PDA

View Full Version : Does joey crawford hate the lakers?

el hidalgo
01-19-2013, 01:46 PM
insteresting thread i saw in the lakers forum. ill quote it.

Does it seem like every time Crawford officiates a Laker game, we get raped. It's also funny that Stern hand picked him for this nationally televised Laker home game against his precious Lebron. Seriously though, we got ****ed on the calls tonight. Minus Howards 13 free throws, (most likely given to even up the team totals) the Heat had 8 more than we did and Kobe only got 2 free throws on 25 shot attempts. Anyone watching this game had to have noticed that something wasn't right. I still don't know how they let Joey Crawford officiate games in the NBA...oh ya...he is one of Sterns best go to guys...I forgot. Does anyone have the Lakers overall record when Crawford is the official? I'm sure they win their share of the meaningless ones, but the important games and playoff games have to have losing records when good ol' Joey is at work.

anybody think joey or stern are trying to screw over the lakers?

SoFreshNsoClean
01-19-2013, 01:49 PM
how many championships do the Lakers have?

No I dont think anyone is trying to screw the Lakers

kdspurman
01-19-2013, 01:49 PM
We Spurs fans certainly aren't too fond of that man. After last years Game 6 and throwing TD out for laughing as 2 examples, I cringe when I know he's reffing our games.

I honestly haven't watched enough of his games where LA is playing to form an honest opinion. But I wouldn't doubt it, he seems like the kind of dude to hold grudges.

ManRam
01-19-2013, 01:56 PM
He's been in the league for like 35 years or something, right? I think if he really hated a certain team the NBA would have picked up on it now. I think it's Lakers fan paranoia. He's reffed so many of their games, and probably has made a ton of bad calls...but due to the sheer volume they probably see it as a trend, when it's probably not anything outside the ordinary.

I don't know. He's generally not liked by most teams...

The Duncan ejection was by far the most egregious thing he's done, and the league called him out on it too.

DumDum
01-19-2013, 01:58 PM
at one point in time joey look like he was wearing the purple and yellow sort speak :p

Infamous916
01-19-2013, 02:01 PM
Thanks for the laugh, OP.

Longhornfan1234
01-19-2013, 02:03 PM
Crawford loves him some Wade.

gotoHcarolina52
01-19-2013, 02:05 PM
Points in the paint:
Heat: 68
Los Angeles: 28

Free throws:
Heat: 23
Los Angeles: 28

And then there's this: http://i50.tinypic.com/24mcgns.png

tapajafri
01-19-2013, 02:05 PM
We all know dick bavetta sure doesn't hate the lakers.

The proof is in every laker game bavetta officiates.

mdm692
01-19-2013, 02:17 PM
Wow lol. Lakers fans complaining about the refs now. Your team is in a current slump and sucks it happens so just chill. You wanna blame somebody blame your FO for such a ridiculous hiring in Mike D'Antoni.

envymamba24
01-19-2013, 02:19 PM
Wow lol. Lakers fans complaining about the refs now. Your team is in a current slump and sucks it happens so just chill. You wanna blame somebody blame your FO for such a ridiculous hiring in Mike D'Antoni.

Truth.

Im_in_Mia_bish
01-19-2013, 02:26 PM
lol...

mzgrizz
01-19-2013, 02:30 PM
Are you kidding? Joey Crawford looks like he hates most of the teams not with LA or NY in the names.

shep33
01-19-2013, 02:32 PM
The Pacers game he officiated for us was absolutely atrocious. Other than that I can't really say honestly.

But Spurs fans have a lot to be upset about with him. In general though, the dude puts on a show, and he tries to make himself a bigger part of the game when the cameras are on.

J4KOP99
01-19-2013, 02:35 PM
He doesn't hate the Lakers, nor does he have anything against them from what i can tell. However, I strongly believe that Crawford is the single worst ref in the NBA. He let's his emotion take over the game.

The **** he pulled on Duncan is as pathetic as it gets.

mngopher35
01-19-2013, 02:35 PM
haha less fouls, more free throws, and they blame the refs for the game. I watched the whole game and while their were some bad calls it went both ways, no different than any normal game. Some Lakers fans feel entitled to win I guess so when the refs don't favor them they complain. I love how the op complains about kobes 2 ft's and says the league is protecting its precious lebron who shot the same amount of times and only had 4 fts (and he attacked the basket much more)...

Sactown
01-19-2013, 02:46 PM
Kobe Bryant took 4 shots in the paint.... Not surprising that he wasn't hacked while taking long 2's. Also if any team doesn't have the right to ***** about officiating, it's the Lakers...

Teeboy1487
01-19-2013, 02:49 PM
I thought the refs kept the game close for both sides but the refereeing was not the reason the Lakers lost. No answers for Lebron and Wade.

LoveMeOrHateMe
01-19-2013, 02:57 PM
Kobe Bryant took 4 shots in the paint.... Not surprising that he wasn't hacked while taking long 2's. Also if any team doesn't have the right to ***** about officiating, it's the Lakers...

Do u want a cookie with that?

