PDA

View Full Version : Wade still the best SG

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

canefandynasty
01-20-2013, 04:04 PM
Kobe and Harden playing like ish right now, and Wade is just getting warmer. This is where he starts to do his damage since historically, Wade is a slow starter. It's obvious that both Harden and Kobe overachieved at the start of the season, and now they're starting to level off to where they should be. Likewise, Wade has underachieved, and is now playing to where he should be: a 25+ PER player. Talentwise, Wade is the 2nd best guard in the league. Only CP3 is better IMO.

LoveMeOrHateMe
01-20-2013, 04:06 PM
Want a cookie?

Chronz
01-20-2013, 04:07 PM
Yea it does seem that Kobe has burned himself out, while Wade is pacing himself for the stretch run.

gaughan333
01-20-2013, 04:10 PM
Threads like this are unnecessary in the nba forum

ManRam
01-20-2013, 04:10 PM
How long were you waiting for this moment to post this ;)

The tales of Wade's demise where vastly exaggerated. He hasn't been his normal top 3-5 player in the league self...but he's been great. Kobe's crashing down to Earth...remember when people thought he could magically shoot over 50% in a season...and Harden is seeing less team success.

It's hard for me to say "Kobe has to do so much more", because he's playing with Dwight, Pau and Nash, but he almost does. Some of that might be his own fault, but still...

I think at this point Kobe is still having a slightly better season, but it's basically a three way tie between those three star SGs.

KnicksorBust
01-20-2013, 04:15 PM
Kobe-Wade-Harden the elite SGs. At this point being aggressively in favor of any 1 of them over the other 2 would be foolish.

canefandynasty
01-20-2013, 04:15 PM
How long were you waiting for this moment to post this ;)

The tales of Wade's demise where vastly exaggerated. He hasn't been his normal top 3-5 player in the league self...but he's been great. Kobe's crashing down to Earth...remember when people thought he could magically shoot over 50% in a season...and Harden is seeing less team success.

It's hard for me to say "Kobe has to do so much more", because he's playing with Dwight, Pau and Nash, but he almost does. Some of that might be his own fault, but still...

I think at this point Kobe is still having a slightly better season, but it's basically a three way tie between those three star SGs.

Replace Kobe with Wade, and the Lakers become a much better team IMO. I think the difference would be the face that Wade is a better playmaker, and would put at least some effort on defense. He would take smarter shots and not shoot his team out of the game like Kobe. I honestly don't think the Lakers would perform nearly as bad with Wade.

shep33
01-20-2013, 04:18 PM
Kobe leads the NBA in minutes. He looks dead out there. Can't take games off though, and he has no reliable backup.

canefandynasty
01-20-2013, 04:20 PM
Kobe-Wade-Harden the elite SGs. At this point being aggressively in favor of any 1 of them over the other 2 would be foolish.
I don't really see it as that. I see it as Kobe and Harden overachieving while Wade underachieving. Hence, why all 3 are on about the same level right now, but I think by the end of the season we will see who's really the best SG in the league which is easily Wade IMO. Things are starting to play the way they should as Kobe and Harden are leveling off while Wade is getting warmer. By the end of the season I expect Wade to be a 25+ PER, and Harden and Kobe 22-23ish PER.

b@llhog24
01-20-2013, 04:23 PM
Kobe leads the NBA in minutes. He looks dead out there. Can't take games off though, and he has no reliable backup.

Who's Harden's reliable backup? Toney Douglas? :confused:

ManRam
01-20-2013, 04:23 PM
Replace Kobe with Wade, and the Lakers become a much better team IMO. I think the difference would be the face that Wade is a better playmaker, and would put at least some effort on defense. He would take smarter shots and not shoot his team out of the game like Kobe. I honestly don't think the Lakers would perform nearly as bad with Wade.

I'm not gonna say I disagree, because I think some of the chemistry and the poor play of Pau/Nash/Dwight falls on his shoulders with how he plays offensively...

But he's been great individually...probably better than Wade all things considered.

All these minutes might come back to ruin the Lakers (if they aren't already).

b@llhog24
01-20-2013, 04:24 PM

+1.

I don't really see it as that. I see it as Kobe and Harden overachieving while Wade underachieving. Hence, why all 3 are on about the same level right now, but I think by the end of the season we will see who's really the best SG in the league which is easily Wade IMO. Things are starting to play the way they should as Kobe and Harden are leveling off while Wade is getting warmer. By the end of the season I expect Wade to be a 25+ PER, and Harden and Kobe 22-23ish PER.

PER isn't everything.

shep33
01-20-2013, 04:25 PM

Wade is a great player, but he doesn't have the responsibility that Kobe has. We now have to put Kobe on opposing team pg's, he has to carry the load on the perimeter because nobody else can score outside of Nash. We've never had a backup SG close to Ray Allen's level.

It also helps when you play with the greatest player in the NBA.

--23--
01-20-2013, 04:29 PM
I still think Kobe is the best SG, but the amount of minutes he's playing at his age will catch up and burn him out quickly.

shep33
01-20-2013, 04:34 PM
I still think Kobe is the best SG, but the amount of minutes he's playing at his age will catch up and burn him out quickly.

This, I mean if Wade has to play every game and leads the league in minutes per game to give his team a chance, his body would break down and his stats would drop. It's just natural that your production starts to dip when you get worn out.

KnicksorBust
01-20-2013, 04:35 PM
And that's fine but you're speculating based on opinion. The thought that Harden is overachieving seems foolish when his effeciency has dropped to a predictable level with his rise in usage. Let's not forget he's 23. I don't think he's peaked just yet. :)

shep33
01-20-2013, 04:35 PM
Either way, both are great SG's as is Harden. I think Kobe has a slight edge this season, who cares.

Tony_Starks
01-20-2013, 04:38 PM
Kobe is still the best. He's being asked to defend the other teams best perimeter player, put up 30 a night, keep Dwight and Gasol involved, all on max minutes. 30-5-5 on 47% in that kind of situation at his age is ridiculous.....

Chi~TwnHawksFan
01-20-2013, 04:49 PM
GTFO of here with this garbage, wade is not and never will be better then the Mamba. And i am NOT a Kobe fan, but when i see sttupidity, i recognize it, and this is stupid. If you put Wade on LAL, and Kobe on MIA, MIA is undefeated, and LAL will have no wins yet.haah

THE MTL
01-20-2013, 04:51 PM
Kobe Bryant still is better than Wade. He has been a beast this season. Efficiency thru the roof. So what he's had a few bad games recently, Wade's been bad for 50% of the current season.

Green_Monster
01-20-2013, 04:54 PM
Kobe Bryant is the best. He has a better PER, TS%, eFG%, WS/48, ORtg, DRtg, etc, than Dwyane Wade. He leads Wade in almost every category.

SteBO
01-20-2013, 04:57 PM
Either way, both are great SG's as is Harden. I think Kobe has a slight edge this season, who cares.
Good to see an objective Laker fan response on this topic, as opposed to same old rah rah nonsense I'm always reading when it comes to these best SG in the game discussions. Respect.

Im_in_Mia_bish
01-20-2013, 04:59 PM
lol

Hawkeye15
01-20-2013, 05:04 PM
Kobe leading the league in minutes is going to hurt the Lakers down the stretch, but its not like they have much of a choice. He will be so burned out at seasons end.

Right now, there are 3 elite SG's. We could make this thread about either of them 15 times during the season.

Vidball
01-20-2013, 05:08 PM
Comparisons forum?

Thunder-Sooner
01-20-2013, 05:09 PM
He might put up better numbers, but at no point in his career will Wade be better than Bryant.

KnicksorBust
01-20-2013, 05:11 PM
GTFO of here with this garbage, wade is not and never will be better then the Mamba. And i am NOT a Kobe fan, but when i see sttupidity, i recognize it, and this is stupid. If you put Wade on LAL, and Kobe on MIA, MIA is undefeated, and LAL will have no wins yet.haah

Signs you just might be a Kobe fan:

1. You start your posts with profanity.
2. You call him "Mamba."
3. You claim ridiculous things like MIA would be undefeated with Kobe instead of Wade.

:)

shep33
01-20-2013, 05:13 PM
Good to see an objective Laker fan response on this topic, as opposed to same old rah rah nonsense I'm always reading when it comes to these best SG in the game discussions. Respect.

It's a coin flip between the two in my opinion. Some days Wade is better, some days Kobe is. Wade was better last year, Kobe better this year, but I mean they're so close I could care less. Both are the top 2 either way, with Harden coming around.

BIG worm
01-20-2013, 05:13 PM
Wade is not the second best guard in the league, you have to be kidding me.

bucketss
01-20-2013, 05:16 PM
He might put up better numbers, but at no point in his career will Wade be better than Bryant.

he was in 2009

Sota4Ever
01-20-2013, 05:29 PM
Take Kobe every time over Wade

Thunder-Sooner
01-20-2013, 05:30 PM
he was in 2009

No he wasn't

bucketss
01-20-2013, 05:43 PM
No he wasn't

your opinion I'll respect it.

amos1er
01-20-2013, 05:44 PM
The OP says "still the best sg" like he was ever the best sg to begin with. :rolleyes:

A few decent games and these Wadebuffs are all worked up. lol how cute.

championships
01-20-2013, 05:45 PM
Wade was never the best SG.

Chacarron
01-20-2013, 05:50 PM
Wade plays D right? I'll take him.

bucketss
01-20-2013, 05:52 PM
Wade was never the best SG.

i don't think 1 person thought kobe was better than wade in 2011.

sep11ie
01-20-2013, 05:52 PM
Gram is better

Hawkeye15
01-20-2013, 05:56 PM
i don't think 1 person thought kobe was better than wade in 2011.

I know an entire fanbase, minus their few rational posters, here on PSD that disagree with you.

