PDA

View Full Version : What Is Going On With People Discrediting Lebron`s Championship?

RocketLoc80
01-19-2013, 04:36 AM
People will go any length to discredit this man saying he got lucky or Miami Beat OKC by luck or he won`t win another chip>? I have never even seen so much hate for one player man. Makes me want to root for him more man. Even win one more MVP,FMVP and Championship to really shut up so-called critics.(Kobe,Melo, and even Durant fans)

bklynny67
01-19-2013, 04:46 AM
LOL at this thread. But anyways, don't call it Lebron's championship. Pretty sure he had teammates.

And people discredit it because in the old days all the great players wanted to beat each other and win their own championships and Lebron planned to join forces with two of his friends which one happened to be another great player in history and another top big in the game because he wasn't able to win one in CLE.

He took the easier route and joined Wade and Bosh. He'll never be considered as good as MJ since he had to join those guys. MJ stayed in one place and led the Bulls to 6 straight titles while he was playing. With Wade and Bosh as teammates, there should be no excuse why the Heat shouldn't win every season like MJ and the Bulls did.

Once he doesn't constantly win titles like that, people will finally stop comparing him to MJ cuz that comparison is a joke.

naps
01-19-2013, 04:53 AM
And why do all your threads involve LeBron/Heat? I don't see many people discrediting LeBron here. Some do and they obviously don't count for much credibility as posters here. So close this piece of **** already!

RocketLoc80
01-19-2013, 05:05 AM
So in other words you don`t see him winning another chip?

3ballbomber
01-19-2013, 05:32 AM
it was bought. coward is now a hero.......but some, if not many still are not impressed. why would they!

Kashmir13579
01-19-2013, 06:59 AM
obvious troll

envymamba24
01-19-2013, 10:54 AM
I honestly haven't heard much of that, but coming from a guy who truly believes lebron is a dbag and can't stand him...the man is still the best player in the world and I could see him winning 3 or 4 more championships (though I don't want him to).

heyman321
01-19-2013, 11:08 AM
He did it with a franchise that already had won something with Wade as the man. Also he had to join two other all-stars. The fact that he couldn't win a title with a fat Shaquille O'Neal and a washed up Ben Wallace (who were all-stars back in 1944, but still all-stars nonetheless) shows how much Bosh and Wade were responsible in that tile last year.

////end sarcasm

envymamba24
01-19-2013, 11:14 AM
Show me a year in the last 20 where I guy did it himself.

bucketss
01-19-2013, 11:15 AM
LOL at this thread. But anyways, don't call it Lebron's championship. Pretty sure he had teammates.

And people discredit it because in the old days all the great players wanted to beat each other and win their own championships and Lebron planned to join forces with two of his friends which one happened to be another great player in history and another top big in the game because he wasn't able to win one in CLE.

He took the easier route and joined Wade and Bosh. He'll never be considered as good as MJ since he had to join those guys. MJ stayed in one place and led the Bulls to 6 straight titles while he was playing. With Wade and Bosh as teammates, there should be no excuse why the Heat shouldn't win every season like MJ and the Bulls did.

Once he doesn't constantly win titles like that, people will finally stop comparing him to MJ cuz that comparison is a joke.

funny though many said okc was more talented wade was done and miami didn't stand a chance in the finals. but when he won it was 'well they're suppose to win... lol haters gonna hate

lamzoka
01-19-2013, 11:57 AM
Melo fans????? I was the biggest supporter of Lebron when he was in cleveland. i wanted him to win so bad. The only reason most Knicks fans stop rooting for him is because of the decision and he plays for the much hated Heat. It have nothing to do with Melo. This guy is the greatest thing that happens in the NBA since MJ. I truly believe when its all said and done he will go down as #1B player of all time. He's simply amazing.

JNoel
01-19-2013, 12:35 PM
RocketLoc80

Dade County
01-19-2013, 12:36 PM
Dallas fans should love LBJ, he gave them a championship...:shrug: ( following orders )

But I guess you just had to get this off of your chest OP, I hoped it helped you. Either two things can happen with the HEAT organization ( I really don't care for some of these star players, their con-artist ), the script writers give the OK, for the HEAT to shut everyone out for the next 4years, to build up Lbj and whatever not so secret society he is in; or they build a Lbj, KD rivalry.

As a HEAT fan, of course I would rather the HEAT organization win the next 3 to 5 titles, but thats up to the writers... this league is rigged people, but I am afraid if I told you posters to open your eyes, it will just lead you more astray.

nickdymez
01-19-2013, 01:02 PM
funny though many said okc was more talented wade was done and miami didn't stand a chance in the finals. but when he won it was 'well they're suppose to win... lol haters gonna hate

Refs.

tripleplay2007
01-19-2013, 01:08 PM
Refs.

Yup.

