PDA

View Full Version : Is Dwight Howard gone and are the Lakers on the brink of rebuilding?

Derick713
01-21-2013, 12:10 AM
Right now the Lakers have a slim chance of making the playoffs. The roster is old and has no upside. The Laker back court stars are closer to retiring than being viable long term options. They don't have a bench to take pressure of the older players. The best young player the Lakers have is a free agent after the season and he has no reason to stay. The Lakers can't even offer Dwight Howard a competitive young roster once he reaches free agency. The Lakers also have a lack of draft picks and can't really get young cheap building blocks. It really looks like the Lakers will have to trade Dwight Howard before the deadline. At the very least Dwight Howard will net the Lakers a talent that is young and signed for multiple years.

Hawkeye15
01-21-2013, 12:15 AM
Possibly. But a franchise as well run as the Lakers rebuilding process will be exponentially faster than most.

Leftcoast_yg
01-21-2013, 12:16 AM
Lakers can give dwight more money and a longer contract than any other team and in 2014 can sign two big free agents. So no your wrong op.

seikou8
01-21-2013, 12:17 AM
Lakers dont rebuild they reload

justinnum1
01-21-2013, 12:20 AM
Anyone trying to build a contender around dwight is going to have a very hard time. he's a nice piece, but not a championship caliber #1 option.

KniCks4LiFe
01-21-2013, 12:21 AM
They need to trade Dwight. For many reasons. But main reason is even Ray Charles can see this is not going to work.

Cano-Montero...
01-21-2013, 12:24 AM
Anyone trying to build a contender around dwight is going to have a very hard time. he's a nice piece, but not a championship caliber #1 option.

Agree...

bholly
01-21-2013, 12:28 AM
I've been thinking about this today. Obviously the first move they make is Gasol, but assuming that's too little too late to turn things around by the deadline, I think after that the next thing might be Kobe floating the idea of a trade to a playoff team (if not quite demanding one) - I have a hard time seeing him being satisfied with risking missing the playoffs this year just in hopes they manage to keep the same team together next year, and I feel if he wants out then the Lakers could be convinced that moving him and Pau and giving the keys to Dwight could be the best way to get Dwight to re-sign.
The two best teams I could come up with were GSW (maybe a Lee+Barnes type package) or Memphis (Gay+), both of which could go some way to kick-starting a rebuild and keeping Dwight on, while allowing Kobe to contend for the last two years of his career.

I haven't really seen it talked about much yet, I think because everyone's been assuming that they'll turn it around and that if they don't they'll just move Pau - but I think a possible Kobe trade could become a real story before too long.

justinnum1
01-21-2013, 12:29 AM
kobe isnt going anywhere. the story would be kobe couldnt take a team of nash, gasol and dwight to the playoffs so he jumped ship. dont think that would go over to well.

Avenged
01-21-2013, 12:30 AM
The Lakers have one thing in their favor when it comes to rebuilding IF they play it smart.

The 2014/15 season, the Lakers will only have Nash on payroll ($9,701,000), that is if Dwight leaves.

The Lakers could very well ruin this if they offer Kobe another fat contract... But hopefully they'll be a little smart. With the type of players L.A attracts, and the cap available, I like their chances at their rebuild not lasting very long.

bholly
01-21-2013, 12:33 AM
kobe isnt going anywhere. the story would be kobe couldnt take a team of nash, gasol and dwight to the playoffs so he jumped ship. dont think that would go over to well.

And I think missing the playoffs and having the same team next year bothers Kobe more than contending for the last two years of his career and dealing with that story.

SteBO
01-21-2013, 12:35 AM
The major players in 2014 aren't likely to leave possible championship/winning situations for the Lakers. LA does tend to attract big-time talent though, so it's a wait and see type of thing.

LAKobeBryant
01-21-2013, 12:38 AM
Either if we trade Pau or fire Dantoni we'll make the playoffs. If we don't do either then pretty much what you said.

(i know its like a 5% chance Dantoni will be fired but thats a choice i mentioned above)

DoMeFavors
01-21-2013, 12:41 AM
Dwight is leaving its pretty obvious. maybe the Lakers could amnesty Pau after the season and sign Andrew Bynum the guy they traded for Dwight since Dwight is leaving.

