PDA

View Full Version : Kobe Bryant Says Hes the Greatest One-on-One Player Ever

metsfan4ever
01-17-2013, 06:49 PM
http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2013/01/kobe-bryant-says-hes-the-greatest-one-on-one-player-ever/

Who could get you? "Kevin Durant is the guy that would give me the most trouble. With his length and ability to use the dribble, he’d be tough.’ I always wanted to see you play Tracy McGrady. ‘I played T-Mac. I cooked him. Roasted him. Wasn’t even close."
Do ya agree?

tredigs
01-17-2013, 08:03 PM
He did say he's never lost, which is really ****ing impressive considering some of the people he's played. Obviously Jordan would've been the ultimate 1 v 1 match, and now that KD can somehow dribble like a point guard I do think he'd take even a prime Kobe 1 v 1. He can rise and shoot over him all day, and if Kobe bit too hard he has the ability to smoke him.

I really do wish some of these dumb skills competitions were replaced with a 1v1 competition in the All Star break. I don't know how they've missed the ball on this for so long. It would be damn entertaining if the best of the best went at it.

Storch
01-17-2013, 08:14 PM
Jordan and Durant would have a good shot at beating kobe 1v1 im sure.

Hawkeye15
01-17-2013, 08:21 PM
I think Jordan would have beaten Kobe if they somehow played in their prime.

el hidalgo
01-17-2013, 08:22 PM
jordan would have easily beaten kobe in a 1v1. he is better at basically everything aside from 3's

rocket
01-17-2013, 08:24 PM
No one gives a ****

kblo247
01-17-2013, 08:27 PM

I would pay to watch prime Jordan vs 02-03 Kobe, as I think that's his best year of shooting and athleticism before the knee and shoulder surgeries.

Hawkeye15
01-17-2013, 08:30 PM
I would pay to watch prime Jordan vs 02-03 Kobe, as I think that's his best year of shooting and athleticism before the knee and shoulder surgeries.

90-91' MJ versus that Kobe? I would pay a shitload of money to watch that haha. I think Jordan would take 2/3 games to 11, but they would be good games. Many underestimate how much Kobe's game is geared to play 1-1.

el hidalgo
01-17-2013, 08:34 PM
90-91' MJ versus that Kobe? I would pay a shitload of money to watch that haha. I think Jordan would take 2/3 games to 11, but they would be good games. Many underestimate how much Kobe's game is geared to play 1-1.
kobe's one on one game doesnt impress me much honestly

Hawkeye15
01-17-2013, 08:36 PM

you have to be joking. He would be an unreal 1-1 player. His footwork is perfect, he was athletic, had the midrange game, and explosiveness, while having the most competitive desire out there, just like MJ. If anything, while I rank him a top 10 player ever, he is probably a top 2-3 1-1 player ever.

Tymathee
01-17-2013, 08:50 PM
I believe it. Jordan was a better team defender, I'll give him that but defensively one on one, as we've seen lately, Kobe is one of the best in the league.

He's quick, smart, athletic, smart and long. The dude knows what you're going to do before you do it.

Jordan probably would've given him the most trouble.

3RDASYSTEM
01-17-2013, 08:50 PM
Bron
DURANT
JORDAN would beat him and then tell him to give him his style/game back and send him home and tell him to go copy his so called tru idols games ..WEST/MAGIC

el hidalgo
01-17-2013, 08:54 PM
I believe it. Jordan was a better team defender, I'll give him that but defensively one on one, as we've seen lately, Kobe is one of the best in the league.

He's quick, smart, athletic, smart and long. The dude knows what you're going to do before you do it.

Jordan probably would've given him the most trouble.
jordan was a better 1 on 1 defender too.

ManRam
01-17-2013, 08:55 PM
Hey might be, he might not be.

I might care, I might not care.

el hidalgo
01-17-2013, 08:56 PM

hater. bow to the great one, kobe bryant.

