PDA

View Full Version : McGrady denies playing Kobe in Germany.

Longhornfan1234
01-18-2013, 02:53 AM
McGrady's tweet:

"LOL Hell no! That's far from the truth. No one in the NBA is playing 1 on 1. Me and KB never went to Germany together either.."

https://mobile.twitter.com/Real_T_Mac/tweets

Im_in_Mia_bish
01-18-2013, 02:56 AM
lol...

Money_23
01-18-2013, 02:57 AM
nvm I found it.

Longhornfan1234
01-18-2013, 02:58 AM
I don't see the tweet or are you LoneROY7? :confused:

@MHeatfan631 LOL Hell no! That's far from the truth. No one in the NBA is playing 1 on 1. Me and KB never went to Germany together either..

You must be blind.

Money_23
01-18-2013, 02:59 AM
@MHeatfan631 LOL Hell no! That's far from the truth. No one in the NBA is playing 1 on 1. Me and KB never went to Germany together either..

You must be blind.

my bad. I had to click on "all" tweets. Never used twitter before.

Money_23
01-18-2013, 03:01 AM
not looking good for Chuckbe.

Slug3
01-18-2013, 03:05 AM
First it's made up girlfriends this week and now perhaps made up 1 on 1 games. What are sports becoming.

justinnum1
01-18-2013, 03:11 AM
lol

someone is lying

LoveMeOrHateMe
01-18-2013, 03:16 AM
Hahaha t-Mac is afraid to tell the truth lol funny stuff

Cromedome
01-18-2013, 03:20 AM
If I remember correctly.....T-mac used to own Kobe (defense and offense) when their teams played against each other.

Seguin
01-18-2013, 03:20 AM

Without knowing literally anything about the situation, what makes you think McGrady is lying?

Lakers + Giants
01-18-2013, 03:23 AM
I can see them both lying. One exaggerating (kobe) and the other just pretending nothing ever happened (tmac). :laugh2:

Who cares tho really?

I'm not gonna think of kobe any differently if he's telling the truth or lying. I also won't take anything away from Prime tmac, dude was a flatout boss. Even if it was a relatively short prime, T-mac>Kobe in their prime for me.

ThuglifeJ
01-18-2013, 03:36 AM
Lol well Kobe will look really weird to me if this is true.. wtf?

to be honest I didn't think NBA players were ever playing 1v1 anyway so I might have to believe Tmac.. someone can figure this out.. Kobe said he was 20, Tmac would still be on the Raptors then wouldn't he? He never had a shoe deal on the Raptors I don't think so why would he be in Germany.

yikes Kobe looks bad here imo

Lakers + Giants
01-18-2013, 03:39 AM
If something as small as this changes your opinion on a player then you just flat out hate him.

It's not like the ****in Manti T'eo Lie.

ILLUSIONIST^248
01-18-2013, 03:42 AM
TMac is a lying lil girl.

Philapsychosis
01-18-2013, 03:57 AM
Well, T-Mac is lying about not coming to Germany with Kobe at least. I remember seeing the both of them here in Germany. Soooo I can't speak about the game, but those 2 were def here at the same time

KingPosey
01-18-2013, 04:12 AM
T Mac is fibbin

Seguin
01-18-2013, 04:14 AM
What are lakers fans basing their opinions off? I'm not even a basketball fan, but its so funny to see you blindly supporting Kobe :laugh2:

KingPosey
01-18-2013, 04:20 AM
Kobe wouldn't have much to gain by saying it, TMac would have more to stand denying being humiliated.

kblo247
01-18-2013, 04:23 AM
No one in the nba plays 1 on 1? Really.

And they shared the same agent most their careers so it plausible he set it up.

Saad
01-18-2013, 04:29 AM
If I remember correctly.....T-mac used to own Kobe (defense and offense) when their teams played against each other.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=bryanko01&p2=mcgratr01

I dont think you rememeber correctly :eyebrow:

akesh99
01-18-2013, 04:35 AM
It's pretty bold for Tmac not only to call out Kobe for them not playing 1 on 1 but not even being in Germany together.. I believe Tmac on this one.

Vinylman
01-18-2013, 04:37 AM
It's pretty bold for Tmac not only to call out Kobe for them not playing 1 on 1 but not even being in Germany together.. I believe Tmac on this one.

might want to look at post 16... poster says they were there at the same time...