KniCks4LiFe
01-21-2013, 12:46 AM
Lakers still have the amnesty clause? Just trade Howard already and do it then.

YouCan'tBeatLA
01-21-2013, 12:50 AM
I remember when the Lakers were in "rebuilding" mode when Shaq left. We don't rebuild, we reload.

sep11ie
01-21-2013, 12:59 AM
They need to trade Dwight. For many reasons. But main reason is even Ray Charles can see this is not going to work.

Yea, and Ray Charles doesn't even watch basketball!

Tmath
01-21-2013, 01:00 AM
I remember when the Lakers were in "rebuilding" mode when Shaq left. We don't rebuild, we reload.

That was when you had a prime Kobe & draft picks.

Now you have old Kobe, old Gasol, old Nash, old MWP & no draft picks

You also don't have a Shaq to get back valuable assets like you did back then.

ThunderousDemon
01-21-2013, 01:05 AM
Lakers dont rebuild they reload

That's right buddy!!! :guns:

YouCan'tBeatLA
01-21-2013, 01:05 AM
That was when you had a prime Kobe & draft picks.

Now you have old Kobe, old Gasol, old Nash, old MWP & no draft picks

Yes, our highlight draft was when we picked Andrew Bynum. A cancer that spent most of his time injured, even though he has tons of talent. Our big contracts (Kobe + Pau) expire in '14, giving us tons of cap space in a loaded FA.

*Silver&Black*
01-21-2013, 01:09 AM
At the very least Dwight Howard will net the Lakers a talent that is young and signed for multiple years.

IF, and I mean IF, Lakers have a feeling he will leave,

Horford, Teague, and Korver for Dwight Howard? Gives ATL more room this summer to sign another big time player.

Lakers would have better depth, an all-star big man, and a younger/quicker PG:

Nash, Teague, Kobe, Korver, MWP, Gasol, Horford, Jamison, etc.

Tmath
01-21-2013, 01:15 AM
IF, and I mean IF, Lakers have a feeling he will leave,

Horford, Teague, and Korver for Dwight Howard? Gives ATL more room this summer to sign another big time player.

Lakers would have better depth, an all-star big man, and a younger PG:

Nash, Teague, Kobe, Korver, MWP, Gasol, Horford, Jamison, etc.

Hawks get raped

Im_in_Mia_bish
01-21-2013, 01:16 AM

so wtf were yall doing from 03-08? dancing?

*Silver&Black*
01-21-2013, 01:18 AM
Hawks get raped

Ferry wants a star, and with this we would have more cap room to try to bring Chris Paul to Dwight Howard and Josh Smith.

phoenix_bladen
01-21-2013, 01:26 AM
Yes, our highlight draft was when we picked Andrew Bynum. A cancer that spent most of his time injured, even though he has tons of talent. Our big contracts (Kobe + Pau) expire in '14, giving us tons of cap space in a loaded FA.

Ya except that cancer netted u Dwight so your argument is baseless.

Derick713
01-21-2013, 01:39 AM
Lakers can give dwight more money and a longer contract than any other team and in 2014 can sign two big free agents. So no your wrong op.

The Magic could of given Dwight Howard more money and he didn't want to stay. He left Orlando which is a pretty nice place to live. What makes you think that Howard will want to wait one more year. It doesn't seem like Howard is having fun in L.A. The Lakers will have cap room because Gasol and Bryant come off the books. The Lakers don't have any decent young talent to pair with Dwight. They lack assets to acquire good young talent that will help them keep up with the Thunder and Clippers. Plus there's no guarantee about who's going to be available in 2014 and who will commit to the Lakers at that point.

Derick713
01-21-2013, 01:45 AM
The Lakers need to commit to Mike's system and trade the bigs for shooters and versatile forwards. Jim Buss picked Mike and now he's got to go all in with him. Dwight Howard doesn't seem like he's all in with the Lakers. He doesn't even seem healthy.

reffahead
01-21-2013, 01:56 AM
If Dwight resigns, he and Nash will equate to about 30 million alone. Nash has finally starting to decline so he will at best be a back up by then. I would be surprised if he even plays out the entire contract.

YouCan'tBeatLA
01-21-2013, 02:13 AM
Ya except that cancer netted u Dwight so your argument is baseless.

