PDA

View Full Version : What did/does MJ love more....the game of basketball or glory/his ego?

Everymanalion
01-19-2013, 12:36 AM
Now everyone has heard the horror stories about MJ being a dick to teammates, fans, fellow celebrities and I have read a couple stories(Do not ask me where as it was awhile ago) that per his personality he would have excelled at anything competitive/positions of power no matter what his vocation was and he was just a domineering ******* and he just so happened to have a basketball body and the skill and insane work ethic, so do you think he did all of the great things he did in the game for the love of basketball, for his own personal legacy, to stroke his ego or all 3?

I guess I am trying to get a more in-depth perspective of MJ, not the best place to do it on a NBA forum but I only got into the NBA as a hardcore fan about 6 years ago so I was not able to watch him play, see how he acts and what not besides going back and watching tape, opinions on MJ's basketball motivation is really what this thread is about.....

Alayla
01-19-2013, 12:39 AM
Oh come on he is the greatest basketball player of all time Wouldn't you have an ego about it if it where u?

Daze9900
01-19-2013, 12:43 AM
The game; he worked on his craft to get to where it was; after getting cut from hs team lots of kids would just believe they aren't good enough and quit. First came his love for the game and then came his ego/swag/gambling.

b@llhog24
01-19-2013, 12:50 AM
Getting haircuts.

Everymanalion
01-19-2013, 12:50 AM
Of course he had an ego but I meant what was his motivation to work so damn hard, part was god given talent but he also worked his *** off, do you think he loved the game so much and thats why he worked so hard or he JUST wanted to be the best

DubbyDubbs
01-19-2013, 01:03 AM
Of course he had an ego but I meant what was his motivation to work so damn hard, part was god given talent but he also worked his *** off, do you think he loved the game so much and thats why he worked so hard or he JUST wanted to be the best

Is there a difference really? If you really love something enough, you should strive to be the best at it... thats how people become the best... whether its a sport or your everyday job, if you love it you will be good at it in the end.

PrettyBoyJ
01-19-2013, 01:06 AM
If you want to be the best you work hard at it.. Not just basketball but in life. I think Jordan loved the game but also aspired to be the best so he work hard I don't think he was thinking about his own personal legacy when he was working on his game