PDA

View Full Version : Pau Gasol

rockbottom2010
01-22-2013, 02:39 AM
Mike D'Antoni has made Pau Gasol into a role player. Pau Gasol was never known to be role player. Craig Sager from Inside The NBA said that it's possible that Pau Gasol won't be wearing the purple and gold after the trade deadline.

Any Feedback?

Lakers4ItAll
01-22-2013, 02:55 AM
as a Laker fan I hope the Lakers trade him for some young athletic players. He's being wasted right now by our dumb coach.

Baller1
01-22-2013, 02:59 AM
He's gone.

DumDum
01-22-2013, 03:02 AM
#freepau 2013

Tmath
01-22-2013, 03:05 AM
Howards more of a problem then Pau imo.

justinnum1
01-22-2013, 03:06 AM

+1

rockbottom2010
01-22-2013, 03:11 AM

+2

Zefflin
01-22-2013, 03:15 AM
+2

Byebye pau

Chacarron
01-22-2013, 03:18 AM
Unfortunately no, D'Antoni's system does not fit Pau and Buss Jr. is too proud and stubborn to get rid of Pringles, whom he hired, before accepting his mistakes. The players are not being utilized properly, but Pau will be the scapegoat at the end.

murphturph
01-22-2013, 03:27 AM
Pau for Barg :)

murphturph
01-22-2013, 03:28 AM

+3

TopsyTurvy
01-22-2013, 03:36 AM
Pau will be dealt and succeed elsewhere while the Lakers try and clean up that mess.

I expect a bad contract coming back with the idea to clear the front court for Dwight and focus on rebuilding around him. It's ugly and I agree with everyone believing Dwight is the problem, but it's all the Lakers have got at this point.

The longer the Lakers wait on dealing Gasol, the worse deals become.

Tmath
01-22-2013, 03:37 AM
For Howard to be affective, he needs the ball a lot and lots of shooters around him. Lakers don't have enough shooters and they have two ball dominant wings in Nash & Kobe. There just isn't enough ball to go around, and then you add Pau into the mix...

LakersMaster24
01-22-2013, 03:44 AM
Pau still has all the skills and ability to be effective.

rockbottom2010
01-22-2013, 03:48 AM
the lakers should get bynum back...he'll be healthy after the trade deadline....however his hair.....man....no comment

shep33
01-22-2013, 03:54 AM
I agree with D'antoni about having both guys out there at the same time, it won't work, it never has really worked, even with Phil.

We have two of the best centers in the NBA on our team, which is a weird combo.

Also I agree, Howard hasn't lived up to expectations, I dunno if he's still hurt or what, but he isn't a top 5 center this year. Bynum last year >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Howard this year.

--23--
01-22-2013, 03:58 AM
They should have been moved him when his stock was a little high, now his stock is low and I'm sure many teams are not gonna give up a lot of assets for a guy that looks like his declining fast.

+4

shep33
01-22-2013, 03:59 AM
Just to add, it's just flat out weird in Lakerland right now. Kobe and Pau get the brunt of the blame, which is to be expected, but some onus needs to go on Dwight and Nash. Seems like those two can get away with murder and walk out okay, while Kobe and Pau get trashed by the media. Those two have disappointed imo. Like I mentioned before, Dwight has not been a top 5 player... heck not even a top 5 center this year.

KingPosey
01-22-2013, 04:02 AM
**** it, im not gonna be a Sonics fan, rape Sacramento for Pau.

shep33
01-22-2013, 04:04 AM
**** it, im not gonna be a Sonics fan, rape Sacramento for Pau.

Lol, this is an awesome post right here.

majmarcus
01-22-2013, 04:06 AM
I'm trippin on how much the tide has turned in terms of Howard. 99% of Later nation COULD'T WAIT for Howard to wear p&g. He's the answer... DH >>>Bynum easily. Number one big man in the game hands down. Before the season even started, everyone was picking the Lakers to compete with Okc for the west. Smh... But because things aren't working out. Let's ride on Buss and Mitch EVEN THOUGH we were all on their nutz after Jim did something none thought he'd ever do...part with Bynum. Lakers fans has got to be some of the worst most fickle fans in modern day sports. Blame/ScapegOat city when the losses are piling up. But when winning, we can't boast enough. I think the Miami Heat has room for anyone else who's looking to jump off this sinking boat...

