PDA

View Full Version : Durant and lebron's FT attempts

RulerSlick
01-21-2013, 01:04 AM
How does someone like Lebron who lives around the rim get less FT attempts than someone is mainly a jump shooter? I've come to the conclusion that lebron strength and body type is working against him while Durants is working in favor of him. When Durant gets the slightest touch it looks like he's hacked because he's so skinny whereas lebron appears to muscle through any contact. Ref have been robbing lebron this year on his FT attempts,

back to back 20+ FT's for Durant = :facepalm:

justinnum1
01-21-2013, 01:10 AM
refs have not been giving many calls to lebron this season. Anyone who watches heat games regularly would see that.

Im_in_Mia_bish
01-21-2013, 01:11 AM
reminds me of shaq. it is what it is. you just deal with it.
calls work both ways, although this season has been a little crazy.

Hawkeye15
01-21-2013, 01:11 AM
Durant attacks more on a team that gets out and runs?

LakersMaster24
01-21-2013, 01:23 AM
There should be some sort of limit on free throw attempts. A single player geting 20-25 points off the freaking free throw line is unacceptable.

Max.This
01-21-2013, 01:28 AM
The Refs got their money from the Heat last year, its another team this year.

Cano4prez
01-21-2013, 01:31 AM
refs have not been giving many calls to lebron this season. Anyone who watches heat games regularly would see that.

This, he gets hacked all game

Dade County
01-21-2013, 01:32 AM
The Refs got their money from the Heat last year, its another team this year.

It really has noting to do with the HEAT, but I am happy that you are trying to see the truth.

NY007
01-21-2013, 01:40 AM
:laugh:

Got damn I love you Miami fans.. hands down the most knowledgable fan base :up:

:crazy:

Hardaway Here
01-21-2013, 01:42 AM
I have to admit I can't help but lol at the fact Durant got 20+ fts in back to back games.

Im_in_Mia_bish
01-21-2013, 01:48 AM
:laugh:

Got damn I love you Miami fans.. hands down the most knowledgable fan base :up:

:crazy:

oh god a new jersey resident trying to talk smack about a fan base. the irony.

gwrighter
01-21-2013, 02:00 AM
Durant is the best scorer in the NBA. Nothing surprises me.

Sactown
01-21-2013, 02:15 AM
Durant attacks more on a team that gets out and runs?

I actually believe it has to do more with how they play through contact.. Lebron seems to muscle through contact and finish his shot, where Durant does this bounce in bounce off thing..

THE GIPPER
01-21-2013, 02:28 AM
How does someone like Lebron who lives around the rim get less FT attempts than someone is mainly a jump shooter? I've come to the conclusion that lebron strength and body type is working against him while Durants is working in favor of him. When Durant gets the slightest touch it looks like he's hacked because he's so skinny whereas lebron appears to muscle through any contact. Ref have been robbing lebron this year on his FT attempts,

back to back 20+ FT's for Durant = :facepalm:

I dont think the refs have been "robbing" Lebron of FT attempts but in the NBA there are clearly "superstar calls" and to your point about Durant's slight frame, I do think that plays into it. Every time Durant is touched on a drive or shot, you know about it. He is visibly altered by the contact. With a player like Lebron its not the case because he can go through people.

We've seen this before though with the likes of Shaq and Dwight. I remember SVG made a comment a few years ago about how if anyone else was fouled as hard as Dwight it would be a flagrant.

Sactown
01-21-2013, 02:31 AM
I dont think the refs have been "robbing" Lebron of FT attempts but in the NBA there are clearly "superstar calls" and to your point about Durant's slight frame, I do think that plays into it. Every time Durant is touched on a drive or shot, you know about it. He is visibly altered by the contact. With a player like Lebron its not the case because he can go through people.

We've seen this before though with the likes of Shaq and Dwight. I remember SVG made a comment a few years ago about how if anyone else was fouled as hard as Dwight it would be a flagrant.
I agree it's definitely the reaction to contact, Lebron Dwight and Shaq played through it making it harder to notice, while Durant and Kevin Martin make contact and show a big reaction to contact making it easier to call.

DChibes
01-21-2013, 02:47 AM
This, he gets hacked all game

Welcome to the life of Derrick Rose.

Seriously though Rose gets destroyed, the problem is (and this may be the case with LeBron) that he has such great body control and can withstand the hacks and slaps, that the Refs barely notice the fouls.

TheMoneyTeam
01-21-2013, 02:57 AM

lol

rockbottom2010
01-21-2013, 03:17 AM
oh god a new jersey resident trying to talk smack about a fan base. The irony.

lol

RulerSlick
01-21-2013, 03:35 AM
Welcome to the life of Derrick Rose.

Seriously though Rose gets destroyed, the problem is (and this may be the case with LeBron) that he has such great body control and can withstand the hacks and slaps, that the Refs barely notice the fouls.

Lebron approaches contact differently than Rose. Rose tends to do acrobatic body contortions around contact for acrobatic finishes whereas Lebron absorbs and goes through contact.

MELO 15
01-21-2013, 03:43 AM
Try watching knicks games, Melo gets murdered when he takes it to the whole, and the refs look the other way. He definitely should be getting to the line a lot more As well

Stuckey#3
01-21-2013, 04:00 AM
Nice and clear... KD>LBJ. Keep trying to find reasons to doubt KD now that you have sub consciously accepted this heat fans.