Thank you for proving my initial argument of "We don't rebuild, we reload" even further. I appreciate it, dude!

Guppyfighter
01-21-2013, 02:13 AM
Thank you for proving my initial argument of "We don't rebuild, we reload" even further. I appreciate it, dude!

Enjoy rebuilding.

LakersMaster24
01-21-2013, 04:13 AM
Enjoy rebuilding.

:laugh2: Bitter non Lakers fans.

The funny thing? The Lakers will probably win AT LEAST 1-2 rings in the next 4-6 years, while the rest of the NBA continues to suck ****.

smiddy012
01-21-2013, 04:17 AM

The funny thing? The Lakers will probably win AT LEAST 1-2 rings in the next 4-6 years, while the rest of the NBA continues to suck ****.

:crazy:

TrueFan420
01-21-2013, 04:31 AM
I've been thinking about this today. Obviously the first move they make is Gasol, but assuming that's too little too late to turn things around by the deadline, I think after that the next thing might be Kobe floating the idea of a trade to a playoff team (if not quite demanding one) - I have a hard time seeing him being satisfied with risking missing the playoffs this year just in hopes they manage to keep the same team together next year, and I feel if he wants out then the Lakers could be convinced that moving him and Pau and giving the keys to Dwight could be the best way to get Dwight to re-sign.
The two best teams I could come up with were GSW (maybe a Lee+Barnes type package) or Memphis (Gay+), both of which could go some way to kick-starting a rebuild and keeping Dwight on, while allowing Kobe to contend for the last two years of his career.

I haven't really seen it talked about much yet, I think because everyone's been assuming that they'll turn it around and that if they don't they'll just move Pau - but I think a possible Kobe trade could become a real story before too long.
Warriors wouldn't trade lee and Barnes for either gasol or Kobe

More-Than-Most
01-21-2013, 04:49 AM
Howard sees the young talent the sixers have and will come to Philly :pray:

Guppyfighter
01-21-2013, 04:56 AM

You caught me. I am losing sleep over the Lakers.

shep33
01-21-2013, 05:02 AM
If Dwight resigns, he and Nash will equate to about 30 million alone. Nash has finally starting to decline so he will at best be a back up by then. I would be surprised if he even plays out the entire contract.

We could easily trade Nash who'd be an expiring, but he can still play at a high level offensively. Dude is as efficient as ever. He might even retire by then.

I personally think if Dwight stays, LA will be the best scenario for him in two years. The franchise becomes his, he gets a max deal, gets to be in movies/tv shows, and has the entire city of LA behind him.

Now... I have no clue what he's going to do lol. But in 2 years, we can build him any team he wants basically.

monty77
01-21-2013, 06:53 AM
No way. In the last 15 years Lakers have never gone through as rebuilding stage and it's impossible that next 2-3 years they plan to do it. There were 2 years, after O'Neal departure, when Lakers weren't contenders, but after it, they signed Gasol and reached three successive NBA finals.

I can't imagine Kobe Bryant playing without the chance of win championship, and I don't believe that he sign by other team so if Howard leaves the team, it's easy to see Lakers signing another good player in free agent market this summer.

That is why Lakers haven't traded Pau Gasol yet. They want to keep a good core to surround Kobe Bryant, and Pau could be the next Lakers center. If they sign a player such as Josh Smith to play as PF, they would be a contender with a lineup as: Nash, Kobe, Metta, Smith and Pau.

This lineup would be even better to D'Antoni system as Smith fit better than Pau Gasol to PF position. Howard is a spoiled brat, and Lakers will be better without him. Nobody realizes that he is playing without enthusiasm? :confused:

He has created bad climate in the locker room. However, if L.A.L want to fight to win, they must to change this coach because D'Antoni is no the man. Even Steve Van Gundy, or Scott Skiles would be better coach than him. :hide:

LakerRaffy
01-21-2013, 11:56 AM
Lakers need to rebuild. I am so disgusted...sure hope my Dodgers dont lay an egg this year. Looks like NOR CAL has our number this year...F%$K ME.

OA SLAY
01-21-2013, 12:29 PM
MJ coudda at least took this roster to the playoffs!

BenFrank
01-21-2013, 12:40 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=amt3y4e

Corey
01-21-2013, 12:42 PM

Great, that doesn't mean Dwight will want to stay.