TheMoneyTeam
01-19-2013, 01:12 PM
*Lockout Year
*Joined NATO to win
*The Decision
*Kobe/ Lebron commercials where Lebron stood Kobe up at the dance
*Where's non-perscription glasses like a clown
*Tries to dress European when we all know who he is and what he isn't
*He travels to a from work and decides its okay to travel during work

Longhornfan1234
01-19-2013, 01:12 PM
LeBron won with a rapidly declining Wade and hobbled Bosh. I'm impressed.

kntresistheheat
01-19-2013, 01:15 PM
I hate when people keep saying Jordan, kobe, bird, magic did it by them self! Think before you speak. Yes! Lebron did it differently and joined forces with wade and bosh but Cleveland was not giving him any star players to help him. They were giving him washed up role players.

nickdymez
01-19-2013, 01:19 PM
I hate when people keep saying Jordan, kobe, bird, magic did it by them self! Think before you speak. Yes! Lebron did it differently and joined forces with wade and bosh but Cleveland was not giving him any star players to help him. They were giving him washed up role players.

Dirk didnt get a superstar and they beat Miami... JS

gatkins11
01-19-2013, 01:20 PM

Dallas more or less won a championship with players that no one else wanted and were viewed as "washed-up" at the time. Chandler was viewed as injury-prone and Kidd, Marion, all those other guys were viewed as past their prime and/or "washed-up". No one believed that team could win.

KingsOfQueens
01-19-2013, 01:29 PM
...who is discrediting him?

He had one of the greatest Finals performances of all time.

justinnum1
01-19-2013, 01:34 PM
d12 fan, that you?

oak2455
01-19-2013, 01:47 PM
so Lebron did it all:clap: wow this is cool news....true player!!!

el hidalgo
01-19-2013, 01:49 PM
lebron's championship is no different than barry bonds homerun record IMO. both with a big, hard * after it

viva la kobe. you will never touch him lebron!

SeekTheTruth
01-19-2013, 01:51 PM
If the referees dont totally screw the celts in game one of their series last year, we take em in 5 and bosh never sees the floor in that series.

justinnum1
01-19-2013, 02:01 PM
lebron's championship is no different than barry bonds homerun record IMO. both with a big, hard * after it

viva la kobe. you will never touch him lebron!

If the referees dont totally screw the celts in game one of their series last year, we take em in 5 and bosh never sees the floor in that series.

:violin:

SeekTheTruth
01-19-2013, 02:05 PM
:violin:

Haha is what it is, my opinion will never change the record books lol. We will get you guys back someday haha not likely this year.

tapajafri
01-19-2013, 02:08 PM
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: at people saying the lockout year is a reason why lebron's championship doesn't count as much.

Is anyone discrediting the 1998-1999 Spurs during that lockout year? Anyone discrediting David Robinson's first championship? Nope. The lockout is such a stupid reason (and really a 0% factor). Anyone that uses the lockout as a way to discredit Lebron's title is just one of those angry, bitter Lebron haters that are still in denial.

DumDum
01-19-2013, 02:09 PM
Its only laker fans even cavs fans have forgiven lebron.

Max.This
01-19-2013, 02:39 PM
People have opinions, and if you've learned anything on Psd its that you can't change any ones. I don't like the Heat fans, but I dont really have a problem with the Heat. My opinion is that its hard for any team to win games when their playing against a team+refs. If ppl dont agree...:shrug:... tough Idgaf

bucketss
01-19-2013, 02:51 PM
Refs.

we're not talking about the 2010 finals though.

Hardaway Here
01-19-2013, 03:14 PM
People that keep saying lockout year do you know how stupid you sound saying that. You say lockout year like your team wasn't playing in the exact same year as the Heat. So if your excuse is the Heat won because of a lockout year what does that say about all the teams that lost. I swear idiots are everywhere smh.

RLundi
01-19-2013, 03:15 PM
LeBron James has a ring.

tapajafri
01-19-2013, 07:25 PM
Its only laker fans even cavs fans have forgiven lebron.

Yeah seriously. That's because laker fans still haven't accepted the fact that Lebron has been better than bryant for the last 3+ years. They've always hated Lebron since he was on the Cavs and emerged as the best player in the league. Then they hated the heat because miami was stealing all the laker spotlight. Laker fans are pathetic.....and then they have the nerve to complain about the refs? LOOOOOOOL ok laker fans, I mean the refs haven't given you at least two titles or anything.

nickdymez
01-19-2013, 07:27 PM
LeBron James has a ring.

In a half season

ATX
01-19-2013, 07:45 PM
In a half season

It was actually about a 75% of a full season.

It was also a full playoff season.

Tony_Starks
01-19-2013, 07:49 PM
Lebron deserves all the credit in the world for his one ring, in three attempts.......

bucketss
01-19-2013, 07:51 PM
Yeah seriously. That's because laker fans still haven't accepted the fact that Lebron has been better than bryant for the last 3+ years. They've always hated Lebron since he was on the Cavs and emerged as the best player in the league. Then they hated the heat because miami was stealing all the laker spotlight. Laker fans are pathetic.....and then they have the nerve to complain about the refs? LOOOOOOOL ok laker fans, I mean the refs haven't given you at least two titles or anything.

i wouldn't call them laker fans,i would call them kobe fans. why else would they hate a man that has 0 rivalry or relation to their team? they are usually offended if lebron gets any type of praise.

