PDA

View Full Version : So how does OKC still have a "likable" reputation?

Clippersfan86
01-20-2013, 11:18 PM
The Sultans of Flop aka RefKC. Why does this team continue to have a great reputation as "America's team" and a feel good story with nice guys? Not only do they get BS refereeing in their favor most games but their supposedly humble players spend an awful lot of time going after refs this year and acting like cocky punks on the court.

It's official, this team flops more than any team in the NBA for the 2012-2013 NBA season. Just tonight alone poor Denver endured 7 flops by OKC just in the last 3 quarters of the game (all I watched, that's till this point).

I saw a few laughable plays tonight where KD pushed players, fell to the ground and got free throws. What kind of ******** is this? I haven't seen this in my entire 15 years or so of NBA viewing where a player consistently gets these calls every night.

king4day
01-20-2013, 11:21 PM
Because Durant is likeable. However, after seeing them twice against the Suns, I think Westbrook is the type of personality who can make a fan hate their team. I no longer will root for them unless it's against the Lakers or Spurs, in the West.

Clippersfan86
01-20-2013, 11:22 PM
Because Durant is likeable. However, after seeing them twice against the Suns, I think Westbrook is the type of personality who can make a fan hate their team. I no longer will root for them unless it's against the Lakers or Spurs, in the West.

Durant was the only player I liked in previous years along with maybe Collison but this year he's become unbearable too. Dude gets 20 free throws regularly, has the nerve to go after refs when he gets nonstop love from them. Flops like a fish despite initiating 90 percent of the contact himself.

Guppyfighter
01-20-2013, 11:28 PM
You make people hate the Clippers.

"Blake Griffin doesn't flop that much."

canefandynasty
01-20-2013, 11:33 PM
I think Durant and Rose are fake good guys.

RealLiveBear
01-20-2013, 11:37 PM
Umad bro?

Clippersfan86
Now Westbrook randomly blocks the Nuggets mascot's shot twice. This is after hitting a 3 and celebrating like a rock star.

RealLiveBear
But really, look when durant get's D up and a lot of the calls they let go, It could be worse.

WVNowitzki
01-20-2013, 11:40 PM
A Clipper fan starting this thread. Laughable at best. Stern really does want to give this team a title though, I will give you that.

WVNowitzki
01-20-2013, 11:41 PM
double.

ThaDubs
01-20-2013, 11:41 PM
No offense but the last person who should be making a thread like this is a Clippers fan.

kswissdaf
01-20-2013, 11:42 PM
Blake Griffin fan calls player out for flopping.........is this real life?

YoungOne
01-20-2013, 11:49 PM
somebody is mad?

sep11ie
01-20-2013, 11:53 PM
Says the Clippers fan...

PurpleJesus
01-20-2013, 11:56 PM
Can't be pointed out too many times...a Clippers fan is complaining about another team flopping.

Clippersfan86
01-21-2013, 12:00 AM
Again we are talking about this year. The Clippers flopped last year, I can admit that. People also kicked the **** out of them in the media and forums for it... while OKC retains their good reputation?

stawka
01-21-2013, 12:03 AM
The only thing good about OKC is their fans. Their home crowd is great, even their few fans on PSD are pretty good!

Durant is a flopping ****** who gets EVERY call.
Westbrook is a little punk... As if you do that to the team mascot you fool.
Perkins is a fake tough guy.
Their coach is Emilio Estivez's twin.
The refs are part of their Front Office.

And people say the Miami team is classless. They did some stupid **** at the start when they built the team, but you see none of this ******** nowadays and they're still considered the bad guys

Clippersfan86
01-21-2013, 12:04 AM
Yea Miami is far less annoying to me. The only player on Miami who's a straight up douchebag is Wade but Bosh and Lebron are cool as **** and their role players don't irk me.

Guppyfighter
01-21-2013, 12:04 AM
Again we are talking about this year. The Clippers flopped last year, I can admit that. People also kicked the **** out of them in the media and forums for it... while OKC retains their good reputation?

Every Clipper game I have watched I have seen Griffin flop 1-2 times, this year.

Hawkeye15
01-21-2013, 12:05 AM
Does Durant get every call of all time? Yes, but he doesn't flop like Blake and CP3, and I love Paul. The reason they are so well liked by most fanbases, is that they aren't the huge market, we buy rings, normal crap that is force fed down our throats almost every year.

