PDA

View Full Version : safe to say john wall a bust yet ?

DumDum
01-19-2013, 03:54 AM
Is it safe to say john wall drafted in the 2011 draft overall number one is a bust or does he need more time ? What the waiting period on pg's who are surpose change the over cultural around a team ?

Slug3
01-19-2013, 03:57 AM
I hate calling players busts when they just can't seem to be healthy. But if they are never healthy then you can't really get much from them.

Raps18-19 Champ
Lol. 2 seasons and he's a bust. He's shown some good stuff in his first 2 years.

He looks to be a near 20 and 10 player with solid defense in his prime.

Stunner
Ummm not at all , he has had two double double's in his four games back from injury. Not to mention i don't even think he's played more than 28 mins late. He makes the Wizards a better team. This will be his 1st real year without a disfuctional group.

DumDum
01-19-2013, 04:03 AM
Lol. 2 seasons and he's a bust. He's shown some good stuff in his first 2 years.

He looks to be a near 20 and 10 player with solid defense in his prime.

I want to see what others think about him I had a coworker call him a johnny fynn kind of guy.

Tysons_Beard
01-19-2013, 04:06 AM
dumb dumb thread

DumDum
01-19-2013, 04:07 AM
Nice sig

ThaDubs
01-19-2013, 04:13 AM
He had like 12 and 14 tonight. He's making the Wizards a better team. So he's rusty, who gives a ****? You can't call him a bust when he's playing this well coming off an injury. Give him some time at least.

douglas
01-19-2013, 04:19 AM
I don't think John Wall is a bust because I think he is good at basketball.

Six-8-TheWizard
01-19-2013, 04:25 AM
I want to see what others think about him I had a coworker call him a johnny fynn kind of guy.

:facepalm:

Raps18-19 Champ
01-19-2013, 04:34 AM

I love you, but I think you've ran your course.

dee279
01-19-2013, 04:45 AM

You think huh?... But do you know if he is good at Basketball? If you dont know, then you are just making an assumption off pure speculation of your own mind. Do you know? That is the question my dear turkey.

dee279
01-19-2013, 04:50 AM

Well my kind sir, you should give your SN to him because he sounds DumDum. Jonny Flynn was basically a SG, who couldnt shoot, in a PGs body. A small PG at that so he had to play PG and he was just not good enough to run a team. John Wall can be a top PG and will not be a bust. He is a pure PG who will only get better, jump shot or no jump shot.

j-bay
01-19-2013, 05:32 AM
Since Wall has rejoined, the Wizards are playing better than before and are Winning. He has had 2 double-doubles since his return. Beal and Wall are playing well together. With a few more tweeks, Wall, Beal, and another top 5 pick are their future.

ChitownbullsBG7
01-19-2013, 05:33 AM
Lol since when does averaging 16 and 8 at the pg spot make you a bust?

Alayla
01-19-2013, 07:02 AM
Ill say what i said when he got drafted that was a weak draft with Weak talent and weak depth no one from that draft is a superstar however it may have an allstar or 3

monty77
01-19-2013, 08:07 AM
Maybe John Wall won't reach the level of other PG who has been first selection in the draft (Derrick Rose, Kyrie Irving) but he will probably be a top 10 PG from now on because he is a great passer and scorer.

Wizards isn't the best team to improve, and he could learn more in other teams in areas such as IQ and defense, but the most blame of this lack of development as player is himself. I don't see him having the same ethic work or improvement spirit than other players as Rose, Paul, Rondo, Holiday, Calderon, so on.

Do you imagine Derrick Rose dancing like a cheerleader when he score a good basket? He want to be a showman, he don't want to dominate the game, he don't even take care of improve his weaker points. He was a better tree pointer when he arrive to the NBA, and he has worsened since then.

He remember me to Deron Williams in the last years. He would be the best PG if he change his mentality but he surely don't reach the all star status this year because he isn't playing as well as other PG since he become a Nets' player.

Mcdoh
01-19-2013, 08:20 AM
nah

Doogolas
01-19-2013, 09:33 AM
Lol since when does averaging 16 and 8 at the pg spot make you a bust?

Since his efficiency is God awful.

Im_in_Mia_bish
01-19-2013, 10:19 AM
jesus christ OP is silly.

last night 26 mins, wall went for 14 and 12.

in his rookie season, he used to get 9 steals every other game until he got injured.
he's not injury prone at all, he just has had a few freak injuries.

i have faith that he will stay healthy and be very productive.

you all saw in the lockout how he was ballin.
dude is a beast.

brb trading for him on NBA2k13 lol jk

Im_in_Mia_bish
01-19-2013, 10:20 AM
Since his efficiency is God awful.

thats unfair to criticize his efficiency when he hasnt had a full season with a proper offseason to improve on his game.

Im_in_Mia_bish
01-19-2013, 10:22 AM
yall are silly. wall has the potential to be a rondo-type of player.

i said potential so dont get emotional about it.

so we shall see.

Sandman
01-19-2013, 10:36 AM
The team Wall arrived on is very different from the teams Rose or Westbrook arrived on. The sale of the team was finalized weeks leading up to the draft.