You're*

Big Zo
01-21-2013, 12:47 PM
If D'antoni is still there, I think he leaves, and they'll have some trouble attracting free agents.

naps
01-21-2013, 12:49 PM
That's what happens when you play with a me-first player. I think the Lakers ****ed themselves up when they gave Kobe that albatross contract. If things go the way they are going I don't see Dwight sticking in LA just to watch a 77 years old Kobe leading the league in shot attempts.

Iron24th
01-21-2013, 01:22 PM
Dwight is leaving its pretty obvious. maybe the Lakers could amnesty Pau after the season and sign Andrew Bynum the guy they traded for Dwight since Dwight is leaving.

:facepalm: hater

todu82
01-21-2013, 01:32 PM
Yeah, I can't see Howard resigning there. Also the Lakers are the type of team that doesn't rebuild they just reload.

markbutter
01-21-2013, 01:46 PM

Transplanted Piston fan here in SoCal.

As for more money, they can and alot of contracts do come off in summer of 2014. But figure they will lock up Kobe for another two years, so that's going to be ~minimum 12-15M, and that's if Kobe gives a home town deal.

Throw in the ~18M minimum they will throw at Dwight, and that's 33-35M for two players. One on the back end of his career another who will be 30 that season. . . And there's upside for Dwight?

I think he leaves. He doesn't like the spotlight. The Lakers (at least with Kobe) are strictly business. He won't want all the glare on him. That's why he's going to Atlanta with his buddy CP3 after the season, or the Clips do a SnT with the Lakers for Howard (again with CP3s hand involved.. They won't get Blake. But throw in D. Jordan, Bledsoe, a bloated contract and some picks, and the Lakers can rebuild or reload.

However, with the new CBA, even though money may not be an issue with the Lakers, paying the lux tax is now a consideration. Unless you're winning chips, what reason will the Buss's have for paying a crapload of lux tax?

markbutter
01-21-2013, 01:48 PM
Nobody is taking Gasol with two sore knees and 19M due next year. At least what the Lakers get in return will be utterly worthless to them.

markbutter
01-21-2013, 01:52 PM
Nobody is taking Gasol with two sore knees and 19M due next season. The only team that might, would be a trade of Gay from Memphis. Call it a re-union. But I don't think Memphis makes that trade, if at all until the summer. They want to get below the cap this summer, not next.

king4day
01-21-2013, 02:00 PM
Possibly. But a franchise as well run as the Lakers rebuilding process will be exponentially faster than most.

I don't know I'd entirely agree. Bynum fell into their lap when they picked him a bunch of years ago (I think 9th). He was a key piece to becoming elite again. Without him, they would have been successful but they wouldn't have had enough to deal for Howard and may not have been able to win any of the two championships (debatable).

I think LA needs to decide if they feel they are true contenders or not. They could get a lot of young pieces if they trade Howard, Nash, and Gasol.
You also have a coach who needs specific pieces to be effective.

If the Lakers are brought back down to earth, I don't know that free agents would choose them over the Clippers now. LA doesn't have a first rounder in 2 of the next 3 years.
Imagine Howard walks? That would be a major blow since they would have nothing to show for it (outside of maybe a trade exception if the receiving team is willing to help them out).

markbutter
01-21-2013, 02:01 PM
Well, they didn't sign Pau. At the time, he was traded from Memphis to LA for Marc Gasol + ??? and many at the time complained the Lakers fleeced Memphis.

The Lakers will reload as they always do. But if you're looking at LA vs. maybe a Houston or SA or any team in FL, the Lakers are going to have to offer ~10% more due to taxes, say nothing of the cost of living. With the new CBA, there's no more "pay the most without a second thought."

markbutter
01-21-2013, 02:08 PM
They aren't trading Nash, not after just signing him and who would give up talented young pieces? Only someone with a chance at a chip the next two years and needs only a PG. Don't know of any teams right now.

Trade Howard? He'd have to guarantee that he'd resign. Not enough time to work that before the deadline.

Gasol ? Two creeky knees and due 19M next year. Who's giving up young talent for that?

lakerfan85
01-21-2013, 02:36 PM
Actually, pretty good. I don't revolve my existence around my favorite sports teams a) because I'm not 14 years old and b) I have a life.

