi) $36,

Sunglasses(Oakey,coach,Gucci,Armaini) $16,

New era cap $12,

(NFL MLB NBA NHL) jerseys $25,

free shipping,

Accept credit card and (PAYPAL),

====== mineokmalls.com =====

fashion ugg boots

5991 Bailey Button Kids Chocolate UGG Boots

Count me in, where do I sign?

topdog
01-22-2013, 09:24 PM
Umm Kevin Love has repeatedly called out MIN and their FO... MIN fans are not too thrilled with him right now.

Considering MIN is also reportedly leary of paying Pekovic big money ( and we know he will command at least $12m per this offseason) this actually makes some sense for all 3 teams.

Heck if I'm the Lakers I might consider this even if Love is still hurt for a few more weeks, Love is signed for 2 more years and is the ideal PF next to Gasol at C for D'antoni.

MIN could put Brook at Center, and then trade Pekovic and get a real nice return there. But they have to get more than Brook, especially considering his injury history, you can't trade Love for Brook straight up.

all that being said, I'm not even sure that trade would make BK better anymore... Nets offense already struggles, now you want to take away their best offensive player and bring in Howard who struggles to create for himself and can't hit FT's.

If the Wolves are leery about paying Pek $12M, why would they want Lopez at max money?

kblo247
01-22-2013, 10:16 PM
They said it was made up. The nets denied it. It was manufactured y Rudolph and maybe dwight

jerellh528
01-22-2013, 10:21 PM
Love is overrated, wouldn't produce as much on the lakers.

justinnum1
01-22-2013, 10:25 PM
Love is overrated, wouldn't produce as much on the lakers.

How is dwights production?

akagiredsuns
01-22-2013, 10:33 PM

Josh Smith would have something to say about that.

NBA_Starter
01-22-2013, 10:58 PM
If I were the Lakers I'd do it and fast.

soundjunkies2
01-22-2013, 11:11 PM
If I were the Lakers I'd do it and fast.

Although he is hurt a Love and Pau combo would be nasty offensively.

tr3ymill3r
01-22-2013, 11:14 PM
Rumor does not mean trade idea. For the last time people, just because it works on 2k13 does not mean it will work in the league.

jmoney85
01-22-2013, 11:18 PM

I can't believe they still let you post on this forum with dumb non-sense like this

jmoney85
01-22-2013, 11:20 PM
and kevin love is a stat padder... doesn't play a lick of defense and is sooooo inefficient for a PF

ohreally
01-22-2013, 11:31 PM
neither Lopez or Pekovic is playing PF, and if the Wolves are having concerns about paying Pek now, they are essentially saying we will trade Love for Lopez straight up, and let Pekovic walk, which is why this is a stupid trade that should never happen. Love has been hurt, and didn't play great when he was playing this season after coming back early from a broken shooting hand, but I don't think anyone in their right mind would say Lopez is in his class if we are looking at their bodies of work as a whole. Love is a far better player when both are healthy.

Lotta Love love, but far better than Lopez? I don't know. I think Love has already played as well as he ever will and I think Brook is still underrated and still improving. I'm sure I'm in a distinct minority, but I usually am.

Wouldn't make any sense for Minny though, unless they were trading Pekovic too, which I think would just be weird. Then again, it wouldn't be the first time.

Honestly, best trade I've seen as a possibility is Brook and Brooks for Marc Gasol and Rudy Gay. I could see that making some amount of sense for both teams. Just leave Howard and the Lakers to themselves. And leave Minny to figure out just what they're going to do with Love, since he's obviously not all they need.

Still would like to see Brook develop in Brooklyn actually, since the guy still seems very likable, and it would be great if the Nets could get a Lin or Lynn that can play within a year or two.

waveycrockett
01-22-2013, 11:33 PM
If the Wolves are leery about paying Pek $12M, why would they want Lopez at max money?

Probably because Pek isnt nearly as good as Lopez.

justinnum1
01-23-2013, 12:06 AM
Read Hawkeye post about Nikola (a diehard Wolves fan) then post. He's having an average season. You lack basketball knowledge so stop posting. Maybe you'll learn something

:facepalm:

GiantsSwaGG
01-23-2013, 12:20 AM
Wow mybad looking at the wrong stats... So my apologizes claiming Nikola is having a bad season. Actually having a good season giving the fact he's missing Rubio

GiantsSwaGG
01-23-2013, 12:21 AM
LMAO

I lack basketball knowledge?... you are top 5 worst poster on this forum

if you think pekovic is having an average season then you are a ******

And you're at the top of that list hints why noone even your own fan base takes u serious!

jmoney85
01-23-2013, 12:24 AM
And you're at the top of that list hints why noone even your own fan base takes u serious!

cute comeback... really original

GiantsSwaGG
01-23-2013, 12:26 AM
cute comeback... really original

Thank you. Now go fly a kite.

jmoney85
01-23-2013, 12:28 AM
Thank you. Now go fly a kite.

even better!

