PDA

View Full Version : Has Miami created the perform storm this year to not repeat?

NYSpirit1
01-17-2013, 09:05 PM
The reason I am saying this is because their team is so small. Wade has regressed athletically speaking and Bosh's decline in rebound rate is astounding. His last years in Toronto he was pulling down 9.5-11 rebounds a game. Now he's at 7.5. They don't have much depth and while Lewis/Allen have been good, I don't think it's been as scary as advertised.

Chicago will be very, very strong when Rose comes back. They're 22-15 after all and Deng, Noah and Boozer will be a strong supporting cast, now more than ever.

New York *WHEN FULLY HEALTHY* has all the pieces to dethrone the Heat. They are incredibly deep, with Shumpert and Stoudemire back now, Felton back in two games. They have so many weapons to beat you and when LeBron is off the court, the supporting guys on the Heat will have a hard time keeping up.

Brooklyn also has a very good team and Boston will always be there. That's just the East and Miami's likely going to have to play two of these teams on the way to the Finals.

If they get there, OKC clearly looks like the better team this year and has the size to beat them.

ILLUSIONIST^248
01-17-2013, 09:08 PM
You wish son. The heat will be in the finals this year.

JNoel
01-17-2013, 09:11 PM
Lullz :dance:

NYSpirit1
01-17-2013, 09:16 PM
You wish son. The heat will be in the finals this year.

I didn't say that. I said at the end even if they get there, I don't think they'll defeat OKC.

gotoHcarolina52
01-17-2013, 09:24 PM
Has Miami created the perform [sic] storm this year to not repeat by failing to retain Ronny Turiaf, Juwan Howard, and Eddy Curry and adding the all-time 3pt leader?

Yes, clearly.

DeRaptor95
01-17-2013, 09:27 PM
How come its always knicks fans making all these heat bashing threads?

Dade County
01-17-2013, 09:31 PM

lol

Ethix11
01-17-2013, 09:32 PM
The problem with Miami is their effort. They wait to turn it on toward the end.

ILLUSIONIST^248
01-17-2013, 09:32 PM
I didn't say that. I said at the end even if they get there, I don't think they'll defeat OKC.

Possible.

ATX
01-17-2013, 09:33 PM
This thread seems to just keep coming back about every week or so in one wording or another from Knicks fans. This has all been discussed at great length and rehashed over and over...But hey, let's do it all over again.

And to say Miami stands no chance against OKC, well let's see, they're 5-0 in their last 5 games against them...I think that shows they stand at least "A chance."

justinnum1
01-17-2013, 09:33 PM
:dance:

DaLakerz Rulz
01-17-2013, 09:34 PM
The Heat don't have depth...is that some kind of joke? Who else do they need on their team, Kevin Durant?

Sactown
01-17-2013, 09:40 PM
I think they shouldn't be playing as small as they are, but they still have time to figure it out, and I don't think playing small is going to kill them mostly during the post season as teams just don't have dominate big men anymore

In the east we're looking at

NYK- Chandler is big, but he isn't going to kill you in the post, and they're currently playing, Melo and Copeland who are both around 6'8 which means Lebron could D-up either of them at the PF position without being in danger

Indiana- Hibbert has been atrocious on offense so he's not going to be a huge threat on the block, and David West is another 6'8 6'9 undersized power forward

Chicago has Noah, who is probably the biggest threat so far but I don't think he's going to be the biggest threat when Rose and Boozer are there 1 and 2 punch, also Boozer is yet again an undersized PF who can be manned up by Lebron or Haslem

Brooklyn, has Lopez who is a big threat, and Blatche who has looked good, but overall not there yet and I don't think could compete in a 7 game series.

Atlanta plays small

Boston plays with an undersized PF in bass and play perimeter ball, and ranks 30th in rebounds..

I don't think Miami is going to be killed because they play small ball, and even with the declining wade, they're still athletic enough to win

justinnum1
01-17-2013, 09:40 PM
OKC clearly looks like the team to beat miami? What gave you that impression?

It must have been their 0-5 record vs. miami in their last 5 games. ;)

Wade n Fade
01-17-2013, 09:47 PM

Knicks fans are as smart as Carmelo Anthony after the Celtics/Knicks game at MSG. They have nothing better than trolling/bash the champs.