Hardaway Here
01-19-2013, 07:54 PM
In a half season

Clearly you don't know half of 82 is 41 and the playoffs weren't part of the lockout. Smh hate on kobe lover.

BULLSFAN0810
01-19-2013, 07:58 PM
i discredit it because ..... (and this is how i feel) he left Clevland. had the best record 2 years in a row. won the MVP. everytime he lost in the finals it looked terrible. James last hurrah he blamed his teammates,the guys who had his back when he was climbing up the ladder. People called him front runner,his teammates had his back. he posed with them like theyre family only to jet and blame them for losing;when the team was built directly for him. They let him do what he did good...dribble the ball and pass. Him doing that to his teammates was terrible and IN ALL SPORTS IS A ***** MOVE IN ALL CIRCLES OF LIFE. He lost because he couldnt hit the jumper consistently. He lost because he couldnt post ,even though he is 6'8 250 plus. He did find time to crtique other peoples game, Final lost after lost James came with the same game,from the spurs until he left the Cavs in the cold to run under Wade and lost to the Mavs ...the SOFTEST TEAM TO WIN SINCE THE SEATTLE SUPERSONICS IN 77. He was talked out of his game,disrespected by a weak team and took it. Where was the blame ? he couldnt blame Moe Williams no more. He was scared to blame Wade,tried to put it on Bosh,but Bosh was the only one that showed up. So against Durant he had a easy time bc IT WAS HIS FRIEND AND IT WAS OKCs FIRST TIME IN THE FINALS ....JAMES BETTER HAD WON. DO i respect it ? Yeah,somewhat. Is it noteworthy yeah,for the simple fact he lost 3 or 4 times before he won,and it took him going somewhere where the players where as elite as he to win and it made HIM fix his game bc he couldnt blame undelings for his downfalls ....... CHUUURCH

bucketss
01-19-2013, 07:59 PM
Lebron deserves all the credit in the world for his one ring, in three attempts.......

yeah he should have tanked his previous years so he could be a perfect 1-1 in the finals that would have been better.

ghettosean
01-19-2013, 08:02 PM
Dirk didnt get a superstar and they beat Miami... JS

Oh no he didn't...

Actually OH YES HE DID :D

Tony_Starks
01-19-2013, 08:04 PM
Im sorry. Did I say something that was factually incorrect bucketss?

AddiX
01-19-2013, 08:05 PM
I don't think people are discreditng his ring, more likely that when you bring together bron, wade, bosh, your pretty much expected to get a ring.

bucketss
01-19-2013, 08:06 PM
did i say you did? carry on.

kozelkid
Show me a year in the last 20 where I guy did it himself.

Hakeem Olajuwon in 1994 and probably Dirk in 2011, but I agree with your premise.

69centers
Lebron won a championship? :shrug: When?

ghettosean
we're not talking about the 2010 finals though.

I remember Miami being up by over 20 points in one game in the 4th quarter and then came Dirk to rape them with straight up amazing shots in clutch time. If Lebron did half of what Dirk did in the 4th quarter of games they might have had 2 ships by now!

BULLSFAN0810
01-19-2013, 08:08 PM
he isnt better than Kobe..its a fact... Kobe is older AND STILL A BETTER OFFENSIVE PLAYER..Right now the best player is NO ONE. All the Stars are even ..The only one in my humble op is Rose ...a Pg is the best player no matter what,and if he isnt the best your team possibly may suck ***. IE why James plays wit this Bullskype hybrid lineup...he turns a team upside dwn,and most players dont define their game on playing off a Sf playing PG. If you let the hand check come back, James game is stiffled becuase defenders can close out better and defend w/o James /Wade acting like they were hacked

Hardaway Here
01-19-2013, 08:09 PM
he isnt better than Kobe..its a fact... Kobe is older AND STILL A BETTER OFFENSIVE PLAYER..Right now the best player is NO ONE. All the Stars are even ..The only one in my humble op is Rose ...a Pg is the best player no matter what,and if he isnt the best your team possibly may suck ***. IE why James plays wit this Bullskype hybrid lineup...he turns a team upside dwn,and most players dont define their game on playing off a Sf playing PG. If you let the hand check come back, James game is stiffled becuase defenders can close out better and defend w/o James /Wade acting like they were hacked

If you want people to take you seriously you need to stop talking nonsense

tkshy
01-19-2013, 08:12 PM
My guess is cause he had to team up with two other "superstars" in another city during a shortened season. During he full season runs to the finals he is 0 for 2.

In regards to the MJ comparison. When someone goes 6-6 with 2 three peats and 6 finals MVPs we can talk.

bucketss
01-19-2013, 08:14 PM
I remember Miami being up by over 20 points in one game in the 4th quarter and then came Dirk to rape them with straight up amazing shots in clutch time. If Lebron did half of what Dirk did in the 4th quarter of games they might have had 2 ships by now!

dirk wasn't the only one terry hit some tough shots i think he was the one who sparked the run and kidd hit a three late in the 4th. miami got cocky and lost btw i was rooting for the mavs that series.

BULLSFAN0810
01-19-2013, 08:21 PM
what doesnt make Kobe better ?
He doesnt run from pressure as many bricks he may toss
he is an alpha dog
better shooter
better dribbler
better ball Iq

Kobe is just OLD and James is Hype and athletiscm dashed with a little ball iq

Vinylman
01-19-2013, 08:29 PM
Anyone who doesn't think LBJ is the best player in the league is a moron

and i am a certified Laker fan...

Tony_Starks
01-19-2013, 08:32 PM
I wish Lebron could just be great, Kobe could just be great, as well as all the other great players. Some of you are really missing out on enjoying some classic players with all these bs comparisons........

( Even though Kobes offensive fundamentals and footwork are better than Lebrons will ever be and you'd be a ignorant fool to say otherwise!)

ATX
01-19-2013, 08:34 PM
what doesnt make Kobe better ?
He doesnt run from pressure as many bricks he may toss
he is an alpha dog
better shooter
better dribbler
better ball Iq

Kobe is just OLD and James is Hype and athletiscm dashed with a little ball iq

Better shooter?
LeBron-55% from the field
Kobe-47% from the field

Better ball IQ? How so? LeBron has an exceptionally high ball IQ. LeBron is also a better passer. Your right though about LeBron being the better athlete.

BULLSFAN0810
01-19-2013, 08:36 PM
If you want people to take you seriously you need to stop talking nonsense

ok ..if a pg isnt the best why is Rondo considered the best even though pierce and Kg do the scoring ?why because they actually fit a role and allows a traditional team to play. you ask any hoop head,the 2 most important postions on the floor, in the draft etc is the positons of PG AND C.
therefor is why i say Rose ,Cp3 are better than James ,Durant ,Kobe..because they actually allow you to build a legit team. Now as far as James vs Kobe..it depends on how you build your team ...do you want a hybrid player who can do a liitlle bit of everything but defers to win , or do you wanna alpha dawg who is more capable of winning a game by themselves or losing u a game the sameway ? id go with the guy w 5 rings and dropped 81 and doesnt seem to wanna quit .

benzni
01-19-2013, 08:38 PM
haters

BULLSFAN0810
01-19-2013, 08:45 PM
Better shooter?
LeBron-55% from the field
Kobe-47% from the field

Better ball IQ? How so? LeBron has an exceptionally high ball IQ. LeBron is also a better passer. Your right though about LeBron being the better athlete.

yeah ..better shooter ...Kobe shoots auto matic when open.
James...id live with the shot.
James Fg% comes from people backing off the jumper bc he cant shoot,and respecting the drive ...IE he better hit wide open 3s/20 footers in the NBA.
Kobe gets contested 3 point line in because he is a better shooter.
Kobe fg% suffers bc unlike James Kobe can hit some UNBELIEAVABLE SHOTS,and therefore he shoots when he wants to.

Better Iq...James couldnt and didnt realize he could post JJ barrrea. James doesnt see he is wasting energy charging thorugh a crowd,when he could post AND STILL MAKE THE CROWD CONVERGE AND STILL GET OTHER OPEN SHOTS FOR PEOPLE AND HIMSELF.

Kobe will post you ..Whereevre he can beat you he will...3pt.mid range,post in the paint. Kobe issues come in trusting teammates that are lesser and who have NO HEART..HE AND JAMES COULDNT PLAY TOGETHER...(SEE DWIGHT HOWARD..THE SAME TYPE OF DIVA AS JAMES)

justinnum1
01-19-2013, 09:03 PM
yeah ..better shooter ...Kobe shoots auto matic when open.
James...id live with the shot.
James Fg% comes from people backing off the jumper bc he cant shoot,and respecting the drive ...IE he better hit wide open 3s/20 footers in the NBA.
Kobe gets contested 3 point line in because he is a better shooter.
Kobe fg% suffers bc unlike James Kobe can hit some UNBELIEAVABLE SHOTS,and therefore he shoots when he wants to.

Better Iq...James couldnt and didnt realize he could post JJ barrrea. James doesnt see he is wasting energy charging thorugh a crowd,when he could post AND STILL MAKE THE CROWD CONVERGE AND STILL GET OTHER OPEN SHOTS FOR PEOPLE AND HIMSELF.

Kobe will post you ..Whereevre he can beat you he will...3pt.mid range,post in the paint. Kobe issues come in trusting teammates that are lesser and who have NO HEART..HE AND JAMES COULDNT PLAY TOGETHER...(SEE DWIGHT HOWARD..THE SAME TYPE OF DIVA AS JAMES)

Anyone who doesn't think LBJ is the best player in the league is a moron

and i am a certified Laker fan...

Da Knicks
01-19-2013, 09:19 PM
People that keep saying lockout year do you know how stupid you sound saying that. You say lockout year like your team wasn't playing in the exact same year as the Heat. So if your excuse is the Heat won because of a lockout year what does that say about all the teams that lost. I swear idiots are everywhere smh.

It's a valid point if you had a bunch of new players or new coach and couldn't practice how are you not at a disadvantage? The heat had a team assembled that knew what players they needed to plug in to help them get over the hump. Many teams had to figure stuff on the fly, to win a chip u have to be good and very lucky. The heat faced teams that had many players injured. I'm happy for lbj that he won a chip before he lost his best attributes speed and agility, many wasted years in Cleveland.

TheNumber37
01-19-2013, 09:20 PM
truthfully, I think this will be his only ring.

Rose went down, Granger got cocky, the Celtics fell apart and then James Harden vanished.

I think the heat get bounced in the 2nd round to be honest.

bucketss
01-19-2013, 09:27 PM
truthfully, I think this will be his only ring.

Rose went down, Granger got cocky, the Celtics fell apart and then James Harden vanished.

I think the heat get bounced in the 2nd round to be honest.

these kinds of comments are all over the place during the season basically the 'miami aint ishh comments. but when they do win its well they were suppose to win look at their team. i hope you change your stance if miami wins this year and not contradict yourself later on.

ManRam
01-19-2013, 09:38 PM
I get the criticism, I really do. He hasn't won like most all of the greatest of all time did. For some, that matters

However, I can't PERSONALLY criticize him for leaving a place where he had two players with 20+ PERs play alongside him during his 7 years in Cleveland. Nor can I blame him for leaving a team where he had one All-Star during the years they were contending, and that was Mo Williams who couldn't even beat out Jameer Nelson to get in originally.

He didn't win where he was drafted, and so many of the greats have done just that. I just can't sit here and act like all the greats landed on teams with equal talent and an equal prognosis of success. He never had much, at least not compared to what MJ ALWAYS won with, or Kobe ALWAYS won with, or Bird ALWAYS won with, or Magic ALWAYS won with, or Duncan ALWAYS won with, and so on...

It might sound like excuses, but it's also the reality. He had to leave to get what all those guys basically ALWAYS had. So be it. That's not his fault...

Hardaway Here
01-19-2013, 09:42 PM
It's a valid point if you had a bunch of new players or new coach and couldn't practice how are you not at a disadvantage? The heat had a team assembled that knew what players they needed to plug in to help them get over the hump. Many teams had to figure stuff on the fly, to win a chip u have to be good and very lucky. The heat faced teams that had many players injured. I'm happy for lbj that he won a chip before he lost his best attributes speed and agility, many wasted years in Cleveland.

That's a cop out though. Especially for the teams that made it to the playoffs. These guys are pros. If it takes you more than 66 games to figure how to play together than you weren't good enough. Injuries happen to all teams it's part of a season.

beasted86
01-19-2013, 09:43 PM
Refs.

#kobefansystem

Hawkeye15
01-19-2013, 10:21 PM
outside of a few posters, I haven't seen anyone discrediting the ring.

nickdymez
01-19-2013, 11:13 PM
I get the criticism, I really do. He hasn't won like most all of the greatest of all time did. For some, that matters

However, I can't PERSONALLY criticize him for leaving a place where he had two players with 20+ PERs play alongside him during his 7 years in Cleveland. Nor can I blame him for leaving a team where he had one All-Star during the years they were contending, and that was Mo Williams who couldn't even beat out Jameer Nelson to get in originally.

He didn't win where he was drafted, and so many of the greats have done just that. I just can't sit here and act like all the greats landed on teams with equal talent and an equal prognosis of success. He never had much, at least not compared to what MJ ALWAYS won with, or Kobe ALWAYS won with, or Bird ALWAYS won with, or Magic ALWAYS won with, or Duncan ALWAYS won with, and so on...

It might sound like excuses, but it's also the reality. He had to leave to get what all those guys basically ALWAYS had. So be it. That's not his fault...

What was everybodies "per" on the Mavs? Just curious...

ManRam
01-19-2013, 11:16 PM
What was everybodies "per" on the Mavs? Just curious...

Nicki asking someone to look something up for him, stunna! ;)

Dirk: 23.4
Chandler: 18.4
Marion: 17.0
Terry: 15.9

Yes, Dirk won with a relatively weak supporting cast. One of the single greatest individual feats I've ever seen. He did something that LeBron, MJ, Kobe, Bird, Magic, Duncan, Shaq, etc. never did in this regard. Very impressive.

Nothing in my post is discredited by this, however.

nickdymez
01-19-2013, 11:59 PM

Yes, Dirk won with a relatively weak supporting cast. One of the single greatest individual feats I've ever seen. He did something that LeBron, MJ, Kobe, Bird, Magic, Duncan, Shaq, etc. never did in this regard. Very impressive.

So if Dirk could do it in the west, why couldn't Lebron do it in the weak east?

ManRam
01-20-2013, 12:09 AM
So if Dirk could do it in the west, why couldn't Lebron do it in the weak east?

Got beat by better teams for the most part.