--23--
01-18-2013, 04:38 AM
:eyebrow: well now someone is lying lol

NYYCowboys
01-18-2013, 04:40 AM
Kobe definitely is lying.

KingPosey
01-18-2013, 04:43 AM
The poster from Germany said they clearly were in Germany together

KingPosey
01-18-2013, 04:54 AM
But I will say thi, TMac is probably in the best shape he has been in in about 6 years. Nice to see because if you looked at his body by season he definitely stopped working

Chronz
01-18-2013, 04:57 AM
might want to look at post 16... poster says they were there at the same time...

http://www.fashionwindows.com/beauty/2001/adidas_kwame.asp

ORTLAND, OR, Jun 20, 2003 / --- NBA Superstar Tracy "TMAC" McGrady began his offseason with a visit to Germany.

He spent the first three days of his trip in Berlin, opening a top European basketball camp, the adidas EURO abc Camp and attending the "Mellowpark Jam", an inner-city event aimed at providing urban Berlin youth with the opportunity to participate in sporting activities.
It was TMAC's second European trip, both being in connection with adidas, as he was in Paris for the 1998 adidas EURO abc Camp. He also attended the 1999 adidas Asian Streetball Finals in Taipei, Taiwan and the 2000 adidas Asian Streetball Finals in Manila, Philippines.

Kobe is getting old, must have his dates/names messed up.

Cromedome
01-18-2013, 05:00 AM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=bryanko01&p2=mcgratr01

I remember watching the games and they weren't matched up all the time....but the times they were...Mcgrady pretty much stopped Kobe.

The goods
01-18-2013, 05:57 AM
Ofcourse he denies it, just like every guy denies getting shot down at the club by a woman.

Doogolas
01-18-2013, 06:33 AM
I remember watching the games and they weren't matched up all the time....but the times they were...Mcgrady pretty much stopped Kobe.

I'm sure your memory is just that good!

Andrew32
01-18-2013, 07:51 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXcaybP__6o

LakersIn5
01-18-2013, 08:50 AM

we are talking about 1 on 1 not nba basketball

JiffyMix88
01-18-2013, 09:10 AM
Gotta go with T-Mac on this one I mean it's not like Kobe hasn't lied before. For example when he lied about not raping that white girl in Colorodo.

tmacsc2
01-18-2013, 09:34 AM
Gotta go with T-Mac on this one I mean it's not like Kobe hasn't lied before. For example when he lied about not raping that white girl in Colorodo.

ZIIINNNGGGG.......

KOBE GOT SOME EXPLAINING TO DO. Tmac and kobe had some decent battles when they played each other back in the day.

Im gonna go with Tmac on this (obviously my SN says his name) but just for the fact he says aint nobody playin 1 on 1 in the NBA. I believe players dont just randomly play each other just for the fact of revealing any sort of strategy.

HowFit
01-18-2013, 09:37 AM

From a poster with Kobe as his sig, of course...

HowFit
01-18-2013, 09:39 AM
TMac is a lying lil girl.

Again, from a Lakers' fan........of course

BKLYNpigeon
01-18-2013, 10:08 AM
T-Mac is Denying it... what competitive NBA player would admit to it?

What Kobe said about him was too thorough with a lot of information. like, he was 20, in Germany, doing promotional work, doing 3 games, beating him 11-2 in one game.. etc... im sure someone can check the facts.

its kind of hard to make all that stuff up unless you're Manti te'o

Corey
01-18-2013, 10:14 AM

T-Mac shot under 40% career against Kobe.

HouRealCoach
01-18-2013, 10:57 AM
Without knowing literally anything about the situation, what makes you think McGrady is lying?

You can't change their minds...Just let it go

A lot of those games were at the end of T-Mac's career & makes the averages look like he got dominated... It's really pretty even

LakersOrNothing
01-18-2013, 10:58 AM
Lol

Cromedome
01-18-2013, 11:02 AM

Please stop with the stats....I watched the games to form an opinion.

LakersOrNothing
01-18-2013, 11:05 AM
You can't change their minds...Just let it go

A lot of those games were at the end of T-Mac's career & makes the averages look like he got dominated... It's really pretty even

I think he did get dominated? I don't get why people say Tmac was great - he was GOOD, and that's it.. The dude can barely make it past the first round of the playoffs for being that "Superstar". Yea.. right. I don't give a **** about Kobe, but to say Tmac dominated Kobe, that's just silly. There's a reason why he's not even in the NBA.

lakers4sho
01-18-2013, 11:11 AM
video clip

ok :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jf8RndUf-0Y

Hellcrooner
01-18-2013, 11:12 AM
Someone who paid in order that a rape case was dropped lying?
Someone who cheats his wife lying?