GiantsSwaGG
01-23-2013, 12:31 AM
even better!

:)

DoMeFavors
01-23-2013, 12:37 AM
Why cant people give Brook the credit he deserves he is the best center in the league.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
01-23-2013, 12:45 AM
He is far from the best center in the league ... you have to be able to block and get rebounds to be in the conversation of the best center in the league .... whatever makes you feel better though man

GSRaider
01-23-2013, 12:51 AM
Love it for BK
Likes for LA
Meh about it for Minny

jmoney85
01-23-2013, 01:01 AM
He is far from the best center in the league ... you have to be able to block and get rebounds to be in the conversation of the best center in the league .... whatever makes you feel better though man

?????????????????????

do you watch basketball?

DoMeFavors
01-23-2013, 01:04 AM

He is playing 30 min a game and gets 7.5 rebounds and in 30 min he is getting over 2 blocks a game. nice try doe

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
01-23-2013, 01:26 AM
He is soft as bread its known stop praising him cause he is a net ... he can score ill give him that but he can't play d or rebound ... wonder bread .... only people who think other wise are nets fans lol

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
01-23-2013, 01:47 AM
7 boards and 2 blocks in 30 mins a game? You saying that's impressive ? Lmao

Vucevic average: 11 points 11 rebs and 1 blocks in 30 mins a game = 1.78 mill in salary this year

Lopez average: 18 points 7 rebs 2 blocks in 30 mins a game = 13.6 mill in salary this year

Lol #DoMeHomer

oak2455
01-23-2013, 01:54 AM

Vucevic average: 11 points 11 rebs and 1 blocks in 30 mins a game = 1.78 mill in salary this year

Lopez average: 18 points 7 rebs 2 blocks in 30 mins a game = 13.6 mill in salary this year

Lol #DoMeHomer

Wow that's kinda funny.......:eyebrow:

GiantsSwaGG
01-23-2013, 02:06 AM

Lol #DoMeHomer #jNoMoney85

Lol had to fix that for ya

Chill_Will_24
01-23-2013, 02:23 AM
This is ridiculous.

Let's be clear on something. Just because Love is the better player does not mean Lopez is a scrub. The guy is having his best season at age 24 and his strides defensively are a huge reason why the Nets are the hottest team in the league right now (9-1 last 10). Lopez is a legitimate all star and after clowning Chandler last night should be the reserve.

This BTW coming from one of Lopez's biggest critics.

I do prefer Howard because i think he is dogging it to be honest and i think with a better system he will get back to his old self or close to it.

That said i feel Lopez deserves to be in Brooklyn. He survived an overhaul of the roster, a 12-70 season, trade rumors galore for 2 years straight, never missing a game his first 3 years and staying loyal and never complaining all the while being a great kid with a wonderful outlook on life. He does not feel entitled. He simply wants to be here. Now after all that losing he is finally surrounded by actual NBA players and is part of a winning team.

After all the Nets have put him through, it would actually be bitter sweet to see him traded for Howard after all. He deserves to be and win with the Nets and have a part in their success. Not go to another losing situation in Minnesota. Speaking of which, given their recent fortunes he would probably break his foot again as soon as he stepped off the plane in Minnesota.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
01-23-2013, 09:42 AM
Chill will I don't mean no dis respect to you ... you are a cool easy going dude to talk to on here and don't give your nets fan base a bad name .... I do like Lopez its just when idiots come on here and have diarrhea of the mouth like domefavors and jmoney it gets old ...

HowFit
01-23-2013, 10:19 AM

Lol #DoMeHomer

Geez whiz...

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-23-2013, 10:22 AM
Dwightmare is back! :facepalm:

Muttman73
01-23-2013, 10:41 AM
Why would Minnesota do this? Sounds like another NETS fan - fantasy.

D-Block21-Chito
01-23-2013, 11:23 AM

Lol #DoMeHomer

So Asik is better than lopez now because he averages 10 rebounds a game? Your an idiot

joeboow90
01-23-2013, 11:29 AM

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Lmfaooooooo Lopez can be the banger that Love isn't??????? O my goodness that's one of the funniest comments I've ever heard. Lopez is a better rebounder then Kevin Love? Is that wat you're telling us? WOW you don't know ***** about basketball. Don't ever comment on the nba ever again Skip bayless knows more basketball then you

ThaDubs
01-23-2013, 11:30 AM
He is soft as bread its known stop praising him cause he is a net ... he can score ill give him that but he can't play d or rebound ... wonder bread .... only people who think other wise are nets fans lol

He's averaging over 2 BPG, how the **** is that bad defense?
He's the best center in the league... look at that 25 PER.

nycericanguy
01-23-2013, 11:56 AM
He's averaging over 2 BPG, how the **** is that bad defense?
He's the best center in the league... look at that 25 PER.