ILLUSIONIST^248
01-17-2013, 08:59 PM

No doubt. Mj is the greatest of all time though :D

Hawkeye15
01-17-2013, 08:59 PM

pretty much dude. Arguing in hypotheticals goes nowhere.

Hawkeye15
01-17-2013, 09:00 PM
No doubt. Mj is the greatest of all time though :D

I don't think it would have been an easy win for MJ though. Both are 1-1 players to begin with, unstoppable in that situation when in their primes. Imagine nobody else on the court to help haha.

ILLUSIONIST^248
01-17-2013, 09:01 PM

After the lakers make the playoffs we will never have to hear stupid statments like this again!

Andrew32
01-17-2013, 09:02 PM
I actually think Prime Barkley could beat Kobe 1v1.

Barkley "could" play good defense when he put in the effort (he rarely did) and on the other end I can't see Kobe stopping Bark's from backing him down effortlessly for easy shots.

el hidalgo
01-17-2013, 09:04 PM
guards/forwards i think could beat kobe 1v1 in his prime

jordan
lebron
prime dominique
prime clyde drexler

ILLUSIONIST^248
I don't think it would have been an easy win for MJ though. Both are 1-1 players to begin with, unstoppable in that situation when in their primes. Imagine nobody else on the court to help haha.

Yeah mj would be the only guy that could beat Kobe one on one. I do believe if they played a best of 7 match they probably go the full 7 with mj edging him.

ILLUSIONIST^248
guards/forwards i think could beat kobe 1v1 in his prime

jordan
lebron
prime dominique
prime clyde drexler
:facepalm: I can't wait for you to be gone.

bluefire7002
01-17-2013, 09:05 PM
I love going one-on-one with someone. That’s what I do. I’ve never lost. It’s a whole different game, just to have them right in front of you and be able to do whatever you want.’”

thats pretty crazy... Like someone said on here, why can't they do 1vs1 competitions for the all-star break. Ratings would be off the roof. I know I would stop doing what im doing on a Saturday night to watch that.

ILLUSIONIST^248
01-17-2013, 09:05 PM
I actually think Prime Barkley could beat Kobe 1v1.

Barkley "could" play good defense when he put in the effort (he rarely did) and on the other end I can't see Kobe stopping Bark's from backing him down effortlessly for easy shots.

No shot andrew.try again.

bluefire7002
01-17-2013, 09:06 PM
:facepalm: I can't wait for you to be gone.

+1

3RDASYSTEM
01-17-2013, 09:11 PM
MELO/PIERCE/NIQUE/DREXLER/AI(5in taller)/V.CARTER and others would beat him or give him run for his money easily

BEAN dont even got his 'own' game to begin with....its not that impressive to copycat/master the socalled greatest of alltime, and act like its your ****, might as well go watch old BULLS clips from 96-98 cause he sure wasnt that 'come fly with me' type circa 84' and wasnt nowhere near as strong as JORDAN nor had his cat quickness,but i cant knock him for fooling the masses who portray he's the 'closest' to JORDAN, I say no hes a closetclone JORDAN

bluefire7002
01-17-2013, 09:11 PM
After the lakers make the playoffs we will never have to hear stupid statments like this again!

Lol.. did he make a ban bet?

Fired-Up
01-17-2013, 09:12 PM
I've never understood this whole 1 on 1 thing. Basketball is played 5 on 5. What you can do 1 on 1 does not translate to actual games. Especially for big men.

bluefire7002
01-17-2013, 09:12 PM
MELO/PIERCE/NIQUE/DREXLER/AI(5in taller)/V.CARTER and others would beat him or give him run for his money easily

BEAN dont even got his 'own' game to begin with....its not that impressive to copycat/master the socalled greatest of alltime, and act like its your ****, might as well go watch old BULLS clips from 96-98 cause he sure wasnt that 'come fly with me' type circa 84' and wasnt nowhere near as strong as JORDAN nor had his cat quickness,but i cant knock him for fooling the masses who portray he's the 'closest' to JORDAN, I say no hes a closetclone JORDAN

Yes yes we know, kobe is a horrible 1vs1 player because he started his career off the bench.