Cant believe it.!!!!!!!!!!!

TheMoneyTeam
01-18-2013, 11:24 AM

http://gif-central.blogspot.com/2012/05/idi-amin-laughing.html

rapjuicer06
01-18-2013, 11:36 AM
If Kobe reps Nike and Tmac was Addidas why would they both be in Germany for Addidas?

LakersOrNothing
01-18-2013, 11:43 AM
If Kobe reps Nike and Tmac was Addidas why would they both be in Germany for Addidas?

Kobe was with Adidas until the Colorado scandal.. They released him after it happened and shortly after, Nike picked him up

HowFit
01-18-2013, 11:55 AM
Kobe was with Adidas until the Colorado scandal.. They released him after it happened and shortly after, Nike picked him up

Smart of Adidas! Wished more people were this wise...

TheMoneyTeam
01-18-2013, 12:03 PM

Smart of Nike, Kobe is a cash cow.

HouRealCoach
01-18-2013, 12:08 PM
I think he did get dominated? I don't get why people say Tmac was great - he was GOOD, and that's it.. The dude can barely make it past the first round of the playoffs for being that "Superstar". Yea.. right. I don't give a **** about Kobe, but to say Tmac dominated Kobe, that's just silly. There's a reason why he's not even in the NBA.

First of all, I said it was pretty even..

Second, let's take a look at T-Mac's career..

In Orlando, the next best players were Mike Miller & Darrell Armstrong, They both are worse than Lamar Odom. He had one of the worst supporting casts ever in Orlando.

In 2005, you could clearly tell the refs were cheating the Rockets, even came out and admitted in later years, & Jon BArry said that was some of the greatest basketball he had ever seen from T-Mac in that series.

In 2007, EVERYBODY on Rockets roster's numbers dropped in the playoffs except T-Mac's & Battier's. T-Mac couldn't do anything about Yao Ming's poor defense on Carlos Boozer or Yao shooting 40 something percent or Luther Head & Rafer Alston missing wide open 3 after wide open 3... His teammates lost that series.

In 2008, Damn near half the team was injured but he played through his and still played great against a fully healthy Jazz squad.

It's not his fault because he was always put in bad circumstances like those

rapjuicer06
01-18-2013, 12:40 PM

Ahh, I did not know that. I think T-Mac might just be trying to save face a bit. But who knows. Not like it matters much anyways

Doogolas
01-18-2013, 01:06 PM
First of all, I said it was pretty even..

Second, let's take a look at T-Mac's career..

In Orlando, the next best players were Mike Miller & Darrell Armstrong, They both are worse than Lamar Odom. He had one of the worst supporting casts ever in Orlando.

In 2005, you could clearly tell the refs were cheating the Rockets, even came out and admitted in later years, & Jon BArry said that was some of the greatest basketball he had ever seen from T-Mac in that series.

In 2007, EVERYBODY on Rockets roster's numbers dropped in the playoffs except T-Mac's & Battier's. T-Mac couldn't do anything about Yao Ming's poor defense on Carlos Boozer or Yao shooting 40 something percent or Luther Head & Rafer Alston missing wide open 3 after wide open 3... His teammates lost that series.

In 2008, Damn near half the team was injured but he played through his and still played great against a fully healthy Jazz squad.

It's not his fault because he was always put in bad circumstances like those

Except it wasn't even close to even. Kobe completely dominated.

KingsOfQueens
01-18-2013, 01:14 PM

LOL you're a fool. Nike makes so much money off Kobe now. And Kobe's sneakers are so much better now than they were with Adidas.

And stop with the rape BS. I'm no Kobe fan but that was NOT RAPE. That bimbo was just an attention whore who got cut from American Idol looking for some quick fame and money. If you look at her, hear her speak, that type of girl is NOT denying sex from Kobe Bryant.

People love to sympathize for the "poor little white girl". Open your eyes people.

As for cheating on his wife, I don't condone it by any means...but I think it'd be safe to say over 50% of athletes cheat on their significant others. Not saying its right at all, but Kobe is FAR from the only one who has done it, so to use it against him on an issue like this is just stupid.