Andrew32
01-20-2013, 06:15 PM
Wade was clearly the best SG in the league from 2009-2012.
He was the best in 2005 & 2006 also.

Only Kobe stans refuse to accept that and instead pretend Kobe was the best every year. :facepalm:

I think you can argue that Wade is still the best SG in the league.
It isn't clear cut like in 2010 and 2011 but he has a good case.

He is sacrificing stats and playing less minutes for the benefit of his team.
Plus Wade dominated Kobe the other night. Locked him up and forced him into many difficult jumpers.

LAcowBOMBER
01-20-2013, 06:16 PM

Are you saying Kobe doesn't put in effort on defense?

TylerSL
01-20-2013, 06:21 PM
I agree that Kobe/Wade are very close right now, although I give the slight nod to Kobe for now, with Harden below both Kobe/Wade, although he is elite as well.

1.Kobe
2.Wade

3.Harden

4.everyone else.

TylerSL
01-20-2013, 06:23 PM
As others have said, Wade isnt top 3-5 in the league this year as he is accustomed to being, but he is 6-9 range IMO, but has been moving up as of late.

Hawkeye15
Are you saying Kobe doesn't put in effort on defense?

until recently, he wasn't at all on a consistent basis. But that is to be expected when you ask your SG with 1450 games on his knees to play 40 mpg, and score 30 a night.

smith&wesson
I agree that Kobe/Wade are very close right now, although I give the slight nod to Kobe for now, with Harden below both Kobe/Wade, although he is elite as well.

1.Kobe
2.Wade

3.Harden

4.everyone else.

id probably take harden over wade at this point.

amos1er
01-20-2013, 06:24 PM

Only Kobe stans refuse to accept that and instead pretend Kobe was the best every year. :facepalm:

Plus Wade dominated Kobe the other night. Locked him up and forced him into many difficult jumpers.

Ah...there you are...haven't seen you trolling in a while. Same old story though.

mjt20mik
01-20-2013, 06:26 PM
Kobe still the best SG in the league for me

HouRealCoach
01-20-2013, 06:29 PM
This should be good

TylerSL
01-20-2013, 06:29 PM
id probably take harden over wade at this point.

well its all opinion. The 3 of them are so close, its hard to really put them in order, but that was the order I would put them in.

HouRealCoach
01-20-2013, 06:30 PM
I would have to say Kobe though... Either one is understandable, it isn't by a landslide

K0BE8124
01-20-2013, 06:32 PM
lets see Wade play at the age of 34 doing what kobe is doing lead the league in Minutes and Points Per Game. enuff said ... but we are losing at the moment so i dont really give a **** whos better

ATX
01-20-2013, 06:42 PM
Kobe undoubtedly will go down as the better player, and end up in the top 10 all time. Wade has been right there with him as the premiere SG's of the era however, and will probably finish in the top 25 all time if he wins another ring. There have been a few years where Wade arguably has been the better player.

Kobe24FIRE
01-20-2013, 06:48 PM
Maybe, but I want to see how good Lebron or Wade will be at age 34. Because Wade in his prime isn't even close to Kobe in his prime...

bucketss
01-20-2013, 06:51 PM
Maybe, but I want to see how good Lebron or Wade will be at age 34. Because Wade in his prime isn't even close to Kobe in his prime...

kobe is better but not even close? do you remember how unstoppable wade was in his prime?

Supreme LA
01-20-2013, 06:56 PM
kobe is better but not even close? do you remember how unstoppable wade was in his prime?

No I don't but I do remember how unstoppable the refs were when Wade was in his prime. Wade is not close to Kobe and no where near as complete of a player.

bucketss
01-20-2013, 06:59 PM
No I don't but I do remember how unstoppable the refs were when Wade was in his prime. Wade is not close to Kobe and no where near as complete of a player.

lol here come the accuses always discrediting players that stack up to their hero.

Green_Monster
01-20-2013, 07:30 PM

Nope, Kobe Bryant is the best. He has a better PER, TS%, eFG%, WS/48, ORtg, DRtg, etc, than Dwyane Wade. He leads Wade in almost every category.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/pi/shareit/XgbAK

showtym24
01-20-2013, 07:33 PM
Give kobe lebron, and see how he'd look. STFU.

bholly
01-20-2013, 07:33 PM
Kobe and Harden playing like ish right now, and Wade is just getting warmer. This is where he starts to do his damage since historically, Wade is a slow starter. It's obvious that both Harden and Kobe overachieved at the start of the season, and now they're starting to level off to where they should be. Likewise, Wade has underachieved, and is now playing to where he should be: a 25+ PER player. Talentwise, Wade is the 2nd best guard in the league. Only CP3 is better IMO.

What are you basing this on?

His scoring is where he's decreased this season, and over the previous 8 seasons he's averaged 26.0 ppg in November and December, compared to overall averages of 26.2 ppg. It's not like he gets to the new year and his averages skyrocket.

We're really putting his decreased production so far down to being a slow starter?

LJEATON26
01-20-2013, 07:34 PM

So far this season Westbrook is the second best guard in the NBA. Against Wade alone he is better in ever statistical category except blocks and fg%.

justinnum1
01-20-2013, 07:41 PM
Kobe fanboys getting all riled up. lol!

Dade County
01-20-2013, 07:48 PM
Wade has been the best sg for a while now, their really isn't any reason to make this thread, all you are going to get is kobe loyalist saying why Kobe is still the best...smh

This gets old real fast... They believe Kobe is on Jordan's level, they would draft Kobe over Timmy, they believe Kobe is the greatest Laker ever...etc

Kobe is their deity.

abe_froman
01-20-2013, 07:54 PM
i thought he was suppose to be washed up? ...thats what all the threads on here told me over the summer and fall

Teeboy1487
01-20-2013, 08:02 PM
Kobe still the best SG in the league for me
this

JasonJohnHorn
01-20-2013, 08:02 PM
Kobe's scoring average is almost ten points more per game than Wade, not to mention that he's got more rebounds, more assists and more steals, and his TS% is higher.

Wade is simply not playing at the level that Kobe is right now, nor is he playing at the level he himself was playing at a few years ago.

I haven't been checking Wade's numbers every night, but when I have seen it lately, it does suggest he is playing better than he was at the beginning of the season, but still not at the level Kobe is.

And this is coming from a guy who is NOT a fan of Kobe Bryant. Kobe is still the best SG in the league.

justinnum1
01-20-2013, 08:03 PM
where is longhorn at?

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?763323-5-Bold-Predictions&p=23683580#post23683580

Green_Monster
01-20-2013, 08:09 PM
Nope, Kobe Bryant is the best. He has a better PER, TS%, eFG%, WS/48, ORtg, DRtg, etc, than Dwyane Wade. He leads Wade in almost every category.

Wade has been the best sg for a while now, their really isn't any reason to make this thread, all you are going to get is kobe loyalist saying why Kobe is still the best...smh

This gets old real fast... They believe Kobe is on Jordan's level, they would draft Kobe over Timmy, they believe Kobe is the greatest Laker ever...etc

Kobe is their deity.

Read the post above. You're a homer.

BKdoubleStacker
01-20-2013, 08:12 PM
I didnt know there could be fans more obnoxious and ignorant than the cavs fans of the lebron era, but man these heat fans troll like no other.

Its funny how the heat fan base here used to be pretty chill before lebron

ILLUSIONIST^248
01-20-2013, 08:16 PM
Kobe Bryant is the best. He has a better PER, TS%, eFG%, WS/48, ORtg, DRtg, etc, than Dwyane Wade. He leads Wade in almost every category.

^

sammyvine
01-20-2013, 08:22 PM
kobe is better than wade

wade plays with a prime lebron.

Even though kobe is one of the problems with his chucking, gasol isn't the player he was, nash certainly isnt, and howard doesn't look too good as well.

rockbottom2010
01-20-2013, 09:24 PM
kobe is better than wade

wade plays with a prime lebron.

Even though kobe is one of the problems with his chucking, gasol isn't the player he was, nash certainly isnt, and howard doesn't look too good as well.

kobe is playing with gasol and howard in their priime.....oh ya...just to add....steve nash and metta world peace formally know as ron artest

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6anol1xZGM

amazing? more like disaster

KnicksorBust
01-20-2013, 09:29 PM
kobe is playing with gasol and howard in their priime.....oh ya...just to add....steve nash and metta world peace formally know as ron artest

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6anol1xZGM

amazing? more like disaster

Gasol is past his prime. Nash is past his prime and has missed a ton of playing time. And Howard is injured as well. Metta World Peace is also past his prime. This post reeks of baiting and ignorance.

rockbottom2010
01-20-2013, 09:35 PM
Gasol is past his prime. Nash is past his prime and has missed a ton of playing time. And Howard is injured as well. Metta World Peace is also past his prime. This post reeks of baiting and ignorance.

gasol is not past his prime...the guy is 32....he doesn't fit in the D'Antoni system....nash is probably understandable....however he was an all-star last season....and howard is being such a sissy...kobe bryant and allen iverson played through mutiple injuries....look at the size of d12....with the way things are going...i don't expect d12 to be a laker past this summer....and MWP is still contributing for the lakers....so i don't know what your talking about.....

b@llhog24
01-20-2013, 09:37 PM
Wade is the best defender of the bunch, so whatever he gives up in offense. His defense makes it an argument because Harden and Kobe except for a couple of choice games, defensive effort haven't impressed me that much this season. Although Wade's defense isn't as good as it has been in years past.

BKdoubleStacker
01-20-2013, 09:37 PM
gasol is not past his prime...the guy is 32....he doesn't fit in the D'Antoni system....nash is probably understandable....however he was an all-star last season....and howard is being such a sissy...kobe bryant and allen iverson played through mutiple injuries....look at the size of d12....with the way things are going...i don't expect d12 to be a laker past this summer....and MWP is still contributing for the lakers....so i don't know what your talking about.....