Slug3
01-19-2013, 03:07 PM
Do u want a cookie with that?

With what? Him stating the obvious?

Blink
01-19-2013, 03:12 PM
Im pretty sure Joey and Tayshaun Prince were going at it a few weeks ago. I thought it was hilarious

Sly Guy
01-19-2013, 03:12 PM
The Pacers game he officiated for us was absolutely atrocious. Other than that I can't really say honestly.

But Spurs fans have a lot to be upset about with him. In general though, the dude puts on a show, and he tries to make himself a bigger part of the game when the cameras are on.

If they ever baned him from officiating nationally televised games. He'd probably move to Europe

RLundi
01-19-2013, 03:17 PM
No.

HouRealCoach
01-19-2013, 03:18 PM
Here you guys go making excuses again... EVERYONE on this board called Knick fans ******** for talking about what happened in the playoffs last year in game 1 (2nd quarter) & you all acted like you didn't see it.

Now you understand right?

HouRealCoach
01-19-2013, 03:23 PM
Another thing, it's easy to diss the referees for the job they do. Seeing that we are watching from TV & get to see slow motion replays and trip about a missed call. I think the NFL replacement refs actually proved how hard of a job it is to officiate professional sports. I'd bet any of you would do 10 times as bad if you were in their shoes.

& Stern wants to end the "Hack-a-Howard" so this thread is just ridiculous. How many playoffs have the referees helped the Lakers to? You guys are just gonna keep coming with excuses

Hardaway Here
01-19-2013, 03:26 PM
Kobe was chucking away all game and your mad the refs weren't calling fouls for him. ******** OP did you even watch the game. He barely sniffed the paint during that game.

sep11ie
01-19-2013, 03:41 PM
Joey Crawford hates all things not Joey Crawford.

ILLUSIONIST^248
01-19-2013, 04:01 PM

This.

Zefflin
01-19-2013, 04:07 PM
We Spurs fans certainly aren't too fond of that man. After last years Game 6 and throwing TD out for laughing as 2 examples, I cringe when I know he's reffing our games.

Yeah I remember that garbage, but anyway. Joey Crawford gets mad rich betting on all those lakers games he's thrown.

TheMoneyTeam
01-19-2013, 04:25 PM
He's egotistical and self serving. He has no business officiating, period. And yes, he despises the Lakers.

Tanakid777
01-19-2013, 04:26 PM
Joey Crawford hates everyone

nickdymez
01-19-2013, 04:33 PM
Why are people answering this? Clear bait/troll ****. El hiadlgo Trolls the laker forum just to make threads like these. Id make a damn good mod!

ThaDubs
01-19-2013, 04:34 PM
Lakers fans are so cute with their excuses.

Tony_Starks
01-19-2013, 07:52 PM
Crawford is emotional but all in all he's a good ref. Plus Im of the personal opinion that blaming the refs is always a lame excuse. If you can't adjust to how the refs are calling the game you shouldn't be playing.....

justinnum1
01-19-2013, 08:15 PM
Proof that stern picks the refs?

Why are people answering this? Clear bait/troll ****. El hiadlgo Trolls the laker forum just to make threads like these. Id make a damn good mod!

You would make an awful mod.

Raps08-09 Champ
01-19-2013, 08:18 PM
No. He's just a bad ref.

sep11ie
01-19-2013, 08:26 PM
Joey Crawford loves the Lakers, he hates cinnamon.

LAKERMANIA
01-19-2013, 11:01 PM
Can people stop saying El Hidalgo is a Laker fan? We have a bad enough rep as it is... Thanks.

Kashmir13579
01-19-2013, 11:05 PM
mediocre troll thread

Kashmir13579
01-19-2013, 11:06 PM
Can people stop saying El Hidalgo is a Laker fan? We have a bad enough rep as it is... Thanks.

bro some ****er was doign the same thing with Knicks fans.. Making countless Iman Shumpert threads. I wouldn't be surprised if its the same guy. The worst part is that people actually fall for it. :facepalm:

SeoulBeatz
01-19-2013, 11:09 PM
insteresting thread i saw in the lakers forum. ill quote it.

anybody think joey or stern are trying to screw over the lakers?

the Lakers are screwing themselves.

Do you really think they're trying to make a team with KOBE, NASH, and DWIGHT lose on purpose. How on Earth would that make the NBA any money?

I suggest yall rewatch the 01' WCF with the Kings and tell me the NBA is trying to screw the LAKERS. gtfo haha.

nickdymez
01-19-2013, 11:10 PM
the Lakers are screwing themselves.

Do you really think they're trying to make a team with KOBE, NASH, and DWIGHT lose on purpose. How on Earth would that make the NBA any money?

I suggest yall rewatch the 01' WCF with the Kings and tell me the NBA is trying to screw the LAKERS. gtfo haha.

Oh yea, your talking about the series where the Lakers shot less free throws than the Kings? Shut the **** up

nickdymez
01-19-2013, 11:11 PM
Proof that stern picks the refs?

You would make an awful mod.