Hellcrooner
01-22-2013, 04:10 AM
Unfortunately no, D'Antoni's system does not fit Pau and Buss Jr. is too proud and stubborn to get rid of Pringles, whom he hired, before accepting his mistakes. The players are not being utilized properly, but Pau will be the scapegoat at the end.

the problem is , if you sell the goat, theres no more scaping!!!!!

Is jim buss ready for the lakers having no scapegoat?
im not sure bout that.

MickeyMgl
01-22-2013, 04:49 AM
This is a trade they won't win. They're doing it for all the wrong reasons. Most everybody knows D'Antoni is the Lakers' biggest problem, and anybody who understands the game realizes he's been totally misusing Gasol. Magic knows it. Kobe knows it. A slew of media talking heads know it. Heck, even Jim Buss seemed to indicate that he knows it. Only D'Antoni and a lot of misguided fans don't know it.

Having said all that, I'm pretty sure it'll happen. They'll trade him for about 25 cents on the dollar, and they'll compound their problems beyond this year, because they'll still have D'Antoni as coach, and they'll be a lot less talented.

MickeyMgl
01-22-2013, 04:53 AM

:up:

MickeyMgl
01-22-2013, 04:56 AM
I agree with D'antoni about having both guys out there at the same time, it won't work, it never has really worked, even with Phil.

Define what it is that hasn't worked. Two players who operate in the paint? Two 7-footers?

HowFit
01-22-2013, 05:24 AM

This for sure...

HowFit
01-22-2013, 05:28 AM
This is a trade they won't win. They're doing it for all the wrong reasons. Most everybody knows D'Antoni is the Lakers' biggest problem, and anybody who understands the game realizes he's been totally misusing Gasol. Magic knows it. Kobe knows it. A slew of media talking heads know it. Heck, even Jim Buss seemed to indicate that he knows it. Only D'Antoni and a lot of misguided fans don't know it.

Having said all that, I'm pretty sure it'll happen. They'll trade him for about 25 cents on the dollar, and they'll compound their problems beyond this year, because they'll still have D'Antoni as coach, and they'll be a lot less talented.

I agree...

Mcdoh
01-22-2013, 05:55 AM
he's gone.. as much as i think its still the MDA fault.. they will make pau the scapegoat..

b-ballistic
01-22-2013, 06:19 AM
minnesota

b-ballistic
01-22-2013, 06:20 AM
Define what it is that hasn't worked. Two players who operate in the paint? Two 7-footers?

doggin' it on defense

rockbottom2010
01-22-2013, 06:31 AM
definitely this will be a hot topic till trade deadline...if not, definitely during the offseason

AlexanderPearce
01-22-2013, 06:51 AM
This is too funny for the rest of the league. The only thing worse than keeping your coach is totally falling apart and having to fire two coaches before the trade deadline. Got too greedy and it kicked you in the face! Good luck with those salaries. Nobody wants to help you out. OKC and Miami must be laughing the most at you. What a joke!

NYKnickFanatic
01-22-2013, 10:02 AM
Amare for Gasol.

deaner
01-22-2013, 10:11 AM
With Kobe's shooting percentages the way they are... They need 3 rebounders in the paint not one. I disagree that Howard needs 10ft of space to be effective. I don't buy into Dantoni's system with the pieces he has.

Jarvo
01-22-2013, 10:27 AM
The Lakers never should've got Dwight in the 1st place and hired D'antoni.

Jarvo
01-22-2013, 10:28 AM
Amare for Gasol.

No.

flclfanman
01-22-2013, 11:46 AM
Only Mike ****ing D'antoni can misuse a player of Pau's Caliber. This guy's system didn't work in NY and it won't work in LA.

Unfrotunately, it looks like the damage is done and Pau probably wants out. Just don't expected multiple 1sts for him.

flclfanman
01-22-2013, 11:46 AM
The Lakers never should've got Dwight in the 1st place and hired D'antoni.

+1

JasonJohnHorn
01-22-2013, 12:53 PM

+5

Yeah...I gotta go with 'Antoni being the biggest problem. I mean, he comes in and all of a sudden three of his 4 HOFers are playing worse than they have in years.