I stopped reading after that

b@llhog24
01-20-2013, 09:38 PM
Ah...there you are...haven't seen you trolling in a while. Same old story though.

So that guy can't have an opinion without it being trolling? :confused:

rockbottom2010
01-20-2013, 09:41 PM
Originally Posted by rockbottom2010

ur sad....its unbelievable 32 is past their prime....wow

here we go

hakeem olajuwan
age 32
Houston 72 72 39.6 .517 .188 .756 2.4 8.4 10.8 3.5 1.8 3.4 3.3 3.5 27.8

charles barkley
age 32
1994–95 Phoenix 68 68 35.0 .486 .338 .748 11.1 4.1 1.6 0.7 23.0

larry bird
age 33
1989–90 Boston 75 75 39.3 .473 .333 .930 9.5 7.5 1.4 .8 24.3

i can go on and on about this
are u that dumb BKdoubleStacker

justinnum1
01-20-2013, 09:42 PM
So that guy can't have an opinion without it being trolling? :confused:

the guy you are quoting id the biggest kobe fanboy on his site.

BKdoubleStacker
01-20-2013, 09:48 PM
so this is your dispute? have you even seen gasol play at all the last two years?

Do you really believe that he is still the same player when the lakers won back to back championships?

I dont see what your trying to prove showing 3 other players, that is completely irrelevant as I can show you several examples of players declining as welll

rockbottom2010
01-20-2013, 09:50 PM
so this is your dispute? have you even seen gasol play at all the last two years?

Do you really believe that he is still the same player when the lakers won back to back championships?

I dont see what your trying to prove showing 3 other players, that is completely irrelevant as I can show you several examples of players declining as welll

u haven't seen the lakers gameplay....gasol is a post guy...and second of all...how is it irrevelent...i can get at least 100 guys at the age of 32 that had killer numbers....u just don't know your NBA...thats your problem

canefandynasty
01-20-2013, 09:53 PM
LMAO at the Kobe apologists. Everyone knows if Wade was playing for any other team he would be a 25-5-5 w/ 48-50 FG% easily. Wade is much better than his numbers indicate, and his efficiency will increase as the season progresses. Right now, it's obvious he's preparing for the playoffs, and is arbitrarily taking a backseat to LeBron to avoid fatigue and possibly injuries. If you want to really compare Wade and Kobe, look no further than playoffs where although Kobe has more success, Wade has performed better throughout their careers, especially against elite defenses.

Kobe is known to struggle against top notch defenses in the playoffs, whereas Wade is known to thrive. Kobe has had the luxury of playing with plenty with great players throughout his career. If Iverson or McGrady played with Kobe supporting casts they would also have similar success. Kobe is an individual ttype of player, and isn't known for making players around him better. He has the pieces to work with, he just doesn't know how to facilitate an offense.

I remember when Kobe was playing under Tomjanovich's new system where he actually had to facilitate an offense. Kobe would led the league in turnovers that season had he not been injured.

Hardaway Here
01-20-2013, 09:53 PM
I love Wade I won't say he is the best right now. Kobe has a slight edge that I can respect. To the Laker fans that think Kobe is leagues better then Wade are so delusional. To the ones that think Wade has never had a better season than Kobe again delusional. To the ones saying Wades best numbers are because of refs delusional. Unless its MJ many Kobe fans try so hard to discredit other great players compared to Kobe its just sad. Smh

BKdoubleStacker
01-20-2013, 09:54 PM
yea ok why dont you look at his numbers his first few years compared to the last couple....u just dont know your NBA

why dont you make a poll about it if im so dumb

BKdoubleStacker
01-20-2013, 09:56 PM
u haven't seen the lakers gameplay....gasol is a post guy...and second of all...how is it irrevelent...i can get at least 100 guys at the age of 32 that had killer numbers....u just don't know your NBA...thats your problem

what exactly are you proving guys having good seasons at 32? every player is different. Most guys arent in their primes at 32

canefandynasty
01-20-2013, 09:56 PM
No way Kobe is better than Wade. Replace Kobe with Wade on the Lakers and they would be instant title contenders.

rockbottom2010
01-20-2013, 09:57 PM
yea ok why dont you look at his numbers his first few years compared to the last couple....u just dont know your NBA

why dont you make a poll about it if im so dumb

ur just that stupid...why....theres 4 superstars in that team....gasol is not going have the same numbers like before...especially when howards theres.....and remember this.....phil jacksuon made a huge difference....thats why u don't know **** at end of the day...just stick to ur rams

rockbottom2010
01-20-2013, 09:58 PM
what exactly are you proving guys having good seasons at 32? every player is different. Most guys arent in their primes at 32

go check out antonio davis's stats.....his best numbers were at age 32....please...don't even argue....u don't have any facts....

canefandynasty
01-20-2013, 09:59 PM
How can you have Gasol, Nash, and Dwight friggin Howard on your team, and still be complaining?

KnicksorBust
01-20-2013, 10:00 PM

Gasol is definately past his prime. You concede Nash. Howard being a sissy... do you blame Kobe for that? of course not. And Metta is a shell of "Ron Artest" I don't know what you're talking about. It's not nearly the "dream team" that people were expecting. For you to suggest the contrary is ignorant.

Bingo.

Originally Posted by rockbottom2010

ur sad....its unbelievable 32 is past their prime....wow

here we go

hakeem olajuwan
age 32
Houston 72 72 39.6 .517 .188 .756 2.4 8.4 10.8 3.5 1.8 3.4 3.3 3.5 27.8

charles barkley
age 32
1994–95 Phoenix 68 68 35.0 .486 .338 .748 11.1 4.1 1.6 0.7 23.0

larry bird
age 33
1989–90 Boston 75 75 39.3 .473 .333 .930 9.5 7.5 1.4 .8 24.3

i can go on and on about this
are u that dumb BKdoubleStacker

This post is almost as ignorant as the first. You act as if Gasol being 32 means he's still in his prime just because other players have had good seasons. Gasol is BY FAR having his worst season with the worst PER/TS%/WS Per 48/etc. To act like he's still the same player is just absurd.

rockbottom2010
01-20-2013, 10:00 PM
How can you have Gasol, Nash, and Dwight friggin Howard on your team, and still be complaining?

the biggest mistake the lakers did was letting phil jackson go.....never been same ever since

BKdoubleStacker
01-20-2013, 10:01 PM
ur just that stupid...why....theres 4 superstars in that team....gasol is not going have the same numbers like before...especially when howards theres.....and remember this.....phil jacksuon made a huge difference....thats why u don't know **** at end of the day...just stick to ur rams

Very mature calling me stupid and making blanket statements with no concrete evidence.

Until you actually make a rational argument instead of calling me names I am done.

canefandynasty
01-20-2013, 10:04 PM
the biggest mistake the lakers did was letting phil jackson go.....never been same ever since
Tru dat. Kobe has never won a title w/o Phil and the triangle is perfect for Kobe. Any system that calls for Kobe to facilitate for others a good amount of the time is a nightmare.

rockbottom2010
01-20-2013, 10:04 PM
Gasol is definately past his prime. You concede Nash. Howard being a sissy... do you blame Kobe for that? of course not. And Metta is a shell of "Ron Artest" I don't know what you're talking about. It's not nearly the "dream team" that people were expecting. For you to suggest the contrary is ignorant.

Bingo.

This post is almost as ignorant as the first. You act as if Gasol being 32 means he's still in his prime just because other players have had good seasons. Gasol is BY FAR having his worst season with the worst PER/TS%/WS Per 48/etc. To act like he's still the same player is just absurd.

when u have a team like the lakers have, alot of ppl should be jumping up and down. Eventually that was never the case. The results says it all.

rockbottom2010
01-20-2013, 10:05 PM
Tru dat. Kobe has never won a title w/o Phil and the triangle is perfect for Kobe. Any system that calls for Kobe to facilitate is a nightmare.

thats what im sayin, thats why only me and u can figure that out...same thing when Jackson was the bulls coach in the early 90s.......

BKdoubleStacker
01-20-2013, 10:08 PM
thats what im sayin, thats why only me and u can figure that out

lulzzzzzzzzz

you are a genius man. We are all mere mortal peons among your great presence.

For the record Phil retired, the lakers didnt let him go.

Hardaway Here
01-20-2013, 10:09 PM

You have to remember. Kobe fans believe that Kobe can win all by himself. They always say he won 2 rings without Shaq. They forget Shaq won without Kobe and without Phil. They blame injuries for their problems this season. These are the same fans that say Kobe is still the greatest while playing through injuries. They only use arguments that benefit them. You have Nash, Kobe, and Dwight and not even in playoff contention. If Kobe is so great why aren't they a winning team. He needs Phil and that just isn't going to happen.

KnicksorBust
01-20-2013, 10:09 PM
when u have a team like the lakers have, alot of ppl should be jumping up and down. Eventually that was never the case. The results says it all.

This post says nothing at all. :)

Hardaway Here
01-20-2013, 10:10 PM
lulzzzzzzzzz

you are a genius man. We are all mere mortal peons among your great presence.

For the record Phil retired, the lakers didnt let him go.

Lakers had a chance to get Phil back. So technically by passing him up and getting Pringles they did let him go.

rockbottom2010
01-20-2013, 10:10 PM
This post says nothing at all. :)

oh ur happy cuz ur a knicks fan....keep smiling

Chronz
01-20-2013, 10:11 PM
thats what im sayin, thats why only me and u can figure that out...same thing when Jackson was the bulls coach in the early 90s.......

Same thing? I don't see any connection to your posts and his.