That all being said, I'm gonna believe T-Mac on this one.

justinnum1
01-18-2013, 01:17 PM

winner

KingsOfQueens
01-18-2013, 01:19 PM
So many small minds on this board.

Vinylman
01-18-2013, 01:32 PM

yeah that worked out well for them :facepalm:

JiffyMix88
01-18-2013, 01:35 PM
LOL you're a fool. Nike makes so much money off Kobe now. And Kobe's sneakers are so much better now than they were with Adidas.

And stop with the rape BS. I'm no Kobe fan but that was NOT RAPE. That bimbo was just an attention whore who got cut from American Idol looking for some quick fame and money. If you look at her, hear her speak, that type of girl is NOT denying sex from Kobe Bryant.

People love to sympathize for the "poor little white girl". Open your eyes people.

As for cheating on his wife, I don't condone it by any means...but I think it'd be safe to say over 50% of athletes cheat on their significant others. Not saying its right at all, but Kobe is FAR from the only one who has done it, so to use it against him on an issue like this is just stupid.

:laugh:

KingsOfQueens
01-18-2013, 01:38 PM
:laugh:

Lol I like T-Mac more :shrug:

But that rape argument is just ridiculous, small minded, and stupid.

However, that poster from Germany has me second guessing T-Mac.

ManRam
01-18-2013, 01:52 PM
I truly don't care about alleged 1-on-1 match ups...but I'm rarely ever inclined to believe Kobe...especially when it comes to boasting.

I think he would, in their primes, beat T-Mac one-on-one...I also think it doesn't matter and am surprised people care.

*Superman*
01-18-2013, 01:57 PM
But he didn't deny the spasms...interesting.

STA_PLAR
01-18-2013, 02:09 PM
McGrady at 20 was still a raptor not even on the magic. That other "shoe company" is obviously adidas. Mcgrady was not with adidas either at age 20.

I heard tmac and kobe played 1 on 1 in all-star weekend once and TMAC owned him.

Kobe is just full of ****.

So some guy on PSD says he saw them in Germany lol? It's probably a Kobe Rider making up nonsense.

I love Kobe but he is taking his mouth to another level only if he still had game.

He got owned by Wade and Bron last night.

b@llhog24
01-18-2013, 02:49 PM

Kind of skewed because Tmac was never "that" efficient as a scorer, his all-around play was more impressive than his scoring tbh.

ThuglifeJ
01-18-2013, 05:08 PM
Except it wasn't even close to even. Kobe completely dominated.

People are so naive and forgetfull. Tmac could have easily done more if he was paired up with SHAQ. Like it's not that hard to realize that. He had just as much going for him on the court as Kobe. Kobe, when faced with a supporting cast like Tmac was in Orlando put up good numbers but didn't get past the first round? the ****?

I know winning is the most important aspect with professional sports, but really they push it so much in the NBA when they know it's out of a player's reach most of the time. Really the GMs should get hyped on sportscenter when it comes to winning more...not ONE Superstar, who was given the gift of an extremely good cast..

same goes for Iverson, Carter. They wouldn't get any nonsense criticism about whatever. I hate being in the minority on this too. Iverson chucked a bad percentage BECAUSE HE HAD TO score a lot to win. Carter never won a ring BECAUSE you cant name his second best player on the Raptors, you cant name his bigmen on the Nets.

Seriously what have Kobe, even Jordan won, without a good enough supporting cast? Pippen was a superstar on any other team, Kobe always had a stacked cast when he won.

Hawkeye15
01-18-2013, 05:11 PM
I can see them both lying. One exaggerating (kobe) and the other just pretending nothing ever happened (tmac). :laugh2:

Who cares tho really?

I'm not gonna think of kobe any differently if he's telling the truth or lying. I also won't take anything away from Prime tmac, dude was a flatout boss. Even if it was a relatively short prime, T-mac>Kobe in their prime for me.

exactly how I feel.

Hawkeye15
01-18-2013, 05:13 PM

pull out the periods of time when McGrady was injured, and man, they were neck and neck individually.

TmacBryant
01-18-2013, 05:50 PM

No he definitely did not. Offensively maybe he went beast mode a few games but kobe got T-mac 80% of those games. I would know, I enjoyed every second of them.

Chronz
01-18-2013, 05:51 PM
pull out the periods of time when McGrady was injured, and man, they were neck and neck individually.