Hawkeye15
01-21-2013, 12:06 AM

reputations are slow to die man. How many people here still say Dirk doesn't play defense, or Randolph is an overrated selfish player. Once you gain a rep for something negative, it takes a loooooooooooong time to dig yourself out.

rocket
01-21-2013, 12:06 AM
Now Westbrook randomly blocks the Nuggets mascot's shot twice. This is after hitting a 3 and celebrating like a rock star.

Wow he should go to jail!

BallIsAll
01-21-2013, 12:07 AM
durant has surpassed griffin in biggest flopper

Clippersfan86
01-21-2013, 12:07 AM
Does Durant get every call of all time? Yes, but he doesn't flop like Blake and CP3, and I love Paul. The reason they are so well liked by most fanbases, is that they are the huge market, we buy rings, normal crap that is force fed down our throats almost every year.

Durant absolutely does flop. He is far more subtle than Blake and CP3 in that he doesn't roll on the floor or do a 360 flip.... but he constantly flails and pretends to get hit when he doesn't.

Hardaway Here
01-21-2013, 12:08 AM
Yea Miami is far less annoying to me. The only player on Miami who's a straight up douchebag is Wade but Bosh and Lebron are cool as **** and their role players don't irk me.

If you say that about Wade you must believe that about Blake as well then too right? I agree that the flopping of OKC is getting a little out of control, but hey Stern wants them in the finals again.

Clippersfan86
01-21-2013, 12:08 AM
reputations are slow to die man. How many people here still say Dirk doesn't play defense, or Randolph is an overrated selfish player. Once you gain a rep for something negative, it takes a loooooooooooong time to dig yourself out.

I agree 100 percent. This is just a straight up fact of life that can't be disputed. Which is weird because it's much easier to build a negative rep than a positive one.. so you're kinda screwed once you get in the bad category.

Clippersfan86
01-21-2013, 12:09 AM
If you say that about Wade you must believe that about Blake as well then too right? I agree that the flopping of OKC is getting a little out of control, but hey Stern wants them in the finals again.

I think yes Griffin absolutely acts like a douche at times, although this year he's toned it way down. Last year he pissed me off constantly by crying to refs, flopping so much and being a straight up bit** at times.

Hawkeye15
01-21-2013, 12:10 AM
Durant absolutely does flop. He is far more subtle than Blake and CP3 in that he doesn't roll on the floor or do a 360 flip.... but he constantly flails and pretends to get hit when he doesn't.

I didn't say he doesn't flop, I said he doesn't do it to the tune of the 2 Clips. Look, I get it. You are trying to defend both guys who have the reputation of flopping, over a guy who sells fouls and gets the benefit. But nobody will buy it man, you are trying to sell something that won't be bought.

mdm692
01-21-2013, 12:11 AM
The Sultans of Flop aka RefKC. Why does this team continue to have a great reputation as "America's team" and a feel good story with nice guys? Not only do they get BS refereeing in their favor most games but their supposedly humble players spend an awful lot of time going after refs this year and acting like cocky punks on the court.

It's official, this team flops more than any team in the NBA for the 2012-2013 NBA season. Just tonight alone poor Denver endured 7 flops by OKC just in the last 3 quarters of the game (all I watched, that's till this point).

I saw a few laughable plays tonight where KD pushed players, fell to the ground and got free throws. What kind of ******** is this? I haven't seen this in my entire 15 years or so of NBA viewing where a player consistently gets these calls every night.

Don't bitr your tongue on that one. CP3 and flop-city are as bad, if not worse, than OKC.

Hawkeye15
01-21-2013, 12:11 AM
I think yes Griffin absolutely acts like a douche at times, although this year he's toned it way down. Last year he pissed me off constantly by crying to refs, flopping so much and being a straight up bit** at times.

Because of this, Blake and Paul has a long ways to go to downplay the reputation THEY earned. Durant has no such negative reputation. Get it yet?

Guppyfighter
01-21-2013, 12:12 AM
You can't sit here and tell me the Clippers do not constantly flop. Take off the homer glasses.

Clippersfan86
01-21-2013, 12:14 AM
I didn't say he doesn't flop, I said he doesn't do it to the tune of the 2 Clips. Look, I get it. You are trying to defend both guys who have the reputation of flopping, over a guy who sells fouls and gets the benefit. But nobody will buy it man, you are trying to sell something that won't be bought.