BKdoubleStacker
01-20-2013, 10:14 PM
You have to remember. Kobe fans believe that Kobe can win all by himself. They always say he won 2 rings without Shaq. They forget Shaq won without Kobe and without Phil. They blame injuries for their problems this season. These are the same fans that say Kobe is still the greatest while playing through injuries. They only use arguments that benefit them. You have Nash, Kobe, and Dwight and not even in playoff contention. If Kobe is so great why aren't they a winning team. He needs Phil and that just isn't going to happen.

Please post examples of these remarks...

He did win 2 rings without shaq; who the hell cares though.

The lakers HAVE been plagued with injuries; how exactly is that an excuse? its reality

Please post some fine examples of people saying kobe is the best player today

rockbottom2010
01-20-2013, 10:14 PM
Lakers had a chance to get Phil back. So technically by passing him up and getting Pringles they did let him go.

not only that...rememeber when shaq signed with the lakers back in 96...they were winning...but not winning enough...when jackson became lakers head coach in 99....he changed the game and won back to back to back championships

BKdoubleStacker
01-20-2013, 10:16 PM
yea you are right. It was all phil jackson.

rockbottom2010
01-20-2013, 10:17 PM
yea you are right. It was all phil jackson.

he did the same thing for air jordan...thats why jackson have 11 rings as a coach

Hardaway Here
01-20-2013, 10:25 PM

The lakers HAVE been plagued with injuries; how exactly is that an excuse? its reality

Then accept it and stop complaining about it. Injuries can happen to any given person on any given night. If your team can get through the season w/o getting these injuries guess what they are the better team. You clearly must just close your eyes when Kobe fans post then they say it on a daily basis. Outside of Blake and Hill who are the only players injured worth anything I don't see this plague you speak of. Nash is playing right now healthy. Kobe healthy. MWP healthy. Pau healthy. Dwight not 100% but good enough to give you a double double. They just suck right now point blank period. The bench is pretty salty this year to outside of Clark but with Pringles as the coach he didn't realize this til a few games back.

BKdoubleStacker
01-20-2013, 10:30 PM
I guess you missed the part where Nash missed a nice chunk of the season and Gasol just came back after missing a week +.

Sorry I didnt know I wasnt allowed to complain about injuries. Next time I will consult with you

ThaDubs
01-20-2013, 10:30 PM

I could find multiple.

HowFit
01-20-2013, 10:31 PM

I agree...

BKdoubleStacker
01-20-2013, 10:33 PM
I could find multiple.

id love to see them

Hardaway Here
01-20-2013, 10:42 PM
I guess you missed the part where Nash missed a nice chunk of the season and Gasol just came back after missing a week +.

Sorry I didnt know I wasnt allowed to complain about injuries. Next time I will consult with you

Yeah Laker fans were complaining they were losing because they didn't have Nash. He came back and guess what your still losing. Gasol missed a week. This is the same Gasol Laker fans want to trade do you know how dumb you sound. Earl Clark is playing better yet you want to use Gasol missing a little over a week as an excuse you can't be serious. smh

Alayla
01-20-2013, 10:49 PM
i remember people treating me like i was insane for saying wade would level out and prove to still be alittle better than harden i remember being called a hater and treated as though i where mental -_-

Finfan1971
01-20-2013, 10:51 PM
Kobe will be considered one of the 10 best players in nba history period. Wade will not. There is no argument on who is a better sg. Kobe has 5 titles wade has 2, Kobe has made numerous defensive teams wade has not, Kobe scores more points. Now that I am typing this I am wondering why there is even a discussion. Wade is a great player but kobe is better.

justinnum1
01-20-2013, 10:52 PM
No way Kobe is better than Wade. Replace Kobe with Wade on the Lakers and they would be instant title contenders.

I dont know about that, but they would be in the playoffs.

canefandynasty
01-20-2013, 10:52 PM
i remember people treating me like i was insane for saying wade would level out and prove to still be alittle better than harden i remember being called a hater and treated as though i where mental -_-
99% of these trolls hating on Wade are either Kobe or LeBron stans. You have to understand that first to get the reason why Wade gets hated on the boards alot.

Hardaway Here
01-20-2013, 10:56 PM

People want to discredit Wade more then say he is a great player. When you compare Wade and Kobe the go to arguments is Kobe's success throughout his career. Note he has been in the league longer than Wade. The same can be said for how Wade has been in the league longer than Harden and has had more success, but they will put Harden over Wade despite that. Wade has more haters on this site then people that respect his game unfortunately.

canefandynasty
01-20-2013, 10:56 PM
Kobe will be considered one of the 10 best players in nba history period. Wade will not. There is no argument on who is a better sg. Kobe has 5 titles wade has 2, Kobe has made numerous defensive teams wade has not, Kobe scores more points. Now that I am typing this I am wondering why there is even a discussion. Wade is a great player but kobe is better.

Wade is still in good position to win a couple more titles before he calls it quits and become TOP 15 eventually. Maybe not TOP 10 status like Kobe, but still a great NBA career nonetheless. Kobe may have more titles and be more popular, but talent-wise they're as close as it gets. Peak Wade (30+ PER) was just as good or better than ANY of Kobe's seasons.

Hardaway Here
01-20-2013, 10:59 PM

Some of those defensive teams are undeserving and he got them on name alone. I'm not saying Kobe isn't a good defender cause he can be at times other times just horrible. Wade has been a great defender throughout his career. If your going to bring titles into the argument than what is your argument if DWade manages to get 5. I'm just wondering what would be your key arguments then?

canefandynasty
01-20-2013, 11:00 PM
People want to discredit Wade more then say he is a great player. When you compare Wade and Kobe the go to arguments is Kobe's success throughout his career. Note he has been in the league longer than Wade. The same can be said for how Wade has been in the league longer than Harden and has had more success, but they will put Harden over Wade despite that. Wade has more haters on this site then people that respect his game unfortunately.
The reason why troll Wade haters want to discredit Wade is because he is seen as threat to Kobe. Kobe has had a better career, but talent-wise it's very close. If I were building a team from scratch, I would take young Wade over young Kobe w/o hesitation. At least I know I can trust Wade more in the playoffs/Finals against elite defenses, than Kobe.

BKdoubleStacker
01-20-2013, 11:08 PM
Some of those defensive teams are undeserving and he got them on name alone. I'm not saying Kobe isn't a good defender cause he can be at times other times just horrible. Wade has been a great defender throughout his career. If your going to bring titles into the argument than what is your argument if DWade manages to get 5. I'm just wondering what would be your key arguments then?

I wont argue with you that kobe is undeserving of some of those awards, but he was very good earlier in his career.

Wade has never been a great defender though, good but not great

lets face it, the defense of kobe, harden, and wade is a wash at this point

Green_Monster
01-20-2013, 11:11 PM
I dont know about that, but they would be in the playoffs.

So you're saying that Wade has been better than Kobe this season? Putting a worse player on the Lakers wouldn't make them better.

canefandynasty
01-20-2013, 11:11 PM
I wont argue with you that kobe is undeserving of some of those awards, but he was very good earlier in his career.

Wade has never been a great defender though, good but not great

Wade was a great defender 2008-2009 season. His help defense was elite while man defense was very good. His synergy stats that season was at the elite level and the Miami's defense that season was TOP 10. He anchored that Heat defense that season.

Hardaway Here
01-20-2013, 11:19 PM
So you're saying that Wade has been better than Kobe this season? Putting a worse player on the Lakers wouldn't make them better.

Do you even know what your talking about did you forget how Wade was playing before LeBron got there. Unlike Kobe, Wade can adjust his game when playing with other great players. He is a better play maker than Kobe.

canefandynasty
01-20-2013, 11:21 PM

Wade has been better than Kobe since Oct/Nov 2008. So, you're wrong. Sorry.

canefandynasty
01-20-2013, 11:22 PM
Do you even know what your talking about did you forget how Wade was playing before LeBron got there. Unlike Kobe, Wade can adjust his game when playing with other great players. He is a better play maker than Kobe.

He doesn't know what he is talking about. I feel sorry for him. He needs to get both his eyes and head examined if he thinks Kobe is better than Wade.

BKdoubleStacker
01-20-2013, 11:29 PM
This forum is a damn joke these days

People just sticking up for their favorite player and bashing players they hate or who are rivals

Green_Monster
01-20-2013, 11:35 PM

Wade has been better than Kobe since Oct/Nov 2008. So, you're wrong. Sorry.

Look above. If you guys would just take a few minutes and check the stats, you wouldn't be saying uneducated things.

canefandynasty
01-20-2013, 11:43 PM
Look above. If you guys would just take a few minutes and check the stats, you wouldn't be saying uneducated things.

Everyone knows that Wade has Kobe on statistics since '08

canefandynasty
01-20-2013, 11:49 PM
2008-09
Kobe: 24.4 PER | .206 WS/48
Wade: 30.4 PER | .232 WS/48

2009-10
Kobe: 21.9 PER | .160 WS/48
Wade: 28.0 PER | .224 WS/48

2010-11
Kobe: 23.9 PER | .179 WS/48
Wade: 25.6 PER | .218 WS/48

2011-12
Kobe: 21.9 PER | .132 WS/48
Wade: 26.3 PER | .227 WS/48

Shlumpledink
01-20-2013, 11:52 PM
Wade is definitely the best SG of the miami heat

canefandynasty
01-20-2013, 11:53 PM
Wade is definitely the best SG of the miami heat
Crazy how Kobe would be the third best player on the Heat.

LakersMaster24
01-20-2013, 11:57 PM
:rolleyes:

Green_Monster
01-20-2013, 11:59 PM
2008-09
Kobe: 24.4 PER | .206 WS/48
Wade: 30.4 PER | .232 WS/48

2009-10
Kobe: 21.9 PER | .160 WS/48
Wade: 28.0 PER | .224 WS/48

2010-11
Kobe: 23.9 PER | .179 WS/48
Wade: 25.6 PER | .218 WS/48

2011-12
Kobe: 21.9 PER | .132 WS/48
Wade: 26.3 PER | .227 WS/48

First of all, two stats don't say anything. Anyone can pick two stats that say one player is better than the other. Second, I thought we were talking about who was better this season. Why does the past matter?

canefandynasty
01-21-2013, 12:04 AM
First of all, two stats don't say anything. Anyone can pick two stats that say one player is better than the other. Second, I thought we were talking about who was better this season. Why does the past matter?