DeRaptor95
01-18-2013, 12:00 AM
lol

Alayla
01-18-2013, 12:05 AM
The reason I am saying this is because their team is so small. Wade has regressed athletically speaking and Bosh's decline in rebound rate is astounding. His last years in Toronto he was pulling down 9.5-11 rebounds a game. Now he's at 7.5. They don't have much depth and while Lewis/Allen have been good, I don't think it's been as scary as advertised.

Chicago will be very, very strong when Rose comes back. They're 22-15 after all and Deng, Noah and Boozer will be a strong supporting cast, now more than ever.

New York *WHEN FULLY HEALTHY* has all the pieces to dethrone the Heat. They are incredibly deep, with Shumpert and Stoudemire back now, Felton back in two games. They have so many weapons to beat you and when LeBron is off the court, the supporting guys on the Heat will have a hard time keeping up.

Brooklyn also has a very good team and Boston will always be there. That's just the East and Miami's likely going to have to play two of these teams on the way to the Finals.

If they get there, OKC clearly looks like the better team this year and has the size to beat them.

There no smaller than they where last season

ryang
01-18-2013, 12:09 AM
Same team as last year come playoff time. Rotations become shorter etc etc. just worry about the ticking time bomb that is the Knicks. Can't wait for playoff time so I don't have to hear all this non sence. Every year same story. Pretty sure you remember how it ends.

mp3
01-18-2013, 12:12 AM
As much as I hate the Heat, there isn't a team in the East that can beat them in the playoffs. I don't care if the Knicks beat them already. Not happening. Only the Clippers and Thunder have a shot.

sep11ie
01-18-2013, 12:15 AM
I use my NYSpirit fingers every time one of my friends say something gay.

bklynny67
01-18-2013, 12:26 AM
Lullz :dance:

In case you didn't know, you guys that do the "Lullz" is the most incredibly lame thing ever. Is that supposed to be cool or something? Serious question.

bklynny67
01-18-2013, 12:31 AM
And for the record, NY Spirit doesn't speak for all Knicks fans here. This guy is known to make ridiculous threads that make little sense and that people just bash the hell out of every time he makes one.

bucketss
01-18-2013, 12:36 AM
what a supreme troll the op is.

JNoel
01-18-2013, 12:38 AM
In case you didn't know, you guys that do the "Lullz" is the most incredibly lame thing ever. Is that supposed to be cool or something? Serious question.

#3tothehead/#Knickstape

Enough said...

bklynny67
01-18-2013, 12:45 AM
#3tothehead/#Knickstape

Enough said...

yep, I agree that's extremely lame as well and I'm embarrassed when my fellow Knick fans say that crap. It's really ridiculous. All these things are equally lame then. haha

But yea, good comeback. LOL seriously, not being sarcastic. I forgot about that for a sec and literally laughed at loud when i saw your post.

JNoel
01-18-2013, 12:51 AM
yep, I agree that's extremely lame as well and I'm embarrassed when my fellow Knick fans say that crap. It's really ridiculous. All these things are equally lame then. haha

But yea, good comeback. LOL seriously, not being sarcastic. I forgot about that for a sec and literally laughed at loud when i saw your post.

I'm not even serious when I say Lullz, its only when I see a ridiculous thread that I feel the need to turn them into "good" threads. I hate popular culture myself but some BS tends to catch on sometimes ;)

njnets
01-18-2013, 01:10 AM
brooklyn's center position could pose some problems, but lebron and battier can play the 4 all day vs them. hump/evans/teletovic, even wallace, do not offset the heat's size problem. while they may be good at rebounding, i can easily see miami still beating them, not to mention some of the great shooters they have. evans can grab some boards but how would they match up on the defensive end? wouldnt end up well if it was one of the nets typical 4s vs lebron.

i agree that the rebounding is a cause for concern and NY and especially chicago will kill them on the boards, but downgrading them this much in january because of an issue like that ... :facepalm:

John Walls Era
01-18-2013, 01:38 AM
Wishful thinking. 7 Game Series are a different animal. Its about adjustments and the Heat are great at defensively matching up with teams.

bklynny67
01-18-2013, 02:03 AM
I'm not even serious when I say Lullz, its only when I see a ridiculous thread that I feel the need to turn them into "good" threads. I hate popular culture myself but some BS tends to catch on sometimes ;)

i understand. lol it just makes me laugh, that's all. Didn't mean any harm by it.