In 2009 we couldn't miss, and everyone played about their best ball, even with out Jameer we got the win... despite LeBron's near perfect play (and game-winning shots). In 2007 he was too young. In 2008 the C's were a WAY better team. In 2010 they blew it. **** happens. Player's get hot. Defenses get hot. Shots go in, shots don't. It's not a science always. These games are often so close...many come down, literally, to a bounce of the ball.

My point is, you expecting him to win is Cleveland is expecting something that these other great never have done. Holding that against him is a bit "unfair" (for a lack of a better word...basketball isn't fair).

2011 there's no excuse. He fell short in the Finals. One of his 2 really bad series in his career.

Captain Moroni
01-20-2013, 12:18 AM
Why people love or hate one particular player is beyond me. Who cares who is better than who else unless you are one of the people you are talking about.

Want to hero worship someone? Find a worthy person who helps other people without fanfare and stop idolizing selfish immoral professional athletes who care for only themselves.

People once thought Barry Bonds and Lance Armstrong to be Hero's.....they are just pathetic icons who cheated their way to stardom only to come crashing back to earth.

ManRam
01-20-2013, 12:20 AM
Why people love or hate one particular player is beyond me. Who cares who is better than who else unless you are one of the people you are talking about.

Want to hero worship someone? Find a worthy person who helps other people without fanfare and stop idolizing selfish immoral professional athletes who care for only themselves.

People once thought Barry Bonds and Lance Armstrong to be Hero's.....they are just pathetic icons who cheated their way to stardom only to come crashing back to earth.

I think it's becoming glaringly clear that athletes aren't often good role models. Being able to play a sport is not something really admirable.

However, rooting for and against people is just part of fans. I like LeBron more than Nicki does, I think that's clear...that's just how it goes. I don't "hero worship" him, I just like to stand up for him. I really only started "liking" him when I came to PSD and as his hate started to increase.

oak2455
01-20-2013, 12:23 AM
Is that person ok??

oak2455
01-20-2013, 12:30 AM
Freaks come out at night:speechless:

HouRealCoach
01-20-2013, 12:46 AM
People saying that Dirk did it with no great players are delusional

Chandler is one of the best defensive bigs in the league if not the best, Kidd has one of the highest IQ's ever and rarely makes mistakes, Terry was one of the best 6th man in the league, They perimeter defenders in Stevenson & Marion, Barea could drive and kick... The team was loaded.

& the East wasn't really weak like all of you say, Celtics, Hawks, & Magic were damn good in 08-10

But I ignore people who discredit championships in anyway.. A ring is a ring no matter how you get it.. It isn't like LeBron is on Steroids or something

king4day
01-20-2013, 12:49 AM
This thread is about 6 months too late.
To the OP, I'd suggest posting where people are saying there's an asterisk next to his name. I can't remember the last time people claimed it wasn't deserving. If a new debate was sparked up about this, I haven't seen it yet.

amos1er
01-20-2013, 12:53 AM
People will go any length to discredit this man saying he got lucky or Miami Beat OKC by luck or he won`t win another chip>? I have never even seen so much hate for one player man. Makes me want to root for him more man. Even win one more MVP,FMVP and Championship to really shut up so-called critics.(Kobe,Melo, and even Durant fans)

No one is saying he got lucky against OKC...just every single 50/50 call in his favor.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/19374109/in-a-game-full-of-5050-calls-lebrons-winning-100-percent-of-the-time

In an NBA Finals full of 50-50 calls, LeBron is winning 100 percent of the time

MIAMI -- I present the following not as a conspiracy theory, but as a fact:

A judgment call by an official late in Game 2 of the NBA Finals went in favor of LeBron James, and that judgment call allowed the Heat to escape with a victory against the Thunder. Three days later, on Sunday night, a judgment call by an official again went in favor of LeBron James -- and that call allowed the Heat to hit the clinching free throw and escape Game 3 with a 91-85 victory.

Again, that's not me launching a conspiracy theory. That's me telling you the way that it is, and the way it is has the Heat holding a 2-1 lead on the Thunder -- with both wins sealed by a referee's decision of a 50-50 call in favor of LeBron James.

Well, hold on -- I'm trying to deal with facts here, not theories, so let me clear up one fact in that last sentence:

Those were not 50-50 calls that went in favor of LeBron James. That would be generous to the officials, and I'm not in a generous mood to say either call looked as close as a 50-50 proposition. Not Thursday in Game 2, and not Sunday in Game 3, when a bizarre call -- dare I say phantom call -- 45 feet from the basket sent James to the foul line with 16.2 seconds left and the Heat holding a three-point lead. James hit the second of two free throws to make it a four-point game, a two-possession game, and it was essentially over.

Reggie Miller wasn't walking through that door, and the Thunder would have no miracle finish. Not on a night when they were more Keystone Kop than NBA finalist, their sloppy game capped by Thabo Sefolosha's inbounds pass to nobody with 15 seconds left that finished the Thunder for good.

Although that phantom call pretty much finished them first.