Hawkeye15
01-17-2013, 09:13 PM
Yeah mj would be the only guy that could beat Kobe one on one. I do believe if they played a best of 7 match they probably go the full 7 with mj edging him.

you know who else I would love to see Kobe have played? Early 2000's Pierce. He was so good 1-1.

da wood
01-17-2013, 09:19 PM
You have got to be kidding me right.

ILLUSIONIST^248
01-17-2013, 09:28 PM

Do you ever put a legit paragraph together? I'm starting to there is something wrong with you.

ILLUSIONIST^248
01-17-2013, 09:29 PM

We bet accounts/ If the lakers make the playoffs he can never post here again. If they don't I cant post here anymore.

ILLUSIONIST^248
01-17-2013, 09:30 PM
you know who else I would love to see Kobe have played? Early 2000's Pierce. He was so good 1-1.

For sure. I couldn't imagine him taking Kobe out though.

Hawkeye15
01-17-2013, 09:31 PM
You have got to be kidding me right.

regarding Pierce? No way dude. Many defenders said he was one of the toughest dudes to guard 1-1. Think of it, he can shoot, he is big, can sell fouls, can drive either way, hit the step back, hit the three, and was always an underrated defender.

Hawkeye15
01-17-2013, 09:32 PM
For sure. I couldn't imagine him taking Kobe out though.

I think Kobe would win, but if Pierce backed him down non-stop, it might be closer than you think. Pierce is bigger and stronger.

ILLUSIONIST^248
01-17-2013, 09:34 PM
I think Kobe would win, but if Pierce backed him down non-stop, it might be closer than you think. Pierce is bigger and stronger.

Yeah most the games would end about 11-7 or so. I would love to see some 1v1 center match ups :D

--23--
01-17-2013, 09:35 PM
Kobe is a nice little replica but i put my money on the authentic version in Jordan. Durant could give Kobe a run for his money, but i think Kobe is more skilled and that alone will probably give him the edge.

I don't know if anyone said this but Dominique Wilkins will be a great 1 on 1 match up also.

hidalgo
01-17-2013, 09:39 PM
Michael would beat Kobe for sure. Kobe is a weasel, always hyping himself up. Michael didn't need to do that because his greatness spoke for itself. everyone knew he was the best, he didn't have to run his mouth about it

i think prime Michael would beat prime Kobe 4-0

ILLUSIONIST^248
01-17-2013, 09:43 PM
Michael would beat Kobe for sure. Kobe is a weasel, always hyping himself up. Michael didn't need to do that because his greatness spoke for itself. everyone knew he was the best, he didn't have to run his mouth about it

i think prime Michael would beat prime Kobe 4-0

Jordan had the biggest HEAD ever. You obv. never seen his hof ceremony.
That games are up to 11 not 4.

hidalgo
01-17-2013, 09:44 PM
oh, & i think Lebron would beat him 1 on 1 too. he almost laughs at the thought of that, which is annoying, because he has trouble scoring on lebron 1 on 1 in games, but lebron has no trouble scoring on him

ILLUSIONIST^248
01-17-2013, 09:44 PM
So who wins duncan or hakeem?

hidalgo
01-17-2013, 09:45 PM
best of 7 series i mean, 4-zip

hidalgo
the Dream

he had a much better offensive game, & equal or better defensively.

ILLUSIONIST^248
oh, & i think Lebron would beat him 1 on 1 too. he almost laughs at the thought of that, which is annoying, because he has trouble scoring on lebron 1 on 1 in games, but lebron has no trouble scoring on him

Your so bad at trolling. You try to be like dmf. It's not working

Hawkeye15
Yeah most the games would end about 11-7 or so. I would love to see some 1v1 center match ups :D

center matchups would be so boring dude.