Tmac lost his balls vs Kobe around 06 or 07 IIRC. I dont just mean as a result of his decline either, I mean he appeared to succumb to whatever Kobe wanted (in terms of positioning) when before, regardless of his cast/injuries, he went at him, good or bad it was on his terms. Didn't want to admit it then but that should have been the sign that the fight in him to rise above the moment was over.

Hawkeye15
01-18-2013, 05:54 PM
Tmac lost his balls vs Kobe around 06 or 07 IIRC. I dont just mean as a result of his decline either, I mean he appeared to succumb to whatever Kobe wanted (in terms of positioning) when before, regardless of his cast/injuries, he went at him, good or bad it was on his terms. Didn't want to admit it then but that should have been the sign that the fight in him to rise above the moment was over.

very true. It sucks, the Rox window was so short because of it I think. McGrady, even before the shoulder and back injuries, appeared to check out for periods of time.

Also, need to remove the Toronto days in that matchup comparison statistically.

I just find it unfortunate that the Orlando, even early Houston McGrady ended up like he did. He was so awesome for a handful of seasons.

ztilzer31
01-18-2013, 06:12 PM
Kobe wouldn't have much to gain by saying it, TMac would have more to stand denying being humiliated.

Why? TMac is irrelevant while Kobe is still an all star. I feel like if anything this looks bad on Kobe, and really doesn't do anything to TMac's image.

I feel like since he said "I've never been to Germany with Kobe". That's pretty much all she wrote. I mean if until there's proof that Kobe, and TMac were in Germany together it's basically false **** by Kobe IMO.

XJW18
01-18-2013, 06:16 PM
Tell them truth TMAC!
LOL

KingPosey
01-18-2013, 06:46 PM
McGrady at 20 was still a raptor not even on the magic. That other "shoe company" is obviously adidas. Mcgrady was not with adidas either at age 20.

I heard tmac and kobe played 1 on 1 in all-star weekend once and TMAC owned him.

Kobe is just full of ****.

So some guy on PSD says he saw them in Germany lol? It's probably a Kobe Rider making up nonsense.

I love Kobe but he is taking his mouth to another level only if he still had game.

He got owned by Wade and Bron last night.

Well obviously what you HEARD about AS weekend wasn't try true because tMac denies ever playing him. So go aHead and delete it.

KingPosey
01-18-2013, 06:49 PM
Why? TMac is irrelevant while Kobe is still an all star. I feel like if anything this looks bad on Kobe, and really doesn't do anything to TMac's image.

I feel like since he said "I've never been to Germany with Kobe". That's pretty much all she wrote. I mean if until there's proof that Kobe, and TMac were in Germany together it's basically false **** by Kobe IMO.
No it's not basically false, that's a big jump from hearsay. It's scary slope when people jump like that.

LAcowBOMBER
01-18-2013, 06:50 PM

At least you are a reasonable person unlike most of the people in this thread. I believe Kobe just because he has nothing to gain by lying. It's not ego, his career crushes McGrady's so it's not like he has something to prove against him. McGrady probably has a pretty bruised or broken ego about now so I could see him denying it.

I will say prime McGrady was just as good as Kobe at that time. Their numbers were pretty similar from what I remember. My best friend in middle school was a McGrady fan and I was a Kobe fan and I remember for at least like 2 years were there wasn't a clear better player, unless you want to take winning into consideration.

LAcowBOMBER
01-18-2013, 06:59 PM
People are so naive and forgetfull. Tmac could have easily done more if he was paired up with SHAQ. Like it's not that hard to realize that. He had just as much going for him on the court as Kobe. Kobe, when faced with a supporting cast like Tmac was in Orlando put up good numbers but didn't get past the first round? the ****?

I know winning is the most important aspect with professional sports, but really they push it so much in the NBA when they know it's out of a player's reach most of the time. Really the GMs should get hyped on sportscenter when it comes to winning more...not ONE Superstar, who was given the gift of an extremely good cast..

same goes for Iverson, Carter. They wouldn't get any nonsense criticism about whatever. I hate being in the minority on this too. Iverson chucked a bad percentage BECAUSE HE HAD TO score a lot to win. Carter never won a ring BECAUSE you cant name his second best player on the Raptors, you cant name his bigmen on the Nets.

Seriously what have Kobe, even Jordan won, without a good enough supporting cast? Pippen was a superstar on any other team, Kobe always had a stacked cast when he won.

