PDA

View Full Version : Do You Think Blake Griffin Will Be Fined For This?

Six-8-TheWizard
01-20-2013, 05:48 AM
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8360/8397545394_d6668ecb05_o.gif

Just Curious What People Think

He definitely deserves it imo. This is like a disgrace to the sport :laugh2:

01-20-2013, 06:05 AM
'what.. a stooge'

KniCks4LiFe
01-20-2013, 06:16 AM
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8360/8397545394_d6668ecb05_o.gif

Just Curious What People Think

He definitely deserves it imo. This is like a disgrace to the sport :laugh2:

I'm waiting for that one NBA player after he sees him do that, that one player to punch him in the mouth. Oh they ain't fining him, he's just going to continue getting away w/ it.

tadmanny
01-20-2013, 06:25 AM
I hope someone in the league really hurts him.

JRisdabest
01-20-2013, 06:49 AM
he should be praised.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-20-2013, 07:29 AM
should be suspended

bigsams50
01-20-2013, 08:27 AM
He should be fined, but he wont. Griffin always gets away with flopping and taunting.

theducksmuggler
01-20-2013, 08:32 AM
If he hasnt been warned yet which would surprise me but that **** deserves a suspension but honestly when this **** happens in a game they should be able to look at it like a flagrant to figure out.of its flagrant 1 or 2 and if its a bad enough flop like that then eject.his *** from the game

sharqstealth
01-20-2013, 08:51 AM
OMG! He just got nominated to the Oscars! Blake really learned from the best - their point guard.

sventhedog
01-20-2013, 09:25 AM
isn't that the same with the matrix bullet dodge?

Six-8-TheWizard
01-20-2013, 09:41 AM
He should be fined, but he wont. Griffin always gets away with flopping and taunting.

I agree theres no doubt he deserves it but because hes Sterns baby he will probably do everything he can to ignore it. Imo though its could be hard to ignore, especially if since its LA a lot of people would see it.

I dont think he will be fined, but I wouldnt be too surprised if he got a warning

TigerRulz66
01-20-2013, 09:50 AM
First was there a foul even called on that play? If not no harm. I see a big elbow coming toward his face I
would move like that just in case or would you just stand there and hope it stops an inch from your nose.

JasonJohnHorn
01-20-2013, 11:48 AM
Well... it depends.... I mean, if I saw an elbow coming at me, I'd lean back to avoid it myself, and that may be all he was doing.

ManRam
01-20-2013, 11:52 AM
He's the worst.

THE GIPPER
01-20-2013, 12:12 PM
He didnt pretend to get hit (flop). He moved his head when he saw the elbow coming.

ugafan
01-20-2013, 12:15 PM
Well... it depends.... I mean, if I saw an elbow coming at me, I'd lean back to avoid it myself, and that may be all he was doing.

He didnt pretend to get hit (flop). He moved his head when he saw the elbow coming.
Are you ****ing kidding me? He grabbed onto Nene after like he got hit.

Warrants a suspension IMO, what a ****ing *****.

GottaLoveCubs
01-20-2013, 12:23 PM
Wish I could see the whole clip. Was there a foul called on this? Does anyone know? If there was then absolutely he should be fined. And if there wasn't then I think he still should be, but most likely won't be.
And just from the clip, it doesn't look like he was trying to get out of the way of the elbow. He doesn't really react until after the elbow stopped coming at him. Can't say 100% though because I can't see the entire play.

lakerskbp24
01-20-2013, 12:23 PM
This.

kdspurman
01-20-2013, 12:25 PM
If he doesn't, it wouldn't surprise me. If he hasn't gotten one yet its hard to imagine he will. the league will just show how inconsistent and biased they are which is not surprising.