If you saw the call late in Game 3, you know what I'm talking about. Unless you're a Heat fan, and then never mind. For everyone else, you saw Thunder guard James Harden harassing James on the perimeter, pressuring the ball loose and then staying uncomfortably close as James regained control. As Harden hovered nearby, James lurched into him once, then twice. The second time, Harden went to the floor.

Flop? Probably, yeah. But when the official blew his whistle, it wasn't a 50-50 call because there were three options, two of them favoring the Thunder: One, no call at all. Two, a charge on James. Three, blocking on Harden. The referee went with No. 3, and the game was basically over. The three-time MVP was given two free throws with 16.2 seconds left, needing to hit just one to put the game essentially out of reach. James hit one.

Game over.

Also déjà vu -- because James received a similarly generous whistle in the previous game. You saw that call, too, so you know exactly what I'm talking about. Unless you're a Heat fan, in which case you'll want to ignore LeBron's left forearm on Durant's upper body as Durant goes up for a 10-footer with 11 seconds left and the Thunder needing two points to tie the game.

No whistle. The shot missed, James rebounded and was fouled, and he went to the line with the chance to make it a two-possession game in the final seconds. That was Game 2. But it was also Game 3.

And this is not a conspiracy theory, because if it were, I'd note that Kevin Durant received a lousy whistle in Game 3. (See for yourself. Here were the first four fouls.) The first foul, ironically enough, came when Durant had the ball in his hands and gave to Dwyane Wade the same sort of shoulder that LeBron gave to Harden in the final seconds. The results? Offensive foul on Durant. Defensive foul on Harden.

Durant spent several minutes on the bench with foul trouble, including the game-changing span late in the third quarter when the Thunder surrendered a 10-point lead shortly after Durant was sent to the bench with his fourth foul against Wade -- on a play where it sure looked like Durant didn't touch Wade. As he stood near the Thunder bench, Durant muttered to himself these words:

"I didn't touch him."

After the game, Durant was more charitable.

"I try not to concern myself with the officiating," he said. "They're going to make their calls, and there's nothing we can do about it. We can't change it. Just got to play through it. There's going to be some calls they may miss. They're human."

Well said, and so true, and also skirting the issue that officials have helped decide each of the last two games of the NBA Finals, both in favor of the Miami Heat, by giving the benefit of the doubt -- perhaps a little bit more than that -- to the most famous basketball player in the world. It would be naïve to say officials aren't influenced by the level of fame in front of them, which is why Daequan Cook can flop all game and get nothing, while Dwyane Wade comes apart like Mr. Potato Head and gets rewarded with a trip to the line.

It's a rigged game, but usually it's a fair game. The referees are so bad, so affected by the star power in front of them, that the calls usually even out. Both teams tend to have stars, so both teams tend to get atrocious calls on their behalf. Kobe Bryant probably owes 1,000 of his 29,484 career points -- roughly 12 percent of his made free throws -- to generous calls, the kind of calls you get when you're Kobe Bryant, but not when you're Thabo Sefolosha. This is the way of the NBA: Officials are incompetent, but they're so incompetent that neither team gets an edge.

That's not much for comfort, but that's as much as I can offer. Only I can't offer it today, not to the Thunder, because they have almost as much star power as the Heat, yet they're not getting the calls at the end of the game. The Heat got those calls. The Heat got those games.

The Heat might just be two games away from winning a championship, and if this trend continues, we'll remember these as the NBA Finals that were decided by an official's call. And not one. Not two. Not ...

Daze9900
01-20-2013, 12:57 AM
*see lockout shortened season
* see Derek Rose holding his knee, holding his knee and down.
* see super team trio big 3
*see numerous flops

LionsFan..LOL
01-20-2013, 01:04 AM
Discredit it all you want, the records will still show he has a ring and that's all that really matters.

Captain Moroni
01-20-2013, 01:05 AM
I think it's becoming glaringly clear that athletes aren't often good role models. Being able to play a sport is not something really admirable.

However, rooting for and against people is just part of fans. I like LeBron more than Nicki does, I think that's clear...that's just how it goes. I don't "hero worship" him, I just like to stand up for him. I really only started "liking" him when I came to PSD and as his hate started to increase.

Thats cool, but im talking about the posters who want to jump off a bridge because someone thinks lebron is better that MJ, or that Melo should be included in MVP talk just because he's......well Melo. Why cant all of these guys just be great at the same time in their own right? Just silliness.

Captain Moroni
01-20-2013, 01:10 AM
Discredit it all you want, the records will still show he has a ring and that's all that really matters.

Exactly. Johan Santana threw the Mets first ever no hitter this year and who remembers that Beltrans ball hit the chalk now? Its over, a ring is a ring....people need to move on.

Dawgpound3
01-20-2013, 01:18 AM
I would argue that until last year, Wade and Bosh together weren't going to win anything so they both took a step back last season and let Lebron be Lebron. And really it's Lebron James' team now.

tdg823
01-20-2013, 01:28 AM
He's twice as gifted, twice as physically talented as any player in the league, hands down. Is he twice as good as any player in the league. No. Draw your own conclusions... The man started out the game with Boardwalk and Park Place and still needed a nudge to get passed Go...

odiz
01-20-2013, 02:22 AM
This thread man SMH. He left Cleveland because they were so ridiculously hopeless at surrounding him with talent. They had probably the most talented player the game has ever seen for 7 years and the best player he ever played with in Cleveland is Mo Williams. MO ****ing Williams!