Howard is putting up his lowest numbers since he was 21 years old... his worse numbers in 6 years!
Gasol is having the worst season of his career!
Nash is posting his lowest points total in 12 seasons, and his lowest assist totals in 10 seasons!
And Jamison, like Gasol, is having his worst season EVER!

Now, I did expect that Nash's numbers would come down considering his age, as well as Pau's, considering that Dwight would take some of the offense from Pau, and yes, I expect Jamison to step down a little as well, but I also expect that he would be in the running for 6th man of the year, not posting the worst numbers of his career! Not all of this in on 'Antoni. I mean, Nash has been injured, as has Pau, but seriously? This is just awful.

Howard will likely leave LAL in the offseason if they don't trade him. I think they need to move him and be sure that they can get something back in return.

Pau may end up not being traded, but I don't think it will be from a lack of trying. I don't think anybody wants to take on Pau's contract (he's making 20 mil next year), and given his level of play, I don't think anybody sees him as a piece that will make them a contender outside of NY, and I think the only guy they'd be willing to give up is Amare, and I'm not sure that LAL wants to take Amare back in a trade.

I votes yes, that Pau would be traded, but it may not happen just because LAL won't be getting back anything that would make them better or younger.

ThaDubs
01-22-2013, 01:02 PM
Amare for Gasol.

Amare isn't worth it.

rapjuicer06
01-22-2013, 03:19 PM
Lakers need to trade Pau for bench pieces. They have more than plenty of fire power in the starting line up. What they need is players to come off the bench. That's what happens when you have an old team.

Orlando has a bunch of pieces they could ship to the Lakers to give them a bench. Nelson/Harrington/Redick/Davis/Afflalo...throw in another team who could use Gasol, the Hawks. Gasol play the C spot, Horford to PF, then send Smith to Orlando for a big expiring they want. Just a suggestion :D

sep11ie
01-22-2013, 03:46 PM
+6, 7, 8 and 9

Chronz
01-22-2013, 04:02 PM
What if Pau sucks wherever hes traded? What then?

Hellcrooner
01-22-2013, 04:04 PM
What if Pau sucks wherever hes traded? What then?

that will deppend where he is traded.

If he is traded to say the bobcats or the magic whe will suck because he simply will put 0 effort and be uniterested.

Put him in a contender playing CENTER and then lakers will eat some crow.

DanG
01-22-2013, 04:37 PM
Fire D'Antoni, keep Pau.

Bring back Bernie!

Hellcrooner
01-22-2013, 04:39 PM
All of these are REALISTICAL ( yes at this point you can FORGET about getting an start unless it has some injury baggage ( stou) or bust/nutcase baggage ( bargnani/cousins...)
they are Trade Machine tested too.
They are all , straight trades, but three ways would include similar players.
Lakers might get a pick in some of the trades AT BEST case scenario.

New York: Amare , Straight up, they wont give up more.

Brooklyn : Joe Johnson straight up

Toronto: A) fields + bargnani
B) Calderon+ Kleiza
c) Calderon + Fields
Orlando: Turkoglu + Nelson

Atlanta: Harris+Pachuila+Korver

Charlotte: ben gordon + Diop

Washington: Ariza+Okafor

Chicago: Boozer+ Hinrich ( and im not sure they would still trade boozer , because his play lately)

Detroit: Kratsov+villanueva+Prince

Cleveland: Varejao+ Walton

Milwaukee: Drew Gooden + Monta ellis ( and im not sure they would)

Sacramento: A)Cousins +Garcia+Salmons
B) Tyreke+Garcia+Salmons

Golden State: Bogut + Landry

Dallas: Kaman+ Marion

San Antonio : jakson+Diaw+Bonner

Memphis: Randolph straight up ( saves them money cause paus contract is shorter, wont offer Gay unless they find a taker for Randolph).

Denver: Gallinari + Chandler ( and doubt they would accept)

Minessota: dw+pekovic+barea ( and i doubt they would accept)

Not Possible to do a trade / No interest from the other team
Miami/Philadelphia/Boston/Indiana/Bizarro L.A/ Phoenix/Houston/New Orleans/Portland/Oklahoma/ Utah

So, is it worht doing it?
I say Not really.

Ebbs
01-22-2013, 04:42 PM
They should trade Howard lol

Lakerfrk
01-22-2013, 04:55 PM
All of these are REALISTICAL ( yes at this point you can FORGET about getting an start unless it has some injury baggage ( stou) or bust/nutcase baggage ( bargnani/cousins...)
they are Trade Machine tested too.
They are all , straight trades, but three ways would include similar players.
Lakers might get a pick in some of the trades AT BEST case scenario.

New York: Amare , Straight up, they wont give up more.

Brooklyn : Joe Johnson straight up

Toronto: A) fields + bargnani
B) Calderon+ Kleiza
c) Calderon + Fields
Orlando: Turkoglu + Nelson

Atlanta: Harris+Pachuila+Korver

Charlotte: ben gordon + Diop

Washington: Ariza+Okafor

Chicago: Boozer+ Hinrich ( and im not sure they would still trade boozer , because his play lately)

Detroit: Kratsov+villanueva+Prince

Cleveland: Varejao+ Walton

Milwaukee: Drew Gooden + Monta ellis ( and im not sure they would)

Sacramento: A)Cousins +Garcia+Salmons
B) Tyreke+Garcia+Salmons

Golden State: Bogut + Landry

Dallas: Kaman+ Marion

San Antonio : jakson+Diaw+Bonner

Memphis: Randolph straight up ( saves them money cause paus contract is shorter, wont offer Gay unless they find a taker for Randolph).

Denver: Gallinari + Chandler ( and doubt they would accept)

Minessota: dw+pekovic+barea ( and i doubt they would accept)

Not Possible to do a trade / No interest from the other team
Miami/Philadelphia/Boston/Indiana/Bizarro L.A/ Phoenix/Houston/New Orleans/Portland/Oklahoma/ Utah

So, is it worht doing it?
I say Not really.

Love the Minnesota deal, love the Memphis deal.

The BEST deal would be if Sacramento would do Tyreke Evans, Thomas Robinson, and John Salmons for Pau.... That would be the best thing we could do I think.

Lakerfrk
01-22-2013, 04:56 PM
Wait a minute... why exactly is Boston not an option... Not that I would love it.. but I'm sure they would entertain a Gasol/Meeks for Pierce/Lee swap... not that I love it, but I think Boston would definitely be willing to talk.

Hellcrooner
01-22-2013, 04:59 PM
Wait a minute... why exactly is Boston not an option... Not that I would love it.. but I'm sure they would entertain a Gasol/Meeks for Pierce/Lee swap... not that I love it, but I think Boston would definitely be willing to talk.

try to work a trade that doesnt involve rondo,Terry, Pierce or Kg.

you cant.

And thats what they would want, add pau to those four to have a last shot at hoorray.

and of course lakers wouldnt want to risk trading pau to celtics then celtics winning the ring and end up looking stupid,..................but with Jimbaco "freddo" buss you never know.

Badluck33
01-22-2013, 05:03 PM

watch that type of non-sense talk like that in the NBA Forum.

You are not allowed to think logically here...

ichitownclowni
01-22-2013, 05:06 PM
+6, 7, 8 and 9

make it +10

AlexanderPearce
01-22-2013, 05:16 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b3kgp62

Not saying this is a good deal but you most certainly can. I think Boston would totally do a Pay deal. I think being an older team would be the perfect fit especially in the east (unlike the Spurs).

kobebabe
01-22-2013, 05:20 PM
Dwight should be dealt before Pau

rockbottom2010
01-22-2013, 06:05 PM
the lakers need a center that can fit into the D'Antoni system

Chronz
01-22-2013, 06:55 PM
They want to save money to avoid the tax, trading for Pau will only increase their annual salary because he both makes more and has a trade kicker. And why would they move both Gay AND ZBo? They offered Gay, didn't find anything so they offered Z-Bo. Its not that they want to move both its that they couldnt avoid the luxury tax with both of them on board.

Chronz
01-22-2013, 06:59 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b3kgp62

Not saying this is a good deal but you most certainly can. I think Boston would totally do a Pay deal. I think being an older team would be the perfect fit especially in the east (unlike the Spurs).
Lakers would never do it

rockbottom2010
01-23-2013, 12:29 AM
laker country in big trouble