ghettosean
01-20-2013, 12:27 PM
If I was playing basketball and someone's elbow was coming toward my face full speed I would move my head just like he did. I wouldn't wait to get hit with an elbow and then move :confused:

celmxc
01-20-2013, 12:28 PM
lol ok ... come on seriously ... he doesn't deserve a suspension ... but he does deserve to be fined thats a flop... I remember Bosh did the same thing with Boozer lol

celmxc
01-20-2013, 12:34 PM
Wish I could see the whole clip. Was there a foul called on this? Does anyone know? If there was then absolutely he should be fined. And if there wasn't then I think he still should be, but most likely won't be.
And just from the clip, it doesn't look like he was trying to get out of the way of the elbow. He doesn't really react until after the elbow stopped coming at him. Can't say 100% though because I can't see the entire play.
unfortunately ... yeah the foul was on Nene lol ... in Blake's defense Joe Crawford was the ref

Clippersfan86
01-20-2013, 12:53 PM
If he doesn't, it wouldn't surprise me. If he hasn't gotten one yet its hard to imagine he will. the league will just show how inconsistent and biased they are which is not surprising.

He hasn't gotten one this year because he hasn't flopped at all. People's criteria for a Griffin flop is hilarious and completely different than it is for other players. Move back quickly to dodge a potential elbow= flop. Get grabbed while midair flagrantly while exploding for a dunk and flipping before landing= flop. People try way too hard.

Let's say this particular play he did have intent to flop. It would be his first legit flop of the year and deserves a warning, not a fine or suspension :facepalm:. Very little flopping has happened in the NBA this year thanks to these new crackdowns so people need to not overreact to stuff like this.

Clippersfan86
01-20-2013, 12:55 PM
BTW the poll is obviously misinformed. He can't be fined until I believe two warnings and he hasn't gotten a single one yet because he hasn't been flopping this year. So it should be 16 votes no.

Sly Guy
01-20-2013, 12:57 PM
**** like this makes me believe that fighting should be permitted in the NBA, a la NHL style. Then I think about the poor sap who's have to tangle with Ron Ron on any given night.....

kdspurman
01-20-2013, 01:03 PM
He hasn't gotten one this year because he hasn't flopped at all. People's criteria for a Griffin flop is hilarious and completely different than it is for other players. Move back quickly to dodge a potential elbow= flop. Get grabbed while midair flagrantly while exploding for a dunk and flipping before landing= flop. People try way too hard.

Let's say this particular play he did have intent to flop. It would be his first legit flop of the year and deserves a warning, not a fine or suspension :facepalm:. Very little flopping has happened in the NBA this year thanks to these new crackdowns so people need to not overreact to stuff like this.

So your saying all year he hasn't flopped? I know its toned down since last year, but to sit here and say its his first of the year? Hard to believe. I've seen guys get warnings for similar actions, but it seems the "big names" are an exception and that includes guys like Griffin, Paul, Wade etc...

But again, if you want to say Griffin hasn't flopped at all this year, then this debate won't go very far. Especially knowing your rep on here, that your boys can do no wrong in your eyes

I Rock Shaqs
01-20-2013, 01:05 PM

Oh my goodness, just try to look past your raging homo erotic man crush on the boy and just admit he's really good at flopping, sheesh.

ATL#22
01-20-2013, 01:06 PM
He's amazing but yes

Clippersfan86
01-20-2013, 01:08 PM
So your saying all year he hasn't flopped? I know its toned down since last year, but to sit here and say its his first of the year? Hard to believe. I've seen guys get warnings for similar actions, but it seems the "big names" are an exception and that includes guys like Griffin, Paul, Wade etc...

But again, if you want to say Griffin hasn't flopped at all this year, then this debate won't go very far. Especially knowing your rep on here, that your boys can do no wrong in your eyes

Actually I'm willing to admit flopping. The issue here for me is Griffin is judged differently than anybody else. Griffin has one flop and 3-4 threads spring up with people wishing career ending injuries on him, saying they want people to beat his ***, saying he should be banned from the NBA etc.

Yet you have supposed tough teams like Memphis that come into Staples and flop 3-4 times and there is nothing but silence about it. Nobody talks about it, nobody cares. THAT is the problem I have with the whole Griffin flops topic. Bunch of douchebag sheep who just follow others and nitpick a player they don't like personally and let that spill over into their judgement as a whole.

To answer your question no, Griffin has pretty much cut his flopping down 99+ percent. Outside of the flagrant where he got flipped and this play nobody has cried about a flop for a reason. Trust me if Griffin had been flopping otherwise we would be seeing 3-4 Griffin flops threads a week.