I dont care what heat fans say until they catch the Lakers rings......... Or at least kobe's

SeoulBeatz
01-19-2013, 11:29 PM
Oh yea, your talking about the series where the Lakers shot less free throws than the Kings? Shut the **** up

U mad? U mad that your team with infinitely more talent than mine has the same record?

I would be too.

Seguin
01-19-2013, 11:32 PM
There's a thread in the Lakers forum as well. From what I've gathered, the nba, refs, the mayans, and god all hate the Lakers. It's the only reason they haven't gone undefeated the last few years.

Seguin
01-19-2013, 11:33 PM
I dont care what heat fans say until they catch the Lakers rings......... Or at least kobe's

You must have pretty low self esteem if your life depends on what a sports team does

ThaDubs
01-19-2013, 11:40 PM
I know this is a troll thread but all you Lakers fans who are supporting the OP are just mad cause Lakers suck.

dalton749
01-19-2013, 11:54 PM
haha what a joke. if anyone is getting ****ed by the refs its the raptors they constantly get nothing to go in their favor. but dont worry, the league apologizes after giving us the l and admits they didnt want us to win

nickdymez
01-20-2013, 12:00 AM
You must have pretty low self esteem if your life depends on what a sports team does

you read that in my post?

akagiredsuns
01-20-2013, 12:15 AM

Over Phil Jackson no less. LOL

Trueblue2
01-20-2013, 04:53 AM
I don't think he has anything against the Lakers, he's just a horrible ref. He's like that teacher that's way too old and has completely lost interest in his job, but he's there on tenure so he's not gonna get fired so you just have to put up with it whenever you get stuck with him.

And (some) Laker fans have been *****ing about Crawford for a while now. Not that I think it's justified, but they're not trying to blame the refs for our loosing this season.

amos1er
01-20-2013, 04:57 AM

Don't worry...we do.

amos1er
01-20-2013, 04:59 AM

Well, I can express my thoughts for some of you who clearly did not watch that series.

For one, during the whole series, the Kings shot 204 FTs and the Lakers shot 185 FTs.

In the controversial game 6, the Lakers shot 15 more FTs than the Kings did for the whole game. What is often mentioned by people who did actually watch the whole series is that game 6 was the reversal of game 5, which the Kings got the beneficial calls that sealed the win for them.

Also, to point out, the largest FT discrepancy came in game 3, where the Kings shot 20 more FTs than the Lakers did. In game 2, the Kings shot 13 more FTs than the Lakers did.

Up until game 6, it was believed by many players that the Kings were getting lots of help. Mobley mentioned this on the Best Damn Sports Show between games 5 and 6.

In the end, the Kings had a 10+ FT advantage in 3 of the 7 games. The Lakers only had 1 game where they shot more than a double digit against the Kings. Kind of odd when one team has a near prime Shaq and a prime Kobe, no?

Watch the whole series and then let's talk. Until then, it's useless to debate.

amos1er
01-20-2013, 05:01 AM
insteresting thread i saw while trolling in the lakers forum. ill quote it.

fixed.

setman2000
01-20-2013, 07:16 AM
Not as much as I do!

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-20-2013, 07:35 AM
crooked ref he is

sventhedog
01-20-2013, 09:30 AM
doesn't make sense. why would you screw something that earns you money?

it makes sense if you screw a small market team.

would you refuse your salary after you've worked so hard for it?

Hustlenomics
01-20-2013, 09:54 AM
Joey Crawford who gift wrapped the lakers game 7 in 2010 by giving them 21 free attempts in the fourth quarter..you cant be serious

BALLER R
01-20-2013, 09:54 AM
Whenever I hear he's going to ref a Raptors game I just automatically give us the lost. him and I think the other one is scott Foster.

mzgrizz
01-20-2013, 10:02 AM
Maybe another question would be" is there any fan that doesn't hate Joey Crawford"? I know I don't hate the man, but when he threw 4-5 techs at us in one game in a couple minute span, he earned my forever enmity.

el hidalgo
01-20-2013, 02:55 PM
Well, I can express my thoughts for some of you who clearly did not watch that series.

For one, during the whole series, the Kings shot 204 FTs and the Lakers shot 185 FTs.

In the controversial game 6, the Lakers shot 15 more FTs than the Kings did for the whole game. What is often mentioned by people who did actually watch the whole series is that game 6 was the reversal of game 5, which the Kings got the beneficial calls that sealed the win for them.

Also, to point out, the largest FT discrepancy came in game 3, where the Kings shot 20 more FTs than the Lakers did. In game 2, the Kings shot 13 more FTs than the Lakers did.

Up until game 6, it was believed by many players that the Kings were getting lots of help. Mobley mentioned this on the Best Damn Sports Show between games 5 and 6.

In the end, the Kings had a 10+ FT advantage in 3 of the 7 games. The Lakers only had 1 game where they shot more than a double digit against the Kings. Kind of odd when one team has a near prime Shaq and a prime Kobe, no?

Watch the whole series and then let's talk. Until then, it's useless to debate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjRcTiwVEwo