PDA

View Full Version : Teams should not be able to foul when up 3...

HouRealCoach
01-21-2013, 07:14 PM
I'm saying if a team is up 3 in the 4th and the shot clock has been turned off, I think if the team intentionally fouls a player (unless they have a foul to give) then the opposing squad should get 2 FT's and the ball back.

Isn't it kind of unfair to you all?

netsgiantsyanks
01-21-2013, 07:18 PM
no...it's actually a smart idea.

John Walls Era
01-21-2013, 07:19 PM
No. Its Strategy and that has to be a part of the game. If teams think its unfair then be UP instead of down.

Max.This
01-21-2013, 07:20 PM
let me put it this way. If your team is leading and your team does the fouling= smart. If your team is on the other end then you obviously feel the other way. Either way, it sucks for tv lol

p.s Im so glad you're not a knicks fan, the replies would've been brutal

krisxsong
01-21-2013, 07:22 PM
What? How is that unfair? Please explain to me how this is unfair.

douglas
01-21-2013, 07:22 PM
I guess it sort of depends on how you want the basketball game to pan out. If you want to risk sending the game to overtime and possibly losing, then you should let the opposing team shoot the three point basketball shot. On the other hand, if you want the opposing team to not be able to shoot a three point basketball shot and instead only shoot two free throws and minimize the chance of sending the basketball game to overtime and possibly beating your team, you should intentionally foul the opposing team.

Sactown
01-21-2013, 07:31 PM
There is risk to it, what if you go for the intentional foul and the other team decides to heave one up! then they get 3 FT attempts.

albertajaysfan
01-21-2013, 07:36 PM
There is risk to it, what if you go for the intentional foul and the other team decides to heave one up! then they get 3 FT attempts.

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner.

Hit the nail on the head right there. Fouling up by 3 is dangerous for that very reason.

justinnum1
01-21-2013, 07:37 PM
No. Its Strategy and that has to be a part of the game. If teams think its unfair then be UP instead of down.

this.

arkanian215
01-21-2013, 07:39 PM
0a

ILLUSIONIST^248
I guess it sort of depends on how you want the basketball game to pan out. If you want to risk sending the game to overtime and possibly losing, then you should let the opposing team shoot the three point basketball shot. On the other hand, if you want the opposing team to not be able to shoot a three point basketball shot and instead only shoot two free throws and minimize the chance of sending the basketball game to overtime and possibly beating your team, you should intentionally foul the opposing team.

This

TheNumber37
bad idea. because free throw shooting is a huge part of late games and this rule would bail out poor free throw shooters.

sep11ie
01-21-2013, 07:42 PM
Football teams shouldn't be allowed to run the ball on 3rd and inches.

nllumberco
01-21-2013, 07:50 PM
Punishing success has reached new heights.

gotoHcarolina52
01-21-2013, 07:56 PM
:pity:

njnets
01-21-2013, 08:09 PM
if you decide to foul, your supposed to tell the players to foul very quickly or if there backs are to the basket. definitely risk involved though.

JasonJohnHorn
01-21-2013, 11:04 PM
Hey... if you earned a 3 point lead at that point, use whatever rules there are to your advantage. It's the other team's fault for not putting themselves in a better position.

Chill_Will_24
01-21-2013, 11:34 PM
:laugh: Knicks fans

mjt20mik
01-21-2013, 11:48 PM
Perfectly fair. It is strategy.

Greet
01-22-2013, 01:28 AM
It's all strategy. Last year against OKC the Nets where winning by 4, OKC had the ball, Nets go to foul James Harden (I believe) and he shoots, gets the foul, and the bucket.

HouRealCoach
01-22-2013, 01:51 AM
I agree it is strategy I just hate seeing FT's decide a game when it could have been an attempted GW or GT shot... & what does me being a Knick fan have to do with this? We missed our game tying shot :shrug:

But I just hate taking the sissy way out of things... I even hated the Hack a Shaq and anyone else they try it on

Sactown
01-22-2013, 01:54 AM
I agree it is strategy I just hate seeing FT's decide a game when it could have been an attempted GW or GT shot... & what does me being a Knick fan have to do with this? We missed our game tying shot :shrug:

But I just hate taking the sissy way out of things... I even hated the Hack a Shaq and anyone else they try it on
Definitely less entertaining, but honestly it doesn't happen that often and there's no way they could make that a rule.. What happens if someone accidentally fouls someone? is it fair to give the other team 2 points and the ball back just because they were up 3 instead of 2 or 4?