Clippersfan86
01-20-2013, 01:10 PM
Oh my goodness, just try to look past your raging homo erotic man crush on the boy and just admit he's really good at flopping, sheesh.

He's one of the most dramatic floppers in the NBA but the frequency of him doing it is GREATLY overstated by people who don't watch enough Clippers basketball (99 percent of people on this forum). Flopping is something Griffin has pretty much completely cut out of his game this year and even his most harsh critics before have admitted this. One flop doesn't change that.

bigsams50
01-20-2013, 01:15 PM
I agree theres no doubt he deserves it but because hes Sterns baby he will probably do everything he can to ignore it. Imo though its could be hard to ignore, especially if since its LA a lot of people would see it.

I dont think he will be fined, but I wouldnt be too surprised if he got a warning

I think it depends on how big of a deal it is made up to be. If it gains web wide exposure, he will def. have no choice but to fine him imo

Clippersfan86
01-20-2013, 01:18 PM
I think it depends on how big of a deal it is made up to be. If it gains web wide exposure, he will def. have no choice but to fine him imo

Yup... Griffin is such a scumbag they should break their own rules, skip the warning system and just flat out fine the fool 500k. Next time take a hammer to his knees.

bigsams50
01-20-2013, 01:20 PM
Yup... Griffin is such a scumbag they should break their own rules, skip the warning system and just flat out fine the fool 500k. Next time take a hammer to his knees.

I forgot about the 2 warnings rule. Calm down 86. lol He should get a warning*

Clippersfan86
01-20-2013, 01:34 PM
I think a warning is fair. Although he was initially avoiding the elbow most likely, he didn't have to go all the way back like Neo.

bigsams50
01-20-2013, 01:39 PM
lmao Neo hahaha.

GottaLoveCubs
01-20-2013, 01:56 PM
There should really be like a challenge system in place for these fouls. If Nene challenges it and is wrong, he gets a flagrant. If they review it and it is deemed it was a flop, then Griffin gets the flagrant.

ThaDubs
01-20-2013, 02:00 PM
There should really be like a challenge system in place for these fouls. If Nene challenges it and is wrong, he gets a flagrant. If they review it and it is deemed it was a flop, then Griffin gets the flagrant.

No.

Clippersfan86
01-20-2013, 02:01 PM
Nene himself had a bad flop where Griffin drove to the rim, Nene flew to the ground to try and take a charge.. and Griffin dunked over his lifeless body. Like I said before... nobody would want to talk about that though because it's not Griffin. It's weird how much anger and hatred the name "Griffin" brings out of people LMAO.

GottaLoveCubs
01-20-2013, 02:05 PM
Nene himself had a bad flop where Griffin drove to the rim, Nene flew to the ground to try and take a charge.. and Griffin dunked over his lifeless body. Like I said before... nobody would want to talk about that though because it's not Griffin. It's weird how much anger and hatred the name "Griffin" brings out of people LMAO.

So find a clip and make a thread about it.

Clippersfan86
01-20-2013, 02:11 PM
So find a clip and make a thread about it.

People don't go out of their way to make videos of it because it's not Griffin, so to get Nene's flop I'd have to upload it myself. I mean people made that David Lee video where he told Griffin "Stop flopping!!" and it was a huge story... yet don't you find it weird that zero footage of a flop was in the video? Even somebody saying stop flopping to somebody who didn't flop made the news because that person was Blake Griffin.

If you watched the games you're giving opinions on you wouldn't need me to post Youtube videos to prove my point. Watch the fu**ing games bro. That's the best advice I can give everybody honestly. Maybe 1 out of 10 people that comment on the Clippers actually sound like they watch the team. Even analysts give clueless opinions that have me wondering if they are watching footage of the Clippers from 3 years ago or something.

Ezekial
01-20-2013, 02:14 PM
Off with his head!!!!!

D-Leethal
01-20-2013, 02:20 PM
It seems as if he made the initial motion to legitimately avoid the elbow and then embellished the **** out of it.

blahblahyoutoo
01-20-2013, 02:23 PM
First was there a foul even called on that play? If not no harm. I see a big elbow coming toward his face I
would move like that just in case or would you just stand there and hope it stops an inch from your nose.
This.

Clippersfan86
01-20-2013, 02:28 PM
It seems as if he made the initial motion to legitimately avoid the elbow and then embellished the **** out of it.

Pretty much what I see too.

--23--
01-20-2013, 02:29 PM

If I was playing basketball and someone's elbow was coming toward my face full speed I would move my head just like he did. I wouldn't wait to get hit with an elbow and then move :confused:

:laugh: I was thinking the same thing but he did exaggerate on that a little bit lol.

To answer the question will he be fine...No, because isn't the process for flopping 1 warning then a fine on the 2nd warning and by the fifth a suspension.

Cracka2HI!
01-20-2013, 03:32 PM
Well if he didn't move his head he would have taken a Nene elbow to the teeth? I know ya'll hate the guy, but do you think he's dumb enough to just take a shot to the grill?

Cracka2HI!
01-20-2013, 03:39 PM
I read a little bit of this thread. Obviously a lot of Blake haters who are jealous of him for whatever reason. However I do agree with those who said he initially got out of the way and then imbelished the move big time. Yes a warning is in order. I don't think he has any this year. Anyone saying he deserves a suspension or to get punched or killed or something is just a Blake hating idiot.

tredigs
01-20-2013, 03:45 PM

Very possible this is true to be honest. All depends on the next moment in the sequence to see if he tried to play it as an elbow or got right back in there. A lot of unjustified hate on this one if the latter is true in this case. But it's not like Blake is a stranger to flopping.

kylem4711
01-20-2013, 03:52 PM
I hope someone in the league really hurts him.

this ones my favorite.

sep11ie
01-20-2013, 03:59 PM
It's getting out of hand...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHgADbmFLCM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ev1M1AYQR3s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFj_aDUbscA

Clippersfan86
01-20-2013, 04:07 PM
It's getting out of hand...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHgADbmFLCM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ev1M1AYQR3s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFj_aDUbscA

Those were all from last year LMAO. Yea.. I agree he was a flopper last year. Rookie year and this year he wasn't/isn't so doesn't matter.

Victimize
01-20-2013, 04:18 PM
Griffin does this just about every game. If he didnt get fined yet he wont get fined now.

Hawkeye15
01-20-2013, 04:27 PM
he didn't snap his head back until late, that was a monster flop. Blake flops all the time, but he is a superstar, so I doubt the NBA does crap here.

Clippersfan86
01-20-2013, 04:36 PM
he didn't snap his head back until late, that was a monster flop. Blake flops all the time, but he is a superstar, so I doubt the NBA does crap here.

Try to watch more Clippers games before sweeping statements man. Griffin hasn't flopped at all this year, nor did he his rookie year. So 1 of three seasons he flopped a ton and you label it as him "flopping all the time".

kdspurman
01-20-2013, 04:37 PM

That's exactly what I'm saying. They gave Parker a warning and that may be the "biggest name" to get one unless I missed someone? Parker deserved one, but there's been so many other guys (Superstars) try and fool the refs and nothing happens. It's a shame.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqkKAey6GUc

--23--
01-20-2013, 04:39 PM
The flopping started with Blake because of Chris Paul, he's such a bad influence :laugh2:

Hawkeye15
01-20-2013, 04:49 PM
Try to watch more Clippers games before sweeping statements man. Griffin hasn't flopped at all this year, nor did he his rookie year. So 1 of three seasons he flopped a ton and you label it as him "flopping all the time".

I have watched Clippers games (I am a huge CP3 fan, love to watch him). He flops. He does dude, sorry. There is offensive flopping as well you know, right?

Besides, the hatred for Blake comes more from the league protecting him as the new face of the NBA. Every team has floppers.

Hawkeye15
01-20-2013, 04:50 PM
Not sure why so many think its a huge criticism that a player on their team flops. Rubio flops all over the place, so?

Doogolas
01-20-2013, 04:53 PM
Well that could have just been a dodge reaction. I know if I saw an elbow coming towards my face I'd try to get out the way.

Hawkeye15
01-20-2013, 05:07 PM
Well that could have just been a dodge reaction. I know if I saw an elbow coming towards my face I'd try to get out the way.

a dodge isn't throwing your head straight back and flailing backwards. That is called a flop. If an elbow is coming at you, and you think you are in its path, you duck down at an angle. That is a dodge.

I can't believe anyone is saying he was getting out of the way of an elbow. That is not how to get out of the way, that is a pure flop, textbook style.

Clippersfan86
01-20-2013, 05:57 PM
I have watched Clippers games (I am a huge CP3 fan, love to watch him). He flops. He does dude, sorry. There is offensive flopping as well you know, right?

Besides, the hatred for Blake comes more from the league protecting him as the new face of the NBA. Every team has floppers.

You're a good poster and I like your usual postings but this is flat out incorrect. Blake has had 2-3 borderline flops this year. Which is no different than the average NBA player. Last year I'll give it to you that he flopped at least once a game probably or once every other game but this year it's amazing how little he's done it. I have no problem admitting CP3, Hollins and Turiaf have flopped more than a few times this year but Blake isn't in that group. Besides how has the NBA tried to make him the Golden Boy? By showing his amazing dunks?

If you want to know who the Golden Boy is... that's Kevin Durant. Can do no wrong, gets marketed as a hero. Blake's rookie fame was deserved considering he was a top 10 rookie of all time performance wise, made the all star team (voted by coaches) and threw down multiple classic dunks. Griffin on the other hand is hated by refs, hated by the average fan and even ripped apart by NBA writers regularly. FAR from a Golden Boy my friend. You should never dislike a player because of the hype they generate anyways. Griffin has no control over that.

How can you dislike Griffin for flopping then the next minute say you "love" CP3 who's a significantly worse flopper?

Hawkeye15
01-20-2013, 06:01 PM
You're a good poster and I like your usual postings but this is flat out incorrect. Blake has had 2-3 borderline flops this year. Which is no different than the average NBA player. Last year I'll give it to you that he flopped at least once a game probably or once every other game but this year it's amazing how little he's done it. I have no problem admitting CP3, Hollins and Turiaf have flopped more than a few times this year but Blake isn't in that group. Besides how has the NBA tried to make him the Golden Boy? By showing his amazing dunks?

If you want to know who the Golden Boy is... that's Kevin Durant. Can do no wrong, gets marketed as a hero. Blake's rookie fame was deserved considering he was a top 10 rookie of all time performance wise, made the all star team (voted by coaches) and threw down multiple classic dunks. Griffin on the other hand is hated by refs, hated by the average fan and even ripped apart by NBA writers regularly. FAR from a Golden Boy my friend. You should never dislike a player because of the hype they generate anyways. Griffin has no control over that.

How can you dislike Griffin for flopping then the next minute say you "love" CP3 who's a significantly worse flopper?

did you skip over my post where I said I don't get why people get so up in arms about flopping? I could care less. If the league isn't going to do anything about it, by all means, more power to the players that use the technique. Blake uses it. Is he as excessive as last year? No, he doesn't seem to be. Is CP3 as excessive this season? No, but he has the reputation.

Flopping builds you a quick reputation. And what you may perceive as a flop, I might not, and vice versa.

Durant is in the same company as Blake. Young faces of the future NBA, can't breath on them. I think you are overrating the amount of hate Blake gets dude. And the media has fallen back in love with him after he did nothing to improve last year while not guarding anyone. He is playing like a top 2 PF right now, the media loves him, the NBA protects him. They don't want him going up for a sky-high alley oop and getting undercut, it hurts ratings. So they will charge a foul on anyone who gets near him in those situations. That is just how the NBA works. Stars put butts in the seats. They are protected.

Clippersfan86
01-20-2013, 06:10 PM
Can't breath on them? Blake shoots only 6 free throw attempts a game, Durant shoots over 9. Griffin regularly gets mauled by 2-3 players without a call. Most of these "flops" go uncalled anyways so nothing there. Many articles by Clippers writers have come out this year pointing out how quickly the NBA built Griffin up, the proceeded to destroy him the very next year. I don't think as a fan of another team, living in another place it's a good idea to try to assess the general feeling the media/population has towards Griffin.

In general I'd say Griffin is easily one of the most hated on pro athletes in basketball right now. Strike up a conversation with any average basketball fan on the street and they will say all he does is dunk and flop. Listen to analysts like Chuck and Kenny say he's regressed, has low impact and isn't a dependable second option. I mean the hate on such a young, raw player is ASTOUNDING. Especially considering these are the same people who built him up into a basketball God his rookie year.

Hawkeye15
01-20-2013, 06:15 PM
Can't breath on them? Blake shoots only 6 free throw attempts a game, Durant shoots over 9. Griffin regularly gets mauled by 2-3 players without a call. Most of these "flops" go uncalled anyways so nothing there. Many articles by Clippers writers have come out this year pointing out how quickly the NBA built Griffin up, the proceeded to destroy him the very next year. I don't think as a fan of another team, living in another place it's a good idea to try to assess the general feeling the media/population has towards Griffin.

In general I'd say Griffin is easily one of the most hated on pro athletes in basketball right now. Strike up a conversation with any average basketball fan on the street and they will say all he does is dunk and flop. Listen to analysts like Chuck and Kenny say he's regressed, has low impact and isn't a dependable second option. I mean the hate on such a young, raw player is ASTOUNDING. Especially considering these are the same people who built him up into a basketball God his rookie year.

fta's isn't how I measure refs protecting a player. Most hammer him before he even has a chance to get up and going. ****, watching Harden is pissing me off haha, he just nosedives into traffic and throws his arms up, 2 shots.

I don't know man, I think the hatred for Blake is overrated. I don't think its as bad as you are explaining it.

Clippersfan86
01-20-2013, 06:19 PM
fta's isn't how I measure refs protecting a player. Most hammer him before he even has a chance to get up and going. ****, watching Harden is pissing me off haha, he just nosedives into traffic and throws his arms up, 2 shots.

I don't know man, I think the hatred for Blake is overrated. I don't think its as bad as you are explaining it.

Here is one epic article about this topic last year. A bit long but give it a read.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/7493819/perceptions-blake-griffin-change-game-evolves-los-angeles-clippers

Hawkeye15
01-20-2013, 06:22 PM
Here is one epic article about this topic last year. A bit long but give it a read.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/7493819/perceptions-blake-griffin-change-game-evolves-los-angeles-clippers

after his first season, people expected more. Instead, his game didn't develop, and he seemed to waste time whining to the refs, and the flopping came in. People got tired of it, welcome to the human attention span. This season, I see a lot of people relaxing on that stance, Griffin so far, has improved some areas of his game that were being questioned.

SouthSideRookie
01-20-2013, 06:23 PM

His homerism is off the charts this season.

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/5976605/blake_fall2.0_standard_730.0.gif

Clippersfan86
01-20-2013, 06:24 PM
His homerism is off the charts this season.

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/5976605/blake_fall2.0_standard_730.0.gif

I have a hard time calling something a flop when the most explosive player in the NBA takes off for a dunk and has his arm yanked midair. I don't know if any gymnast on the planet can intentionally do this kind of move based on what I know of physics. He was clearly yanked off balance which isn't remotely close to a flop.

Clippersfan86
01-20-2013, 06:27 PM
after his first season, people expected more. Instead, his game didn't develop, and he seemed to waste time whining to the refs, and the flopping came in. People got tired of it, welcome to the human attention span. This season, I see a lot of people relaxing on that stance, Griffin so far, has improved some areas of his game that were being questioned.

Blake actually improved his game quite a bit last year, people just focused on the whining and flops as you said. Griffin's jumper, defense and post game all improved and not only do numbers back that up but footage as well. His PER jumped a full 2 points, his defensive metrics were all up. This year he took it a bit further with a big leap in defense, 65 percent free throw shooting and climbing and the jumper that's been money at times but the improvement was there.