He's been better on defense this year, I think being on such a complete team and some stability for once has helped him.

But just because he blocks 2 shots per game doesn't mean he's a good defender, Amare has always averaged around 2bpg and he's far from a good defender. When you're 7'0 with long arms it would be almost impossible NOT to get 2-3bpg if you play 30mpg.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
01-23-2013, 12:01 PM
I never said Lopez was bad and I'm not saying vucevic is better nor did I say asik is better ... I'm saying for the little difference in there average the nets are paying 12 mill more a year and its not worth that lol ... lopez is not the best center in the game hehas the best scoring of the centers prob but as far as being a true center and doing what a center is supposed to do clog the paint block whatever come in your paint, make people think twice about driving in on you and altering peoples shot ... he can score 25 points that's cool but it doesn't make him the best center at all if he was scoring 25 and pulling down 15 rebs per game then you have a point ....

He isn't a center that teams have to alter there shot selection cause they fear his presence like a Dwight or bynum when healthy ... he isn't a bruiser he is soft but he can score but so can every other NBA player

PDT4LIFE
01-23-2013, 12:07 PM
With all these fantasy scenarios out there, I'd like to send Bynum to Minny for Kevin Love. Stipulation to the trade is Bynum does not have to go thru a Physical...

Badluck33
01-23-2013, 12:31 PM
What is the trade value of Dwight Howard???

VikesTwinsWolve
01-23-2013, 01:59 PM
Hell no from minnesota!!!! Keep dreaming PSD.....

ee
01-23-2013, 02:46 PM
I never said Lopez was bad and I'm not saying vucevic is better nor did I say asik is better ... I'm saying for the little difference in there average the nets are paying 12 mill more a year and its not worth that lol ... lopez is not the best center in the game hehas the best scoring of the centers prob but as far as being a true center and doing what a center is supposed to do clog the paint block whatever come in your paint, make people think twice about driving in on you and altering peoples shot ... he can score 25 points that's cool but it doesn't make him the best center at all if he was scoring 25 and pulling down 15 rebs per game then you have a point ....

He isn't a center that teams have to alter there shot selection cause they fear his presence like a Dwight or bynum when healthy ... he isn't a bruiser he is soft but he can score but so can every other NBA playernets defensive issue is actually coming from the PF position.....Lopez improved as far as being a presence and altering shots....He's actually made quite a few defensive plays in clutch....I think you're still living in the past.....Not saying he's the best center but Nets are 23-11 with lopez and 2-5 without....

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
01-23-2013, 03:03 PM
Like I said he isn't bad, he is a great player and has a long future ahead of him and he of course makes the nets better ... I like him I am just saying he isn't the best center in the game ... I'm not saying he is garbage I'm not saying he isn't valuable I'm just saying that pple saying he is the best center are being homers and putting him on a pedestal

Chill_Will_24
01-23-2013, 04:22 PM
The Nets defensive woes come from the fact that Humphries and Evans are their PF rotation. Let that sink in. Those 2 players combined have the the same IQ of a drunk alpaca. They always lose their man or fail to stay in front of their man and Lopez always has to cover up for the deficiencies (that all famous JSmoove dunk ppl keep bringing up was a result of Evans being so terrible and Lopez trying to run back to make the defensive play).

There is one word to describe Brook Lopez; consistency. The guy has been our most productive and consistent player all season and the main reason we are good. As much as i criticize the guy even i have to defend him against the sheer idiotic mindless chatter i am reading here.

Hawkeye15
01-23-2013, 04:33 PM
Not go to another losing situation in Minnesota. Speaking of which, given their recent fortunes he would probably break his foot again as soon as he stepped off the plane in Minnesota.

To be fair, had the Wolves not been crushed by injuries, they are not a losing situation this season. But yes, considering the facts right now, as my team continues to move into one of the top teams for most games missed due to injury, roster wise, Lopez would indeed get hurt the nanosecond he arrived in Minneapolis.