Hawkeye15
01-17-2013, 09:47 PM
So who wins duncan or hakeem?

easily Hakeem, he can actually dribble a basketball on the perimeter. That is why I say big men playing 1-1 would be boring. Unless you turned it into a post feed game of 1-1. Starting out top, most of them don't even have the handles or creative ability to entertain anyone.

ILLUSIONIST^248
01-17-2013, 09:48 PM
center matchups would be so boring dude.
I just though it would be interesting to see who has the best post offence and post defence.

hidalgo
01-17-2013, 09:51 PM
i like how Kobe tries to hide behind Shaq, saying if he didn't play with him his numbers would be insane, yet he was just entering his prime when Shaq left for Miami, & Kobe didn't put up any seasons better than MJ's best. not even close. there's the proof right there.

he sure does like blowing himself regardless

ILLUSIONIST^248
01-17-2013, 10:01 PM
i like how Kobe tries to hide behind Shaq, saying if he didn't play with him his numbers would be insane, yet he was just entering his prime when Shaq left for Miami, & Kobe didn't put up any seasons better than MJ's best. not even close. there's the proof right there.

The fact that you have to compare Kobe to the greatest basketball player to ever walk plant earth proves how good he is.

TheMoneyTeam
01-17-2013, 10:16 PM
Jordan didn't have the handle or jump shot.

Fla.SticKy
01-17-2013, 10:20 PM
Kobe is great! But lets not get it twisted MJ and Lebron would both do him in on heads up, especially Lebron!

TheMoneyTeam
01-17-2013, 10:26 PM
Kobe is great! But lets not get it twisted MJ and Lebron would both do him in on heads up, especially Lebron!

lol

kblo247
01-17-2013, 10:28 PM

Yeah that was the MJ I was thinking about, and that's the first year Kobe started smelling himself with his first 40+ streak of games as that was the year his athleticism, shot, handles, and body were all at their best balance IM

I can see it going all three games 1-1-1 split because they would kill one another in game 3 lol

jerellh528
01-17-2013, 10:32 PM
1 v 1 for all star game.. make it happen!

Raidaz4Life
01-17-2013, 10:36 PM
I definitely see Kobe being able to give anyone a run for their money 1 vs 1. I don't know if he is the best but he is almost the prototypical 1 vs 1 player. Thats probably one of my biggest criticisms of him as an NBA player.

Andrew32
01-17-2013, 10:42 PM

Yeah that part was pure bull.
Just Kobe trying to make himself look better due to his massive ego.

Kobe averaged the same FGAttempts from 01-02 that he did in his 08-10 playoff runs and his effiency in 02 was putrid.
Also when Shaq was out those years Kobe put up worse numbers.

Shaq not only improved Kobe's numbers but got him rings. How is that sacrificing?
Sacrifice my a33. Kobe never sacrificed anything on the court from an individual perspective.

And winning MVP's really? The early 00's were ruled by Prime Shaq, Duncan and eventually KG.
No way Kobe is winning any MVP's during that times regardless of what team he was on.

Vee-Rex
01-17-2013, 10:49 PM
Come on, I don't think anyone in the league right now could beat Kobe one on one. And I'm saying that as an anti-LA fan. You gotta give respect and props where it's due.

I think prime Kobe would give prime Jordan a run for his money, but in the end I think MJ would pull it out. If someone was to argue that they think Kobe would beat MJ, I couldn't honestly call him crazy or senseless. Kobe is arguably the best or 2nd best one on one player to play in the NBA.

Andrew32
01-17-2013, 10:49 PM
No shot andrew.try again.
Did you ever watch Prime Barkley?
How would Kobe stop him. Barkley would take his sweet time backing him down for easy layups or dunks.

Kobe would have to work his *** off to try and poke the ball away.

Barkley was crazy athletic and had long arms. If he wanted to play good m2m defense he could.
Usually towards the end of the games he'd be the won asking to guard Bird and Jordan.

