PDA

View Full Version : What should the Lakers do now?

JasonJohnHorn
01-22-2013, 12:12 PM
The Lakers now officially sit 7 games below .500 and their next three games are against the Grizzlies, the Jazz and the Thunder (the last two at home). I think it is fair to assume that the games against Memphis and OKC are going to be loses, and hopeful thinking would suggest that perhaps the Lakers can beat the Jazz. After that stretch they will likely be 8 games under .500.

So what is the answer? Mike Brown was fired for being 3 games under .500, but 'Antoni's record is 7 games under .500 (though 'Antoni has a higher winning percentage than did Brown).

We all know that Brown was fired prematurely. But hiring 'Antoni hasn't helped much. Many were suggesting that when Nash got back, 'Antoni's system would start working, but it hasn't.

Kobe Bryant is currently 4th in the league in minutes per game, and third in the league in total minutes played. He's playing well, but dumping this many minutes on any player is a bad idea, much less one that is deep into his 30's. Gasol has been playing hurt, Hill is out for he season, Dwight is not as involved in the offence as he should be, or as much as he wants to be and the team sucks on defense.

so what is to be done.

One option: sit tight. This teams is talented and the ship will right its course.
Option two? Fire 'Antoni. Even if it means Bickerstaff serves as the head coach until the end of the season, 'Antoni is clearly not getting the job done.

Option three: Trade Pau. If LAL is going to stick with 'Antoni, they need to move Pau. 'Antoni has alienated Pau from his first game, and clearly does not know how to use him (though not being able to maximize a player as talented as Pau suggests to me the flaw of the coaching).

Option four: Trade Howard. Magic Johnson has recently suggested that Mark Cuban make a move for Howard, but frankly, what does Dallas have that would be appealing to LAL? Brand+Kaman+Marion? I dunno.... that might give LAL the depth they are sorely lacking right now, but Dallas wouldn't be any better and neither would LAL in the long run. A trade with BK seems like the best option. Lopez+Humpries (not sure if the salaries work). Howard wants to be in BK, the BK players are now eligible to be traded, and getting Lopez and Humphries back would give you a nice combo in the front court. Humphries can rebounds, Lopez can score.

I'm thinking something needs to be done now. If the Lakers wait much longer, they will not be able to come back. The trade deadline is Feb. 21st. From now until then LAL is playing:

Memphis-R (L)
Utah-H (L)
OKC-H (L)
NO-H (W)
PHO-R (W)
MIN- R (W)
DET-R (W)
BK-R (L)
BOS-R (L)
CHA-R (W)
MIA-R (L)
PHO-H (W)
LAC-R/H (L)
BOS- H (L)

I put "R" next to road games and "H" next to home games and in brackets what is fair to expect in terms of wins and loses. Essentially, their schedule they have, they should be able to play about .500 ball during that period (I think that is generous considering they just lost to Toronto). I actually have them finishing 6-8 for that period, which would put them 9 games below .500 The game against Boston is on the 20th, the last game before the trade deadline. If the Lakers wait that long, they will be between 6-9 games under .500, meaning, just to get to .500 they would have to go on a 6-9 game winning streak at that point.

Something needs to be done now before the Lakers' record gets any worse than it already is.

What do you think should be done?

I think both trading Howard and firing 'Antoni would be a good idea at this point. Howard is likely going to bolt in free agency considering how this season is going, and 'Antoni is not getting the job done. It's best to move forward on both instances. Get what you can for Howard rather than risking losing him for nothing in free agency, and bring in a coach who knows how to get this team together defensively and offensively.

sep11ie
01-22-2013, 12:20 PM
Dude, LAKERS FORUM.

JasonJohnHorn
01-22-2013, 12:26 PM
Dude, LAKERS FORUM.

I want to know what fans of the game think about this, not what the Lakers homers think.

BGeer091
01-22-2013, 12:27 PM
I don't watch enough Lakers games to really say. However from the highlights etc, they need to play D. I would probably trade Gasol, and Metta if it was possible. Acquire some legit knock down shooters. I think with some knock down shooters it opens up the pick and roll more. Again I could be way of because I don't see alot of there games.

bigsams50
01-22-2013, 12:27 PM
If they plan to keep D'Antoni, then they have to move Gasol imo. Try to get some pieces that fit his system.

sep11ie
01-22-2013, 12:31 PM
I want to know what fans of the game think about this, not what the Lakers homers think.