Conversely, how does it feel basing your entire existence on an embarrassment of a floundering team with lofty expectations?

1. I'm not 14 but hey nice try.. 2. You have a life yet you feel the need to call other posters tools?? 3. Are the lakers playing like ****? Yep!! But at least I know it won't stay that way forever.. As a matter of fact I bet the lakers win another title before the magic do.. Oh wait never mind.. Good day sir...

AddiX
01-21-2013, 02:39 PM
I think it's quite obvious Kobe and Dwight can't work together. You don't get even a hint that they like playing together.

Kobe was supposed to become a a star who understood his role with Dwight in la. Instead he decided to handle the ball more if possible and shoot more. That tells you everything you need to know about how Kobe sees Dwight and the future of the lakers.

markbutter
01-21-2013, 03:02 PM
I think it's quite obvious Kobe and Dwight can't work together. You don't get even a hint that they like playing together.

Kobe was supposed to become a a star who understood his role with Dwight in la. Instead he decided to handle the ball more if possible and shoot more. That tells you everything you need to know about how Kobe sees Dwight and the future of the lakers.

It's not that they can't work together. It's the system. Just because your offense creativity is great and you bring in the top defender in the league to quell talks of no defense, doesn't mean said defender makes your offense better.

Kobe had to pound the ball early with Howard and Nash working on rehab and/or out. Howard needs to be rode / guided a bit. The last person who expected the most out of him was SVG. . .and look what happened to him. You've heard Magic, Jalen, Chuck, etc., say they see Howard not fully into it. Missing some D assignments, etc., Can you imagine what the pressure will be on Dwight once he's the man? He doesn't like the spotlight.

And the offense isn't suited to him. It's not SSOL, but it's push the ball up. It's tough to run up court, try and get position and then demand the ball when the ball is already in the air.

farren.louis
01-21-2013, 03:11 PM
dwight doesnt have a reason to stay

NYtilIdie
01-21-2013, 03:24 PM

Oh, so did 04-08 never happen?

reffahead
01-21-2013, 04:43 PM
I don't see the Lakers making the playoffs this year. Even if they do, they draw a hard matchup either way. They would surely be soften up for the 2nd round opponent at best scenario. They need to allow Nash to be ball dominant.

As for Dwight, he may find it easier to circumvent teams to the finals in the East...

Tony_Starks
01-21-2013, 04:44 PM
People are aware the combination of Kobe, Nash, Pau, and Howard have played together like a whopping 11 games right? 2 of which Howard got ejected from.

I mean they're still completely messing up but lets not pretend that Lakers have had any kind of consistent unit.....

markbutter
01-21-2013, 04:56 PM
People are aware the combination of Kobe, Nash, Pau, and Howard have played together like a whopping 11 games right? 2 of which Howard got ejected from.

I mean they're still completely messing up but lets not pretend that Lakers have had any kind of consistent unit.....

True. But I would have expected a combination of Kobe, Nash, Pau and Howard would not have lost 8 of their last 10.

Tony_Starks
01-21-2013, 04:57 PM
^They didn't. Gasol just got back from a concussion a couple games ago and Dwight missed some of those games with a hurt shoulder....

ILLUSIONIST^248
01-21-2013, 04:58 PM
:crazy:

Yeah because history says the lakers will suck for the next 20 years!

ILLUSIONIST^248
01-21-2013, 05:03 PM
That's what happens when you play with a me-first player. I think the Lakers ****ed themselves up when they gave Kobe that albatross contract. If things go the way they are going I don't see Dwight sticking in LA just to watch a 77 years old Kobe leading the league in shot attempts.

Yeah sucks for us. HE only brought us 5 rings. If only he could have done better like lebron and get only one...

HoodedSB
01-21-2013, 05:15 PM
Oh, so did 04-08 never happen?
Lol troll. The lakers made it to the finals in 04 and 08, not sure if that qualifies as rebuilding guy.

edit: wtf is the deal with the post above me???

THE MTL
01-21-2013, 05:52 PM
No way Dwight leaves all that money on the table.

John Walls Era
01-21-2013, 05:56 PM
True Rebuilding? Never. Maybe a few tune ups. Lakers have had the best string of championship contending decades in the history of the game. It'll continue because Lakers can attract stars (number of reasons for this) and/or attract high potential rookies.