I might be wrong but in a 1v1 game I am taking Prime Barkley over Kobe.

ThuglifeJ
01-17-2013, 10:54 PM

BEAN dont even got his 'own' game to begin with....

Well, seeing as he said he smoked Tmac I dont know about those guys being a different story. Melo can't D up and isnt mobile enough for Kobe. Same with Pierce, he's not even a 1v1 guy all that much anyway. Nique and Drexler are a no way, Drexler would be way too slow for Kobe. Ai and Carter in prime could score in anyway anywhere but it'd be the same thing as Tmac. They weren't as 1v1 as Kobe is, they all used picks, attacking off pass/dribble as well as 1v1.

Kobe's like strictly 1v1 all the time

Vee-Rex
01-17-2013, 10:55 PM
How would Kobe stop him. Barkley would take his sweet time backing him down for easy layups or dunks.

Barkley was crazy athletic and had long arms. If he wanted to play good m2m defense he could.
Usually towards the end of the games he'd be the won asking to guard Bird and Jordan.

Barkley is my favorite player of all time. I grew up wearing his Sixers jersey, his Suns jersey and his Rockets jersey. And I still think a prime Kobe would be able to beat him, but it'd be a good matchup. In the end I think Kobe's athleticism and speed would be too much for Sir Charles.

Backing someone down from the 3-point line is not easy at all. All legitimate one-on-one matchups have 'take-backs', so on a miss you gotta take it behind the 3-point line. If it was Shaq, he'd be able to back Kobe down but all it takes is a missed shot or two, or a steal and he would have no way of guarding Kobe at all. Kobe would run the table. Barkley would not be able to just back him down easily, especially not prime Barkley.

If you understand one-on-one (I played it all my life and still do) you'd know this.

ThuglifeJ
01-17-2013, 11:00 PM
I agree with Kobe on Durant tho. He's a slithery lengthy bastard, I can't stand playing those guys in real life they drive me nuts. Next thing you know you're nearly under the basket and their arms are stretching out of your reach like MJ in space jam.

When did everyone start getting 7 ft wing spans.. I'd rather guard Kobe 1v1 because Durant could just find a way to get close to the hoop and hook it in or if he got me set up in his dribble he'd just sky his arms for a long layup.

Kobe defending you 1v1 althought is a different story he'd be hard to get around.

whoever is saying Lebron needs to just stop. The guy is not at all a good 1v1 player yet. Unless they allowed him to get the ball from full court sprint then mabybe he could compete with Kobe 1v1. Otherwise he's not a scorer like that yet..

ILLUSIONIST^248
01-17-2013, 11:01 PM
Yeah that part was pure bull.
Just Kobe trying to make himself look better due to his massive ego.

Kobe averaged the same FGAttempts from 01-02 that he did in his 08-10 playoff runs and his effiency in 02 was putrid.
Also when Shaq was out those years Kobe put up worse numbers.

Shaq not only improved Kobe's numbers but got him rings. How is that sacrificing?
Sacrifice my a33. Kobe never sacrificed anything on the court from an individual perspective.

And winning MVP's really? The early 00's were ruled by Prime Shaq, Duncan and eventually KG.
No way Kobe is winning any MVP's during that times regardless of what team he was on.

You and hidalgo make great friends :laugh:

ILLUSIONIST^248
01-17-2013, 11:03 PM

No one is baking kobe down for layups kiddo.
Well that's your opinion. We all know how you hate Kobe

dnl123
01-17-2013, 11:04 PM
Ha nice ego Kobe but I'll bet in reality Lebron would beat you 6-7 times out of ten.

ThuglifeJ
01-17-2013, 11:14 PM
"We played three games of one-on-one to 11. I won all three games. One game I won 11-2. After the third game he said he had back spasms and couldn’t play anymore."