We don't care about them and are glad they look like ****.

Pierzynski4Prez
01-22-2013, 12:36 PM

This. And I voted to fire D'Antoni.

GiantsSwaGG
01-22-2013, 12:39 PM
Fire Mike
Trade Kobe for picks
Trade Dwight for picks
Overhaul the team and rebuild

Twinsfan24
01-22-2013, 12:39 PM

This. No one cares(except Lakers fans.) Espn seems to think we all care but we don't lol.

HowFit
01-22-2013, 12:48 PM
Fire Mike
Trade Kobe for picks
Trade Dwight for picks
Overhaul the team and rebuild

Lol, I can't imagine if they really did do this...

Might as well trade Paul too...

sep11ie
01-22-2013, 12:48 PM
C'mon JJH, you have been here long enough to know how PSD works.

ThaDubs
01-22-2013, 12:53 PM
Every time I go on PSD I see a new variation of this thread...

sep11ie
01-22-2013, 01:07 PM
Usually started by the same OP.

justinnum1
01-22-2013, 01:23 PM
stephen a just said a few things.

-Jim buss does not like PJ because PJ dates his sister lmao!
-jerry bud health is pretty bad.
-lakers are ****ed.

ManRam
01-22-2013, 01:25 PM
Although this is an issue that has been beaten to a pulp...

A new coach isn't going to magically turn things around quick enough.

A new coach isn't going to make Kobe and Pau magically care about defense. A new coach isn't gonna make Dwight's back 100%. A new coach isn't suddenly going to stop Dwight's turnover and FT problems. A new coach isn't going to get Nash to prevent someone - anyone - from running right by him. A new coach isn't going to get Jordan Hill back on the court...a new coach isn't making that bench magically decent. A new coach isn't going to get Kobe's FG% back up near 50%...nor is he going to get away with not running him to the point of exhaustion (Kobe won't ever want to sit).

Unless it's Phil or maybe SVG...I think there are problems that aren't going to be completely corrected by coaching.

Maybe a new coach gets some sort of common purpose to develop on this team. I don't think selfishness and egos really are the problem, I just think there's no tangible plan, purpose or motivation. Everyone is doing their own thing.

If they make a trade, it should be Pau. Dwight MAY walk after this season, but it's worth the risk not to give up on him. He can be the cornerstone of this franchise for a long time.

Gators123
01-22-2013, 01:26 PM
Why do we talk about this lottery team so much? ;)

sep11ie
01-22-2013, 01:33 PM
Cause this lottery team won't even get its lotto pick...

BALLER R
01-22-2013, 01:41 PM
Break it up. They ****ed up the moment they got D'Antoni

Baller1
01-22-2013, 01:42 PM
Cause this lottery team won't even get its lotto pick...

Makes me so happy.

Teeboy1487
01-22-2013, 01:43 PM
As a Lakers fanatic, it's time to start over. This team simply do not fit together at all and they were put together 5 years too late. Nash has declined, Kobe is declining by the day, Pau is always a mystery.

To top it off, Howard is not playing at the level he once played at in Orlando. It's unreal, a healthy Bynum last year was better for us. Add that to his bad attitude and his lack of fundamentals offensively, I say trade him now before he walks. I say try to trade him for some young pieces. Picks in an upcoming weak draft will not help us. The Lakers need to get younger.

I would trade Gasol too for roster depth. The Lakers have to be the worst shooting team in the league. They need some shooting. I love Metta but I would trade him too while he has some value. I'm truly embarrassed how 4 future hall of famers on one team are playing at the level of a lottery team. I'm truly disgusted by this team.

Matrix3132
01-22-2013, 02:01 PM
As a Lakers fanatic, it's time to start over. This team simply do not fit together at all and they were put together 5 years too late. Nash has declined, Kobe is declining by the day, Pau is always a mystery.

To top it off, Howard is not playing at the level he once played at in Orlando. It's unreal, a healthy Bynum last year was better for us. Add that to his bad attitude and his lack of fundamentals offensively, I say trade him now before he walks. I say try to trade him for some young pieces. Picks in an upcoming weak draft will not help us. The Lakers need to get younger.

I would trade Gasol too for roster depth. The Lakers have to be the worst shooting team in the league. They need some shooting. I love Metta but I would trade him too while he has some value. I'm truly embarrassed how 4 future hall of famers on one team are playing at the level of a lottery team. I'm truly disgusted by this team.