HouRealCoach
01-22-2013, 10:52 AM
Definitely less entertaining, but honestly it doesn't happen that often and there's no way they could make that a rule.. What happens if someone accidentally fouls someone? is it fair to give the other team 2 points and the ball back just because they were up 3 instead of 2 or 4?

Only if it looks intentional... Like if they catch the ball with their back turned and you wrap them up

knicksfan42
01-22-2013, 10:55 AM
Close this dumb thread. Dumbest thread of the day award goes to this guy.

2-ONE-5
01-22-2013, 11:01 AM
lol os this serious? make your FT's its THAT simple

NYKnickFanatic
01-22-2013, 11:06 AM
let me put it this way. If your team is leading and your team does the fouling= smart. If your team is on the other end then you obviously feel the other way. Either way, it sucks for tv lol

p.s Im so glad you're not a knicks fan, the replies would've been brutal

:laugh2: he is a Knicks fan

HouRealCoach
01-22-2013, 11:17 AM
Close this dumb thread. Dumbest thread of the day award goes to this guy.

So how dumb is it for you to place your input on the "dumbest" thread of the day? Please get a life...

CaptainClutch
01-22-2013, 11:30 AM
Football teams shouldn't be allowed to run the ball on 3rd and inches.

This guy

BALLER R
01-22-2013, 11:35 AM
So basically lead by 3 and you automatically win.

greg_ory_2005
01-22-2013, 01:32 PM
It's strategy. Duh

CaptainClutch
01-22-2013, 01:36 PM
Then I guess we shouldn't be able to intentionally walk a #8 hitter in the national league in order to face the pitcher?

C'MON MAN

http://menterests.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/cmonman1.png

YoungOne
01-22-2013, 02:01 PM
this is still a sports competition and not a broadway show!

although it tends to drift that way...

maddBat
01-22-2013, 02:24 PM

u being a knick fan has alot to do with it. thats the way u guys lost yesterday and r sour about it. if the knicks were to do it u wouldnt make a thread about it.

it was a strategy play. a similar situation occured earlier in the season when we were up 3 and seconds left on the clock bradley beal hits a buzzer beater sending us 2 overtime. pjc wanted to stop that from happening again and did so.

jer3miah
01-22-2013, 02:39 PM
This is practically the same as the Hack a Dwight/Shaq/Whoever. You wanna give them glory for being crappy freethrow shooters? The game is strategy. If you suck at low post defense and I am playing against you, what do you think I am gonna do? (Take you down in the post and school you!). Same for freethrows, You suck at it. I am gonna make you beat me at your worst area.

MagicHero3
01-22-2013, 03:08 PM
if your down by 3, and they go to foul u with little time left, jack up a 3 as they foul you so u get 3 free throws. thats the counter to this strategy

HouRealCoach
01-22-2013, 03:43 PM
u being a knick fan has alot to do with it. thats the way u guys lost yesterday and r sour about it. if the knicks were to do it u wouldnt make a thread about it.

it was a strategy play. a similar situation occured earlier in the season when we were up 3 and seconds left on the clock bradley beal hits a buzzer beater sending us 2 overtime. pjc wanted to stop that from happening again and did so.

Is that so?

That was a TERRIBLE game... Bricks after brick & not trying to hustle for balls and get rebounds :facepalm:

Defense was good but damn Joe Johnson, Lopez, & Humphries outplayed our entire team

I don't blame anyone but our team for any of our losses... This was my post in our game thread right after we lost so please stop assuming things & speak something that you actually know.

& did you even watch the game????? JR Smith missed a game tying 3 pointer at the buzzer :shrug:... I really don't understand you guys sometimes. I am not one of those guys who complain about Melo not getting calls or use injuries as an excuse to every loss. This has happened in a bunch of games (NBA, College, etc.) & I don't like it so I expressed my opinion & I asked for input. Just like I don't like the Restricted FA's rules, just like I don't like the 5 second post up rule... I don't like them just because

Btw I'm a HUGE Joe Johnson because he's from my hometown & played for the Razorbacks so if he's killing then I'm happy

VinceCarter
01-22-2013, 04:21 PM
I'm saying if a team is up 3 in the 4th and the shot clock has been turned off, I think if the team intentionally fouls a player (unless they have a foul to give) then the opposing squad should get 2 FT's and the ball back.

Isn't it kind of unfair to you all?

Even if for some stupid reason they implemented this...teams could just swipe at the ball and and get the foul call that way. It's strategy. Maybe teams shouldn't foul in the last minute of the games because it's unfair to the team with the 4 point, 6 point or whatever lead :pity: If you want to win a game you have to fight for it and counter act or out play (including making FT) opposing strategies.