HAHA that is SO Tmac.

why are him and VC so weak minded sometimes. They're either crazy confident or super scared. bipolar genes?

lakersiznumber1
01-17-2013, 11:19 PM
Ha nice ego Kobe but I'll bet in reality Lebron would beat you 6-7 times out of ten.

:facepalm: 6-7 come on wat u smokin kobe is best 1 on 1 its not even close durant close second

Money_23
01-17-2013, 11:30 PM

:laugh2:

ThaDubs
01-17-2013, 11:46 PM
Lol at this Lakers Heat game. Steal dunk steal dunk steal dunk steal dunk.

ohreally
01-18-2013, 12:12 AM

Well, if the'r were refs around Jordan would win, 'cause nobody, but nobody got the calls Jordan got. Yeah, game was more physical in the day, but you really couln't go near Jordan and not be called for a foul when the game counted, and Jordan could get away with more than none, too. Kobe has a pretty complete game and Jordan became a better shooter as time went on (and the refs grew ever more deferential). Durant would be tough, but I think a prime Kobe would probably edge him 1-1.

Would be something to call up if we ever come by a time machine.

dnl123
01-18-2013, 12:49 AM
:facepalm: 6-7 come on wat u smokin kobe is best 1 on 1 its not even close durant close second

I love how you :facepalm: me because I said something that's actually intellectual in a ******** thread. This whole thing of Kobe being the best one on one player is silly. Kobe trying to guard Lebron would be hilarious. Lebron's got like 3 inches and 40 pounds on him. He'd drive him into the ground.

LoveMeOrHateMe
01-18-2013, 01:09 AM
Kobe is right he's the best 1on1 player ever

LoveMeOrHateMe
01-18-2013, 01:14 AM
lol

Double lol the guys got jokes

LoveMeOrHateMe
01-18-2013, 01:17 AM

Smh

JasonJohnHorn
01-18-2013, 01:23 AM
Kobe is pretty much as good as just about anybody from his era one-on-one. But let us be honest. The best? I would say currently Durant and LBJ are at least as good as prime Kobe and T-Mac was likely up there to. Jordan was clearly the best. But then again, we are talking perimeter players here. You take a guy like Hakeem, Shaq, these guys could not be stopped one-on-one. So if you are going to include post players, then I would say Shaq and Hakeem are two guys who would almost always get around single coverage. If you are just talking guys on the wing, I don't see Kobe as BETTER than LBJ or Durant.

Kobe's got such an ego.

ThuglifeJ
01-18-2013, 01:36 AM
I love how you :facepalm: me because I said something that's actually intellectual in a ******** thread. This whole thing of Kobe being the best one on one player is silly. Kobe trying to guard Lebron would be hilarious. Lebron's got like 3 inches and 40 pounds on him. He'd drive him into the ground.

Yes it was SO intellectual for you to post out YOUR prediction of a hypothetical 1v1 game...

anyway since when was Lebron a good 1v1 player? Drive him into the ground? 1v1 isn't full court you have to start with the ball at like the perimeter. Is Bron really gonna have the footwork from there to get around Kobe at will just because his height?

Sactown
01-18-2013, 01:47 AM
Yes it was SO intellectual for you to post out YOUR prediction of a hypothetical 1v1 game...

anyway since when was Lebron a good 1v1 player? Drive him into the ground? 1v1 isn't full court you have to start with the ball at like the perimeter. Is Bron really gonna have the footwork from there to get around Kobe at will just because his height?
Maybe, maybe not, but one things for sure. Lebron can turn his back to Kobe and post him till he's under the basket, unless Kobe leans on him, which would allow Lebron to spin right past him... Don't kid yourself... 40 pounds and 3 inches is a huge advantage

Andrew32
01-18-2013, 02:08 AM
No one is baking kobe down for layups kiddo.
Well that's your opinion. We all know how you hate Kobe
What do you mean?
How would Kobe prevent Barkley from backing him down for a layup?

Could Kobe prevent Shaq from backing him down?

I am being serious here.