NOW stats don't mean anything. As for this season, we are barely halfway through although Kobe has been slightly better. But, he overachieved while Wade underachieved. And, by the end of the season, I expect Wade to regain his best SG title.

b@llhog24
01-21-2013, 12:05 AM

If you're gonna pick two, those are two good ones.

Hawkeye15
01-21-2013, 12:08 AM

those aren't bad ones to pick...There are others that support Wade being the superior player over the past 3 seasons. I mean, he was in his prime, Kobe slightly past it. Not like its that hard to grasp.

Hardaway Here
01-21-2013, 12:13 AM

A Laker fan that doesn't care about the past. I didn't know a fan like you existed. Like I said before Dwayne Wades style of play can fit on any team. He can adjust his game like he has this season. You seriously think he couldn't put up numbers like Kobe is doing this season if he wanted to. Your talking about Kobe stats like its helping his team win. I'll take Dwades stats this season with a team that's winning over Kobe with a team that's been losing. Just so you know the Lakers have won more games this season when Kobe scored less than 30pts than they have with him shooting 30+. Those are stats for you.

canefandynasty
01-21-2013, 12:15 AM
Heck, Wade was arguably better than Kobe in 2006

2005-06
Kobe: 28.0 PER | .224 WS/48 | first round exit
Wade: 27.6 PER | .239 WS/48 | 33.7 Finals PER (highest ever) | CHAMPIONSHIP

Hawkeye15
01-21-2013, 12:16 AM
Heck, Wade was arguably better than Kobe in 2006

2005-06
Kobe: 28.0 PER | .224 WS/48 | first round exit
Wade: 27.6 PER | .239 WS/48 | 33.7 Finals PER (highest ever) | CHAMPIONSHIP

when you add Wade's playoff run, I don't think there is any question he was better that year. His finals play alone trumped any finals Kobe has played.

Hardaway Here
01-21-2013, 12:19 AM
when you add Wade's playoff run, I don't think there is any question he was better that year. His finals play alone trumped any finals Kobe has played.

You can only show that to reasonable fans though. Kobe lovers still won't admit Wade has ever had a better season than Kobe. Kobe was 28 at the time to. That's just for the fans that like to use the "past his prime" arguments.

Hawkeye15
01-21-2013, 12:20 AM
You can only show that to reasonable fans though. Kobe lovers still won't admit Wade has ever had a better season than Kobe. Kobe was 28 at the time to. That's just for the fans that like to use the "past his prime" arguments.

you must be new here haha, I have never cared what Kobe fans think.

Green_Monster
01-21-2013, 12:24 AM
NOW stats don't mean anything. As for this season, we are barely halfway through although Kobe has been slightly better. But, he overachieved while Wade underachieved. And, by the end of the season, I expect Wade to regain his best SG title.

When is it going to stop being too early? You can't use that excuse forever.

Wade underachieving has to do with him not being the main option and starting to decline. You can expect Wade to regain his best SG title, but that doesn't mean he will.

If you're gonna pick two, those are two good ones.

I like PER, but I've heard a lot of people say that WS is flawed.

those aren't bad ones to pick...There are others that support Wade being the superior player over the past 3 seasons. I mean, he was in his prime, Kobe slightly past it. Not like its that hard to grasp.

I never said that they were bad stats. I said they don't tell the whole story. We want to know who the best SG is now, so 3 year stats don't show much.

Hardaway Here
01-21-2013, 12:24 AM
you must be new here haha, I have never cared what Kobe fans think.

Lol there are so many of em you would think it was one person. They all share one mind.

Hawkeye15
01-21-2013, 12:29 AM

Wade underachieving has to do with him not being the main option and starting to decline. You can expect Wade to regain his best SG title, but that doesn't mean he will.

I like PER, but I've heard a lot of people say that WS is flawed.

I never said that they were bad stats. I said they don't tell the whole story. We want to know who the best SG is now, so 3 year stats don't show much.

No, I was responding to a post that discredited numbers from seasons the poster claimed Wade was better, not right now.

Green_Monster
01-21-2013, 12:33 AM
A Laker fan that doesn't care about the past. I didn't know a fan like you existed.

I'm a Celtics fan. :laugh2:

The thread was made so that the OP could claim that Wade was the best SG right now. I've provied stats to show the Kobe has clearly been better this year, but people continue to use 3 year stats. The 3 year stats have no meaning in this arguement.

Like I said before Dwayne Wades style of play can fit on any team. He can adjust his game like he has this season. You seriously think he couldn't put up numbers like Kobe is doing this season if he wanted to. Your talking about Kobe stats like its helping his team win.

Dwyane Wade could score more PPG if he wanted to. But he wouldn't do it as efficiently as Kobe. To say he's not being as efficent as possible is ridiculous.

I'll take Dwades stats this season with a team that's winning over Kobe with a team that's been losing. Just so you know the Lakers have won more games this season when Kobe scored less than 30pts than they have with him shooting 30+. Those are stats for you.

Thanks for those amazing PPG stats!

canefandynasty
01-21-2013, 12:34 AM

Everyone knows that Wade doesn't get going until midseason. That's even more of a reason to believe he can only get better as the season progresses, whereas Kobe is showing a regressing trajectory. One would be a fool to think Kobe can maintain those great stats he put up at the start of the season while thinking Wade will not get any better.

Remember, Wade can easily put up 25-5-5 with 50% FG on ANY other team, but is voluntarily taking a backseat to LeBron to avoid fatigue and possibly injuries for the playoffs. Everyone knows that.

Green_Monster
01-21-2013, 12:35 AM

No, I was responding to a post that discredited numbers from seasons the poster claimed Wade was better, not right now.

Did I ever say that Wade wasn't better than Kobe during those seasons? No. I said that using two stats doesn't show everything.

canefandynasty
01-21-2013, 12:39 AM
Did I ever say that Wade wasn't better than Kobe during those seasons? No. I said that using two stats doesn't show everything.
Those are perhaps the 2 most powerful stats of any 2 combination of NBA stats IMO. assuming both players compared are of elite talent, those 2 stats tell alot about a player, even with it's flaws.

Green_Monster
01-21-2013, 12:42 AM
Everyone knows that Wade doesn't get going until midseason. That's even more of a reason to believe he can only get better as the season progresses, whereas Kobe is showing a regressing trajectory. One would be a fool to think Kobe can maintain those great stats he put up at the start of the season while thinking Wade will not get any better.

Remember, Wade can easily put up 25-5-5 with 50% FG on ANY other team, but is voluntarily taking a backseat to LeBron to avoid fatigue and possibly injuries for the playoffs. Everyone knows that.

Who's to say Wade is going to start doing better? Players do decline, you know. Wade should be taking a back seat. Lebron is the better player. Of course he can put up 25-5-5 on most other teams, but he probably won't be as efficient as you state. He's only shot over 50% twice in his career.

Let's use your favorite stats. Wade's PER and WS/48 haven't been this low since 07-08.

Those are perhaps the 2 most powerful stats of any 2 combination of NBA stats IMO. assuming both players compared are of elite talent, those 2 stats tell alot about a player, even with it's flaws.

I like PER, but I'm not a big fan of WS/48.

Hardaway Here
01-21-2013, 12:43 AM
I'm a Celtics fan. :laugh2:

The thread was made so that the OP could claim that Wade was the best SG right now. I've provied stats to show the Kobe has clearly been better this year, but people continue to use 3 year stats. The 3 year stats have no meaning in this arguement.

Dwyane Wade could score more PPG if he wanted to. But he wouldn't do it as efficiently as Kobe. To say he's not being as efficent as possible is ridiculous.

Thanks for those amazing PPG stats!

Lol did you really just say DWade couldn't be as efficient.
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/kobe_bryant/career_stats.html
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/dwyane_wade/career_stats.html

Go ahead and look at that and compare so you can see how wrong you are. I never said Dwade was playing better than Kobe this season for your information. I was responding to the fact you were saying Wade would do worst than Kobe on the Lakers which is completely false.

Hardaway Here
01-21-2013, 12:46 AM
Who's to say Wade is going to start doing better? Players do decline, you know. Wade should be taking a back seat. Lebron is the better player. Of course he can put up 25-5-5 on most other teams, but he probably won't be as efficient as you state. He's only shot over 50% twice in his career.

Let's use your favorite stats. Wade's PER and WS/48 haven't been this low since 07-08.

I like PER, but I'm not a big fan of WS/48.

Kobe has never shot over 50% during his career so stop bringing efficiency into the argument because Kobe loses every time.

jaydubb
01-21-2013, 12:47 AM
I'm gonna stay outta this one... haha :)

Green_Monster
01-21-2013, 12:49 AM
Lol did you really just say DWade couldn't be as efficient.
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/kobe_bryant/career_stats.html
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/dwyane_wade/career_stats.html

Go ahead and look at that and compare so you can see how wrong you are. I never said Dwade was playing better than Kobe this season for your information. I was responding to the fact you were saying Wade would do worst than Kobe on the Lakers which is completely false.

How about we use advanced stats for who has been better this year? Also, I never said that you said Wade was playing better than Kobe.

Kobe has never shot over 50% during his career so stop bringing efficiency into the argument because Kobe loses every time.