Sly Guy
01-21-2013, 10:51 AM
Durant, LeBron, whoever, it doesn't matter. Sometimes the way this league is officiated is simply disgraceful.

koreancabbage
01-21-2013, 11:11 AM
lol

don't know why its funny when Durant is getting 20 FTs a game. its friggin ridiculous for the tickey tackey calls Durants gets while Lebron is a bull in a china shop.

but enough of that. NBA refs are the deciding factor now in some games. I think they should bring back hand checking so that less calls are made and everyone is on the same playing field. I want to see if Durant can thrive in a game like that. (or even Lebron)

tdg823
01-21-2013, 11:20 AM
Durant, LeBron, whoever, it doesn't matter. Sometimes the way this league is officiated is simply disgraceful.

x2

ManRam
01-21-2013, 02:15 PM
LeBron, from what I've seen, has done a lot less attacking from the perimeter. A lot more play-making, a good amount more posting up and a bit more outside shooting, mainly from three than he has before. I don't think it's a matter of "refs not giving him calls", because it's not like every ref gets together and decides this stuff, it just shows a slight alteration in his game play. Durant continues to attack a tremendous amount in half court sets from the perimeter. That's when most fouls are drawn.

It's not a conspiracy. It might be a bit flukish and it might revert back to the mean, but I don't think it's anything really to write home about.

And again, stars DESERVE more FT attempts. They have the ball in their hands the most, they tend to be the more aggressive players, they know how to break down defenses and so on. It baffles me that people are surprised when these guys get more FTA than everyone else. They absolutely should. It's not the officials' fault, it's indicative of their play.

I do buy into the body control and strength argument. Durant is more lankly and lean...when he gets hit it's more noticeable. Dwight obviously is a different player than Durant/LeBron/Rose, but his strength, is refusal to flop/embellish and his brute strength probably have cost him hundreds and hundreds of additional trips to the line. Just like Shaq in his day. A hard foul to these guys might look like a regular foul on some other guys. A regular foul might not look like one at all.

el hidalgo
01-21-2013, 02:24 PM
LeBron, from what I've seen, has done a lot less attacking from the perimeter. A lot more play-making, a good amount more posting up and a bit more outside shooting, mainly from three than he has before. I don't think it's a matter of "refs not giving him calls", because it's not like every ref gets together and decides this stuff, it just shows a slight alteration in his game play. Durant continues to attack a tremendous amount in half court sets from the perimeter. That's when most fouls are drawn.

It's not a conspiracy. It might be a bit flukish and it might revert back to the mean, but I don't think it's anything really to write home about.

And again, stars DESERVE more FT attempts. They have the ball in their hands the most, they tend to be the more aggressive players, they know how to break down defenses and so on. It baffles me that people are surprised when these guys get more FTA than everyone else. They absolutely should. It's not the officials' fault, it's indicative of their play.

I do buy into the body control and strength argument. Durant is more lankly and lean...when he gets hit it's more noticeable. Dwight obviously is a different player than Durant/LeBron/Rose, but his strength, is refusal to flop/embellish and his brute strength probably have cost him hundreds and hundreds of additional trips to the line. Just like Shaq in his day. A hard foul to these guys might look like a regular foul on some other guys. A regular foul might not look like one at all.
what are you talking about man? lebron has never altered his gameplay. he has only relied on pure athleticism. it isnt fair! i love you kobe!!!!

nycericanguy
01-21-2013, 02:32 PM
Well Durant has played 99 minutes in those 2 games, that's what Lebron would play in almost 3 games. and he always plays more minutes than Melo, Lebron...etc.

Knick bag
01-21-2013, 02:45 PM
I actually believe it has to do more with how they play through contact.. Lebron seems to muscle through contact and finish his shot, where Durant does this bounce in bounce off thing..

Lebrons game is drive to the rim and finish with strength. He gets hacked all the time but it seems like the refs dont call fouls as much because of how he finishes through contact.

He115ing
01-21-2013, 02:50 PM
that is weird, considering how much lebron flops he shoul be getting to the line much more often.

sep11ie
01-21-2013, 02:52 PM
Who shivs a ghit?

JasonJohnHorn
01-21-2013, 03:48 PM
The back-to-back 21-ft nights has a lot to do with the fact that both games were overtime games.

Durant is averaging 9 FT per game right now, LBJ is average 6.3 or so... his lowest total since his rookie year. In the past LBJ has averaged no less than 8 per game, save his rookie season, so for some reason he does seem to be getting to the line less this year. I guess it is more of a question of why is LBJ getting 2 fewer FT per game this year? He's taking as many shot? Is it because he's doing more post work and in turn less slashing? Maybe. I think guys who work the post more don't draw as many fouls as guys who are slashing to the rim.

CHANGO
01-21-2013, 03:51 PM
Lebron right now averaging 6.3 FT pergame.
Durant 9.4.

I think is obvious that a guy who has enough body to take a hard foul will have less ticky-tack fouls called on his way, I mean is like comparing JJ Barea and Tyreke Evans they both are pg's or sg's but the difference in their bodies have big impact on the way refs calls fouls.

I agree that Lebron isn't getting all the ticky-tack fouls, but I don't think he needs it either so... Move on.