JEDean89
01-18-2013, 02:03 AM
the internet is not the right place to go if you are offended my mispelling, lullz or hashtags

HesterJordan23
01-18-2013, 12:54 PM
nba forum is so funny always arguing about bash threads

HowFit
01-18-2013, 01:16 PM
Lol...

Im_in_Mia_bish
01-18-2013, 01:17 PM
lol

blahblahyoutoo
01-18-2013, 01:28 PM
OP, stop making threads. Srsly.

kdspurman
01-18-2013, 01:34 PM

FWIW, I think of the top teams in the West, the Heat would gladly welcome playing OKC again.

Im_in_Mia_bish
01-18-2013, 01:42 PM
FWIW, I think of the top teams in the West, the Heat would gladly welcome playing OKC again.

just ignore him man lol
the whole world knows the heat matchup well against the thunder.

smh

ManRam
01-18-2013, 01:50 PM
I mean, their problems do seem more real than last year's team, but right now there doesn't appear to be a team that can beat them in the East in a 7 game series. Maybe the Knicks if they just can't miss 3s. Maybe the Bulls, like you said, but we gotta wait and see how Rose does.

They'll ratchet it up in the playoffs too. The defense will be fine. The rebounds might be a problem, but they've done fine against better rebounding teams before.

It's whoever they play in the Finals that they should worry about, not the East.

KingsOfQueens
01-18-2013, 01:57 PM
Ugh this is why people hate Knicks fans. I apologize on my team's behalf.

Hawkize31
01-18-2013, 01:59 PM
I feel like its the opposite. No one is challenging them. They are losing more than they should, and are still the 1 seed. They are going to be well rested because they can sleepwalk to HCA.

Stinkyoutsider
01-18-2013, 02:13 PM
The Heat are fine and in good position to defend their title. 82 games is a long season even for some of us fans. The Heat are smart because they're choosing to coast now. This won't be an issue with about 8 to 10 games left in the regular season. It also might be motivation right now too? Just imagine if you were confident you could win back to back titles and you had this 82 game grind staring you in the face? If it were me, I would just want to coast through most of it and get into the playoffs.

As far as competition in the East, I think everyone is still playing catchup with Miami?

The Best Around
01-18-2013, 02:53 PM
I don't think Miami will struggle too much to get to the Finals. Coming into the season, I thought they'd repeat. Now, I'd likely bet on the team they play to beat them. Also take into consideration that pretty much anyone who thought the Mavs would beat the Heat in that finals would have been considered a troll because it seemed so ridiculous. That team to me seemed more put together than this one right now. Not to mention the fact that if one of the Big Three goes down, they will struggle.

Muttman73
01-18-2013, 02:58 PM
What exactly is a "Perform Storm" ???

farren.louis
01-18-2013, 02:59 PM
I think Miami need to look out for the knicks , because they have the defenders to at least slow wade an bron down! they have chandler holding down the paint Melo, jr, felton can score. And amare I think is Hungry, everytime he touches the ball its an agressive move HE LOOKS AWESOME! I think this is the knicks year they have more talent than miami! Btw Im on rockets fan

Bellz
01-18-2013, 03:00 PM
Heat have the best record in the east and are defending champs give them some respect jeeze lol And Im a knicks fan

justinnum1
01-18-2013, 03:06 PM
I think Miami need to look out for the knicks , because they have the defenders to at least slow wade an bron down! they have chandler holding down the paint Melo, jr, felton can score. And amare I think is Hungry, everytime he touches the ball its an agressive move HE LOOKS AWESOME! I think this is the knicks year they have more talent than miami! Btw Im on rockets fan

:laugh2:

HuRRiCaNeS324
01-18-2013, 03:11 PM
Erik Spoelstra has changed it up a bit. We are not playing as small as we were playing a month ago. We have been starting UD instead of Battier for a while now and Anthony is actually getting minutes as opposed to the beginning of the season. Yes, we occasionally see the small lineup, but i don't think we are seeing it as much as we were before.

As for Wade, i trust that he can turn it up in the playoffs.

whitvalid
01-18-2013, 04:45 PM
the hell's a perform storm?

Big Zo
01-18-2013, 04:49 PM
the hell's a perform storm?

A sissy British pop group.