You think Jordan would have stayed in Chicago if he had no help? Or Duncan in San Antonio? or Bird in Boston? Or Kobe in LA? Or Magic in LA? The one thing all these great players who won multiple championships (while playing for the same team their whole careers) have in common is that they played with multiple other HOFers. You cant win on your own in this league and he got sick of having no help, you really cant blame him.

In regards to last year being lock-out shortened, thats a load of BS. Everyone had to play the same season. And for those who say some new teams didnt get a chance to play together and build chemistry thats irrelevant aswell because their weren't any true contenders who fit that criteria.

People just love to hate him because of "The Decision" and the misconception that he "abandoned" Cleveland. Its getting really old.

ThaDubs
01-20-2013, 02:32 AM
I honestly haven't heard much of that, but coming from a guy who truly believes lebron is a dbag and can't stand him...the man is still the best player in the world and I could see him winning 3 or 4 more championships (though I don't want him to).

Lol. LeBron is a dbag? Look at your favorite player...

mngopher35
01-20-2013, 04:22 AM

This is just the regular season too i believe. If we look at the mavs in the playoffs they had people playing great. Nowitzki, Chandler, and Terry all shot over TS% 60 and also had win shares of .21, .188, .179 respectively. Their PER were 25.2. 15.2 (while carrying the defensive load), and 20.3. Also the depth of that team was great for the playoffs with 6 players above a 15 per and a couple defensive specialists like mahinmi and stevenson. Not trying to discredit dirk in any way, just pointing out that the team as a whole played great. Dirk was the clear leader but many players stepped up and played great throughout the playoffs, he didn't just do it on his own.

tdg823
01-20-2013, 05:03 AM
By the way, I do recall a lot of people discrediting the spurs lockout title. I'm not one of them, just sayin... But I do discredit Lebron's ring. Refs man, refs. Yeah, I know I'm a hater (you sociopath), but I don't recognize the Rock's belt either (or whoever, I don't watch wrestling.)

sventhedog
01-20-2013, 09:27 AM
just the same reason why you ask a person to repeat a trick after the 1st time you saw it?

SeekTheTruth
01-20-2013, 09:58 AM
No one is saying he got lucky against OKC...just every single 50/50 call in his favor.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/19374109/in-a-game-full-of-5050-calls-lebrons-winning-100-percent-of-the-time

This is my problem, and anyone can try and discredit it, but bron gets calls that noone else does , as all the greats do. I think its really tough to take on Lebron and the refs / nba. This is purely my opinion from watching the playoffs last season.

justinnum1
01-20-2013, 11:28 AM
This is my problem, and anyone can try and discredit it, but bron gets calls that noone else does , as all the greats do. I think its really tough to take on Lebron and the refs / nba. This is purely my opinion from watching the playoffs last season.

He also doesnt get a lot of calls called. Reminds me of shaq. Shaq was so big and strong that guys would constantly take shots at him and nothing would be called. Lebron does get away with some calls but there has also been a lot of times this sesaon particularly that he gets hit(legit foul) and not call is made. If you watch a lot of heat games you would see what im talking about.

SeekTheTruth
01-20-2013, 11:37 AM
He also doesnt get a lot of calls called. Reminds me of shaq. Shaq was so big and strong that guys would constantly take shots at him and nothing would be called. Lebron does get away with some calls but there has also been a lot of times this sesaon particularly that he gets hit(legit foul) and not call is made. If you watch a lot of heat games you would see what im talking about.

I can def admit that i dont watch alotta heat games outside of when they play the celts, the playoffs or i have money on them. However i remember seeing a thread in here where bron hadntt been called for a personal foul in like 2 weeks, things like that and what ive seen make it hard for me to believe he`s not coming out on the better end of the majority of calls. Like i said i havent watched alotta heat games tho so im forming this on past experience/ what i have seen of heat games this year(5-6 games)

BULLSFAN0810
01-20-2013, 07:10 PM
Uu guys act as if I'm saying luol deng is better. Imo I think Kobe is better or even
Because he is seasoned and is a better scorer. To say I'm a Moron when your Kobe had the resume
To back it up. Ships and scoring average , over a 17 yearspan and is consistent still with little to no fall off... Homie your a fair weather, no basket ball iq, hype loving, no clutch gene sorry mfer. And I DO think James of great, but as far as winner alpha dog ...he lacks. Anyone who thinks diffrently is joking themselves into stupidity.

Blitzbolt
01-20-2013, 07:40 PM
Games 6 vs Boston if you don't respect tha you don't deserve to see the NBA.

Eg714
01-20-2013, 08:12 PM
It's just hate. Lebrons a great player, even if you don't like him.