Dwight seems like he's already on the downside of his career. Sure he can rebound but on defense he looks SLOW and on offensive as bad as his rookie year. The pressure of LA seemed to get to him from day one, his ft stroke is as bad as ever and don't tell me "his back is still healing" because back issues are more serious than they seem, who knows if he'll ever recover.

1hardcore
01-22-2013, 02:02 PM
Rebuild!

or fire D'antoni and hire Shaw

but let kobe retire as a laker

GoferKing_
01-22-2013, 02:11 PM
They sholud trade Drama Howard fo shitttty players, fire Pringles, let Kobe be the coach and the only scorer of the team, and get sone D-league players and suck FOREVER. That is how much I care for the Lakers.xD

benzni
01-22-2013, 02:14 PM
they should blow it up and start over or more realistically trade Pau

ManRam
01-22-2013, 02:15 PM
I hope those wishing Dwight gets traded get their wish.

The trajectory this franchise goes after this season hinges tremendously on Dwight. Him leaving would not be a blessing in disguise at all. Dwight hasn't been his normal self, and clearly isn't meshing with Kobe/Pau/Nash as well as we thought, but he's still as good of a franchise piece as this league has. If the Lakers give up on him this quickly, well, they'll deserve some tough years.

Luckily for them, I don't think the FO is dumb enough to give up on him yet.

Vincent33
01-22-2013, 02:15 PM
No option for "Move back to Minneapolis"?

smith&wesson
01-22-2013, 02:18 PM
Trade Howard for cousins

HesterJordan23
01-22-2013, 02:21 PM
dwight isn't playing at a high level kobe is either playing poorly because he really is slowing down or he is just frusterated with the team and think he can just take over. all surrounding players are not doing anything other then clark and nash. I watch many lakers games and even though i am a bulls fan i feel bad for the lakers organization.

thunderforce
01-22-2013, 02:23 PM
I would like to say {I hope they keep Dwight and then after the season he leaves and they get nothing for him that way they can feel what a lot of the other teams feel when they loose their best players to places like LA for next to nothing} but I wouldn't wish that on any team from the best to the worst .

Stinkyoutsider
01-22-2013, 02:25 PM
Well, I voted to move Howard but I would really like for D'Antoni to go, but I think that's impossible until the end of the season.

I think Howard knows he made a mistake going to the Lakers and will probably not stick around next year. The atmosphere around the club is the exact opposite of what he likes. He wants the guys to be friends and have each other's back but the Lakers (since it's been Kobe's team) have been 100% professional in approach. Come in, do your job, and leave. No time to bond or socialize. Just get the job done.

I think Howard should have asked to go to the Clippers if it was possible. If the $ was right, Clippers could have kept Paul and Griffin and traded some of their depth to get him. And, I think Howard with his personality would have taken a leadership role with Paul. Clippers could have traded a package centered around Jordan and made out good imo.

Teeboy1487
01-22-2013, 02:27 PM
I hope those wishing Dwight gets traded get their wish.

The trajectory this franchise goes after this season hinges tremendously on Dwight. Him leaving would not be a blessing in disguise at all. Dwight hasn't been his normal self, and clearly isn't meshing with Kobe/Pau/Nash as well as we thought, but he's still as good of a franchise piece as this league has. If the Lakers give up on him this quickly, well, they'll deserve some tough years.

Luckily for them, I don't think the FO is dumb enough to give up on him yet.

I mean, what other choice would the lakers have? At this rate, it's get something for Dwight or let him walk. Why would any player like Dwight would remain with this franchise after a year like this? Kobe/Nash/Gasol are declining by the day. The Lakers don't have any young assets to pair him with. If I was Dwight, I would walk too. It's clear he wants to win. I just don't see him staying with this team after a year like this.

Honestly, the years will be tough regardless. This year is tough. However, the years will be even tougher if the Lakers let Dwight walk for nothing in return. I think it would be smart to trade him now. From my perspective, I would not lose any sleep either because he has not played as advertised.

Just my opinion.

CaptainClutch
01-22-2013, 02:28 PM
Jeez Orlando must be laughing right now

king4day
01-22-2013, 02:38 PM
If Howard has a bad defensive game, can we call him Howar? D'Antoni isn't the reason the defense sucks. It was bad before he got there. It's easy to make him the scapegoat since his rep is bad defense.

I think they need to seriously look into trading Howard before he leaves for nothing.

gotoHcarolina52
01-22-2013, 02:40 PM
Kevin Ding (Orange County Register):

Despite Kobe Bryant shooting at a career-high level, Howard has mocked Bryant's shooting stats behind his back when he hasn't shot well, leaving Lakers teammates feeling awfully uncomfortable.
http://www.ocregister.com/sports/howard-408753-lakers-team.html

Baller1
01-22-2013, 02:43 PM
Trade Howard for cousins

This. Dwight would look good in Green and Gold.

abe_froman
01-22-2013, 02:44 PM
push jimmy out and let jeannie run the whole thing,she hires phil back and that will solve alot

camador22
01-22-2013, 02:45 PM
I think Kobe's selfishness has been a big part of the problem. Gasol doesn't fit in the system but he has no trade value. It's too late to get a new coach to see if this will work. When it's all said and done Howard will end up leaving so its best to trade him now.

Im_in_Mia_bish
01-22-2013, 02:46 PM
all this laker news is starting to get annoying, i can finally see why some fans got all emotional over the heat being in everyday news in 2010.

torocan
01-22-2013, 03:26 PM
Honestly the choices are limited.

Personally, I think Dwight/Kobe and Nash CAN work in a D'Antoni offense, but they need perimeter shooters and more bench depth. In this scenario Pau is the odd man out.

IF you fire D'Antoni, you really think PJ is going to end up as the coach? I somehow doubt it. PJ is a proud man, and so is Buss. PJ isn't coming any time soon, which means what kind of Coach is left to get?

SVG - no way with Dwight around.
JVG - he won't come during the season, IF he'll come at all with Dwight around

Nate McMillan? Scott Skiles? See what I mean? The pickings are mighty thin when it comes to coaches.

Really, IF the Lakers want to keep Dwight, trade Pau, fill up on real perimeter shooters and some good perimeter defenders (to help Kobe), get a better back up PG, and let Nash do his thing.

Now, if you're giving up on Dwight, I don't know what the Lakers can do. There aren't a lot of cheap centers to get, let alone Teams with the assets and cap space to get Dwight given his crazy short list of Teams that he'd be willing to re-sign on.

Dallas? What's there to trade?
Houston? Maybe... Asik + filler?
Brooklyn? They're winning. I don't see them wanting Dwightmare 2.0.

Any other teams left that Dwight was willing to consider?

It's a mess and a half. I just don't see an easy way out other than trade Pau and try to make it work with what you have right now.

D-Will4Prez
01-22-2013, 03:37 PM
They never should have hired D'Antoni in the first place (I thought it was ******** when they did), they are kinda in a financial fix right now. They owe 10mil to Mike Brown and 12mil guaranteed to D'Antoni. So that's 22mil locked up in 2 coaches in one season, if they fire him and bring in another guy, they're gonna owe that guy a bunch of money as well. They're looking at 30+mil for one season just in head coaching if they fire D'Antoni. Howard's not gonna stick around after seeing the mess they are dealing with right now, so to avoid losing him for nothing, Lakers are gonna wanna trade him as well.

Bottom line, Lakers are screwed...and I love it!

spreadeagle
01-22-2013, 03:40 PM
Trade Pau n Nash for Bargnani Calderon and Kleiza

phoenix_bladen
01-22-2013, 03:44 PM
i love seeing the lakers screwed

i hope they continue to keep sucking

HouRealCoach
01-22-2013, 03:53 PM
D'Antoni, Dwight, & Nash have all had major success for consecutive years.. Kobe, Artest, & Pau have all had the ultimate success... They have young players in Meeks & Clark (who has played good)... Veterans in Jamison & Duhon

I don't see how they can be this bad

justinnum1
01-22-2013, 03:54 PM
Jim buss doesnt like Phil jackson becuase PJ is ****ing jims sister. How sad is that? lmao

Dr. Buss must be so proud of his son

HouRealCoach
01-22-2013, 03:57 PM
Denver raped in this deal though... Al Harrington (bad contract) & Afflalo for Iguodala? That is genius

LA on the other hand might miss the playoffs & lose Dwight for nothing, Bynum still hasn't played and Philly are pretty much out of it, Orlando sucks (but Vucevic is coming on good)

justinnum1
01-22-2013, 03:58 PM
Denver raped in this deal though... Al Harrington (bad contract) & Afflalo for Iguodala? That is genius

LA on the other hand might miss the playoffs & lose Dwight for nothing, Bynum still hasn't played and Philly are pretty much out of it, Orlando sucks (but Vucevic is coming on good)
orlando is doing good. They will get a good pick, they are playing hard every night and like you said, vuvecic is playing great ball.