Problem is people that don't understand how basketball works thought that adding a TON of talent even outside of Chris Paul.... wouldn't affect Blake's numbers? I mean of course he won't get 25 and 12 on a team this loaded. Blake BTW has hit 26 of his last 29 free throws since Jan 1st. He's on pace for maybe 45 free throws this month which is pretty terrible and wrong. Durant can get that many in 2-3 games easy.

mjt20mik
01-20-2013, 06:33 PM
Biggest ***** in the game right now.

Hawkeye15
01-20-2013, 06:36 PM
Blake actually improved his game quite a bit last year, people just focused on the whining and flops as you said. Griffin's jumper, defense and post game all improved and not only do numbers back that up but footage as well. His PER jumped a full 2 points, his defensive metrics were all up. This year he took it a bit further with a big leap in defense, 65 percent free throw shooting and climbing and the jumper that's been money at times but the improvement was there.

Problem is people that don't understand how basketball works thought that adding a TON of talent even outside of Chris Paul.... wouldn't affect Blake's numbers? I mean of course he won't get 25 and 12 on a team this loaded. Blake BTW has hit 26 of his last 29 free throws since Jan 1st. He's on pace for maybe 45 free throws this month which is pretty terrible and wrong. Durant can get that many in 2-3 games easy.

Blake's foul draw rate is 13.6%. Durant 15.7%, Kobe 12.4%, LeBron 13%. He just gets wrapped up quick, and opponents don't allow him to get in motion many times is why his free throw attempts are as high.

Clippersfan86
01-20-2013, 06:48 PM
Blake's foul draw rate is 13.6%. Durant 15.7%, Kobe 12.4%, LeBron 13%. He just gets wrapped up quick, and opponents don't allow him to get in motion many times is why his free throw attempts are as high.

Last I saw Lebron is at a career low and is usually much higher. Griffin is the most hacked player in the NBA so his should be much higher. Leader in flagrants received by a good margin the last 3 years, with Lebron a ways behind him in second place. Teams regularly get away with smacking, scratching and pushing him on shots. Durant= trip over his own feet, foul calls. Kobe= kick opponents midshot, foul call.

Captain Moroni
01-20-2013, 06:59 PM
Was there a foul on the play? Was he just trying to avoid getting hit? I would love to see the end or result of the inconclusive video.

GoferKing_
01-20-2013, 07:02 PM

Yeah thats why he did it so everyone would think that he got hit. BULLLLLLLLLSHIIIIIIT dude, and you know it.

kdspurman
01-20-2013, 07:23 PM
Last I saw Lebron is at a career low and is usually much higher. Griffin is the most hacked player in the NBA so his should be much higher. Leader in flagrants received by a good margin the last 3 years, with Lebron a ways behind him in second place. Teams regularly get away with smacking, scratching and pushing him on shots. Durant= trip over his own feet, foul calls. Kobe= kick opponents midshot, foul call.

I agree Blake takes some tough fouls. From a basketball mentality, I think some of that is the Clippers showboating when they have big leads. There's nothing wrong with that by any means before you get upset at that, but opponents don't necessarily appreciate that, so they deliver hard fouls. I thought Dwight got hit just as much as Blake did last year before he missed a bunch of games, he's always had that issue of being a big guy not getting the calls he deserves.

Blake hitting his FT's might start making people think twice about fouling him. But I think if the Clips continue to have these big leads but they still look for lobs (And it's not just the Clips it's any teams who does this) might see hard fouls in those scenarios.

No arguments about some of the calls Durant gets, but that's how the league is.

Blitzbolt
01-20-2013, 07:36 PM
I don't know if they still flop alot like last year because I don't see alot of clipp games(east coast) but last year it help them in the playoffs and use Flopping as a weapon and got into the head of the grizzlies.

ZBO said he was gonna give him a reason to flop and he did http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIPDW7TQwSA we also injured him in that series because of his flopping.

Clippersfan86
01-20-2013, 07:37 PM
I agree Dwight gets butchered too. Difference is Dwight regularly has games where he shoots 20 free throws and is always among the league leaders in free throw attempts per game (number 1 this year). Griffin on the other hand is ranked 13th in the NBA in attempts at 5.3 attempts per game (Howard is at 10). Cousins, Sessions, Pierce and Love all ahead of Griffin?? Doesn't make sense to me.