For the last time, we're talking about who's better now, not career wise.

canefandynasty
01-21-2013, 12:50 AM

Again, you're only comparing Wades stats for half a season. Wait until the season ends before you officially claim Wade as having worse seasons since '07-'08. Wade doesn't usually get going until mid-season, so using his current stats to determine his total play for this season is VERY flawed.

Wade hasn't really shown a noticeable decline, especially to how the Wade haters like to stress it. He's only sacrificing stats to conserve his energy, which is a very smart thing to do. That's why I said before the best time to evaluate Wade is in the playoffs because thats when he is playing for real. Kobe and LeBron care more about regular season stats than Wade, so their volume of raw stats (PPG, FGA, FTA, MPG, etc...) is going to be higher than Wades, but all Wade cares about his efficiency and playoffs, and he has said that many times.

Chronz
01-21-2013, 12:52 AM

Not necessarily

Hardaway Here
01-21-2013, 12:55 AM
How about we use advanced stats for who has been better this year? Also, I never said that you said Wade was playing better than Kobe.

For the last time, we're talking about who's better now, not career wise.

Yeah I've already agreed to the fact Kobe has been playing better than Wade individually no denying that. Even though his play hasn't really helped the Lakers win. My mistake for assuming your a Laker fan. It's easy to assume that when you defend Kobe the way you do. Celtics fan defending Kobe that is new I have to say.

canefandynasty
01-21-2013, 12:55 AM
Not necessarily

In terms of overall efficiency, Wade OWNS Kobe.

Hardaway Here
01-21-2013, 12:56 AM
Not necessarily

Well over a full season he hasn't. He has done it in games though I can admit that.

canefandynasty
01-21-2013, 12:59 AM
For the remainder of the season, I predict Wade to play better than Kobe by a good amount.

ThaDubs
01-21-2013, 01:01 AM
Kobe is more skilled than Wade right now but Dwyane actually helps his team get wins.

canefandynasty
01-21-2013, 01:04 AM
Kobe is more skilled than Wade right now but Dwyane actually helps his team get wins.

Kobe is also more skilled than LeBron. Melo is more skilled than Durant. What is your point?

Hawkeye15
01-21-2013, 01:12 AM

meh, not all the time dude.

canefandynasty
01-21-2013, 01:23 AM

Really the only time when Kobe was better than Wade was Wade's rookie season (2003) and Wade injured season when he dislocated his shoulder, and also had knee problems. Wade was better than Kobe in...

2004-05
2005-06
2006-07
2008-09
2009-10
2010-11
2011-12

Chronz
01-21-2013, 01:24 AM
Well over a full season he hasn't. He has done it in games though I can admit that.
LOL I mean even for a full season

In terms of overall efficiency, Wade OWNS Kobe.
There are some years where its very debatable

canefandynasty
01-21-2013, 01:27 AM
I'll give you Wades 2nd and 3rd year in the league, Kobe had comparable efficiency. Otherwise, healthy Wade > Kobe

ThaDubs
01-21-2013, 01:27 AM
Kobe is also more skilled than LeBron. Melo is more skilled than Durant. What is your point?

Read my whole post instead of half of it. My point was that Dwyane Wade helps his team get wins with his team play whereas Kobe just shoots and occasionally passes to the twin tower or MWP for three as appose to letting his teammates create for themselves. The subject is who is the best SG in the league so even if my post was "Kobe is more skilled than Wade" it would still be relevant.

Hardaway Here
01-21-2013, 01:36 AM

LOL I mean even for a full season

My bad for not clarifying but I was really only talking about Kobe shooting over 50% for a season. Not whether or not he has had a better FG% season over DWade

Chronz
01-21-2013, 01:43 AM
I'll give you Wades 2nd and 3rd year in the league, Kobe had comparable efficiency. Otherwise, healthy Wade > Kobe

You mean during the time when their careers overlapped or are you talking about a year by year breakdown?

Like from 06-09 Kobe has the greater usage/offensive rating.

NY007
01-21-2013, 01:43 AM
:laugh:

You are :crazy:

Hawkeye15
01-21-2013, 01:47 AM
My bad for not clarifying but I was really only talking about Kobe shooting over 50% for a season. Not whether or not he has had a better FG% season over DWade

well, efficiency is not measured by FG%. That is my point.

canefandynasty
01-21-2013, 01:48 AM
You mean during the time when their careers overlapped or are you talking about a year by year breakdown?

Like from 06-09 Kobe has the greatert usage/offensive rating.

Both. Wade and Kobe had comparable efficiency from 2005-07, even though Kobe had a higher usage. What mainly set Wade from Kobe from 2005-07 were Wade's playoff success though, not efficiency. Wade clearly had higher efficient seasons from 2008-12.

Chronz
01-21-2013, 02:17 AM
Both. Wade and Kobe had comparable efficiency from 2005-07, even though Kobe had a higher usage. What mainly set Wade from Kobe from 2005-07 were Wade's playoff success though, not efficiency. Wade clearly had higher efficient seasons from 2008-12.
Kobe sucked in 05. In 06 Wade won the chip in dominant fashion so I cant complain but Kobe wasn't far off.
And why stretch his playoff success to 07? 07 included a humbling first round defeat to an upstart Bulls team. Kobe has had plenty more impressive first round defeats than that.

Kobe obliterated 2009 playoff teams on route to a title. Wade hasn't done that since 06.

canefandynasty
01-21-2013, 02:29 AM
Kobe sucked in 05. In 06 Wade won the chip in dominant fashion so I cant complain but Kobe wasn't far off.
And why stretch his playoff success to 07? 07 included a humbling first round defeat to an upstart Bulls team. Kobe has had plenty more impressive first round defeats than that.

Kobe obliterated 2009 playoff teams on route to a title. Wade hasn't done that since 06.
Somewhat true, although 2010-11 playoffs Wade is up there with 2008-09 playoffs Kobe. Even though in a losing effort, Wade led the Heat in playoff PER that season and had the 8th highest PER in Finals history.

Chronz
01-21-2013, 04:06 AM
Somewhat true, although 2010-11 playoffs Wade is up there with 2008-09 playoffs Kobe. Even though in a losing effort, Wade led the Heat in playoff PER that season and had the 8th highest PER in Finals history.

Losing effort bit kind of stings, particularly when you consider Kobe both played more and was more efficient on a per possession basis.

But no denying Wade had a better year than Kobe did in that same season.

SACNYY
01-21-2013, 04:46 AM
lmao anyone who says Wade is better than Kobe is high or just dumb.

Andrew32
01-21-2013, 04:47 AM
Great argument... did you not see Wade dominate Kobe the other night?

naps
01-21-2013, 04:57 AM
Not surprising at all. Wade just had a slow start as usual. Playing with LeBron and adjusting your game accordingly is tough for a top notch superstar since you have to sacrifice a lot. But Wade is so unselfish and team-first that he makes it look just easy. He's been picking it up and I expect him to solidify himself as the top 3 player that he really is by the playoffs end.

LakersSaintsLSU
01-21-2013, 05:20 AM

:facepalm: so u actually think wade is better then kobe? and because of 1 game out of hundred's? HAHAHAHAHA your bball IQ just took a dive bro

LakersSaintsLSU
01-21-2013, 05:21 AM
OP you should stop taking drugs and making threads during your crack session

Green_Monster
01-21-2013, 09:36 AM
Again, you're only comparing Wades stats for half a season. Wait until the season ends before you officially claim Wade as having worse seasons since '07-'08. Wade doesn't usually get going until mid-season, so using his current stats to determine his total play for this season is VERY flawed.

Wade hasn't really shown a noticeable decline, especially to how the Wade haters like to stress it. He's only sacrificing stats to conserve his energy, which is a very smart thing to do. That's why I said before the best time to evaluate Wade is in the playoffs because thats when he is playing for real. Kobe and LeBron care more about regular season stats than Wade, so their volume of raw stats (PPG, FGA, FTA, MPG, etc...) is going to be higher than Wades, but all Wade cares about his efficiency and playoffs, and he has said that many times.

You don't know Wade will start to get going midseason, you're assuming he will.

Saying the only reason Kobe is playing better is because Wade is conserving himself is ridiculous.

Yeah I've already agreed to the fact Kobe has been playing better than Wade individually no denying that. Even though his play hasn't really helped the Lakers win. My mistake for assuming your a Laker fan. It's easy to assume that when you defend Kobe the way you do. Celtics fan defending Kobe that is new I have to say.

Fair enough.

AIRMAR72
01-21-2013, 09:38 AM

kobe halfcourt game is better since he(tobe) can post-up but overrall wade is BETTER,better IQ better passer,better shooter,better defender,better teammate

DanG
01-21-2013, 09:49 AM

Hey Mr. Advanced Stats

WS/48
Kobe: .188
Wade: .177

TS%
Kobe: .578
Wade: .570

PER
Kobe: 23.9
Wade: 23.0

But I guess it doesn't really matter to you right now.

Kobe 30/5/5 on 47% with improving defense

Wade 20/5/4 on 5(LEBRON JAMES)1% with good defense

DanG
01-21-2013, 09:51 AM
kobe halfcourt game is better since he(tobe) can post-up but overrall wade is BETTER,better IQ better passer,better shooter,better defender,better teammate

lullz

DanG
01-21-2013, 09:54 AM
Wade back to his normal top 3 LOL.

CP3,KD,LBJ>Wade and it isn't really close.

canefandynasty
01-21-2013, 10:00 AM
lullz
Wade is easily a better passer/playmaker. Everyone knows that. Wade has always been a better playmaker. Kobe is not making his teammates better. And, yes Wade has a better IQ. He's taking better shots and knows if he having a bad shooting night he doesn't shooting his team out of the game, rather he gets the team involved and puts his energy more of defense. Kobe justs shoots, shoots, and shoots more.

canefandynasty
01-21-2013, 10:01 AM
Wade back to his normal top 3 LOL.

CP3,KD,LBJ>Wade and it isn't really close.