HouRealCoach
01-22-2013, 04:07 PM
orlando is doing good. They will get a good pick, they are playing hard every night and like you said, vuvecic is playing great ball.

I agree.. But it would have been better if they weren't so capped out though

ManRam
01-22-2013, 04:32 PM

I'm really happy with how this season is going for us. We're not "winners" in that deal at all, because you never "win" when you trade a player like Dwight, but I'm still happy. Our own draft pick could end up being our best asset, and that's why I'm happy we didn't get a max player like Lopez (even though he's very solid) back in return. We can bottom out real well now.

We've been losing a lot of competitive games, and while the losing sucks and could be detrimental, losing is the best thing for our future. And at least we are being competitive against good teams. That's the best of both worlds. It's not like we're out here getting killed, but we still are racking up the wins.

I love Vucevic too. If he hits the gym this offseason and fine tunes his help defense, he should stick around for a long time.

I agree.. But it would have been better if they weren't so capped out though

We're capped out this season, which is fine, and next season. This off season we can cut Hedo and only pay him half his contract. The same for Harrington. That could be 9.5 million less against the cap. As is, we could enter the offseason with as low as ~41 million in contracts. Not great, but not bad.

However, I actually hope we don't splurge this offseason. I'd like to continue to develop talent, acquire draft picks and be fiscally responsable. I'd also love a shot at the top 5 in the draft in 2014.

I don't think we should jump at a max contract player right away...unless it's a true franchise piece like Chris Paul...but that ain't happening. I will be mad if we go after guys like Josh Smith, Al Jefferson, Andre Iguodala and the likes. I wouldn't even feel good about offering a younger player, like Bynum, Jennings or Evans a big contract.

So, essentially, I don't care that we won't have money to spend this offseason. 2014 offseason we will, and I think that's when we should look to pounce potentially.

Hellcrooner
01-22-2013, 04:49 PM
All of these are REALISTICAL pau trades ( yes at this point you can FORGET about getting an start unless it has some injury baggage ( stou) or bust/nutcase baggage ( bargnani/cousins...)
they are Trade Machine tested too.
They are all , straight trades, but three ways would include similar players.
Lakers might get a pick in some of the trades AT BEST case scenario.

New York: Amare , Straight up, they wont give up more.

Brooklyn : Joe Johnson straight up

Toronto: A) fields + bargnani
B) Calderon+ Kleiza
c) Calderon + Fields
Orlando: Turkoglu + Nelson

Atlanta: Harris+Pachuila+Korver

Charlotte: ben gordon + Diop

Washington: Ariza+Okafor

Chicago: Boozer+ Hinrich ( and im not sure they would still trade boozer , because his play lately)

Detroit: Kratsov+villanueva+Prince

Cleveland: Varejao+ Walton

Milwaukee: Drew Gooden + Monta ellis ( and im not sure they would)

Sacramento: A)Cousins +Garcia+Salmons
B) Tyreke+Garcia+Salmons

Golden State: Bogut + Landry

Dallas: Kaman+ Marion

San Antonio : jakson+Diaw+Bonner

Memphis: Randolph straight up ( saves them money cause paus contract is shorter, wont offer Gay unless they find a taker for Randolph).

Denver: Gallinari + Chandler ( and doubt they would accept)

Minessota: dw+pekovic+barea ( and i doubt they would accept)

Not Possible to do a trade / No interest from the other team
Miami/Philadelphia/Boston/Indiana/Bizarro L.A/ Phoenix/Houston/New Orleans/Portland/Oklahoma/ Utah

So, is it worht doing it?
I say Not really.

LoveMeOrHateMe
01-22-2013, 05:02 PM
Jim buss doesnt like Phil jackson becuase PJ is ****ing jims sister. How sad is that? lmao

And you believe this because Steve a smith said it? I used to like Steven a smith a lot but now he's just like ric bucher 95% of what he says is utter and complete bs

JasonJohnHorn
01-22-2013, 05:12 PM
If Howard has a bad defensive game, can we call him Howar? D'Antoni isn't the reason the defense sucks. It was bad before he got there. It's easy to make him the scapegoat since his rep is bad defense.