The team was a mess -- part of the reason they were picking first is because it was the season that Agent 0 got himself suspended for the lockeroom gun incident. Caron Butler and Antawn Jamison were traded in season. Morale was so low on that team -- nobody wanted to be there and at times John Wall was the only one who wanted to play.

Wall was the first piece -- Rose was drafted to that team after how many years of lottery picks, Westbrook obv had Durant. After their second losing season (the first one being the one where they drafted Wall) they took Vesely - they got no impact there.

SeoulBeatz
01-19-2013, 10:38 AM
no he is not a bust.

He''ll be an 18-9 player for years to come.

icon1914
01-19-2013, 10:38 AM
He might not live up to the hype... but in time he could easily be top 5 PG in the league, no bust the potential to be top anything...Flynn is a bust... Wall is a work in progress...

Swashcuff
01-19-2013, 10:39 AM
IMO John Wall has the potential to be a top 3 PG in the NBA still given the fact that he can be an elite player on BOTH ends of the floor. He's averaging 21 and 12 per36 in his 4 games back this season and the Wizards are 3-1. Anyone calling John Wall a bust is an idiot. Once he learns to score more efficiently he can legitimately be a 20 and 10 player with top calibre D in this league. I'd put my money on him getting there as well.

Sly Guy
01-19-2013, 12:04 PM
I think he's a good player. He's not the 'pg lebron' he was hyped to be, but I never believed that comparison anyway. He's more than just solid, definitely not a bust.

Corey
01-19-2013, 12:07 PM
Da hell is going on?

How could anyone even consider him to be a bust? He's a damn solid player. He's only two years in, and he's impressed the heck out of me.

I thought he was going to bust, but he's been pretty awesome. 16/8/5 the past two years with a crap supporting cast (until now). I'll take that.

The Wiz look pretty legit since he's come back.

Dankster
01-19-2013, 12:10 PM
The PG and Center positions take a much longer time than all other positions to "hone the craft" and play those roles at a high level in this league.

Factor that in with him only playing 1 year of college basketball and him being injured a decent amount of time since being in the league, and he probably needs another 4 or 5 years to get closer to his potential/maximal skillset.

He still has a lot to learn in the league but he's a pretty incredible talent that can fill up the stat sheet across the board. I think he can be an All Star down the road if he keeps working hard on his craft.

sep11ie
01-19-2013, 12:15 PM
Why are dumdums so quick to want to hate on rookies/very recent draft picks?

knicksfan42
01-19-2013, 12:36 PM
IMO John Wall has the potential to be a top 3 PG in the NBA still given the fact that he can be an elite player on BOTH ends of the floor. He's averaging 21 and 12 per36 in his 4 games back this season and the Wizards are 3-1. Anyone calling John Wall a bust is an idiot. Once he learns to score more efficiently he can legitimately be a 20 and 10 player with top calibre D in this league. I'd put my money on him getting there as well.

And the one loss they had was a one point loss.

Steelers23_06
01-19-2013, 12:40 PM
Watch the wizards are gonna be a playoff team in 2015. They are probably going to have a top 3-5 pick this year so if wall beal and their pick this year mesh well plus they will not be expensive contracts so they'll have money to finally get a quality free agent. Then all this wall talk will be hogwash and you guys will be comparing him to a Phoenix that rose from the ashes lol

Steelers23_06
01-19-2013, 12:41 PM
Why are dumdums so quick to want to hate on rookies/very recent draft picks?

I feel like this has ALWAYS happened...nothing new. Look at Jordan's first asg

SeekTheTruth
01-19-2013, 01:07 PM
To answer the OP's question simple and plainly NO !, its his third year look at the top ten in the 2010 draft how many can ya consider busts already?, and i dont even have to back that up with anything else, and to the guy that compared him to flynn. Make sure your buddy watches both play before he makes statements like that. I dont see any comparison other then their lack of a jump shot.My two cents

97NYer
01-19-2013, 01:12 PM
John Wall is an absolute beast, was the first pick in 2010, not 2011, and he was followed by Evan Turner, Derrick Favors, Wesley Johnson and Demarcus Cousins. Greg Monroe, Paul George, Bledsoe and Bradley all were draft later on. I don't think any of these guys are clear cut better assets for a team, though Cousins and George are both great. Wall is not a bust, and will be a multi-time all star.

THE MTL
01-19-2013, 03:15 PM
If John Wall was healthy and had a decent team around him, he would be a top 7 PG in the league.

JasonJohnHorn
01-19-2013, 04:39 PM
The guy has a career .416 shooting average. He's gotta get that up. He's had a couple really good games since coming back from injury, so the timing of this thread is bad, but if you look strictly at his numbers from his first two seasons, yeah, he doesn't look like he will be in the league a long time. He's got to shoot the ball better. Coupled with the bad shooting, he really needs to cut down on the turnovers as well...

AddiX
01-19-2013, 04:56 PM
Love walls talent, but that kid is mentally Nate Robinson. Does he what wants, no leadership, doesn't seem to care to learn the NBA way of basketball. Just a player who knows he's talented, but won't lead a team to do jack ish.