JOhnnyTHaJet
01-23-2013, 04:35 PM
The Nets defensive woes come from the fact that Humphries and Evans are their PF rotation. Let that sink in. Those 2 players combined have the the same IQ of a drunk alpaca. They always lose their man or fail to stay in front of their man and Lopez always has to cover up for the deficiencies (that all famous JSmoove dunk ppl keep bringing up was a result of Evans being so terrible and Lopez trying to run back to make the defensive play).

There is one word to describe Brook Lopez; consistency. The guy has been our most productive and consistent player all season and the main reason we are good. As much as i criticize the guy even i have to defend him against the sheer idiotic mindless chatter i am reading here.

This.

He's absurdly underrated. I just don't get how many people are coming up with these trades that have us giving up the likes of Marshon, Brook, Hump, and picks for just Dwight. To be honest, Dwight doesn't fit well with this team and if you watch this team you'll realize so.

BabyJayMusic
01-23-2013, 04:40 PM
Would welcome a deal of Hump, Marshon, and Mirza and a future 1st for Gasol

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
01-23-2013, 05:11 PM
So I'm an idiot because I don't think brook is the best center in the NBA?

Gotcha

amos1er
01-23-2013, 05:13 PM
I would do this deal for Dwight. http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bdeanln

rockbottom2010
01-23-2013, 05:17 PM
hahaaaaaaaa.......this past summer the brooklyn nets wanted howard soo badly, and now, the nets are not interested in howard...brook lopez is shining as a net....however, if the nets were slumping, this would have happened in a second

rockbottom2010
01-23-2013, 05:18 PM
What is the trade value of Dwight Howard???

its still pretty high even though he whines like a baby

Sandman
01-23-2013, 05:22 PM
Stupid deal for Minny.

With that said, given Dwight Howard's documented *****ery, why wouldn't NJ cut out LA altogether and just swap Brooks and Love?

Sandman
01-23-2013, 05:23 PM

I read all of your posts in the Bane voice.

JOhnnyTHaJet
01-23-2013, 05:27 PM
Stupid deal for Minny.

With that said, given Dwight Howard's documented *****ery, why wouldn't NJ cut out LA altogether and just swap Brooks and Love?

NJ wouldn't do it because there's no team in NJ.

Sandman
01-23-2013, 05:30 PM
NJ wouldn't do it because there's no team in NJ.

**** that they will always be New Jersey

Chill_Will_24
01-23-2013, 06:16 PM
I read all of your posts in the Bane voice.

**** yeah :rock:

Chill_Will_24
01-23-2013, 06:17 PM
So I'm an idiot because I don't think brook is the best center in the NBA?

Gotcha

This thread is 15 pages long. I was not referring to any one person.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
01-23-2013, 06:41 PM
I'm the only one that was saying anything negative about Lopez I thought ... I only said anything cause domehomers came in saying he was the best center in the league... I'm really not being negative towards Lopez I like pez alot I just think saying he is the best center in the game is a huge stretch....

Hawkeye15
01-23-2013, 07:53 PM
Stupid deal for Minny.

still stupid for Minny. Why not pay Pekovic a bit less than Brook gets and keep Love, the better player anyways?

Chill_Will_24
01-23-2013, 08:06 PM
I'm the only one that was saying anything negative about Lopez I thought ... I only said anything cause domehomers came in saying he was the best center in the league... I'm really not being negative towards Lopez I like pez alot I just think saying he is the best center in the game is a huge stretch....

domehomers should be ignored. As should jmoney and wavey. If you have not learned this by now you deserve to be trolled.

Chill_Will_24
01-23-2013, 08:10 PM
Would Pekovic accept less? Big men get top dollar today and ATL seems to be on the market for a big man like him as might Dallas. Only one team can get Dwight. The leftovers will have to duke it out for Pekovic. Portland and Charlotte both offered Lopez a max this summer. Millions are usually thrown at big men like we throw dollar bills at strippers.

Hawkeye15
01-23-2013, 08:13 PM
Would Pekovic accept less? Big men get top dollar today and ATL seems to be on the market for a big man like him as might Dallas. Only one team can get Dwight. The leftovers will have to duke it out for Pekovic. Portland and Charlotte both offered Lopez a max this summer. Millions are usually thrown at big men like we throw dollar bills at strippers.

less than Brook was my point. I still think he gets 4 years, $45-48 million. A 16/8 center with nice efficiency, who will play even better the next couple of years when Rubio gets healthy, is going to get paid. I know he is a foreign player, so his team allegiance is more likely stronger, but he isn't taking much of a discount to stay in Minny. If a team comes out with a 4 year, $52-54 million offer, I am not sure the Wolves even bother.