John Walls Era
01-18-2013, 04:50 PM
NYspirit is a try hard troll. Theres bad trolls, hard trolls then theres this. Pathetic.

mjm07
01-18-2013, 05:18 PM
HEAT are FACKED! :facepalm:

torocan
01-18-2013, 07:36 PM

This.

OKC may be arguably the best team out of the West, but in terms of match ups OKC is one of the more favorable match ups.

I can see Memphis, the Spurs, and the Clippers all giving the Heat a harder time than OKC. OKC strengths just seem to be too much of a head on match up of strengths, whereas Memphis, the Spurs and Clippers play directly into their weak areas (rebounding, ball movement, size, outside shooting and depth).

As for the East, Chicago and Boston I think are the worst match ups for the Heat due to rebounding for Chicago and experience for Boston. The Knicks can beat the Heat, but they would need to shoot well from the 3 point line and they need their bigs to be healthy (hopefully Sheed will be back for the play offs).

I just don't see Brooklyn having the right team mix to beat a team like the Heat. Don't get me wrong, they're playing well, I just don't see them beating the Heat. You either have to out shoot the heat (3 point), out move the heat (passing), or out rebound the Heat (size), and I don't see Brooklyn doing enough to match up well.

The Heat are still the favorites, but I don't think the odds are nearly as much in their favor this year as it was last year. Too many tough teams out West, and the East has a few teams that could knock them out if they play well at the right time.

SwatTeam
01-18-2013, 07:59 PM
Oh man I just had a crazy thought. What if Spo is the East team head coach for the all star game? Get ready for stupid rotations and a lack of ability to get everyone play time. He might also just bench Wade and Bosh in the 4th quarter to save their legs. Spo you crazy diamond. Lebron will probably play 20 minutes total.

Raps08-09 Champ
01-18-2013, 08:01 PM

OKC plays small too.

They sport a front court of Ibaka, Durant and Thabo a lot. They'd probably do the same against the Heat.

SINCESTARBURY25
01-18-2013, 08:10 PM
Im not even scared of the heat. You guys keep bringing up Ray Allen but he isn't the closer he used to be. We have Novak. We have Amare. We have melo we have shump J.r. we have young legs. Adding Amares 20 ppg to our already high scoring games plus Shumps 10-15. And as for the record we have. We haven't even had half of our team. STAT is going to be right back on top soon he looks like he is re-inventing his game to go around Melos and so far its working. When Felton gets back STAT is going to be a monster. Don't say we cant compete because our team truly is mobb deep.

Yes the Heat are deep. But honestly the only thing you have over us is LBJ. Shump can guard Wade easily if he can shut down Rose he can shut Wade down have you not seen how fast and good on defense he is? You have Battier which will be great against Melo, but as for Bosh... STAT and Chandler will do him in. He cant bang around with the big guys. I think Felton has the upperhand on Chalmers but that is really close there. It just depends on health really when it comes to us. Camby, Sheed, Thomas. All of these supposedly ticking time bombs arent even big factors. Even if Jason Kidd goes down some time this year we have Felton, Shump, brewer, J.r. to move back and forth between the 1 and the 2.

Knick bag
01-18-2013, 08:14 PM
im not even scared of the heat. You guys keep bringing up ray allen but he isn't the closer he used to be. We have novak. We have amare. We have melo we have shump j.r. We have young legs. Adding amares 20 ppg to our already high scoring games plus shumps 10-15. And as for the record we have. We haven't even had half of our team. Stat is going to be right back on top soon he looks like he is re-inventing his game to go around melos and so far its working. When felton gets back stat is going to be a monster. Don't say we cant compete because our team truly is mobb deep.

Yes the heat are deep. But honestly the only thing you have over us is lbj. Shump can guard wade easily if he can shut down rose he can shut wade down have you not seen how fast and good on defense he is? You have battier which will be great against melo, but as for bosh... Stat and chandler will do him in. He cant bang around with the big guys. I think felton has the upperhand on chalmers but that is really close there. It just depends on health really when it comes to us. Camby, sheed, thomas. All of these supposedly ticking time bombs arent even big factors. Even if jason kidd goes down some time this year we have felton, shump, brewer, j.r. To move back and forth between the 1 and the 2.

smh

LongIslandIcedZ
01-18-2013, 08:16 PM
I dont know if the Heat are creating a "perfect storm" whatever that even means. But I certainly dont think its a foregone conclusion that they repeat, and I dont think their the best team in the league. Best team in the east? Probably. But OKC/SAS/Memphis/LAC are all more than capable of defeating the Heat. I dont think the Heat have "created" anything, but there are other really good teams in the league and repeating is hard.

