PDA

View Full Version : SMH Westbrook

JNoel
01-21-2013, 04:22 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EHceH5YhkY
The Denver Post

See, SuperMascot Rocky shoots backwards halfcourt shots during a fourth-quarter timeout of every game. If he makes one, fans get free Qdoba queso. Itís perhaps the most-popular during- timeout thing they do at Nugget games. Well, Rockyís final attempt appeared to be going in, but the Thunderís Russell Westbrook, walking onto the court, jumped up and blocked/goaltended the shot. The arena erupted in boos and fans continued to boo so every time Westbrook touched the basketball. So that was bad enough, right? Rocky returned to midcourt again during the next timeout. And Westbrook, again, caught the shot, this time throwing the ball into the stands. The boos became deafening.

NYKnickFanatic
01-21-2013, 04:24 PM
http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?797945-Westbrook-trolls-nuggets

Using the video embed feature, eh? Nice. :clap:

Guppyfighter
01-21-2013, 04:24 PM
I don't like Wrestbrook, but I love this.

2-ONE-5
01-21-2013, 04:26 PM
this was great

Baller1
01-21-2013, 04:41 PM
Hahaha, that's awesome.

TheSource
01-21-2013, 04:44 PM
KG would do the same.

ManRam
01-21-2013, 04:45 PM
Russy :love:

IgglesFanInCO
01-21-2013, 04:47 PM
total douche move

but funny as ****

ThuglifeJ
01-21-2013, 05:01 PM
it'd be funny if he wasn't sucha idiot and was actually funny

Sportfan
01-21-2013, 05:19 PM
He probably thought it was a live ball

lamzoka
01-21-2013, 05:24 PM
He probably thought it was a live ball

I believe your sig is outdated lmao!!!!
Have fun at the ProBowl. lol

lamzoka
01-21-2013, 05:27 PM
Its kinda funny

ILLUSIONIST^248
01-21-2013, 05:41 PM
I can't stand that mother ****er! I hate his face so bad!

Gritz
01-21-2013, 05:47 PM

Lol you have some nerve, look at your username

Byronicle
01-21-2013, 05:51 PM
i was laughing so hard

its just good competitive fun.

have people on this site played on an actual team? because part of playing competitively is antics like this that add to the game, especially against a rival.

call it douchey but i call it competitiveness and passion to win

blahblahyoutoo
01-21-2013, 05:52 PM

you mean his sexy wide as the grand canyon nose and his voluptuous hot dog bun looking lips?

John Walls Era
01-21-2013, 05:58 PM
Its funny. Would be even funnier if he did it during those Million Dollar Give-aways where a fan was shooting.

John Walls Era
01-21-2013, 05:58 PM

He looks like a real life ninja turtle.

ManRam
01-21-2013, 06:02 PM
i was laughing so hard

its just good competitive fun.

have people on this site played on an actual team? because part of playing competitively is antics like this that add to the game, especially against a rival.

call it douchey but i call it competitiveness and passion to win

Me too. And this was harmless. I like when players interact with mascots, even like this. It's just fun.

Westbrook is the most unfairly hated player in the NBA I feel like.

Hardaway Here
01-21-2013, 06:03 PM
Me too. And this was harmless. I like when players interact with mascots, even like this. It's just fun.

It wasn't completely harmless the fans were going to get something for free if the shot went in so it was kind of an ******* thing to do

marvILLous
01-21-2013, 06:11 PM

^^This!!

ChicagoRox
01-21-2013, 06:14 PM
If he did that to Benny the Bull, Benny would shoot him. See below as example. Benny does not take disrespect well.

http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/bulls-mascot-shoots-at-celtics-players-16969

ThuglifeJ
01-21-2013, 06:44 PM
Lol you have some nerve, look at your username

I cannot believe there are handfuls of people who bring up my username all the time. It's a username, It's just a go to that I used to have.

You know a reference to Tupac Shakur..
I apologize that my username referring to 2pac isn't as acceptable as Gritz.

ThuglifeJ
01-21-2013, 06:47 PM

How? He acts like a near CHILD on a professional basketball court. When most players do something douch-ey or coc-ky it's not in the way of a 6th grader.

His annoying appearance and voice dont help

the guy is screwed once he reaches his 30s unless he somehow starts showing signs he wants to mature in the future he seems pretty complacent with where he's at.

godolphins
01-21-2013, 06:52 PM
I believe your sig is outdated lmao!!!!
Have fun at the ProBowl. lol

Lol, that's mean.

ichitownclowni
01-21-2013, 06:52 PM
:laugh:

Baller1
01-21-2013, 06:55 PM
How? He acts like a near CHILD on a professional basketball court. When most players do something douch-ey or coc-ky it's not in the way of a 6th grader.

the guy is screwed once he reaches his 30s unless he somehow starts showing signs he wants to mature in the future he seems pretty complacent with where he's at.

Yeah, he's only a top 10 player in the league. How complacent he is!

LJEATON26
01-21-2013, 07:06 PM
I thought it was funny, sorry to the fans in the arena who didn't get the free Qdoba's grill queso (that's what the mascot was shooting for).

sep11ie
01-21-2013, 07:10 PM
Westy has cute cheekbones.

dalton749
01-21-2013, 07:12 PM
Its funny. Would be even funnier if he did it during those Million Dollar Give-aways where a fan was shooting.
how would that be funny. if it were me and its even close to going in, westbrook is a deadman

PleaseBeNice
01-21-2013, 07:59 PM

Alright

mzgrizz
01-21-2013, 08:10 PM

I'm with you on this one. Westbrook has pretty much earned the hatred IMO/ And blocking a mascot shot? :no:
Way to go, Russell; maybe if you were saving some of that juvenile energy, your team might have gotten the W.
Mascots can sure be aggravating at times, but a player doing this should be fined. Did he really throw the ball in the stands? Maybe one is coming.

mzgrizz
01-21-2013, 08:24 PM
Just looked at some of the video and he looks certifiably nutcase
Was he talking to the other players saying he was going to block the shot? I'm no lip reader but it looked like that.
His "ego" must actually be micro-sized to want to do that. Try it in Memphis, Rusty, just try it. Grizz(mascot) will chase your *** down.

samanjerry
01-21-2013, 08:24 PM
you know the owners are happy about not having to pay for what ever food they were giving away. they should buy russ a queso

Doogolas
01-21-2013, 10:47 PM
Yeah, he's only a top 10 player in the league. How complacent he is!

Not even top 20. Don't get me wrong he's good but he's been quite poor this year, especially his awful efficiency.

GunFactor187
01-21-2013, 10:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GESwIzutwIc

Nuff Said...

ManRam
01-21-2013, 11:13 PM

A child?

It's sport.

He's the emotional life force of that team. KD and others have acknowledged time after time how they feed off of him. He's cocky, but what star isn't? MJ, Kobe, LeBron, Shaq, etc. are the cockiest of the cockiest. He's not as good as them, but that's not a reason to hate a guy. He's a top 10 player...and he acts like it. Whatever. He's confident, not cocky anyways. People knock his play, but his "detrimental" play has lead the Thunder to the best offense in the league. Again, KD says time after time how much he loves playing with RWB and how much he loves feeding off his emotion.

You are annoyed by his "voice" and "appearance". :laugh2:

That's not petty...hahahaha.

:laugh:

Who cares how and when his game will decline? That's not a reason to dislike a player :laugh:

GTFOH