LoveMeOrHateMe
01-21-2013, 05:58 PM

:rolleyes:

Tony_Starks
01-21-2013, 08:20 PM
The same people that keep saying Dwight is leaving are the same ones that were saying he would never come to LA in the first place.......

Guppyfighter
01-21-2013, 08:39 PM
The same people that keep saying Dwight is leaving are the same ones that were saying he would never come to LA in the first place.......

I never no such thing.

bholly
01-21-2013, 09:27 PM
Gasol's been benched:

KEVIN DING ‏@KevinDing
Pau Gasol is out as Lakers' starter, Mike D'Antoni said. Permanently.

KEVIN DING ‏@KevinDing
D'Antoni wants to play his way: small. "We're better when we're small." Earl Clark is the new starting power forward.

justinnum1
01-21-2013, 09:35 PM
Gasol's been benched:

lmao!

he is getting traded for sure.

i think its the right move.

TheSource
01-21-2013, 09:37 PM
Trade D'Antoni for George Karl.

MiamiBoy77
01-21-2013, 09:38 PM
the only real kobe trade i could see is to his hometown sixers...

Turner, Thaddeus Young, Hawes, Picks.

Similar to what heat gave for shaq years ago

ThunderousDemon
01-21-2013, 09:50 PM
the only real kobe trade i could see is to his hometown sixers...

Turner, Thaddeus Young, Hawes, Picks.

Similar to what heat gave for shaq years ago

lol

Tony_Starks
01-21-2013, 10:20 PM
lmao!

he is getting traded for sure.

i think its the right move.

Benching him would only decrease his trade value. If they really wanted to trade him (which I think they shouldn't) they should be showcasing him. His trade value is at a alltime low right now.......

waveycrockett
01-21-2013, 10:23 PM
Who cares? There not a playoff team with him and 3 allstars around him.

KingPosey
01-21-2013, 10:37 PM
Why doesn't the very first of this 300th thread on the same topic just stay up in the NBA forum? How many times does this get asked with all the same answers?

NYtilIdie
01-21-2013, 11:10 PM
Lol troll. The lakers made it to the finals in 04 and 08, not sure if that qualifies as rebuilding guy.

edit: wtf is the deal with the post above me???

You lost both times there "guy". You blew up after 04' and proceeded to do next to nothing up until the halfway mark during the 08' season when you guys got Pau. So yeah, you're right you guys weren't rebuilding, you were doing absolutely nothing.

JOSKOMANG4
01-21-2013, 11:36 PM
i wrote this in trade ideas.

3 way deal!

- nets acquire c dwight howard
- wolves acquire c/pf p.gasol, sg m.brooks, and 2 1st rd picks from nets.
- lakers acquire c b.lopez, pf k.love, and pg l.ridnour.

lakers lineup:
c-lopez pf-love sf-metta sg-kobe pg-nash.

DumDum
01-22-2013, 02:08 AM
he must be ashamed. To be be a Laker where they have had so many hall of fame Bigs and he wont even make to the playoffs with LA. On top that to be on this ''Super team'' that is going down in ash. If he stays its for the money and he might grew old in LA waiting for a playoff team. If he leaves he is ring chasing and will have the entire laker fan base hating him. Its a classic case of damned if you do and damned if you don't

Hellcrooner
01-22-2013, 02:17 AM
he must be ashamed. To be be a Laker where they have had so many hall of fame Bigs and he wont even make to the playoffs with LA. On top that to be on this ''Super team'' that is going down in ash. If he stays its for the money and he might grew old in LA waiting for a playoff team. If he leaves he is ring chasing and will have the entire laker fan base hating him. Its a classic case of damned if you do and damned if you don't

Kareem missed the playoffs with l.a
Whats the problem?

DumDum
01-22-2013, 02:24 AM
he also won the champion chip it was showtime not this dumpster fire.

Sevilla91
01-22-2013, 02:32 AM

Doesnt matter, next year the tax increase goes in effect and even the lakers said they wont be able to afford 3 players like pau, kobe, and dwight

Sevilla91
01-22-2013, 02:33 AM

3 way deal!

lakers lineup:

horrible, why would the wolves do that?

HoodedSB
01-22-2013, 02:39 AM
You lost both times there "guy". You blew up after 04' and proceeded to do next to nothing up until the halfway mark during the 08' season when you guys got Pau. So yeah, you're right you guys weren't rebuilding, you were doing absolutely nothing.

Um, okay. So there was those two years where they didn't acquire a marquee FA or win/compete for a chip. Ya got me. Man, these lakers suck I should really stop rooting for them.

richiesaurus310
01-22-2013, 02:40 AM

3 way deal!

lakers lineup:
Why the fuq would the wolves do that?

justinnum1
01-22-2013, 03:01 AM

3 way deal!

lakers lineup:
worst trade ever.

Kuya_Clive
01-22-2013, 03:43 AM

3 way deal!

lakers lineup:

Wolves would get absolutely raped in that deal and the Lakers are not gonna get an all-star back for Gasol. His value is at an all time low. Also, Lopez is playing better than Dwight other than rebounding so I don't see why the Nets would do that either. This is turrible...just turrible.

JOSKOMANG4
01-22-2013, 11:40 PM
[/B]iI'm hearing all of this negative feedback regarding my trade proposal, especially saying that Minnesota in "getting raped" in the deal,

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--kevin-love-remains-unsure-about-timberwolves--future-200009299.html

As mentioned in this article, it clearly shows Kevin Love wants out of Minnesota and pretty much will not sign a long term deal.

What will the wolves receive in this deal.

PF P.Gasol- a prooven veteran who needs a change of scenery in the worst way. Gasol is currently on a laker team with eog-hungry players(howard, nash, kobe). On the wolves, gasol will add that prooven leadership.

SG- M.Brooks. They honestly have no1 at SG on their roster capable of starting. Brandon Roy would of been a great acquisition four years ago but he clearly is still on his last legs. Brooks, a young talented player, who's still under contract for the next two seasons, would be a great addition to a lineup w/Rubio as his backcourt company.

2-1st rd picks! Yes Brooklyn may be a perennial playoff team w/this trade, but 1st rd picks are still a hot commodity.

To add: Your relinquishing the contract of Luke Ridnour, who's pretty much costing you around 4mill as the teams 3rd PG(Rubio, barea).

Wolves Lineup:

C- Pekovic
PF- Gasol
SF- Ak47
SG- Brooks
PG- Rubio

Key Bench: D.Williams, Schevd, Barea, Budinger

JOSKOMANG4
01-22-2013, 11:44 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine *Disregard Stack to LAL

Lakers would acquire a nice tandem in Lopez & Love, both California Residents. Both under contract for the next 4 years.

C-Lopez
PF- LOve
SF- Metta
SG- Kobe
PG- Nash

BleedingGreen9
01-23-2013, 12:06 AM
[/B]iI'm hearing all of this negative feedback regarding my trade proposal, especially saying that Minnesota in "getting raped" in the deal,

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--kevin-love-remains-unsure-about-timberwolves--future-200009299.html

As mentioned in this article, it clearly shows Kevin Love wants out of Minnesota and pretty much will not sign a long term deal.

What will the wolves receive in this deal.

PF P.Gasol- a prooven veteran who needs a change of scenery in the worst way. Gasol is currently on a laker team with eog-hungry players(howard, nash, kobe). On the wolves, gasol will add that prooven leadership.

SG- M.Brooks. They honestly have no1 at SG on their roster capable of starting. Brandon Roy would of been a great acquisition four years ago but he clearly is still on his last legs. Brooks, a young talented player, who's still under contract for the next two seasons, would be a great addition to a lineup w/Rubio as his backcourt company.

2-1st rd picks! Yes Brooklyn may be a perennial playoff team w/this trade, but 1st rd picks are still a hot commodity.

To add: Your relinquishing the contract of Luke Ridnour, who's pretty much costing you around 4mill as the teams 3rd PG(Rubio, barea).

Wolves Lineup:

C- Pekovic
PF- Gasol
SF- Ak47
SG- Brooks
PG- Rubio

Key Bench: D.Williams, Schevd, Barea, Budinger

this is one of the funniest things ive ever read on here

SINCESTARBURY25
01-23-2013, 12:18 AM
Dwight to the Rockets, the mavericks or to his house.