Kind of like the second coming of Vince Carter.

Sandman
01-19-2013, 05:10 PM
Love walls talent, but that kid is mentally Nate Robinson. Does he what wants, no leadership, doesn't seem to care to learn the NBA way of basketball. Just a player who knows he's talented, but won't lead a team to do jack ish.

Sounds a lot like Westbrook.

rocket
01-19-2013, 05:12 PM
How the **** is he a bust?

benzni
01-19-2013, 05:13 PM
no

Burkey3472
01-19-2013, 05:21 PM
Even if he didn't improve his game and stayed a 16-8 type player he'd be far from a bust.

HouRealCoach
01-19-2013, 06:26 PM
I didn't know averaging 16 & 8 was considered a bust...

Fresno
01-19-2013, 06:31 PM

What gives you that impression?

He doesn't offer much in terms of leadership but I think you are 100% wrong on each of the other descriptions of him.

Fresno
01-19-2013, 06:34 PM
How the **** is he a bust?

I dont know.

I guess everyone is expecting 20/10 out of him and after 2 seasons he can only average 16/8. :laugh:

AddiX
01-19-2013, 07:17 PM
What gives you that impression?

He doesn't offer much in terms of leadership but I think you are 100% wrong on each of the other descriptions of him.

He's not a floor general, can't run NBA offensive sets for his life, doesn't know where any of his teammates sweet spots are, he pretty much just freestyles out there.

A lot of thst isn't his fault, he wasn't prepared for NBA style, as his past coaches all let him do whatever he wanted, because he was that good. But at the NBA level, that has to change.

ILLUSIONIST^248
01-19-2013, 07:34 PM

What the doug said!

BULLSFAN0810
01-19-2013, 07:43 PM
he is OC...needs a real coach and to be sat on the bench and slowly guided AND MAYBE he will be decent...he is a wanna be Rose ...thats his claim to fame

NYtilIdie
01-19-2013, 10:40 PM
He's not a floor general, can't run NBA offensive sets for his life, doesn't know where any of his teammates sweet spots are, he pretty much just freestyles out there.

A lot of thst isn't his fault, he wasn't prepared for NBA style, as his past coaches all let him do whatever he wanted, because he was that good. But at the NBA level, that has to change.

Well considering his team-mates have changed every year that's bound to happen.

dtmagnet
01-19-2013, 11:06 PM
Definitely not a bust, but maybe not the franchise level player people thought he would be.

j-bay
01-20-2013, 01:33 AM
He doesn't look like a bust tonight

Redskins10
01-20-2013, 01:47 AM
:laugh:

Those calling him a bust, have you even seen him play this year? This is why I take nothing you guys say seriously :laugh:

LGhost
01-20-2013, 01:51 AM
:laugh:

Those calling him a bust, have you even seen him play this year? This is why I take nothing you guys say seriously :laugh:

Que the clutch free throw missed badly... lol j/p

WITZ
01-20-2013, 02:34 AM
Definitely not a bust, but maybe not the franchise level player people thought he would be.

This is what i was thinking as well, shooting 23% from 3point range in his career :speechless:

Im_in_Mia_bish
01-20-2013, 01:51 PM
dude was ballin last night against one of the top defensive pgs in the league.

AddiX
01-20-2013, 01:58 PM
Well considering his team-mates have changed every year that's bound to happen.

His teammates Wouldnt change every year if he actually knew how to play with them.

TheMoneyTeam
01-20-2013, 02:35 PM
dumb dumb thread

Yet you stumbled over yourself to open, read, and post.

Redskins10
01-20-2013, 02:47 PM
Yet you stumbled over yourself to open, read, and post.

Just to tell you how dumb of a thread it is.

Redskins10
01-20-2013, 02:48 PM
His teammates Wouldnt change every year if he actually knew how to play with them.

Yeah, nothing to do with the culture of the organization.. Let's forget about all the antics surrounding Arenas, Blatche, Mcgee, Young and the FO and just blame it on Wall.

blahblahyoutoo
01-20-2013, 02:49 PM
Uncle drew > John wall

Matrix3132
01-20-2013, 02:59 PM

His teammates don't even know where their own sweet spots are

Bullsfan22
01-20-2013, 03:11 PM
He's no where near a bust but it was quite a few people saying he would be the best point guard in the league or close to it by now but I don't think he will ever live up to those expectations. I see Rose (if he's the same player), Westbrook and Kyrie being the top three young point guards going forward.

I don't really buy the excuses of his teammates being the blame for him not working harder to improve his shooting and decision making skills.

Swashcuff
01-20-2013, 05:07 PM

Most idiotic post of the thread.

KnicksorBust
01-20-2013, 05:08 PM
He finished 10th in assists his rookie year and 4th in assists his sophomore year. We are getting way too loose with the word "bust." :)

I still see him as a potential great player.

TheSource
01-20-2013, 05:22 PM
I see him hovering around a peak of 18 points, 8 assists, 1 steal a game.