I agree that McGrady probably could have won in Kobe's place, but that's not a guarantee. Also Iverson dominated the ball way too much to play with Shaq, I really don't think that would have worked. Carter again is possible, but KObe and T-mac were better

ThuglifeJ
01-18-2013, 08:38 PM
I agree that McGrady probably could have won in Kobe's place, but that's not a guarantee. Also Iverson dominated the ball way too much to play with Shaq, I really don't think that would have worked. Carter again is possible, but KObe and T-mac were better

yeah but it has been guaranteed that Kobe doesn't win when not surrounded by a good cast. He never has, no one ever has.
I'm just saying that argument is always thrown out the window, these proclaimed winners, winner mentality, killer instinct superstars, never did in fact win without help.

Tmac, Iverson, Carter never got that help. They never get a pass for that though for some reason when they were at the same talent level as Kobe, who is a proclaimed winner, because he's won with stacked rosters. Not saying he's not a killer/winner but really he had 3 rings with Shaq, thats a pretty good warm up and practice for winning another ring with another good cast.

ThuglifeJ
01-18-2013, 08:40 PM
who says Kobe doesn't have a carefree attitude in the NBA after playing many seasons with a losing team out in a small market somewhere?

IKnowHoops
01-18-2013, 10:48 PM

And this is so true. Obviously Kobe will go down as the better player in history because of the rings and he has been dominant for basically 15 years and counting while Tracy was dominant for 8. But when they were both in there primes you can make an argument either way. I honestly would probably have to take Kobe, but catch me on another day and I'll take Tracy. I love both of there games but prime for prime, its a very even call.

P.S. I will say this, I liked Tracy's size and athleticism over Kobe's size and athelticism, but Kobe had more focus then Tracy.

RLundi
01-18-2013, 11:00 PM
Kobe is full of crap, always have been. It's hard to believe a manipulative, conceited person like him. I believe T-Mac on this one, Kobe's ego would say anything to get some kind of advantage on everyone else.

Doogolas
01-18-2013, 11:29 PM

Man, it sure sucks that T-Mac was made of paper and Kobe wasn't.

Fresno
01-18-2013, 11:54 PM
Kobe is full of crap, always have been. It's hard to believe a manipulative, conceited person like him. I believe T-Mac on this one, Kobe's ego would say anything to get some kind of advantage on everyone else.

I believe Tracy too on this one that Kobe is making it up.

He must have thought Tracy was too old to be on Twitter and stuck over in China that he could exaggerate a story just to make it seem like his past was so great when it really wasn't. The stuff he talks about at this point now makes me wonder if Kobe is delusional to the fact we all were alive to witness the same time period he talks about.

As if you're telling me 2 of Adidas biggest prospects at the time would be overseas in Germany playing 1 on 1 for 3 full games and there would be no footage or even writers present to talk about it.

I dont think they played 1 on 1 in a hotel room, because Kobe would've lost.

Losoway
01-19-2013, 12:21 AM
i think kobe is lying.

Losoway
01-19-2013, 12:21 AM
at the time when he said the played. t mac was way better then kobe

LAcowBOMBER
01-19-2013, 12:31 AM
at the time when he said the played. t mac was way better then kobe

T-mac was never way better than Kobe

LAcowBOMBER
01-19-2013, 12:34 AM
yeah but it has been guaranteed that Kobe doesn't win when not surrounded by a good cast. He never has, no one ever has.
I'm just saying that argument is always thrown out the window, these proclaimed winners, winner mentality, killer instinct superstars, never did in fact win without help.

Tmac, Iverson, Carter never got that help. They never get a pass for that though for some reason when they were at the same talent level as Kobe, who is a proclaimed winner, because he's won with stacked rosters. Not saying he's not a killer/winner but really he had 3 rings with Shaq, thats a pretty good warm up and practice for winning another ring with another good cast.

The last two teams Kobe won with were not stacked. They were good, but its not like they were like the Celtics or the Heat. Kobe was the only all-time great on that team unlike the Bulls, Heat, the Lakers from his first 3 championships

DumDum
01-19-2013, 04:10 AM
What does kobe gain by saying he beat a tmac with a bad back in 3 pick up games ? If kobe help tracy land a spot on the laker bench it looks better for his image

ThaDubs
01-19-2013, 04:20 AM
Lol LA fans can never stop ballhugging Kobe.

