PDA

View Full Version : The unsung hero of the 2010 Free Agent Class

NYC
01-19-2013, 02:25 PM
Carlos Boozer. He deserves his due.

LeBron, Wade, Bosh, Amare, even Joe Johnson get more headlines - but the last major signing of the class, Boozer - is tearing it up this season 16.2 points and 10 boards a game.

The Bulls definitely wouldn't be 23-15 without him.

NYKnickFanatic
01-19-2013, 02:35 PM
Bulls wouldnt be 23-15 without Thibs.

Sactown
01-19-2013, 02:39 PM
In order of who deserves there contract most

Lebron
Wade
Bosh
Boozer
JJ
Amare...

He's still in the bottom half, so he's not really an unsung hero, especially considering JJ just joined a new team, and if Rose returns and JJ picks up his play, he might go back to being 2nd to last in 2010's big free agent signings.

Dade County
01-19-2013, 02:40 PM

LeBron, Wade, Bosh, Amare, even Joe Johnson get more headlines - but the last major signing of the class, Boozer - is tearing it up this season 16.2 points and 10 boards a game.

Troll

Sactown
01-19-2013, 02:42 PM
Troll

Wait, he's a Knicks fan, and is giving a Bulls fan credit for his play as of late? I'm not a professional troller, but if he's trolling, I don't think he's doing it right.

MrfadeawayJB
01-19-2013, 02:51 PM
wow. So boozer plays good for a small sample size (like 15 games) and all of the sudden he is one of the best FA signings in 2010. Ask Bulls fans about boozer. Most will say trade him before he comes back down to earth lol

DoMeFavors
01-19-2013, 02:53 PM
he has stepped up this yr but wasnt earning his money the past 2 years.

DoMeFavors
01-19-2013, 02:54 PM
Bosh was looked at like a superstar during that 2010 free agency he was looked at as a top 10 player I think, I think Boozer would have been the better fit for Miami since he is a good pick and roll player.

Sactown
01-19-2013, 02:55 PM
Bosh was looked at like a superstar during that 2010 free agency he was looked at as a top 10 player I think, I think Boozer would have been the better fit for Miami since he is a good pick and roll player.

You're so wrong it's not even funny, Boozer is 6'8... Imagine Miami trying to stick him in at center.. Also Boozer players poorly when playing the bigger PF's of the league..

DoMeFavors
01-19-2013, 02:59 PM
You're so wrong it's not even funny, Boozer is 6'8... Imagine Miami trying to stick him in at center.. Also Boozer players poorly when playing the bigger PF's of the league..

yeah they wouldnt put him at center could put him at PF, with an elite passer in Lebron and Wade the pick and roll would be unstoppable.

Stunner
01-19-2013, 03:03 PM
Boozer 's contract > Amare's contract , Boozer passes up more money with the Nets to sign with the Bulls . And yes Boozer would have been a better fit with the Heat seeing he would have brought some toughness and better rebounding . Plus this the Heat would have prob gotten a legit Center somehow.

Sactown
01-19-2013, 03:08 PM
yeah they wouldnt put him at center could put him at PF, with an elite passer in Lebron and Wade the pick and roll would be unstoppable.

Bosh is more athletic, has size, and is good in the pick and pop and can also create for himself better than boozer can, he's younger and just an all around better player..Miami would have been stupid to go for Boozer.

Ezio
01-19-2013, 03:11 PM
Bosh is more athletic, has size, and is good in the pick and pop and can also create for himself better than boozer can, he's younger and just an all around better player..Miami would have been stupid to go for Boozer.

Boozer's averages skyrocket when playing in the Florida area.

Stunner
01-19-2013, 03:11 PM
Actually Miami did want Boozer , he was their 2nd option if they missed Bosh but we all knew this was planned

todu82
01-19-2013, 03:13 PM
I like Boozer. The guy's a pretty good player. That said to say he's the unsung hero of the 2010 draft class is pushing it a lot.

97NYer
01-19-2013, 03:14 PM
STAT's first year in NY surpasses anything Boozer has done or will do in his career.

Stunner
01-19-2013, 03:20 PM
STAT's first year in NY surpasses anything Boozer has done or will do in his career.

And look where he is now , bad knees , punching things and not living up to that contract because he hardlys plays .

DoMeFavors
01-19-2013, 03:42 PM
Its funny how Amare thinks Woodson thinks he is better off the bench, its cause Woodson doesnt want to play him. He is 20 million dollars of waste and cant even start on the team. He must feel great about himself.

denverfan66
01-19-2013, 03:45 PM
I'm happy for Boozer but he's only been playing at a high level for a few weeks. Before that he was a major disappointment with the Bulls. Saying that, he deserves to be in the AS game but I wouldn't call him an "unsung hero". No matter how he plays, I'll always have a problem with his kids wearing Lebron jerseys.

justinnum1
01-19-2013, 04:18 PM
I like Boozer. The guy's a pretty good player. That said to say he's the unsung hero of the 2010 draft class is pushing it a lot.

this. lee deserves that honor more than boozer

kozelkid
01-19-2013, 04:22 PM

And what was that? A first round exit?

That isn't even taking into account the detriment that Amare's contract currently is.

Stunner
01-19-2013, 04:38 PM
Knicks should have kept Lee , the fell in love with the star power name .

rocket
01-19-2013, 04:40 PM
Troll

This is why the NBA forum is horrible, with posts like these that make me want to punch my computer screen. How in any sense is he being a troll.

Stuckey#3
01-19-2013, 06:45 PM
Boozer>Bosh.

Stuckey#3
01-19-2013, 06:48 PM
Because Miami fans troll so hard and often they have lost grasp of what the word means.