Actually despite what my motives seem to be... this is 100 percent about OKC to me. Sure the double standard is a part of it to me but I've been watching a bunch of OKC games and it just pisses me off what they get away with is all. I'm shocked Miami got painted as villains and these guys as heroes or something. This isn't about who flops worse but rather why is it acceptable for OKC to do all of the things people supposedly hate and maintain a good rep while other teams do it and get criticized (Heat, Lakers, Clippers, Spurs).

mdm692
01-21-2013, 12:14 AM
This. There is a difference between trying to get to.the line and draw fouls as opposed to acting like you got sniped.

Hawkeye15
01-21-2013, 12:19 AM
Actually despite what my motives seem to be... this is 100 percent about OKC to me. Sure the double standard is a part of it to me but I've been watching a bunch of OKC games and it just pisses me off what they get away with is all. I'm shocked Miami got painted as villains and these guys as heroes or something. This isn't about who flops worse but rather why is it acceptable for OKC to do all of the things people supposedly hate and maintain a good rep while other teams do it and get criticized (Heat, Lakers, Clippers, Spurs).

Look, is it frustrating when your team plays them, and Durant lives at the line? Sure. But he isn't rolling around on the ground like Bruce Lee kicked him, he simply get superstar calls. The biggest reason they are loved is they are a small market team that did it all right, versus an evil empire large market that just spends until their eyes bleed. Beyond that, I have never seen Durant not get back on defense because he is so busy crying to the refs. He is likeable, and humble, not brash and cocky.

But beware, the sports world is fickle. It can turn on an athlete at any moment.

Chronz
01-21-2013, 12:22 AM
Clipper fans know flopping when they see it, wats the point in mocking our expertise in a field like this?

sunsfan88
01-21-2013, 06:20 AM
You think Dirk plays defense?

JayW_1023
01-21-2013, 07:37 AM
People like them because they built their team the right way, developing talent and being patient.

Big Zo
01-21-2013, 10:55 AM
People like them because they built their team the right way, developing talent and being patient.

... And moving their players to a different city.

Sportfan
01-21-2013, 11:15 AM
Once they win a title or two, that's usually when fans go sour on a team

RLundi
01-21-2013, 11:26 AM
Blake Griffin fan calls player out for flopping.........is this real life?
:win:

2-ONE-5
01-21-2013, 11:35 AM
I think Durant and Rose are fake good guys.

what?

He115ing
01-21-2013, 12:56 PM
Durant is ok. Westbrook, I dont like. But the best flopping team is Clippers!

JasonJohnHorn
01-21-2013, 03:42 PM
You obviously never saw Jordan play then ;-)

tredigs
01-21-2013, 03:59 PM
All I know is that I watched the 4th quarter +OT in this one and the ratio of actually legit calls to screaming/blathering fans calling for OKC's blood was hilarious. I don't know if it's jealousy or what, but it stinks in here.

Nats_vcu-Okc35
01-21-2013, 05:19 PM
This is just a gut feeling, but a superstar in a down year for scoring is getting calls? A driving guard draws questionable contact? (Could be either the clips or okc to be honest) The league is built for this, this year. The league has obviously backed down from its "no more flopping" stance, after they handed out some questionable warnings, and they realized that players just aren't scoring at the same rate for whatever reason this year. This isn't just okc its league-wide, and its about inflating scoring statistics is my sense. Not saying I agree with it, but this league has always put scoring first when it comes to a league stance.

Baller1
01-21-2013, 05:37 PM
I guess attacking the basket at will doesn't justify getting a lot of contact calls. KD and Westbrook are two of the most relentless/best in the league at attacking the basket. Durant has a small frame and consistently gets to the basket... What does that equate to? A lot of free throws. Weird, I know.

Redskins10
01-21-2013, 05:42 PM
Am I missing something or is a Clippers fan complaining about another team's flopping?

I've seen it all.

Redskins10
01-21-2013, 05:44 PM

This happened two days ago.. Clips are still flopping.

http://i.minus.com/ibyflagecSGuT1.gif

ILLUSIONIST^248
01-21-2013, 05:56 PM

I just hate westbrook. He thinks he's sucha badass. Any time he makes a play he has to let the world know what he did.

bholly
01-21-2013, 06:00 PM

It's official? Are there stats on this or something? Or did the league make a proclamation?

king4day
01-21-2013, 06:01 PM
Going to close this one out. It's just become a hate thread.