SINCESTARBURY25
01-18-2013, 08:16 PM
I dont really see how this is a bad post. Im standing up for the team that everyone treats like a joke.

Jesse2272
01-18-2013, 08:19 PM
Perfect Storm-"an event where a rare combination of circumstances will aggravate a situation drastically"

knickfan33
01-18-2013, 08:36 PM

they play better without rose, he may not help them, just kill everyone else's rythym.

miami is still the favorite, but now that they are playing with this much smller lineup then last year, the defence isnt the same. the east isnt that deep, theres only 3 teams i think good enough to beat heat in 7... knicks,bulls, hawks (forget them if they trade smith)

R. Johnson#3
01-18-2013, 08:38 PM
The title of this thread makes me feel like an aneurism is coming.

justinnum1
01-18-2013, 09:09 PM
Im not even scared of the heat. You guys keep bringing up Ray Allen but he isn't the closer he used to be. We have Novak. We have Amare. We have melo we have shump J.r. we have young legs. Adding Amares 20 ppg to our already high scoring games plus Shumps 10-15. And as for the record we have. We haven't even had half of our team. STAT is going to be right back on top soon he looks like he is re-inventing his game to go around Melos and so far its working. When Felton gets back STAT is going to be a monster. Don't say we cant compete because our team truly is mobb deep.

Yes the Heat are deep. But honestly the only thing you have over us is LBJ. Shump can guard Wade easily if he can shut down Rose he can shut Wade down have you not seen how fast and good on defense he is? You have Battier which will be great against Melo, but as for Bosh... STAT and Chandler will do him in. He cant bang around with the big guys. I think Felton has the upperhand on Chalmers but that is really close there. It just depends on health really when it comes to us. Camby, Sheed, Thomas. All of these supposedly ticking time bombs arent even big factors. Even if Jason Kidd goes down some time this year we have Felton, Shump, brewer, J.r. to move back and forth between the 1 and the 2.

lol

Jesse2272
01-18-2013, 09:13 PM
I wont fear the heat when they end of season collapse and get beat in the first round

unlikely

Longhornfan1234
01-18-2013, 09:18 PM
If I was a Heat fan, I wouldn't be afraid of the Thunder. They're not a great rebounding team, and don't have any low post scorers. The Heat match up well with them.

justinnum1
01-18-2013, 09:34 PM
If I was a Heat fan, I wouldn't be afraid of the Thunder. They're not a great rebounding team, and don't have any low post scorers. The Heat match up well with them.

They matchup great with us. Ibaka and westbrook have always struggled against miami too.

ryang
01-18-2013, 09:38 PM

You are very confused. I know your used to getting bounced out in the first round so ill just laugh. Can't wait to shut the Knicks up AGAIN.

ryang
01-18-2013, 09:40 PM
Shump shutting down wade in the PLAYOFFS was my favorite part. Do you know how out rotations work in the playoffs?

envymamba24
01-19-2013, 11:07 AM

How is this bashing at all. The NBA forum is so ridiculous. The minute someone has a different opinion, many face palm, ask him if he watches games, or my favorite "/thread". Just stop, he's asking if they have the firepower to repeat (really difficult to do). And honestly, they lack rebounding and Chicago is frickin tough.

I got your back OP. my answer, the eastern conference playoffs' tv ratings will be real high this year. It's gonna be a tough race

Dankster
01-19-2013, 11:46 AM
I don't know about "Perfect Storm," they're still the favorites in my eyes. But they have issues going on--they don't really have too much depth and they lack size in the front line.

Lebron is by far and away the best player on the planet, so any team he plays for they're gong to be contenders. But Wade is a bit older now and looks like he's lost some of that marvelous athleticism that made him the one of the best players in the league. He still has a nice PER and shoots efficiently from the field, but it looks like he's lost a step in general as far as speed and athleticism are concerned.

I like The knicks chances against them IF they can stay healthy. I think the Knicks and Bulls (if Rose is back at full health,) have the size and depth to take out Miami in the playoffs.