Chill_Will_24
01-23-2013, 08:20 PM
less than Brook was my point. I still think he gets 4 years, $45-48 million. A 16/8 center with nice efficiency, who will play even better the next couple of years when Rubio gets healthy, is going to get paid. I know he is a foreign player, so his team allegiance is more likely stronger, but he isn't taking much of a discount to stay in Minny. If a team comes out with a 4 year, $52-54 million offer, I am not sure the Wolves even bother.

That's my point. I can see him getting a ridiculous contract. Hope Minnesota can keep him. The guy is an animal.

As far as foreign player i would not be so sure. I think while foreign player do not see the lure of bigger markets, i do not think they care either way about where they play. Their agents usually fight for every last dollar and the player just goes with it. Omer Asik being the most recent example.

They usually wanna stay with the team they are with as long as the team is willing to pay market value. Hope i am wrong though. Minnesota needs to catch a freaking break.

LongIslandIcedZ
01-23-2013, 08:28 PM
domehomers should be ignored. As should jmoney and wavey. If you have not learned this by now you deserve to be trolled.

:clap:

At this point, I dont know how much better Dwight would make the Nets than they already are. Lopez is playing excellent basketball. Yes, he isnt the worlds greatest interior defender. However, he has touch under the rim that a lot of centers would dream of. It seems like neither team is particularly fond of a Dwight for Lopez swap. Nets shouldnt be toyed with right now, and I dont think LA wants a bunch of money tied up in 2014 with Lopez.

Chill_Will_24
01-23-2013, 08:49 PM
:clap:

At this point, I dont know how much better Dwight would make the Nets than they already are. Lopez is playing excellent basketball. Yes, he isnt the worlds greatest interior defender. However, he has touch under the rim that a lot of centers would dream of. It seems like neither team is particularly fond of a Dwight for Lopez swap. Nets shouldnt be toyed with right now, and I dont think LA wants a bunch of money tied up in 2014 with Lopez.

He would improve us. No less because he would probably be re energized playing where he has wanted to all along but out interior defense is still poor as is our pick and roll defense. We are last in transition buckets and we really have no ideal targets for the PnR with Deron

Our rebounding is still suspect when Brook is out there which is why they do not do the Lopez/Blatche combo too often.

Hawkeye15
01-23-2013, 09:01 PM
That's my point. I can see him getting a ridiculous contract. Hope Minnesota can keep him. The guy is an animal.

As far as foreign player i would not be so sure. I think while foreign player do not see the lure of bigger markets, i do not think they care either way about where they play. Their agents usually fight for every last dollar and the player just goes with it. Omer Asik being the most recent example.

They usually wanna stay with the team they are with as long as the team is willing to pay market value. Hope i am wrong though. Minnesota needs to catch a freaking break.

If the Wolves make a big trade this year, Pek will be involved, signaling they didn't want to have to pay him $12 million a year.

Sandman
01-23-2013, 09:07 PM
still stupid for Minny. Why not pay Pekovic a bit less than Brook gets and keep Love, the better player anyways?

Well yeah, the deal doesn't change for Minny so its still pretty stupid.. even if they didn't have a Pekker.

Just sayin, for all the Laker Fans that use words like destiny and think the Lakers are entitled to any player they want.... if Jersey was paying any attention would they just cut LA out of the deal?

GiantsSwaGG
01-23-2013, 09:09 PM

One of the few respected net fans in this forum. With that said I hate u lol

GiantsSwaGG
01-23-2013, 09:10 PM
Nikola would be stupid to leave Minny but then again money talks!

Chill_Will_24
01-23-2013, 10:09 PM
One of the few respected net fans in this forum. With that said I hate u lol

We are supposed to hate each other. Tis the way of the new NY rivalry.

ohreally
01-23-2013, 11:51 PM

Lol #DoMeHomer

I have to assume that even you realize that this is an absurd comparison. Considerably better scoring, over twice as many blocks, and very close in offensive rebounds. If you're going to start comparing rookie contracts to a productive player's re-up you can find similar comparisons for anyone.

A skilled offensive center is a very nice piece to have, and Brook does not exactly s--- in other aspects of the game. Best and rankings are foolish, but on balance Brook has to be considered among the best. I just don't see that, this year anyway, there is a legitimate all-around case to argue different. You can argue Rick Mahorn--oops, Dwight--is hurting, but he's certainly not helping his team, so this year counts like the two years everybody judges Brook on count. The guy is good, and deserves more than back-handed compliments.

BullsFTW
01-24-2013, 12:07 AM
Why on earth would Minny help the Lakers? I'm tired of LA handpicking who they want. They wanted Dwight and they got him. Deal with it.

Young2Kinsler
01-24-2013, 01:21 AM
OP should be banned for posting such nonsensical ********