Green_Monster
01-19-2013, 07:26 PM
This is why the NBA forum is horrible, with posts like these that make me want to punch my computer screen. How in any sense is he being a troll.

This. It's extremly annoying and childish.

Rivera
01-19-2013, 07:37 PM
I think Carlos boozer is the most overrated hot garbage in the nba. Yea he puts up nice stats during the regular season. But it will be the playoffs start he will disappear and get abused like he always does. He sucks he's over paid IMO

Minimal
01-19-2013, 08:28 PM

He was tearing up before he signed the contract, not now. He was was averaging 20 PPG and 11 RPG before signing with Bulls. And most credit for 23-15 record goes to Thibs, not any player on the team.

2-ONE-5
01-20-2013, 12:44 AM
what due does he deserve? Boozer and (D-Will) have really struggled since leaving Utah. Boozer was benched late in games last year, playing good less then half way through this season doesnt make up for a ll the bad

THE MTL
01-20-2013, 01:33 AM
Im glad Boozer is finally living up to his contract because for the past 2 years he sure hasnt done a damn thing! I hate how you ppl only have short term memories. 2010 was 3 years ago and its finally coming thru now? This has got to be some type of joke.

THE MTL
01-20-2013, 01:34 AM
For all of you hating on Amare, look what he did in his first season in NYC putting up MVP numbers in the first half! Lets see Boozer play at this level the entire year and not disappear in the playoffs. Oh but first lets see if he can even sustain this level of play for another month.

THE MTL
01-20-2013, 01:39 AM
Its funny how Amare thinks Woodson thinks he is better off the bench, its cause Woodson doesnt want to play him. He is 20 million dollars of waste and cant even start on the team. He must feel great about himself.

If you actually watched the Knicks you would notice that Woodson wants to play him. If you didnt already know this, Amare is limited to about 20mpg...but yet Woodson goes over that time always.

So Do me a favor, and STFU!

Super.
01-20-2013, 01:56 AM
Troll

troll? clearly you have no idea what a troll is, if you think that is trolling.

god damn is this forum filled with cancer

justinnum1
01-20-2013, 02:01 AM
Boozer>Bosh.

Pretty sure any bulls fan would rather have bosh over boozer.

reason boozers numbers look so good is he i basically their #1 option with rose out(deng is also the #1/2 option).

But in terms of talent and who is the better player. Bosh>boozer.

naps
01-20-2013, 02:19 AM
Bulls fans should pray for a trade now that his value is somewhat up. He's nowhere near worth the contract he has. Where did he rank in PF rankings? Bringing Bosh into any Boozer discussion is utter disrespect to Bosh.

Eagles710
01-20-2013, 02:32 AM
OMG BOOZER IS THE BEST!!! EVER!!! he is amazing! electricfying every night!!! ... leader on and off the court!!! I have no idea where the nba would be without him, he is best player on the chicago bulls!... maybe better then jordan!!! at least should be in the convo

--23--
01-20-2013, 04:18 AM
what due does he deserve? Boozer and (D-Will) have really struggled since leaving Utah. Boozer was benched late in games last year, playing good less then half way through this season doesnt make up for a ll the bad

lol Boozer always got benched late in games even by Sloan, it's mainly because of his lack of defensive effort and sometimes his overall effort. In Utah Sloan would replace him with Millsap late in games and it's basically the same trend here with Taj.

Boozer is a good 16-19 ppg kind of guy and always been a good rebounder. But he's not a 2nd option he's more of a 3rd option.

Stunner
01-20-2013, 04:39 AM
There is no real argument of Boozer being overpaid , and at the 2010 time he got one of the best offers . Even though Boozer wasn't putting up 20 and 10 he was still hovering around 18 and 10 actually . He isn't the 2nd option more like 3rd behind Deng . You can say Boozer numbers would look better if they looked to get him involved early in the game or he would actually play in the 4th because of his defense . But nobody wants to talk about that . Boozer has been playing well enough for the Bulls to win not a ship but he has kept us competive . Boozer even in a bit of a decline was still a top 10 PF in the Game . He's been healthy ever since that freak accident his first year and I'm proud of his recent play and would not like to trade him now . If they keep feeding Boozer early the Bulls win 90% of their games and when Rose comes back they will be a contender again . But the unsung hero of 2010 is David Lee and next would be Boozer . They are both the least talked about from the 2010 free agent class.

Stunner
01-20-2013, 04:41 AM
For all of you hating on Amare, look what he did in his first season in NYC putting up MVP numbers in the first half! Lets see Boozer play at this level the entire year and not disappear in the playoffs. Oh but first lets see if he can even sustain this level of play for another month.

That's all nice but he fell apart as soon as Melo got there plus his knees are bad now . So all that money you spent for that one explosive year looks like poo now because he isn't producing . You guys were better off with Lee who has been consistent every since he started averaging a double double .

Becks2307
01-20-2013, 04:53 AM
I am the biggest DAvid Lee fan, but if we resigned him then we would be the 8th seed or worst right now. Carmelo was not coming to NYC to play with David Le..

KingsOfQueens
01-20-2013, 11:17 AM
I would say David Lee is the unsung hero of the 2010 FA class. One of the most consistent 20/10 guys in the NBA and a huge part of the Warriors success this year.

--23--
01-20-2013, 03:09 PM
I would say David Lee is the unsung hero of the 2010 FA class. One of the most consistent 20/10 guys in the NBA and a huge part of the Warriors success this year.

Neither Boozer or David Lee are consistent 20/10 guys, where are people getting these numbers from lol. Boozer avg 20 ppg about 2-3 times in his career, David Lee did it twice and is on his way to his third if he continues at this pace. Now both guys are hounds on the boards they will get you rebounds, and they're both not great defensively which is common from today's PF's lol.