CP3, KD, LBJ, yes, but not Kobe. Kobe is not in Chris Paul, Durant or LeBron's league.

canefandynasty
01-21-2013, 10:03 AM

Wade is just as good a halfcourt player. I disagree with some of your post. Wade is an excellent post player himself.

DanG
01-21-2013, 10:16 AM
Wade is easily a better passer/playmaker. Everyone knows that.

No, I don't know that. Prove it

Kobe is not making his teammates better

What about Lamar Odom?

And, yes Wade has a better IQ. He's taking better shots and knows if he having a bad shooting night he doesn't shooting his team out of the game

IMO if you watch Miami's games then Wade is the one taking those ridiculous fast break fadeaway shots.

DanG
01-21-2013, 10:17 AM
CP3, KD, LBJ, yes, but not Kobe. Kobe is not in Chris Paul, Durant or LeBron's league.

Actually Kobe has been better than Wade this year. Even some Miami fans admit it.

AIRMAR72
01-21-2013, 10:17 AM
Wade is just as good a halfcourt player. I disagree with some of your post. Wade is an excellent post player himself.

Kobe(watered version of MJ) IS a superior post-pivot player compare to wade and bron its a FACT but both bron and wade are still better overall players

DanG
01-21-2013, 10:20 AM

LOL. Kobe's post-up game is actually one of the biggest reasons why he's still so good.

Knick bag
01-21-2013, 10:31 AM
Kobe. Wade has had some injuries. Nice to see him getting back into form. Kobe is still the best.

ATX
01-21-2013, 10:39 AM
They're both still the top SG's in the league, with Harden 3rd. Bryant has had the better season statitistically thus far, but his team is 17-23, compared to Miami's 26-12. Wade also caters willingly to his teammates, namely LBJ of course, while Kobe doesn't seem to get his teammates involved nearly as much, namely Howard and Gasol. Wade effects the game in so many more ways than just shot after shot after shot. What was Bryant yesterday 10-32? As I said earlier, I believe Bryant to be the historically better player no doubt, but Wade has been right there with him for some time now, and arguably even better a few seasons. Let's not forget Wade's early season struggles can in some part be attributed to his off season knee surgery. He's been getting better and better as the season's gone by.

sports life
01-21-2013, 10:57 AM
They're both still the top SG's in the league, with Harden 3rd. Bryant has had the better season statitistically thus far, but his team is 17-23, compared to Miami's 26-12. Wade also caters willingly to his teammates, namely LBJ of course, while Kobe doesn't seem to get his teammates involved nearly as much, namely Howard and Gasol. Wade effects the game in so many more ways than just shot after shot after shot. What was Bryant yesterday 10-32? As I said earlier, I believe Bryant to be the historically better player no doubt, but Wade has been right there with him for some time now, and arguably even better a few seasons. Let's not forget Wade's early season struggles can in some part be attributed to his off season knee surgery. He's been getting better and better as the season's gone by.

wade wont, kobe wont, harden:confused:(please), be da best sg in 12-15 months from now!!!!! that title will endoutely belong to................iman shumpert of da new york knicks:D.....let me explane myself be for yall all finish laughing at that statement,.... wade is breakin down at a rapid pace. kobe cant beat father time. harden is one dimentional, with one hand mind u,......iman is just as exploseive if not more so then any one of them, hes already a better shooter than wade,and hes getting better....but da main thing is he iz LIGHT YEARS ahead of ANY ONE in da league at da same position on defense!!!!!!not even close....so in short, in 12-15 months or so iman shumpert will considered da best overall sg in da sport.:D

canefandynasty
01-21-2013, 11:50 AM
wade wont, kobe wont, harden:confused:(please), be da best sg in 12-15 months from now!!!!! that title will endoutely belong to................iman shumpert of da new york knicks:D.....let me explane myself be for yall all finish laughing at that statement,.... wade is breakin down at a rapid pace. kobe cant beat father time. harden is one dimentional, with one hand mind u,......iman is just as exploseive if not more so then any one of them, hes already a better shooter than wade,and hes getting better....but da main thing is he iz LIGHT YEARS ahead of ANY ONE in da league at da same position on defense!!!!!!not even close....so in short, in 12-15 months or so iman shumpert will considered da best overall sg in da sport.:D

Wade breaking down rapidly? :facepalm:

naps
01-21-2013, 12:35 PM
Been the one since 2008-09 and 2005, 2006.

Corey
01-21-2013, 12:38 PM
Kobe and Harden are putting up better seasons than Wade, but only slightly.

DanG
01-21-2013, 12:44 PM
Been the one since 2008-09 and 2005, 2006.

How has Wade been better than Kobe this year?

canefandynasty
01-21-2013, 12:45 PM
LOL. Kobe's post-up game is actually one of the biggest reasons why he's still so good.

And the same with Wade. Wade relies on post game just as much as Kobe relies on his post game.

DanG
01-21-2013, 01:04 PM
And the same with Wade. Wade relies on post game just as much as Kobe relies on his post game.

No, he does not. Wade is still young and athletic so he can drive more.

312 out of Wade's 516 shot attempts have been coming from the paint

Chi~TwnHawksFan
01-21-2013, 01:28 PM
Signs you just might be a Kobe fan:

1. You start your posts with profanity.
2. You call him "Mamba."
3. You claim ridiculous things like MIA would be undefeated with Kobe instead of Wade.

Im not a Kobe fan though...lol, at all.

nickdymez
01-21-2013, 01:44 PM
Troll/bait thread

Celtics33
01-21-2013, 05:25 PM
Who's Harden's reliable backup? Toney Douglas? :confused:

Kobe is 34 in his 17th season in the NBA with a career average of 36.6 mpg. James Harden is 23 years old in his 4th season in the NBA with a career average of 28.5 mpg. It's far more important that Kobe has a reliable backup then James Harden, especially with all the mileage on Kobe's body.

b@llhog24
01-21-2013, 08:45 PM
Kobe is 34 in his 17th season in the NBA with a career average of 36.6 mpg. James Harden is 23 years old in his 4th season in the NBA with a career average of 28.5 mpg. It's far more important that Kobe has a reliable backup then James Harden, especially with all the mileage on Kobe's body.

Doesn't matter once you take into account the supporting cast around each individual.

Money_23
01-22-2013, 01:06 AM
look at Kobe's fg%, it's slowly dipping back to his mean efficiency. Right now it's at 46.8% not counting tonight's game. :laugh2:

rockbottom2010
01-22-2013, 06:35 AM
kobe has slipped for the past few days...in fact, hes not leading in ppg anymore....

canefandynasty
01-23-2013, 11:26 PM
And so it begins...

Dade County
01-23-2013, 11:44 PM
And so it begins...

:laugh2:

Can a Mod close this thread

JJ_JKidd
01-23-2013, 11:45 PM

PER wins Championships! Yay!

rockbottom2010
01-23-2013, 11:49 PM
ya i would say wade is the best SG....difference is....the heat are winnings games....

Krizzle88
01-24-2013, 12:06 AM
There aren't anymore elite SGs anymore. Aging Kobe Aging Wade? umm who else? Wade is still the best cuz hes 3 years younger.

canefandynasty
01-24-2013, 12:07 AM
PER wins Championships! Yay!

3 of Kobe's rings came from a player with a higher PER.

Krizzle88
01-24-2013, 12:09 AM
was that Shaq the best dominating center in his prime?

rockbottom2010
01-24-2013, 12:14 AM
was that Shaq the best dominating center in his prime?

in his time....yes...but all time...no
wilt chamberlain...then shaq

Chronz
01-24-2013, 12:34 AM
in his time....yes...but all time...no
wilt chamberlain...then shaq
I think its a good match with Shaq getting the ultimate nod.

rockbottom2010
01-24-2013, 01:05 AM

shaq admitted the fact that wilt was more dominant than himself....hes still the only nba player that scored 100 pts in a game....remember that...look at wilt's stats.....

Im_in_Mia_bish
01-24-2013, 01:06 AM
no love for russell?

rockbottom2010
01-24-2013, 01:10 AM
no love for russell?

gotta lot of love for big bill....the player with the most rings in nba history...however he was a defensive center

Im_in_Mia_bish
01-24-2013, 01:13 AM
gotta lots of love for big bill....the player with the most rings in nba history...however he was a defensive center

oh you guys were talking about offensive juggernauts?
thought u were talking about most dominant centers (regardless whether its defense or offense)

from what i've read about russell, a lot of old timers say he is if not the best center, def one of the top 3 to play the game..

rockbottom2010
01-24-2013, 01:18 AM
oh you guys were talking about offensive juggernauts?
thought u were talking about most dominant centers (regardless whether its defense or offense)

from what i've read about russell, a lot of old timers say he is if not the best center, def one of the top 3 to play the game..

were talking about both offense and defense.....ur right...russell is probably top 3-5 w/o question....some ppl say that abdul jabber is the best center of all time because of his skyhook...its debatable....

Chronz
01-24-2013, 01:21 AM
shaq admitted the fact that wilt was more dominant than himself....hes still the only nba player that scored 100 pts in a game....remember that...look at wilt's stats.....

That was a young Shaq, he wouldn't say that today. He hates Wilt as much as anyone and lets it known that the only bigmen who can talk to him are the ones with more rings.

I know Wilt's stats plenty, its not as dominant as you think.

rockbottom2010
01-24-2013, 01:28 AM
That was a young Shaq, he wouldn't say that today. He hates Wilt as much as anyone and lets it known that the only bigmen who can talk to him are the ones with more rings.