I think they need to seriously look into trading Howard before he leaves for nothing.

We could dall him wight Howar lol
But it doesn't seem fair snce he has 3 DPOY awards...

TheNumber37
01-22-2013, 05:14 PM
Firing the coach would make them look like they know they've made a mistake.
They really just have to play this one out. Their best option for next year is to have Kobe and Nash relax for the rest of the season (tank, get a high pick), Do their best to retain Howard in the Summer. Trade Pau Gasol and anyone else but Kobe and Nash to the highest bidder (don't forget that lottery pick) and reshape the team under a NEW and proven Coach, that can the most out of the Nash, Kobe and Howard luxury.

Larry Brown, Jeff Van Gundy, Nate McMillain, BRIAN SHAW, where art, though?
If they insist on going with Mike D, they have to give him the best supporting cast of coaches ever.

kobebabe
01-22-2013, 05:29 PM
All of the above

Hardaway Here
01-22-2013, 05:29 PM
Honestly who cares what they do. When they actually become a threat to win anything I'd care, but they aren't. So I'm going to treat them the way I do all the other sorry bottom feeder teams and ignore them. Honestly though how many of you unless your an actual fan of the team pay attention to the bottom feeder squads. Just saying

smiddy012
01-22-2013, 05:40 PM
I think you have a fire sale where the only item not for sale is DH. Then find a defensive minded coach, as their defense is comically bad.

Between Kobe/Gasol/Nash you are going to get some high picks and young talent to say the least (LA is historically great at getting the better end of trades after all). DH hasn't been getting many touches on offense, and hasn't been able to develop a rhythm. I really, really don't think him and Kobe are ever going to mesh offensively. I bet DH is thinking wth did I leave Orlando, at least that team was built around me. LA should be looking for shooters obviously, but also well-rounded players who pass well and play defense. I think PG should be priority number one in that situation. They don't need to get all-star caliber players, just a bunch of young well-rounded players with potential, they can get vets to fill in the cracks after they know what they got with the new bloods. They need to re-build around DH, everyone else is too old to re-build around.

I think you do all this after the season is over. But if you find a good deal for Gasol now you take it obviously.

All this said I don't know how Nash would react to being traded being as one of the main reasons he's in LA is cuz he's near his family.

GoferKing_
01-22-2013, 05:52 PM
Trade Howard for cousins

Trade Howard for Bargianim,Calderon, Ross, Davies. ;]

GoferKing_
01-22-2013, 05:56 PM
All of these are REALISTICAL ( yes at this point you can FORGET about getting an start unless it has some injury baggage ( stou) or bust/nutcase baggage ( bargnani/cousins...)
they are Trade Machine tested too.
They are all , straight trades, but three ways would include similar players.
Lakers might get a pick in some of the trades AT BEST case scenario.

New York: Amare , Straight up, they wont give up more.

Brooklyn : Joe Johnson straight up

Toronto: A) fields + bargnani
B) Calderon+ Kleiza
c) Calderon + Fields
Orlando: Turkoglu + Nelson

Atlanta: Harris+Pachuila+Korver

Charlotte: ben gordon + Diop

Washington: Ariza+Okafor

Chicago: Boozer+ Hinrich ( and im not sure they would still trade boozer , because his play lately)

Detroit: Kratsov+villanueva+Prince

Cleveland: Varejao+ Walton

Milwaukee: Drew Gooden + Monta ellis ( and im not sure they would)

Sacramento: A)Cousins +Garcia+Salmons
B) Tyreke+Garcia+Salmons

Golden State: Bogut + Landry

Dallas: Kaman+ Marion

San Antonio : jakson+Diaw+Bonner

Memphis: Randolph straight up ( saves them money cause paus contract is shorter, wont offer Gay unless they find a taker for Randolph).

Denver: Gallinari + Chandler ( and doubt they would accept)

Minessota: dw+pekovic+barea ( and i doubt they would accept)

Not Possible to do a trade / No interest from the other team
Miami/Philadelphia/Boston/Indiana/Bizarro L.A/ Phoenix/Houston/New Orleans/Portland/Oklahoma/ Utah

So, is it worht doing it?
I say Not really.

Dude just stop it, no one is gonna trade for him his best players until it is certian that he can be a normal person, not a diva, and regain his old form, from before his back problems. O, and Kings don't need him, we need shoters to free the paint, and are pleased with Boogie.