DCB/LAL
01-19-2013, 12:41 PM

Tmac, Iverson, Carter never got that help. They never get a pass for that though for some reason when they were at the same talent level as Kobe, who is a pthat'sroclaimed winner, because he's won with stacked rosters. Not saying he's not a killer/winner but really he had 3 rings with Shaq, thats a pretty good warm up and practice for winning another ring with another good cast.

That's not true t-mac had a prime Yao when Yao was a beast and probably three best center in the league AT THE TIME... Carter had J-Kidd/Martin/Richardson and now he has Dirk... Iverson had Melo when Melo has already established himself as an all star in this league... Like i said saying they nerve had the help is simply not true. Can you imagine Kobe with Yao in 05/07...or Kobe with Kidd/Richardson/Martin...yikes.

Chronz
01-19-2013, 04:33 PM
Carter had J-Kidd/Martin/Richardson and now he has Dirk...
LOL

I didnt read most of your post but I happened to catch sight of this. Cmon man stop trollin

DCB/LAL
01-19-2013, 07:40 PM
LOL

I didnt read most of your post but I happened to catch sight of this. Cmon man stop trollin

Who's trolling? Richardson and Kidd were 2 of the better players at their position at that time Martin while never a star was an above average player to say I'm trolling is kind of an ignorant statement on your behalf...Kidd its over of the best to ever do it at his position... Not to mention Carter and t-mac had each other.. No troll here just facts...

Tony_Starks
01-19-2013, 07:47 PM
T-Mac never wanted any parts of Kobe. The back in the day argument used to be was it TMac, or Kobe, or AI, or Vince, or even Ray Allen. Fast forward to the present that question has been answered in ridiculous fashion.......

And all those players had at least one good season on top of their game with legitimate teams but yet we see the results.

still1ballin
01-19-2013, 08:21 PM
T-mac was never way better than Kobe

The man who never got passed the first round?

And don't tell that Kobe had Shaq, because Tmac had Yao.

Redskins10
01-19-2013, 08:44 PM
You mean the Yao that couldn't stay healthy for more than 40 games a season?

Chronz
01-19-2013, 08:51 PM
The man who never got passed the first round?

And don't tell that Kobe had Shaq, because Tmac had Yao.
:facepalm:

Chronz
01-19-2013, 08:51 PM
And all those players had at least one good season on top of their game with legitimate teams but yet we see the results.

Do tell more

Chronz
01-19-2013, 09:02 PM
Who's trolling? Richardson and Kidd were 2 of the better players at their position at that time Martin while never a star was an above average player to say I'm trolling is kind of an ignorant statement on your behalf...Kidd its over of the best to ever do it at his position... Not to mention Carter and t-mac had each other.. No troll here just facts...
LOL Dirk? Martin? LMFAO how come you didn't mention them in this post?
And he had a Kidd that was fresh off Microfracture, that you have to mention a teenage T-Mac as being some sort luxury piece kinda says it all.

Its not the facts you use that make you a troll, its how you like to pass them off. Its like when JB mentions a "fact", one that is both true and irrelevant.

VC playing with Dirk is an irrelevant fact because VC is no longer a championship caliber star. It would be like me saying Kobe lost with GP and Shaq against a team with 1 All-Star. Technically, everything I just said would be true, but it neglects to mention that GP was a role player at that point and that the Pistons were a more dominant team.

I was hoping you were trolling but you actually believe those were championship caliber casts? LMFAO on what basis?

DCB/LAL
01-19-2013, 10:11 PM
LOL Dirk? Martin? LMFAO how come you didn't mention them in this post?
And he had a Kidd that was fresh off Microfracture, that you have to mention a teenage T-Mac as being some sort luxury piece kinda says it all.

Its not the facts you use that make you a troll, its how you like to pass them off. Its like when JB mentions a "fact", one that is both true and irrelevant.

VC playing with Dirk is an irrelevant fact because VC is no longer a championship caliber star. It would be like me saying Kobe lost with GP and Shaq against a team with 1 All-Star. Technically, everything I just said would be true, but it neglects to mention that GP was a role player at that point and that the Pistons were a more dominant team.

I was hoping you were trolling but you actually believe those were championship caliber casts? LMFAO on what basis?

I'm sorry i thought that nets team made it to the finals... Hell i thought the Mavs won it all in 11?... :hush: i mean i know your a psd expert an all but child please