Also Barkley had a decent handle and face up game so he could probably dribble in closer to the basket before turning his back to Kobe.
He wouldn't necessarily have to post up from the 3pt line even though if you watched Prime or Young Barkley you know he'd be happy to do that.

Barkley used to back up guys for days before shooting.

ThaDubs
01-18-2013, 02:10 AM
Kobe is pretty much as good as just about anybody from his era one-on-one. But let us be honest. The best? I would say currently Durant and LBJ are at least as good as prime Kobe and T-Mac was likely up there to. Jordan was clearly the best. But then again, we are talking perimeter players here. You take a guy like Hakeem, Shaq, these guys could not be stopped one-on-one. So if you are going to include post players, then I would say Shaq and Hakeem are two guys who would almost always get around single coverage. If you are just talking guys on the wing, I don't see Kobe as BETTER than LBJ or Durant.

Kobe's got such an ego.

Basically sums it up.

ThuglifeJ
01-18-2013, 02:18 AM
Im waiting for a clippers fan to say Jamal Crawford, CP3, Bledsoe, or Hollins over Kobe tho..

Crawford would be really good actually 1v1

Chronz
01-18-2013, 02:19 AM
Yea how does Shaq lose a 1 on 1 game?

Hawkeye15
01-18-2013, 02:19 AM
Yeah that was the MJ I was thinking about, and that's the first year Kobe started smelling himself with his first 40+ streak of games as that was the year his athleticism, shot, handles, and body were all at their best balance IM

I can see it going all three games 1-1-1 split because they would kill one another in game 3 lol

hypothetically, you and I can buy a beer, some popcorn, and watch the two maestro's go at it haha

Hawkeye15
01-18-2013, 02:23 AM
Yea how does Shaq lose a 1 on 1 game?

uh, make it a true 1-1 game, ball up top? No way on earth Shaq has the handles to score on every possession, while the greatest perimeter players would blow by him like he isn't even there. You do understand the game of 1-1, right? The only center in history that even has a beef here is Hakeem, due to his handles.

Vee-Rex
01-18-2013, 02:35 AM
uh, make it a true 1-1 game, ball up top? No way on earth Shaq has the handles to score on every possession, while the greatest perimeter players would blow by him like he isn't even there. You do understand the game of 1-1, right? The only center in history that even has a beef here is Hakeem, due to his handles.

These are guys who obviously don't understand anything about 1on1 games. I don't think some have actually ever played in their lives.

No one is saying that a Prime Barkley can't score on Kobe. Sure he can back him down sometimes and score, but will he outscore Kobe?? Not in make'em take'em, not in regular 1on1 style. His defense and athleticism will not be good enough. Hell, Kobe could post Barkley up.

Offensively, he could perhaps come close to matching Kobe. Defensively, I think Kobe's defense would have a greater effect on Barkley than Barkley's defense on Kobe. 5 games? Maybe Barkley could steal one or two, but I think Kobe would win overall.

Wade n Fade
01-18-2013, 02:59 AM
Kobe loves to boast and show off his ego. He is very overrated. I hate when people ride his dick. Sure, he is good and a HoF. Is he better than Shaq, Wilt, etc? No. He is not the 2nd best player of all time.

Jahari Kavi
01-18-2013, 03:15 AM

Kobe's got such an ego.

pretty much my sentiments...

Bruno
01-18-2013, 03:39 AM
yeah, MJ and Kobe.

lakersiznumber1
01-18-2013, 03:41 AM

lebron is the better player in a team game situation with 5 on 5, but kobe is better 1 on 1 player. He goes 1 on 5 every game when the rest of the team falls a sleep so my money is on kobe

amos1er
01-18-2013, 04:14 AM
All the usual suspects spewing the same foolish garbage as usual. Andrew32, 3RDASYSTEM, and ElHildago. The holy trinity of Kobe haters. lol

amos1er
01-18-2013, 04:16 AM

Kobe's got such an ego.