GoferKing_
01-22-2013, 05:59 PM
This. Dwight would look good in Green and Gold.

Dude, I'm probably become a SS fan, due the Kings relocation, so we will be seeing each other frequently soon, but dude, we (still Kings) don't need Howard, we need some shoters to free the paint. Boogie is our man, he will be better than Howard.

nimzboy
01-22-2013, 06:30 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=al9mmmy

La gets: Josh Smith, Zaza P, 1st rounder from the hawks, 2nd rounder from the hawks, 1st round pick exchange with the wolves or maybe a 2nd round pick from the wolves instead
Why La does it: They get josh smith to run on fastbreaks, plays good defense and hustles and wont take up gasols space.

Timberwolves get: Dwight
Why they do it: Love will be happy b//c the team will have a dominate front court which will work, dwight in the post and love can spread the floor.

Hawks get: Pekovic and Kirilenko
Why they do it: Thy get a very good front court with Pekovic, horford(can play the 4 now), and ak47. They will also have a decent young backcourt which will be okay next year with lou williams back/ They can become a very good team with a better pg.
or

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bdcexh8
This is basically the same trade, but now the lakers get ridnour to be a good backup and now the the wolves get a 3 point shooter to space the floor. Maybe the wolves shouldnt give up a 2nd round pick or exchange in this trade and the hawks maybe shouldnt give up a 2nd rounder.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
01-22-2013, 06:33 PM
Lol in b4 the abuse

Cracka2HI!
01-22-2013, 06:40 PM
Why aren't the Lakers getting Love too?

Teeboy1487
01-22-2013, 07:06 PM

You are right bro. Phil was the right coach for all these personalities. It's a shame the Lakers organization wanted to rely on a 39 year old PG than a prime Dwight. I hate when these owners put their foolish pride in front of the team.

nimzboy
01-22-2013, 07:12 PM
Lol in b4 the abuse

Can you explain why the trade is bad

SeekTheTruth
01-22-2013, 07:42 PM
as for the lakers who cares there isnt much they can do now, its a major longshot for them to make the playoffs and even if they do , they will be cannon fodder for OKC

ManRam
01-22-2013, 07:45 PM
Minnesota would never trade for Dwight. Dwight would NEVER commit to playing there. That's the main flaw, among others.

Never gonna happen.

Hellcrooner
01-22-2013, 07:49 PM
Dude just stop it, no one is gonna trade for him his best players until it is certian that he can be a normal person, not a diva, and regain his old form, from before his back problems. O, and Kings don't need him, we need shoters to free the paint, and are pleased with Boogie.

lol, someone doesnt realize there are GASOL trades, and that there isnt a single one of them were the best player of the team is included, in some cases not even the second and third best plaeyrs are included.

richiesaurus310
01-22-2013, 08:08 PM
Trade Dwight to Atlanta. Dwight is from there and hes good friends with josh shmith. Perhaps the lakers could get al horford in return?
Dwight
Metta
Jamison

For
Horford
Devin Harris
Morrow

b-ballistic
01-22-2013, 08:27 PM
Trade Dwight to Atlanta. Dwight is from there and hes good friends with josh shmith. Perhaps the lakers could get al horford in return?
Dwight
Metta
Jamison

For
Horford
Devin Harris
Morrow

Yeah, and Dwight reminds me a lot of Kevin Willis. Remember him?

Chill_Will_24
01-22-2013, 08:34 PM
Lopez will never go to the Lakers. Kobe would hate playing with him. The personalities may be tailor suited for one another off the court but on the court Kobe would flip out at Brook every time he got blocked or stripped by a guard or forced up a ridiculous shot.

Kobe would give him the death stare faster than he gave it to Brown

RLundi
01-22-2013, 08:59 PM
Who cares, they suck.

God, it feels good to say that.

beasted86
01-23-2013, 01:31 AM
Their next 3 games are against Memphis, Utah, and OKC.

If they lose all 3 something major will happen, either D'Anthoni fired, or a major trade.

OceanSpray
01-23-2013, 02:46 AM
What should Lakers do? Wait it out after this season and find a player who Kobe can work with. Howard is clearly gone if LAL don't win this year. It's a tragedy that such great players are stuck on a team with one of them being a complete ballhogger and refusing to play team basketball. This team could do great things if they all cared about team success; not individual.

popo85
01-23-2013, 02:59 AM
Trade everyone minus Clark!