I know Wilt's stats plenty, its not as dominant as you think.

are you sure about that....was there another player that averaged 50 ppgs and 25 rpg.....nobody...and not only that...just to prove you about shaq not saying that......
http://www.nba.com/historical/playerfile/index.html?player=wilt_chamberlain
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/shaquille_oneal/career_stats.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TVrOGpJQJc
get ur facts straight

LoveMeOrHateMe
01-24-2013, 01:30 AM
Lol at wade being better then Kobe because he's younger lol only seasons wade was ever better then Kobe was when Kobe had injuries bothering him. This year wade hasn't been on Kobe's level

justinnum1
01-24-2013, 01:37 AM
Lol at wade being better then Kobe because he's younger lol only seasons wade was ever better then Kobe was when Kobe had injuries bothering him. This year wade hasn't been on Kobe's level

:facepalm:

lakersfan01
01-24-2013, 01:40 AM
Lazy Eye isn't the best sg anymore.

FreakaNashur
01-24-2013, 01:43 AM
Wade is not chucker like slowbe bryant over there

Fired-Up
01-24-2013, 01:45 AM

Wade in his prime was better than prime Kobe. It's hard to say if he's better than Kobe right now. He does have the best player in the league on his team. Kobe had that too with Shaq.

LoveMeOrHateMe
01-24-2013, 02:00 AM
Wade is not chucker like slowbe bryant over there

Cute nickname so you really thing herpes wade has been better this year?

LoveMeOrHateMe
01-24-2013, 02:00 AM
Wade in his prime was better than prime Kobe. It's hard to say if he's better than Kobe right now. He does have the best player in the league on his team. Kobe had that too with Shaq.

Wade better then Kobe in his prime lol you ain't gonna fool any knowledgable fan with that!

Chronz
01-24-2013, 02:01 AM
are you sure about that....was there another player that averaged 50 ppgs and 25 rpg.....nobody...and not only that...just to prove you about shaq not saying that......
http://www.nba.com/historical/playerfile/index.html?player=wilt_chamberlain
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/shaquille_oneal/career_stats.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TVrOGpJQJc
get ur facts straight

LOL Shaq has said alot of **** over the years. Including everything Ive said.

And like I told you, I know plenty about Wilt's stats. They arent as dominant as you think, I just rather not waste my time explaining why to someone so dead set in their ways.

TmacBryant
01-24-2013, 02:05 AM

Yeah that's why wade is always compared to Jordan... oh wait.

:clap:

LAKobeBryant
01-24-2013, 02:10 AM
Wade is going retire before Kobe does. End of discussion close the thread.

rockbottom2010
01-24-2013, 02:16 AM
LOL Shaq has said alot of **** over the years. Including everything Ive said.

And like I told you, I know plenty about Wilt's stats. They arent as dominant as you think, I just rather not waste my time explaining why to someone so dead set in their ways.

with the proof ive shown you...and shaq and kenny smith admitting to that....it just shows that ur weak...u can't handle the truth...thats your problem

Chronz
01-24-2013, 02:25 AM
with the proof ive shown you...and shaq and kenny smith admitting to that....it just shows that ur weak...u can't handle the truth...thats your problem

Shaq and Kenny admitting what? And how exactly is it a problem to disagree with your opinion?

rockbottom2010
01-24-2013, 02:28 AM
Shaq and Kenny admitting what? And how exactly is it a problem to disagree with your opinion?

u didn't look at the video....they both said that wilt is the most dominant player in the history of the game.....kenny played with the dream....he knows whats up..u just have a big ego...

Fired-Up
01-24-2013, 02:30 AM
Wade better then Kobe in his prime lol you ain't gonna fool any knowledgable fan with that!

You check the numbers and they say he was.

LoveMeOrHateMe
01-24-2013, 02:57 AM
You check the numbers and they say he was.

Numbers aren't everything! At the end of the day you have to see them play and wade never impressed me more then Kobe

seikou8
01-24-2013, 03:01 AM
Numbers aren't everything! At the end of the day you have to see them play and wade never impressed me more then Kobe

we all know why i mean look at sic

Fired-Up
01-24-2013, 03:08 AM

It's closer than you may think. Prime Wade was an absolute monster of a player.

Lakers + Giants
01-24-2013, 03:26 AM
It's closer than you may think. Prime Wade was an absolute monster of a player.

The problem with that is Wade's peak wasn't as long as kobe's. The reason Kobe is considered a top 10 player isn't because of his play in his prime, it's because of how long his prime has lasted, if that makes sense haha.

IKnowHoops
01-24-2013, 03:30 AM

Its very close. I don't know some times, but D wade is definately more efficient, and thats what wins. D wade won a ring with an old shaq. If he had Kobe Shaq theres no doubt he could of won. I bet a Prime wade on LA instead of Kobe would of beaten detroit. Kobe is just a bone head show off and that will always be what hurts him. He's like Sidney from white men can't jump. He'd rather look good and loose, then look bad and win. Thats why they lost to Detroit cause he was jacking up 3's instead of feeding the unstoppable Shaq who was killing it that series. Talent wise Kobe is a great talent but so is D wade. As far as playing team basketball, Wade is head and shoulders above Kobe. One thing that I cant stand about Kobe is that when a great player plays with him he doesnt elevate them. He makes them much worse. Wade and Bron have made each other more efficient. Kobe is just a one on one basketball player playing all by himself. Nobody wants to play with him accept for Ron artest.

IKnowHoops
01-24-2013, 03:36 AM

The thing is Wilt was the most dominant of any era, but his his era was super weak. Like what 8 teams in the league. Hes basically the only 7 footer, being guarded by 6'6 guys on a nightly basis. If Shaq, Robinson, Hakeem, Moses, or Kareem play in that era then they put up even better numbers. All things being equal Shaq is the most dominant force in NBA history and if they went up against each other, Shaq, Robinson, and Hakeem would all outplay Wilt. But Wilt was the most dominant of any era but its due to really really really week competition.

ThaDubs
01-24-2013, 03:47 AM
Lmfao@this thread.
Lakers homers arguing with the average person is like a 10 year old girl fighting with a 40 year old.

Chronz
01-24-2013, 04:04 AM
The thing is Wilt was the most dominant of any era, but his his era was super weak. Like what 8 teams in the league. Hes basically the only 7 footer, being guarded by 6'6 guys on a nightly basis. If Shaq, Robinson, Hakeem, Moses, or Kareem play in that era then they put up even better numbers. All things being equal Shaq is the most dominant force in NBA history and if they went up against each other, Shaq, Robinson, and Hakeem would all outplay Wilt. But Wilt was the most dominant of any era but its due to really really really week competition.
Sorry but I dont buy you know much about that era from the looks of your post.

Chronz
01-24-2013, 04:05 AM
u didn't look at the video....they both said that wilt is the most dominant player in the history of the game.....kenny played with the dream....he knows whats up..u just have a big ego...
LOL where did I deny that they said that? Im saying that Ive heard Shaq say everything I claimed and that the numbers you posted of Wilt aren't as dominant as you think. What does Kenny have to do with those facts?

Hardaway Here
01-24-2013, 04:09 AM
No point arguing with Kobe homers about Wade. A good majority of them don't even give Wade respect for being one of the best sgs to play the game. To them Kobe is god and greatest of all time. I'd rather have a team player in Wade than an ego driven player in Bryant. Take a look at the Lakers this season Kobe's play is already slipping because he has a me first attitude which is stupid when you have the talent his team has.

ThaDubs
01-24-2013, 04:14 AM
Sorry but I dont buy you know much about that era from the looks of your post.

He's actually right imo. The era that Wilt dominated was much less competitive than today. If Wilt played today he'd probably be a 25 12 3 guy or less. You know the era was weak because where else have you heard of a center that makes the decision that he's going to start passing the ball a lot and then goes on to lead the league in assists? However, with so many soft big men in the league I still think Wilt would be the #1 center if he played today. But his numbers are a little misleading to some people. People see his 50+ PPG and go OMGZ BEST PLAAYER EVER.

naps
01-24-2013, 04:26 AM
Its very close. I don't know some times, but D wade is definately more efficient, and thats what wins. D wade won a ring with an old shaq. If he had Kobe Shaq theres no doubt he could of won. I bet a Prime wade on LA instead of Kobe would of beaten detroit. Kobe is just a bone head show off and that will always be what hurts him. He's like Sidney from white men can't jump. He'd rather look good and loose, then look bad and win. Thats why they lost to Detroit cause he was jacking up 3's instead of feeding the unstoppable Shaq who was killing it that series. Talent wise Kobe is a great talent but so is D wade. As far as playing team basketball, Wade is head and shoulders above Kobe. One thing that I cant stand about Kobe is that when a great player plays with him he doesnt elevate them. He makes them much worse. Wade and Bron have made each other more efficient. Kobe is just a one on one basketball player playing all by himself. Nobody wants to play with him accept for Ron artest.

Such a beautiful post explaining the differences nicely. You wanna see a player dribble, dribble, dribble, and shoot 25 times a game regardless of what the team needs? It's Kobe. You wanna see a player who does everything for the team to win, engages teammates always, never goes for individual stats, plays smart and with supreme efficiency? It's Wade.

DanG
01-24-2013, 08:46 AM
“It’s like a competition me(LeBron) and D-Wade are having right now about who can shoot 50 percent, in each and every game,”

“We’re both so conscious of wanting to shoot 50 percent, that sometimes you wish you had that Kobe (Bryant) thought, where you just don’t care,” Wade said. “We talk about it all the time. It sucks at times, but it’s who we are.”

and LMAO at Lakers fans not giving Wade any respect.

"Kobe is a ballhog"
"Kobe is the most overrated player in basketball history"
"Wade is better than Kobe since 2005"

DanG
01-24-2013, 08:51 AM
nvm

Andrew32
01-24-2013, 09:14 AM
Wade is now above Kobe in terms of FG%, TS%, WSP48, DRTG and is tied with Kobe in PER and ORTG although I reckon he will be above Kobe in those categories within a few days.

Wade > Kobe