So Hakeem and Shaq would be able to bring the ball up the court and post them selves up without it getting stolen before they even reached the free throw line?

Andrew32
01-18-2013, 04:23 AM
So Hakeem and Shaq would be able to bring the ball up the court and post them selves up without it getting stolen before they even reached the free throw line?
Shaq had amazing handles.
Go look up video of him running the fast break by himself back in Orlando.

He had no problem putting the ball on the floor and keeping control over it while not letting others strip him.

Hakeem had similar handles I believe.

Not saying it would make sense for them to do that but they have done it.

Andrew32
01-18-2013, 04:29 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zwxu5OYNd0

Chronz
01-18-2013, 04:54 AM
Not seeing why he couldn't just back you down as soon as he got the ball. Its pretty easy to keep 1 guy away from the ball when your as massive as Shaq is. Its not like he has to crossover to create space or something

PleaseBeNice
01-18-2013, 06:07 AM
LBJ would WAX kobe

Fla.SticKy
01-18-2013, 11:46 AM
x2.......Probably 8 out of ten! Lebron is bigger, stronger, faster all the way around!

sammyvine
01-18-2013, 12:17 PM
http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2013/01/kobe-bryant-says-hes-the-greatest-one-on-one-player-ever/

Who could get you? "Kevin Durant is the guy that would give me the most trouble. With his length and ability to use the dribble, hed be tough. I always wanted to see you play Tracy McGrady. I played T-Mac. I cooked him. Roasted him. Wasnt even close."
Do ya agree?
where did he say he is the best ever?:rolleyes:

SanAntonioSpurs23
01-18-2013, 12:22 PM
No one gives a ****

This pretty much sums it up. **** Kobme

HouRealCoach
01-18-2013, 12:24 PM
He even beat Bow Wow

MassoDio
01-18-2013, 02:19 PM
where did he say he is the best ever?:rolleyes:

http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/fandom/post/_/id/17075/kobe-bryant-talks-mj-lebron-django

You versus LeBron? Who wins?

Me. No question. As far as one-on-one, I’m the best to ever do it.

In the original article that SLAM is quoting from. Which is hyper-linked in the SLAM article. Try reading before rolling your eyes.

Now on topic.....

Kobe is a GREAT 1 vs 1 player. Is he the best ever? Who knows. I think MJ would beat him. But on any given day or week, the top players of all time can take each other. In a 7 game series, I think MJ wins, and it would probably not go the full 7 games. But that's just my opinion. It is quite possible Kobe could take him in a series too. That doesn't make Kobe better than Jordan. And it doesn't mean that Kobe is a better 1 vs 1 player than Jordan. It simply means that great players are great players for a reason. They all have competitive drive, and are insanely talented.

I do think there are other guys in the history of the game that could take Kobe. It isn't a crazy thought. Think about it. If Kobe played a 7 game series of 1 vs 1 against Bird for example. Bird could be hot for 4 straight game, take the ball first, and not miss 11 shots straight. With Bird, he could do that for 4 games in a row. He was that good of a shooter. Even with someone in his face. But then they play another series, and Kobe gets the ball first, he is going right by Bird almost every time. So this definitive "Kobe is the best, he would destroy this guy or that guy" really is all speculation. And not really all that realistic either.

Chronz
01-18-2013, 05:28 PM
Can anyone seriously say to me, that you have never just backed someone down all the way to the paint in a 1 on 1 game? It gets tiring but Im not in the shape I used to be, I never worried about getting stripped because you only have to keep track of 1 pair of hands. How hard can that be for a professional center? LMFAO Shaq would kill everyone 1 on 1.

Perimeter players would murder him too, but you dont think eventually one of those jumpers falls flat? Ill take my chance with a Shaq dunk attempt over any shot in NBA history.

Who won the last 1 on 1 competition? Wasnt it Kareem or some bigman?

KniCks4LiFe
01-18-2013, 05:40 PM
I'll go w/ Bernard King and then Kobe.