DumDum
01-23-2013, 03:12 AM
Curl up and die

strokeman
01-23-2013, 03:41 AM
replace Jim Buss and Fire Mike 'Antoni!
i like the idea of leaving the D of his last name as well, the guy is a joke, he will never coach in the NBA again.
i think Kobe has finally spoke out about the stupid system, take his teammates (pau and D12) side over his man crush he had on Mike (no- D) 'Antoni.
slow the game down, the team is too slow to run and gun, get the ball inside to your bigs allow them to draw the double-team and kick it out.

better yet, Mike (no- D) 'Antoni should just sit back, collect your overpaid check and allow Bernie Bickerstaff to coach the team until the season ends and they can get Brian Shaw as HC with Phil in the FO.:)

Firefistus
01-23-2013, 03:59 AM
lol, someone doesnt realize there are GASOL trades, and that there isnt a single one of them were the best player of the team is included, in some cases not even the second and third best plaeyrs are included.

Bargnani must be the worse player on the team then? Oh and lets throw ANOTHER player on top of that because the person that apparently ISN'T the best player on the team isn't enough, oh that's right, the money doesn't work. Why is that? Because the Lakers are the only team in the NBA that doesn't care about salary. Why is it hard to find a trade deal for a Lakers Star? Because they are paid too much. Who's going to trade 2 great players off their roster, usually some of the best players on their team for a player who is upset, has sore knees, and no furture to build upon? That being said, he might play better with Melo than Kobe. I like the Knicks trade, that actually might be better for both teams.

Hellcrooner
01-23-2013, 04:30 AM
Bargnani must be the worse player on the team then? Oh and lets throw ANOTHER player on top of that because the person that apparently ISN'T the best player on the team isn't enough, oh that's right, the money doesn't work. Why is that? Because the Lakers are the only team in the NBA that doesn't care about salary. Why is it hard to find a trade deal for a Lakers Star? Because they are paid too much. Who's going to trade 2 great players off their roster, usually some of the best players on their team for a player who is upset, has sore knees, and no furture to build upon? That being said, he might play better with Melo than Kobe. I like the Knicks trade, that actually might be better for both teams.

lol, actually why dont you go to the raptors forum and ask them who the best player of the team is, and who they actually want to dump at the first chance they have.

NBA-GMaster
01-23-2013, 04:30 AM
Trade Dwight and Pau for multiple 1st rd picks, TPE and superstar SF.. then sign Jefferson and Millsap next season..

ThaDubs
01-23-2013, 11:34 AM
Curl up and die

I was kinda thinking this too. Just get rid of them.
They suck almost as bad as their fans at this point.

Cubbiefan8
01-23-2013, 12:30 PM
They need a new coach period. They will never get to the NBA finals with Coach D

GoferKing_
01-23-2013, 12:36 PM
Trade Dwight and Pau for multiple 1st rd picks, TPE and superstar SF.. then sign Jefferson and Millsap next season..

Yes, I can see all teams throwing draft picks for old shieeeeet and a diva. Good luck, then again, let them suuuuuuck.xD

sep11ie
01-23-2013, 12:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUS4papO-Ec

Hellcrooner
01-23-2013, 12:58 PM
where do we go, where do we go now , where do we gooooo
where do we go , where do we go no where do we go nowwwwww uh ah ah ah ah ah ah ha
wherre do we go , where do we go nooooooooo w .

FOBolous
01-23-2013, 01:03 PM
Trade Howard. unless the Kobe and Howard magically got along overnight and the Lakers completely revamp their offense just for Howard, they're kidding themselves if they think Howard will stay after this season. Trade him. Trading him will solve their chemistry issue AND make their team deeper. The Lakers' depth is pathetic right now.

NYKnickFanatic
01-23-2013, 01:05 PM
They need to fire D'Antoni, trade Dwight for some picks, same with Gasol and start rebuilding, IMO!

When Kobe comes off the books, sign some key free agents.

lakersfan01
01-23-2013, 01:05 PM
Where's the option to amnesty the cancer that will make $30 million next season???

Trade Dwight and Gasol, along with any overpaid bum we can unload with them for young athletic players and 1st round picks. Then amnesty Kobeme this summer and start rebuilding now instead of wasting another year and a half on this trash geriatric roster.

justinnum1
01-23-2013, 01:08 PM
Mitch needs to start being blamed too. His name is on this also.

Chronz
01-23-2013, 04:23 PM
Hire Al Gentry