Clippersfan86
01-20-2013, 07:39 PM
I don't know if they still flop alot like last year because I don't see alot of clipp games(east coast) but last year it help them in the playoffs and use Flopping as a weapon and got into the head of the grizzlies.

ZBO said he was gonna give him a reason to flop and he did http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIPDW7TQwSA we also injured him in that series because of his flopping.

Oh a Grizzlies fan. Your boys have outflopped the Clippers in both games this year and you still got your ***** beaten by an average of 19 ppg. Not to mention in the playoffs most general NBA fans admitted that the Clippers didn't really flop. Gasol is great at that head snap though brah. Too bad it didn't save you guys. Clippers just plain out dominate the Grizzlies every time pretty much... beat them at their own game and there isn't much you can do about it. Till next time lover boy.

Blitzbolt
01-20-2013, 07:45 PM
LOL the season is not over yet I remember you guys blow us out last year too.Keep digging your own grave and even if you beat us we will injured some of your key players for the next series we did to SAS OKC too.

So bring it on dominate all you want.

Clippersfan86
01-20-2013, 07:46 PM
LOL the season is not over yet I remember you guys blow us out last year too.Keep digging your own grave and even if you beat us we will injured some of your key players for the next series we did to SAS OKC too.

Wow your team is good at injuring players? That's awesome. Can you win basketball games or will you remain the most overrated team in NBA history for much longer is the question here.

Cromedome
01-20-2013, 07:47 PM
Don't let Batum see this video.

Blitzbolt
01-20-2013, 07:55 PM
Wow your team is good at injuring players? That's awesome. Can you win basketball games or will you remain the most overrated team in NBA history for much longer is the question here.We have nothing lose we are Memphis we don't ride a superStars D!ck like you guys(CP3) as long as we make the playoffs I'm happy.

Clippersfan86
01-20-2013, 08:03 PM
We have nothing lose we are Memphis we don't ride a superStars D!ck like you guys(CP3) as long as we make the playoffs I'm happy.

Clippers are 3-0 this year without CP3 with all 3 wins coming against playoff teams and winning by an average of 16 ppg. Not sure how much the Clippers are "riding a superstars dick".

TheSource
01-20-2013, 08:31 PM
Will he be? Probably not. Should he be? Hell yes.

rocket
01-20-2013, 08:35 PM

Yeah man when I see an elbow coming to me I just fly back 2 feet and tilt my neck backwards.

kylem4711
01-20-2013, 08:45 PM

ha. ooook tough guy

Hawkeye15
01-20-2013, 11:58 PM

Simply refuting the fact that you say he doesn't get star calls. Guess what? When you become more perimeter oriented, and have your worst offensive rebounding year by far, you get less foul shots, especially when the other team knows to hit you before the gather.

Kuya_Clive
01-21-2013, 12:10 AM
He deserves a warning for that to be honest. He moved his upper body way too far to truly justify the argument that Blake was just dodging Nene's elbow. The flailing of the arms and loss of balance also suggest that he was trying to show that he was hit, even though he really wasn't. Blake hasn't flopped very much this year compared to last year, but this deserves a warning to show the players that they will warn/fine anyone, even the stars of the NBA.

Doogolas
01-21-2013, 10:44 AM
a dodge isn't throwing your head straight back and flailing backwards. That is called a flop. If an elbow is coming at you, and you think you are in its path, you duck down at an angle. That is a dodge.

I can't believe anyone is saying he was getting out of the way of an elbow. That is not how to get out of the way, that is a pure flop, textbook style.

I've done literally exactly what he did before, and it wasn't during a basketball game. He flops all the time. And I HATE Blake Griffin, he's on the top 5 list of people I like least in the league, but that looked like moving out of the way to me. :shrug:

Losoway
01-21-2013, 10:50 AM
how is this a flop??? if i seen a big elbow coming at my face im doing the same exact thing. its not like he fell to the ground or anything he simply just moved away

farren.louis
01-21-2013, 10:56 AM
He needs to , thats pathetic lmao